Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Fortify your defenses [B-Rank/Team]

Honma Kotone

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Birds of prey soar above, submerged in the orange and scarlet sunset. It was an unusual time from these birds to be in mid-flight, but not that it mattered to the people below their wings; of who were nervously awaiting an attack. Located several miles from the border of Wind Country existed 5 villages, each of which specialized in very in-demand forms of trade, which would be highly beneficial to almost any governing body as it would increase their finical stability ten-fold. However, a kingdom located just west from the five villages had existed for almost as long as Sunagakure, and it was always very weak and petty. It was an odd kingdom that withdrew itself from the world, too bitter and too angry to trade at the time. And, obviously, due to their lack of trade the kingdom began to grow desperately poor in recent years - having only just managed to get by until these recent years. What, you may ask, was their solution? Well, reader, they were so conceited that they decided to holster their armies together and to take trading villages by force.

Although, this was a secondary objective and the ruling king, a tyrant of a person, was born with a natural gift as he was bonded with an animal companion. He saw this gift as a message about his strength, about his worth in the world and he thought he was the only strength to pose such a power. But, he was sadly mistaken as within time his ears tweaked from here to there, hearing whisper upon whisper about others just like the tyrant king. His people grew wary that his strength was common and their faith began to shake. It just so happened to be a damn chance that the Inuzuka pup facility was located within one of the villages that the armies were planning on attacking. So, if successful the king would have obtained wealth and became the only person to be truly bonded with another animal, which gave him great power - what a jealous little fool.

The largest village, which was the Inuzuka facility village, was the greater power within the 'Community of Five'. It was the governing body and acted as parliament for the other trading villages. Our team of Sunan shinobi were called to this Village to prepare for battle. The participants would be briefed on the objective and the, vaguely, briefed on the enemy numbers. Of course, there was no way of knowing the army numbers as one of the Communities spies had stopped reporting just a few days ago, after revealing plans for the kingdom attacking.

images

The captain of this mission would have already arrived within the village called: Chinou. And this was the previously informed village that housed the Inuzuka pups, atop of the hill in the center of the village, protected by a fearfully deep moat and only accessible through the air or draw bridge. Ikkadan, had arrived first, as he was the mission leader, he made sure to show face and get in all the information before his comrades. He wanted to see what they were up against, but little did he know; they were in for the fight of their lives... Regardless of their preparation.

Standing at the entrance to the village, where the draw bridge rested onto the dried earth as it awaited to be pressed upon by the arriving shinobi. Whether they traveled in a group, or themselves, was completely up to them. However, they were required to wear their official shinobi attire of flak jacket and cloth undergarments. Ikka awaited, in full garb, for the team to arrive with a folded pair of arms. He was a little nervous but excited, oddly. But maybe that was to meet his comrades? Bah, let's get rollin'!

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
((BEEEP BEEEP BEEEP...Warning: what you are about to read was written on a Tablet and a Bluetooth Keyboard. Please be wary of any gramatical errors, spelling mistakes, or missing words... Thank you for tuning into this Public Service Announcement!... BEEEP BEEEP BEEEP))

Korudo had just recently arrived in the village of Sunagkure when he was first assigned a mission. Having advanced knowledge in the medical arts made him a worthy component to the up coming mission. He was assigned duty as the Mission's Med-Nin, though he was still technically in training, and he was to meet Ikkadan-Kun at Chinou. Chinou was a small town outside of the Sunagakuran territory and was the primary location for the breeding of Shinobi Canine. Many companions came from the dog plantation, and now Korudo was assigned to help protect it, and a few surrounding villages from attack. The task seemed easy, probably to easy for being a B-Rank mission, but he needed the job nonetheless.

Before leaving the village, Korudo packed his gear and was ready to go. In his pack rested basic first response medical equipment. Bandages, salves, scissors, splints, and even antibiotic could be found in the medical kit. Korudo also had an assortment of medicinal pills that would increase stamina, red blood cell count, and return chakra to it's user. Basic necessities could be found as well, these included military styled rations, water purifying tablets, and ninja wires.

Korudo wore his typical sapphire blue hakama, his dark, near black, open vest, with sandals and his fingerless gloves. Adjusting the family crested headband, Korudo was ready to leave. Upon placing the pack on his back, the emblem of the Motomori clan was hidden from sight. He was ready, the young man made his way out of the village and to the small town of Chinou. As he approached the bridge to the village he saw the younger boy, to whom Korudo was to call his leader.

"I am sorry, Ikkadan-Senpai, it appears that I have yet to receive my proper attire."

The boy's chest and abdomen where visible, along with a four inch strip around his waist just above his hakama. The boy's arms too were completely revealed, showing the flawless tanned skin of his clan. The young man's shimmering blue eyes appeared to be emotionless, even though the were beyond beautiful. Korudo's face was also absent of emotion, but it seemed to be near flawless, except for the single scar that rested on the left side of his chin.

"Motomori Korudo, the Sapphire Guardian from the Motomori Clan, at your command."

Mienai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Shira had been idle for days and was starting to get a little antsy. She'd kept up her normal standard of training daily, but she still had yet to really be sent out on any missions. She was still a genin for crying out loud, her coma having lost so much of her valuable time. Finally, she recieved word that she was to be sent out. It seemed pretty basic. Go in, protect some feeble puppies at a puppy mill, beat the crap out of anyone that shows hostility. She could do that.

She arrived as scheduled in Chinou, perhaps a little late considering their leader and another member of the team were already present. She'd been told to wear 'proper attire'...whatever that was. Seeing as she hadn't really recieved anything to wear, Shira dressed in something that was a bit more her style. She wore her normal uniform style fighting shoes, black trousers, a dark red sleevless tunic rimmed with white accents, a pair of hand wraps that extended up her forearms, and the collar around her neck that she forceably could not remove. It probably made her look a little unprofessional considering everyone else would be wearing something of 'higher grade'. Her eyes drifted over to the older looking male beside her, he didn't look anymore professional than she did, less so, so she assumed she was fine for the moment, but seriously, what kind of outfit was that? Shira supressed a cringe. Her main concern would not be on such qualms of clothing.

