Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

[Event] - Masquerade Ball

Shinrya Kahako

Yen
ASP
Deaths

For the hundredth time, Kahako nervously twisted her fingers to and fro around themselves, seemingly unable to settle. “I hope Susumu will be alright. You did give your mother his favorite toy, right?” she gazed out of the window as their carriage slowly approached to the gates of the torre. A large hand covered hers as she gazed into vibrant blue eyes that seemed to smile at her fidgeting. Ayumu “Sorry,” she spoke as she smiled, “I’m a little nervous.” Their ride slowed to a stop, and soft ballroom music could be heard whenever a parton opened and closed the front door. “It’s been awhile since I’ve been to one of these events.” The door on Ayumu’s side opened to let them both out, and her lover guided her to her feet effortlessly.

Taking his arm, they made their way to the door and into the large ballroom. Kahako first took note of the performance the Mochizuki Clan held above the rafters. A smile beamed on her face, as she quickly caught sight of a daring move from one rafter to the next. The entire energy of the room was upbeat, and immediately Kahako felt like she wanted to dance. The clan seemed to do well in keeping the spirit of the party high.

“I wonder if Saito-sama will make an appearance tonight?” Kahako murmured quietly to her partner. It was difficult to imagine the stoic Kage would make an appearance in a place such as this, but he was the Raikage after all and these were his people. Next she scanned the room to see if she recognized anyone at all. Already, there were so many people! With addition to all of the masks and elegant attire, anyone on the other side of the room was difficult to see. Kahako tightened on Ayumu’s grip a little bit, adrenaline rushing through her. “Shall we get a drink or something to eat?” she asked. The floor looked inviting, but she didn’t know if Ayumu enjoyed dancing as much as she did.

Suddenly, she caught sight of a familiar build nearby, and there was enough face showing that she felt she knew the person. "Ah, is that Junko-san?" Kahako asked within earshot.

Shinrya Kitsune

11th Raikage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Kitsune grinned and pretended to be oblivious to Saekos reaction to her being there ”Well, I’d assume she should be along any minute now. I had to go here in advance to oversee the delivery from my province. I hope you enjoyed the wine, by the way. It was grown in my province.” she said and smiled. ”As for a love potion, well… Afraid I haven’t cracked that nut yet. Not actual love. Powerful infatuation though… That’s easier. But, I’m afraid I didn’t bring any tonight, dear.” but then came the question about the non-alcoholic beverages. ”I’m fairly sure there’s various non-alcoholic drinks over by the drinks table. I recall that I had at least three casks of juice brought here. One orange, one apple, one multifruit. Most people do prefer to mix their alcohol with other things, so…” she answered the kidling standing by them.

Then Saeko glanced around the room, and Kitsune tracked the movement, raising an eye when her gaze stopped at Tomo. ”Y’know, Saeko-chan. You should make a move before she does. Give her a couple of years and she could be a mini-me, but without the fabulous curves.” she whispered into Saekos ear and grinned before pulling back and winking.

At the other end of the room, at the entrance nearest to the Chigokai clan, Hisako entered silently and walked towards the Chigokai tables, where Osuteno was sitting. She was wearing a lovely purple dress with a filigree pattern on the front, a purple mask with indigo and white patterns on the front, as well as a jeweled butterfly. Finally, her hair had been curled ever so slightly and done up a bit.
[col3]
HisakoDress.jpg
|
HisakoHair.jpg
|
HisakoMask.jpg
[/col3]

She walked up right behind Osuteno,”Hello Osuteno-kun.” she said with a smile. She had gotten better at imitating facial expressions, although, like with many other things, she wasn’t quite ‘there’ yet. It was a work in progress. ”Are you alone this evening?” she asked, tilting her head slightly.

Sukuna Kiyo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S

QLzvUAn.png

Akane was led away by the masked Mochizuki, then her changed their pose, taking her left hand, then placed his other hand between her shoulder blades. She found it an odd position... She question it in her head, she was not one to think of romance. She still found it odd, and didnt really think twice about being this close to a stranger.

The Mochizuki explained to her the position, she nodded as he spoke. She placed her hand on his shoulder, then she looked at his mask. She wondered why she would smack someone for placing their hand any lower... She didn't get it, it wasn't anything special? But he was the instructor here, so she would take his word for it. Even it she did not understand it. "Alright, Sir Michizuki." She stated with a grin.

As he gave his final advice, she closed her eyes, and allowed him to lead the way. She feared of falling, or stepping on her own dress... She had already stepped on it a few times on the way to the ball.As she allowed him to guide her, she became more in step with him, though the fear of falling never left her mind. She knew she was a clutz. His instructions during the dance helped her to not think too much, and just feel it.

Akane thought his instructions on the eyes was a bit odd, she didn't know bonds could be formed by looking someone in the eyes... But she saw no problem with looking into someones eyes, if it was needed to learn how to dance better, than she had no problem. She opened her eyes to look at his, she could see his eye through the slits of his mask. Grey eyes, all she could think of was science.... She read that blue eyes were very similar to grey, genetic wise. Obviously her eyes differed from his greatly, as they were a deep blue. She found it curious, she thought that his eyes were pretty. She showed him a smile, "Thank you." She stated, she was a quiet person in front of strangers normally, but she felt the urge to say something.​

o2aNwZ6.jpg

Oka looked at the two, Aiko seemed a little odd, but she was glad to see they hadn't changed that much since the last time she saw them. It had been almost a month, at least she thought so. A few weeks.

Oka giggled as Junko made his comment about being on time. It was just like him to make an excuse. "Life has been fast for me, I got a job at a restaurant, and I have had hardly anytime to spend with Akane. But other than that, life has been fair." She explained with a smile. She hoped to spend the evening with akane, but at the same time she hoped Akane would pick up a man while here.

She looked around for a moment, mostly to see if Karin, and the twins were here, she had heard that they would be here soon, but junko was staring at the entrance. Oka looked towards the entrance, and spotted Karin, she looked lovely, and the boys looked adorable. She waved to them, smiling. She loved young children, it was too bad Akane grew up too fast.

"Hopefully the boys wont cause too much of a mess..." She stated to herself, then she looked towards Junko, as something came to her mind. "Oh yeah, where did Yoshi run off too?" She wondered to him, was he too busy with ninja stuff? She'd think they'd get this day off at least.​

Kogami Ayumu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As Kahako fretted for the hundred and fiftieth time about whether Susumu would be fine in the care of Ayumu's parents, Ayumu casually glanced outside the carriage's window resisting the urge to laugh. As was not uncommon, Kahako's mind was racing as she thought of a million things that could go wrong. She had clearly forgotten, but this was the second time she had asked about Susumu's favorite toy.

"Yes, Kahako, relax. We brought over plenty of toys for them to entertain him with," Ayumu said, glancing to her with a reassuring smile. Susumu, their son of now over a year, was being watched tonight by Ayumu's parents who had watched him countless times before. In truth, Ayumu felt much more comfortable with Susumu being with them than being watched over by the maids of the Shinrya manor. He had narrowly escaped Kahako insisting on bringing Susumu along. Imagine, bringing an infant child to a masquerade! Sure, he'd be adorable in his little mask, but... Great, now he wished they had brought him. Ayumu chuckled at Kahako's admission that she was nervous, as if it needed to be said.

