Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Hellblade [Private]

Ayame

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Girl squatted on the ground, touching the sand beneath her. It was early in the morning, the sun was just rising. The girl was dressed in black, her face and head were covered, only her eyes could be seen. She was wearing a black hooded cloak too.
-Ayame? Is that you?
She knew that voice and turned.
- Nataku! What are you doing here?!
Ayame wanted to hug him, but remained in her position.
- I think I should ask you the same.
- I… I have a task.
- Task?
- Yeah. Someone stole a letter from a merchant last night. He came in the tavern I was to seek help. And I decided to put my skills to use.
- So what now? You’re hunting the thieves?
Ayame smiled underneath the mask.
- I have to make money, without breaking the law. I was trained to cover my tracks, so I know what to look for. Wanna see?
Nataku squatted besides her and she touched the first layer of sand, then removed it. The bottom layer had dried blood on it.
- The merchant had a bodyguard that guarded his cart. He was attacked and wounded, but he managed to wound badly the thief on the right leg. And then he told me in what direction he ran off. Usually the upper layer of the sand gets blown by the wind, but in this case it’s soaked in blood and became heavier. So it’s just covered with new layer of sand, carried by the wind. I came early, because the wind wasn’t strong enough to blow away the blood trail.
- Interesting. What happened to your eyes?
She looked at him with her dark brown eyes.
- Contact lenses. Had them from the gang. I have to be anonymous while doing these things. My red eyes stand out, so I used what I had. My hair is covered too, plus the hood. I don’t want to get myself into more trouble.
Nataku smiled.
- So what now?
Ayame looked on the ground.
- The thief was wounded badly in the leg, so he couldn’t be far. There are some caves here I think he must be hiding there.
- In which cave first?
- Thieves have to learn how to treat their wounds in situation like his. Near one cave there is a Rose Cactus. It’s spine is used as a muscle relaxant. He is in a lot of pain, so I think he is hiding there, using the cactus.
They headed for the cave.
- So, what are you planning to do? – Nataku asked.
- Well… it seems that this letter is important. And he needed someone like me to retrieve it. He is not clean, so he want’s to retrieve it unnoticed by anyone. Also, he pays some good money. I’m gonna read it and if it’s something important I plan to blackmail him, so I can get the best from this mission.
- I thought you try to be good now. But I asked what are you gonna do with your life from now on.
Ayame laughed.
- I’m not a good person, Nataku. I’m good only to you and… Izura. The others… I don’t care for them. The others can suck it.
She then pause for a moment and continued.
- I don’t have plans. All I know is that I want you to be okay and I need to get rid of the gang. I want to spend some time with my brother, to get to know him. Once this is done… I don’t know. A whole big world awaits me.
She wasn’t happy. She didn’t want to do these things, but the things between Nataku and her changed. It was a pain that she wasn’t able to hide that easily.
They arrived at the cave. It wasn’t big, so she could see a letter on the ground a little bit further. But the person wasn’t here.
She took the letter, Nataku was behind her.
“Surprise, Ayame.” Was written there.
- What…
Ayame turned and saw the leader of the gang on Nataku’s place.
“Illusion?!” came to her mind.
He was smiling, some other people entered the cave.
Ayame took a few steps back and draw her weapon. She fell into a trap.
- Believe me, you won’t need this. – Said the leader with a smile.
- Amatsu…
- You look really tired and out of shape, Ayame. Living without that Nataku doesn’t affect you well.
He was right. Her nights were tough, she could barely sleep, her nightmares got worse.
- “I’m not a good person, Nataku. I’m good only to you and… Izura. The others… I don’t care for them. The others can suck it.” – he quoted her and laughed.
- You can’t run now, Ayame. And I’m in a hurry. Are you willing to tell me everything you’ve learned about Nataku?
- Eat shit, Amatsu!
Ayame attacked him. She was close when she noticed Amatsu’s chakra. He could even manipulate it and strike the girl with it, causing an explosion that sent Ayame into a wall. She hit the wall hard and blood poured from her mouth.
Another hit and she fainted.

