Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Grand Tour [private]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was finally time for Chizuru to get a good look at the place she’d be working at for some time to come. She was a med nin in training and had yet to actually even see the Caduceus Tower in person before. Luckily for her, thanks to her father’s connections she was going to be getting a tour of the place from non-other than the Chief med nin himself, Unohara Kasa. Chizuru was dressed in her finest white dress that she was proud to announce to anyone that she had hand crafted all her own. The dress was very modest, only showing a bit of skin near her shoulders and her legs. The dress had detached sleeves, was multi-layered, frilly had a large ribbon upon the back that was tied into a large bow and upon her feet were a cute pair of white boots. Atop her head she wore a pink ribbon headband that had a pair of purple roses atop of it.
sample_1d80557ebaaae3a9a394d8402a132a81.jpg

As she stood there waiting for Unohara to show up, she’d begin to wonder if she should have brought a gift of some kind to show her thankfulness to Unohara. She had no idea what the man really liked outside of scones and tea neither of which she had brought with her for obvious reasons. Well at the least, she could make it up to him after the tour at a later date.

Honma Kotone

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Chizuru-sama," Kasa said delicately as he appeared from around a corner, "It's a pleasure to see you once again." He approached the young girl, dressed oh-so-sweetly as she waited by herself in the waiting room of Kasa's department. "I'm glad that you were able to attend this tour, I'm sure you'll enjoy seeing all of the ins and outs of your future work place!" He chuckled, placing his hand on the back of her head and rubbing the strands gently. The Unohara would then begin to lead the young girl away from the stiffly atmosphere of the waiting room, handing the girl a clipboard (that he hid behind his back) with a pen attachment.

"What would you like to see first, Chizuru-sama?" He smiled down at the girl, hinting towards the black text printed paper; which listed several wards under Kasa's care.

[Short post, sorry Chizuru!]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Chizuru smiled brightly as Unohara made his appearance. She actually liked the man, since her father seemed to enjoy his company and Kasa had enjoyed the tea and scones when he came to visit. She was at a loss of words for a few moments as she was not a socially graceful girl, but she could go through the motions once she got everything situated in her mind. Chizuru would reply with an incredibly graceful curtsey, perfectly performed so as to show the utmost respect to Unohara before she’d speak up as well.

“The pleasure is all mine, Sir Unohara.”

Chizuru never seemed to use prefixes and suffixes like others in the village did. She instead used words such as sir, ma’am, lord, lady, and mademoiselle in order to show respect to those around her. After taking a good look at the various wards upon the clip board she’d look up at Unohara, not quite sure which one to pick.

“Uhm…I guess we could start with what’s in front of us and we could go from there. I imagine it would be most efficient to start where we are and just walk around instead of choosing a place that might be at the far end. I would more than likely wish to stop you with questions if we passed an area that interested me anyway.”

Chizuru looked like an adorable little secretary standing there with her clipboard and pen. Those eerie red colored eyes were locked onto Unohara, ready to learn as much as she could from him.

“If I must choose then I’d like to start with the Emergency room first.”

[No need to apologize ^_^ ]

Honma Kotone

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kasa rubbed his hand against Chizuru's little bed of hair. "Daring, Chizuru-sama." He commented on the young girl wishing to view the A&E of the hospital, a part that Kasa quite liked himself; probably because of the challenges one may face in that department. "I always call it A&E, it's a short way to say Accident and Emergency." Kasa really liked Chizuru, she was sweet and she was apart of the Yamazaki/Unohara alliance. It was Kasa's duty to protect their young, a duty that he felt the want to do because of the nature of his own, personal experiments. He experiments on children but he had never really spent any time with them. Perhaps that's because he would see the innocent and youthful side to them.

"Right, since we're going into the A&E I'll warn you that you might be asked to help out, okay?" He smiled as he stood by the door, pumping a device that released some anti-bacterial hand wash. He rubbed his hands together, until dry, and hinted for Chizuru to do the same before they entered. Whenever, or even if, she washed her hands Kasa would take the two inside.

Immediately, a persons senses would be attacked by the smell of fresh bandages, blood and the wails of patients. "If, at anytime, you feel uncomfortable then just tell me and I'll get you out. The hallway that they stood in was one, typical of any other ward, except within each room a series of beds lay delicately with their passengers. Some were asleep, wrapped in clay from broken bones, and others were being treated on sight. "This is the aftercare from direct entry into the hospital. Whenever someone is in a critical condition, they are brought in and put right into A&E. They are treated, and if stable, they are brought back into this A&E aftercare ward. They'll be watched, monitored even, by our staff - who work long hours.

