Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

[Event] The New Year's Beast from the Holy Mount

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The next few moments were blurry to say the least, but Shisou did his best to stay conscious, even though the feeling of drunkenness stole over him. Quickly moving paces tended to do that to Shisou. However, Shisou did hear the scream, and Shisou did see Keiji run, followed by just about everyone. Then, Shisou definitely felt the warm hand press against his and drag him towards the rest of the crowd. It was Kahako, Shisou knew that, but he did not know why she was dragging him, or why the hand felt so good being in his hand. Just then, Shisou took it upon himself to finally see the kimono that Kahako had donned for the outing tonight; in that moment, Shisou felt his cheeks blush, and suddenly everywhere else in the world was more interesting than the girl standing in front of him. Due to this, Kahako let go and went stumbling into the room without Shisou being able to stop it. Hopefully she wasn't hurt.

"Are you all right Kahako?" The concern was evident in Shisou's voice as he stood near the doorway and looked at her. Seeing that she was fine, though, Shisou turned his attention to the reason all the Academy Student's had come to the room: the screaming people. "Is everyone all right in there?" Shisou took a tentative step into the room, next to Kahako. He instinctively took a step in front of her, his body positioned as a pseudo-shield if any body should come hurtling towards the pair.

Santaru Rin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Keiji darted to the right in response to the screams, drawn by the lure of adventure. The door came open easily in his hand. Soft touches ghosted over his forearms and face--cobwebs! Hikari had hauled Kahako off after the boy, and Kahako grabbed Shisou, and they all pressed in around Keiji to peek into the room without crossing the forbidding threshold. A cascade of tiny black spiders fell around the trio, crawling everywhere, tiny feet all over their bare skin and in their hair. The little bugs crunched beneath Kaoru's feet as she brought up the rear.

Soft blue candlelight illuminated the flex space. A trio of young girls in the room were covered in white dust and cobwebbing and peppered in tiny spiders. The walls quivered and heaved with millions, maybe even trillions of the things! But before the screaming could continue for much larger, the minute assailants vanished, leaving everyone in a dark and dirty room filled with furnishings covered in black (or rather, gray with dust) sheets.

"Oh my god!" said one, flushed.

"So gross!"

"I hate spiders!" The third ruffled through her hair aggressively, then squeaked when she plucked out another spider.

A chuckle came from the far corner of the room...

...But was interrupted by a heavy whump from next door, and a choked scream.

Keiji

The Unfortunate Overlord
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
"Ptjee! Puu! Yack!" Mumbles and grunts was heard from Keiji as his head met with the cobwebs.

Kahako dropping in the room after he had opened the door, came a bit surprising, it was at that moment he realized the others had actually decided to follow him, the previous shout from Hikari didn't go through to him.

As the spiders dropped on his head he lost his breath for a second, until he realized it was actually spiders. As their numbers kept increasing he picked one out and examined it for a second. Heh, these guys..</COLOR><i></i> Keiji knew these types of spiders, he had numerous of them at his own house, since very little cleaning was ever done, spiders was a casual thing there.

The lights of the room seemed calming, and the girls standing in the middle of the room, didn't seem to take their present predicament by any means well. The dusty room with the dusty furniture merely reminded him of his own home. Keiji sighed loudly, and looked around himself at his party to see if they were alright, he expected the girls at least, would have an awful reaction to the apparent spiders that had been present until a second or so ago.

Keiji took it cool, and remained completely relaxed.
Sigh, we should just go back and go upstairs, maybe it's more fu-<i></i> His thoughts came to a halt as a heavy sound and a choked scream came from the room next to this one. His eyes quickly examined the hallway, no one was standing outside of the room, and he don't remember seeing anyone in front him as he ran to this room. Odd, but definitely worth checking out!<i></i>
He stepped to the middle of the hall away from the room, and looked at the door, <COLOR color="Darkgreen">"I'm gonna check that out!" He proclaimed as he began to walk casually towards the door leading into the next room.

