Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Goodnight Sweet Prince [Sousuke]

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The halls of Kingshelm were somewhere that medical staff was rarely found. The business conducted with in its walls either fell under bureaucracy or social event, neither of which you’d want a Mednin were involved with in an official capacity. The Inuzuka looked around with wonder as she took in the craftsmanship as she slipped through the doors. It was simple and yet beautiful in a regal manner; fit to pay tribute to the One King. Her footfalls were as soundless as her companions as they made their way towards the effigy in the centre of the entrance hall and bowed low in respect to the man who had led their ancestors. There was always a place in the world for inspired men and it was responsibility of those men to lead the people.

Her heart was pounding as she wandered the halls, allowing her nose to guide her to the rooms where she needed to be. For a moment it was difficult to distinguish the exact path to take and had to double back when she realized that the Steward had been in these rooms earlier but had since moved on. Her eyes would dart down hallways before rounding corners, ensuring that she wouldn’t encounter anyone else as she wasn’t entirely certain she was supposed to be there. Stopping in front of smallish office, CuRua sniffed under the door and confirmed her assessment; he was here. Slender fingers curled into a fist and gently rapped on the door causing it to swing open enough for her to peek in and spot Sousuke at a desk, leafing through papers.

Hallo Sousuke… I brought you food. I’m sorry if I’m interrupting. I can leave quickly if that’s best. I just know you get busy with work and forget to eat.

Slipping into the room, she would close the door in the same unlatched position she had found it in before crossing to stand at his desk. Holding up a small bag containing a cylinder of chicken vegetable soup and a ham sandwich, she would offer it to the Steward with a smile and outstretched arms. Chewing her lip a little, she would feel her cheeks alight and betray her nervousness. She had always made sure to arrange to meet the Steward when he was not conducting his business but she hadn’t seen him since the Christmas party… well… outside of having to perform surgery in the middle of a double shift. She hated to admit the weakness that compelled her actions but she had missed him.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke looked up from his work which really wasn't work ... at least not proper office work. Sousuke had been actually styling ... a cake. The Steward had been trying to improve his cakes lately. Still they had no taste, but at the very least he took to the art of customizing them. As Yume stepped in her promptly placed a box on the cake to hide it from view and pretended to be going through some paper work. "O-oh? Hello Yume."<i></i> He didn't expect her of all people to find him here. King's Helm had sort of become his ... neutral ground for his cake art ... experiments. "You're not interrupting anything important. Just ... just going through some numbers is all."<i></i> He looked at the bag she offered him. He tapped his fingers together. "Oh. Yes. thank-you...it does smell delectable in the extreme."<i></i> Sousuke would reach out to take the package. "Ah. My favourite. How did you know...?"<i></i>

As Sousuke went to place the package down he flipped over the box revealing his cake which he was working on. Sousuke very much like Yume chewed his lip, and then he hung his head in shame. "This may or may not look exactly what it looks like. Yes. That is indeed a chocolate frosted cake. Yes. Those are flower designs on it... with very precise and mirrored positioning..."<i></i> Sousuke's eyes shifted to the side. "Thank-you for the lunch ... uhm and you are most welcome to try my cake. I made one for Okibi back for her birthday. My mother nearly needed a paper bag to breath into because I ... never do this sort of thing. The cake though lacked taste, very much like the soup I made at your residence... so ... I figured in the event the cake fails to have a taste, at the very least it will look visually pleasing..."<i></i> The steward explained. "I can't promise anything about the taste, and ... well I hand crafted all the roses and tulips myself. Sugar crafting is alot like ... blacksmithing with runic details."<i></i>

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
His mention of it being his favourite would flare a blush to her cheeks as she would scratch behind her ear. She had become better with compliments and being around males without getting nervous but there was something about the Steward that was different. He had a knack of making her stomach flutter.

In Keystone… you gave CuRua ham from your sandwich to lure him out. I guessed that you hadn’t brought it as bait, but when he kept his distance you needed something to make it worth his time. I considered that you may have thought that since you liked it so much that maybe he would too. It was a long shot but the reason paid off, even if it’s improper logic.

She ventured a step forward and put her arm around Sousuke’s disheartened shoulders, giving him a gentle reassuring squeeze before looking down at his artwork. Light blue nails would gently scratch at the hairline on the back of his neck as she studied the designs, smiling at how exact they were. She would chuckle at his story of making a cake for Okibi and how his shocked his mother was. Leaning over, she placed a gentle kiss to his temple.

If you make it, I will eat it. Or at least try to. It seems you have a talent for pleasing the other four senses. The soup you made smelt wonderful too. Maybe you need to find your passion. Not everything is about numbers and science, as much as I hate to admit it. Desire and emotion can play a part in cooking as much as measurements do.

Her eyes would wander over the designs, across his desk, up the far wall and around the room before coming back to centre. She would look over the Steward then, glancing at his skin and nails, subconsciously making sure he was well since being released from the hospital. It was difficult to NOT be a Mednin when off shift. Her fingers would move up the back of his head, nails dragging over his scalp in a tender gesture, drawing her gaze in that direction before letting her sight fall to his yellow orbs. For a moment, she would smile at him, continuing to run her fingers through his violet hair until she remembered that it was rude to stare and pulled away. Clearing her throat, she would go back to looking around the room.

This is where you work? I followed your scent. It was difficult. It seems you’ve been everywhere in this place. Oh…. That must have sounded creepy or obsessed. I just wanted to surprise you, nothing weird or anything.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke thought of the time when he brought CuRua to Keystone using bits of his sandwich. It was certainly not hard to make the leap backwards. "I wouldn't call it improper logic. It makes sense."<i></i> Yume placed her arm around him, and gave his shoulder a squeeze before placing a kiss on his temple. Yume chuckled at the story he told her. Well. It had to be some sort of amusing he supposed. At least it wasn't a story of absolute failure. A small smile graced his face.