Shira gave a slight bow out of respect before introducing herself. "Minohodo Shira, present and waiting orders, Ikkadan-Sama." Shira followed through with her usual semblance of respect before standing idle. Her face held no record of her internal thoughts or feelings.

Kaname

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Satoru made his way down the dirt path to the village of Chinou. he had only returned to the village recently, but felt that he needed to integrate himself back into the village life. And the best way to do that was to pick up a mission. He had only gone over the briefing a few times but from what he could tell, this mission wouldnt be a smooth sail. He slowly went over the brief once again in his head, making sure he would know the in's and out's. If they were to actually defend this place with only a handful of shinobi and armed villagers, there would need to be some type of strategy involved. None of this was his strong suit. He would be a fish out of water in this one, but he simply welcomed the challenge. The warm heat of the sun helped his mind focus his on his current situation. He had spent too much time in his own mind and he was being to lose his grip on what was real and what he had created in his head.

Shaking his head and stuffing his hands in his pockets, Satoru continued his walk. He could see the gates of Chinou and from the looks of it a small group forming in front of them. He already knew that he was late. He preferred it that way. Show up after and take a good look at the people he would be working with. As he drew closer, he tried to put on his best smile and shuffled his shoulders to make the flak jacket feel a little less stiff as it rubbed against his black shirt underneath. His clothing warranted no attention. A clost fitting black cloth shirt with sleeves that went to his forearm, dark brown slacks, shoes, and a open flak jacket on top. Appearances were always important, something his father always use to say. He noticed two men and a girl, all of them somewhat young. As he reached the trio, he pulled his headband out his back pocket. He rarely wore it. It was bad enough he had to wear the flak jacket, yet it was one of the few things he had agreed to when he took the job. When he got closer, he bowed his head and lifted the headband so they knew he was with them. "Sorry for my lateness. I'm Satoru. Shall we get a move on?

Honma Kotone

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ikkadan suppressed an unhappy expression as only two of the four wore the requested attire. And one of those people were him, what was up with that? The boy folded his arms, his chest being massaged by the soft under-padding of the flak jacket, but its tough exterior providing no soft comfort for his folded forearms. "Hello, Korudo-san." Ikka would greet the boy, a smile somewhat straining across his face, "You... You were asked to wear a flak jacket, at least. It's to help show some sort of comfort for those we are protecting, its suppose to help." He would add kicking his foot against the grainy surface of the dried earth. Ikka wondered how long that unofficial attire would last when they battled a relatively unknown enemy.

And then came a second person, a girl, who seemed not a lot older than the first, or Ikka. She wasn't wearing what was request either, honestly how simple was it to only be given the needed items. Jesus.

"Hello Shira-san, I'm glad you could make it..." He would exhale, giving her a forced smile, but it was clear he was a little peeved. "Although, next time I'd like it if you two wore what was asked. It's for their benefit," Ikka's thumb would stiffen as he pointed behind him, towards the sealed off village, "It's for them in there." Ikkadan lowered his hand and then, finally, softened his expression into a natural, more becoming smile. "I'm glad you both could make it though." He added, coddling himself with his criss-crossed arms.

And finally, a speck in the distance, the third member arrived wearing- holy hell, really? He was actually wearing what was asked of him? It may have seemed childish, but Ikkadan really just wanted to tackle the other person with the strength of about 50 sumo wrestlers. Oh, okay, that's maybe a tad bit of an over-exaggeration. The other boy appeared, introduced himself, and then suggested that they all move on: "Hello Satoru-san, I'm glad that you could make it." Wait, he was late? Bah, Ikka and the others wouldn't have really noticed, would they have?

Ikkadan would unfold his arms and wave his hand in the direction of the bridge. They would cross, the steadiness of its body gave them comfort when crossing above the aquatic mote below; which really didn't give a lot of comfort as their were no rails to stop them falling into the thick, unnaturally blue waters below. "I take it you all were briefed?" Ikka would turn his head, putting his hands in his pocket as they approached the threshold of the sealed off village. Ikka didn't really need to ask, of course they had been briefed, but they hadn't been briefed by the Chinou government. They had some new details, details that weren't available at the time of this mission request. The group would pass through the village threshold, inhaling a host of odd smells such as: dog, a lot of dog smells. The foreground of the village was relatively empty, only a few people remained that weren't ready to evacuate.

"Well, I've got some news." Ikkadan would hold his position with a daunting expression, "The volume of enemies, their army that was disclosed to us, is wrong. The enemy has over five thousand within their ranks, but fortunately, they've only been mobilized recently and within their kingdom; they suffer from malnourishment and fatigue. But it'll still be a challenge above and beyond our call of duty. I respect your decision to leave just now." The boy would lower his head momentarily as he just blurted out the information plan-and-simple with no sugar coating.

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Korudo raised an eyebrow at the boy out of curiosity. Hadn't he just stated that he has not received the jacket? Looking over at the new comer, Shira, Korudo realized he wasn't the only one to not have this "Flak Jacket". Turning his face back to the younger boy, Korudo spoke with confusion in his voice. "I'm sorry Ikka-Senpai, you must not have heard me correctly. I have just recently moved to Sunagakure from a small village along the outskirts. I have yet to receive this "Flak Jacket", I would assume it is the vest that you are wearing. I apologize if I appear to be insubordinate, but I truly could not complete the requested task, there in for, I am sorry."<i></i> Korudo's face remain emotionless.

