Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Open Fight Club [Class]

Kato Hana

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Manzo walked around the large auditorium. It was designed for just this purpose and all around the outside walls were racks and racks of different kinds of weapons. Not every student had a weapon of their own and many did not even know what their preferred weapon was.

He had posted for a taijutsu class and he was interested to see how many people would show up. Taijutsu was very often popular among the younger students who hadn't mastered the handsigns of ninjutsu. He himself used to specialize in taijutsu before his current bloodline manifested.

He smiled to himself as he looked over at his sword, it was an unusual one but it suited him quite well, it should since it was his own chakra that made it after all. He did miss the speed he had when he had focused on taijutsu but he had destroyed that part of his body in an effort to save his own life. It had worked but as with most things, had come with a cost.

He eased the sword out of its scabbard and started a slow moving kata just to warm up his muscle while he waited.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Jirou woke up in the morning and stretched his arms over his head. Looking at the clock he realized that there was a class being held today in the Academy. "Time for us to go to class, Kashikoi. Let me get washed up then we can get something to eat and head on over to the class." He really wanted to attend it and work on his training. After washing up he gets dressed and heads down to the hall into the dining area where Hiro has prepared a meal of rice cakes with eggs and fruits. Hiro gestures for Jirou to sit and eat while he places a bowl on the floor for Kashikoi, "Have your breakfast first before you leave. I have also prepared a box lunch for you to take with you to the Academy. You will need your strength for your classes. Karasu has already left for the Academy." Jirou nods in gratitude and eats quickly. The food was good and Jirou was a growing boy with an healthy appetite, "Thank you sir for all you have done. This is very good." Not wanting to be late Jirou finishes the breakfast taking the box lunch with him and calling over to Kashikoi who has already wolfed his breakfast down, "Time to go boy. We don't want to be late to class." After waving to Hiro, Jirou and Kashikoi dash out the door on their way to class. Hiro is left behind to clean up the dishes​

Arriving at the huge auditorium with time to spare Jirou enters the area looking at the racks of every manner of weapon imaginable. He was really looking forward to this and he hoped that he was able to do well. Kashikoi is as always at his side while they wait for the instructor to start the class. Not wanting to interrupt the instructor which he observed him in the middle of his own warm up routine, Jirou starts to warm up as well doing his stretches and attempts to follow what the instructor was doing. Even Kashikoi does some warm up stretches that culminate in him rolling onto his back with all four legs spread out looking very relaxed. Jirou had to grin at his crazy pup, as he stood up straight once the instructor had stopped his warm up to introduce himself, "Hello sir. I am Raijin Jirou and this is Kashikoi. We are both looking forward to class. It is very good to meet you, sir." Jirou bowed respectfully and when Kashikoi heard his name said he walked over and puppy bowed as well to the instructor his front paws out straight and his rear end in the air.

[WC: 451 / 1500]​
[PC: ⅕ ]​
[MFT]​

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Karasu woke up in the morning doing the usual stuff before she heads to the academy. She took a shower, got dressed, brushed her teeth then went to get a quick breakfast which was on the table already. Her dad always had breakfast ready for her and the others that live with her. After finishing eating she made sure she had everything she needed, especially her sword. She was heading to Taijutsu class and knew that her sword that her father made her was probably going to be in use. She grabbed the sword by the hilt and rubbed the purple gem in the middle. It was a gift that her mother had given her before she died. She had a ritual to rub the gem and say a silent prayer everyday as a reminder of her mother and what her family had gone through. She named her sword Hageshi Seigi which meant Fierce Justice. That is what she will have every time she wields the sword. It was an oath she made to her mother to bring those who destroyed their lives to bring them to justice. There were many but she could never allow anyone to go through what her family had gone through.

She sheathed her sword and waved goodbye to her dad before setting off to the academy. She figured that Jirou and Kashikoi would be there too. She got distracted on her way to the academy as she saw an old lady with a crooked back walking by with a bag of groceries. Karasu went up to the lady “Hi do you need some help with that?” The old lady smiled at Karasu “Oh yes dear that would be wonderful. It’s hard to carry anything with my back the way it is. “ Karasu took the bag and helped the lady home with her groceries. The old lady thanked her and Karasu went on her way. She now was running a bit late because of the detour but it was worth it.

She got to the school and walked around the large auditorium. Karasu looked at the outside wall of the auditorium. There were racks with different types of weapons on it. Karasu was amazed though of course she didn’t need a weapon. She had her trusty sword and had a feeling she would get some lessons on using it. She needed all the help she could get. She heard a bark and saw Kashikoi running up to her licking her. “Hey boy” she said as she was happy to see him too. She walked toward Jirou and then saw that it was Manzo Sensei who was going to teach the class. “Hey Jirou and Manzo Sensei.” she said, greeting them. “I can’t wait for the start of class.” she looked around wondering if anyone else was going to come.

