Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Get away or Getting down to work?(Mission)

Basuta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[Topic Entered as INPC: Yamazaki Yuri]

Audio log #NS0031... Somehow... I'm alive.... I don't know why, but I'm alive. But my life as I knew it,... the life that was suppose to be a new start for me,... came crashing down. I guess I can't call this New Start any more, I'll have to find a better title for my audio logs as I search for the answers... How did my former clan find me? Could I trust that they believe that they ended me? Did Kamaru have anything to do with it? Did the Fire Damiyo?

It's been about a week since I received the mission, but it was the only lead I had. As I rode on a ferry boat, to the island of interest, I stared out of the window while my mind webbed together every event into one convoluted mess. If this mission was legit and still active, it would help to piece things together by verifying that Kamaru did indeed intend to send me here. Even if I was more than three days behind schedule, the perimeters of the mission gave a leeway of multiple weeks. Even if the information I obtained about the great gate event could serve as a reason for word unsaid... I'd much rather have this clarified to me. After some hours I arrive at an island and head toward an inn. Being dressed in the only clothes I had on me, that being my training/battle attire of black short heeled boots, black leather pants, and a one shoulder red top hidden under a red hoodie. For now I didn't bother with my glasses, chances were I wouldn't need them anymore.

I approached the desk of the inn with, "Hello, I'm looking for a Harada Iujushi. Is this person available or rather, would you happening to know where I could find this person?" I couldn't help my lack of enthusiasm or bluntness however one would look at it.

[Topic following the key events in the order of:
Get away or Getting Down to Work
Seeking Face
Personal Notice
The Things I've Learned (Work in progress-ish)

Kamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
A young man at the desk was about to say something when he was interrupted audibly ”Just a minute!!!” a voice piped out from the back. A plump and bubbly middle age woman came rapidly bounding out the back area wiping her hands off with a towel shoving the young man off his stool behind the desk and shoving the towel at his chest. Leaning onto the counter she beamed a smile as she took his place her hands cradling her chin giving Yuri the once over.

”Hiko go finish choppin’ da fruit for me for tonight. If I see any of da meat pies missing you be takin’ a switch na.” she explained waving him off to other chores with a threat without looking at him.

”Na girlchild, why ya wan talk to me god son Iujushi? Is it cus he a constable…or are you his…” she stated suddenly wiggling her pinky at Yuri at the end asking if Yuri was girlfriend. A flash of white teeth beamed a smile off the dark brown face staring at the young lady and a sparkle in her eyes with curiosity and full attention looked over Yuri. She would probably start wondering what she got herself into.

(OoC: Nosy inn owner all up in your business.)

Basuta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It seemed that young man at the desk was merely a stand in. That or Iujushi was a rather important person or a person of interest to someone. The guy was called away immediately and replaced with um,... a 'slightly' larger woman. It was no surprise that she would inquire to my ask for him but, I was very puzzled at first as to why the woman would hint at me being his girlfriend. I started with "Umm,... well..." to stall as I thought about it. This woman called him 'god son' so chances were she was simply hoping to set him up so to speak,... or tease me a t bit. Or she could have been lying to unearth infidelity with anyone that might be pursuing her man. If I had came about two weeks ago I would have loved to have been more spirited, more willing to joke around a little bit at the idea of being his "mystery girlfriend".

I decided to play the honest route rather than appeal to the woman in a super friendly nature. I placed my hands on the on the desk and gave what probably looked like a dull smirk. "I'm here on important business with the constable. I believe he should be expecting a Yamazaki Yuri... or probably has been for a while." As I stated my name, I touched my hand to my chest to point my out or present myself before putting it back on the table. I waited for a response, or whatever may follow, I leaned most of my weight on the desk and cross my left foot over my right to touch the ground with the toe of my left boot.

Kamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The larger woman sucked on her teeth realizing it wasn’t a romantic encounter her bubbling personality dropping a few levels to just good natured. ”Dat boy is probablee down at da station. He been talking bout some case ‘e be workin on dat been taking up all ‘is time. He don’t even come by to get one of my pies girl, cus ‘e dat busy girl. ‘is Auntie’s pie is gud ya know. Mr. Big Shot Investigata no time to socialize or even pop in and say ‘ey girl I ain’t dead!” she stated depressed. ”Child ya wan me tell you how to get to ‘is office? Now where me manners Miss Yamazaki you da next of kin or something for dat poor couple?” she inquired.