As the last member of their team arrived, Korudo saw that he was wearing said jacket, and it seemed that it was exactly what Ikkadan wanted. He nodded at the man and turned his attention back to the leader. Following the boy across the bridge, Korudo wondered what this mission truly entailed. The young man listened in as he was informed that they were mislead about the size of the opposing force. Korudo kept following their captain as they entered the seemingly abandoned village. "If I may, I do believe that once you are assigned a mission there is no turning back. Turning your back and leaving a mission entitles you to the act of treason against your superiors. Thus, making you an enemy of the Village, and forcing what was your team to exterminate you. Please correct me if I am wrong, but there should never even be a thought of abandoning a mission."<i></i> Korudo's eyes, though they were majestic like a sapphire, were cold and emotionless. He didn't not understand the term "Surrender". It was trained out of him as a young child.

Mienai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
[My apologies for the delay. My schedule has been swamped.]

Shira looked back down at what she was wearing, then took notice of the 'flak jacket' that their leader was wearing. She crossed her arms in a petty manner as she listened to the other male explain his reasoning for not having said attire. So he was new here, a viable excuse, yet he still should have one. She on the other hand had not attained the rank to even have one, she was just a lowly genin, so there wasn't a formal mission attire she could have worn if she wanted to."I'll do my best to acquire one next time. Maybe I'll steal my brothers, considering I don't have one of my own. This inconvenience is apparently more troublesome than originally expected. For now, this will have to suffice." She closed her eyes and let out a long sigh, this was becoming a pain. Even if the jacket was to ease the minds of the villagers, this was ridiculous. Surely pure skill and initiative to protect would be enough for these people.

When Shira next opened her eyes, she saw the newcomer arrive. He was dressed in the 'appropriate' attire that Ikkadan wanted for the mission. She rolled her eyes. At least he seemed ready to proceed. Shira already seemed to be on bad terms with everyone, but that would not prevent her from getting mission details. She listened closely as she followed along and over the bridge. Shira's expression changed to one of curiosity as they continued into the village. So they hadn't been given all of the details. That would mean more drive on her part. She smirked, this would be some fun she could partake in without Ko getting furious at her later. Based on the villages own personal details, her surroundings seemed relatively dead. She shrugged, less people to get in the way and take a toll on her concentration. When Ikka finally brought up the subject of anyone wanting to back out of the mission Shira glared and was about to make a retort when Korudo beat her to it. She gave him the respect to at least let him finish before nodding in agreement to his statement. "With some disdain, I agree. We know the risks, regardless of circumstantial change and newly arrison information. Is it not in the villages best interest that we proceed to fulfill the task that was assigned? The numbers are irrelevant, a vast number to be aware of, but irrelevant none the less. I am ready to proceed whenever you see fit." Shira crossed her arms again, a look of boredom on her face. She was just ready to go, and never really stopped to consider failure as an option. It would be one of the first times she actually got to test herself and see some action. She wasn't going to pass this up, even if it potentially threatened her well being.

Kaname

Yen
ASP
Deaths
There was a brief introduction and the group began to move, lead by Ikkadan. Satoru let the other move ahead of him, keeping his strides short and his eyes focused on the three children in front of him. It didnt bother him that the village seemed to be in rambles, but what did was the smell of wet dog that fell over the city like a thick fog. The shinobi's face contorted into a mask of disgust for a few moments as they walked across the moat. Satoru reached into his back pocket and retrieve the petals of a flower that would help mask the horrid smell of the village. The dark orange of the petals complimented his skin tone as he tore them with his fingers and stuffed them into his gloves. Every few moments, he would raise his hand and take a deep breath. Ikkadan would stop and turn to face them and reveal that the mission was much more serious than previously believed. The news did not surprise Satoru, whther it was 500 or 5000, he would break as many of them as he could. In the end, this was all just practice. A smirk appeared on his face as both Korudo and Shira gave what seemed like perfect answers. Perfect answers from the perfect shinobi. When it came to him, Satoru smiled and replied "How could I leave after such moving answers. Lets get to work"

Honma Kotone

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ikkadan seemed thankful that all of those within his team were free-enough to decide that they wanted to risk their own lives for the sake of the mission. Although, the boy wearing the hakama was somewhat more firm with his resolve. He seemed to be cold as he spoke, something that made Ikka raise an eyebrow mentally. It wasn't in his place to comment, but still, it was a bit weird to not even show a hint of hesitation.

"Okay..." He would speak, with a smile as his head lowered for a moment and then raised up, "I've already been her for a day, so I've had a chance to speak with the elders of this village. And we've collaborated together to come up with a plan." Ikka would crouch down, his knees stabilizing his body like some kind of toy. The boy's finger would pierce the skin of the moist earth that they all stood on and began to draw a diagram for each of the four other village, and then finally, adding on a little diagram for the Chinou village that they were situated in. After Ikka had finished creating his physical representation of his plan, the group would be able to lay their eyes on 5 large circles that each had kanji representing the village names.

The first of the villages, the weapon smiths, was called: Kanuchi. And beside that village was Shira's name. "Shira, you will be the first to engage the enemy forces. You will have a platoon for around 500 volunteers from that Kanuchi village to assist with your battle. We don't expect the enemy forces to be in a large quantity there, due to our information from an insider. Never-the-less, I want you to go there now and prepare your forces for battle. Reinforce the gates at the most northerly point, set up sightseers to be on look out for any forces approaching."

The second of the villages, the agricultural village, was called: Nougyou. And beside that village's name was Satoru's name. "Satoru, we are expecting the majority of the enemies force to attack this village. You'll be given the largest platoon size of around 1,000 volunteers. Do the same as I've instructed Shira and fortify the Nougyou village, set up vantage points, traps and so on."