"I tried making the soup at home. Okibi didn't smell a single thing... so I'm not quite sure what happened there."<i></i> He explained as she spoke of him being able to appeal to some of the senses in his cooking. Yume spoke of desire. Maybe that was holding him back. Sousuke tired to put love into his food, but he came up short still. Perhaps he needed to have the desire to be really good at it in order to have taste. She played with his hair. What was it about his hair? Was it because it was a rare colour? Because it was spiky? She stared into his eyes and he simply stared back... until she cleared her throat and began inquiring. "Oh. No. This is actually not my usual office. I was here ... just attending to a few things. My usual office is in the core tower. Sometimes Nobles wish to make use of this building for large dinners or occasions that involve quite a few members of the village. I... I think today will be the second time I've ate here. I once hosted a dinner party with Harupia here for some foreign dignitaries ... it uhm ... it was a decent dinner until one of the people present turned out to not be who they were and attacked us. Huojin had ... placed one of them through the wall, and I still can't quite the stains out from when Al-Haqquish used one of the darker blood techniques on the foe and caused them to ... combust in their own acidic blood."<i></i> Sousuke paused for a moment. Yume probably didn't want to hear this, and more importantly she wasn't used to violence. He doubted that she was properly acclimatized to it.

Sousuke coughed awkwardly. "Heh ... I just realized that this was not good talk for the lunch we're about to have...."<i></i> His facial expression soured slightly, until it seemed that he had a lightbulb moments of sorts. He clapped his hands together and some soft easing listening music began to play. He would rise from his desk, and gently take Yume by her hand. "Tell me Yume, do you dance? Or would you ... care to dance with me?"<i></i> He inquired. The present idea was to clear their minds of such grim speak from before, but more importantly to ... enjoy themselves or try to at the very least.

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Her eyes grew wide as she imagined the gruesome events that took place in another room of Helmskeep. She had met Al-Haqquish previously and he had bequeathed to her a tome of magicks to her, containing references to the blood magic. She had begun to dabble in it a little to see if it could help with her study of genetics and other medical techniques but after a few moments of study she became bestial and uncivilized. She kept to the other parts of the tome after that.

As the music flowed through the air lightly, Yume felt her spirits lift and her body begin to sway in time. Her sight alights to Sousuke’s outstretched hand, gliding up his arm to meet his gaze once more. The music seemed to have opened up an innocent wonder in Yume and it was apparent by how she beamed at the mere suggestion of dancing. Gingerly she would place her palm on his, curling her fingers around his hand as she moved to align their steps.

I would love to… I admit I haven’t danced for a long time but mother and father made sure that both Shinji and I knew how.

For the first few movements she watches her feet, uncharacteristically clad in sandals, to make sure she doesn’t step on his toes. Before long she would be looking up at her partner, weaving their way around the room, relying on the Steward to lead her steps. Gradually, she would allow her self to come closer, drawn in by the melody and possibly pheromones. From the corner of her eye, she would catch sight of her fox leaping up onto the chair and then to the desk, sticking his face in the bag to see if he could take something while they were preoccupied.

Leave it alone.

Like a child who was caught with his hand in the cookie jar, CuRua quickly slunk back to sit on the chair, looking around as if nothing had happened. Closing her eyes, Yume would rest her head against Sousuke’s shoulder, listening to his heart as she enjoyed the rest of their dance.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke placed his hand on Yume's hip and held up her hand. The movements were slow at first. The Steward giving Yume time to have a grasp of the dance. "I learned to dance at a young age, it was sort of compulsory in my education. It's a complicated story. My dance partner, who would later become my nemesis so to speak, was quite tomboyish when she was small. She would make a certain movement that my small frame could not take, and she would on purpose twist and crack my leg bones."<i></i> Sousuke would frown. "I think later in life she finally figured it out that I was one of the few children in our class who was indifferent to her and never made fun. ... She's not quite a lawful figure. I think she and Shinji would like each other ... except she would probably scare Shinji as she is ... well six foot three, and doesn't take lightly to one nighters."<i></i> Sousuke explained as the two moved about in a circle formation now. He was gradually speeding up over time, but nothing that Yume couldn't keep up with. "Now ... prepare for a twirl."<i></i> Sousuke began the motion that he spoke of and would lead Yume through a twirl. He slowed down for her as this was the first. "Nicely done... I'm used to ballroom dancing instead of the more modern... upbeat music."<i></i>

Sousuke would continue his dance with Yume, "Thank-you for ... tending to me from earlier and for staying at my bedside. When I first came to I remember you were resting your eyes as you had said you were. It was a most pleasant surprise to have... perhaps the most pleasant I've had in quite some time. I trust that you ... that your sleeping schedule has returned to normal? I would hate to be the one to have disrupted your regular schedule."<i></i> Sousuke was though very grateful for having Yume attended to him from his ... injury back a few weeks ago. "I know my voice doesn't ... convey my feelings but I was indeed truly grateful. Well, more than just that one moment I've grateful for quite a few things... even when Okibi had pulled that ... trick with the mistletoe. It was one of those ... rare moments when I could ... properly convey my fondness for you albeit forced, but it was most certainly true."<i></i>

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
My brother has never felt like he belongs. I think he attempts to make up for it by trying to find a mate he could fit in with however his choices as to how he finds them, or who for that matter, are less than ideal. If she was in your class, I’m certain that she and Shinji have been acquainted and he's probably received his share of bruises from her. He could be… unrelenting as a child. Shinji was my first dance partner. I’m not certain if it was because he was my brother, or because we were children but he was always rather regal about the whole ordeal.

