Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Fire burns brighter in the dark [Requesting Anbu]

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Bloop...

The sound of water dripping in the distance could be heard echoing endlessly throughout the darkness. Kaen attempted to move through the dark hallways of the complex, he could the dampness in the air. In the darkness ahead, his hands could feel a moist liquid he could only hope was water seeping through what seemed to be a rocky wall to his side. Kaen turned around believing he might have heard something behind him, only to be blinded by the sunlight outside of this odd place. He wanted to return to the light, however, the light was safe, and the darkness beyond his senses were intriguing. He had to continue deeper into this darkness. He must heed the warning, one must keep an eye on the light. But there were no lights within...

The dank and musty air hung thick in the air, attempting to rob Kaen of his precious oxygen. The taste was ripe with unpleasantries coupled with a hint of metal... Iron perhaps? A soft squeak alerted him to the presence of either mice or bats. The chilly draft sent shivers down his spine. Which for him was a difficult feat to accomplish given his hot blooded nature. Having gone far enough in to lose the assistance of the light outside, Kaen procured a miniature flame within his palm to help guide him through the cavernous entrance.

What initially looked like an abandoned mine shaft or cave of some sort, this place was quickly revealing itself to be much more than something so plain and typical. What first was rocks and dirt for walls had now turned into rounded cold brick. The floor had also transitioned from muddy soil to a hard stone surface. The hallway became narrow and less random like the rocky cave like tunnel he was just in. But this too led him to another strange area. His footsteps echoed throughout the area as his feet came into contact with a metal surface. Covered in a dark red rust, the metal gave way to an industrial looking area. Kaen held his light out to get a better look at his surroundings. The metal pathway appeared to be a dead end as the path simply gave way to a seemingly endless pit of darkness.

It was then that he saw it... A pair of luminous eyes peering back at Kaen from the depths within the pit...

[OOC - Topic entered, attempting to acquire Anbu/AiT]

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Episode 1: 'Venturing Towards the Darkness'| ANBU Corps Arc said:
[col]From the depths of the pit a figure would begin to race up the side of the wall. Through magic for the civilian world, but very clearly an application of chakra on the soles of the feet. It was by far a simple trick but the ANBU just wanted to climb out of the recesses of the pit he had found himself in. His red glowing eyes were an obvious giveaway that he was not only present but approaching. In a frantic pace, the man dressed in all black would finally land before Kaen. The metal structure they stood upon would creak and groan with the addition of new weight. The ANBU Captain stood at slightly over six foot tall and had a weight advantage on the figure before him. The red eyes now gave way to the 'face' of the individual before Kaen; a metallic skull that would let out a hiss of exhaust before an altered voice echoed from the figure.

"Why have you ventured this far into the darkness..."

There were only so many reasons as to why someone would come here, and with his current track record he had an idea as to why this young man was here. Still, never hurt to ask. He would not take any more steps forward, and his frame would almost be frozen in place. Any silence between his question and the inevitable response would be filled with the sounds of dripping water, groaning metal and a faint echo from within the structure that seemed to be difficult to pinpoint from where and what was causing it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OOC:
MFT- 267
|
[legend="[glow=blue][b][size=5]Tenken[/size][/b][/glow]"]
7b90cce1f4be907312a0ace5db50709f2124b377_hq_zpsuiwnrfai.gif

Rank ANBU Captain
Epithet: Heavenly Punishment
Height: 6'2"
Build: Lean and Muscular
Blood Type: O Negative
ANBU Data
Stamina: 50,400
Chakra: 31,200
Power Level: 3600 [CL: 15]
Stamina: 600 / 600
Agility: 600 / 600
Ninjutsu: 600 / 600
Taijutsu: 600 / 600
Genjutsu: 600 / 600
Chakra Control: 600 / 600
Fight Data
WiPActionsWiPWeapon EquippedWiPMood MusicWiPMISC X
[/legend]​
[/col]

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
In an instant the luminous crimson eyes were upon him. The cloaked figure landed roughly onto the metal grate, having just sprinted up the wall, inducing a tremor that vibrated throughout the structure. The creaks and groans of the bowing and arching of the frame hinted at it's possible collapse. The glowing eyes peered down at him from his obvious stature difference, having almost an ambiguous effect. This individual was clearly bigger, stronger and for the time being, more intimidating. Not long after the abrupt landing, the metallic skull within his cloak spoke...

"Why have you ventured this far into the darkness..."

The plume of exhaust met Kaen's unblinking face and hung in the air for a split second before his response's breath disrupted the haze.