Cold water was poured over her body. She woke up. Her ribs were broken, her body was covered in blood.
The man took her by the hand and lifted her on her feet.
- Go wash yourself. The leader is expecting you.
She was dizzy and disorientated. The sedative effect wasn’t over. The man dragged her to some pond in the cave and throw her there.
The water was cold. She could barely stand, every breath was hurting her. Her piercing was broken, but she was still alive. Ayame started to shiver. She realized what happened. The leader sedated her and used his interrogation technique on her. She used her piercing before he did this to her, but hers wasn’t filled with poison. She was tricked once again. The girl was under a hypnosis and told everything to the leader.
She covered herself with her hands and started crying.
- I said wash yourself!
The man got in the pond and pushed her into the water.
When she was done he gave her the clothes and her weapon, and took her to the leader. She had to look like they were treating her well.
He healed her.
- Now, Ayame, we have a meeting with Nataku. I sent him a bird with time and place. He knows everything. He knows that you betrayed him. For him... you're still one of us. I'm going to teach you a lesson.
She cried…

Amatsu, Ayame and around 10 people were standing in the desert this night, waiting for Nataku.

Kurosawa Nataku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was a normal night for Nataku, like any other. A peaceful stroll through the village to reflect on what happened recently. He felt as though he was finally coming to terms with Senkaku's existence. He felt as though he was able to keep things together, and there was nothing to worry about. He decided to head back home and find Ayame. He was going to tell her that everything would be okay; that he had figured it all out. Senkaku wasn't a fan of Ayame, but he wasn't going to forcibly get rid of her. He couldn't.

Nataku arrived at his house and found it empty. He figured that was pretty normal for Ayame, so he didn't stress about it too much. He decided to sit around and wait. Sort of. His other paths were roaming about, all doing different things. The little white-haired girl he controlled was the strangest of them all. She was currently in bed, pretending to sleep, while her parents slept in another room. She was so young, and Nataku was playing a role with her. There was something about that path, since it was resurrected so close to it's time of death, that made Nataku uneasy. Sometimes her memories would come back, as though they were his memories. It made it easy to pretend that she was still their child, but hard to deal with.

Suddenly there was a soft noise. It wasn't much, but it was enough for the girl to notice. Her head turned to the window, red eyes peering outward. She saw a raven sitting patiently on the window sill, staring in. Silently the girl went to the window and opened it. The raven was calm as the girl untied the letter from the bird's leg. She opened it and read it. Immediately her eyes went wide.
Nataku,

I hope this letter finds you in good health. Ayame and I would love to meet with you. Come at once.

At the bottom of the letter there were coordinates. What really bothered her, though, was that the letter was addressed to Nataku. Whoever this was knew that the girl and Nataku were one and the same. But the only person who should know that is...

I told you! You can't trust that girl! seethed a voice from inside his head. Nataku wasn't sure how to think. He didn't want to believe Ayame betrayed him. They brought her to you, because that was the only way they could get close to you. Without her, they couldn't learn anything about you. That was your strength, and that's why she existed. Don't you see? I'm on your side, and I don't want you to get hurt again because of your loved ones.

Nataku never responded. The girl he was presently controlling shook her head. He didn't want to believe it. Was all of it really an act? He thought back to when Izura had appeared before them. Ayame was acting strangely afterward. Something was definitely strange. Anger became the dominant emotion. Anger at her for betraying him, but more anger at himself for allowing it to happen. The raven flew off, and the girl jumped out of the open window. Immediately she took off into the distance.

--
[Theme Music?!]
--

The night air was growing chilly. A child swiftly moved through the darkness across the desert sand. Her footsteps were so light it was almost impossible to notice. The look on her face was cold and expressionless. Her target was near. As she grew close, her excitement caused her to speed up even more. She moved so fast she was barely visible. It didn't take long for the targets to come into sight. There were a bunch, much more than intended.

It's an ambush, Senkaku's voice said, Just leave. She doesn't matter. None of them do.

Without words, a conversation came to an abrupt end as the girl closed in on the group. You're wrong. They know my secret. None of them can live. The girl got within 10 yards of the group and stopped. Her red eyes scanned over each person, sizing them up. One of them looked in charge. Another of them was Ayame.
kanashisa_by_roses4you99-d5kwr98.png

Although nothing was shown, in the red eyes of the little girl you could feel it. The anger. The sense of betrayal. It was all there. Ayame stood among the group as one of their own. That was all that was needed to confirm their beliefs. The girl stared right at Ayame. "I trusted you," she said softly. The voice did not sound like Nataku. Then she closed her eyes, emotions repressed, and looked down. Her fists clenched. She screamed out in agony as massive bone spikes ripped through her back and dashed into the ground. Suddenly the sand beneath them started to shift. The ground was no longer steady, like an earth quake. Spires of sharp bone began to erupt from below. There was no regard for the safety of those nearby. Several of the men present were impaled and killed on the spot. Others were injured. The more capable survived. The leader just smiled.