[WC: 474 /1500]
[PC: ⅕ ]
[MFT]

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Not long after Karasu arrives, Kuren enters the large auditorium. It seems like it was not that long ago since the three of them met at the ramen shop in the oak district. However this time she would be in her normal attire: brown jacket over a leotard, hiking boot, gloves and a helmet that looks like it belongs to a miner. Kuren knew that this was to be taijutsu class and thus she brought her ‘weapon’ which goes with her look quite well. Tied to her back was a pickaxe and though most people would not classify this as a weapon, they might say otherwise for this one. The shear appearance of the thing says there is something more to it.

Made_in_Abyss_08_04.jpg

(Picture of Pickaxe for reference)
Once inside Kuren takes a look around as she did not expect there to be a gallery of weaponry on display. Kuren was a self-proclaimed archaeologist and could not help but treat this like a museum. Most of them were made within the past five years, however she did seem some that looked to be the early civil war era. Her eyes grow big as they fell upon an old looking katana. “No, this can’t be.” She carefully picks up the weapon of the rack and unsheathes the blade. Looking at the bottom of the blade by the hilt she sees an insignia. “Oh my goddess, it is! This is from the prohibition era. The blacksmith that made this was executed for openly practicing the shinobi arts during the banned.” This sword was hundreds of years old and still in excellent condition.

Kuren was being a little loud with her discovery and was likely drawing a lot of attention to herself. Realizing that was getting excited over something no one would likely get, embarrassment sank in. She sheaths the blade and puts the sword back on the rack. With nervous laughter she joins the group around the teacher. “Sorry about that. I’m a little bit of a history buff.”

[WC: 331 /1500]
[MFT]

Uchiha Hinata

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
Hinata was wandering through the halls of the academy, heading off to partake in another class being teached by Manzo Sensei. He rubbed his eyes as he was rather nervous. Wondering if he will lose control. Something he would want to avoid at all costs possible. Not wanting to hurt his friends but at the same time to get as strong as possible. Something he desperatly wanted was a family, and he got that, not wanting to lose anyone close to him. He made a vow to get even stronger then how he is now, Wanting to practice more Shinobi arts possible, being able to practice his ninjutsu some more, Haaving a good mastery over them but not how to use them in a practical sense.

Walking down the halls as he tried to calm down abit. soon he would make his way to the classrooms, where the class was said to be being held. He was hoping that Karasu would be there again. Soon stepping inside, seeing Karasu. Being his closest friend and more like a sibling to him. The familiar boy with the canine, not quite sure who he is as he also sees someone new, someone that looked nice enough. His uchiha blood was burning, he excelled at most due to the prestige of the uchiha, walking in as the new girl can see the Uchiha crest on the back of his kimono, his geta sandles making quite abit of noise as he stepped. Smiling as he got a chance to learn beside his best friends once more.

Inari Shiren

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
E
Taijutsu! Though he was usually more interested in the various, extraordinary ways chakra could be molded and utilized, he knew that close quarters combat was a ninja's bread and butter. To be deficient in taijutsu was to be deficient as a shinobi, as far as he was concerned. And what better taijutsu teacher was there than one of the legendary Sannin? He could scarcely contain his excitement at the prospect of being taught anything by one of the Leaf's finest ninja!

Thus, he had rushed through an early breakfast of some cereal and milk before his brothers had even woken up, thrown on a green shirt, black pants and his scant amount of gear, and was rushing to the front door before he was stopped by a familiar silhouette.

His father, a lean, yet well-muscled man with short black hair and greying sideburns named Hizan, blocked the way to the door with a smile and something behind his back. "Gotta hand it to you son, I don't think I was ever close to being as eager as you to go to class at your age, Sannin or no Sannin."

"Daaaaad!" yelled the boy with excited, playful exasperation. Maybe it just came with being a Jonin, but his dad always seemed to have a sixth sense for what Shiren was doing at all times, and the speed to intercept him with ease. "I gotta gooo, I don't wanna be late for Manzo-sensei! I gotta learn everything and graduate and go on missions already! Kato-kun keeps telling me about all the cool stuff he does as a Chuunin, I gotta get there quick!"

"In due time, in due time. But...if you're going to a Sannin's class, I think you've just about graduated from that bamboo sword you've been learning with so far. Here."

He revealed what he'd been holding behind his back: it was a small sword, seemingly made for a child of Shiren's age, inside of an ornate holster.

"Your three brothers all got their turn with this ninjato, as did I when I was a budding shinobi, way too many years ago for my liking," he said with a chuckle. "But I think you've grown enough to wield it now...this bad boy'll serve you well, I promise."

Words couldn't express the amount of joy and excitement bubbling inside the young student as he took the ninjato into his hands, carefully drawing it and admiring the blade before returning it to its scabbard. It was a little scuffed from use, likely from his youngest older bro's intense sword training, but it still gleamed in the sunlight filtering in from outside. "Ho...I...I can't believe this, dad, th-thank you!"

Kneeling down, Hizan helped fasten the holster to Shiren's belt properly, before giving it a pat. "You can save the thanks for after class. Now, go get 'em, tiger!"