"I can tell," he responded as the sound of ballroom music reached his ears. Unfortunately for Ayumu, being a Sennin meant that you were invited to far too many occasions like this. It was even worse now that he was the Main Branch Sennin. This one was with Kahako, at least, which meant it actually had a chance to be pleasant. "You'll be fine. Just hide behind me if it gets too scary," Ayumu said just before the carriage door slid open. He stepped out on cue and offered his hand to Kahako to help her exit gracefully as well. The length of her dress made anything more complicated than walking slightly difficult, he imagined. With her arm in his they entered the ballroom and were greeted to the site of a plethora of guests in their masks. Even Ayumu had joined in with his own mask, one made of silver despite his temptation to bring his old ANBU mask. He'd been told that it somehow represented the Kagetsu clan, though he had forgotten the explanation already.

After watching the Mochizuki's performance for a moment, he glanced over to see Kahako's smile form. The excitement had won over the nervousness, it seemed. It probably helped to see so many familiar faces. Ayumu scanned the crowd trying to pick out out a couple people that he recognized. Likely the easiest to point out was Kitsune with her vibrant red hair, but otherwise the masks did their parts well, at least from afar. He had been forced to forgo his glasses to wear a mask, so that didn't help either. A whisper from his date drew Ayumu's attention back to her once more. She wondered if the Raikage would appear, to which Ayumu chuckled at the thought.

"I'm not sure this is exactly his scene... can you imagine him in a masquerade mask?" Ayumu commented, trying to picture it. There was a brief mention of food, but then Kahako managed to recognize somebody nearby through their mask. Ayumu glanced in the direction she was looking and squinted at the figure standing there. Perhaps even more recognizable by his white hair, Aiko was standing with Junko as well as a woman Ayumu did not recognize that they were speaking with. "Hmm, you know, I think it just might be," he said, walking with her to the Med-nin Chief whose eyes seemed intriguingly different than the last time Ayumu had seen them. "Junko and Aiko too, I see. I didn't know you two enjoyed fancy parties like this. But then again, I suppose we met at one didn't we, Junko? How are you guys?" Ayumu said, greeting the two of them and recalling the inauguration party for Daisuke at which he and Kahako had met Junko. Speaking of meeting, there was a third masked individual here that he had yet to be introduced to. Hopefully the Tsuyoshi brothers could rectify that.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The figure adjusted her mask one last time in the shadows of the hallways. She fidgeted with her hair and make up all night before stepping outside. Suddenly, a girlish worry such as hair became nil. She was most concerned with losing her mask. She was worried the world would know who she was tonight. She didn't wish to be anyone. Honestly, she didn't understand why she was doing this? The world hated her as much as she feared it, at least, in her mind. So, why? It was hard for her to say, but deep down she wished to be a ninja of Kumogakure one last time. She even wished to see those she left behind. Seeing their smiling faces one last time would give her courage to face death. Especially after facing such harsh realities at the gate. People would miss her when she left this world. Saeko made that very clear. As long as they continued to smile long after she was gone, she'd be okay.

il_570xN.319375817.jpg

Sarah-Ball-Gown-Labyrinth.jpg

The music within the hall flooded her ears as the doors were opened for a new group being ushered in. She blended in, if just for a moment, but soon find herself standing alone. People hurried past to greet those they knew. It seemed everyone had someone to see. Yet, she was alone. The sphere of excitement and wonder encased everyone but her. This was a mistake. Maybe she shouldn't have bothered. She found herself slowly retreating to the side, occasionally attracting a glance.

She settled against the wall, finding faces among the crowd she might recognize. Although it was a bit difficult with them all being masked. However, one thing stood out to her. She more easily spotted ANBU in the crowd. They were the ones comfortable behind the masks. The ones who were adjusting their facades every second or nervously ticking on about how it might look on them. She smiled sardonically. Despite all the tragedy her people had seen, they still kept going. This was a night of letting loose and having fun. The crowd of shinobi and clansmen all seemed to take up the event with ease. The laughter filled a once blood stained Torre.

Shin, your people survived. I think you'd be happy to know that they've got it handled after so much has happened. Kumogakure will always survive.

These were the strongest people she'd ever known.​

Osuteno

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Junichi was nearby cracking up with a few tears of mirth. Even that damn Ookami couldn't have predicted so much nonsense to occur when she set out the little rabbit for bait. It had been something amazing to witness from just far enough away to get the whole picture. As the drunk approached Osu Ookami had begun to make true her promise to snatch away Osu's potential dance partners but she had been stunned by the sheer idiocy coming out of the guy's mouth. He himself was having trouble making out some of the idiocy, but he nearly started rolling when the guy asked if Osu was dating the Matriarch and it only got better as he continued. Just how drunk was this guy?

Then out of nowhere another guy crawls up right in front of Osu's seat apparently looking for something but he wouldn't be important for another few moments. Junichi watched a rather graceful girl walked by him and though he had no idea what there was something off about her. She walked right up behind the Matriarch and Osuteno before greeting him causing Osu to launch forward, tripped over the guy at his feet, stumbled through the drunk and into a passing waiter causing skewers of cherry tomatoes with fresh basil and fresh mozzarella drizzled with balsamic reduction to rain down everywhere, much to the excitement of a rather large nobleman. While he blinked Junichi had lost track of Osu who was likely now under a table and guest were trying to see what the commotion was about. Not too surprising since the events took place over about 3 seconds.

Anyway there was a more important matter to occupy his attention. The men with that beautiful woman were doing her and this ball a great disservice by not guiding her graceful form across the dance floor. As he approached he first saw her looking out onto the dance floor at a pair before returning to small talk with the men. It was as if they didn't have the slightest interest in holding such a woman close to them. Maybe that girl out there dancing was her sister? They seemed to have a similar body type. Of course he saw her waving at some children and wondered if they were hers. It wouldn't be surprising to know if she did of course, nor would it deter him, but it would change his approach, and have him be on the lookout for a husband.

After placing an empty glass down on a passing tray and slipping a considerable amount of money to one of the band members to begin a tango tanda after the next song ended, Junichi approached Oka. "Madam whoever this Yoshi person you are looking for is, let me just say if he, like these fine gentlemen here, isn't possessed by the desire to dance with you he knows not what a wondrous woman his eyes behold." He gently picked up her hands in his and started walking backwards towards the dance floor as the next song began as he requested.

He held his hands loosely around hers at first so she knew she could pull away and refuse but she allowed herself to be pulled along. "It seems we are lucky, they have started a tango for us. Might I interest you in the three rules of tango?"
[col3]
*​
|
*​
|
*​
[/col3]

Ookami stared at the strange bloodless creature that had managed to sneak up on them. That wasn't something she was used to. She had prepared to strike down another assassin but was surprised when it named Osuteno. What was this creature? How did it know the rabbit? Why... hmm there were two young men before her now, a clumsy thing and a drunk one. Neither seemed to be prime dance partners, but first come first serve. At least the one was almost as tall as she. Grabbing both their arms she dragged them to the dance floor to have a bit of fun. "Come on boys! Do your best to keep up." Before she even made it to the floor she was incredibly pleased someone had turned up the pace from that dreary music they had been playing so far.​
Edit: When I made this next part I forgot about people having different resolutions when I tried to have their thoughts and words alternate with some spacing so forgive me if it looks weird on your computers. Last time I try doing that lol. Everything is a learning experience ;P
[col]
VRu5947.jpg
"This will be a good time to teach you young bloods the laws of tango."