"It's a pleasure to formally meet you, Nataku," he said nonchalantly. The bones attached to the young girl's back snapped off and she dashed forward at an insane speed. Nataku didn't say a word. Immediately, the remaining men jumped in to defend their leader. Except for Ayame. She let out an audible grunt as her right arm formed into a massive bone spear. She ripped through two of the men immediately, and shot out bone bullets from her left hand at some of the others. In a few moments, everyone was dead or mortally wounded. Only three of them remained standing. The little girl was covered in blood, eyes wide with rage. She charged at the leader, but he effortlessly dodged the attack. An endless barrage of attacks was met with side stepping and evasion skills that only a master would have. Nataku realized this fight would not be easy, but he did not care. His judgement was clouded. Only one thing mattered.

"You're strong, that's good. You have something I want, and your strength only makes me want it more" said the man, still smiling. The girl lunged at him again, only to be kicked in the side of the head and sent flying back. The force of the impact was strong, even through the resilient bone armor of a Kaguya. His senses were disoriented. Suddenly some more men appeared to jump him. Either there were more hiding, or they didn't die as easily as he had thought. The Kaguya girl made one hand seal, and instantly someone appeared in front of her.
SenkakuMobBoss2.jpg

Nataku did not look like his normal self. He looked tired. Worn out. Apathetic. The whites of his eyes were red from exhaustion. He formed one hand seal and a massive wave of energy shot out. All of the attackers were blasted back with an insane force of gravity. Ayame wasn't close, but she would likely feel some of the effects of the attack. He wasn't holding back for her anymore. He slowly walked toward the leader. A swirl of blue chakra appeared and formed into a sword in Nataku's hand. This sword would be familiar. That same silver katana. As he walked, he passed right by a man on the ground who was struggling to move; injured from Nataku's attack. Nataku quickly spun the blade in his hand, and lunged it straight into the man's neck. A nasty sound could be heard as the man was slowly choking on his own blood. His eyes were wide with fear. Nataku remained silent. He continued moving on, seeming not to care that his sword and his pants were covered in blood. "Your games end here," he said.

"Oh I disagree. I don't want to fight you, ya know. I simply have a proposition."

"Save it. It's not in your best interest to make deals with the devil," replied Nataku as his body began to transform. What replaced it was horrifying. His demonic form. He grew to twice his size. Long horns, dark skin, bulging muscles. It was a terrifying beast.
MQq2WqQ.jpg

The leader's smile only grew wider. The demon charged the man, at an alarming speed. The leader was much more careful now. He would not get close. It seemed that he knew contact would be devastating. Nataku threw a heavy punch, but this time the leader didn't dodge. Instead, he stuck out on arm and caught the fist. This caught Nataku off guard; he didn't expect him to be able to match the strength. "Here's the deal. I'm done using this girl, and she's done using you. So why don't you get rid of her for me, will ya?" He let go of Nataku's fist then ran off into the distance. He was fast and Nataku was stunned. It was all over. Almost.

The little girl still stood in the distance, staring at Ayame. Her eyes were the Rinnegan. She did not move. Nataku's body transformed into his normal self again. He looked at Ayame, his eyes also bearing the Rinnegan. He contemplated killing her. Senkaku did not offer any advice. His right hand clenched into a fist and started shaking. "I TRUSTED YOU!" he shouted. His demonic aura that he normally repressed filled the area. Ayame would feel it. It was dark. Evil. Intimidating. Weaker minds would run in fear just from it alone.

Nataku stepped toward Ayame. His eyes began to water, just slightly. "Was this all a game to you? See how well you could act? You knew you couldn't kill me so you just tried to get information about me? You were loyal to that guy, who casually tosses your life away as if it's nothing. Hah, and they say I'm not human." Nataku stepped even closer. He towered over Ayame, anger and all, but a few inches away. His Rinnegan eyes looked down at her, waiting.. for something...