The cave you fear to enter holds the treasures you seek. I believe you are that treasure... More specifically, my key to that chest. I have ventured into this darkness because I seek something...

There were rumors that Kaen would have heard throughout the village. It was no secret that major villages often had secret military black ops organisations that would... help in the protection of their homeland, village and way of life. They were the elite of the elite, a group of powerful individuals capable of bring great change. Kaen had overheard some folks saying that this area may have been infested by ''Shady" characters. Not a bad cover for a secret underground facility, or at least a preclude to their secret club anyways. Kaen shifted his vision to focus directly into the gleaming eyes.

In the darkness, all men are equal... Save those who embrace it. That is my purpose, to seek out and embrace the darkness so that others may walk in the light uninhibited. Might someone of your... nature know of what I speak?

Kaen was talking a gamble at this point. For all he knew this guy was a thug and Kaen had just asked to join his gang. Though he was confident this was the place to go if he ever hoped of joining the ranks of the enigmatic elite Anbu black ops. Kaen would stay his ground, unflinching, unmoving... He needed to show that he wasn't messing around, that he had the guts to commit where others might choke and falter.

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Episode 2: 'Attraction to the Dark'| ANBU Corps Arc said:
[col]The metallic voice would let out a chuckle as he would shift his body slightly, turning his gaze back to the darkness he ascended from. Each move, regardless of how large or small, would cause a new chain of sounds and echoes to ring forth from the area.

"You are not the first one to venture away from the light due to an attraction to the dark. What can our ranks gain from you... why do you believe you are worthy enough to take a mask and serve the ANBU of Suna?"

This was not his first visitor, nor would it probably be his last. It seemed that each one came possessing something unique, something beneficial. So there was not only curiosity but some excitement as he wished to see if this individual could surprise him like some of those before him. While he only asked a couple of questions, this was very much a test. The first test in a long line if this man did happen to be accepted into the ANBU corps.

His figure would turn back to the person before him. The creaks and groans would begin once more as the red eyes of Tenken locked onto the young man. Appearance alone, he seemed to be qualified. He had good physical build and was older than some of his other recent recruits. There was potential, but this was more than just a beauty contest. There had to be some brains and some special skills portion to this competition. If there wasn't, why even screen those that wish to join?

The ball was now in Kaen's court. What would he do to prove his worth...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OOC:
MFT- 276
|

Rank ANBU Captain
ANBU Data
Fight Data
[/legend]​
[/col]
[/quote]

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The looming figure laughed at Kaen's response. Not one of disrespect but more along the lines of interest or curiosity. It was clear a test of skill was needed to determine Kaen's worth. A fine line separates a fighter from a warrior. One is motivated by reason and the other by purpose. One fights to live while the other lives to fight... The Anbu of Suna were warriors of the finest quality and Kaen aimed to become such a warrior. He wasn't given these abilities to squander them on senseless fights to survive, no, he was made this way for a purpose. If there was any one thing he was good at, this was it. The Anbu are the weapon of a village and Kaen was created to be such a thing, a weapon, intended to be used as such. No sense is let them go to waste. As the figure turned back to face Kaen once more, Kaen locked onto his gaze. He knew what he had to do...

I think I understand what you need from me... Here let me show you a trick...

Kaen began to form some seals and outreached his hand towards the figure. If this worked, surely it would be enough to prove his worth...

[If the genjutsu works]
With his hand reached out... Kaen brought to life a small flame into his palm.

Fire... so simple, yet beautiful. Do you see the fire burning behind my eyes? It's there if you look close enough. The burning will of my soul that fuels my font of power. This... this is what i bring to the table!

Kaen grasped his fist closed around the flame and extinguished is life. The air around them became distorted with heat waves as the temperature rose. Easily climbing over 100 degrees in just a few seconds. Quickly forming the necessary seals, Kaen stretched his palms towards the sky, or rather where the sky would be had they not been underground. His face clinched as he concentrated to create his next display of fireworks. A moment later, he had it. Kaen would grin as he threw his hands downward. For a split second it would seem as if nothing had happened. But just as that thought would come across his opponent's mind, a massive ball of white hot flames came crashing through the would be ceiling. The huge meteor created a powerful firestorm of insatiable flames that dared to consume the very being that was Tenken.

Kaen would already be standing atop the massive hole that his jutsu created, waiting outside for the man to follow him. They would continue this little "test" where they had more room to stretch.