Rushing into the auditorium to see some fellow students waiting for the class to begin, he slipped up to the front at their respectful distance and bowed to Manzo. "Inari Shiren, reporting for class and ready to learn, sensei!"

[WC: 507 /1500]
[MFT]

Kato Hana

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Manzo ignored the students as they came in, he continued with his slow kata. It wasn’t as if he needed to limber up his muscles but it just felt good. It was moving meditation and anytime he was dealign with students he felt it was smart to start in a calm state. Partially when shart things were going to be flung around the room.

As the last student came in he finished his kata and stood before them. The point of his strange looking sword was not as long as a katana and had a anthropomorphic handle. The blade was covered in a knotwork design, but what made it interesting was the fact it was entirely made of wood.

”Some of ou may know me, other do not. My name is Manzo and today we are going to be taking a look at Taijutsu.” he did not waste time giving a long introduction speech. This was a bit larger of a class than his last one and he wanted to get right down to it.

”Now I dont’ know what kind of experience you have with Taijutsu but that is the point of the academy to give you exposure to everything. If you already have a foundation than that is great you will be one up on the rest of the class for the next step but if you have never spared before don’t worry. You will get better.

All around this room are racks of weapons, these are just basic weapons. I want you to walk around and find something that feels right.“
He waved his hands to indicate he wanted them to move.

”When you are picking a weapon it is important to keep in mind your primary strength. If you need your hands free to be able to perform handsigns then make sure it is something your hands can work with while still doing handsings. If you like to overpower your enemies then find something that will play to that strength. If you would prefer to sit in the back and throw things at people… well those weapons are here too.“

WC 556
2/5

*note: please keep a running total of your word count in classes

Last edited:
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Jirou smiled to Karasu when he saw her being herded over towards him by Kashikoi. Reaching down he pets his pup before standing back up again, "I am really looking forward to the class. I thought you would be here before me. Your dad said you had already left for the class. Did something happen?" He asked her with a tone of concern. He saw Hinata and Kuren from the ramen shop as well as someone else whose name he did not yet know.

Jirou looked towards the instructor once he spoke up to those who were assembled. He was all for getting better and more skilled while he listened. His first impression of the man was that he was not one to waste words preferring to get to the point. That was good because Jirou took his training seriously. He looked forward to getting right down to training. Once the instructor told them that they should choose a weapon, Jirou headed over to where he indicated. He had seen Karasu's sword and hoped to one day have a sword of his own. That would have to wait for him to save up and pay for one to be made. For now it was only a dream. He made his way straight to the table that held every manner of sword imaginable. It was here that he started to look them over one by one. Picking up a katana he held it in his hand by the hilt. He was testing the 'feel' of it and the weight, as he moved it slowly in a figure eight motion.

Jirou's thoughts drift to an earlier time when he would watch his father practice with his own katana. It was a beautiful weapon and Jirou sat transfixed while he watched him. His father called him over and talked to him about how the sword would someday be his. He explained that the sword is an extension of the ninja who wields it. The sword must be treated with respect. His father let him hold it in his hands and he noticed immediately the feel of it in his hands. At that time he noticed that his hand wrapped around the hilt quite easily though the overall weight was heavy to the five year old. His father smiled and took the sword from him promising that in time he would teach him how to wield it properly. Jirou had to wonder if the bandits had taken that as well or what had become of it. Perhaps one day he would find out. For now he needed to focus on his training.​

Jirou settled on a katana to use for training. He liked the feel of it in his hand as he practiced a figure eight with it in his hand while he waited for the instructor to continue. Looking over towards Karasu he was curious to see what she was doing. He knew that she had been training longer than he had and it pushed at his competitive nature. He didn't want to get left behind. So he would train hard and catch up. He looked over towards Hinata still not sure what to make of him. This class would be a good chance to observe his skills and fighting style. That would be a start to getting to know him, especially since they both lived in the same place with Hiro and Karasu.​

[WC: 569]
[TWC: 1020/1500]
[PC: ⅖ ]

Last edited:
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
As she headed toward Jirou with Kashikoi in tow she looked puzzled at first from Jirou’s question. She did leave before him but remembered she made a detour. She scratched her head for a moment then said “Oh yea!” She grinned then continued to speak. “There was this little old lady with a bad back. She was carrying a bag of groceries and I saw that it was difficult for her, so I offered to help her. I helped her all the way to her home. That’s why I came here after you did. The old lady’s home was the opposite direction of the academy. “ She grinned as she gave Kashikoi some attention.

For a short time only Jirou and herself were the only students to arrive but just when she thought that was all the students for the class she saw a girl wearing a leotard with a brown jacket over it. She recognized the girl as Kuren from the restaurant. The girl who liked history and archaeology from what Karasu could remember. Unlike the time she met her at the restaurant Kuren was wearing what looked like a pickaxe on her back. Karasu that was strange but then she remembered the girl liked to dig things up which was why she was fascinated with history. Karasu waved to her as she noticed someone else was coming to the class as well.