Ayame

Yen
ASP
Deaths
31212739dd.gif
She was tied to a chair. Amatsu was kneeling before her and a man was standing behind her. She was covered in blood. She was in so much pain that she couldn't notice it anymore. The open wounds on her body continued to bleed.
- How far are you willing to go for this man?
She remained silent, watching at the ground.
- Once you told me that families forgive each other's mistakes. You think he will forgive you?
Again, no answer from her.
- You know... I'll forgive you. You can come back and I'll even train you. But he... well he won't. He'll kill you. He doesn't care about you that much to forgive you. Just tell me what I need to know, Ayame and all will be over.
He waited for her response, but nothing came out.
- Very well. You are well aware of what happens with traitors. But I've prepared something even better for you. We take away what's most precious for traitors. Their life. But it seems that you care more about that Nataku, than your life. I'm gonna make sure he hates you. I'm gonna make sure you suffer this for the rest of your life. Your precious father... let's see how much he loves you when he founds out that his little daughter betrayed him. I can't wait to see! Your precious dream crushed. I'm gonna take Nataku from you. I'm gonna make sure you wander this world alone, only with your madness. You gonna end up in an asylum, tortured by the demons in you, with the thought "what if I was still with Nataku?". But... he won't be alive anymore. I thought you could be the perfect vessel for me, but now... Nataku... Izura... well they're something big.
She screamed right at his face.
- I'M GOING TO FUCKIN' KILL YOU. I'M GOING TO BATHE IN YOU BLOOD, GOD I'LL MAKE YOU SUFFER SO HARD! YOU BETTER MAKE SURE I DIE RIGHT HERE, CAUSE ONCE I'M OUT I'M GOING TO HUNT YOU!
Ayame was out of her mind, she was screaming and trying to release herself. Her sharingan activated, but right after that she felt something on her neck. Everything went blurry, she couldn't control her body anymore. Was this all a dream?
- Let's begin...
Amatsu looked her in the eyes.
- Now... sing for me, littler bird...

They were fighting. Ayame just stood there, while the people around her died. This whole time she watched Nataku. She realized he is hurt. Disappointed. Tired. Worn out. Apathetic. Just like her. It hurt her so much to watch him like this.
Maybe "god" heard her, because Nataku transformed into a terrifying beast. It was her first time seeing someone transforming into such a thing.
Amatsu was able to defend himself from Nataku's attacks. That's what she feared. She newer knew how powerful was he. He never showed anything and he kept a secret everything about himself. No one knew what he is capable of. But one thing was sure... if he tried to hurt Nataku she would protect him.
The leader ran off, telling Nataku to rid of her.

They were alone in the bloody battlefield. When Nataku transformed again into his normal self she looked at Ayame and shouted.
"I TRUSTED YOU!"
Ayame could sense his aura. He didn't tried to protect her anymore, so she could feel the darkness in him. He tried to scare her? He wanted to kill her?
These questions she asked to herself.
She wasn't scared of him. She still watched him like he put the stars in the sky. If he knew how she felt he'd never believe Amatsu. Her birth mother brought her into this world, but it was him who gave her life.
She suffered so much for him, trying to keep his secrets safe. But she wasn't strong enough to fight the leader. How could he believe her that all this information was taken by force? They covered everything. She couldn't forgive herself for being so weak.
She closed her eyes and clenched her shaking fists.
“Wake up… Please wake up!” She wanted this to be another nightmare. She’d just wake up, go to Nataku, lay beside him and tell him her nightmare. He’d calm her down and stroke her hair until she fall asleep. In the morning she’d wake up, made a breakfast. They’ll talk and then Izura would show up for training with her…
Ayame opened her eyes. Everything was still the same. He was standing in front of her, tall and intimidating. She was lost in his shadow.
Ayame got close to him and looked up at him, so she could see his eyes. Her voice was trembling, her body was shivering and she looked like she was about to cry.
- Nataku… please don’t tell me you believe him… please, Nataku, please don’t be like this…

Kurosawa Nataku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Believe him?" Nataku scoffed, "It has nothing to do with that. He knows my secrets. Secrets that I never shared with anyone... except you. He knew who that girl was!" Nataku angrily pointed at the Kaguya girl standing not too far away. Her Rinnegan eyes stared at Ayame. She was perfectly still, staring as though she were lifeless. Well, she was, technically. The same Rinnegan eyes in Nataku looked down on Ayame. Although they were hard to discern, it was clear that he was upset. His rage seeped into every outward facing characteristic he had. He wasn't thinking straight.

So you choose now of all times to be silent, Senkaku?