(OoC: Short post she can give you directions, a possible date, meat pie, and/or gossip it seems)

Basuta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
I would come to find out through further dialog, that this woman also was this mystery man's aunt. It made sense that she would play match-maker for him. Work bogged him down much from what she said, and it seemed that my absence added to his work-load. I started to feel bad for her until I thought about why I was late. It was almost impossible to genuinely focus on and care for others in the state I was in at the time. But still, I tried to be considerate, giving her nods here and there.

She then asked me if I needed help finding the office, to which I simply nodded stating "Please Miss...." And then she asked about my relationship to the couple. I though about it for a moment before leaning forward, "Well... yeah, although I can't say I know them very well. I'm sorry Miss,... but I've never heard of a meat pie. What is it like?" I felt I needed to deflect a bit. I didn't want to stay on the subject long but, I felt it best to lie here. If 'flow-play' was involved in this case, if they were selected rather than being a product of random circumstance, it would be earlier to get close to the truth if some gossip were to spread.

Kamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The lady gave Yuri directions to the office easily enough until she asked the horrific question of what was a ‘Meat Pie’. The lady’s mouth dropped open in shock and she moved back away from the counter. Suddenly tears started to trickle down her face, ”Oh you sweet deprived child… to think you’ve gun ya ‘ole life without knowing da wondas n joy of da meat pie…” she breathed out, ”Hiko! Bring me some of my meat pies ta go.” she suddenly barked composing herself again, ”Miss Yamazki, meat pies are a thing ‘ere local ya see. Yellowish tan goldan crust with a savory meat filling. It’s a snack, it’s a meal, it’s a quick pick me up when ya tiyad.” she explained, ”Non locals say it’s a little spicy..”

Hiko comes from the back with a small paper bag, inside are several meat pies wrapped in paper and something bundled up underneath it seems.

”I put in some currants rolls too in case they’re too spicy.” he declared putting the bag on the counter before looking at the two ladies and shuffling to the back room again.

[OoC: You have directions and a meal for two in a sack by the looks of it. If Yuri tries one of the meat pies she will find out they have a slow creeping spiciness but as you eat more it intensifies due to the use of scotch bonnet peppers.]

Basuta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The woman seemed very touched and generously offered me a meal. The simple gesture made me feel a little better,... like everything could possibly be okay after all... eventually. I felt my dull smile widen a slight bit more. She was a joyful one indeed, and it was kind of hard to stay downer for long. But I had a mission to complete and someone's work load to lighten. I lifted the bag from the desk and bowed to them in thanks, "Thank you some much. But I never got you name." I'd stick around for a bit, only to ask, "Umm, what were the Masunos' like? What kind of people were they?"

After I left the inn I traveled to the station, only to remember along the way I forgot to book a room for the night... or rather for the week and the next. Still, since I was probably going to have to go back anyway, I moved onward to the station. I tried the door hoping it would still be open by this time of day and proceeded where allowed. Then I approached the nearest desk I could and scanned the area looking for the first person I could find. I hoped to find someone who I could address or ask, "Excuse me, do you know where I can find the Constable? I believe he should be expecting a Yamazaki Yuri for a case." My only worry was that I just so happened to be standing in front of the Constable's desk that would be marked so with an obvious name plate.

Kamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
”Oh child where me manners now, Arakawa Kaede but everyone calls me Miss K. Well I didn’t know dat much ‘bout da Masunos. Dey never once try ta stay ‘ere but no one had complaints bout them people from what I know, they ‘ad some money so if you ‘ear they have a niece or daughter coming ya know my god child is single…” she explained clicking right back into track for her god son. Yuri would eventually excuse herself to get down to work or just get away from hearing the pitch over again. She could hear the woman inside telling her to stop by for dinner later if she liked and to bring her god son along.

Inside the person at the desk snapped out of zoning out when someone walked in. Sitting at a desk waiting for something to do seemed to be having a toll on him. After hearing the request and eyeing the bag with Yuri an angry voice burst out from behind the person at the desk from a private office almost getting him jumping out of his chair.

”WHAT DA HELL YOU MEAN YOU TINK ‘E ASN’T STARTED! DA MAN BEEN OUT DERE TREE DAYS!” someone roared with the sound of something falling over possibly a chair.