Her friend Hinata who lived with her along with Jirou and Kashikoi. She smiled toward him but also watched him because the boy recently had an incident with his eyes that alarmed her. She hoped all was resolved. Another boy came right after Hinata. This boy Karasu didn’t know. The boy seemed to be full of vigor and enthusiasm. Karasu smiled then waited to see if Manzo Sensei was ready to start the class. This was a much bigger class than the previous one she was in with Manzo Sensei. She knew Taijtusu would be a popular class. The prospect of actually sparring was something that a lot of students looked forward to.

Karasu listened when Manzo Sensei finally addressed them. He was straight and to the point which she knew from her previous class with him. She had sparred before but it was nothing to write home about. She knew she had to keep training so that she could get stronger. Manzo Sensei told the students to pick a weapon, one that feels right to them. Karasu already knew that her sword that her father made was right for her. It was as if the sword was a part of her. She just needed more experience in using it. Instead she watched as the other students went to pick their weapons.

She reached toward her back and unsheathed her sword. It was a katana, the design of the hilt was silver and black with a purple gem in the middle. Her father made the sword for her when she was four years old on one of the happiest and worst days of her life. That was the day her mother died and she and her father had to flee the village. Karasu shook her head not wanting to think of the memory at this time. No, she had to think of positive thoughts and her goal for justice. She looked over at Jirou and noticed he picked a katana too. She smiled wondering if he was any good with a sword. She had never asked him. She made a mental note to ask him later. She turned to Manzo Sensei waiting for him to resume the class once all the other students had picked out their weapons.

[WC: 611]
[TWC: 1079 /1500]
[PC: ⅖]

(This class is before being promoted to Genin)

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Kuren’s taijutsu knowledge so far was self-taught through reading books on the topic. She does know the concept of taijutsu and has a somewhat grasp on how things are done, but she never sparred in her life. She knew that this is what the academy was for, but she hopes she is not the only one this inexperienced. Kuren could not help from eyeing the others. She was pretty sure at least two of them had a foundation. The teacher directs their attention to the weapons around them and encourages his students to find a weapon that ‘feels right.’ Kuren was tempted to ignore this order and use her pickaxe. It was a tool she knew how to use and has experience with. Kuren thought JIrou would be an unarmed combat type, but she sees him going for a katana.

Kuren decided that she would give some of these weapons a try. She first went for a war hammer as it would have a similar motion to her pickaxe. Unfortunately she did not factor the extra weight it would have. The head of the hammer fell to the ground with a hard thud and she found she could not lift the weapon back to its spot.

Now aware of her physical strength, she then goes to the light weight projectile weapons. She tries to throw one kunai as a test, but end up losing her grip on the back swing. Luckily she did not hit anyone and retrieves the kunai. On her second try she got it to go in the forward direction, though it landed short of what she was targeting. To be honest she was not really feeling this weapon and puts it back on the rack.

Kuren hopes she is not slowing down the class with her inability to find a weapon that fits her. She was about to give up and just go with her pickaxe when she saw something interesting out of the corner of her eye. It looked like a student hung up on the wall like some sort of prank. However as she got closer and touches it, she could tell it was not human. She takes the boy like figure off the walk and inspects it.

She read about puppetry, but never really tried it. To form strings of chakra to manipulate an inanimate object was an intriguing process. Kuren lets her chakra flow from her finger tips and condenses them into strands. She would awkwardly attach the strings to the puppet and something weird happens. She was unsure how to explain it. It was like some hidden power revealing itself. “Is this what it is like to awaken a genkai?” The Teacher said to pick a weapon that feels ‘right.’ At this moment it felt more than just right.

Kuren expected her first time controlling a puppet to be different than this. She expected jagged movement as she pulled various strings, but it moved absolutely fluidly. “Is puppetry this easy for everyone?” Kuren was not even pulling on the strings and yet it moved to her will. Kuren wore a very confused look, though a hint of joy was in there. This puppet was less like a tool and more like an extension of herself. The puppet was like an extra appendage in how it moved. She was controlling it but not completely on a conscious level. “This is amazing. Simply amazing.” She would surely ask if it were possible for her to keep the weapon after the class was over.

Kuren would walk back to the teacher with her puppet tailing not too far behind. “My apologies for taking so long. I never wielded a proper weapon before, but I must say this one feels natural.” With how quickly she took to puppetry one would likely think she was either lying right now or a prodigy in puppetry.

[WC: 648]
[TWC: 979/1500]

[also thinking of using this post as an application for Demonic Ancestry]

Kato Hana

Yen
ASP
Deaths
**I will be posting no later than Monday. I didn't declare it at the beginning but a week of waiting should be enough. If you do not post before me you will be skipped. Do not worry about posting order**

Last edited:

Uchiha Hinata

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
For once in his life hinata was not that nervous when meeting someone knew, looking around at all the weapons as he never really though that what kind of weapon he should use besides hand to hand combat. He wasnt so good at taijutsu himself and more excelled at Ninjutsu. He wondered for abit as the most likely choice for him is to pick of how to wield a sword. Unsure if now was a good time to start, he decided to go without a weapon. Relying on his body instead of a weapon as if he couldnt trust his body in combat, how can he trust a weapon.