The third of the villages, the jewel crafting village, was called: Shugyoku. And beside that village's name was Korudo's name. "Korudo, I understand that you're a med-nin to be? This means that you are going to play a pivotal role within this battle, okay? You'll be given a platoon size of around 500 and you are expected to deal with the enemy force as soon as possible. You will need to, after defeating the enemy, return to the Chinou village and wait till the others arrive: heal them on arrival."

The forth of the villages, military grade explosives, was called: Happa. And that was the village that Ikkadan was designated to protect.

"Our enemy is attacking from numerous points, every village at a time, so that they would be able to take us all by surprise. But we know this, and we are going to take advantage of that. Prepared everyone. If you need to get in contact with each other, here is some communication devices." Ikka would say as he dig into his tightened pants pocket and brought out four small headsets that would fit into one's ear and be concealed easily.

"Move out, shinobi!"

[For your next posts, RP arriving at those designated villages. You can customize them however you want, the design, the traps and what not. You have creative control.]

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Korudo paid no attention to the other companions in his group, he only needed to listen to Ikkadan. He watched as the boy drew the designs into the earth, and began explaining every step of their objective. Ikkadan was a good leader, separating each task and going into exact details of said tasks. The sapphire boy listened to his leader as he told each member their jobs. "Yes sir, I am the team's Med-Nin, and will do."<i></i>

Korudo reached out and took the ear piece. Focusing his chakra, Korudo made the small crystals disappear from his ear. Containing a high amount of chakra, Korudo's physical appearance was affected by it. The crystals that could be seen on his face and ears were one hundred percent chakra, and grew due to the fact that his body couldn't contain it all. Korudo placed the microphone in his ear and made a simple check to see if it was working. "Testing, I'm good to go"<i></i>

And with that, Korudo seemingly disappeared. Darting to the village that he was instructed to go to, Korudo launched through the sky at high speed. As if a blue bullet, Korudo was a blur darting across the ground and through the air. As he approached the seemingly defenseless village, Korudo made a single seal. Motomori Secret Technique: Crystallized Companions!<i></i> As Korudo landed in the village, three crystal clones landed beside him.

The first crystal companion was entirely made up of green crystals. He was the Emerald Clone, his body was bulkier than Korudo's and his hands were quite larger. The emerald crystal was the stronger of the three and tended to be the defensive clone.

The second crystal companion was a solid piece of blood red crystals. The Ruby Clone was a near identical clone of Korudo, but his hands were longer and blade like. The ruby crystal grow sharper points, and was often used in offense.

The third and last companion was a soft blue crystal. Unlike the rest, she was from a different perspective of Korudo. She possessed the speed of the Haku, and was the Sapphire Clone. Modeled after a female, the Sapphire Clone was mimicked from the beauty found in the Haku Clan and was as fast as their trained assassins.

The four Korudo's stood in the center of the village, each facing one of the cardinal direction. The three clones all darted to the direction as Korudo stood still. Emerald to the East, Ruby to the West, Sapphire to the South, and Korudo was in the middle of the village facing the North. He looked towards the militia platoon leader, and tried to put on a smile. "One hundred in each direction, everyone else stay here and provide support to ever needs it the most!"<i></i> And then Korudo darted off as well.

Upon landing at the northern gates Korudo touched his head set. "Are you in position?"<i></i>

"Yes"<i></i>

"Yes"<i></i>

"Yes"<i></i>

Korudo switched his head set to a longer distance. "Ikkadan-Senpai, I am ready and in position. Shugyoku is surrounded by our forces, ready and waiting for the up coming enemy."<i></i>

Mienai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
[This post is going to be horrible. I had maybe over 2,000 words typed out and I lost everything. It was painful to start over, I had no motivation, but I don't want to hold this up because of an accident.]

Shira nodded as she listened to the orders given. She would be first to engage the enemy it seemed. Ikkadan seemed to have ordred her to be more on a defensive strategy, rather than offensive, something that didn't quite appeal to her, but she would fulfill the order with dilligent efficiency. Since she was given her orders first, she tuned out most of the others instructions. Instead, she spent that time planning out how she was going to use her five hundred units.

Once everyone had their orders, Shira grabbed her ear piece and slipped it in with ease. She did a quick test to make sure it was working accurately and then took off towards Kanuchi. She was a little faster than the average Shinobi, what with her skill in taijutsu, but she lost some of her speed due to a lack of interest. Still, she arrived in relatively decent time and entered through the north gate. Shira made sure to take in and observe the village in order to get a good understanding of what she was working with before she decided to dish out orders. The village focused in weapon crafting, therefore she could most likely assume that most members of the village knew how to use at least one kind of weapon. This was good, not to mention additional resources. She also made sure to take notice of the gates. There was one at each prime direction, north, east, south, west. The wall surrounding the village would also provide useful for marksman. Her orders were to fortify the north, but taking an additional precaution to cover all sides would be a good strategy. Her task was direct intervention, from a defensive standpoint; being subtle would not be too much of an issue. She looked back at the villagers awaiting her orders. Shira smirked and placed her hands on her hips. "Alright, listen up, because I'll only say this once. Thank you all for volunteering, but if we're going to be ready you'll need to follow my command. I want two members with me at all times, preferably ones that have some skill in hand-to-hand combat. I want units of fifty placed at the south, east, and west gates, a unit of one hundred at the north; your focus will be in ground melee coverage with secondary coverage of ranged precision. I want five sub-units of twenty dispersed along the upper reaches of the wall; two of those units prime focus will be around the northern edges; your focus will obviously be primary ranged targeting, but I want all of you to carry a small concealed close-combat weapon. As for the rest of you, you will be covering support. That means, if you see somewhere you can assist in, do so. Although, as for your first tasks, I want to see barricades built up at each entrance, use whatever you can find. I want to see this place sealed up nice and tight. If they're going to be coming, we're going to make it damn well difficult for them to get in. And if any of you know some form of jutsu, use it. You've been given your tasks. That's all." Shira made a shooing motion with one of her hands and watched as the men went about performing the orders assigned to them.