”C-calm down Iu na man… well… ‘e said ‘e wan ta do a bit o fishing, you know... what’s the da harm man? If it been tree days and dere’s no body found yet dere probably still dead where ever dey are right?” some seemed to try and calm him down.

There was silence that followed but the rage seemed to almost reverberate from inside the room second later.

”To...boy you got one hour na man. You tell him he betta be dredging for the body na man, or when I get out dere he’d gunna need a doctor….” he said before his voice started to raise again, ”Cus my foot gunna be so far up ‘is ass he gunna have a stomach ache if he ain't spittin out teeth!” he roared chasing the man out of his office wailing on his with a hat smack him upon the shoulders and head.

Still breathing heavy watching him go the man’s nostrils flared gripping his hat tightly in his hand still watching him go. ”And where the hell is Takemitsu!!!!” he barked out causing the scurrying man and the person at the front desk to lurch slightly.

”S-s-she out Boss… I guess she’s searching… A—a-a-also you have a lady visitor Boss." the man at the desk explained nervously making eye contact between the two.

The man standing at a little over two meters tall turned to look at the visitor. One didn’t have to be an expert to see the look of tiredness on his face and the bags under his eyes even with his dark brown complexion. He sighed rubbing his face with his left hand and coming forward. Unlike the rest who seemed to just be in casual clothes he wore a uniform. Sliding a dark blue beret under a matching belt on similar colored slacks with practiced ease he walked over his footsteps echoing a bit from polished black boots hitting the ground. An large hand snaked out from a muscular arm. Yuri would see the man's midchest at eye level probably encased in a pressed short sleeve light blue dress shirt. Considering his size and the fact it fit well it was probably tailored to fit considering his body type.

"My apologies for the outburst before. We’re stretched a little thin at the moment with the current events going on. Constable Harada, Harada Iujushi. How may we be of service Miss?” he asked with a polite and professional tone.

(OoC: PM me if you have any questions, also the inn you went to probably won't mind checking you in later... not just since Yuri is single)

Basuta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As it turned out, things were very lively at the station,... very angry. It succeeded in putting me on alert at the moment being that I didn't know who else he would take his wrath out on. It still didn't change my solemn mood too much. For a time my head turned slowly and my eyes darted back and forward to follow the one-sided dialogues. Fortunately for me, the larger man composed himself before coming to meet me, and fortunately for me,... again, I had time to consider my approach during his verbal rampage. He definitely had a different look compared to people back home. He surely was the alpha in this place,... looked like he could strangle a freakin' horse with a headlock actually. I probably should have considered him right then but my mind wasn't quite right.

"Well, hopefully with three things,..." I stated in a dull tune as I set down the bag on the desk of the office worker in front of me. I pulled out one of the containers holding a meat pie, hoping to use it as a 'I come in peace' offering and handed it to him. "So first, you can share one of Miss K's pies with me. Second, you can feel free to brief me or fill me in on a recent case. And three, forgive me for my tardiness... Yamazaki Yuri." I didn't show much joy, not as much as I would have liked to. I extended my other hand in hopes to meet his hand, granting a brief slight smile or grin, if you can even call it that, until I received his response either way and dropped the facial expression soon after... I just, couldn't hold up a good mood posture for long under my current condition. Still, it wouldn't stop me from getting to know the mission perimeters,... as well as the man,... at the helm of the operation.

[OOC: Sooooo glad I proof-read it this time. Error-Central!!! Not saying it's perfect now though./ Yuri's got to get her groove back at some point.]

Kamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Extending a solid but not crushing hand shake he nodded greeting the woman with realization of who she was and what had probably transpired, ”Miss Yamazaki we’ve been expecting you, I’m thankful for any help really in this case. Constable, Harada Iujushi and you’ll have to excuse my previous outburst. I take it my godmother wasn’t too much of a handful for you, if she was I apologize. Come in to my office I’ll show you what we have so far, it’s not much.” he said formally taking the boxed meat pie with his free hand. Yuri would notice the large man ate it rather quickly as if it was snack sized and possibly wondering if he had even chewed. To a man his size it probably was a snack.
”Could you make some tea for our guest and bring it into my office please when it’s done?” he asked the man at the desk that seemed content to try and look in the bag and was about to rummage through it before he realized the solemn stare of his boss. ”Sure Boss, save me a… never mind I’ll just grab lunch once you guys leave today…” he began before rationalizing his own meal plan strategy. With that the Constable picked up the bag and extended an arm directing her to the small office.