Under his guidance, she would swirl away from Sousuke until they were at arms length before being drawn back in, his hand returning to her hip.

Aside from it being my job as a Mednin, I would have stayed for days if required. My sleep is of little consequence and my schedule quickly reset. During the attacks, I had only been afforded short naps every six hours. That was all most of the staff could manage. To be honest, it was the most soothing rest I had all week.

Her ears would heat up as her neck would flush, remembering their encounter and the Christmas party. She had worried that her stuck-up behaviour towards Okibi and Tama had been ill received. She was raised to be a lady and interrupting a conversation to be pulled across a room was most unladylike. The result, however, left her unable to complain about the means for long. She contemplates doing something that might be perceived as unseemly but upon hearing the song change tune and begin to meld into another, she takes her chance.

It was a little underhanded on Okibi’s part but I had hoped it was genuine. I was a little unsure what would transpire but you’ve been raised to be a gentleman and your actions were discreet. Please don’t think bad of me for this…

Her steps would slow as she spoke, keeping in sync with him as he would lead them to a stop just as she apologized. Stretching up on her tip-toes, she would place one hand to his waist to keep her balance and rest the other against the side of his neck so that her fingers brushed against the soft spot behind his ear. Her pulse would quicken as her heart begins to race and without a second thought, she would place a kiss to his lips. Pouring her heart into the moment, she tried to stay slightly reserved by keeping her grasp loose. If he chose to pull away, she wouldn’t fight it; whether because the rash nature of her actions confused him or simply because he did not reciprocate the sentiment, she would understand completely.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke tried picturing Shinji and Shizune together. It seemed about right, then then Yume mentioned that they had probably met before and that Shinji was subjected to bruising. His mental image of Shinji quickly converted a very beaten up Shinji with an eye patch, and bandages. "Well a couple of bruises pale in contrast to her cracking my legs ... but at a young age Shinji was probably tougher... and he is a fighter."<i></i> The description then as Shinji being regal was certainly a bit of a stretch. Sousuke did manage to picture it. Shinji in proper uniform. Perhaps a bit too formal due to the fluff.

Sousuke pictured up on the little changes Yume was going through, her ears turning a slight red, and her colouring was slightly off. He had come to know this, given that Yume sometimes could get embarrassed when one complimented her or ... she remembered a particularly strange scenario. Sousuke figured she was thinking perhaps back to his birthday party, given that he had just spoken of it. "Okibi is sometimes devious. She likes to pull tricks every once and a while... but I think she had that planned for quite a while. Heh ... I myself was given halt as for what to do because there has never been a precedent for it before."<i></i> He explained. "We are both of a more ... conservative nature so to speak. I didn't want to ... shock you or anything."<i></i> Sousuke was praised for being a gentleman, and then curiously Okibi had said not to think ill of her for what was to come... which was indeed quite a surprise. She leaned forward to kiss him on the lips. Sousuke did not shirk away, but accepted it. His eyes widened for a moment due to shock, but then they became softer. He placed his hands around her back and embraced her as they kissed. It was a very loving embrace, and given Sousuke quite a surprise given his lack of emotion.

This was certainly a first for Sousuke. Was this what their kiss at his birthday party should have been like? Even back then he had shown a great deal of positive emotion towards Yume. This was perhaps even more than before. Sousuke was very grateful for Yume to take the initiate. Yes. He was the Steward of the realm, but he did not want to be seen like a tyrant when declaring things. Sousuke had always been hesitant, even doubtful. He was very fond of Yume, but was never sure if she had an ongoing relationship. Clearly she didn't, given the about of emotion they were displacing to each other.

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The moment she felt his embrace, her fears of being overbearing vanished. Keeping her eyes closed, she allowed herself to relax into his arms and enjoy the kiss for the next few seconds, reluctantly pulling away as she placed her heels back to the ground. When her eyes opened again, her irises would be dilated as she stared up at him, drawing in deep breaths through her nose. For once in her life her mind would be silent, struggling to form even the simplest thought. Finally exhaling through her mouth, she would swallow hard before her lips would form words again, albeit a little breathlessly.

That… was… fantastic.

Giving her head a bit of a shake, she would clear her throat to help her enunciate her words a bit better, maintaining her proximity to the Steward as she wasn’t ready to let go just yet. She would study is shocked expression and offer him a smile to let him know that she was of sound mind. She had kissed him on purpose and not because she was caught up in the moment.

Something’s aren’t meant for the public to see, but that doesn’t mean that they shouldn’t be experienced. I’ve been struggling with my pack mentality lately. In the clan, an alpha chooses his mate and the woman complies. It had never occurred to me to make my sentiments known… but after I saw that girl over your shoulder at your birthday… and when Magnetica insulted you… I just got so angry, feral even. I have no claim on you, as much as I want to.

Ah, that might not make sense to you. It was another term I grew up with that I’m finding is less acceptable. Claiming a mate isn’t like claiming an object. You don’t own them; you’re simply stating that you want to be with them. Similar to an engagement, I suppose.

