Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Open Going for a run

Kureji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Kimiko Sumire is pure speed with her physique. She has ran around the entirety of Sand Village in less than hour and all she has left is to run in the Undersea. Now here comes the interesting part. Running on top of water without using chakra to keep her up.

Naturally, she was able to do this with ease with how she had conditioned her body. When she ran across the water, water would splash all around mainly with each time her feet connected to the water. She would see that she was running straight to a wall. A smile would come across her face as she would continue forth and right before impact was made, she would turn ethereal and pass right through the wall to end up on the other side of it as she continued to run through the caverns.

Eventually her run came to an end and Sumire decided to take a small break to sit down and just enjoy looking at the beautiful and pristine water with all of the different and excitingly unique fish swim around. Of course there would be some sun crystals that would dot the place, but not many would really take such a thing as the fish in these waters were a much more rarity to behold.

Tanatsu Neko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
Neko watched her sister making the rounds for some time, she waited patiently from her vantage point. Once Sumire sat down and came to rest, she crept up slowly. She knew her sister well enough at this point to know her mind would be elsewhere, and it wasn't like she'd be afraid down here as she was a Jounin now. So, seeing her opportunity, she muffled her voice with her hand and crouched down behind her seat.

"GIVE ME YER MONEY THIS IS A WOBBEWY!" She blurted out without a second thought. The ass kicking she was about to receive was absolutely worth all the Yen in the world for the joke, and if she could actually startle her it was even better. She wouldn't put up a fight to whatever Sumire did in response, in fact she'd simply laugh and roll with the punches. She was just happy that she could catch her on a day that neither of them were busy for once.

The pair at one point were inseparable, though naturally with age and rank comes less time to enjoy themselves. Thus the two had not caught one another except when eating at their family home on occasion. She was truly smitten with her older sister, she idolized her in almost every way. After Kureji had up and vanished, she really fell into a slump having no one close to talk to. Then they met and she had never felt more connected to anyone, so much so that even now at their adulthood she was still trying to find excuses to hang out with her.

Kureji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sumire would take this time to really appreciate the time to unwind and just reflect on life. She has done all that she can to be happy since her that was what her late Sensei would have wanted. She has gone on to also pass on that happiness to other people as well.

After a while, she would just be lost in thought as she would stare at the fish that were swimming by. That is, until someone yelled in her ear. Full reflex mode went on as Sumire would turn around with lightning fast reflexes to deliver a devastating punch. But upon seeing that it was her sister, she would be fast enough to redirect her own fist and lessen the force of her punch to make her fist connect with the ground. If one would count that as connecting the ground as she left a fist sized crater in front of Neko.

"Ya know. You could have asked for some yen and I would have given it to you anyways." She would bring her sister in for a hug. She would stay like this for a while. Even when Sumire was taken in by her foster parents which are now just family to her, she felt like there was something missing. Then she met Neko, a younger girl, and they had instantly hit it off as if they were sisters. Sumire would not want anything to happen to Neko as she is her sister. Eventually, Sumire would pull away from her and dig through her pockets, eventually coming up with a wad of yen.

Handing it to her sister and then patting on her head, Sumire would then say, "You doing good?"

Tanatsu Neko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
Neko would hop over and sit next to her sister, waving off the Yen but her eyes did widen at the sizable contribution she was almost handed.

"Geez girly, I gotta get on your pay grade. No no, I just was pulling your leg." She'd look out over the water for a moment, "you know, I am going request a transfer here soon. We're going to have to make time while it still exists.. oh uh what do you know about a uhm.. Roku? He's a chunnin I think, around my age, little weird? Know him?"

She would wait for the answer but intensely avoid any form of eye contact. She didn't know why she was asking this to her, but who else could she? I mean there wasn't anything there to imply anything, so hopefully it would be left well enough alone, but it also wasn't like Neko to bring anyone up in the first place. She had done well to avoid people mostly, so for her to ask something had to be up.

Kureji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Pocketing back the money, Sumire then said, "Oh... And here I thought you wanted to go shopping with dear ol sister." She would listen to what Neko had to say further. The talk would go on to how she was transferring. She wondered if Neko was going to be Medical or ANBU. Either way that branch would indeed have a fine new member in its midst. Though, she was a bit saddened that they won't be part of the same branch.