Kaoru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Oh my God, there are so many spiders in here!" Kaoru said as she swiped the tiny creatures of her head. After cleaning all of the cobwebs and spiders from her face, Kaoru saw the girls who had caused the scream. They appeared fine now. Kaoru looked around her and saw all of her classmates there, Looks like all of us came to investigateshe thought, but was soon interrupted when Kaoru heard a mysterious chuckle in the shadows and then another scream, this one sounding more distressed than the first. Keiji kun was soon out of the door walking toward the room from where the sound originated. " Come on everyone" she said to the other students " Someone may be in need of help". Following Keiji kun, Kaoru calmly walked to the adjacent room, figuring that it was just another group of frightened girls or children

Yukari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As she peeked into the room, Kahako fell in and the other two joined her and Keiji at the door, Hikari realized the reason for the screams, with an involuntary drop in her stomach. Her heart raced horribly and she jumped back brushing the crawlers off her skin. This was all completely involuntary. She didn't fear the spiders, she just hated the way their hairy little legs felt on her skin. She slapped the shivers from herself as they disappeared. She rumpled her hair aggressively as she grumbled, "I hate spiders." Then squeaked as she plucked another out of her hair. she threw it down and squashed it with her foot. "Stupid thing."

Just then, she heard an ominous chuckle from the corner of the room. "Who-" And then a heavy sound, followed by a distressed scream cut her off. "That sounded bad. Lets go." She said, nodding in agreement with both Kaoru and Keiji. She rushed forward, pulling out her Kunai as she went. I hope it's not more spiders. She said. Big spiders? Sure, she could stab one of those. Little spiders, crawling all over her, making her skin prickle and itch. She shivered. "Ugh." Marched over determinedly, and threw open the door, determined not to let a (Thousand) creepy little thing(s) like a spider ruin her enjoyment of Hell night. Woe betide the next creepy crawly Tanaka Hikari saw while she was in that mood. She had pushed the chuckle out of her mind. If it became a problem later, she'd deal with it then.

Shinrya Kahako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kahako’s body stopped cold. Normally, she would have not been very bothered by spiders, but in a place that is possibly rampant to ghouls, ghosts, and goblins; her first thought wasn’t, ‘oh, spiders.’ The sudden feather-light touches made her heart skyrocket for the few seconds her while mind questioned what exactly was touching her. She stifled the scream enough for it to transform into a small, pitiful squeak. However, as soon as one of the creepy-crawlies landed on her nose, she calmed down a little bit and came down from her spike of panic. She dusted the creatures from her hair with her hands; silently admonishing herself for freaking out like a child. ‘You’re a soon to be shinobi, Kahako. Pull yourself together.’ She looked up to Shisou, who had stepped in front of her, to see if he heard her squeak. All the while hoping he hadn’t. She noticed the things crawling off of him as well. “Spiders are stupid, huh.” She tried to play off with a weak smile.

The chuckle that came from the corner of the room made her heart leap again. The concerning thump and the mangled scream next door only added fuel to her racing heart. ‘It’s like meeting Satou-san all over again. One horrid, heart-racing experience after another,’ she thought dejectedly. Keiji was the first who wanted to investigate, followed quickly by Kaoru and Hikari. The two girls seemed much more worried than Keiji about this scream, as did Kahako. She looked up to Shisou, hiding the feeling of fear and worry as best she could. “We should check it out too, don’t you think?” She said as she moved to follow behind the three in front of her, this time (thankfully) at her own pace. “Besides, I do not like the feeling of this,” she added more so to herself than to anybody around her. She reached to fiddle with the charm she always had around her neck. Something about all of this didn’t seem right.

Santaru Rin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
A pale apparition appeared from behind some of the furniture, bumping the surface upon which the blue-flamed candle rested and causing it to tumble to the floor.

"Oh, crap," said the apparition, proceeding to stamp out the flame while everyone left. The girls, giggling, ran the opposite way, leaving our heroes to sort out things next door themselves.

Keiji, once more taking the lead, reached out to slide open the next door. With a mighty rip, something huge burst through the paper door. It crashed into Keiji and knocked him to the ground. The attacker's bulk was black on black in the dark corridor. There was only the impression of glowing pinpricks, too far apart to be human eyes, and a terrified moan. Suddenly the invader charged at the students who had followed Keiji, scattering them through the narrow hall as it charged past, back to the starting room and then up the stairs.
OOC said:
New objective!

You have encountered 3 out of 10 individuals you must protect. A 4th is presently being spirited off to serve as a midnight snack! Regroup and retrieve this person before he or she becomes cat food.