Ookami looked behind her to find that incorrigible nephew of hers already ignoring her orders and dancing with a woman likely twice his age. He was lucky she didn't care that much because his mother would kill him if she found out.

Ookami nearly snorted at her nephew's interpretation of the first rule. She looked between Amegatsu and Ri with a somewhat intense smile on her face. "My nephew there is close but he romanticizes things far too much. The true meaning is that the passion lies in the fact that the dancers are throwing away their lives outside the dance regardless of everything else the the consequences of their passion on the floor. In other words dance as if you want to take my clothes off. The second law is as simple as the first, for the next three or four songs you belong to me and me alone."

"Hah you speak about my lust but isn't that the game you are playing too boy? At least I am forward with what I am after."

The young man was being a bit big for his britches as she distractedly led one of her partner's hands into dangerously low territory. It was a masquarade but if he thought she would forget about his behavior later he had another thing coming... provided she didn't enjoy the wine a bit too much tonight. There was always a chance of that.

"Rule number three and the golden rule: Look into my eyes and dance, the less chitchat the more intense the dance."
|
P4mK6BN.jpg
"Might I interest you in the three rules of tango?"

Junichi saw that horrid Aunt of his already caught two ants half her age or less in the honeypot that was Osu. She was lucky he had a much more important in front of him right now because her daughter would never let her hear the end of it if she found out.

Forgive me, I was briefly distracted there. Where was I? Oh yes. The first rule of Tango is that no matter who your partner is, spouse or stranger, close friend or enemy, it is a wonderfully sacred dance of human passion."

Such a crude woman was somehow the head of his clan. She wasn't wrong but someone of her position should know that one should never speak so in public. It also didn't help him if the woman he danced with questioned his intentions too early. She had to guess those after she became interested. "Please forgive my Aunt who mistakes lust for passion, though you might be able to tell by the fact she brought two partners out for a dance for two. Though she does speak truth as to the general meaning of the second rule. This style of music is played in sets with a break every three or four songs, and it is considered terribly rude to leave partway through, but I would never hold such a thing against you should you not feel well."

"I'm sorry madam, I have let some rude person distract me from our dance. I have but one rule left before I kick things up a notch." He was serious too. So far he and, from what he could tell, Ookami had been taking the steps gradually to get their partners a bit more comfortable with the movements. There was but one thing left to say.

"Rule number three and the golden rule: Look into my eyes and dance, the less chitchat the more intense the dance."
[/col]

Dancing, like anything else within the clan that had anything to do with their hot-bloodedness was something taken very seriously and debated. However they usually agreed on action being more important than words. The dance picked up tremendously for the next few songs. The further in the faster the dancers and the music became, and the boldness of the dance increased. Such was the way of music.​

[col3]
*​
|
*​
|
*​
[/col3]

Meanwhile Osu was hiding under the table still both from the embarrassment from his on startled reaction to the bloodless Hisako sneaking up on him and the pot and the kettle calling each other black out on the dance floor despite the fact people were watching and could hear them. It was a bad idea to come after all, he wasn't allowed to dance because of his leg anyway and he was far too embarrassed to speak to anyone he knew just then. Of course that last bit mattered little to Hisako who had lifted up the table cloth and was crouched down staring at him. "Uh hi there Hisako. Sorry I... that I am..." How did one apologize for getting scared by someone and hiding under a table? "If Kitsune-Sensei sent you to make sure I am not being too hard on my leg I promise that I am mostly going to be sitting tonight and not dancing or anything." He said this despite the fact he had just used it a lot when he dashed off.

"So uhm... What are you planning on doing tonight? Are you planning on dancing some yourself?" He asked as he peeked out and slowly came out from under the table after he felt sure nobody was watching and taking a seat.​

Sukuna Kiyo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S

o2aNwZ6.jpg

Before Oka could get an answer from the prodigy brothers, a young man approached her. He speaked directly to her, who was he? She couldn't even put a word in, before her picked up her hand. She wasn't sure, she followed him, but she looked back at the prodigy brothers with a look of 'I have no clue'. Even with her mask, they could probably tell her look. She was not used to strangers, which was why she planned on sticking to people near her, she was too nervous to even break away from this strange man. She most definitely could not even speak to him.

Just like that, they were on the dance floor, about to do a tango. She knew how to dance, her parents never would allow her not to know a basic tango, but it had been over eight years since she had danced. So as he asked if he could interest her in the three rules of tango, she really didn't speak. She tried, but her words were lost the moment she opened her mouth.

Oka was a bit confused as she looked at the other woman, she wasnt sure what she meant, everything seemed to go by fast. Were they competing against each other? She wasnt sure, she made it seem like he had bad intentions with her. In this situation, all she could do was be quiet, though if one would to notice, her face was burning from the strangers.

Soon she found out this other woman was this man's aunt, she gave him small nods as he spoke. He tried to cover up, or convince her his intentions were not bad. The conversation turned to the serious side, as he spoke about the third rule. She nodded again, a small shy nod, but noticeable. She looked at his eyes, her mask had slits to show her ocean blue eyes.

Oka could easily keep up with the dance, her lessons in it years ago helped her. Unlike her daughter, Oka was skilled at dancing. Even when she was nervous, it came naturally to her. Oka's face still showed how she was feeling though, the blood was still rushing to her head. As long as she didnt have to speak, it would make it easier on her. He stated three or for songs... She had to make it through, then she could dance with Aiko, or her own daughter. She would enjoy dancing with someone she knew.​

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ri almost fell down after Osu fell into him, and after his failed attempt at catching his friends before he could roll away into the crowd. The shinobi was just about to go looking for the boy, before Ookami took him by the arm and dragged him to the dance floor, nearly making him shout Osu's name because of the separation. As they arrived on the dance floor, it seemed to the drunk that everyone not dancing was just staring at him. This made him visibly angry, but just before he could start shouting nonsense at the crowd, he was being dragged through a dance. Not only did he not know how to dance while sober, but he definitely didn't know how to dance drunk. Ri was narrowly avoiding stepping on his partners toes as she started going through the three rules of the tango while arguing with her nephew. The first rule was ignored for the most part, that is, until she mentioned the removal of clothing. That one phrase made him pay as much attention as he could so that he could hear the rest of what he would need to do to remove the woman's clothing.

If Ri were sober right now, he would've already said no to the whole thing. Too many people were staring at him, he was dancing with a woman who he would normally find unattractive or threatening, and he was being forced to dance. None of these things were good on their own, but when they were put together, it was like hell on earth for the teen. Since the alcohol in his system was stopping him from thinking normally, however, the normally unattractive woman was now one of the most beautiful woman he'd ever seen, dancing was actually fun as he began getting the hang of it (but continued stumbling left and right), and the stares from the people in the crowd stopped bothering him. When he was told that he would have to stay with Ookami for another 3-4 songs, it didn't bother him in the least, and when the third rule was stated, it turned out that he had been following it ever since the first rule was explained.