Taking inventory of the rest of the members of the village, Shira noticed that it was basically just women and children. She knew how important it was to keep them together, but she also knew how important defensive measures would be in order to keep going. If there was a role they could fulfill, she would ask that of them, but not of the mothers. "All the single ladies, now, put your hands up. I will not force you into assisting, but medical roles are needed. The support units can only aid with so much and we need the back up strength they can provide. If at all possible, I would like a few of you at each of the gates ready to aid the wounded. I want the rest of you to hide yourselves as best you can." Giving a slight nod, Shira looked back and found the two men she had ordered to her side. They looked fairly well build and it looked like they would be decent fighters. Shira headed towards the north gate, since the enemy was supposed to be coming from that direction. She was pleased to see that in the time she had been speaking to the women and waiting for any volunteers, the men had managed to nearly complete the barricade and ready themselves. This was good; the barricades were nice coverage and it would at least make it difficult for the enemy to get through, should they get too close. Shira looked up to the upper levels of the wall and noticed the ranged weapon users were in position and prepping some last minute weapon stocks. The team of one hundred on the ground ranged in weapons, but all looked ready to defend their home. Shira smirked again. There was nothing like the feeling of being in control of a group that could perform orders well. As for herself, she would be directly interacting with the enemies, her specialization being in unarmed combat, however, being at the north gate allowed her to watch and take note of any changing circumstances and dish out orders accordingly.

Tuning into her headset, Shira spoke clearly as she watched the last bit of her orders wrap themselves up. "Kanuchi is prepped and ready to go. We are on standby, awaiting the arrival of enemy troops."

Kaname

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Satoru waited and listened as Ikkadan drew out the plans in the dirt. Like mentioned in the brief, there were four villages and they would split up. Each defending a designated village. Satoru watched as he pulled the short stick. The village he was assigned was the one that would most likely getting the most action. It helped that he was given a sufficient amount of volunteers to defend the village, but he didnt expect much to come from the agricultural people. Korudo and Shira took off once they received their orders. Satoru picked up an ear piece, shifted his shoulders in an attempt to get comfortable and took off for his village.

Within a few minutes, he reached the village of Nougyou. Even from outside the gates, Satoru could tell that the village was quite large and because of that, it would warrant the most attention. The gates were made from stone and log, not as strong as the defenses of his own village but it would hold if fortified correctly.There was only one tower that over looked the main gates. The houses were gathered in one section directly in front of the fields the village was known for. Satoru strolled into the village, hands in pocket and continued to look around. These people were not fighters. They were just ordinary men and women, all of them weak and defenseless. He sighed and pinched his brow. Satoru gathered the volunteers, looking them over. "Okay, first we are going to fortify these walls. I want all available hands on that. All entrances and exits have priority when it comes to this. Use whatever you can to create caltrops. That means rakes, blades, shards of glass, anything you can find. Next I want a small group to dig ditches outside of the main entrance. Once thats done cover it with light netting. That will be you guys" he said point to a group of fifty men and women. Satoru paused for a moment and looked around at the village and after making some calculations, he continued.

"I want a hundred and fifty men along the rooftops, weapons ready on my command. You will be responsible for keeping us notified of enemy movement. I want another group of five hundred to create a perimeter around the village, and create a system for patrols. I want a hundred and fifty along the walls for when the enemy reach the gates. The rest of you will be with me, in case there is a breach." Satoru turned and the people moved straight to work. He couldnt deny that the volunteers will to protect their homes wasnt admirable. This was just a job to him, a task, a challenge to be beaten. That was all the motivation he needed. As he walked along the village, he noticed that store fronts and shops had been boarded up and empty. The villagers had more sense than the Yamanaka thought. He called over one volunteer and told him to make sure that the elderly and the children were in one place, farthest from the fighting. He would not have any unnecessary blood shed on his hands.

Satoru began to make his way to the gates. Everything was almost in place as the streets began to clear and the volunteers took their positions. He noticed a small flower stand near one of the barricaded windows and a smile came to his face. Satoru grabbed the closest pot of flowers and dragged it behind him. "The lovely Nougyou is prepped and ready."

Honma Kotone

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ikkadan's orders were taken into account and those within his team dismembered themselves from the focal point of attack, heading off to their own points of interest. However, the Inuzuka pups weren't going to be attacked first, no, the tyrant King wanted to have a foot hold of stability, financial stability, and so the other four villages would suffer first. Ikkadan headed off to Happa in good time, ordering his troops to certain destination and creating his own wooden traps; spikes, large timber constructs that would be placed outside of the walls, tilted into the air somewhat to horde off any intruders from attempting to climb.

It wasn't very long until the forces were spotted from a distance at each village. Although, more worryingly, from the skies there would be a notable presence of black dots scurrying around frantically in the distance. But these dots were not birds of prey, but rather manned, proto-type vessels that were constructed purely from wood with cloth wings, and who used the currents in the air to glide across the sky so gently. If only their intent was gentle. Even at a distance, those singularly manned ships were holding a notably large cargo - which surprisingly didn't affect their flight performance - a sphere shaped construct at the belly of the beast i.e where the pilot rested. There were around 100+ of these gliders, all flying over the villages, one after another, not dropping any bombs upon their heads: however, they headed directly for Happa.

In the distance, you could hear the utter devastation those bombs caused as they were released from their constraints and were dropped upon the village of Happa - a strategic move that really would shift the tides of war because that village was responsible for creating military grade explosives. Now, why you may ask, would they blow up that resource? Well, in this battle, what if it was used against the army? Exactly... From each village, the members of the team would be able to see a continual bombardment of hellish orange and reds that didn't seize for around 10 minutes. But there wasn't any time to even worry about Ikkadan or the village. Their leader's communication would be severed for the time being, so who of them would take charge? The Med-nin, the Genin or the Chuunin.