She struggled with a lump that was forming in her throat, threatening to choke her words off. The moment of bravery was being overtaken as her rational mind began to surface in force and realized what she had been saying. Cheeks aflame, she would bury her face against Sousuke’s chest. She would inhale slowly, savouring his scent and calming her nerves with each breath.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke's jaw hung loose. He was speechless. Until Yume spoke first to state that the experience was fantastic. Sousuke closed his mouth. "Agreed."<i></i> He finally said after collecting himself. Sousuke swallowed hard. Well. Fox had got his tongue so to speak. Sousuke remained speechless, but as Yume spoke to him he rubbed her back. He listened to every single word she said. She spoke of a canine's nature. He had heard of this before from Number Seven. "Yes... I understand entirely."<i></i> He smiled at Yume's words. He had heard about how she stood up to Magnetica. Hakumei of course needed some well worded explaining. "Hakumei is very much like Shinji... she is flirtatious, and usually gets things her ways. I tried reading into her to understand her, but she is very difficult to read as a person. My observational abilities give me no advantage in understanding her, so I have merely given up. She tends to hang off of individuals whether they want it or not... she is a friend though. Nothing more, nothingness."<i></i> He asserted.

When Yume spoke of how she wanted to claim him, Sousuke's mouth opened. Again he was in shock. She explained what she meant, and once again Sousuke was not foreign to the concept. He had heard the term used between Okibi and Tama. It was funny through that things were coming together like this. "It makes perfect sense to me, and I'm quite alright with it. To be honest, I'm touched and very glad that you would claim me for your own. I may not have a complete understanding of Inuzuka speak, but I am familiar with particular concepts.. Timing isn't a strong suit of mine, and for all my ... intellect wording sometimes isn't easy for me."<i></i> He swallowed hard again. Engagement wasn't a difficult concept. One had to have a ring and present it to the individual. Sousuke would need to ask for Shinji's permission to marry his sister. The thought of that was ... well it wasn't difficult. It would just perhaps be difficult for Shinji to comprehend.

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Timing can make fools of us all. There are so many things I want to experience and I was convinced that I would be alone long enough to do so… I never meant to like you.

The words were out before she could realize how they could sound. Twisting a lock of hair around one finger, her teeth would work over her bottom lip as she scrounged for the words to explain. Bringing her head up and taking a small step back so that she wasn’t craning her neck, she would maintain eye contact in hope that it would give her the strength to continue with out becoming shy. Butterflies and all, she was managing to be more courageous around the Steward.

It’s not a bad thing and I wouldn’t change it for anything. *pause* I suppose it’s only fair to tell you that I do plan to make a trip out of the village. Uri gave me the idea… I had been tossing it around for sometime but I’ve been giving it more thought lately. I want to know about my father, where he was from.

The biggest factor that had pushed her in the direction of going to Amegakure was the change that Shinji had experienced indirectly from the attack on the village. The fact that the clan was willing to accept him into the compound seemed to relieve her of the promise they made as children to never abandon the other.

The Inuzuka didn’t know how Sousuke would respond to the news. She wasn’t certain herself how she wanted him to respond. It was a rather sudden change of pace with everything that had happened in the last few weeks. Seeing the Steward injured touched her deeper than she thought it would. What if she never saw him again? What if he left too? She couldn’t bear him not understanding that it wasn’t just his company he enjoyed, but him as a person.

I would understand completely if you found another mate while I was gone, but I couldn’t go without first letting you know the extent of how I felt. It’s not just because we’re alike or a fear of being a lone… I enjoy your company, when you smile, your kind nature, your pacifism, your eyes, your scent… Love is a strong word but I’m interested in getting to know you better and letting time be the judge of the outcome.

She wanted to claim him, or at best have him claim her but there seemed to be a lot unsaid and uncompleted. They had been to a symposium or two and had shared their research on occasion but they had never had a moment to themselves until now. She had come here to bring him something to eat, to show him that she cared beyond a professional level. When they had admitted their feelings at her residence many months before, she never expected anything to come of it.

[MFT; WC: 507]

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke was quiet for a time. He was very confused when Yume spoke of never being meant to like him. Sousuke's eyes lowered to the ground. He seemed down trodden at the concept of it. Yume quickly explained how she wouldn't have changed it for anything. He continued listening. What else was to be said at the moment. He listened to how she had been planning to make a trip to figure out her father's history. It was something that the Steward had not thought of. Yume could not be the descendant of the first men. Well. Perhaps on her mother's side, but should her father not be of natural suna origins ... then ... well it wasn't a problem. It was something he would have to consider being her history, considering that if the Sagasu had any dark secrets, it would be expected that Sousuke conducted himself properly to address them.

Sousuke still said nothing, but he continued to listen. Yume spoke of how she understood that he couldn't wait for her, in the event that her trip took longer or if something happened to her. She spoke of enjoying his presence, in terms of the senses. He rubbed her back. "Mmm."<i></i> He finally made a noise. Given Sousuke's condition, it was actually something that he had responded. His gaze still shifted to the floor. "Well. It's not like you're leaving right away. We still have time to get to know each other. I'm certain there is a few characteristics we each have that would put us at odds, but something we could work past. Love is a strong word yes... certainly a quantum leap from the word like. I appreciate you telling me of your plans and being understanding, I would hope that nothing ill comes forward. It gives me time to work with ... things."<i></i> His gaze would slowly shift upward back to Yume. The Steward's stomach made a small growl. Sousuke would cough, and slightly turn red. "Heh ... I'm kind of hungry. I ... may or may not have forgotten to break my fast in the early morning."<i></i> He bit his lip.

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The moment his eyes descended, she knew that she had said something wrong. As she continued to ramble it would appear that he would give no reaction until his hand moved across her back and a mumble escaped his lips. Everything that followed was true. She wasn’t leaving right away, but it would be in a couple of months. There was a sense of urgency to find things out and then return to the village as soon as possible. Learning about her father’s family was important, but not dwelling on the past and creating her own life was more imperative. Unfortunately, she couldn’t have one without the other in her mind. She was about to speak her thoughts when his stomach would growl, prompting a little blush of embarrassment from the Steward.