Keiji

The Unfortunate Overlord
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
The sudden bump took Keiji off guard "Damnit!"</B><i></i> He cursed out loud as he hit the ground, looking up a cold chill ran down his back as looked up at the black apparition, he quickly overcame it though. He reached out to stop the apparition as it attempted to run through the group, but he didn't make it in time. "Damnit!"<i></i> He cursed out loud again in frustration, quickly he got up as the black apparation went upstairs. He quickly looked into the empty room where the noises originated from. Nothing, empty!, it must've grabbed the person that was in there!<i></i> "Quick!"<i></i> He hastened the others waving his arms. <B>"We need to go get it!" A smile grew on his lips About time we got some excitement! I was starting to get bored!<i></i> It was a wicked smile, like he was actually having fun. "We need to get the person that was in there back! He paused, took a step back, and placed himself into a ready position to run. "I bet that monster there took her!<i></i> He almost jumped up into the air as he began a burst to running Full speed!<i></i> he ran at as fast as he could, the smile grew wider as he began to run.

He reached the stairs quickly, grabbed the arm rest, looked to the side to look over at the friends of his "Come on! Hurry!" He shouted excitedly at them, he then burst up further stepping over 3 steps at every movement he jumped almost all the way up.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
There was nothing to be said for it. Shisou was entirely afraid of those stupid spiders. He had never encountered one before in his entire life, and the sight of their eight-legged horror jarred some primal instinct in himself, yet it was quickly overcome by the placidity of true fear. Shisou was truly in the grip of arachnophobia. The experience left him a bit winded, and as such, he didn’t really react when the fake apparition appeared. Honestly, Shisou didn’t really notice anything until the strange beast barreled its way into the room. That jarred Shisou back into his waking mind.

The moan was what really set it off. It was the sound of a human being in pain, Shisou new that noise very well; Shisou made that noise almost daily. Then the beast jumped away, brushing past Shisou. The thing was fast. However, Shisou was fast as well, and he had come prepared for the shenanigans that was the Academy. His hand instantly went to the kunais on his belt, and instinctively, he tossed one at the escaping figure. It was a quick toss, Shisou could not tell if he hit the beast, but he had to have at least scratched it, hopefully.

Keiji leapt into action, and Shisou was quickly behind him. He ran shoulder to shoulder with the boy, knowing they would be the first line of defense; they had to be a powerful driving force against the beast.

Shinrya Kahako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kahako heard the large black… thing… before she could see it. Instinct made her to dodge out of the way, but she didn’t quite make it as the creature threw her to the side of the hallway. The push was nothing gentle, and that was the first sign that that thing was not a part of the night time attractions. “Quick! We need to get it!” Kahako heard from Keiji. As she sat up she realized that what her new acquaintance said was true. She heard the moan of a person before the creature charged, though she failed to see them as it passed her.

Despite what was going on around her, Kahako wasn’t as quick to follow as the boys were. ‘Ghoul! It was a monster!’ she thought fearfully as she closed her eyes. She didn’t want to follow the boys down the hall and up the stairs. She wanted to be nowhere near that thing. But… red eyes filled her mind, along with sharp teeth and white smoke. …what is my reward?...To be stabbed by a frightened girl whom I saved, only to save another life by giving up my freedom… Kahako opened her eyes. Someone else had saved and protected her once before when she was scared and useless.

“Hikari! Kaoru! The girls in the other room went that way!” Kahako said as she struggled to get back to her feet by using the wall. She fell again, her body shaking in fear. “Curse this kimono!” she said angrily, trying to hide the utter terror she felt for the supernatural creature currently climbing the stairs. Pulling at the knot of her obi, Kahako had finally had enough of the pretty silk fabric with its pink flower pedals. She shed her kimono as quickly as possible, leaving on only the long sleeve shirt and short shorts she thought to put on to keep her warm in the evening winter air. Finally free of the fabric, Kahako quickly started running towards the stairs, kicking the geta off her feet as she followed the boys, keeping an eye out for the three girls that headed that way only moments before.