The pair certainly wasn't a graceful one, due to the drunken Ri's inability to take a step without nearly tripping himself, but it was slowly becoming a more enjoyable experience for him. At some point during the song, he even looked at the other person who was going to be forced into a dance and gave him a peace sign as an attempt to mock him, before before being scolded for looking away, and having his hand placed back into the correct position. Not that he would actually see the gesture, but it wasn't like Ri knew the boy was blind. There were also a few times that he tried placing his hand a little lower than it should be, which Ookami also quickly corrected. Basically, the entire dance had Ri thinking that he would actually get to remove the beast of woman's clothes that night, and him trying to get a little further as the dance progressed. Each time that he was denied, he simply thought that his partner was playing hard to get, and would try to make another move soon after.

After a few long minutes of dancing, as the song finally came to an end, Ri continued looking into Ookami's eyes before reaching up and trying to kiss her. He knew that the only way to get anywhere with a woman was to make a move, but he didn't know that this woman probably showed no actual interest in him, and was just trying to get a few dances in so she wouldn't be bored. The only reason that he was able to avoid puking through all of the spinning during the dance, was because the only place he was looking was his partner's face, but his escaping such an embarrassing thing didn't even cross his mind at the moment, since he was only focused on trying to steal a kiss.

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
avi2_zps8fa2b2d6.png
akua11.png
[Tsubaki Kazuma and Tsubaki Matsuka]​

Kazuma was maskless, tripped over and showered with cherry tomatoes with fresh basil. Today could not get much worst and then he felt a hand lightly touches his face. From how the hand was held it seems to be offering him some aid in getting up of the floor. Considering the fact they held the hand so close he could only assume it was someone he knew; someone that knows of his condition and he was right. “My near brother, your first day back and you are already making a scene.” Matsuka, Kazuma’s elder sister and current head of the Tsubaki clan, helps Kazuma up and intercepted the woman from taking him. Matsuka brushes the food off Kazuma’s clothes and thrusts something into the palm of his hand. “Sorry about stepping on your mask. Luckily I had this with me.” The thing she gave him was his blindfold. It was not a mask appropriate for the event, but it will have to do.

Soon after putting on his blindfold Matsuka pulls him to the dance floor. Kazuma being blind was unsure where he was heading to in such a rush until his elder sister pulls him close to dance. Of course Matsuka took the lead for a multiple reasons. Kazuma at first stumbles a little not ready for what was going on but quickly recovers himself. Soon they were gracefully dancing with the others. “This is highly irregular,” Kazuma complains. The blind swordsmen listen to the talk of the other people dance. They had an interesting view on tango and was so glad he was not paired with them. Kazuma was starting to thinks he might have been saved by his older sister.

[I'll keep those pictures up for each post so people would remember I'm in this topic as npc only.]

Sashine

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Her head cocked to the left then to the right as the peculiar woman spoke. What went on in her mind, Sashine wasn't sure. It was hard to understand the mind of a shinobi because so many weird things could happen to them that could drastically change what a normal human would go through, making reading them more complex. She wasn't sure whether the death of the woman's classmates was a joke either. Her tone was hard to diffuse. Either way, There was a sense of pride from having blood on your hands and Sashine could understand why. The most respected people had to be the strongest to uphold the village. You needed strength to save what you loved. Others were just strong because they were born into their strength, she thought as she caught sight of who surely had to be the Chigokai head. That sort of strength was something to be respected as well since it held much pride to uphold generations of humans within that clan. She made a note of the fabric options for the future though in her opinion, wearing something like this to battle wasn't a good option, it called too much attention. Maybe someday when she could afford the attention. Sashine tried to listen in on the conversation between the women but was just disinterested. She didn't know what or who they were talking about and it just seemed like the red head was just playing around with the weird one to get some reactions out of her.

Finally! Her question was answered and the red one gave such a logical answer that it almost seemed like she had no interest to socialize at all so Sashine stopped paying attention to her, plotting her escape from these people."I am on a quest!", she declared, one hand dramatically lifted in the air. "On this night, I shall gain this power and knowledge which you speak of and any who oppose shall see their last day on Earth.", she turned from the women and fluttered away as she waltzed with the music to a table that had some drinks.

This was the most vacant table and even then, there was a purple dressed lady and a purple haired girl that was just chilling under the table. She grabbed the glass which seemed the most alcoholic and sipped it down, making a sour face. It was bitter and kind of tasted like grape soda that had gone bad, really bad. "Bleh, who drinks this junk? I could make better drinks with my feet.", she announced to herself. She picked up another glass, ready to ignore the bad taste and let her secret power ripen.

-------------------
WC:449

Nara Raian

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shin briefly strolled around the hall, the trainee eyes darting from guest to guest as he attempted to pick up those who were familiar to him. This had been only the second time Shin had entered the Torre Celeste, causing him to pause as he truly took in the sight. The music seemed to allure some to the center, while other hanged off to the side, their muscles tense as they seemed ready to take a partner at a moments chance. Then there were those we seemed form their small cliques, their conversation drowned out by the movements of feet and the occasional antics of a few drunk patrons. During this assessment, Shin had managed to find a few familiar faces, though he did not approach them, he hadn't truly come to the ball for the festivities. Continuing his route around the room, he cast a small glance at the woman posted against the wall. She was across the room from his location, but he found it odd that a request had been sent out to get an eye on her. Sure there was a bit of danger to have such events like these, there possible of a threat however was dismissed by the fact that most the Kumogakure hierarchy would be participating; most of which were OMA[one man armies] on their own. That and it seemed there were to be a very other ANBU as well keeping incognito during this event, some with similar orders like his and others just there to blend in with the people.
3TZzk3.jpg
_rwby__grimm_mask_concept_1_by_indecisivefigure-d8whlyl.png
Shin's outfit and mask for the evening.

Fixing his tie once again as he turn his eyes away, he found himself nearing the banquet table, stopping as he looked at the assortments of drinks and food that filled the table. While he would be patrolling that hall, it made since to at least enjoy some of this food while keeping in character. A few people seemed also to crowd around the table, allowing him to give brief conversation as he began to pick off a few items as well as some juice. He was to stay alert tonight and as long as keeping up with the role of the friendly patron didn't attract anyone, his patrol would resume unnoticed.

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Spurred on by tales of Mother’s booze-filled adventures, the girl in metal embarks on a sudden quest. I understand absolutely: questing is a critical rite of passage for a journeyman adventurer looking to make her mark on the world, and the pursuit of good booze is far nobler than trying to kill hard-working kobolds guarding a castle just so you can rape some sleeping prince who can’t give consent. I hope, little metalhead, that you have an excellent adventure and not a bogus journey. I only regret that I never learned your name.

But now that leaves me with the problem of Tomo. Much as I loathe taking advice from an arch-lich, I have to admit the Busty Baroness is right about the need to act. Stupid Kitsune! I bet she’s probably installed some sort of pheromone sprayer in her protégé’s armpits, too. If I don’t act now, the girl will definitely take Tomo home. I can’t blame him for wanting to sow his wild oats, but I’m also possessive and prone to jealousy, like any maladjusted dweeb. I ponder how to approach this. I still don’t want to be seen as clingy. I need plausible deniability.

My fingers brush the edge of my mask when I correct a stray lock of hair and I start to smile. Ah, I had forgotten for a moment that we were at a masked ball. I stand from my seat.