Do I have to bring you breakfast too, to make sure that you eat?

Her remark was rife with cheeky sentiment so it wouldn’t be hard to identify it as the joke it was meant to be, however it was only partially a joke. If it meant keeping her prospective mate in good health, she would have done it without a second thought. Leaning up on her tiptoes, she would place a quick kiss to Sousuke’s mouth as he chewed his lip. While it was less expressive than their first, it would still convey her optimistic feelings by saying "Don’t worry. I’m here. Everything’s okay. I understand you."

I could get used to kissing you. Is that too bold? I feel like I can speak my mind around you. Heh. To be fair, you’re one of the few.

Taking steps toward the door she would reach just outside and pull in a second bag, closing the door behind her; it was now her turn to blush. When she came in, she had left her part of the lunch outside just in case he had been busy and she needed to leave. She didn’t want it to seem that she planned to spend lunch with him, but wanted to be prepared in case that was a viable option. Two fingers would scratch quickly over the left of her forehead, like a dog scratching an itch. At the mention of food, CuRua would leap down from the Steward’s chair and give him back is place to sit. When Yume would take her place in a chair at the side of Sousuke’s desk, he would take up guard duty for any runaway scraps underneath her seat.

You know that I brought something for you, right?

Yeah, but if you drop something, it becomes mine too… which means I get to eat more.

Are you sure you’re not closer in relation to a pig than a dog?

The fox responded to the jab by head butting her ankle. Yume would wait for Sousuke to clear a place on the desk for their food before unpacking the two bags and laying out their meal. She would have helped but she knew how particular she is about her research notes and could only assume that other scientists were the same. Whether that research is cake or genetics it didn't matter; it was taboo to touch another person’s work. As they ate, her mind would turn her fumbled remark over and over. There must be a way to explain what she meant. He had looked so dejected when she had said it. Swallowing a mouthful of sandwich, she would try again.

It was really selfish of me to say that. What I meant by it was that if I could spare you from possibly getting hurt by it, I will have. I don’t know what will happen when I go, how long I will be gone. I would hate to cause someone emotional distress by not making it back. If you didn’t have the village to run, I would offer for you to come with me, but I would be a horrible mate if I asked you to abandon the people of Suna like that.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
It took Sousuke a moment to realize she was joking with him. "Ah. Yes. Heh. Well, maybe once in a while."<i></i> He would say shaking his hand. Again Yume would kiss him. Not as long this time, but certainly welcomed. Sousuke turned his head to the side to see Yume bring in her own lunch. The two would take a seat. "Mmm. "<i></i> A small smile would grace Sousuke's face. "No, no it's not too bold, well maybe if we were in public ... and depending on the people... erhm that is to say I'm not sure if Shinji would know what to do with himself... but then again maybe he would? I think at times ... he's slightly confused by me."<i></i> His eyes shifted to the left slightly " I certainly speak my mind to Okibi, but she tends to zone out after a lengthy explanation. Sometimes I've had to even nudge her to come back to reality sometimes. I don't need to do that with you, which is quite pleasing."<i></i> He explained as he made room at his desk. He shifted over some books, but left the cake present as it would be eaten later.

He listened to Yume explain herself. Sousuke accepted what she said, and even appreciated her inviting to go with him. "I appreciate you realizing that I cannot leave without good reason. Your reason is not without merit of course, it's to understand your family's origins. Mine of course have been rooted here since the elder days."<i></i> Sousuke paused from a moment, "I don't think I said that quite right... forgive me if it came out harshly, that was not my intention."<i></i> Sousuke said a small prayer to the One king before digging in. Sousuke's eyes widened as he bit into the sandwich. A sort of delight came over his eyes as he devoured the goodly sandwich. After chewing and swallowing the first bite. "Mmmm... did you splurge on making the sandwich? The mayo and mustard ... mmm did you make them yourself? I don't think I've ever had homemade mustard before."<i></i> It would seem that Yume had found another way to Sousuke's heart which was through his stomach. Sousuke's eyes would shift over to the untouched cake yet. He truly hoped that the cake this time would have some form of taste.

WC: 389

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It didn’t offend me. I don’t think people are better or lesser by heritage. The measure of a man is what he does, not where he’s from.

Quietly under her breath, Yume muttered a short prayer to Mother Suna, petitioning for a blessing on those in the room, their ancestors, and those to come, as she held her hands palms up to either side of her food. Her eyes would light up as Sousuke complimented the sandwich and began to analyze it. The smile that tugged on her face made it difficult to chew but once she had swallowed and freed her mouth from its task, she allowed the grin to burst forth.

You remembered that word! I thought you might have found it frivolous or silly. The bread I bought at Olgav’s but I made the mayonnaise and mustard at home. It’s easier than you’d thing. Mayo is eggs, oil, vinegar, salt and a little bit of sugar. Using different fowl’s eggs will make it taste different, but I usually only have access to hen eggs. Mustard is just mustard powder, water, salt, and vinegar. It’s interesting how simple things can make a big difference. I know how to make bread, mind you; I usually don’t have the time.

As she spoke, she took the chance to take out CuRua’s food; it wasn’t so much a sandwich as it was meat wrapped with lettuce and some apple pieces. To the fox’ chagrin, Yume made a point of keeping his meals as balanced in the omnivore realm as possible. Since he was a kit it had been some what of a game where he would argue that there wasn’t enough meat and she would try and barter some fruit or vegetables into the plan, ultimately ending with an even mix of both.