Yukari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hikari watched as some pale apparition canceled out their light with clumsiness. She was not caught off guard when the thing bowled her over, but she was guarded against the wrong thing. She'd hit her head in the confusion, and bit her lip. "Ugh" She growled looking around. She heard Kahako struggling somewhere nearby, but wasn't able to shake her disorientation soon enough to help. Distantly she heard the guys racing away after the creature, and some captive. Captive? The scream. Suddenly her scrambled focus sharpened. She raced after them,"Come on, girls! We have to help the guys!" She said, following the sound of the rest of her party through the doors and up a staircase. "Hope those girls have the sense to stick together." She said.

The scrambling run and the pace the guys had set, was quick, but she was ready for it. She caught up with Kahako, noticing that she had shed the pretty Kimono, and was now running around in her smalls. It was a good thing too. Kimono aren't easy to run in.

She kept pace with the other girl, "You have any weapons, Kahako-chan? That thing isn't just a spooky scary. It's a monster." She said, "Apparitions don't kidnap kids."

Kaoru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kaoru followed Keiji in the dark hallway, when she heard a large Thump. The next thing she knew Keiji was on the ground with a black beast on top of him. He managed to kick off the attacker, it ran past her almost pushing her. Kaoru saw Kagatsuchi kun throw a kunai at the monsteer whether he was successful at hitting it she was not sure. Kaoru found herself in the middle of the hallway with no particular direction to go in. Kaoru heard many of her classmates shouting to go up the stairs, she heard them say that the dark figure had taken someone! This rose an alarm within Kaoru, she immediatley began running in the direction of the stairs, careful not to trip in her evening wear. In her frantic sprint she heard the tearing of fabric and saw that Kahako san had torn off her kimono. Kaoru continued on to the stairs following Kahako san and Hikari san.

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"A hundred children ranging from ages eight to thirteen enroll every year in the Shinobi Academy of Kumogakure. The sole admission criterion is that the child must show signs of the vanishingly rare ability to control the innate energy source from which all shinobi techniques originate: Chakra. Most new students have shinobi parents who have sent their children to satisfy the blood-tithe requirement, but a fair number come from the ranks of the non-shinobi of Kaminari no Kuni, their potential detected by the ranks of the Academy’s Chakra Potential Screening Service (CPSS) who scour the country with the sole purpose of detecting and recruiting candidates. Whether voluntarily relinquished, purchased outright, or simply abducted, these children also add to the ranks of future potential shinobi.

Of an entering class of one hundred, half are dead by the end of the first month."

--From Modern Shinobi Warfare by Sir Takagi Masao, Imperial Historian​

According to Shisou’s father, the boy had started to murder his mother from within the womb, bathing in her blood as he emerged, triumphantly ripping away the loops of umbilical cord coiled around his neck as a testament to his defeat of her last meager attempts to strangle him. He was a killer from conception, and thus the only one who had thought to bring arms to a pleasure excursion (good boy!). A kunai thrown at proper velocity could easily drop a man, and at least wound a monster.

An indignant and most definitely feline roar echoed down the halls as the massive, vaguely-realized attacker bounded off into the suffocating darkness of the academy halls. As Keiji rushed after the attacker, he nearly fell over as his sandals abruptly stuck to the wooden floor, arresting his progress. Looking down, he realized that he had stepped in a trail of clear, vaguely pinkish ooze whose spatter pattern was an obvious blood trail from wounded quarry. The substance did not look like or flow like blood, however – it was viscous, sticky to the touch, and if any of them had dared to taste it, as Keiji might, very sweet. Hunters wore their hair in dreds – it was time to reverse the roles of carnivore and prey.

Kahako, Hikari, and Kaoru followed, quickly picking up the trail. In front of them, laying in a pool of the substance, Shisou’s earlier thrown weapon. The cord-wrapped handle had been shredded, and the damage pattern would remind an attentive shinobi of the way giant mountain cats were prone to ripping out embedded projectiles such as spears or arrows with the claws of their hind legs. Whatever they chased was clearly vulnerable to cold steel, and now the girls would all awaken to the inevitability of violence. In a way, the bloody kunai was a symbol of what would await them for the rest of their lives; murder, sex, and deception. The question now, was how would they react to it? And who among them would kill another human being first? Would it be pragmatic, collected Kahako, who held behind her psyche the growing hints of an alien darkness? Would it be the valiant, aggressive Hikari, with a budding interest in the art of inflicting pain? Or would it be the heartbreakingly innocent, sincere Kaoru, who out of all of them might find that she enjoyed bloodshed the most? Or was this all conjecture? Who knew?

