Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Foxes in the Eyes [Weekly solo]

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The patient sat on the examination bench, scratching nervously at his arm as his eyes darted around the room, unable to focus on one thing. His admission papers cite him declaring that he was seeing foxes and hadn’t slept in 72 hours. The corner of one eye was twitching, evidence of his brain trying to tell his body that it was time to sleep and his body firmly rejecting this suggestion. For a few moments, Yume just watched his behavior before she cleared her throat and address him.

Daito-san. Please tell me about how this all started. Have you had troubles sleeping in the past? Is there an incident where foxes have caused you trauma, either mental, physical, or emotional?

Nope… No… Uh uh… You can’t make me talk. You’re one of them. You have a fox. I know you. I’ve seen you with him. Colby or Carebear or whatever you call him. Yeah, he’s one of them all right.

For a moment, Yume simple sat there dumbfounded. She blinked a couple of times but each time her eyes opened, her stare was the unwavering look of ‘is this guy an idiot?’ Thin-lipped and silent, she lowered her gaze to the clipboard she held in her hands, examining the notes and the patients medical history. With sigh she would stand up and excuse herself from the room, ensuring to keep the door open a couple of inches. His constant babbling would follow her down the hall where the sedatives were kept in a locked cabinet. Taking out a small set of keys, she would extract a syringe from the storage cupboard and carefully measure and adequate amount of the drug to place Daito in a peaceful slumber but not enough to potentially place him into a coma. One had to be delicate when dealing with someone whose body and mind was so fatigued. Re-locking the cabinet, she would reach under the nursing station and gently scratched behind CuRua’s ears, tenderly stirring him from his midday nap.

Good afternoon sleepyhead. I’m waking you up early. I need your help. The patient in room 3F has been hallucinating and seeing foxes. Can you keep his attention for a few seconds?

Without so much as a nod in response, the fox stood up with a yawn and stretched before padding down the hallway to the aforementioned room, Yume close in tow.

YOU! Finally showed your face, huh? Staying in one spot so that you can work your masterful fox waves on my brain? You just want to steal the answers to the test but I know them. You can’t take from me what I know. Hey… what are you doing on the bed? Stay away.</B><i></i>

The man’s reaction was enough for Yume to know that her fox had succeeded in his distraction. Slipping through the open door way faster than most could perceive she would inject the full dose of the sedative into the patients arm, gently massaging the injection site while soothing coos of reassurance would reach his ears. His words had become a slurred and jumbled mess rather quickly as the drug took effect.

<B>I knew it… I… knew… you were… them… they… you… *snore*

Through the last of his deranged babbling, Yume managed to lay the patient onto the bed and cover him with a warm blanket. Signalling the nurses, she instructs them to wheel the man into his own room until he has awoken and could be properly assessed. Taking out her pen, she would scribble a note on his chart.

Patient appears to be suffering from sleep deprivation and has been administered a sedative. I would speculate that the disruption in his normal sleep pattern has been brought on due to stress regarding the upcoming written portion of his chuunin exam.
Psychological examination is required before patient is able to return to his studies as a shinobi.

Finding his room, Yume would place her chart into the pocket at the foot of his bed. Turning to leave, she would stop in the door way and look back at the genin with a puzzled look. There was one thing about this whole scenario that confused her. Why foxes?

[WC:708]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back