An obvious choice would be the Chuunin, Satoru.

Shugyoku

Hit heavily by artillery, namely awkwardly constructed catapults, this village's walls was reduced to rubble within a matter of minutes. Those who dared station themselves upon the walls were tossed down and killed, if not seriously wounded from the fall. The catapults, hidden by the sandy dunes, were only there so that the walls may be broken and those who could, would enter the village through the newly created passage. Unfortunately, the first platoon of around 100 men, all clad in black armor, would approach the South section of the village and be met with the Sapphire clone. There eyes were bestowed with a sight of beauty as they had never seen such a marvel in their lives, other than the Tyrant King's power, but that was it. They really were amazed at the sparkling aura the make-shift woman had, but really, they were shaken back into reality with a brutish call for a nearby platoon commander. A self-proclaimed one, a nobody really.

The 100 men charged inward, making contact with the Sapphire clone and ultimately overwhelming it to the point of its destruction. But it didn't go down without a fight, no, it managed to slash clean through the 100 men and half their numbers into 50, or so. A noteworthy feat for the clone before its life ended with the shatter of its glass-like body.

Kanuchi

As the information served, Kaunchi would be the village hit least, and that much was true. Shira's skills allowed for her enemies to be detected and dispatched somewhat smoother than Korudo's. Despite her northern gate crumbling into dust, barking into shards of wood and giving those breaking down the doors the most unpleasant splinters ever: the 100 platoon managed to fend off the engorging platoon of enemy soldiers, who seemed to be dying off relatively easier as the ranged volunteers would further weaken their resolve; despite one or two of the odd misses. Well, the spectacularly bad misses.

Although, by this point, the barricades had worked effectively and managed to do their job before being brought down. It was lucky that this village wasn't under siege as bad as the latter, and maybe it was just sheer luck that those designated to attack this village had no support such as catapults. But as the decreasing enemy force, which was now situated inside the village gate, they seemed to act frantic. Despite their reinforcements being only about 100 meters away, yes this was only the first wave, but why? Those around the northern gate would understand why as the surviving enemies undid their chest plates and revealed a strip of sticks, yellow, creamy looking things that were all united by a black wire. Those who dared ignited the wire and exploded in a furious heat with the reds and oranges engulfing the 100 volunteers in a mere moment.

Those who survived, e.g the volunteers, would need to get some medical treatment and get some guards back at the gate because those hidden reinforcements were on their way; charging frantically down the sandy dunes.

Nougyou

Nougyou, perhaps the worst off village, would be hit with such a horrifying force that no-one could expect. The ground in the center of the village would shake, shivering with an absolute fear; which would reverberate across the village, shaking houses into submissions and volunteers into unease. The epicenter of this shaking would explode spectacularly with dust, throwing chunks of moist, weedy earth into the air like cold, lumps of lava. And then, a horrible screeching noise would emanate from the epicenter of the shaking, which was now a hole in the ground large enough for a building to be founded upon.

And suddenly, as all fell silent, a silvering creature so putrid it would cause some to be sick from its smell, would beast out from the hole and reveal itself. A sandworm, an adolescent one, but a fearsome and terrifyingly strong creature none-the-less. It's body, slithered back and forth in the air as the remainder of its self snugly sat inside of the hole. It looked horrid with its ribbed skin, pasty colour and awful, awful circular canines that drooled so dramatically with dusty glue. A swipe of its tail was enough to simple destroy a host of buildings and kill a number of volunteers.

What strategy would Satoru come up with?!

[Honestly, Shira, I feel your pain. ;____; I hope you guys liked the post! I wanted to get it up for you as soon as!]

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
((;__; I am sorry bout the wait, I had a family thing this weekend and sorry for the shortness))

A loud crash was heard from the southern wall. Korudo, the real one, darted towards the center of the village, leaving his group to the north in a ready position. Upon stopping in the middle Korudo looked around at the platoon of one hundred that was waiting his orders. "Regiments 1 & 2 head to the north. You twenty men will support the team that is there. The enemy wave to the south is about fifty strong, but they have artillery. Help the northern squad defend against any artillery attacks. I believe they will come from more than one side."<i></i> He darted towards the south, and the team of forty went north.

Upon arrival, Korudo saw the 50 make shift warriors, his team down here received some damage, but not a great deal. He smiled and made a single one-handed seal. "Forbidden Art: Ice Transmutation!"<i></i> Korudo used his Haku blood and froze the sand beneath the enemies' feet. Razor sharp icicles protruded from the ground and at the enemies. The Sapphire of the Motomori Clan then darted into the air and made a few seals. "Motomori Crystal Style: Sapphire Storm!"<i></i> Hundreds of small blue specks began to appear in the air. As Korudo dropped down into the enemy's lines, the hail of blue crystals followed, shattering the ice and sending shrapnel into the air. "Prepare yourselves..."<i></i> As the boy spoke, he rose from the ground. Standing, blades of his family's crystals developed along his arms and fingers. He would attempt to cut down any survivors of the Ice/Crystal combo attack.

((This ok?))