The darkness was nearly overwhelming at this point. In the distance, they heard a shuffling sound interspersed with panting. If they drew near the source of the sound, they would come across a truly heinous sight. A fellow academy student – a younger boy from the first year class, attempting to crawl toward them.

“H-help me...” he gasped, reaching out to them. Behind him, familiar twin pinpricks of malevolent light, and the air suffused with the scent of bloodlust and anticipation.
Hello! This is Patrick Masao, otherwise known as "that asshole of a mission mod" and my favorite screenwriter is Gen Urobuchi. I'm helping Rin with this event, so post away! Let me know if I'm TOTALLY out of left field describing your characters (which I probably am), and alternatively, if your character has some sort of grimdark aspect to them that you want me to cultivate, please feel free to PM me and I can edit, etc. Otherwise, enjoy the mindbreak and suffering event!

Keiji

The Unfortunate Overlord
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
It bleeds! he thought as he noticed the gooey pink-ish substance under his nose. Remembering that Shisou had thrown a Kunai at it before. Getting up on his legs, standing tall and looking ahead at the apparent first year student of the academy, then looking behind him, the eyes staring ahead, a wicked smile grew on Keiji's lips "Don't worry, we got you!" He shouted as he pulled out one of the Kunai from the holster hidden always under his sleeve around his forearm. Time to play! He looked behind himself in a second towards the 3 girls, to make sure they were there. brandishing his newly pulled out weapon, he turned around quickly again as he noticed they were there.

Kicking away the sandals as he looked to the side of him at Shisou, he stomped onto the floorboards eagerly and with anticipation. "Shisou! With me!" He shouted with a slightly commanding and excited tone. Spreading his legs for added balance, then lifting up his Kunai, remembering the lessons with Kitsune-Sensei, concentrating with chakra for a second for added precision he concentrated on his hands, then fingers, then reached out and let his chakra envelope the Kunai. He then threw it. Hoping it would hit the apparition right in the face, he kicked off the ground and ran towards the apparition, while he reached in under his sleeve again, pulling out another Kunai. "FLANK HIM!" he shouted commandingly, hoping if at least anyone, then Shisou heard him shouting. Quickly running ahead he stepped in between the dark being and the young student. Ready for whatever it might throw at him he stood there ignoring if he had hit it or not. With a steadfast and strong look on his face, his feet standing strong on the floorboards beneath him, knees slightly bent for added balance, he waited for whatever it might throw at him. In his mind he hoped the others would help him out and take positions, and pull the other student away while him and whoever else were to join him fighting off the apparition.

Kaoru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kaoru walked carefully around the mysterious substance, it smelled sweet as syrup, her sandals were making it a huge hassle to navigate and her kimono did not help at all. Keiji san and Kagatsuchi san went on ahead, readying their weapons, in front of Keiji Kaoru saw a very frightening sight, a huge black beast with beady eyes and a first year student who appeared gravely injured. " N- No" she gasped tears coming to her eyes. Kaoru ran as fast as she can, but midway there she relized that her outfit was not the most appropriate to fight in. She stripped off the kimono and stored it in a closet she had found in the hallway, beneath the silky garment Kaoru reveals a full ninja suit complete with basic body armor and multiple pouches for kunai and various other weapons.

Kaoru quickly ran over to the injured student"Are you alright?" she softly whispered. The only response from the student she got was a low moan. "It's okay" she said soothingly as she grabbed the small child and picked him up one arm under his neck, the other under his legs. Keiji san, Kagatsuchi san please defeat that monster, I'll do what I can for the student" she shouted hoping that her new friends would take caution in battling their adversary. Turning her attention back to the boy, he was sweating profusely and his breathing was heavy. Kaoru was puzzled at first at where the injury was."What happened, where are you hurt?" Kaoru tried to keep her voice as calm as possible, she thought that she had done a OK job but still felt a twinge of worry in her voice. No response came, Kaoru now had no choice, deciding that there was no other choice she decided to do an examination herself. Kaoru slowly began to take off the students shirt, she blushed violently as she did this. To her utter relief and surprise there was no stab wound or any other kind of reason for his distress Good no chest injuries she thought as she let out a sigh of relief. But a raise in alarm quickly overthrew her sense of relief Wait then whats wrong?. Kaoru quickly began to examine his legs, nothing. Kaoru eventually ruled out any kind of injury, and concluded that the student had a horrible scare and the wind knocked out of him. I can see what did this. Kaoru swiftly picked up the student again and moved him to the closest classroom.