The area wasn’t big and seemed to sport all function and no form of decoration, one window, a desk with a chair behind it with two chairs in front of the desk, the desk had several documents on it that seemed to be reports he had been rereviewing, the largest wall held a map with several thumb tacks on it around the water lined in different colored yarn borders.

”I’ve made requests for people to dredge the waters close to the area, we’ve tracking the currents daily and trying to figure any changes that might wash the bodies ashore. Besides reports of something odd not everyone agrees on what was seen we really don’t have anything until we have the bodies I guess. I can hope it to still be a missing persons report but at this point I fear the worse. We can head out in a bit if you like. I have someone I feel a need to check on.” he explained diving into the bag and gobbling up two more meat pies before pulling a cloth napkin from his desk and wiping his mouth and hands before pointing at the bag offering the contents to you leftover.

A knock on the door and a voice stating they made tea can be heard.

(OoC: It seems his accent isn’t as thick when he’s talking to you, there are some meat pies left, and the tea looks reddish with petals floating in it mixed with ice, the reports are free to review if you like and you can inspect the map for the areas that people are supposedly looking for bodies.)

Basuta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
I followed the leader and stepped into his office. I stopped to look at a map on the wall,... reminded me of the good ole days back at Leaf City,... the comfortable able days. Come to think of it, that was probably part of my problems right there. I tend to get too comfortable in routines too quickly at times,... lazy and undisciplined. Anyway, I gazed over the in attempt to first decipher the meaning of the different colors of yarns; then secondly to see if at least two potential central locations had been identified, one on and one off shore. Although that wasn't my area of expertise, I had been present for some of those briefing in the past. The Constable began speaking as I stood inspecting the map.

I couldn't remember if the central locations I searched for were shown. I had to ask two questions though, "Does some of these show the common exit and return route they normally would take in there travels?.... Do you have an estimated central location on and off shore, in reference to the spots of interest I mean?" I was merely reaching for something a that point and would fill him in soon as to why. I took a seat soon after on the chair to the right, crossing my legs right knee over left and rested my hands on top. I did a quick visual sweep of the office before I took a couple of reports and looked them over. As I the processed the reports I stated dully, "From the looks of it to me, for right now these reports are our 'everything', at least until we find the missing Settan and Hoshi. Finding them washed up would be something to go on true but, if that's the case, hopefully not but if it were, the longer they've been submerged the more likely the evidence of the cause of death will be washed away. With the time that has already passed, it virtually could murder any chances of us finding out what happened... excuse the pun, it wasn't intended." ...To think, my mind was still making bad jokes, even when I hadn't the ability to enjoy it,... not that I would in this particular point.

After I placed the files aside, I decided to give one of these meat pies a taste. With a plastic fork I parted a small piece away and took it down. It wasn't bad, a bit spicy at first... I thought. I gave a small "Hmm", of interest. I took a two more bites and coughed. I wasn't one for spicy food and didn't venture pass mild typically. I tried to hold my composer and reached into the bag again after setting the pie tray aside, drew out a roll, and pulled off and ate a small piece,... and then bite into it sniffling. Couldn't really hide my lack of fortitude. We both received notice of tea and I took it as a prime opportunity wash down what some called hot peppers, more like poison at this level. "Yeah, let's go. Hopefully this orthopedic-enema will either not be needed or will get the job done." Fanning my face and taking a second roll and a few files to browse over, I stood up to get tea and leave should the Constable have been ready to do so.

Kamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yuri’s words seemed to put nails in a coffin for the larger man he sighed and nodded in understanding but he shook his head wishing the reality of things to be different than what was probably going to be found.

”We figured out where they would have likely dock up their boat, close to the area they were checking into onshore, here.”[/]b he explained a finger snaking on the map from an inn from the shore, ”Given the tides and wind while being out at sea considering the odd reports of what happened it puts them in the area or possibly the path of whatever it was as if they went through here we think.” he continued his long finger snaking back out into the water.

”We’re looking at the currents and trying to figure out where the wreckage is, if anything comes ashore it would give us a sign of more evidence being close or at least a better report on where to look. The reports from people are hearsay since I have about a dozen different versions of what happened being the most popular and that’s without directly seeing the boat or the couple just what was in the sky...” he added.