[If the genjutsu fails]
With his hand reached out... Kaen would chuckle.

I would like to you show what I'm capable of, but i'm afraid I might end up blowing your clubhouse to tiny smoldering bits and pieces. To make it simple, what you have to gain from me is power. A living weapon, already possessing skill enough to take down just about anything. With my abilities and the Anbu training, I would be a priceless asset to what i'm sure is an already impressive armada.

He was so sure that his genjutsu would have worked... perhaps this guy was the sort to combat just that... he must have been prepared for clever tricks like that. Hopefully his words would do justice enough... Kaen would wait for a response, however good or bad it might be.

[Actions used: Mental Kombat Rank then (If in genjutsu) Heat wave Mastered and Solfire Tempest Mastered]

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Episode 3: 'This Fire Burns'| ANBU Corps Arc said:
[col]It seemed the young man was going to show him something, as a flame was produced within his hand. Little did Tenken know, he was already ensnared by the mental illusion of the man. If he had know that, he would have already grown quite annoyed with this person as he was weak in his defense against those pesky genjutsu. The flame would then be extinguished as the temperature would suddenly rise within the area. It was a trick very similar to a jutsu he had in his own arsenal; Heat Wave. With the small flame and now the rising temperature, Tenken was almost certain that this individual was going to resort to using fire jutsu, something he himself had a working knowledge of but was not his forte. There was a greater chance, if this person was wanting to show off their ability, that this element was their preferred one or at least one they felt highly confident about.

Then a ball of fire would rupture through the ceiling and come crashing towards him. It was now even more apparent, with the use of another jutsu that Tenken was familiar with, that this person favored the fire element. The raising heat and the lower ball of flames made just being within this portion of the building feel almost unbearable. Pushing off of the metal walkway, Tenken would lunge backwards into the pit, landing upon the wall and using chakra to affix himself to the metal structure instead of falling back into the darkness. The orb of fire would tear through the area they once stood, engulfing and consuming the metal walkway and lighting a path down into the depths that Tenken was once in. As the jutsu continued downward, Tenken's eyes would shoot upwards as the newcomer to the building was now standing within the hole he had just created, beckoning for the leadership figure in the branch to come forward.

Cheeky bastard... and he damaged my building, wait.... how did that...

The intrigue in what else the young man could do quickly caused any growing questions of if the current events unfolding made actual sense or were merely a fabrication to be dismissed. Racing upwards towards the hole, Tenken only had one thought in mind; show me what you got. Finally the ANBU would emerge and lock onto the figure once more, curious to see what the next display would be.
OOC:
MFT- 403
|

Rank ANBU Commander
ANBU Data
Fight Data
[/legend]​
[/col]

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
His skull-faced opponent was quick and agile, jumping back and sticking to the wall. A simple feat for any ninja, but a harder one when under pressure from a scorching ball of fire... He wasted no time gaining distance between the two of them, rushing towards the top of the newly formed opening. The mask made it difficult for Kaen to ascertain what kind of state this guy was in, whether he looked interested in his skills or not... guess he would just keep pushing forwards for the time being and leave the idle chat for after this little test. Now the question is, what to do. What. To. Do...

The first thing that came to mind was his foe. If anyone was to be the gatekeeper of an elite shinobi group, they would need to be quite skilled in order to sift through the common squabble who may try their mettle against him. He would need to keep the pressure on if he would have any hopes to impress him. Albeit a standard skill for all skilled shinobi, clones might just do the trick. With only one hand, and with quicker speeds that what would be expected, Kaen released his next jutsu. With a puff of smoke, three clones would appear in his immediate vicinity. Kaen was still unsure of this man's skills, he might see through the clone jutsu immediately. Even so, they were there to keep on the heat, not keep him safe. While the clones charged forward, Kaen then abruptly burst into flames! With his body now wreathed in flames, he would truly become one with the fire, burning everything around him. While his clones performed a trifecta fireball attack, Kaen would let loose the cherry on top. Kaen formed the necessary seals and released a massive torrent of flames. Four dragon heads would come barreling straight towards the masked gatekeeper. These flames had a trick up their metaphorical sleeves. Not only were the flames a little hotter, but they had a little bit of deceit behind them.

[OOC MFT, so sorry for the wait time, I ended up catching the flu]

Actions
1. Use a Jutsu Expanded Fire based Elemental clone, Choosing to make three clones via the special action. Also using affinity moves Handseal Expert and Control (Elementalist)

2. Activate "Mantle of Fire" (Pyro)

3. Use Dragon Flame Bomb with the following Pyro abilities; "Fire Blast", "Ifrit Caress" and "Burning Recoil". Using the special action "Great Dragon Fire" to split the attack into 4 checks. Also using affinity moves Debilitate and Feint.

