Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Eyes scouring the Land (Private; Mitsuki Fujimoto)

Horigome Sukejuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It had really been quite a long week, but a fire had been lit in the unusual agent of the hidden village, Kumogakure, since being prone and helpless to the ravages of disease and infection. Back at home, thousands of sheets of information compiled on the behavior of many individuals in the village, outstanding or not, were messily stacked by his bed with an unnerving commitment to mind-numbing attention and accuracy in what might in fact be an obsessive and pointless endeavor for the sake of safeguarding the village. Sukejuro didn’t think much of it, guilt had strengthened the netting of his mind which was most consistent in the past for allowing stray thoughts to swell out from the infinite depths of the void of his mind.

So after two weeks of stalking and observing many denizens of the village, he soon found himself standing before the place where his current career had all started. The sudden cocking of his head to the right would signal a torrential flood of nostalgia and heartbreak, however the terrible emotions were to be expected, he deserved the pain in some way for once soundly believing he was deserving of any degree of empathy or reprieve from himself and the dreariness that is life. Chuckling a bit, laughter fueled by hurt, the shinobi lurched forward and pushed the intangible needles forth with every step as he fondly remembered his childhood and the man who embraced him.

Enough of such trivial things, emotions, I am the claw…” he would turn to a gloved hand which, when flexed just right, sprung a sheath of razor-sharp steel claws which mounted on his fingertips like very long and deadly nails as he looked at the gleam of the immaculately well-kept and oiled steel with abstract and horrific iconography etched to the finest degree along each blade, telling of a creature he bore witness in his nightmares, the embodiments of the driving forces that commanded the living. “The claw, which rends the blood into the throat, which steals screams to replace with choking as air is replaced with liquid.” he would continue the mantra as he shifted his fingers just right again as the claw-blades retracted back as he balled up his fist as he roused his resolve.

Kekeke, that is better, no then…let us see what this premonition of pain has brought us for the future of this village.” he would muttered inanely to himself, teeth grinding passively in anticipation as he reached forth and pressed open the door to the academy to conduct his search.

Mitsuki Fujimoto

Yen
ASP
Deaths
A week. Only one week has she been at the academy. No one prepared her for the trivial emotion ride called life. Memories were made and friends were made. An emotion was brought forth, one of which she had never felt; want. Never did she want more than anything a friend, a teacher, a mentor to fill the hole drilled into her heart. Stone and emotionless this place brought out something only one other had. Regret, she knew one day she would leave, die perhaps and just be a memory. That's why she realized she wanted the most of life.

Staring at the doors that had opened, Fuji examined who had caused a ruckus. She saw white, an albino human. Never before had she seen an albino human, it was bizarre and interesting. Scouring the new-comers features she noticed he was a male. Presumebly much older than herself. A white mask encompassed his face she though she had heard of him somewhere possibly a class or aimless talk from other shinobi. Picking herself up from her seat, her black eyes boring holes into his masked eyes. "Fukituna, was it?" Her voice void of emotion, though you could say she was calm should you really want to. Some might be scared but Fuji wasn't one to get scared easily. Not even death would most likely effect her. "Interesting, what is a person like you doing at this old academy." Though she assumed she
Might've alredy figured it out she kept silent.

Horigome Sukejuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Surprising, there was only a solitary person within this classroom? Sukejuro couldn’t help but wonder about the great myth that his mother told me about the birth of children, were they really born from the sin of the blood of their parents to rise from the earth in human guise? “Hmm…” he hissed out in amused wondering as he reached forth and placed a hand at the top of the young girls head, examining first-hand the texture of the hair before shaking his head again, to feel if this one was indeed flesh and blood.

And the results were inconclusive, hair was neither flesh nor blood. However reeling back his hand he would stand upright to introduce himself, either ignoring the fact or ignorant that his actions might be considered just a tad bit inappropriate “Young Student, I presume?” his voice slithered out, barely escaping the apparatus which filtered pollutants from entering his lungs “Horigome Sukejuro, Chuunin. I am scouting talented students, maybe students like you? I have been surveying hundreds of people living in relative harmony with us.” He would explain, his words seemed emotionless save for the particular lack of confidence, amusement, or care for what he was stating, perhaps even wanted to speak more…comfortably.

Looking around, checking and double checking, he would find she was the only suitable candidate of his ‘hunt’ “My eyes and ears are weary from stalking inconsequential persons, you will provide much more valuable information. Tell me about yourself, yes?” he would ask as he reached over and pulled himself up a seat, bearing down those wide and circular lenses which hid his eyes behind opaque glass, taking his desire for privacy a great deal further than most Shinobi in his position. Oh it was always the little things, obsession, paranoia, self-loathing, and other such that really drove him.

What was most disturbing was possibly the fact that he didn’t seem to register her emotionless demeanor, possibly more is that his body motion and voice made it difficult to discern intention, masking simple gestures in a maelstrom of discord, whether it was intention or not was debatable.