The case was put on pause when Yuri seemed to almost die trying the meat pies, the currants roll’s sweetness and tea’s tartness washed away the spicy taste eventually. With files, pastries, not a burning hot sensation in her mouth and the Constable to guide her Yuri was ready to go. The trip to the shoreline had Yuri seeing why the Constable had issues with the reports, they ranged a bit but it was either a light, lightning, or ‘the hand of the ancients’ coming down from the sky or from the island and a great thundering of something was heard.

As the two neared the water someone on a boat waved to them.

”You got anything yet?” the Constable boomed out.

”Noting yet. Came ta pick you up ‘na man. Who’s da woman?” he answered back covering his eyes with one hand and trying to scope out who Yuri was.

Basuta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
My mind cycled through the possibilities along the way. The only thing that people seemed to agree about was that flashes of light occurred at the time the Masuna's went missing. Genuine lightning storm,... someone imitating a storm,... maybe through the casting a ninjutsu... even gave thought to alternate life-forms from another planet. Take goodness I won't be sharing this with anyone soon. Due to more than one exclaimed direction I would go with either genuine storm or someone casting ninjutsu. Whew... it was a headache but, I knew I had to be patent. This was a jigsaw puzzle and I had to put this together one piece at a time.

My guide led us to the shore where one of his men were. They had an exchange of greeting before I was inquired about... or to... you know. Well, it's just apart of me was starting to feel like my old self because many intros I would need to make and I want to change things a bit. Even though I was still far from chipper, the old Yuri decided to shout, "Me?...Oh I'm his daughter. This is 'Take your kid to work' day." My face still looked very dull and lacking in humor regardless of the fib I told. Without looking over, I spoke to the Constable, "It's at this point I realize the need for a name tag or badge." I wouldn't be surprise if he took it as annoyance though. As the person came with better conversing distance I would state, "Sorry, I prefer not to shout greets through long distance yelling. Yamazaki Yuri, Coroner/ Forensic scientist from Iwagakure or Stone City, and god daughter of the missing couple." I felt it a little important to embrace the cover of inheritance, but given the situation, saw it best to at least seem like I didn't want to broadcast it. "What's your name?"

[OOC: Sorry about the wait. Wasn't sure whether he was going to pull up closer to.]

Kamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Iujushi’s head whipped slightly from Yuri to the man and flattened his hand before swinging it across his neck to the man to signify she was lying and seemed to oddly look around before his attention snapped back to Yuri, ”Wait, you’re their goddaughter???” he muttered.

The man on the boat was about to yell back something when a piercing whistle let out from the waves, a tan tall woman came diving from the waves with a speared fish in one hand smiling at the two on the beach and jogged up. The man on the boat let out a wolf whistle as the tan local woman made her way through the shallow water shaking water from her hair a smile on her face.

”Ha dis not ya girlchild? I’d hate to have to tell Miss K you have time ta fool around enough ‘n get kids but not enough time to settle down?” she said in a teasing tone looking up at the big man. If Iujushi was a large muscular man the woman addressing him in a casual tone would be the female equivalent if she didn’t have the massive bulk of muscles. He just seemed to roll his eyes at her jest though before she got his attention in another way. She was definitely in shape since the fact the boatman was still whistling and trying to get her attention she was obviously a local looker, ”I’m Takemitsu Miss. And Ha I think I know why the fish ain’t biting, this doesn’t look right.” she introduced herself shaking the fish from her spear.

Iujushi was about to say something back to her when he stopped and stared and the fish in the sand. He squatted and pulled a pen out and poked it. It definitely wasn’t right. He moved a fin about but he was a bit confused, the fish looked like it had been packed in salt for several months from the insides looking so dry even with coming out of the water, the outside looked mostly fresh though. The other odd thing was the almost perfect circular cross-section of the fish missing like it was cut out by a chef with precision.

Scratching his head the large man just stared and managed to go ”Huh…” while cocking his head to the side his mouth slightly agap trying to figure out what he was really seeing.
Takemitsu turned to Yuri in the man’s confusion, ”So you the missing peoples’ goddaughter and from Iwa? You eva see dead fresh fish with dried insides with holes cut in them up in da big city?” she asked striking up a conversation.

”HEY! How come she got to go fishing Boss!” the man from the boat yelled.

”You remember around where you found this in the water?” Iujushi asked the spear wielding woman who nodded back. ”We might actually need to go fishing.” he muttered to himself slightly disappointed in the idea.