Hinata remembered all he just went through, the struggle he had with his eyes. Not wanting to repeat that he knew he had to restrain himself with the usage. Not wanting to end up like last time, he knew the best for him to learn is by sheer combat, but not fully trusting himself with his kekkei genkai.

Remembering his past didnt get him as mad anymore but however, It made him more determined, using such to motivate himself to get stronger, He didnt want to fail, He didn't want to lose those he cared about. Looking towards karasu and Jirou, two of his friend he didnt want to lose. He knew he didnt have much of a choice but to get stronger. Soon Closing his eyes to imagined what combat would be like with them, If he were to spar again Karasu without Ninjutsu, bare handed he wouldnt stand much of a chance. Aware of her prowess with a sword.

She was definatly someone he could beat with taijutsu alone and he knew that and Jirou had his pup with him, he might stand more of a chance against him but he wasnt so sure of himsell

[wc = 304
[TWC 564]
[2/5]
[MFT]

Inari Shiren

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
E
Now that Shiren was situated, he could more clearly see who had showed up for this class. He could see what had to be Manzo-sensei performing rhythmic movements with his sword on the auditorium's stage. Most of the people in attendance he didn't recognize...a black haired boy in a kimono that hadn't said anything since he'd arrived, a light-haired girl, and another boy with what looked like a small, wolf-like puppy doing his utmost to satisfy the dual urges of exploring his surroundings and protecting his master's ankles all at once. The only person he did recognize was Ha Kuren, having met her a bit earlier in Kitsune Park; he gave her a friendly wave as he walked closer to where everyone was gathered.

"One heck of an opportunity, I gotta say," he said cheerfully about the situation as he put his best foot forward with everyone else. However, he wouldn't get much of a chance to continue socializing as Manzo-sensei would soon be introducing themselves and instructing the class to pick their weapons.

Instinctively he laid his hand on the hilt of the small katana, the ninjato that his father had given him, at his belt. He'd been training with a bamboo facsimile of this weapon for a couple years by now. Though he was by no means a natural at taijutsu, and he still had much to learn, being the youngest of four brothers had often pushed him into quite a few friendly and not-so-friendly spars with his siblings, who along with his highly experienced father had taught him a great deal about taijutsu and, specifically, kenjutsu. He could probably perform decently enough if he stuck to it, maybe even enough to impress the sennin in the room next to him.

But at the same time...Manzo-sensei had also mentioned the academy was meant to give the students exposure to everything, and everything included everything that wasn't in Shiren's comfort zone. He sheathed the plain, but valuable (at least to him, being a family heirloom) ninjato and went over to the racks. He scanned them, seeing polearms, staves, clubs, nunchaku, kunai, shuriken, even bows and arrows...but a rather strange looking weapon caught his eye.

It was a small sickle, attached at the base to a heavy weight, with a long chain in between them. It was a weapon he would eventually learn was called a kusarigama; the edges were blunted for training purposes, but this strange contraption still looked positively wicked. Definitely seemed like it'd be fun to use. And if he was too out of his depth, he could always just go back to what he knew. But not before giving it the old college try.

"Uh..." he muttered, turning back to the class, taking in Ha Kuren's incredible talent for maneuvering puppets with a whistle of amazement as he picked up the weapon, giving the weight an experimental twirl by the chain. "Uh....what's this thing?"

[WC: 484]
[TWC: 991/1500]

Kato Hana

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Manzo watched as his students started to look through the racks, some were happy with what they brought other needed to find something. He was glad that some decided to experiment, something Manzo himself needed to do more of with weapons.

Seeing the one playing with a puppet he inwardly groaned. Seeing anyone use a puppet made him think of Puppy, the yappy student that he should have crushed. It was the one time he wished had, but hearing about him since Manzo got back is the only reason he had this.

”No puppets are not that easy for everyone. In fact I have no skill wielding them myself. I know enough about them for when I have to fight them, but knowing how to deal with them and being able to use them are two very different things. Also no that is not what what awakening a Kekkei Genkai usually feels like. Out of the three I have awakened in my life time, two were filled with screams, one caused me to look like this “ indicated the burns scars that covered half his face and his exposed left hand. ”But one was actually pretty peaceful.

But enough of that, we are not hear to talk about Kekei Genkai but instead taijutsu. Now that you all have picked a weapon, and that is a kusarigama“
He answered the boys question. ”It is designed for primary mid ranged combat but can be pulled in for close range.“

Turning back to the rest he continued. ”It dosn’t matter what you have chosen, the fundamentals are all the same. I may not have experience with the particular weapon you have picked, “ he gave a head nod to Kuren ”or if you picked a sword, similar to what I have. The first thing you must do is make the weapon an extension of yourself. This is not just a piece of wood“ He held up his own sword. ”This is a meter extension to my arm and despite it being wood.“ he spun swinging the sword and cut a nearby training dummy in half ”It is part of me and act as any other weapon. In fact my wooden blade is strong enough to go against a steel sword, as long as it is in my hands.“

He performed some hand signs and several clones grew out of the ground. ”The first thing I want you to do is get some space between you and just move around. Swing your weapon, make it dance attack a clone if you want to do something dumb, as long as you don’t hurt yourself or others, that you didn’t think you could do with the weapon. You will not make the weapon apart of yourself today but I want you to start to get a feel of it.“

**Notes* Feel free to spar with a clone. Don’t god mode it (always hit it) but feel free to control it because I am lazy and don’t want to have 5 different RP spars
**Don’t worry about posting order
**if not everyone has posted after 7 days I will skip you and continue the class.