Like you, I attended this academy once before, I had friends once who passed on or betrayed this place. Besides, I am sure Saito-sama would approve of my actions I think…” he would express, after inanely tittering out about borderline nonsense that was inconsequential.

Mitsuki Fujimoto

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Her young eyes looked across his features for any sign of humanity. Much like herself he had no emotions she could disect from his voice. He pated her head and got a 'hn' in reply. He babbled inconsequential nonsense that gave Fuji a headache.
Head in her hand, she returned to her spot, left knee on the chair and her other hanging off. Hand on her knee she stopped him.

"Please, quiet down. My head is starting to hurt. I shall reveal my secrets in return for information." Her silent demeanor took over waiting for him to answer, once he did she started. "I am Mitsuki Fujimoto. My history, well is no concern of yours. I am here to presupresume the life of an ANBU Black Ops, why? That is also no concern of yours. I plan to protect my village, because it is now my only family." She paused, thinking for a moment.
"My turn. Are you an ANBU? Why would you look for smart children? If I were a Chuunin, I would find children who were less proficient, shape them into ninjas. That is, if I were someone else, so why you?"

Horigome Sukejuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Agitation.

Sukejuro allowed her time to speak of course, teeth grinding silently to himself as he amused himself as he watched her, listened to her reactions, her voice. Something about his past really shaped him into the sort of neurotic and babbling male that he was, though there was a certain fixation that he had on watching, picking up on subtle nuances even when some others were beyond the scope of his meticulous and methodical searching.

Something clicks, I understand.
Am I so certain?

Cocking his head again, out of everything he had heard it was the implication that she was an orphan. Oh yes, he had a soft spot for such, especially the sort that did not let their lack of parents dictate who they were, those that did not sob about what was had and lost. “Mitsuki Fujimoto, yes?” He asked, perhaps for the sheer purpose of clarifying but it soon became apparent he didn’t actually need it “We all have our motives, we also all have our each and individual masks.” he would lean in, reach up and tap at the glass lens of his own ‘mask’ as he explained, “Already you hide your past like I hide my face, there are reasons for such, were I still ANBU perhaps such secrets would not be so secret.” he would mention, illuminating her about his past just a little bit.

Starting to slowly return to his straight posture he would lean to his side and prop the knuckles of his right hand up against the mask, bone-white metal digging into his gloves a bit “Be prepared to wade through the blood, crawl through corpses, this life is not for the faint of hearted – intelligent or not. As a Chuunin, I wager I'd prefer to find 'capable' sort, are you capable or incapable?” he would chuckle a bit “So very secretive, Fujimoto, what have you underneath your mask I wonder? I know at least that we both were left to fend on our own, gnaw at the bones that society cast off as opposed to surrendering to fate. Would that be a wrong estimation, eh?” He would ask, speaking so casually of such dark and dour things, as if such traumatic experiences no longer bothered him.

In reality, they only bothered him every now and again, in his dreams where guilt and loneliness manifest as horrific and abstract apparitions.

Mitsuki Fujimoto

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The implication was there, she understood that he was implying he was an orphan though she couldnt believe it. She had always been under the impression that there was no one else in this world like her, yes she knew of the orphans but all of them cried for their parents. But not her, she didn't know them and didn't care to. He was like her. "Hai." She clarified the usage of her name and waited. He spoke, asking about what lay under her facade of a mask. Fujis eyes softened, if for a moment she was the little girl in the orphanage again. Though as soon as it came it left. She watched his reactions as she began to spoke, she had no idea why she might say the true but she felt a connect she only had with Aria. Loneliness.

"Under my mask, I'm not entirely sure. If I said, it would be the little girl I left back at the orphanage some time ages ago. It is someone who represents the person I use to be, the person I never want to see again because she represents times when I was weak. I became the person I am so I could protect the only home I have left. Should something happen, I have no one. This mask protects me from the fear I have of my past. The loneliness I felt."

[MFT]

Horigome Sukejuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Like a predator perhaps, watching as his prey ‘unraveled’ before him, features softened, details were elaborated upon when he had not truly pushed such, a chuckle hissed out from his mask as she released some of the burden on her heart, something he might have done in the past. Adulthood was a much more trying period of his time, even if he was roughly only eighteen years of age at the time “I see…” Sukejuro would slyly mutter out as he reached forth and grabbed her by the chin.

Vulnerability, I smell it inside of her.
Of course you do, you would know, pitiful worm.
Flattery will not get me anywhere, I know this all too well.

Such soft features, a crack within the fleshy granite which gives you poise. But why?” he would ask, she had already spilled quite a bit, admittedly, to even a stranger such as he. Why? Oh but why? Sukejuro was not such a kind fellow, he was not such a mellow or relatable person, so why? Excitement, illness, confusion, entropy wrought through his sturdy but well-worn frame as he observed her for a few moments in silence, analyzing the data he had been given. “You wish to cast of weakness, but cannot since it will always be part of you.