“Thanks, Auntie, I think I know what to do now,” I tell Kitsune.

Tomo’s winding down his dance with the redhead, so I have some time to get into position. There are still several problems, however. The hall is packed with people ranging from happy couples to creepy jerks. If I just dive blindly into the crowd, my adrenaline level’s going to spike and I’ll end up jettisoning spaghetti all over the floor. If I take too circuitous of a route, I’ll lose track of Tomo. So I’ve got to navigate through the mess of people in a way that builds up my morale. If I run into someone I like, my morale will go up, and if I run into someone I dislike, then it’ll go down.

I draw in a breath and step into the swirling mass.

At first, it’s overwhelming. I’m buffeted on all sides by people dancing, socializing, and occasionally trying to pat my ass. Perhaps this wasn’t a good idea after all. The spaghetti-meter’s inching up to critical and I can’t seem to stem the pressure. I’m about to beat a hasty retreat, when all of a sudden, I catch sight of her.

Kahako stands like a beacon in a squall. She’s everything right in the world. Better than cool water, better than honey nectar, better than cold ice against a feverish brow. Better than light, better than truth, better than the way. Her with a babe at her bosom would move men’s hearts more gravely than a thousand corpses strewn at Shinbatsu’s feet. In less melodramatic terms, I really hope Senpai notices me.

Unfortunately, she’s also got none other than Ayumu alongside her. The swine! The waifucidal maniac! He’s the only thing preventing me from going up to Kahako, gently taking her hand, and leading her out of this congested fete so we can have a little girl time together. I can’t just attack him, because that would be hella gauche. Frustrated at this turn of events, I can only draw momentary strength from seeing Kahako, and I press on.

A crashing sound nearby alerts me to Osuteno plowing into a passing waiter and causing an explosion of delicious shrapnel. Fortunately, I’m used to these sort of Quick-Time Events, and my mental button-mashing allows me to pirouette out of the way of a lethal barrage of cherry tomatoes. On instinct, I flick my head back and a spinning disc of smoked mozzarella sails a millimeter above the tip of my nose. It shears a strand or two off my bangs, but I’m unhurt.

Nearby, I spy out the Chigokai matriarch. Ookami’s got smug satisfaction writ large on her face. She’s obviously the one who planned out this attack, hoping to bait me with her delectable trap. Joke’s on you, bitch! I know exactly what Osu hides under his skirt. In fact, I’ve seen and touched it! But I still shouldn’t tarry here for long. Much as I want to see if my favorite shota-loli’s okay, it’s dangerous here. I change course and head to more neutral waters.

A beat later, I almost manage to run headlong into Chiquita. However, she’s busy talking with a handsome guy, and I don’t want to interrupt her conquest for the evening. Besides, whenever I try to rope her into shenanigans, it always devolves into an international clusterfuck involving the highest levels of government. The last thing I want to do is hook up with Tomo, only to find out that I’ve been brainwashed into assassinating the Prime Minister of Malaysia.

Before my spaghetti-meter crests into the danger zone, I see something that startles me so much it resets my counter.

Shinbatsu, Saito, and Shin, it’s her. Shima Haruka, the Fallen Throne of Cloud. A heroine to some, a traitor to others, and to me, a friend. I wouldn’t have minded if she’d been lovers with my father, or at least not as much as I mind that quality about Kitsune. I’d call Haruka “Auntie” any day of the week, but that’s perhaps a secret I’ll take to my grave. I’m relieved to see that she’s not only alive, but also allowed to crash the Torre Celeste’s masquerade ball after martyring Saint Hayata. Then again, he wouldn’t be a saint if he weren’t dead, so perhaps she did him a favor by expediting his canonization.

Despite all of my relief, however, I’m also angry at her. Angry for disappearing after we’d put so much faith in her. Angry that I had to deal with hanging chads and Teabaggers for her sake. Angry that she couldn’t just be content with life on the lam, but had to come back and make us all watch her execution on pay per view. Some of us care about you, Haruka. Some of us also hurt when you fuck yourself over.

I sidle over as surreptitiously as I can in my stupid ballgown and bump my rear into hers. I don’t know if our conversation is being monitored or not, though it probably is. I’m pretty sure I’m on several watch-lists, anyway. “Have you assembled your defense team yet?” I whisper. “Because I want in. I may be inept with everything else but I know how to properly chastise proud men like Saito. For example, I dealt with Natsu recently. Oh Haru-haru, I wish you’d warned me about him. I fell in love with him so stupidly. I couldn’t help it. How could you say no to a man who makes you come so hard you break the blood vessels in your eyeballs? But then he showed his true colors as a swine and I had to give him what for. Okay, now I’ve got to find Tomo before he hooks up with mini-Kitsune. It’s a long story. Ta-ta.”

There, keep it short and sweet, Saeko. Only give up the vaguest of hints. Don’t let the bastards win. Anyway, Haruka appears to be safe for now. I’ve been granted a second wind, and I need to accomplish my primary mission. I break away from her and finally zero in on Tomo.

He’s just about concluded his waltz with mini-Kitsune. And for fuck’s sake, she’s looking dreamily into his eyes! Don’t stare back, Tomo! It’s a trap, you dumbass! She’ll turn your manhood to stone! It’s time to initiate the plan.

“Ahem, Mochizuki-san,” I say. “I hear you’re the one giving out dance lessons. Do you mind if I take the next slot?”

Shinrya Kitsune

11th Raikage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Kitsune shook her head as Saeko dashed off. Ah, to be young and in a hurry all the time. she mused with a smirk as she turned to see Kahako enter the room. Just the person I wanted to show up. Wonder how she’s feeling, whatwith this being her first public appearance as the new sennin. Kitsune chuckled and followed Saeko over to Tomo ”Not just yet Saeko-chan.” Kitsune said with a grin and grabbed both her and Akanes arms, and motioned for Tomo to follow as well. ”Come on you three. We’ve got someone to say hi to.” she said, not taking no for an answer as she dragged them both over to Kahako. The fact that Ayumu was there meant absolutely nothing to Kitsune, and she merely nodded to him while greeting Kahako enthusiastically. ”Kahako-chan~ I’m glad you made it. Though you could’ve joined me earlier, I could’ve used a right hand in overseeing the delivery of our goods.” she said and grinned. ”Oh right, guess who I brought?” she added and gestured to Tomo and Saeko.

Hisako looked at Osu under the table ”That reaction cannot be healthy for your injured leg, Osuteno-kun.” she stated, and assisted him in getting up from under the table and onto a chair. ”Do not worry. I will not inform Kitsune-sama that you have been using your leg contrary to doctors orders.” she continued. Perhaps Osuteno would notice that Hisako had stopped referring to Kitsune as “Creator” and instead as “Kitsune-sama”. This was despite Kitsunes best attempts to get Hisako to just call her Kitsune. Unfortunately, it seemed as if Hisako was a stickler for protocol, and as such kept referring to the woman that gave her body and soul (so to speak) with an honorific. ”I intend to study the dancing of others at this ball, and perhaps attempt it myself. If enough data can be gathered and processed, that is.” she said, practically emotionlessly, but without a hint of robotics in her voice. She had finally gotten to the point where her voice was sounding human. Now it just needed emotions. ”What about yourself, Osuteno-kun? Do you have any plans for the evening, or will you be sitting at a table and watching?” she asked him, as she sat down next to him and adjusted her headband.

