Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Exam for the one Pony guy on Skype!

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Zaku stood out amongst the various obstacle courses, his gaze upon the passing clouds in the sky. Most days in Kumogakure were overcast, but there were the few clear days throughout the month. Ever since he had come home, he'd requested time off to sort through the memories forced into his mind. With the help of his family and Hikari, he figured out what was what and what not. Now he was at the academy about to proctor an exam.

"Is this what my life has become? Am I going to be one those shinobi who washed out of real duties?" he pondered.

Genin exams were simple. He had a couple questions for the boy, then some physical tests and that was it. Not much to become the cannon fodder of Kumogakurian forces.

To his left, Kaiju rolled around on the round, trying to catch a fly that had been buzzing around him for the past ten minutes.

"Maybe we need to get you a bath..." groaned Zaku. That was an ordeal he wasn't interested in.

Fujitika Misa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B-rank
It had been a couple of days since the thing that had happened to him in the hospital and he really just wanted to pass his exam as he believed that it would bring him one step closer to controlling his powers. Today Arami found himself going back near the many obstacle courses, this time not to a classroom or at least he didn’t think so.

Arami looks around a little bit before he notices someone over by one of the further away courses and as he got closer he noticed them from somewhere “Hey I remember you, Didn’t you teach that one class where the guy got thrown out the window. That was actually quite amazing how you did that!” Arami was obviously overly excited as he had been in awe of this guy and now he was administering his genin exam. Arami however didn’t know about the ground deteriorating into sand just below his feet.

(MFT-WC 157)

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Zaku looked down at the girl whose effeminate voice voiced adoration for a class he had taught long ago. "How has someone from that class not graduated yet?" he wondered.

He considered her gear and overall readiness for the trials that he was to put her through. That was when he noticed the sand beneath her feet. A puzzled expression flashed across his face before speaking up. "Careful where you are stepping. It appears an instructor has left a trap active when he last used the course..." groaned Zaku. He raised a hand outward, focusing his will over the element given to him by the Oni within him. The sand would at least remain stable enough for Arami to step off of.

It was his job to test this student to see if they were capable of surviving as a genin of Kumogakure. So he would get started with the easier part; a mental test of sorts.

"All right girl," he began while pulling out a scroll and a writing device. "You are going to answer the questions on this scroll. It will determine if you are ready to move on to become a soldier for the village of Kumogakure." he continued, holding out the materials for her to take. "When you are done, just let me know and I'll take a look." Zaku finished.

With a wave of his hand, a chair formed out of thin air. Made of tiny, fine particles of sand, it acted like a cushion giving him the comfort he sought after. "If you have any questions, just speak up. No one else here so you don't gotta worry about embarrassment."
Questions within the Scroll:

What does it mean to be a shinobi of Kumogakure?

What gives us the ability to be Shinobi?

The Raikage orders you to kill your entire family, do you do it? Yes or No, and why?

The other three members of your squad have been dispatched, your superiors are telling you to turn back, but you are within 100 feet of the objective for a mission, what do you do?

You mission was to apprehend a local thief, but it turns out to be a homeless kid just trying to survive. What do you do?

Fujitika Misa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B-rank
Arami looked at Zaku in anger that covered his entire face. ‘I will just let that comment slide’ Arami thought to himself not wanting to anger Zaku so much that he would automatically fail this exam. Arami looked at his feet a moment and laughed a little bit. “That isn’t an instructors doing. I do that sometimes” Arami said with a soft chuckle as he steps away from the sand only for sand to appear again at his feet. “See” Arami added as the sand swirled around his feet again “No matter what I do I can’t Control it at all” Arami added yet again as he takes the pen and scroll that appear in front of him.

Arami would look through the questions on the scroll and smirks as he fills in the answers.
What does it mean to be a shinobi of Kumogakure? To serve and keep the people of Kumogakure safe

What gives us the ability to be Shinobi? Our determination and force of will

The Raikage orders you to kill your entire family, do you do it? Yes or No, and why? I ask the raikage for their reason and if it proves that my family is a threat to the village I do as the Raikage says.

The other three members of your squad have been dispatched, your superiors are telling you to turn back, but you are within 100 feet of the objective for a mission, what do you do? As they are my superiors I do as they say and retreat.

Then the last question caught him off guard, had this proctor actually done some research on him.

Arami would think for a moment before penning the best answer he could think of and hands the scroll back to Zaku, a little sand flowing up his hand and getting onto the scroll. “Well it hasn’t ever done that before…Really odd”
You mission was to apprehend a local thief, but it turns out to be a homeless kid just trying to survive. What do you do? I Take the homeless kid in but reluctantly ask what they plan to do with him before turning him over no matter what they say.

(WC 194)
(MFT)

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The proctors eyes watched Arami display her ability to manage the sand, or rather, not manage it all. He was left wondering how she had no control over it and yet it constantly maintained itself under her. It was no that way in his case, and he had never met a Sunaku before.

But time pressed forward, and Arami filled out her answers and handed the scroll to him. He began to read through them with a blank expression.

Zaku's stoic face turned into that of humor when he read the answer to the second question. It was always amusing when the children would over think the question. But everything seemed in order in the end, nothing that drew a red flag or perhaps signaled her lack of readiness to become a genin. The last question was peculiar, but nothing to cause a fuss over.

"All right, now that that is over, we can move on to more physical tests." Zaku began, walking to the west a few feet. He motioned with his hand towards the course. It looked simple enough.