Suddenly polished and razor-sharp claws would extend which avoided her flesh by mere millimeters, clearly tactful precision. “We will always be plagued by our own inner weakness, no one is perfect, many have foul demons breathing under the surface of complacent smiles. In our trade, such secrets come at a price, revealing them – certain death. You are young though, you will learn I think.” he would conclude by peeling his fingers away and retracting his claws.

It will always be a part of you, strengthen it, and it will comfort you when those close abandon you. Companionship of any sort is a luxury, not necessity. You are a most interesting student, however, I think you will turn out fine with proper…guidance.” he would chuckle a bit again, his potentially hostile actions creating tension, but then providing compliments and chortling, as if nothing had tense had occurred. Mind games perhaps? Who knows, Sukejuro knew he wasn’t all there but there was a point.

Should you however, make it to the rank of Genin, I would be most satisfied to initiate you as the first member of my squad. To be honest, never been allowed such a responsibility…but, who knows? I’ve lived long enough as it stands, yes?

Mitsuki Fujimoto

Yen
ASP
Deaths
A laugh bellowed in her throat. Clawing to the top and roar out. But she head it back. "Why? Despite my stone cold demeanor I'm still human just like you. We may act like we have no soul a Daemon in disquise. But despite how much we resist it we all have feelings. Children are sensitive, though some are better at hiding it all of us are going to break, though I'd rather tell someone and become insane when I can control it rather then at the wrong time... then again you can never really control insanity. It has no limits." She sat back down to her seat and looked to him through her white albino bangs. Her eyes were sharp and she held a piercing gaze.

"I shall try and take your advice, and make it part of me maybe when you get back you will find I have changed." She didn't specify why or what, Fuji figured he could figure it out by himself. " I am all about learning and knowledge I am gunning to be the ANBU Captain of The Village Hidden in the Clouds. If you can help me with that I will consider." She locked gazes with him and stares in his eyes, Fuji proved to him that she was mooing to take chances.

Fuji knew he was staring at her looking for her movements. "I thank you for your offerings, but my answer is no for now, you should get your other two members and then check back with me, if you can have some good people then I might consider." She got from her spot and stepped up to him, the look in her eyes was not fear, sorrow, or even joy it was peculiar because it was arrogance. Peculiar because it had never appeared on her small features but combined with a sly smirk it looked right. "Better if you survive long enough to find them, when you get back I have a friend I want to introduce you to - an ANBU Member I ran into a few days ago."

Horigome Sukejuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
She was a peculiar one, he was merely content at watching her with his head cocking as he listened. The arrogance was one of the few things she let out on the surface like a hairline fissure in a great granite column and oh how he wondered with what force and leverage it would take to reduce her precious ego into worthless stone slag amongst the ground? Not much he wagered, embarrassment and inspiring the feeling of helplessness was one such thought but she was one day going to be an ally, perhaps a student if he had it his way, but beyond that she was much like him and though his…eccentric ways made it difficult for others to gauge such weaknesses, he was certain there was something someone could exploit if he let them.

Insanity has limits, yes, messes with your head, your perception, your ability to make choices. I wager it would explain a lot.” he would tap on his metal mask, producing a sound “But that was not my choice, and happened long before I was a student.

Blinking beyond the his mask he would stare at her “Where am I going? I’ve never been a part of someone before, sounds dark, moist, and unpleasant. Like blood running through the veins, no? Very long way up to be a captain, very long way down if you should fail.” he would muse, giving some slack on the grip on his inane speech. Noticing she was staring him in the eyes, and hard, he would lean in a bit “Be careful when staring into the abyss.” He would start, piercing red iris glowing just noticeably through the reflective glass lenses but nothing more as it dimmed to obscurity.

“[bFor sometimes, the darkness stares back~[/b]” he would chime in a most amused fashion which defied the grim and ominous tone that his voice presented itself earlier. Her ambition was strong, that was for certain, “You know I’m not leaving anywhere, yes? This village is my home, have never actually ventured past the walls for long. Tell you what…reconsider and I will personally introduce you to my one and only friend in the whole village.” Sukejuro would offer, though at first it had little value to her as he scratched his head.

His name is Akira Saito, formerly the Sennin of the ANBU Branch, the man who inducted me as an agent and made me swim through a great lake of blood for my initiation. Certainly this trumps any ANBU servitor you know, no? he would ask as her arrogant attitude made him lead to believe this was some sort of game of one-upmanship.

Sukejuro would shrug as he crossed his arms before climbing up onto the table an sitting on the surface, snorting a bit “You’re call, Fuji, I don’t need you and you don’t need me. I will keep an eye on you at any rate, look out for others, you keep training but know that I would love to sculpt the grey matter that sits still in your head, and help groom you into being a successful force among this village. I have to do something right? No, I can only do wrong but perhaps you can do right instead?

Discord rang through his words but he would allow the young girl some time to 'digest' such language as he stood and backed himself to the door "We shall see, yes?" He would offer before he would depart, leaving her to whatever her intentions were in the academy.

[Thread Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back