Mienai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Shira watched the chaos unfold, but her stoic attitude helped in fueling the clarity of her mind. She watched the men attack and so far it seemed to go well. The northern gate was destroyed, but the troops she had positioned there seemed to do there job with decent resolve. The barricade was destroyed as well, but that provided enough timing for them to get hits in. The few that managed to make it in seemed to be moving in uncoordinated movements. This momentarily confused her until she say the sticks of explosives. "Shit! Move, move, move! They have explosives!" Shira turned on her heel and started dashing away from the droops and dove behind some cover. When she heard the explosion, there was a ringing in her ears and she had to look up to see what was going on. She didn't see any of her troops, but she did see the enemy approaching quickly. Looking to the two men that managed to stay at her sides, she gave orders rapidly. "One of you, go collect the one hundred and forty eight men on reinforcement. I want twenty of them to gather any survivors and treat them. The rest, on the front lines." One of the men started heading toward remaining villages that had yet to be assigned a task. Hopefully they would be here before the attackers arrived. Still, Shira had to be ready in case this went badly. She stood up and charged up to the upper levels of the wall. She sunk her teeth into both of her palms and waited for the blood to start a good flow. She started to control it, something she'd been practicing, and form a good sized ball with it. She could see the enemies charging down the sand dunes, but still it was a far shot. "If this hits, it should be somewhat effective, at least in slowing them down." Shira drew her arm back and launched the plasma ball, aiming for a spot in front of them to reduce the chances of missing to some degree. Before looking to see if that did any good, Shira leapt down and saw her forces were arriving back at the gate. "Get ready, they're coming. Take defensive caution, they could have more explosives on them. Any sign of it then back off and let those on the upper wall take the shots." With that, Shira took up her own defensive position.

Kaname

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The wait was the worst part. The moments standing on top of the roof tops just waiting for something to happen. Satoru glanced at the men who stood above the city with him. Faces painted in fear and hope met the Yamanaka's eyes, yet stirred nothing from him. Most of these men and women would die today. Some of them horrible deaths, but at least they left this miserable world fighting. Satoru lightly tossed a throwing knife in his hand as he noticed the small dots lining the skyline. As they moved closer, he still wasnt able to figure out what they were exactly but he knew the wait was over. From his roof top, he could see the sky explode in burst of oranges and red. That is Ikkadan's village, isnt it? Satoru thought to himself as he watched the colors dissipate into the sky. The screech of a radio signal rang in his ear and he winced in irritation.

"Ikkadan, Korudo, Shira. Any of you know what that was?" He said into his headset as he jumped down to a balcony. In the background, the mummurs of the villagers could be heard. They were quickly losing their nerve. Frightened fighters would be no use to Satoru. He looked about the streets, sensing the uneasiness of the volunteers under his control. They radiated fear and weakness to Satoru. "Listen up! Pay no attention to what happens outside these gates. Focus on yourselves. Lose focus, lose your--"

The rumbling wasnt noticeable till now. The buildings themselves now shuttered along the streets of Nougyou. The threat was near, yet none of the watchers had reported anything. The skies above them were clear, yet the rumbling persisted, becoming more and more violent with each passing minute. Satoru made his way to the rooftops. The volunteers strung their bows and ready themselves. A women was the first to signal at the sinkhole. The ground seemed to swallow itself, taking down store fronts and homes with it. The screams from the newly formed bit covered up any other noises in the vicinity. The sandworm reared its head, easily towering most of the buildings in the village. Satoru had witnessed sandworms from a far during his travels but never had he seen one up close. Its skin, a mixture or pink and brown dirt, seemed to have the durablity of a concrete wall. Whether or not the sandworm was part of the attack was not important, Satoru needed to get rid of it quick before anything else happened.

"Archers! Fire at will. Keep you distance and aim for its mouth!" Satoru shouted over the screams and commotion. He began to run east along the rooftops, covering ground in a few strides. He jumped down to the ground. The streets had been cleared out earlier which would help relieve the Yamanaka of any worry. He ran to the nearest volunteer and ordered "Tell everyone apart of the perimeter to slowly move in. I want that thing surrounded. Find anything that is flammable and direct it towards the sink hole. If you see anyone in between us and the worm, you evacuate first." The volunteer nodded and ran down the nearest alley as Satoru made his way up to the rooftops. The sandworm roared and flailed from the sink hole. It would be a matter of time before it would go through the city. It needed to be put down quick. The twang of released arrows filled the air as Satoru reached the fighting. By now, anyone this close could smell the putrid breath of the worm. Satoru clasped his hands together into a simple seal and reached into his back pockets. His hands flew out from behind him rapidly as petals of orange and pink darted out towards the sandworms head. The petals circle around the mouth of the beast like a cloud. The barrage of attacks hopefully would not only irritate the animal but defeat it. The village of Nougyou would not go down without a fight and Santoru would make sure off that.

Notes:
-Performed Silver Cloud Master Rank

Honma Kotone

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shugyoku​

The orders were dished out, and those who were command to, followed Korudo's will. They seemed to trust their commander, just like the other volunteers within the village, although but for how long would that trust last? After all, when you are commanding at such a young age, you have to consider morale and lack of respect - or dwindling respect - due to your commander's age, which might instigate thoughts about their experience and, possibly, their inability to lead. And as ordered, those who were designated to protect against the artillery fire were mowed down by the destructive force. After all, they were only of flesh and bone - how could they stop the catapults?

Korudo made his way to the South, after dispatching his troops, and made contact with the first wave of enemy soldiers. His attacks were mostly successful, although a few survived; even thought the were just moments from deaths door. However, hidden away behind a dune in the North, a series of catapults readied explosive shells; which they launched at an angle that would hit the Southern part of village; namely aimed for Korudo.

How would he react?

Kanuchi​

Shira had noticed the sticks of dynamite accurately, but that was not enough. Unfortunately, a decent portion of her forces were now destroyed due to the explosion; which left a hefty crater at the gate's feet. The tattered bodies, molds of flesh, were charred together like some kind of sticky, hot marshmallow on a stick. Truly this was such a waste of life that those who survived the explosion would take a moment to mourn the dead, a tribute to their friends, family and neighbors.