"You get one chance to make it through this course unscathed. If you fail to do so, you fail the exam. Start whenever you are ready, and good luck." he said, folding his arms across his chest.
There will be 3 checks you need to make, with a potential for 3 more.

I have picked 3 numbers that results in triggering a trap in course. In your next post, display your shinobi agility and prowess through athleticism and/or taijutsu.

Should you trigger a trap, I will roll whether or not it hits you.

Roll 3 20-sided Dice and give me your results at the end of your next post. The layout of the course is up to you.

Fujitika Misa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B-rank
Through the whole time Arami looked quite worried after he handed Zaku the scroll and he started reading it with that blank expression on his face. ‘Oh come on! At least show some emotion about it, Do I fail already Do I pass without having to do anything at all?!’ </B> Were the thoughts going through Arami’s wandering mind the whole time.

Suddenly Zaku smiled for some reason ‘Oh crap ive already failed haven’t I, Well Dang might as well join those dang med-nin then’ Arami thought as a small frown could be seen across his entire face as one of such of depression. “So I…” Was all Arami got out when Zaku said that it was time to perform some physical tests ‘Well perhaps I still have a chance after all huh’ Arami though as his expression quickly changed as he looked at the obstacle course that Zaku had set up for him.

Zaku told him now that if he gets hit by any of the traps on the course he would fail, and that honestly didn’t make Arami feel any better but seeing as he was well prepared to become a genin this gave him more of a drive and determination to complete the course perfectly. “Ok So I begin now” Arami said as he would take his place at the start of the obstacle course, looking at it carefully trying to figure out where on the course the traps were placed. ‘Well this could just be the most fun ill have this entire day’ <B> Arami said with a laugh as he took off down the course, sand flying close behind him.

(273 WC)
(MFT)
(OOC- 14, 11, 6)

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Arami made it through the course without a hitch. His sand easily blocked a projectile traps that sent several shuriken and kunai at him. His light step kept him away from any of the other traps, even the well hidden ones. But Zaku expected this. The course he set up was meant for less experienced shinobi than this Arami girl. She had been in the academy far too long, perhaps even failed an examination a couple time before this one?

Arami finished and Zaku ninja poof'd over to the end of the course to meet up with her. "Well done. That's an easy pass." he spoke.

There was just one more test. While Zaku was no expert in genjutsu, he surely had a better skill towards the witchcraft that the young student. "Let's see how you handle your future." he though to himself, rapidly shifting hand signs and focusing on the young man.

The world would suddenly grow dark for but a moment, as if he were blinking. Now what he saw aorund him was entirely different. He could hear the shouts and cries of battle. To his right lay a soldier of kumogakure, forehead protector reflecting the sunlight above. Wedged in his neck, a katana sat, blood spewing forth from the wound and dripping down the blade. Coughs and groaned manage to escape the suffocating fluid every so often as the mans life slowly drained away. Surveying the battle field, Arami would find a war between those of Cloud and those of Marsh. Men and women of both sides fighting for their country and for their lives.

A fireball passes Arami's shoulder as a shinobi screams at him to duck. The searing blaze continues on it's path for its intended target. From behind him, Arami can hear the bloodcurdling screams of a man being burned alive. He can smell the flesh toasting in the blaze. To his left, a marsh soldier catches a shinobi mid-stride with a great sword, the momentum of the strike nearly cleaving the Kumo native in two. As the poor man's guts seem to spring forth from his abdomen, the soldier with the sword turns his attention towards Arami and begins his charge, weapon raised...

Fujitika Misa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B-rank
Arami had managed to get through the obstacle course rather easily as sand had come up to block several projectile traps and his fast feet made the obstacle course easy enough to get through. Soon Arami noticed that Zaku had managed to get to the end of the obstacle course before he had finished it. “Ok umm Now what do I have to do” Arami said with a triumphant grin on his face as he walks up to Zaku who was making some hand seals as he approached. Unbeknownst to Arami he seems to have been put into a genjutsu where he was seeing a battle taking place between the lands of Kumo and Marsh country. “WHOA!” Arami screamed ducking down out of the way of a burning fire ball “Hey what where you are shooting those fire balls”

Arami would turn around quickly seeing a warrior from Marsh cleaving a sword straight through a kumgakure shinobi’s midsection. “DANG IT! Stop it!” Arami yelled out as a wave of sand shot forth into the air causing it to rain sand on the area but truly raining only on the obstacle course. It wasn’t until That same warrior started to run towards him brandishing the rather large broad sword. “Leave me alone!” He yelled out loudly as a massive swirl of sand would spin wildly around a loud roar coming from Arami as his face seemed to be covered in some sort of sand mask and the wave of sand would reach out and grabs onto the warrior and started trying to crush him in a rather large hand.

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The man died in an instant. A warrior didn't stand a chance against a shinobi, even a young and relatively unskilled one; especially one with a blood limit.

The scene before his eyes drifted away and was replaced with the real world once again. Zaku had his fingers on his chin, judging the young student.

"You are ready. You just need some more refinement and training." he commented, reaching into the back pocket of his pants and whipping out a fore head protector.

"Congratulations. Don't think this makes it any easier. You still need to train constantly or else you won't be ready for the war that will eventually reach our doorstep." he concluded handing Arami the protector.

A simple exam, for a beginner shinobi: complete.

"Good luck. Don't die." Zaku finished, making his own nimbus and flying away.

[Topic Left]
[Genin Granted]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back