She listened on as Neko would talk about a Roku. A boy around Neko's age. "I mean. Maybe. I try my best to get to know all of the people in my branch, but there's a lot." She focused on the words Neko had said. It sounded like... "Oh my Primus! Wait. You've got a crush on him don't you?" She would take a deep breath and say, "Okay, how about you slow down. I can't have my sister having her heart broken over a guy."

Tanatsu Neko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
Neko's eyes shot wide and cheeks reddened, she was frankly thinking of what to say. No, she.. didn't? She barely knew him, that's not what this was, right?

"Ha ha, super funny. As if I'm interested in anyone aside from Ko.. just.. ew stop."

Her voice was shaky almost as if she couldn't even try to hide anything from her sister. Though since they had met, she never really had. So now she was finding herself between a rock and hard place. On one hand she could be honest with herself and her sister and say that maybe that was a thing that she was feeling but on the other hand That would require her to be honest with herself as well. Neko really didn't know much about this sort of thing but what she did know, she wasn't about to admit it.

Her face was now bright red and she was scrambling as she reached into her jacket pocket trying to find the loose cigarette that she had hidden away for just such an occasion. She pulled it out and put it in her lip not lighting it yet, her hands were too shaky to find purchase on the matchbox.

"Come off it "

Kureji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
She would laugh, seeing her little sister flustered. But then there was another name. or would it be the start of a name? "So you're interested in a Ko, eh?" Sumire would tease Neko before putting an arm around her for a side hug.

Okay, so maybe Sumire didn't want Neko dating because she was afraid that the girl might end up with a broken heart. Sumire would use the Gate of Death and Night guy to protect Neko, just to know that she will be alive and well. But in the end, she knows that she can't always be around to protect her sister. Giving her a kiss on the forehead and gingerly taking the cigarette away from Neko, Sumire would then say, "Though if you do meet that special somebody, I'd like to meet him. I can only accept the most perfect person for you to date!"

Tanatsu Neko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
Neko sighed as it was pulled away from her, "you know.. you make it hard to have a habit." She let out a small chuckle, before leaning back and looking down. "No, Ko is not a thing.except a crush I had since I was in the academy. Chikamatsu Kohana, I mean come on." She let out a laugh, slowly it fell into a more somber tone. "No I uh.. I don't actually think I'll end up dating anyone, so save that energy for yourself okay?"

She looked back to her sister with a fluttering smile, one that seemed genuine but as if it was stuck between forming a real smile and falling into a frown. She was clearly in thought but not trying to communicate whatever it was in her mind, or at least it seemed that way until she spoke again.

"I'm.. look I know we.. anyway just let's talk about something else"

Kureji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"Some habits are good to have, others, not so much. Sometimes you'll just need to pick up a healthier one that would help counter or even get rid of your bad habits." She would say with a smile. Hearing her talking about a Chikamatsu Kohana of having a crush on this person, but her opting to not go and date someone. "I just want you to be happy. Heck, I'm still looking for that special someone to sweep me off my feet. Or would I be the feet sweeping?" She would ponder on that thought until Neko had asked her to talk about something else.

She would nod, not wanting to push the subject any further if the girl doesn't want to. "So..." She started, "Tell me about your dreams. There must be something you aspire to be or you want above everything else. I can go first. I want to be strong enough to protect the people I care most about. And I hope that I can inspire others to do the same!"

Tanatsu Neko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
"Well.." She thought for a moment, debating what exactly to share. "I can say I am going to work on a path that will help protect the village. I want to make a difference, be an example for kids that grew up like me. That sorta thing.. Maybe teach one day, I don't know." She let out a long sigh, "I guess pretty much the same thing as you with out like.. Being you? Does that make sense?"

She would look at her sister, "I'm going to be going into the branch, I know I'm not supposed to tell people but I can't not tell you. I just, I am going for it. If I make it in, I won't be able to really pursue that whole swept off my feet thing. There isn't room for that. I just need to come to terms with it you know? Sorry, I don't need to be dumping this on you right now, I know that. But, it's just shitty timing on my end as usual."

She would think to herself while waiting for her sister to speak, 'Just.. don't cry, don't cry, we're good, everything is good, I am fine..'

Kureji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sumire would smile at what Neko had to say, well at least the first part. Being like her without being like her. She wants to make a difference and help inspire others around her. But Neko surely knows of Sumire's training and how grueling it can be at times. Sumire may have accidentally woke up her younger sister when she goes out early right before sunrise to train. But however Neko goes about helping others, Sumire would support her all the way.