[col3]
MiyakoDress.jpg
|
MiyakoHair.jpg
|
MiyakoMask.jpg
[/col3]

At the end of one song, the ballrooms huge double doors are flung wide open, and in strode a young woman, with as much confidence as any of the nobles present, maybe even more so, her white and gold dress stood in stark contrast to the multi-colored dresses of the other women present. Her raven-black hair was set up with a silver hairband, and it flowed down to her upper back in lovely curls. Meanwhile her mask was mostly white gold, with gold trim, and inlaid with precious gemstones. The entrance, combined with her combined ensemble would turn every head in the ballroom, and the young beauty would make her way over to a busty redhead, two young women, and two men. ”Greetings mother” she would say with a slight grin to Kitsune, thus revealing her identity to Kitsune and Saeko. Akane, Kahako, Tomo and Ayumu however, would most likely be quite puzzled, as Kitsune had never mentioned having an actual daughter to any of them. Of course, mentioning it to Tomo or Ayumu would be unlikely as all heck, but at the very least she might have told Kahako, but no. Not this particular daughter.

Tsuyoshi Junko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The Tsuyoshi Gentlemen said:

Rp said:
Listening to Oka, The brothers smiled. She had truly changed from the quiet mother she once was towards them. Viewing her daughters intense training days with Junko, she often worried as her sweet daughter traveled down the path of the ninja. As time passed though, a sense of trust and understanding was formed, creating a new bond. A bond that made her more of family rather than a stranger with the task of taking care of Rose.
"Family time is important. Can't slack on that. Cherish those moments." Junko said with a nod. Of course, she'd know where he was coming from. He was an individual practically raised alone with his brother. Family was limited to him, so he cherished his new family more than anything.

"Hopefully the boys wont cause too much of a mess..."

Exhaling, Junko shook his head. His kids could be a handful, especially when tempered. Rintaro had a quick temper and was quick to protect Yutaro. Yutaro was more gentle, but became hard when it came to a protecting Rintaro. Both were showing small signs of demonic attributes. Causing chaos as they ran through the house naked, fighting the event of a bath or being fed vegetables. "I hope they don't either." Junko said with a sigh as he shook his head. Just the thought of them acting out made him want a cig. If they did, he'd defined need it.

"Oh yeah, where did Yoshi run off too?"

Looking around, Aiko spotted Yoshi with ease. His hidden Sharingan focused as Yoshi twisted and turned with a rather big girl. Catching the image of the two as well, Junko rose a brow. "I guess he likes them big! I think..." Junko thought chuckling a bit as he was about to point out Yoshi for Oka.

"Junko and Aiko too, I see. I didn't know you two enjoyed fancy parties like this. But then again, I suppose we met at one didn't we, Junko? How are you guys?"

Looking to the side, the Tsuyoshi brothers was surprised in excitement. The couple before them was lovely, dressed to impress with each step through the ball room. The main branch sennin along with the newly appointed medical sennin was standing before the trio. "Heeeyy! Ayumu-San and Kahako-San!" Junko said with a smile as he reached out for a handshake.

"Hello! The beautiful sennin couple. Congratulations Kahako-San, the branch is in good hands." Aiko said attempting to give Kahako a hug before switching off with Junko to give Ayumu a handshake as he would give Kahako a hug.

"Indeed, congrats Kahako-san! And meet the lovely..." Junko said with a pause as a space was now empty where Oka once stood. He stood there with his hand gestured out to no one. "Tsukino Oka, who's being carried off for a lovely dance." Junko said chuckling as he shook his head. "That's actually the mother of my pupil, Shinrya Akane. I believe I seen her get pulled on to the dancing floor as well."

Looking at Oka and Akane, Aiko smirked. It was a possibility that they were nervous and quiet. Those two weren't the best with strangers, but apparently they were holding their own as they looked quite coordinated on the dance floor.

"How have you two and the family been? And may I say, you two look gorgeous." Aiko asked with a smile.

"I agree." Junko said with a nod and smile to the duo.

Suzuki Setsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Music, lights, dancing. The only things that could possibly make tonight any better was Shiri-tan, and maybe Princess Neko-mimi. But Tama wouldn't admit to the second one, at least not publicly. The young woman was still coming to terms with the fact that she had to share Shiranai with another woman and that Shiranai had to share Ekaterina with her as well.

Unfortunately both were currently unavailable. Pomp and circumstance kept the royal pair away from the village doing important, ruler of the land things. Maybe they'd show, maybe they wouldn't. Tama had already made peace with the fact that she may not be dancing with the stars of her life, but she wasn't going to let that ruin her evening. After all this was a costume party, and she loved costumes as well as parties. At least that's what Kiki and Koko said to her a few days prior.

The outfit she had chosen for the night consisted of pointed boots that curled up near the toe, a tattered sleeveless tunic and cape, and tattered leggings that may as well have been shorts. Her mask was heart shaped, with two big yellow eyes painted on it, amidst an almost tribal-looking pattern of red, black, blue, and purple. Spikes jutted out from the edges of the mask, giving it a very menacing appearance. All in all, Tama thought it was an excellent costume, sure to wow people and garner attention.
hyrule-s-11_zpsij4e3vzg.jpg

When she dropped into the ballroom from the ceiling and saw everyone dressed to the nines, her first reaction was, "What a boring costume party, everyone's dressed exactly the same! I know Niru Patoriku Harisu is popular but everyone decided to suit up? Sheesh, have some originality people!" After a moment's reflection, Tama got the idea, that somewhere, her twin siblings were having a quiet laughing fit after a successful prank. Hah, very funny you two, Tama thought to herself, You guys are lucky Shiri-tan isn't here right now, or I would have torn you both a new one.

Ignoring the combined commotion and hubbub from not only her entrance and attire, but also the arrival of some new debutante for the evening, Tama scanned for and found her twin. If she was dressed embarrassingly, she might as well bug Tomo with it. She made a beeline for him and tugged on his arm, "Tomo! I'm here! You promised me a dance!!" But her twin's attention was elsewhere. Following his gaze, she finally noticed the newcomer who had cause quite a stir, to which she reacted thusly, "Ack! The Kicchan's are multiplying!! Tomo! Let's go dance quickly before one of those smiling heavenly bodies crashes onto the dance floor and end life as we know it!!" Tomo tried to refute her reasoning with logic, but Tama would have none of that, "Just shut up and dance!" With that the hyper-active Mochizuki dragged Tomo off to dance to the next tune. It looked like Saeko would have to be more aggressive to grab Tomo for herself.

[MFT]

Tanuki Rinko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[Akane |Saeko | Kitsune | Kahako |Ayumu]

Tomo couldn't help but blush at the intense gaze of the redhead he danced with. Her eyes didn't hold the same infatuation that he'd seen in his fans, but she seemed invested in his eyes for some reason. What was she thinking? Tomo never found the answer as the waltz came to an end, and the tango cued up. Tomo released his hold on Akane as she thanked him. "It was my pleasure. You are now a dancing queen, so there is no excuse to be a wallflower. If you require another dance lesson, please do not hesitate to return. And remember, if you are ever in need of entertainment, look no further than the sky." He pointed up to his dancing troupe above. "The Mochizuki Troupe is filled with star performers." It was a corny line, but Tama had insisted he use it since his family was up in the rafters, including Tama. Tomo gave a bow and replaced the inner covering of his mask. "Till next time Lady Shinrya."