Next, Shira would engage the on-coming reinforcements with some kind of Plasma attack. However, it was deceivingly strong as the orb was launched from the dizzily tall height of the wall and into the main body of the force. The kinetic explosion from Shira's attack knocked a good portion of the force of their feet, however it did not deter the majority as they swooned forward with their blades ready. Of course, this meant that as the enemy squeezed into the gap in the wall; they had fitted themselves into a bottle neck: an unwise move.

Nougyou​

Perhaps the most challenging, out of all the villages, Nougyou would provide Satoru with such a massive obstacle. He was to face off against a Sandworm, perhaps the most fierce creature to ever exist among the sands of time. It was truly a fearsome creature that relied on its monstrous strength and was known for its dim wit. It really had the power to be thee most destructive creation, but due to its low intelligence, that would seem most unlikely. However, perhaps it was luck or maybe destiny, but Satoru seemed to know what he was doing. After ordering the volunteers to circle the creature, they would launch an all-out offensive.

They would launch their arrows, some even tossing their pitchforks, against the creature's rough-casted skin. For the better part, most of the arrows would thud into the belly of the beast, a figure of speech, and cause the creature a noticeable amount of pain. Even though their desired target was its mouth, some managed to, accidentally, impale its head - a soft spot maybe? However, the best move was saved till last as Satoru launched a beautiful flurry of petals, that seemed to harden and sharpen with chakra as they engaged the creature; aimed towards its mouth.

The continual bombardment hampered the movements of the Sandworm, but not for too long. It would swivel its body in a 360 degree motion; knocking back a large chunk of the volunteers and killing many more.

With even less numbers than before, what could Satoru have up his sleeve?

Kaname

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[Seeing as it has been 5 days I am skipping order]

The distinct twang of bow strings rang in the air as the sandworm stood its ground in the middle of the village. Many of the arrows fell short or simply bounced of the creatures hardened skin. On the rare chance that one of the volunteers were able to actually hit their intended target, the worm reared back in pain. Satoru could see that this would be a bigger problem than expected and continued to watch intently at the beast. A few arrows seem to strike a soft spot which caused a much more violent reaction from the beast. Streaks of blood dripped from small cuts in its mouth, but Satoru knew that it was far from being defeated. "Aim for the roof of its mouth or top its head! Come on!" He made sure his voice rang loud over the screams and cries that surrounded them. It was then that the sandworm seem to notice what the Yamanaka had said and swung its body in a wide arc. Buildings crumbled to their foundation as a cloud of debris rose up around the beast. Satoru had managed to jump out of the way, only obtaining a few scratches from the attack. He looked around, surveying the damage. He could see the bodies trapped underneath rubble and the crushing morale on the faces on the surviving volunteers. "All those who are hurt and are able to, retreat! Those who can fight, ready yourselves and continue the attack!"

The worm had created a small clearing around him, making it harder for Satoru to approach him. The shinobi launched himself towards the beast, shuriken flitting from his hands every few steps as he bounded over rubble. Once he was in good distance of the sandworm, reached out with his left hand while created a single hand sign. The sandworm is not a creature of incredible wit which would make this technique even more successful or so the Yamanaka hoped. Satoru would reach into the mind of the worm, replacing the sight of rubble and destruction with flower petals reflecting the sunlight. The smell of dirt would be erased as the passing wind carried sweet scents that would rest around the battlefield. If the technique would calm and slow down the beast long enough for the remaining volunteers to attack as Satoru to follow up with his own attack. His hands moved in a flurry of motion as he felt a sharp pull at his chakra reserves as arcs of wind flew towards the beast's open mouth.

Jutsu Used:
Wind Scar [Master]
Profusion of Flowers[Master]

Honma Kotone

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The worm would roar, crying frantically, at the pain which oozed from its head. It's multiple eyes, those hidden creases, became blocked with a sickly yellow blood that resembled its hard-sandstone flesh. Awkwardly, however, the worm's senses didn't rely on its sight but rather the vibrations within the ground and what not. It was a pretty confusing creature, you would think. As Satoru ordered his troops to retreat, collecting those who were either dead or injured, he would stay along with a minimal few; those who wanted to fight, but would most likely end up dying by the Chuunin's side. "Don't hurt my baby!" Screamed a voice, a slender figure standing on top of the worm's head - where did it come from? He would scream, yes it was a man, holding out his gloved palms to the incoming attacks.

Suddenly, those accurately launched attacks would be met with an untimely, unfortunate and altogether premature death at the hands of an invisible barrier. As soon as the combustive cloud, a bi-product of Satoru's attack, simmered down; one would be able to see a fairly large barrier, one which stretched in length to protect the creature.

However, as one's eyes were made clear, it would become so dearly obvious that the sandworm had all but vanished. What was the deal with that, you may think? Well, the slender, cloaked figure was going to explain - obviously. "That is my little baby you were trying to hurt! I'll crush you for that!" He would exclaim, shouting over a town of rubble as he perched himself against the backdrop of dusty pillars and sandstone misery. So, that sandworm was a companion of this man? A type of Inuzuka, perhaps? But it was a good idea to dismiss the creature, he would only hinder the battle that was about to begin...

But if that was true, then he wouldn't have allowed his companion to be hurt so much or even for it to fight by itself. "I'm Lieutenant, Gedo and you are on my hit list!" Eh, what? So, this character, this cloaked figure, was a part of the task force sent out by the King to claim these villages? And that sandworm, that might destructive beast, was his companion? Maybe not Inuzuka but something similar, perhaps. Gedo, the lieutenant, would make his presence known by leaped from rumbled house to rumbled house, approaching Satoru with a furious speed as he unsheathed his sickle from beneath his cloak.

"Die, baby hurter!"

Was this guy five?

[I'm cutting Ko out of this mission, failed rewards.
Shira, I'm PMing you.
Satoru, from now on you've got my full attention. I apologize about the waiting, you've been great so far.]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back