Basuta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
While on the shoreline a woman appeared, armed with a spear. She seemed to resemble Iujushi a bit, well, far more than I did. Heck, I stuck out here more than prune in vanilla ice cream, hence the joke earlier and the the title I chose in relation to the lost couple. A goddaughter was far more believable than any blood relation, especially given my physical and culture differences to pretty much everyone else here on the island. I wondered why the Constable was being paired with me when he obviously had a better choice in front of him though... unless they were siblings or related in some other way. Or maybe simple had a different preference... What was his preference anyway?

Anyway, Takemitsu, the amazon hottie presented a fish that seemed to not belong in the these water, anymore anyway. As Iujushi inspected the catch, Takemitsu asked about the oddity. I shook my head to say no but,... had an idea of what this was. "This is could be good though,... fish don't naturally preserve themselves so we MIGHT be able to rule out a natural disaster. I'm starting to wonder... Does anyone have an idea of what they, the Masuno's, commonly traded? And ummm,... does anyone know if there are any cool places for food storage, like a shack or cafe`,... maybe even underwater caverns nearby?" The second was a bit of an odd question true but, food storage typically requires a cool environment. But still underwater caves was a bit of a stretch but, it would be too perfect of a place to hide if that were the case. Still in my dull mood, somewhat... responded to the fishing statement, "Sure, I'm good for it I think. Am I going to need a bathing suit too or should I just go all natural?" I held a straight face while I stared at the fish in the big man's hands. It was like I was trying to make myself laugh but too bummed out to be anything be serious. But the fact that I was joking told me that I was in the process of coming around.

Kamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Iujushi was the first to respond to the line of questions from Yuri, ”Broadfin don’t taste the same after being dried though when eaten, too bitter. Island life and a bounty of fresh food sources are shown a lot in our diet and cuisine here. Masuno was a merchant I believe by trade but I didn’t really get into what he imported and exported that much. He wasn’t a stranger to the island though, he’s been coming here since we were kids. Island’s natural makeup doesn’t allow cave’s really due to how the sea is and how the island formed unless it’s far below the surface, maybe under the reefs. We’ve never heard or seen one before though, right?” he stated offering some speculation before he was interrupted.

”Miss Yuri you’re Settan-san‘s godchild and you don’t know what he did for a living?” Takemitsu asked her lips pursing and her eyebrow raising before they both furrowed together for a few second before she continued.

”Meh, if you need a swimsuit…” she began with a shrugged she planted the butt of her spear in the sand deeply before pulling strings from behind her neck, and back then both sides of her waist. It would probably shock the others on the beach to see the lady pull off her yellow bikini and hold it in hand for Yuri if she wanted to wear like she had asked for a hair scrunchy.

Although Iujushi had a dark complexion as his jaw set into place his head and neck seemed to start to shake, ”Ta ke-mi-tsuuuu>” he growled through clenched teeth, ”You can’t just go around stripping in public! What if kids see you! It’s indecent!” he barked chastising the woman next to him.

”I can’t see to well Boss! Have her come on the boat that way kids won’t see!” chimed in the boatman who was craning his neck to get a good look to no avail.

”Yeah but she asked for a swimsuit, Iujushi what’s the big deal? You use to see me naked all the time, we’ve bathed together, I’ve seen your thing… and a little skinship between woman is okay. Unless you want her swimming and in the nude… Oh did you want to see Miss Yuri’s natural back stroke…Eh?” she started to tease the large man before she stood upright, ”Kinda drafty…” she said putting a hand behind her before looking at the two like she hadn’t done anything wrong or weird.

Shaking his head the large man unbuttoned his shirt muttering to himself mostly and tossed it to the nude girl teasing him. Unlacing boots and unbuckling his pants he revealed himself to be wearing a rather tight form fitting swimsuit before tossing her his pant and belt as well. His physic didn’t leave much to the imagination in his swimsuit; he was definitely in shape even sporting a few large scars on various parts of his body that seemed older.

”Well put some clothes on!!!” he barked to the girl next to him before looking at Yuri, ”If you want to change, I’d suggest doing so behind the trees at the edge of the beach instead of out in the open,” he explained calming down a bit, ”If you don’t feel like wearing it I don’t mind carrying you, I already have one person to carry another wouldn’t change it that much more.”

Takemitsu wasn’t petite in height really but wearing the larger man’s shirt looked more like a poncho or frock than a really shirt. The fact she opted to tuck it in and wear his pants with the belt tied in a knot right under her bust with the pants rolled up looked a bit obsense. It was an odd version of someone playing dress up in their parent’s cloths.