Neko would then go on to talk about what type of branch she would want to go into. The way she described it, Sumire knew. ANBU. She would want to keep Neko close to her, but she knows that if Neko wants to be in another branch, that is by all means her choice. And if that makes her happy, then Sumire would be happy for her. "Ultimately, that is your decision. If that makes you happy, then I will support you all the way." She would pause before going on to say, "Just don't think that you can shoulder all the responsibilities or other all by yourself. You have me and your friends, and our parents."

Tanatsu Neko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
Neko listened to her sisters explanation of things with a somber expression. She knew it was true but she still felt in her heart like there was something she needed to say and couldn't find the words to do so. "I know, I just... I am worried I'm going to get too attached to someone. That's all.. besides if I'm being honest Sumi, the other night. I was on the roof with Roku.. I felt .. seen. For the first time in a long time I felt like someone saw me for me, and just.. wanted me for that. Ugh, I sound like some stupid kid, I need to stop"

She sighed and looked to Sumire, "well I'm working on getting credits to teach. For what that is worth, it changes the topic at least." She let out a genuine chuckle, "I'm in over my head I think."

Kureji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sumire would shake her head, "You're not some stupid kid. You are THE Tanatsu Neko! You can do anything if you put your mind to it." She would pause, and then say, "Getting attached to someone. It means that you are alive, that you want a future. Whether it be becoming the best in the branch you want, or going for that guy you dream of. Attachments can hurt if you lose someone. Believe me, I know. But it helps us remember what we care about most. And right now Neko. You are what I care about most. And I thank my late Sensei for teaching me to care for others."

She would listen to Neko speak more, about teaching and how she's in over her head. Again, she would shake her head. "You're not the only one, you know. Not a lot of people really know what they want until late in life really. Even fewer people who know what they want don't exactly know how to get there. And an even smaller pool of people actually one-hundred percent knows what they're doing. My Sensei had told me that it's never really about the goal, but rather the journey that you take to get there. And that's why you must know that you're not all alone in this. All you've gotta do is ask and people will help. I will especially helpp you."

Tanatsu Neko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
Neko would listen to her talk so passionately about her late sensei's teachings. It made her think of the people who had practically raised her up until she was adopted. Shin, Raizo, and Kureji all had a major role in who she was as a person today, and she never really gave them enough credit for that. But the reality was if it wasn't for Sumire, Neko would be gone in the wind by now. She was the entire reason Neko wound up more or less on the straight and narrow, as well as that she was learning to be herself more openly with others.

"Well.. you have a point" she said timidly, "I think it only scares me because.. I am afraid I'll mess it up." Her words sounded like they could've been about anything, but the tone and weight made it far too clear to Sumire. This poor girl had been bitten by the bug, and now was stuck thinking about what could be. She was obviously trying to use this opportunity to voice her worries, but under the guise of it being about her branch and Shinobi experience. She was never afraid or confused when it came to that, she knew what she wanted and would fight to get it. But this new experience of hers must've left her with some sort of question.

"I shouldn't be keeping you, I know you have a lot to do". She stood and dusted herself off looking longingly to the water. "We can make time for a shopping trip soon, I owe you one at least." She laughed and looked to her sister, a single tear rolling down her cheek. "You know where to find me right?"

Kureji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
When Neko said that she is scared that she will mess it up, Sumire would take her sisters hand in hers and stare into her eyes. "Listen to me. This is something that you need to take to heart. Don't let fear control your life. Not taking that risky step in life and you would never know whether or not it could have been or not. And I feel like that is worst than knowing. And honestly sis, you are really cute. I'm surprised you don't have guys tripping over each other to steal your heart. You just need to be confident in yourself. You'll be fine."

She would stand once Neko stood up, listening to her speak. She would wipe her sister's tears away and pull her in for a hug. "I better find you at home. I gotta stop by the store and get some groceries so I can cook up some dinner."

Tanatsu Neko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
Neko nodded to her, "exactly where. I'll head off now, stay safe and see you soon." She turned and walked off putting her hood up as she did.

[Topic left]

Kureji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Once Neko would walk off, Sumire would smile to herself before making her way to the grocery store and grab the necessities before going home to start cooking.

(topic left)

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back