"Do you want to help me do a routine check up with some patients? I'll pick the more stable ones so you can take your time to suss our their condition. Afterwards I'll take you into the real A&E!"

Yen
ASP
Deaths
To be able to help out would just be an honor for the adorable girl. There was a hint of excitement upon her face though she was trying her best to hide it. She’d nod to Unohara, not wanting to speak up or she’d end up letting out a squeak of excitement as was her thing whenever she got overly excited. The smile that was no upon her face just added to her adorableness and when Unohara hinted that she should sanitize her hands, she does so, knowing full well the importance of keeping things clean in and around a hospital or patients of any kind. The smell of bandages and blood were not anything new to Chizuru, nor was the wailing of patients. Not only had she been exposed to these things in her own home, she herself had felt what it was like to be on the operating table. After all, Chizuru was her father’s own personal experiment from time to time, a position Chizuru volunteered for on many an occasion which sometimes led to some strange results such as the inability to speak for a few days.

The various sights of recovering patients just made Chizuru all the more happy and relaxed. Despite the blood, the screams and the pain of those around her, she felt relaxed here, like she belonged. As a medical ninja, she could help these poor people and end their suffering, heal broken bones, stich up wounds, mend severed limbs! The excitement was getting to her and when she finally speaks up to answer Unohara’s question, she’d let out one of those cute squeaks of hers which causes her to blush heavily.

“I would be honored to help you do some routine checkups, Sir Unohara. And do not worry about me getting overwhelmed…if you are familiar with my father, then just know that I help him on a number of occasions with his work.”

Honma Kotone

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Good," Kasa smiled at her retort, a quirky, eager-to-learn young spud, "What about this patient?" He said as the two walked into the first ward on their left, picking the first bed to the right of the room. Kasa took his chart from the end of the bed and ran his eyes through the notes, biting down on his lips with a concentrated look on his face. "Chizuru-sama, please tell me what is wrong with this man. You'll get extra marks for thinking outside of the box." He said with a distracted smile, eyes still reading over additional notes left by the backshift nurses.

What Kasa really meant about thinking outside of the box was that; he wanted her to take into consideration his medication. The IV drip that dangled from his headboard, a drug called Ibuprofen, and a heart monitor beeping patiently by his side. It really wasn't much to go on, but Kasa wanted to see if she could take into consideration the finer details of this patient.

Of course, the condition that had been bestowed upon this man was indeed: a heart attack. However, there was one serious issue that Kasa had noticed. But would give Chizuru the chance to find that out for herself. However, time was of the essence given the danger of his IV.

Hint, hint, hint!

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Chizuru looks over the patient for a moment and takes note of everything within the room as well as around the patient’s bed. She steps a bit closer and seems to just become as still as a statue. She always got like this when she became lost in thought, considering every possible outcome that she could come up with, trying to find the one that made the most sense. It was a rapid process and only took about 10 seconds for her brain to process the insane amount of information and possibilities. Finally the adorable girl speaks up.

“I have to admit Sir that I’m a bit confused as to what is being done with this patient. I do believe this is a heart attack victim, but is that not an IV drip of Ibuprofen? Perhaps the reports I read were incorrect, but I thought this particular medicine actually posed a risk to heart attack survivors.”

She tilts her head and ponders a bit more about it, trying to think of any scenario she may have missed.

“Primary uses include pain, rheumatoid arthritis…fever…he’s not female so that rules out dysmenorrhea…I suppose I’ve a lot to learn here.”

Honma Kotone

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Excellent.

Kasa grinned as he immediately removed the IV from the room, returning moments later clapping his hands soundly. "I'm very impressed. You are correct, Ibuprofen actually can increase the risk of a heart attack, and yes, this man had only suffered a heart attack a few days ago. I'm very impressed, Chizuru-sama." Kasa was glad that Chizuru took notice of that mistake created by one of the nurses, a costly mistake at that, because it showed how instinctive and detailed her attention was. When they had entered the room and approached the patient, the Med-chief noticed the mistake right away; hence the pensive face. He was really just looking for the name of the nurse that performed the dastardly action that, ultimately, could have caused the man to die.