Iujushi shoved socks and his beret into his boots lacing them together and waited to hear Yuri’s response.

(OoC: Yellow two piece bikini acquired, your choice to try it on if you like and where you change. From what they’ve figured out locally no one would do this to a fish to preserve it unless they didn’t know what they were doing. Boat ride if you’re not in a swimsuit so you don’t get your clothes wet is available.)

Basuta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Well it turned out and my assumtions were incorrect. This job was a bit harder than I thought. Thinking back on it now I acted as if there were a group of teenagers and a talking dog present. After being educated I offered an apology, "Sorry, I took on some assumptions and jumped the gun." However, they then began to question my link to Settan, as it seemed that most people on this island were very close knit. I shrugged a gave slight sigh, "Well, I didn't know much about my actual parents either. All I knew about the Masunos' was that they were sailors and tradesmen. Never bothered to dive in deeper... Maybe, I'll get the chance."

From around that point, the woman decided to strip down completely, not being shy at all. Me? I wasn't about to compete with any of that. I mean was and am pretty fit given my profession but, I feared embarrassing myself further. They went back and forward about it, and Takemitsu even mentioned a history of shared nudity, only to throw him back my way. What was their history? I'd ask in a bit thought, but wanted to deflect some of the pressure off of me having stated, " Umm, let's see what we're work with."</U><i></i> I moved closer to inspect the fish a bit further but found the Constable stripping down further. Truth be told... I was setting him up the moment he stated to unbutton his shirt. I looked him up and down when he finished and actually started to chuckle,... barely enough to qualify but it was there. "Hmhm, umm, I was talking about the fish,... but I'm flattered."<i></i> I had smirked for a moment until I realized I didn't want to be happy at the moment. I wanted to be more professional and more serious believing it was my almost carefree nature that got me into my personal dilemma.

I declined the swimsuit and instead simply took off my hoodie to reveal my red one shoulder(left) top that draped on the other side, and worked my way out of my shoes and socks, leaving on my leather pants. I didn't think too much about how leather in fresh water would react to skin but wanted to simply avoid being exposed while on the boat. Way too shy to walk my talk. I left my effects on the shore and stepped on the boat. I hoped to take the boat out as far out as far as needed before diving in. Not many people knew this but even though I can swim, I hide muscle due to my particular training methods making me a little more dence than the average person, thus I required more effort to stay afloat. I wasn't lacking in stamina at the time but didn't want to needlessly push myself. I took the time to address Iujushi before leaving shore though, <U>"I apologize for my joking too much. You seem to be under a lot of stress and can probably do without it." I wanted to tell him that I would try to be more professional but didn't want him to cosign on that.

Kamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Iujushi being boxed in from teasing on both sides seemed to shut down and just focus on the missions and gathered up the belongings. He thanked Yuri but his tone seemed to be a bit clip and waded out to the boat with Takemitsu on his shoulders she knew what he was doing and figured she had gone a bit rough with the teasing on him considering the change in attitude. With a fist out Iujushi dropped Takemitsu’s swimsuit into her hands saying something that made her pale a bit before looking around at the rest, the trio had managed to get on board before he looked at Takemitsu, ”Let him know about where you found the fish, I’ll go down myself and take Yuri with me since she seems capable if you doesn’t mind. Miss Yuri any objections?” he stated pushing out their game plan to the group. Takemitsu seemed at odds as she explained to the boatman where she was, between the two of them they got the boat where they needed to be, Iujushi looked around as they stopped and closed his eyes folding his arms across his bare chest. Fixing out a compass he pointed telling the boatman to redirect them.

”But this is where I got the fish? Why do you want to move?” Takemitsu asked.
”Unless it was moving still on its own accord when you caught it from the currents over the past few days it came from this way Takemitsu” he shot back raising an eyebrow. ”My apologies about earlier I might have been too harsh when I said-“ he began before he was cut off.

”I don’t feel well I’m going home.” Takemitsu stated facing away from the group and stripping out of the man’s uniform and fishing her swimsuit out of the pocket. Diving into the water suddenly and swimming for the beach in the nude had the group in silence, no comments were made about a naked woman onboard. Iujushi sighed a bit and asked the boatman to do as he had asked. Sitting down in the back of the boat the larger man looked up at Yuri and shrugged apologetically.