As soon as he said this, a voice came from beside him. It was Saeko, he had no doubt. Turning to face her, Tomo smiled. Was she trying to be coy? Roleplay? Their relationship was still in the air, and he wasn't quite sure how to react. For better or worse, he didn't have to, as the obvious Kitsune slipped a hand through his arm, claiming there was someone he had to meet first. He cocked an eyebrow questioningly, but wasn't going to resist.

He was brought before a mini group, including Kahako and Ayumu, only knowing this for sure as Kitsune had called the brunette woman by name. Tomo's stomach lurched slightly. He had never seen Kahako dressed in such a fashion, and his old feelings bubbled up. It was hard to forget your first crush, and even harder when she never really knew your feelings. Add on that it was his ultimate boss that was there with her tonight, and he couldn't have felt worse. The tango was nearing its conclusion, and all Tomo could think was wanting to escape into the crowd.

[Everyone]

Meanwhile, as the tango was finishing up, two figures descended from the rafters on ninwire. They each took a side of the conductor and whispered in his ear in unison. The conductor was rather confused and shook his head, but the mysterious rafter dancers would not take no for an answer. The next song was decided.​

[Sashine | Osuteno | Hisako]

Kirei Zoro, along with his faithful shih tzu companion FuwaFuwa-sama, roamed the dance floor. He was dressed in his regular clothes, which were considered overly dressed in any situation other than this one. He seemed to be searching for someone, or something, but couldn't find it. "Man. I thought Osu was supposed to be here, but I've looked everywhere and can't find him." *bark* "Hey. He's my super best friend. There's no way I wouldn't be able to find him." *woof* "What do you mean we've passed him three times? No way. I would have seen him. *bow?* "Noooooo. I don't need a clue. Ugh. Whatever, maybe I should dance I guess." *bar* FuwaFuwa-sama pointed towards two small figures and a taller one near the drinks table. "Over there? Huh, okay, yeah. They look about the right height."

Zoro walked over to them and pulled out a note card from his pocket. He read it choppily. "Good evening lady. It would bring me great honor to dance with you this fine evening. What say you? Paw print." Zoro looked down at FuwaFuwa-sama. "Why did you put a paw print?" *woof* "A seal? But I'm the only one reading it. And you used evening twice, now you made me look lame and lacking in vocabulary." *bark* "I can spell it! A-anyway, what are we supposed to do? There is more than one lady." *woof* "Oh...don't know how that's going to work, but okay." Zoro returned his attention to what he assumed were three ladies. "Good evening ladies. It would bring me" *bar* "...us...great honor to dance with all of you this fine..." *woof* "Night? What say you?" Zoro didn't wait for a response, but instead walked out onto the dance floor, assuming he would be followed by those who wanted to dance. He had a high chance of nabbing Sashine, as her inhibitions were probably lacking by now. Osuteno and Hisako, however, might be less likely to take the dance floor with him.

[Shin]

Lonely Shin stood near the food table, trying to be antisocial like all the little ANBU like to be. However, there were two lads that weren't going to let that happened. Falling down from the rafters, teen boys with light red hair struck a pose.
Masked%20Saka%20Icon_zpsi15aknut.jpg
Masked%20Soko%20Icon_zpstge2vcyk.jpg

"Mochizuki Saka and Soko burst with emotion!"
"That entrance never gets old." The boys gave Shin a smile, and motioned to themselves. "What do you think? Pretty knightly, huh? You would not believe how hard it is to dance in these while in the rafters." They each slipped a hand through Shin's arms and dragged him towards the dance floor. "Come on! Come on! Our song is next!"

[Saeko | Kitsune | Kahako |Ayumu]

The tango officially ended, and there was a pause as the conductor shuffled through his musical sheets. At this time the doors were flung open, though Tomo was at first too focused on trying not to puke to notice. However, the person who had been at the door approached their mini group, which took Tomo's gaze away from Kahako. It was a beautiful young woman with black hair, emphasized by the white and gold theme of her attire. The first words out of her mouth were in greetings to Kitsune, whom she called mother. That fact didn't quite register at first, soon his eyes widened, hidden by his mask. How old was Kitsune? He'd heard rumors of her being ageless, but he just thought people were joking.

Before the introductions could be made, a tug at his arm drew his attention to a rather unsettling figure that looked like a demonic scarecrow. The voice that spoke from behind the mask belonged to Mochizuki Tama. He'd know it anyway, despite the slight muffling it had behind her ridiculous mask. At first she simply wanted a dance, but then Tama went on to say something about too many Kicchans and that they needed to dance to prevent the end of the world. "How would that even..." Tomo was interrupted as Tama hauled him to the dance floor. "Shut up and dance!" It was at this time that the conductor spoke.

[Everyone]

The conductor cleared his throat as he addressed everyone in the room. "This was requested to commemorate our new Medical Sennin, Shinrya Kahako. I hear this is her favorite song. We shall now perform for you...Dance of the Lightning Bird."

Sukuna Kiyo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S

QLzvUAn.png

Akane smiled at the Michizuki, she didnt consider herself a dancing queen, but she felt a little more confident in her dancing. She knew where to go if she wanted a dancing lesson, but all she really knew was he was a Mochizuki. She'd find out later what his first name was. As he pointed up, she glanced upwards, seeing the dancing troupe above. His next comment only made her giggle a little though. It was silly to her, and odd. "Alright, thank you again Michizuki." She stated, as he was saying his goodbye.

Another woman had approached and asked for a dance with him, Akane began to walk away, but then her arm was grabbed. She didnt hear Kitsune, and so she squeaked slightly. Someone to say hi too? Akane relaxed once she knew it was only kitsune. She still had questioning feelings towards her. But she didnt want to be hateful today, so she just rolled with it. She couldnt explain the feeling, it was a sad feeling towards her, and she would just have to ignore it for now.

Akane walked with Kitsune, wrapping her arm around hers, so it'd be more comfortable than being dragged. They approached two others, Akane's ears only clung onto the name Kahako. She remember Junko telling her about her, it was when he told her about kitsune as well. She remember Junko saying Kahako wanted to meet her, she had nothing against that. "Hello Kahako-San, I am Akane." She explained to her with a smile.

Moments later, a beautiful black haired girl walked up, Akane couldnt help but to stare at her. Her dress looked like a wedding dress, but she was over all beautiful. For the first time Akane kinda felt self conscious, she had never seen any other girl that took her breath away. Was it her black hair? Her skin? maybe it was the dress. Akane found it puzzling, not only that she called Kitsune her mother. She didnt know she had any children, this girl looked around her own age too. She already knew Kitsune was old, but was she even old enough to have kids around twenty years ago? How did Akane not hear of it? Glancing away for a moment, she say others were just as puzzled. How did she keep it a secret?

Either way, Akane went back to staring at the raven hair'd girl. She didn't have the proud red hair, Kitsune was so proud of. But she did have the presence of a noble, which was expected of a real Shinyra. SHe gave her a small wave, before Akane glanced around, she felt small compared to these others, it was making her uncomfortable. Though in her head, she didnt understand why she even cared, normally she wouldnt care about looks, and positions. But She felt a change in her that was starting to care. It was something she believed was a nuisance. She secretly hoped Yoshi would come and take her for a dance, when she danced, she could clear her head easier.

