Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Gaining all the world to lose your soul. (Private)

Ko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The years of hiding out in Kumogakure were coming to an end, or so the Nanjirou was hoping after having learned of his freedom from running away from the place that had imprisoned him all his life. Despite Konoha not chasing him after all these years… the fear had kept him so confined and away from everything he ever wanted to do.

A new dawn had begun for the story of Sunuke, and with that he knew that he was probably weaker than most shinobi out there these days. The wrath seal wasn’t working as well as it could possibly. And he knew his ancestors unlocked much stronger forms where they could break the limits of what was possible for a normal Ninja. He even remembered reading about the times where the Nanjirou could push themselves to be able to dodge and counter some of the most powerful attacks with the largest ranges… But why couldn’t he do such a thing? His seal gave him some cool abilities, sure… but that was it.

Where was his powers to break through the norms? How could he gain the strength that Sunuke, the ghost he was partnered with, once wielded with such ease? The ghost was so tight-lipped about how he could obtain the stronger abilities and thus no longer be afraid of what was out there. Heck maybe he could protect people once more despite his aging.

But what was it? The Nanjirou had already been in deep thought for days, finding books in Tea Country about famous shinobi who once walked this earth and their training regimes. Tea was pretty neutral when it came to shinobi politics so it was probably the best place to look. Many of these regimes were intense to say the least, and most of these people ended up dying from their injuries or in battle anyway… so it was obvious that this wasn’t the right way. Even the Nanjirou of the past were recorded to have used the wrath seal… but it seemed odd that their wrath seal looked different.

Could it be that the wrath seal had evolved into its current form…? I don’t think when activating mine I could suddenly dodge a lot more.” He looked at where his wrath seal would be felt. Though the ones he had heard of were more of a feeling, the old seals seemed pretty visible in the stories he had read. No, in fact it seemed like there were subtle physical changes around the user more than anything. Maybe even a terrifying presence about them.

The Nanjirou would try and activate his seal and think about how he could be using it wrong. The ghost on the other hand seemed a little concerned that Sunuke himself was trying to get stronger. The goal had changed from surviving away from Konoha to getting stronger to tackle the problem if and when it came. Seemed like a fool’s errand.

”Look I know you’re concerned, Sunuke,” the Missing-nin remarked as he looked at the spirit. ”But I need to work out how you did it. How did our people push ourselves to the point the Wrath Seal allowed us to dodge some of the most powerful attacks without any concern?” The ghost looked away, before visibly sighing, and pointing to one of the books that Sunuke had already read.

”I already have read this one,” Sunuke responded to Sunuke, before going to pick it up to skim through it. ”I already said that this was already rea-.” The Nanjirou paused for a moment and looked at where the seal was. It was odd to see that the Wrath Seal was physically implanted onto where the heart would be. The similarity between that and what he had once read about the placement of the eight gates

”You know… it’s funny… the wrath seal placed on my ancestors looks very similar to where the gate of death is…” The Nanjirou chuckled to himself, before remembering about how many of his ancestors died in battle or from their wounds afterwards.

”Oh you have got to be kidding me!” Sunuke cried out, slamming the book and looking at the spirit. ”The wrath seal was right on top of the chakra gates?! That’s how they unlocked their powers back then?!” He threw the book at Sunuke the ghost, who in turn watched the book fly through his abdomen and onto the floor a couple of yards away.

”Shit man,” he cried out as he placed his hand on his head, feeling the sweat begin to drip on him. ”We were using the wrath seal mixed with chakra gates to fight our opponents? And that’s how we got so fast and strong? That’s… really risky, Sunuke…” The Nanjirou sighed and shrugged. ”So that’s why I could feel the Wrath Seal on my heart when I use it… because it’s actually on where the Gate of Death is.”

The missing-nin placed his hand on where his heart was, and sighed heavily. The limits of the human body had been reached, or the limits that the body had but on itself. It seemed his ancestors, in a bid to push through that, had instead cost their lives through using way too many of the gates.