I think Shinji is more comfortable knowing that I’m around you than he was when I went for lunch with Saemon before… any way, he trusts you. He might not understand you but he knows you won’t hurt anyone, let alone me. Should anything happen to me, you would conduct yourself well.

Her thoughts would traverse a series of scenarios, what could have happened had Saemon got the wrong idea. When she had come home, Shinji had lectured her on the evil intentions of men like that. It was ironic that he didn't include himself in that group despite his actions but she didn't mention it. It wasn't the time for a fight. She chewed slowly as the the scene replayed over and over in her mind, changing slightly each time as she continued to daydream. First it was Shinji breaking in at the last moment to save her. Next it was CuRua being her saviour in his human form, holding her tight as she cried into his arms. The last iteration was Sousuke, a glint of righteous anger as he decimated the offending man, returning to Yume's side after to make sure that she was safe. She surmised that he would have done for anyone that was in trouble; he was noble like that. But in her mind he was more than just an idealistic shinobi... he was heroic; a knight in brushed grey armour.

The problem with all of these scenarios was the lack of emotional distress. In every single one, she had nothing to worry about… she *never* had anything to worry about… she had no fears. Even when her parents had died, she had been sad but not afraid because there was always someone left for her to be close to. But what if she didn’t have Shinji? Or CuRua? Or Sousuke? There was the village, but inside her there would be emptiness. Then she would be truly alone… and that was terrifying. Putting down her sandwich, her brow creased for a moment as she grew serious. Her eyes threatened to bore holes into the desk from concentration until she found the courage to ask what was on her mind.

Sousuke… have you ever been afraid?

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
When Yume spoke of Saemon, Sousuke paused mid chewing. The man was definitely a complicated person. He was running at least three lovers. He swallowed his bit and broke eye contact with Yume. Sousuke's voice was low. "There is an irony in your brother's concern. It is warranted, but from what I gathered ... Shinji is not nearly as..."<i></i> Sousuke paused what word could he use? "It is not my place to discuss people's natures ... but I could understand Shinji's motivations. Saemon had at least three lovers, in ongoing relationships, nearly simultaneously. Women are attracted to his rugged nature, but because he has such a following ... I think it is Shinji's intention not to see you get hurt. I think he worked very hard, he being Saemon, to keep that detail away from me, but I am who I am and ... I had the awkward situation of meeting two of his lovers."<i></i> Sousuke's expression seemed to grow moody, as a sort of depression grasped at him. The grin from before was gone from his face as he patted his fingers together. Sousuke reached into his pockets and pulled out a golden pocket watch with his family's sigil placed upon it. He placed it on the table. "I will begin with the cat burglar who is legally named Ijimeru Kitanai. A low class criminal who's record is full of Bs and Cs. She once broke into my office and stole from me that pocket watch. I blocked off her exit with a fire wall jutsu and had words with her. She hid my prized family heirloom in her cleavage, and spoke to me in sexual innuendoes. I did not appreciate it. She returned to me my family heirloom only to have taken it again by manipulating time and space."<i></i> Sousuke's brows furrowed. "When I realized she had duped me, I gave chase after her deploying my Grand Blazer. It's an experimental puppet design that is used as a motive of transportation. It uses flame chakra to create two wheels to project movement ... like a bike but faster and louder. I suppose I let my emotions get the best of me at that time. I found out she pawned the watch, retrieved it and threatened her with violence. I then found out she had wanted a good death, and I would not give rise to it. Instead I broke the watch and told her to melt it down and sell it again."<i></i> Sousuke was brooding. He again tapped his fingers again. "Using her powers she returned the watch to me but she restored it. I warned her that if she continues a life of crime, I as a man of the law will be forced to deal with her. She swore at me saying that there are other things that require my attention. While that is true, I am employed as a consulting detective from time to time when the Anbu are at their wit's end."<i></i> He paused giving Yume quite a bit of time to take this all in. "She visited me at Keystone Prime and nearly walked off with Kitchenzilla who gave her quite a scare. That occasion led her to asking me to let go of my beloved animal companion and to give it to charity. I told her it is not her place or right to request that of me as I needed social help at the time due to my inexperience and lack of social ability. In time she understood how much I needed Kitchenzilla to break free from my social inferiority. She took me out to lunch then, maybe you would call it a date. Maybe. I am not sure, but then I learned she was dating Saemon. The last time I saw her she was pregnant with his children... I may have been fond of her, but I may not have. She gave reason for me to be a superior Takahashi Sousuke. I needed to become better, to deal with people like her..."<i></i>

Sousuke's eyes closed. He was remembering the second of Saemon's lovers. "Makeoshimi Koho. Murderer. Traitor. I met her once, and that was when she asked of me to punish her for her crimes... and t permit me to allow her to murder Saemon's lovers. I would not grant her that. Not one of my best moments... but I had looked into her. She seems to have fallen off the face of Suna. I suspect that someone had vapourized her body... or she has moved on before I could send Mikaboshi after her."<i></i> Sousuke paused as he thought of what else to say. "She had a total disregard of human life and thought lowly of anyone who wasn't noble, or what she thought of noble. I suspect I did not qualify to her as a noble."<i></i> He paused opening his eyes. The brooding Steward merely kept quiet for a time. "The third, I was not capable of locating or learning of. Given Koho's request I made it a subject of interest to locate the third. I was not able to do so. I do not think Shinji had knowledge of this, but he is in the right to be concerned. I do not think Koho was capable of fulfilling those murders."<i></i> He paused again, "Roku and Saemon while difference in appearance, are not too different in what they like. They tricked me once into taking me to a strip club. Originally we were to locate a kidnapped noble's daughter, but in time and with ... a small scene I had made, I had figured out their intentions. I had to ... pay for minor property destruction. Given my financial position, I merely advised them on how to invest properly ... I think it was Roku's and Saemon's attempt to get me to enjoy the darker side of human desire... or what I think is the darker side. Saemon has several good points, as does his brother ... but ... I hope you can understand your brother's concern."<i></i> Sousuke didn't seem to be very proud of himself. "I respect members of the opposite gender greatly. They are not tools, they are companions, friends, family, and so on. Forgive me, I may have come off as 'preachy' so to speak."<i></i>