WC 1051
3/5
MFT

**edit: while I said don't god mode it, you can hit the clones if you want. Feel free to make it into a quick RP spar where you are the only one writing, like you would in a SSM**

Last edited:
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Jirou listened closely to what Manzo was saying. He motioned for Kashikoi to move closer to him when the clones started to appear. He could sense that even attacking Manzo’s clone would not be the smartest move given his current level of experience. What he and Kashikoi did first was to move away from the others. He knew that their maneuvers needed some space anyway and he didn’t want to be running into and possibly injuring a classmate.​
Jirou was quick on his feet and the feel of the katana felt good in his hands. As he moved Kashikoi followed the movement of his feet and he practiced swinging and jabbing at the clone not even trying to strike the clone just yet, but more practicing at coordinating his movements. Backing away quickly as the clone pressed forward towards him. His eyes were on Kashikoi as well who mirrored his movements in his own way. Instinctively as the clone pressed forward to strike at him, Jirou held the sword and blocked the strike. He didn’t even think about it, just raised the katana to block the strike, planting his feet firmly on the ground to keep his balance. Kashikoi leaped up and attempted to clamp down on the clone's private parts in the hopes of distracting him and maybe causing the clone some pain in the process. Jirou was not even sure if clones even felt pain but it was worth a shot. He had not expected Kashikoi to do ‘that’ move but he did know that the pup was very protective of him and on seeing a threat to his person he would act instinctively to protect him.​
As Jirou backed away quickly Kashikoi followed, getting some distance between them and the clone. He was still learning movements and was in no hurry to strike offensively at a far more experienced clone. The clone kept a distance watching the boy’s movements. Jirou was quick on his feet and he let the katana swing as though it was an extension of his arm. He had paid attention when the instructor had said that the weapon was an extension of his arm. The moves that Jirou did showed that. This sword would bite down on opponents just as Kashikoi sang his teeth into an opponent. There was a sort of lethal purity in it and slowly he could feel his strikes and jabs becoming more confident and not as clumsy as they were at first. This was quite the workout as he and the clone sparred back and forth. This exercise was pushing the boy and his dog Kashikoi to their limits.​
[WC: 441]​
[TWC: 1461/1500]​
[PC: ⅗ ]​
[MFT]​

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Karasu waited for the class to begin. She was eyeing everyone and seeing what type of weapon they picked. She had to admit there were some interesting choices among her classmates. Kuren chose a puppet which surprised Karasu. She had heard of puppet masters from her father who was a former ninja of the Sand Village. Though he wasn’t a puppet master he mentioned that the Sand Village had many ninja who used puppet mastery techniques. Manzo Sensei was ready to start and Karasu turned to listen to what he had to say. He mentioned he had three kekkei genkai. She blinked fast at that but the subject was changed since Manzo Sensei had moved on to what they were going to do next.

She listened intently as Manzo Sensei said to think of the weapon as an extension of themselves. She knew that already because that is what her father had told her too when he made her sword for her. She watched as he spun a wooden sword. He said it was strong enough to go against a steel blade. Karasu got excited as she continued to listen. She watched as Manzo Sensei performed some hand signs. After he made the hand signs shapes started to form from the ground. She remembered this from her last class with him. She saw perfect clones of him. All were each of the students' opponents. Karasu gulped because of the last time she faced the clones she didn’t have to fight them. Still she would take the previous lesson and apply it to here. Karasu had her sword in her hand. She watched as Jirou and Kashikoi started to spread out. She did so too, finding a good spot to avoid getting too close to other students while they are training.

Karasu swung her sword around in different types of strokes to get a good feel of her weapon. She moved her feet keeping her balance and trying not to think too much as she did it. She wanted the movement to come naturally. “I am Hageshi Seigi. We are one.” she said as she breathed in and out keeping a strong focus. Now she was ready to face the clone. The clone started to run at her with a quickness that made Karasu more alert than she was a moment ago. “So fast,” she said trying to keep her eyes on the clone. At this particular time she wished she had Hinata’s Sharingan, but she had to do with what she had.

Though she never thought of herself as fast herself, she did start at a run but not directly at the Clone. She was trying to run around the clone in circles waiting for an opening. The clone stopped and watched for a while as the young girl was running around it. Karasu picked up as much speed as she could then when she felt the time was right she leaped at the clone with a jolt to hopefully catch the fake Manzo by surprise. Both hands were on her sword as she came down trying to attack the clone with a downward strike. Of course the clone would probably be able to get out of it but Karasu wanted to get a good attack in hoping that she could actually get a hit on fake Manzo Sensei.