There she continued to build a sort of barrier for the defensless child. Using the desks and chairs, she formed a wall around the student, and covered him with the curtains off the windows. Before she left to help her companions in the battle against the beast she left a pouch full of kunai in case that the small boy needed to protect himself. "I'll be back " she softly whispered. Running at full speed, Kaoru exited the room and continued on to hallway where her classmates were. She stood behind Kagatsuchi san "Did I miss anything?" she shouted raising her kunai, her body in a battle stance ready for anything the beast could throw at her, a small grin slowly forming on her face.

Shinrya Kahako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kahako glanced at the red-head beside her before looking down the hallway ahead of them where the beast disappeared. “Our bodies are naturally weapons, Hikari-chan. I may have come without gear, but I’m not unarmed,” she said with a small smile, repeating what Satou-sensei said to her. As they came across the pool of blood and the small kunai, Kahako picked up the shredded kunai, feeling the thickness of the creature’s blood on the handle. “I’ll take this though, just in case.” She said her voice wavering with a bit of relief. ‘It bleeds!’ She thought with glee. The substance was thick on her fingers, and the shade was definitely not normal blood… but it bleeds. 'This means it can die too.'

Flipping the kunai into a better position for close combat, Kahako came upon the scene of the creature before her and the boy trying to crawl away. Kaoru was the first to respond, pulling the boy to safety while Keiji began flanking the creature. Immediately, Kahako flanked the side of the creature closest to the boy, channeling chakra to her legs and jumping to take a swipe at the creature with the kunai, moving quickly to try and divert attention from the possibly injured student.

As Kaoru returned to the battle with a small smile, Kahako kept her eyes on the creature while her thoughts raced to the boy who was on his own. “Is he okay, Kaoru-chan!?” She asked frantically. She wanted to run to the boy to make sure he was okay. Do an in-depth analysis of his body, but aside from the shield of desks and chairs, she was currently the best possible distraction. It probably wasn’t happy with her close quarter swipe at its body. She wasn’t all too happy that she got that close to it either. “We need to take this thing down!” Kahako said moving slowly back and forth, hoping to keep the creature’s attention. Ready for the next opening to dodge an attack and strike again.

Yukari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hikari responded to Kahako with a nod. "You're right, Kahako-chan." She became conscious of her kunai and other weapons. As Kahako knelt and drew up the kunai, shredded at the hilt. "What is this thing?" She asked as she knelt and touched the liquid. It was sticky, thick. It didn't really feel like blood, but... She touched the pink goop to her lips. She licked it. "Sweet." She knew what blood smelled like. "This thing is weird, guys." She growled. "Wrong."

Hikari joined the battle as she watched Kaoru whisk away the student. She watched Keiji called for someone to flank the creature, leading the charge. She suddenly remembered Kitsune and her book about chakra points. Hikari sniffed, and bolted around Keiji, away from Kahako and Kaoru. As she came around its side, she channeled her chakra through her arms, boosting the power of her shot, as she threw shuriken, aiming, not really to do a lot of damage, but mostly to piss the creature off. "C'mon you mangy fleabag!" She shouted. "Pick on-" She scoffed, "Someone much smaller than you."

Then she drew and threw a set of kunai which was connected by a long ninja wire. The first she threw at the ceiling, the other she held onto, attaching it to a loop on her belt. She backed up, jumping as she went, then, making the sign for the ram, remembering what she'd learned from Gekido, she used chakra to climb the wall, running along it til the wire ran out then she jumped and swung herself around using her momentum, and flew toward the beast, intending on kicking the thing if she could. Not in the head, in the side. She wanted to hit the creature in the soft meat below the rib cage and above the hind legs.