The eventually made it to the sight Iujushi wanted to be with the small boat gliding eventually to a stop. With the boat bobbing and the sounds of the sea around them the trio left in the boat waited in silence. Iujushi brewing and the boatman unwilling to be the first one to speak after the akward situation.

(OoC: You have the option of asking Iujushi what that was about or not. Taking him up on the diving is also an option either way to see if something can be spotted below.)

Basuta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As I sat on that boat, I looked out to sea. Until then, I hadn't realize how nice and calm water, mean just water could be. There was however a since of dread that followed shortly after. How easy would it have been to get lose out there? And if I disappeared under the water, would ANYONE be able to find me?... Or, who would even bother to look? Thankfully there weren't any mind-readers there so could give the Captain a simple nod and thumb up to his request without worrying the next person.

When it came to pinpointing the location from which our main lead came, there was a brief dispute between the pair that seemed to know each other quite well. The female half of the two didn't seem to happy about being questioned or challenged, or maybe it was leadership or trust thing... I don't know. All that I pieced together was that this was more than likely not the first time this type of discussion happened. Takemitsu did what almost any of us would do when severely upset and left by truly, literally jumping ship. Silence took her place soon after and seemingly would remain. Typical.

Upon arriving at the request area, we glided to a slow stop. "Okay okay, I'll start it off then." I felt a need to address theee,.... ?elephant? that wasssss, ?not? on the boat... I don't know how it should be put but, at the time I didn't what to inadvertently call the neither huge man nor the woman he knew an elephant. I crossed one thigh over the other to signify that desire to hold position. I directed myself at Iujushi, feeling like a doctor of sorts. "So, before we dive under,... you and Takemitsu, has your relationship always been like this? What history do you have with her?" I needed to get to the bottom of this as soon as possible to not only end the awkward silence but, to try to ward against the Constable's nature to dive people away. We were already short on man-power, which in this case might make that statement sexist, and we had just lose an asset that found our current leading clue. I just hoped we could get somewhere before we continued and I not have to chase after him underwater with such issues still in the air... Hmhm.

[Yuri will dive in either way. We can split the conservation if you like or role-play it all out first. I'm not sure how long it would take for Yuri to get to the bottom of this.]

Kamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The serene beauty of nature creeped into Yuri’s thought almost as suddenly as the mortality of the missing couple thought to be dead. Broken away from her thoughts of calm and dread a socially awkward moment occurred. In the dead silence Yuri was the first to speak. She caught the large man staring at the waters and his clothes in a heap on the ground as she started to speak.

There was a sudden snort and the boatman started to talk ”Rela-“ he began before he looked at the large man. In his slimming swim suit staring at the boatman he seemed to have one thing going on with his body language telling the boatman to shut up if he wanted to live.

With a sigh the large man stretched his back, ”Yes and no. Always somewhat close, somewhat far apart… kind of like cousins you see on occasions. Only problem this is a small island so missing each other that often means you’re being avoided. “ he stated in thought, ”Settan Masuno use to come here a lot as a teenager and young man as a boat trader. He was kind of like a big brother to her especially after her parents died. She’s a strong girl but she has a tender side few know about. As Masuno got older he seemed more like a father figure to her. He even put in a word for me to study how to be a real cop up in the Capital Maruishi so even I looked up to him and respected him. He was a successful young man that became a successful man by his own work and hands. I knew he had a girlfriend by the time I came back after my graduation but Takemitsu was different, since he wasn’t coming to the island as much I guess she kind of closed herself off. He visited later with his girlfriend and they had a talk. Didn’t realize he had proposed to her and they were newlyweds. They had a falling out. Take and Masuno. She’s kind of a free spirit now and I rarely see her unless I ask adamantly and it’s important otherwise she keeps to herself. On an island this size it’s hard not to know where someone is. Someone should have seen them. People rarely see her. I want to find out all I can but Take seems reluctant to find out the answers on what happened. When I said we owed him that much and to see who killed him she told me he died for her a long time ago. I guess I said too much. She’s probably dealing with a lot too since Masuno was like a father to her, it’s like losing her parents all over again. Enough of the locals depressing stories though, gotta find out if we can get a line on the bodies if possible.” he stated finally standing up and stretching. ”Anything else?” he asked over his shoulder seemingly ready to dive in whenever the conversation was done.

(OoC: You can chat some more or later. Dive in or converse some more.)

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back