[WC: 559]
[TWC: 1638 /1500]
[PC: ⅗ ]
[MFT]

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
The teacher tells them to give each other some room for the real class was about to start. Manzo summons clones with each student having a sparring partner. Kuren obeys the teacher’s words but she was quite visibly nervous. She has been in fights before, but rarely won and even rarer against an accomplished shinobi. Be it a clone or the real thing, she felt weak just the same. Kuren takes a deep breath in attempt to calm her nerves and hoped that her new found talent was up for the task at hand.

Suddenly the puppet would charge at the clone with a furry of blows. Though the puppets movements were fluid, the attacks it yielded were sloppy. The clone did not even bother to draw its sword. It could easily read every punch as it came and dodged or parried every strike. The clone then kicks the puppet aside and does the obvious move when facing a puppeteer: He charges towards the wielder, Kuren, hand on the hilt.

Kuren’s Puppet recovers quickly from the kick and was hot on the clone’s heels. She just needed the puppet to run a little bit faster. The teacher would stop right in front of Kuren and her puppet leaps to tackle him. The clone was within range to attack, but instead he crouches down to the ground. “Oh sh…” Kuren did not even have time to finish her statement, much less correct the puppet’s trajectory. Instead of grabbing the teacher, Kuren was pounced by her own attack. The concept of some using her own weapon against her, never accrued to her until now.

Kuren now lays on the ground and puppet on top of her with its arms wrapped around her chest in a hug. She raises a hand and with a painful gasp, “I yield.” Kuren then takes another breath for a question. "Is there no way to cast ninjutsu with puppet drawn?"

[WC: 322]
[TWC: 1301/1500]
[PC: ⅗ ]

[Edit: I added in that last question. Thought it might be a good think to ask.]

Last edited:

Uchiha Hinata

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
Hinata looked at the training partner he had to practice with, not really that excited about such as he wasnt confident in his taijutsu skill to be able to fight without having his guard up high. Soon taking a stance as he was prepared to fight with everything he got. Only probelm is he only knows Few Taijutsu, Dynamic entry the only good one he has in his possession. A good lesson to learn as to not rely on ninjutsu and his kekkei genkai all the time, knowing as if he does, he can risk losing his sight all together.

Taking a stance as he remembered his training, the sparing partner not reacting as such till he made the first move. Soon he ran up to his and proceeded to do a flying kick known as the Dynamic Entry. Flying at him as the dummy soon dodged it with ease. Grabbing his ankle and throwing him to the wall as before he hit it hard, he spun as to jump off the wall and land on the ground. The partner soon running at him, to attack, not relying on his sharingan he tried to dodge the attack but instead got hit in the face and kicked in the got being thrown across the room, clearly out of his element.

Struggling abit as he soon got to his feet, coughing alot as his kick was hard, not strong enough to hurt him badly tho as his cheek started to swell. Gritting his teeth as he kept on trying, Making a serpentine movement to confuse the training partner as he tried to attack from the side, getting a good punch in but soon his arm was grabbed, finding a knee into his gut and thrown once more, this time hitting the wall with a loud bang. Hunching over abit as he couldn't get up quite yet, seeing the partner stand there, reacting to him as he takes the time to catch his breath, being literally beaten out of him almost along with his breakfest. Breathing deeply and calmly as soon he stood up, Struggling to keep standing as that didnt take long to pass. Soon running up to him and using his speed, ran around the dummy in a random motion, getting abit dizzy but as he attack he managed to get in a good hit into the back, as with a good combo he sent the dummy flying abit, but not as much.

He was quite proud knowing his taijutsu skills werent good as soon while his back is turned he ran up for another dynamic entry attack. Running and proceeding as the dummy turned around, his foot being smashed into his face. Sending him streight into the wall, as he jumped backwards landing quite safe.

[wc = 562
[TWC 1125]
[3/5]
[MFT]

Kato Hana

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Manzo walked amongst the students as they spared giving subtle corrections and pointers as he did. He approached the boy and his pup, Jirou and Kashikoi sparing with a sword. It was simple for him to help with this as the sword was once one of his preferred methods of taijutsu, that and simple unarmed combat. He corrected the boys form, a subtle move of the foot, the angle of the arm. It wouldn’t be long before Jirou had mastered the sword at this rate, if he kept at it.