It seems I’m at an impasse here…” The spirit was just quiet and spacing out in front of him while he looked down to his heart. ”Either I don’t get any better, and live within my means. Or I start unlocking the Wrath Seal’s true potential and risk becoming a cripple or dying to my injuries. It’s a tough choice really.” Any normal person would choose the former of these two options.

The Nanjirou would get up from the chair quickly, before having to pause to let the blood and balance catch up with him. He would be to walk out the door before the spirit tried to block his way in an attempt to warn him of the fate he would end up with if he continued the training.

”Look,” he started, walking through the ghost and out of the door of his place. ”You don’t understand that I’ve made up my mind when it comes to training. And I want to be able to activate the Wrath Seal just like my ancestors could… like you could. Now if you don’t get out of my way I’ll reveal how you died and you’ll be sent to the next life anyways!” That would shut the ghost up for now as Sunuke would find himself leaving the city and moving to the outer lands.

The countryside, though full of farmland and many shinobi travelling in and out of the village, was relatively quiet. He could find a piece of land that currently wasn’t touched by farmer nor animal, and use it so that he could work on unlocking the chakra gates. This would then give him full access to how the wrath seal should be. He understood the risks that he would be taking by using this technique, but he figured this would be the only way to be like all the other Nanjirou.

”Okay then,” he murmured to himself as the ghost watched from a distance away. He would begin to focus on where his wrath seal was, remembering the outline of the seal was that it started at the top. The chakra had to start there and open up the gates from that point. That way the body knew that the restraints were being taken off.

Sunuke first focused, trying to draw the chakra to the points that he needed to use. He had already trained his body to the point where the body could be pushed further than normal as the style he used pushed his agility beyond anyone he had met. The Wrath Seal would begin to push this further.

He would feel something in his brain begin to click, almost like a pressure as the chakra gate began to open up. Both a surge of power and unrelenting pain would begin to flow through him. He realised, through the stinging pain within his brain, that his muscles felt like they could push further than they usually could.

”H-hey I think I got i-“ the Nanjirou was interrupted as as the gate closed as quickly as he had opened it. It looked like he wasn’t really able to maintain it for all that long at the current level he was at. But the fact that he had opened the gate had released a technique that had been kept from Nanjirou decades.

The Missing-Nin would catch his breath once more, feeling his head pulse in pain from opening it the first time. However instead of being rational and taking a break, the Nanjirou returned to channelling his Wrath Seal to activate the first gate once more. He was obviously not going to give up as he had only just begun opening the Pandora’s Box so it there was no point stopping now.

”L-lets try… lets try one more time,” he managed to utter out of his mouth while his breath was uneven and heavy. ”Lets just activate the gate of opening… and then… and then call it a day.” He would keep on using the Wrath Seal, using its power to begin to push on the chakra gates in his brain. Once again he would feel the click of the chakra gate unlocking, followed by the course of power and slight tingling pain that would go through with it.

”S-see? That wasn’t too bad…” He seemed weak, despite having unlocked the secrets of pushing his body beyond normal human capabilities. The ghost of the previous Nanjirou looked on in concern, for he knew many who had perished unlocking these gates, and many more dying through learning how to unlock them. But his latest Nanjirou he was attached to seemed to be taking on the training fairly well. All those years of hiding and avoiding people had pushed his body to peek performance. It was only natural that he would find a taste of learning how to push himself even further.

”O-okay Sunuke we’re done for the day,” the faint call of the missing nin was heard by the spirit as the former Konoha shinobi decided enough was enough for today. One gate was good enough for now, and he’d rather not push it too much while he was still potentially needed for this tournament. ” I’d rather we rest now instead of trying to push my body too hard, and end up in a coma somewhere in Tea Country.”

He would begin to head home, body shaky from all the work it had suddenly had to get accustomed to. His walk would be more of a stumble as he tried to find his way back home. The pain in his head would fail to subside, throbbing about from one temple to the other as the chakra gates would try to calm down. Hopefully it would begin to clear over the next couple of days. Until then? Lots of rest and easy to make foods.

[Topic entered and left. MFT 1854 words]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back