Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Fox Root [Weekly Solo]

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The predator creeps through the underbrush. The night above the vaulted cavern is near freezing, but here in the underground the climate is always temperate, heated by the geothermal energies radiating from the worlds core. Here there was no place for the weak, the untrained… the unaware. Only the strong would survive. Golden eyes peer through the bushes, eyeing their target, ever so slowly creeping forward until they dare not venture further for fear of being spotted. His rear would wiggle, crouching down and readying his legs for the attack. His tail would stay still, poised and ready until the final moment when his muscles would uncoil and heave the slayer into the air. Paws out stretched, there was no hope for the prey once the fearsome beast had his sights set. In an instant his jowls would find the stalk of his unsuspecting quary, clenching tight and snapping shut around it’s spindly form. With a quick tug upwards, the plant would become uprooted as the fox sat up with a look of pride on his face, his catch firmly gripped by his muzzle. CuRua: The majestic hunter of plants. Fox root to be specific.

Behind him he hears the tinkling of feminine laughter coming from none other than his friend and companion, Sagasu Yume. He would look back at her, grinning as best as he could with the foliage in his maw. She would come to stand beside him, retrieving his find and putting it into the satchel that she had brought to carry the herbs. Fox root was essential to the daily activities in the hospital but it was used sparingly and only for the patients experiencing excruciating pain. What made matters worse is that it wasn’t as simple as going out and picking it. No, it would seem that only those of the vulpes family had the required visual and olfactory senses to uncover its hiding places. As such the Inuzuka family had been tasked with its collection in Suna since its discovery. With almost no fox familiars left, this responsibility now fell to Yume.

Oh you fearsome hunter! The flora quiver in fear of your mighty teeth!

Do not mock the predator! For his is formidable and ruthless, leaving not a leaf standing to tell the tale of his epic feats!

Her laughter would yet again be heard, a beautiful smile painting her features in a soft light. His chest would puff out with pride as he would trot next to the woman. He has seen her through some tough times and was always amazed at her eternally mirthful attitude. A pang of sadness would tarry for just a moment, stinging his heart as he combats the feelings of jealousy which had been tormenting his soul as of late. Letting her wander ahead he would change his form from that of a fox to one of a man, rising his full 5’ 6”, barely towering more than four inches over her. With a couple of quick steps he would find himself behind her, embracing her small frame and resting his forehead to the crown of her head.

Yume had been feeling his sadness for a while, ever since she had met Asagao and gone spelunking with him in the caverns. He had been fine with her engagements with Sousuke and even her awkward advances towards Harupia. She couldn’t fathom where his unusual behavior had come from. She had no idea that even the mere suggestion that someone had claimed her lips simply enraged the fox. Their thoughts had been unusually quiet between each other since that encounter, each having their own things to ponder. Her muscles would stiffen under his encircling arms, unsure as to what conclusion he had come to. Giving her a squeeze, he would turn her to face him, golden eyes meeting her emerald gaze with a fearful look.

CooRoo… you can’t.

I know, Neesan … it’s just that they get to love you because they’re human. What they don’t understand is that you’re no more like them than you are like me. Sure, genetically you are. It’s just not fair. I’ve known you longer and they get to date you, to laugh with you… to kiss you. I get to sleep in your bed but not like they ever will. I understand the taboo. I would never suggest such depraved actions… I just… I don’t want to see you get hurt.

The Reynard would then fall to his knees, tears streaming down his cheeks as he knelt before his friend, unsure as to whether she would be angry with his confession or confused, perhaps even afraid. Had a familiar ever admitted to wishing to be the same species as their companion? Maybe her aunt was right. Theirs was a corrupt household. She would do better finding a canine companion and he returning to the desert dunes to live out the remainder of his days. He flinched a little as her hand is placed on his shoulder, ashamed at his weakness but willingly lifting his eyes when her fingers find his jawline and raises his gaze to meet hers. There was that smile. Never judging, always sweet, ever the saint to all she met. It was what made her beautiful and made him fear for her safety in the same breath.

I’m not oblivious to your feelings, CooRoo. I thought that was why you had originally stopped playing with me. I was becoming of age. You will always be with me. You will always be first in my heart.

His eyes would close tightly, biting his lower lip with one fang until copper danced over his taste buds. He would have to accept her answer. He knew she loved him as best as she could, as best as she was allowed. What he was asking was out of both of their reaches and he knew her well enough that she wouldn’t to allow her free spirit to be tormented by impossibility. Her hair would fall over her shoulders as she leans down to kiss his forehead, her scent filling his nostrils and providing the calm that he needed. The words that burned in his heart would go unspoken as he would turn back into a fox. In truth they never needed to be said as their connection was more binding than a curse seal. He would be there for her, even when others would abandon her. He would love her unconditionally, even to the extent of dying for her. She was his before anyone else knew she existed.

[MFT; WC:1107]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back