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The exact details of the shinobi academy student curriculum are a closely-guarded secret known only to the Academy Headmaster, who usually also serves as the Sennin of the Main Branch of Kumogakure. What is known is that children undergo intensive training in all forms of warfare and are expected to master everything from hand-to-hand brawling to field command of entire armies. Simultaneously, they endure exposure to dangerous alchemical processes, absorption of mutagenic compounds, and neurophysiologic augmentation intended to speed and refine the development of their chakra systems, allowing them to utilize shinobi jutsu. The combination of these approaches makes academy students who survive their trials highly versatile and dangerous opponents against all adversaries they may encounter. The overall mortality rate is around ninety percent, with most deaths due to training mishaps, adverse pharmacologic reactions, surgical complications, and suicide.

Each fully-trained student ready for promotion to genin is for all practical purposes a mutant.

From Modern Shinobi Warfare by Sir Takagi Masao, Imperial Historian​

The boy with dreadlocks could feel the bloodlust erupting from within as he faced the shadowy, hulking feline form in front of him. A non-shinobi boy his age would have been frozen in place shitting his drawers in fear at such a sight, but not Keiji. Whether such a reaction was an inherited trait native to a long line of shinobi before him, or whether it was due to the brutal conditioning he had received all of his academy years, it mattered not, for the result was the same. His chakra system had developed for years with the sole purpose of violent action, and his kunai flew straight and true. With a disgusting squishing sound, the metal blade sank into the Nian’s eye, causing it to roar in anger and pain. Giant pink gobs of jelly-like vitreous humor cascaded to the floor.

Meanwhile, normal girls wore camisoles under their festival dress, but Kaoru was a true Tier One Operator and wore a full tactical loadout under her yukata. She immediately sprang into action, diving in and swooping up the little boy in a flash despite the tears in her eyes. (But were they tears of joy?)

“Don’t cry, onee-san, you saved me,” gasped the first-year as she gently laid him down in another room. “I thought that lion-thing was going to eat me for sure. I’ll never forget you! In fact, one day I’ll marry you for sure!” he said, giving her a thumbs-up before she put the final touches on the impromptu shelter she had constructed for him. An ignorant observer might have scoffed at Kaoru’s idea of placing the rescued student behind a makeshift barrier of furniture and blankets, as such a structure offered only token resistance to a dedicated foe. However, the brilliance of her plan was that it tapped into a fundamental truth about kids of all ages; they loved blanket forts. The child, although physically as vulnerable as before, would both stay silent inside the darkened shelter as well as resist the urge to peek outside or otherwise make himself known to the creature outside.

As Shisou and Keiji ran to the beast’s sides to prepare for an attack, it swept one of its massive paws in front of it in a gigantic arc, pinning Shisou against a wall. The shinobi boy was in trouble now – a feline’s normal behavior would be to attempt to break his neck by tossing him around if it could. Suddenly, a hail of shuriken slammed into its exposed arm, thrown by Hikari. The sound it made was an unnerving cross between a yelp and a roar, and it withdrew the injured extremity in response, letting Shisou fall to the ground. Angered, it shot out a clawed lunge from its hindlegs to punish her. After narrowly avoiding the swipe by rushing up the wall, she bounded away, landing a kick directly in its flank and causing it to crash to the ground, obliterating a wooden wall in its way.

Kahako’s observation was right – she was by no means unarmed. Her body and mind were weapons, sharpened under Headmaster Souseiki’s merciless, blood-lubricated grindstone until they formed a perfect edge; hardened to penetrate armor and rend flesh, and yet flexible so as not to shatter when cleaving bone. With a chakra-infused leap, she propelled herself toward the fallen beast, cratering the wooden floor in her wake. A rush of warm, pink fluid that spattered across her face was her reward as the damaged kunai sunk into the creature’s flank. As she attempted to move away for her next strike, however, the Nian opened an extra set of eyes and shot a paw out at her. Claws wrapped around her body and the creature pulled her forward. Kahako resisted the urge to fall unconscious, but now faced the impossibly cavernous open maw of the creature. She barely had time to marvel at the size of the opening before she was suddenly tossed forward into the moist, cocoa-scented darkness and the creature’s jaws slammed shut.
The Nian is injured – one of its eyes has been put out, its internal organs are damaged, and it has a kunai stuck deeply in its flank. Hikari and Keiji are fine, and Shisou is lightly injured.

Kahako has been swallowed whole, and her fate is unknown to the rest of the students. She is still alive, however, and is trapped inside the creature’s gullet where she is being encased in chocolate.