Moving onto the girl with the sword that hadn’t bothered to introduce herself. He had never commented on this nor had he taken the time to tell them to introduce themselves. This was a hands on class and names weren't needed. He watched as she tried an overhand cut with the sword on the clone, it connected but that wasn’t the point. He stepped up to her and the clone stepped back. ”This is a katana not something to chop wood with. Instead let your chakra flow through the weapon as if it were your own hands.You need to feel it and be apart of it. Don’t try and match for speed, you can only go as fast as you can go, trust me as someone who was a lot faster I know the limitations of speed. Instead if someone is charging you, let them waste their energy and come at you. This gives you the chance to see an opening while they are trying to stay protected and move. What you have in your hands is just a really sharp really long fingernail. It needs to be apart of you. “

He moved on to the puppet wielding girl. It seemed that she had over estimated the ease of the puppets. Gently he took the puppet from her and made it dance a bit. Nothing spectacular just enough to get the puppet moving. Then he spoke loud enough for everyone to hear him. ”This is a good point. Not always will you want to use Taijutsu when wielding a weapon, and a puppet is a weapon just like any other. There are two basic ways you can wield Ninjutsu while wielding a weapon. The first is to become so nimble and intune with your weapons that your hands can still form the handsigns, or you form them one handed. The second way“ At this point his fingers started to move ”is to master your Ninjutu so well that you can work the handsigns around the weapon.“ as he finished the sentence his hands finished moving and he reversed the gravity around himself, forcing his feet to fly towards the ceiling, all the while keeping the puppet doing its dance. He kept it up for a few seconds then canceled the jutsu and landed on the floor. His voice returned to a more conversational tone as he gave the puppet back to her. ”Puppets are about surprise and stealth. They are full of traps and great for medium to long range. Trying to use it to draw your opponent in then hit them with a surprise, less like just a ranged version of your body. I know that goes against what I was trying to teach but with puppets I like to think of them more of an extension of your mind then your arm. “

With that he moved on to Hinata. He watched the boy for a bit then walked over to a chest and got out a bundle and dropped it before the boy. It was a leg and arm wraps. ”Since you want to use your body then work on training your body for a fight. Since you chose not to pick a weapon to make an extension of your body use these to harden your body. These are weighted which will make the class harder but will help you in the long run. I wore something similar to this when I was able to open my chakra gates and it does wonderful things for your speed.

The kick you are doing is good an has a lot of power but it needs range to do it right. Practice next by staying in close, even if you have to stay on defense.“

He looked to the class again.

”You are doing well but now I want you to work on not attacking but stickly defense. Your goal is to not get hit by the clones“

**Notes* Feel free to spar with a clone. Don’t god mode it (always hit it) but feel free to control it because I am lazy and don’t want to have 5 different RP spars. Feel free to make it into a quick RP spar where you are the only one writing, like you would in a SSM
**Don’t worry about posting order
**if not everyone has posted after 7 days I will skip you and continue the class.
** feel free to ask questions in character as well.

WC 1817/1500
4/5
MFT

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Karasu was in the air about to strike down on the fake Manzo Sensei. Her arms were motining down hoping she could make contact and to her surprise it did, but not strong enough to make the impact she wanted. The clone who had a kunai in his hand had blocked her attack and kicked Karasu back. The young academy student found herself flying back but was able to land on her feet due to her quick reflexes. Just then the real Manzo Sensei appeared close to her. She stopped and listened to the wise words that the Jounin had to say.

He mentioned letting her chakra flow through the weapon. She frowned because she thought she did that but understood that maybe she just needed more focus so she can be more insync with her sword. She nodded then said “Yes Manzo Sensei.” Her mind thought about what he said. ‘Not to match it with speed, let them come at her and use their actions against them. ‘ A smile crept on her face as she believed that she understood what Manzo Sensei was saying. Luckily she was a quick learner. She glanced at Jirou and Kashikoi for a moment watching him with his pup. She was impressed with how he was using a sword. She returned her attention back to her clone. She began a moving meditation meant to calm herself and help her focus and seek balance while alert to her surroundings. Unlike a regular meditation where you are in a still position, she was able to move around. She could feel the chakra flow within her and her focus went to her katana. As she did this the fake Manzo Sensei came at her once again with kunai in hand. It swung at her several times which backed Karasu up. She was letting him on purpose making it seem like he got the academy student under durress. That was far from the truth. Karasu shifted her feet to keep her balance and in a stance ready to see when there was an opening. The clone kept swinging the kunai at her, each time Karau would block the kunai repeatedly. She was studying the clone in each step he took.

After several blocks and parries, a glint in her eyes appeared as she saw the opening she needed. Karasu feinted doing an upward horizontal move with her sword toward the Fake Manzo’s upper body, hoping to lure the clone in that direction. She saw the clone starting to move his kunai toward her katana to block his upper body but Karasu quickly changed directions as she shifted her feet to give her a more solid and direct chance to be able to slice her katana toward the lower body. Everything happened so fast as Karasu’s blade slashed at the abdomen and connected. Her big blue eyes widened but was determined to keep at it. Though she was able to put a hit on the clone it wasn’t enough to defeat him. He was strong even if he was a clone. Karasu was well aware of this but she thought at least she was able to surprise it with getting a strike in. She knew she was capable of doing it again as long as she continued to keep her focus and balance without getting ahead of herself. She didn’t need to use speed like Sensei said; instead she used her quick reflexes and thinking. She knew that if she was going to have a chance against the clone then it was her strengths that were going to allow her to succeed. Her sword was becoming one with her and she could feel it.

[WC: 615]]
[TWC: 2253 /1500]
[PC: ⅘ ]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back