I want the decision you make now to be your own. Ayame is your problem, not mine. I can't have you blaming me for this later.

Although Senkaku refused to say it, Nataku understood what his stance was. He knew it from before. Senkaku thought Ayame was in the way; a distraction. He wanted Nataku to just leave her, leave the village, leave it all. To Senkaku, all attachments were bad. To Nataku, attachments were all he had. This was the big thing that separated the two of them. Surprisingly, Senkaku was close to getting what he wanted, but he was out of the way now. For the first time, Nataku was understanding why Senkaku felt that way. Why attachments were a bad thing.

Nataku stiffened. He looked at Ayame with his eyes and for a moment, they appeared to soften. He wasn't sure how much of what she had said was a lie, but he knew she was a troubled girl. She was young; the product of a cruel world. But she had betrayed him, and in a way that he couldn't possibly forgive her. "I won't ask you to explain yourself. I get it, but," he began, with a disbelieving laugh under his breath. "I can't forgive you." A single tear rolled down from his right eye. An eye that seemed like it couldn't possibly cry. A Rinnegan eye with a tear. Very unfitting. He shook his head and turned his back to her.

"Don't follow me," he said dispassionately. He began slowly walking away. The Kaguya girl was gone, seeming to have vanished. Nataku seemed tired in the way he walked, but it wasn't so much a physical fatigue as an emotional one. His clothing was covered in blood; totally destroyed. He looked up to the sky as he walked, and he began to see rain falling. It wasn't actually raining in the desert, but he saw it anyways. Because of this, he didn't realize that the steady stream of water coming down his face wasn't rain. It seemed that misfortune would follow him wherever he went.

Ayame

Yen
ASP
Deaths

She couldn't say anything. What was the point? He never trusted her. He couldn't even try to think of other possibility. What she has been through... to keep his secret safe. She even tried to kill herself, so the leader couldn't get the information. The pain, the tortures... because she kept quiet. Because of Nataku. She didn't turned her back on him when she saw him in Izura's memories. She thought he was lying her this whole time, but she tried to think of some other explanation. Because she cared for him. Loved him. And for what? For this...
"I can't forgive you."
These words pierced her heart. And he walked away. These words...were the last drop in the cup. And everything went... unreal. Dark.
She was seeing him as a light that was walking away, leaving her in the darkness. Black hands showed up from the ground, trying to pull her there. The shadows from her nightmares surrounded her. They were close, so close. But this time she didn't try to run away. The girl looked at her hands - they were covered in blood. She felt it like it was Nataku's blood all over them. This was the guilt.
"Sorry I wasn't strong enough..."
Someone laughed like a demon. It was all in her head. The shadows were so close to her face. She looked up in the sky, while the hands from the ground tried to pull her under. A tear fall down from her eye. Ayame started to cry, but at the same time she was laughing.
- I just lost it.. - She whispered to herself.
She couldn't fight this anymore. She didn't had the strength anymore. Too much happened it she wasn't able to handle it. She just let them embrace her.
"You promised..."
He gave her so much. He changed her. He showed her so much. She felt at home. He held her. He helped her. For a moment... she had it all. For a brief moment she was able to feel whole. Nataku, Izura... that's what she needed. Nothing more. Was it too much? She felt happy. Maybe only for a moment, But it was enough to know that...
- I'm not giving up on this! - she shouted and the hands and shadows vanished.
The girl quickly run to Nataku and took his hand. Her grip was strong, she wasn't going to let him go.
- Don't you dare turning your back on me!
Her face was serious. Her grip was strong.
59aa312885.gif

Kurosawa Nataku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Nataku was walking away when something grabbed his hand forcibly. Nataku felt his resolve shaking. He wasn't sure he could face Ayame without taking her back in. Pretending like this never happened seemed so close. But then there was a change. It was quick and unnoticed to most. He spun around, his eyes no longer the Rinnegan. They were red. He tried to pull away, but she wouldn't let go of his hand. So whipped his arm sideways and sent her flying across the desert sand. "He told you not to follow him," seethed a voice that was almost identical to Nataku's. But it wasn't Nataku. His mannerisms were different. His tone was different. This was Senkaku. He turned his head and cracked his neck.