"You have done well! When I first started to learn about medicine, I gave my patient a black eye." He smiled, biting his lip with a beam of redness (Something rare to witness from the bastard incarnate), "He had a panic attack during his monthly injection, so he wriggled too much and cause myself to jerk my elbow into his face... Oh, those were the days." They really were...

Kasa would move the two out from the ward, allowing the patients to rest easily. He would stand with here, hands in his white coat pockets, with a smile on his cheekily young face. "What makes you want to become a med-nin?" The job wasn't easy, med-nin risked their lives for others and for little thanks. It was a hard life.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Upon hearing Unohara tell her that she had been correct, chizuru begins to smile brightly. It was great news and she herself had at first thought that maybe she had been wrong. His next question caused her to once again get lost in thought though this time it wasn’t because she was trying to come up with various solutions and scenarios for a given problem. She just really had never thought about such a thing. She’d finally look up at him and speak.

“I guess it is because it is what I am interested in becoming proficient at. Though that does not cover what I truly wish to convey. What I mean is that I enjoy learning about what makes people, animals, and other things work and then using that knowledge to benefit myself as well as others. I’ve always enjoyed dissecting. It’s a great way to learn. So, I suppose the reason I wish to become a medical ninja is so that I can not only learn more, but so I can use my knowledge to help others…and I like dissecting…and sowing things…performing surgery in general…is that answer sufficient enough? I’m afraid when I’m nervous I tend to ramble on and on.”

She didn't actually -look- nervous. She was quite calm looking and had such a lovely smile upon her face.

Honma Kotone

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"You call that being nervous?", He exclaimed with a quiet laughter as his voice seemed to echo somewhat within the hallway. "Well, I do think that is a very sufficient answer as to why you want to become a med-nin. I am most honored that you want to work alongside others, such as yourself." Kasa would bow his head gently before returning his body into a fixed position. "What else did you want to see while you were here, Chizuru-sama?"

The Unohara would move himself, and his companion, into a nearby office room. It was empty, only housing storage cabinets and boxed drugs that were to be organised for the patients. He folded his arms and then bit his teeth against his lip, "Aren't you hungry?" He questioned the young girl, as if he really wanted to know because, really, he was hungry himself and asking her was a way to signal that to her. Although, it would be spiffy if she was hungry too! But yeah, this Chief had already been working a night shift before even meeting up with Chizuru, all that caffeine didn't really help him mind you.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The little Yamazaki nods to Unohara when he asked if that’s what she called being nervous. It might not have seemed like much but to her she really had been nervous. Unohara was such a nice man though so he was easy to be around. Once he let it known that he was hungry in a rather subtle manner, she’d perk up just a bit. She wasn’t overly hungry, but she could definitely go for some food.

“Is there a cafeteria here? If so why not show that to me next? That way we could get something to eat. Barring that, I’m an adequate cook, if you’ve the proper facilities I could make something for us.”

Honma Kotone

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Cafeteria food or Yamazaki food? Well, there wasn't really a big dispute over what he should choose. Just as long as the food never had any unusual spices, Kasa's stomach was not one for handling the foreign bodies such as spices and such; God he hated them. "Well, I do believe we will be able to find a place to cook something up, Chizuru-sama!" He said happily, his mind being taken away from the awful thought of the hospital food - definitely something he really needed to change around here. Maybe he and Iori could come up with a new, more appetizing option for food for the patients. It was certainly something that always carried a stigma around it, for sure.

Kasa would led the young girl three levels upwards until they came to a less-than-busy ward. It was fairly quiet, as the ward housed children, and as it was the late afternoon; they slept soundly. He had led her into another mundane looking room, except this was astonishingly refurbished with modern cooking appliances. "This ward is a little bit different. We normally have children who are extremely malnourished come here, so our trained staff have to make them very healthy and appealing meals." He pointed his finger over to the state of the art appliances, and then opened a nearby industrial sized fridge to show her the contents...

Wow, so much bloody ingredients.

"Go crazy, Chizuru-sama!" Well, this would so earn her brownie points.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Chizuru would suddenly giggle after being told to go crazy. It was a phrase she always found to be a comical one whenever someone said it to her. The idea of just going crazy was amusing to her in the sense that she always imagined herself going crazy like a mad scientist complete with the laughing and needless monologue.