Sousuke returned to his sandwich, and then Yume spoke of him of being afraid. Another dreary topic. "I have."<i></i> He said at first, "On multiple occasions. The first time was when I was a child. I was afraid I was not my parent's child. That I was ... not theirs. I was afraid because I lacked their characteristics. I had my mother's chair colour, but I seemed to lack my father's intellect. Over time I began to realize how very much I am like my father and mother. My father was said to be very serious in his younger days when he was Steward."<i></i> He explained. "Like anyone else, I have a fear of failure ... as to be expected... and very recently I have gotten over a fear of ... something I had seen but could not explain. It's not very good table talk... to speak of what it was"<i></i> Sousuke referred to the 'Outsider' as Mikaboshi had called it. "I didn't sleep for two days, and resorted to using alcohol to calm my mind down and to slow it down. I don't normally drink, but at the time it was the only thing that seemed to work. I observed Okibi slowing down quite a bit when she had quite a bit in her system, and so I by foolish notion had decided to medicate myself through that repulsive method. I had quite a few people concerned for me, even an Anbu had walked me home actually... it was not a pleasant experience."<i></i> For a fleeting moment Sousuke would twitch as his mind tried to go back to understanding what he had seen, but promptly he had scourged the idea.

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
My brother has always lived by the adage, do unto others as they do to themselves. He is more than willing to take advantage of someone who wants to be taken advantage of. His respect of women who have an inkling of self-worth is a rather drastic difference to how he acts with women who are just looking to be on their backs. Part of his... er... masochism... is the desire to be subservient and therefore treats people how he understands they want to be treated. I find it fascinating from a scientific perspective of observation but can't fathom it from an emotional angle.

The curious Inuzuka listened with rapt attention as Sousuke revealed his life experiences. Wide eyed and innocent, she tried to fathom what it was like to be him in those situations. She had never been to the Red Light district except to carry her brother home after his occasional night of being black-out drunk. His apology of being preachy was met with an adamant shake of her head, letting him know that she was not at all put off by his long windedness or subject matter that he was delving into. Finishing the last bit of her sandwich, she would let the conversation lapse into silence for a moment before she was able to politely respond.

I lack so much wisdom when it comes to real scenarios. I have daydreams, or theoretical situations, that my mind puts me through the paces of. I do it to prepare should anything exciting actually happen but you've lived it. I've never drank. Never been to the Red Light district. Never had a lover. Until a few months ago, I had never been kissed and after kissing you I can confidently say that it is an incomparable difference kissing someone for emotional reasons rather than physical pleasures. If I had to forfeit 1000 kisses based in primal desire for one kiss of pure affection, I would in an instant.

I suppose you could say that I have two fears: succumbing to my primal nature, and loosing everyone. Freedom of our desires and reason make us more than mere animals. My heritage leaves me teetering on the brink above an abyss of carnal actions, as is evident in my brothers actions. I fear that I would be like him if I didn't keep myself in check. As for my second fear, it's simply because it's an unknown feeling. I've never been alone, never been abandoned. Someone has always been there to keep me safe. Shinji, CuRua, You...

The reference to Sousuke on that list would be barely more than a whisper as she was obviously reluctant to add more responsibility to the already burdened shoulders of the Steward. Being slightly superstitious, she also worried that if she said it too loud then perhaps the Fates would hear the trepidation in her voice and act on her fears. What if one day he went into the maelstrom without telling someone and he didn't come back? She didn't want to find out how attached she had become to his presence. Her sight had drifted down during these contemplations, glancing to where her fox was licking off the waxed paper that had held his meal. Quickly she would dismiss the heavy air that had taken hold of the room and looked to Sousuke with a beaming smile to banish the dark thoughts.

But you are correct... this isn't a topic I should have brought up but one of my greatest flaws is being frightfully curious. They say curiosity killed the cat, but what would it do to the fox? No matter. Let us eat cake! And if you're less than pleased with it, we can always go find a bakery and eat cake there... Unless... you're too busy to leave?

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke listened to Yume describe her brother. It would seem that Shinji was slightly different from how he figured him out to be. Having learned that he was a masochist gave Sousuke pause. He stopped drinking his soup which he was very much enjoying. "Fascinating. That explains his frequent hand wounds, and his ability to get over them so quickly."<i></i> Now that he thought about it, Shinji didn't really argue when it came to his missions. He just did them accordingly. "I don't think I could fathom it either, but he seems to operate on a slightly different version of the golden rule, treat those as they expected to be treated. Mmm... fascinating indeed."<i></i> Sousuke returned to the soup. It was certainly exceptional.

Sousuke listened to Yume as she explained her own experiences, and how she had never been kissed. "Experience does trump most theories... but theories led to expectations."<i></i> Sousuke listened to Yume describe her fears. They were not what he expected. It seemed almost that Yume was afraid of her heritage? Sousuke had to think. Had he ever seen Yume tapping into the beast powers of the Inuzuka bloodline? She had certainly seen him call upon his armour. He had seen CuRua adopt his beast clone form which was very different. Sousuke would reach forward and pat Yume's hand. Her second fear was something Sousuke couldn't really have control over. He understood the loneliness that came with abandonment. "I will do what I can to prevent what I can."<i></i> He finally said.