[Edited in]
As Akane glanced around, she spotted Yoshi, dancing with some other girl. Another new feeling arose in her, it made her a bit mad. She turned her gaze away, and almost made hmph sound. She held it in, due to the company around her. The song that started playing was odd, though she was too distracted to pay attention to it. Akane put on a fake smile for those around her, something she was skilled at. and hardly failed at. She did not like these new feelings, but all she could do was ignore them to the best she could. After all, a ninja never allowed their feelings to overcome them, she wished she could say that she has never allowed that, but she remembers many times she has allowed herself to fall for her emotions.​

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He was late, and he knew he would be. The outfit he wore fit him like a glove, and he didn't like that. He was more used to looser clothing, clothing he could run in, fight in, kill in. This, and even for the most part his Raikage garb, they felt foreign. Put him at unease and didn't let him be what he wanted to be.

Still he appeared at the entrance.

Funnily enough he didn't even think about the mask on his face, he was used to those. Though this one he'd picked as an attempt to display all three of the clans. An attempt to placate each clan. The red for the Chigokai, the detailing for the Kagetsu, and when it caught the light flashes akin to those of lightning would be seen. In the eyes one would be black, his lost eye covered by an eye patch beneath, the other would be his white/grayish Hyuuga eye.
il_fullxfull.503593171_gku5.jpg

latest

It was elaborate, more so than he'd have liked, but he was the Raikage, and with his physical presence being such that he couldn't hide it without a jutsu he needed to be diplomatic, not showing favour.

Moving to an internal balcony he watched the people of Cloud, he watched the Mochizuki tribe perform their acrobatics to the amusement of all. There were those who were close, who had a connection, those who were shy and kept their distance from all and yet their eyes would betray their interest in someone. There were those who danced, those who watched and those who talked with friends.

It was this that he wanted Cloud to be, a single organism. All happy to exist within it, with their own small dramas which drew one another ever closer.

He watched as Kitsune took a younger version of herself across the floor towards another, he thought it might be Kahako, but couldn't be sure. His eyes rolled away from them as an announcement was made for the new song requested to commemorate Kahako.

Standing there silently he listened.

Kazu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
BGM: Macabre Waltz: Night of the Living Dead

As Kotsuko's eyes swept across the grand gala, he wondered just whom he knew here. He wondered if he might spy the new Medical Sennin here, as he'd yet to have a chance to introduce himself to her. As he heard, she was related to the previous Sennin. Was that how she got her position? Either way, he needed to make sure she knew who he was, and that he was a friendly medical shinobi—with only a slight penchant for the forbidden and morbid arts—who was just looking to learn as much as he could from the ever knowledgeable Medical Branch. It was imperative that she knew this about himself. He kept his ears and eyes open, searching for her and any other figures whom he could persuade of his altruistic nature.

As he smoothly navigated his way across the dance floor, however, a figure approached him. He'd been so busy focusing on the figures he wanted to find, he hadn't considered the possibility of someone else looking for him. How refreshing. The young man blinked once or twice, as his eyes looked this lovely figure up and down. She certainly was far bolder in her dress, opting for a much more revealing dress in regards to her slender and well toned legs. A kunoichi indeed, but a fair and lovely one at that. It wasn't often that Kotsuko showed his interest in women, but how could he not on this day? There was a game to be played here, and he would not miss out on his chance to play. "Of course. Why would I miss an opportunity to vex and puzzle the fair and curious women of the night?" As he spoke, a waiter walked by the two of them with a tray of two glasses of champagne. Without skipping a beat, Kotsuko seamlessly snatched the two glasses off of the tray before the man had the chance to escape his arm reach. With the grace and poise of a true gentleman, Kotsuko graciously offered one of the two glasses to his conversational partner. "Though I must say, you are setting quite the high standard of beauty for the rest of the women here." Assuming the woman took the glass, Kotsuko would slid the mask slightly off of his face—revealing just a smidgen of his snow white hair—so that he could take a sip of his drink, the bubbly and sweet-tasting drink tingled his taste buds. It was a fine nectar, perfect for an occasion like tonight.

As the two of them stood there, beginning their conversation for the night, Kotsuko couldn't shake the feeling that something about her was familiar. He'd met a lot of people in his life, so it wasn't impossible that he knew her from somewhere, but something told him that he knew her as more than just a passing acquaintance. As he looked closer at her, he realized there was something odd: her left eye seemed to be covered in a black cloth. Her other eye, however, was a brilliant shade of green. For some reason, he felt like this should mean something to him. Unfortunately for Kotsuko's psyche, he couldn't figure out why exactly this was important right now. It bothered him still, but he was drawing a blank. He decided to instead focus on something else, doing what he could to keep the conversation going strong. "I suppose now would be the time where I would, normally, ask for your name. However, on this night, I feel that would be in bad taste. Instead, let me ask this: would you care to waltz?" At this time, the young man would extend out his hand for the young woman to take, his hands clean and unwavering. He was a confident man, and it showed in his body language. "I do very much love this song, and would hate to have to dance alone."

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Her partner certainly knew how to play the part of suave, his words were smooth and mysterious as his visage, and she simply couldn't ignore the opportunity of finding out who the young man was. "If our positions were reversed I can't help but think I would do the same, so many fair women here with titles to match, I count myself among them." She did not count herself among the other women that attended the gala, but in the interest of playing their little game she was more than willing to tell a few white lies. Her fingers clasped around the glass the young man had offered making sure that her fingers lingered upon his for just a second longer than needed as her quaint smile returned dimpling her cheeks ever so slightly, his compliment was largely lost on her though she would not allow herself to show it on her face as the smile remained steadfast as she spoke, "Flatterer! I'm afraid honeyed words won't be working on me, though it is certainly appreciated." raising her glass slightly the young woman admired the serendipitous bubbles floating to the top of her drink, it appeared to be Demi-Sec and while she preferred her Champagne of the Brut variety Chiyoko had never been one to turn down a drink. Without cheers or any sort of formality the young woman tipped the glass back between her lips leaving a small mark of gold from where her lips had just pressed against the glass, all the while making sure to stay focused upon her partner as he sipped back his own glass, noticing the snow like color of his hair, something about the color seemed so familiar.

The feeling that she knew the man rested in her stomach, though she did not know from where, it seemed safe to assume they were around the same age, and it seemed obvious that he was a Shinobi, but she still could not piece together who her suave partner was. Conversation soon returned to the two as he asked his conversational partner to waltz, a dance which had been burned into her muscle memory years prior, though she hadn't danced since learning the promenade. "It would be a little droll to give names, let's waltz. I'm sure I'll have figured out who you are before the music ends, mystery man." Giving her hand to the man there was an immediate reminder that she was a Kunoichi as the diagonal scar upon the palm of her right hand jutted outward slightly, her hands petite and soft despite gripping a blade through most her work. They were dry and ever so slightly warm to the touch, her nails manicured and unpainted though they did hold a certain glint about them. "Lead on sir, I'd love to see if you're able to dance as well as you speak." She highly doubted that, he had shown to have quite a way with words after all.

[MFT]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back