Yukari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Narrowly avoiding the sharp claws of the beast, Hikari landed her kick against the beast's flank, it's flesh gave as it fell, propelled by her momentum, through a wooden wall. Briefly, and absurdly, she hoped that no one would get mad about all the damage they'd caused to the building. She bounced back, and landed on the ground out of the beast's reach as it recovered, and Kahako threw a kunai at it. A moment later the beast reached out and grabbed her friend. She started toward the beast, intent on freeing her friend before it swallowed her up, but before she could take two steps, Kahako was eaten. "Guys, we have to save Kahako!" She shouted.

With a grimace, she yanked the Kunai out of the ceiling and swung it to build up speed. She frowned, “We need a plan!” She shouted, “Think, Hikari, think… What do you do when a beast has swallowed someone whole? Feed it something to make it barf- No.” She shook her head, “If I had…” Anything? A smoke bomb, a flash bomb… But she didn’t. She had her kunai, and a few shuriken she hadn’t thrown. “Note to self, there’s no such thing as a happy Hell night.” She said.

Her Kunai were singing now, they were moving so fast… that sound a blade makes as it dances through the air gave Hikari goosebumps. She let fly her weapon, aiming for the creature’s neck, as it was distracted, at least momentarily, she didn’t hold onto the other end, she threw it at the ceiling again. Then she rushed forward, and smashed her fist into the creature’s side. The chatty student didn’t wait for it to react, she jumped over its back and punched it again, repeating blows behind it’s ribs, careful to hit especially where it had been stabbed or kicked before.

In a word, Hikari was angry. She’d been angry before, but not so intensely furious. Her skin tingled as she struck and moved, and she wished that, she could conjure a storm, some lightning, anything, as she had on the day she argued with Zaku about bloodlines, accidentally triggering a storm. This beast had terrorized people- the young boy, the girls- had disorganized her fun outing, and had eaten her friend. She didn’t really know what the others were doing, only that the first year was safe, and she didn’t have time to talk, to ask, so she let that thought fall to the side, and worried about the problem before her. Hikari had been well trained. She knew how to cause pain. She knew how to kill. This was the first time she actually aimed to use that knowledge.

Kaoru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kaoru stood in her battle stance, as she watched keiji kun gouge out one of the creatures eyes. Pools of pink liquid splattered on the ground. The sight almost made Kaoru gag. Kagatsuchi san attacked the creature, but instead was trapped between the wall and the monster's arm. Kaoru was just about to leap in and stab the creature, when a shower of shuriken whizzed past her. Kaoru turned around, it was Hikari's attack. The projectiles hit the perfect target, the monsters other arm. The noise by which it made was full of agony, then she ran up and kicked the beast in its already injured flank. This attack freed Kagatsuchi san, Kaoru ran to Kagatsuchi san and asked"Hey are you alright?" Without even waiting for an answer, Kaoru threw one of Kagatsuchi san's arms over her shoulder, and heaved her classmate down the hall. She layed him down, he seemed dazed but alright will probably be back to fight later she thought, thinking the rambunctious boy would not go down without a fight. "Kagatsuchi san" she said with a hint of urgency " you're not severely hurt but it may be wise for you to lay low for a while" without another word, Kaoru returned to the battle. Kaoru was just about to answer Kahako san's earlier queston about the first year when the beast swallowed her whole!

Hikari san went into a frenzy after that. Kaoru understood her companion's rage and assisted her in the attack. Dodging the flying kunai, Kaoru managed to get a gash across the beast back by springing off the far wall. Kaoru knew that in order to save Kahako san they would either have to force the moster to vomit or disembowel him, both options did not sound very appealing. Kaoru thought that option number one might be the eassier of the two, she had six smoke bombs attached to her belt. They were uncommonly small, but Kaoru knew they had quite a kick. She leaped off the floor using some chakra to strengthen her jump. Gripping onto the beast's neck, she dettached one of the small bombs and pulled out the tab, Kaoru put her hand with the bomb as deep into the monsters throat as she could. It's tongue slipped around her exposed arm. It's sharp fangs caused many small cuts on Kaoru's elbow and upper arm. She released herself from the monster with a mighty kick. The bomb went off soon after to monster wailed in dismay. It keeled over but no vomit "Shoot!" Kaoru shouted in disapproval, she looked oveer to Keiji for assistance.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back