The dreary topic came to an end as Yume smiled and spoke of her flaw being curiosity. "I too have fallen victim to that, but not nearly as bad as my cousin Shiori..."<i></i> He would slowly turn his head to the cake. Yes. It was indeed time. Sousuke brought forward the cake. "The cake."<i></i> He would announce as he would begin cutting it. "When Okibi turned eighteen, I made her a cake. Not nearly as detailed as this one ... and it was quite tasteless, and Tama found that fascinating..."<i></i> It was not one of his best moments... but at least the cake had stopped Tama and Okibi from oogling each other for several moments. Sousuke would serve Yume her piece of cake first. He would then sit there with his eyes wide and awaiting her response.

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The mednin held her tongue at the mention of Okibi’s beau. Since their first meeting in the Maw she had her reservations about his behaviour. She could respect him as a scientist who had published works and successful inventions but found the fundamentals of his logic to be flawed. If there were such a thing as founding research off of a lucky guess, she would proclaim Tama to be an expert of such things. It was her hope that his time in the medical field would temper that impulsive edge and bring reason to his actions… but she wasn’t going to hold her breath. Her emerald eyes took in as much of the cake as possible, admiring the flourishes and artistic talent that one would never expect from the matter-of-fact Steward; although he was known to be detailed and what required more attention to detail than works of art?

It’s gorgeous! Don’t become discouraged by lack taste, we will work on that together. Cakes can be purely decorative, if that’s what someone desires. People will make or buy layer cakes just to look nice on a table and only have a single tier be edible. It’s a waste in my mind; why would people make something that looks like food with the intention of it not being food?

Taking up her fork, she watched with satisfaction as the tines pressed through the shroud of chocolate and into spongy layers. With a glance and a smile to Sousuke, she scooped up the wedge onto her utensil and popped it into her mouth. For all of the perfection and beauty that was the outward appearance of the cake, the taste was as non-existent as it had been in the soup. She could feel the fluffy texture of the confection and enjoyed how the chocolate melted and enveloped her tongue but there was no flavor to tie the sensations together. A mirthful giggle would escape as she swallowed the bite and gave her suitor and bemused look of disbelief.

I will never understand how something so perfect in every way has no taste to it. The texture proves that it was baked perfectly and yet… nothing! Go ahead. Try. It wasn’t unpleasant, it simply tastes like nothing.

Just as she had in her kitchen with a spoonful of soup, Yume took Sousuke’s fork and extracted a sample for him, presenting it for him to eat as she held the utensil.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
It was no surprise that Sousuke's cake had no taste. He was really hoping it would be different this time. Just something. Anything. Even if the taste was inverted like ... chocolate tasted vanilla or vice versa. Sousuke ultimately tasted his cake too, and he sighed as the tasteless persisted. "I was afraid this was going to happen. This is why I proceeded to over compensate with the design..."<i></i> He explained as he stared at the cake. "Someday I will overcome this defect. I will best it."<i></i> Sousuke had a somewhat determined look in his eyes, or at least the best he could provide given that he most times looked bored.

A yowl was heard from across one of the rooms connecting to Sousuke's current work space. Sousuke proceeded to blink. The determined look became almost an annoyed look. The Steward's eyes shifted to the general area from where the yowl came from. "This is starting to grow tiresome."<i></i> He spoke as he rose up, "Just ... stay there, and don't panic when I return. This is becoming a bad habit. I cannot get even a single hour without this happening..."<i></i> Sousuke left the room, and then several loud clanking noises came. "No. Bad. Bad. Don't touch that don't... no. Stop. Zero. I ... why is it that you let your own children get into these predicaments. Zero. No. Stay. Stay I said... why are you not staying? I'm asking you nicely. No. Don't. This is going to happen again isn't it? You're going to go through the floorboard like Maximus did. Here let me get Infinite out of that. Yes. Come here girl. Come here. Yes. That's it."<i></i> Several more clanks came. Sousuke was then seen coming out with something metallic in his arms. It looked like a very large clump of red coloured shining metal. The shining red club of metal would then move, and reveal itself to be a very young lioness cub.

Sousuke then sat with the cub in his arms in a very award position. Sousuke then turned his back and quite strangely a larger red lioness was seen pressed up against a window with her paws on the glass. Awkwardly the lioness seemed to be almost pleading to be let in. "Okay. So. Back from a few months ago, you'll remember that Psycho Circus who was causing mischief? I was tasked with dealing with these creatures, Lyrons I call them, their former owner. He was an abusive man who whipped Zero, who is wanting to be let in, into attacking people. I dealt with him, and now these Lyrons have been stalking me so to speak. I am not a cat person, I like dogs slightly more, but they will not leave my side. Zero had cubs, and this is one of them."<i></i> The lion cub blinked and then tried to lick Sousuke's arm with her red metallic tongue. "I'm keeping Zero out ... because usually people don't take well to the fact I have large semi-wild cats in my household. Okibi has giant birds that can be used as mounts. She thinks I'm out of my mind because I let these thing follow me around, but the thing is I didn't let them, they just simply ... follow me."<i></i> Sousuke let out a sigh as he tried to handle the cub slightly differently now. "I would offer if you wanted to hold it, but it is incredibly heavy... I may not look it, but I am capable of picking up Maximus, the male lead, in the MkI with both arms. Granted when he was fighting me originally I resulted to throwing him around. This one is called Infinite."<i></i>

MFT: 615

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back