“Excuse me. The thought of going crazy always amuses me, sir. I always get a stereotypical and rather comical image in my head of being a mad scientist. I know it sounds silly…”

She wish she hadn’t said any of that. Must have sounded silly as all hell to just blurt out something so irrational sounding like that. It was too late to take it back now though. Chizuru could only just hope that Unohara didn’t think her any more weird for saying it. He seemed to enjoy her company anyway. She had quite a lot of ingredients to work with. It was just a matter of what to make. She could think of any number of large meals to cook but she didn’t really have that kind of time. Maybe something simple but yummy would be ideal for the occasion.

“Before I go on, is there something specific you like to eat? Or would you rather I surprise you? The last thing I want to do is accidently poison my boss because I had no idea what manner of food he was capable of tolerating.”

Honma Kotone

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kasa would chuckle as a retort, the amusing Yamazaki was able to infect his mind with her sheer adorableness. And her general being wasn't similar to that of a normal child, it was more mature yet tinged with that child-like innocence that can be found from all over. And it was at that moment, that a thought had pushed into his head. However he would hold back until he had finished placing in his order for this oddly placed restaurant.

"Could you make me something that is chicken based? I do love white meat!" He said almost child-like, as if the scene depicted was one of a mother and a child; Kasa being the latter, asking his mother for his favorite meal but being as vague as possible, A very difficult child: typical, really.

Whenever Chizuru was ready, Kasa would confidently fold his arms and smile. "How would you like to become my apprentice? It means I'd be your mentor, of course." He would smiled as the offer was simply laid out on the table for the young girl to take. Kasa didn't really plan on having any students but this girl was a Yamazaki, and a the younger generation of Medical Ninja. She may one day even take one of the current Chief spots.

One day.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Chizuru had by this time picked up a butcher knife and was twirling it in hand, the girl quite used to using large bladed weapons in her own fighting style, though seeing her fight was a rare occasion since she was more into preventing and healing death as opposed to causing it. When Unohara makes the request for chicken, she already begins thinking about all the different recipes that she knew involved chicken of some kind. Then, there was that sudden announcement that Kasa had wanted to mentor Chizuru. Everything stopped. It was as if she were a mechanical construct of some kind that had just run out of power and shut down. It was an incredibly odd thing to see the girl do as she was normally so full of life and movement. The butcher knife she had been toying with clatters down to the counter top. It took a few seconds but life would return to the girl and she’d turn to look directly at her boss.

“Y-you…wow.” She holds her hands up to her cheeks as she begins to blush heavily. “I would be honored Lord Unohara!”

She could feel her heart beating in her chest, something she never took for granted these days…to have a real beating heart. To be alive. Such emotions she could feel, all thanks to her father…and certain body parts from her mother. She moves closer to Unohara and curtsies elegantly before him, letting out another one of those cute sounding squeaks of joy.

“I thank you for such a high honor and a great opportunity, good sir.”

Honma Kotone

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Somewhat worried at the clatter of the stainless steel knife against the desktop, Kasa's eyes shot towards Chizuru; had he managed to somehow offend her? He felt a little anxious as a few moments past where the two never spoke a word, although her real feelings would be revealed after a brief period of time. She was clearly overwhelmed at the offer, which was brilliant, and it seemed to hint towards her accepting. "I'll take that as you accept, yeah?" He would smile as he returned to his feet to meet with the polite gesturing girl.

"I've never taken on an apprentice before, I've never been a Sensei." He admitted, shying his head to the side with reddened cheeks, laughing gently, "But I know that you'll do brilliantly, I can just tell." And the bond was something special, a teacher/student bond, something that had been held closer to the hearts of millions for generation after generation. Kasa would protect this girl as if she was her own flesh and blood, nobody would come to harm her and he would always make sure her live was secured in the balance. A feat most impressive for such a selfish, bastard of a man.

"We can sign all of the documents later, of course. I'm really looking forward to whatever delicacy you're preparing, Chizuru-sama!"

And as a student of a Medical Chief, she would be a likely candidate to take over his position.

[The Apprentice/Mentor relationship carries some little extras. Check out the updated Medical Branch info in Village Discussion for some more info! <3]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“Right! Let’s get something in your tummy!” Chizuru exclaims.

She couldn’t believe her luck. Or maybe this was something that Unohara had planned from the get go? She wouldn’t question it. She was just happy that she was getting the opportunity to be Kasa’s apprentice. She was in high spirits as she’d begin preparation on the meal she was going to make. It would be simple though take some time to make if he wanted a chicken based meal. Chizuru grabs some seasoning, a bit of paprika, and of course chicken, which she would slice into sizeable strips. Her precision with the butcher knife was remarkable and despite her size she had some strength on her.