Clone Actions
All three clones will use: Fireball with the Special Action - Mythical Phoenix Fire

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Episode 4: 'This Fire Burns pt2'| ANBU Corps Arc said:
[col]Making his way topside, Tenken would be greeted by the interloper with another set of actions. First, the man created a trio of clones.

Smart move, now I couldn't concentrate a massive attack against just him, I'd have to either weaken my attacks and hit them all in hope of clearing the field or pick them off one by one looking for the real one. Not bad strategy. Definitely not a beginner, or just very talented at strategy. Also, quick with his hand seal formations, impressive.

The next move of the man saw him spoiling a bit his location as his body erupted in a shroud of flames, but it would not matter as the clones would take off in a mad dash before him.

Very well, let's see what sort of punch he packs.

Performing his own series of seals, a barrier would begin to construct itself around him. He would not finished there though, as he wanted to test the mettle of the man already knowing what he favored. A small flame would appear in his hand before being absorbed into the barrier, giving it an orange tint (Nature's Guard - Special Action Fire). The clones would begin their assault first sending balls of fire that would break apart within the air and come raining down onto the barrier. Thanks to it's new love for the fire element, the barrier would hold steady against the attacks. But that wasn't the end of it, taking his eyes off the main figure caused him to miss out on the trump card of this volley of actions; four fire dragons darting towards his location.

The first beast would slam into the protection spell, causing a violent eruption to ring forth and send the barrier wavering slightly.

I have this attack but I've never seen it hit like this before. This violence, this carnage, what a beautiful display of damage... oh shit...

The next three dragons would slam into the barrier, the overall strength of the man's ability to manipulate fire and increase it's volatility would overpower the barrier even with its affinity to take on fire based attacks. His eyes would widen as he only had one move to take before he would be consumed by the remaining flames; his body would burst apart into a flock of crows that would disappear momentarily in the fire before appearing out of the flame (Flock of Shadows). The shadowy birds would then begin to flock together into three clumps creating three Tenkens, however the two clones would disperse after being formed. The real Tenken would look down at his right arm seeing that he too did not make it fully unscathed from the man's impressive explosive attack. It was frustrating, it was aggravating, it was impressive and most of all, it was thrilling.

Grasping his arm the red eyes would lock on the man before him, a visage clad in flames. Behind the mask, a maddening expression would be glaring down the form. A caged animal staring at its next meal. The flesh upon his burned arm began to move and shift, as if something under his skin was trying to emerge.

"Enough."

It was a command spoken more towards himself than his challenger.

"You can fight, but this is a rather showy display of skills you have... how will such a rampage benefit our corps, who look to handle things within the shadows?"

OOC:
MFT- 570
|

Rank ANBU Commander
ANBU Data
Fight Data
[/legend]​
[/col]

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"Enough." The man halted after reappearing in a flurry of black feathers. The word was coupled with an audible hissing and release of steam from the metallic mask. It seemed he wasn't convinced with just a mere display of fireworks... "You can fight, but this is a rather showy display of skills you have... how will such a rampage benefit our corps, who look to handle things within the shadows?" The gatekeeper had obviously seen just about enough of Kaen's flame tactics, going on about the corps working in the shadows... well, he asked for it. Sabaku ceased his concentration with his clones and formed a new string of seals. Upon forming the last sign he locked eyes with the glowing red iris of the mask. The brilliant flames that surrounded and cloaked his body died out abruptly. Kaen's body wavered a moment, shadows begun to crawl slowly up his legs and sink into his flesh. There was a slight pause, a break in the battle, the world slowed to a crawl. In an instant the flames arose with new purpose! But they were not bright or warm, no, they were cold and dark like the soul of humanity. Kaen cringed slightly as the flames began to eat away at his flesh, but this was necessary to show this guy his mettle. By now Kaen's chakra should have been nearly undetectable... time for step two. Another quick flurry of hand seals and Kaen's body began to meld into the background. All audible noises muffled and his body now just a shimmering cloak of barely visible black flames. Everything was ready, now he would need to add the bait. "You asked for the shadows, well here they are..." Kaen's voice barely an audible whisper, his location difficult to distinguish given his set up. "Come at me gatekeeper... I will show you what I offer you..." Kaen would need to wait for the man to attack, then his plan would be set in motion. If everything worked out according to plan, he would be convinced...

Once the gatekeeper attacks:
Just as his attack seemed to make contact with Kaen's shadowy body, it would cut through only wispy shades of darkness shaped in the likeness of Kaen. His presence completely fading away into nothingness. For all intensive purposes, Kaen was gone, hidden from the world. After a few short moments Kaen would drop the act and release his jutsu, appearing right behind the masked gatekeeper. Kaen whispered softly into the ear of the man. "I hope that was to your liking..." Just as soon as the mask man would turn around to face Kaen, he would release his genjutsu that was cast seemingly forever ago. The pair would be back to where they began, atop the metal walkway. The scene of inferno and fire that had destroyed the ceiling was gone, just the cold, dark, damp underground bunker they started in remained. In the distance the water dripping could be heard once more as they both came out of his genjutsu. Bloop...

[OOC MFT]

Actions
1. Use Dark displacement Mastered With the special action to attempt to hide in stealth when they auto-dodge an attack with a +2 Stealth Bonus. Using the affinity move "Handseal expert"
2. Use Shadow Garb with affinity move "Handseal expert"
3. Use Active Camo with affinity moves "Handseal expert" and "Control"

Note: I have Stalker, going for all the stealth !

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Episode 5: 'This Fire Burns conclusion'| ANBU Corps Arc said:
[col]The actions within the genjutsu would proceed until finally a conclusion would be met, reality would snap back to place at the sound of dripping water and Tenken's actual gaze would return to the young man.

Was that the same ability that Mikaboshi used... was this was Number 10 experienced when she was battling him, how much time actually passed while trapped inside, this one was more useful than he could ever realize.

The young man showed him what he had, unfortunately it would be hard to discern fact from fiction as it seemed the man attempted to use an illusion to explain his skills. How much of it was a fabrication?

"So, was this merely to show me your ability at illusions? I suppose illusions, ones that could confine an opponent such as that skill is very useful... there could be some potential in you young one... I pegged you for all flash, which would be a hard sell in our organization."

It was true, if this was just a review of the explosive abilities that Tenken had thought the teenager was showing him, it would be a tougher fit to find a spot for him to ANBU. The ability to produce such a genjutsu would make him useful, but only in a team setting as it appeared, especially if this was the same move as Mikaboshi's, that he too would be frozen in place while actively using this skill. That would be a hindrance. So his immediate usefulness off this first assessment would be on the lower end for the time being.

"Very well, I shall give you a chance."

Holding out his hand, as mask would materialize as he would extend it towards Kaen.

"Take this mask, young apprentice and give me your new name. You will have a ways to travel before you earn the right to fully enter our order, but continue to prove your place among our ranks and you will rise in no time."

Once Kaen gave him his new name, the young AiT would begin his journey and Tenken would depart back into the shadows.

OOC:
AiT approval given, please link this and apply for the new banner! Sorry about the long delay and sorry for the short post, figured it would be best to get you on your new (old?) path!
|

Rank ANBU Commander
ANBU Data
Fight Data
[/legend]​
[/col]
[/quote]

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"Very well, I shall give you a chance." The gatekeeper presented Kaen with a plain, unadorned white mask. Kaen would slowly reach out to accept it, cautious to the end. Once his his grasp, he would stare into the innards of the mask, realizing his accomplishment. The man would speak once more. "Take this mask, young apprentice and give me your new name. You will have a ways to travel before you earn the right to fully enter our order, but continue to prove your place among our ranks and you will rise in no time." Kaen looked perplexedly at his newly attained mask, a symbol of what he was becoming... The Anbu, an elite force dedicated to the village and its leader, the Kazekage. Kaen was entering the realm of the exceptional, he would need to step things up to show he was a capable individual.

Kaen gave some deep thoughts over this name, a secret code name to hide him from the general public. From what he had gathered thus far, code names could range to something familiar with the individual to something completely obscure. It seemed there really wasn't a wrong answer for this type of thing. Kaen secreted away the mask into his inner pocket and peered at the red eyes that gleamed back towards himself. You can call me... Ruin. Yes Ruin, something so simple yet defines what he is capable off and also doesn't inadvertently reveal his true style. And with that the gatekeeper gave a slight nod and disappeared into the darkness just as mysteriously as he arrived. Kaen had done it... However... he would need to learn the fine details and responsibilities that came with his newly attained title. All in due time. Kaen would leave the same way he entered, he had much business to attend to.

[OOC - Topic left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back