“I hope you don’t mind the wait to bake it. And I have to admit it won’t taste as good since there’s no time to marinate, but it’ll still be pretty tasty. If I may be so bold as to ask…why have you chosen me for such a high honor?”

[awesome song]

Honma Kotone

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kasa would fold his arms, and press his body against the spine of the chair; it moaned painfully. He would smile at the sound of the knife clunking away, its sharpened side cutting into the chopping board. There was something soothing about the sound of cooking, but perhaps that would be instilled memories of being young and awaiting to be fed by mother hen. Regardless, the sound proved most relaxing for the chief as he waited for the delightful meal to be created. "I can't wait, actually." He would state with an accomplished smile across his face.

And after a few moments, Chizuru questioned why he had chosen her for such a position. "Well," He would adjust his position, arch himself onto the table with a smile, "There comes a time in your career, where you have to look at yourself." He would stray his eyes away from Chizuru, only momentarily, and return to her with a more saddened look. "You have to look at yourself and ask yourself; what have you accomplished? I've became the Medical Chief, saved lives and done a variation of other things. However, I haven't been able to pass on my knowledge or my power." Kasa would take a deep breath, and sort of shy away from what he really wanted to say - feeling somewhat reluctant to further the emotional grip his heart had over him.

"One day you'll take my position as Medical Chief, if I can allow it. And you'll have my studies, and the power of the Unohara behind you. Why? It's because I have no heir, and no true family. That is why, Chizuru-sama. I want you to continue to carry on the Unohara legacy, through your career." As part of the Unohara/Yamazaki alliance, Kasa felt the need to strength this bond by offering his entirety to this child; whenever she may be ready to take the mantle.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The sounds of that knife upon the cutting board came to a halt as Chizuru listened to Unohara’s reasons for offering her such a prestigious opportunity. She was not expecting such a grand reason as the one she had been given. She had completed cutting up the chicken so now it was just a matter of adding the right sauce (BBQ) and some sauerkraut. It was a simple but delicious dish from the many recipes of her family.

“This is truly a momentous moment for me, Sir Unohara. I will have to do all I can to learn everything you have to teach me. You have my word that I will do my best so as to one day have your wish fulfilled. The bonus is that it would be a dream come true to take on such a task as being medical chief here. Look…just thinking about it gives me goose bumps.”

She points to where her skin was exposed between the strap that held her dress up and where the detached sleeve began. Preperation for the meal was done, now it was just a matter of waiting a half hour for it to finish cooking. The room would wind up filled with the smell of the meal being cooked. All the while, Chizuru was trying her best not to get overly excited about what she had just learned. Needless to say there was such a big smile on her cute face the entire time. She was also blushing heavily for reasons she had yet to reveal.

Honma Kotone

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kasa remembered feeling like that, the goosebumps, the giddiness... It felt quite nostalgic to see his younger-counterpart feel so accomplished by the good news. "I'll admit, I had goosebumps myself when I first became Chief, although that was when I was in my 20's!" He chuckled recollected his memory of when medicine, and helping others, was his primary goal for a brief period. "I know that you'll do me proud, but we've both got a long road a head of us, Chizu. My methods of education aren't brilliant, but I'll be sure to teach you everything I know." He bowed his head softly, as his nostrils exploded with the smell of the BBQ sauce.

He hadn't ever tried it.

No, don't admit that embarrassing fact.

The smell of the chicken sizzling, the golden skin that would coat the meaty delight.. ugh, so lovely smelling. It would be a shame to end up like Itami, burnt to a cinder and unable to taste; taste such delightfully simple food. "I think we could always get some new recipes from you to add to the hospital menu. I've always heard bad things about our food, it's a stigma, so why don't we solve that? It could be a merit towards your medical accomplishments?" Kasa smiled boldly, shuffling his body subtly, to avoid the growls of his stomach from being unleashed. He felt it rude that his stomach dictate his words, in the form of raw noises. "How about later on we start your apprenticeship?"

But what were the methods behind this man's medical intelligence? Truth be told, Kasa wasn't ever really smart; he was dedicated and hardworking. He was never gifted with the ability to learn quickly, but instead troubled by the curse of idiocy. All of his knowledge comes from hard nights, real-life experience; not just books and table notes.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back