"You think I'm going to let you sneak back into his life, pretend like you still care about him? I live by principles, you see, and trust is something you earn. You came into his life a thief, turned into a spy, and with time you learned how great he was. He was so giving. He gave you a home, food, money, a career, and even a reason to live. And then you go and betray him and now you want back in? Oh no, as long as I'm here you're not getting anywhere close to Nataku." It was clear that Senkaku did not like Ayame. He never did. She was a distraction and Nataku needed his head clear. Having her there was a problem for both of them, and he was definitely biased. And now he was acting as a barrier between Ayame and Nataku. Normally he would feel bad about hurting a young girl by throwing her into the sand like that, but his hate was enough to overlook that.

"Now go run along, I have more important things to deal with," he growled, his eyes staring her down. Part of him wanted her to just run off, but there was another part of him that wanted her to try and stop him. That wanted her to attempt to do something. To give him a reason to be even more cruel, and make her suffer as she has made Nataku suffer.

There was a strange look to his face. It was definitely Nataku, and he had stopped crying but his cheeks were still wet from the tears. But the look in his face was not that of a man who had just cried. No, it was one of distaste and displeasure. He looked on her with scorn as though she were the worst scum on earth. His red eyes did not move from their target. The rage could be felt. It was different from that of Nataku's. It was pure.

Ayame

Yen
ASP
Deaths
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiSeoX_4nzU​
Ayame flew across the desert and fell on her back. On the outside she was perfectly healed, like no one touched her. But on the inside not. Her chest hurt and she clenched her teeth. The girl looked at the moon, while Senkaku was talking.
She lifter herself a little and spit blood on the sand.
- What to you know... - said Ayame quietly - ... how do you dare...
She stood up completely and shouted.
- HOW DO YOU DARE TO SHOW UP?! I'M NOT TALKING TO YOU! I'M TALKING TO NATAKU!
You could see a little spark of madness in her eyes. And anger. Sea of anger. She lost herself in that sea. Suddenly a fiery aura appeared around her. It looked like her body was in flames and with a closer inspection someone would be able to see that she couldn't control her chakra. She was giving away too much chakra, wasting it for the Immolation Armor.
-DON'T PRETEND TO KNOW WHAT I DID AND HOW I FEEL! WHAT HE GAVE ME IS MORE THAT THESE THINGS!
The girl accepted death. Even if she was alive, because she was tricked, thinking there was poison in her piercing she was already dead. Once you did the unthinkable everything changes. She wasn't scared about her life anymore, she sacrificed it for Nataku.
She wasn't scared of losing Nataku, because she already lost it. Or maybe she didn't had it at all...
There was nothing anymore. Only shadows and anger.
Madness.
Ayame lifted her head and started to to laugh loudly, while her body was shaking out of control. Everything seemed... so unreal. So distant. Like a dream.
"Is this... real?"
Ayame was standing on the border between sanity and madness.
She looked at her hands.
"Are these... my hands?"
She realized she didn't feel the pain in her chest anymore. Actually her body was completely numb. Maybe it was from the adrenaline her body produced due to the anxiety.
The girl draw her tanto with smile and made a cut on her hand. She looked like she was losing her mind. There wasn't pain... only blood, but no pain.
"Maybe I died back there and this is hell..."
She was losing touch with reality and all these delusional thoughts seemed reasonable to her.
Ayame couldn't handle the loss. And this was the consequence of loving someone that didn't loved back. That was ready to hide in his body when the first difficulty appear.
The girl looked at the blood on her hand. She thought this wasn't her blood. She didn't even realized that this was blood. She touched with her other hand the bloody hand. Then moved her hands on her neck, cheeks, mouth... and looked at Nataku with her bloody smile.
- I'm really dead, Nataku - said the girl with calm voice - I died there and none of this is real. What... what have you done to me, father? I loved you and you killed me... but I can't feel... nothing.. there's nothing... and yet there you're.
She ran fast towards Nataku and pushed him on the ground. At that moment she was on top of him, holding him with her bloody hand on the throat. He body was in flames, so hot. It could hurt someone, but not really burn him.
There was pure madness in her eyes. She smiled with her bloody mouth widely at Nataku and bend more, so their faces were only centimeters away.
- Whoever you are.... I'm gonna find a way. I'm going to seal you in me. I'll show you hell. You'll dance with the shadows. You're making a big mistake, thinking that I betrayed him. You're making a big mistake showing up and trying to take him away from me.
At that moment there was a glimpse of sanity in her eyes and her look softened.
- Nataku... if you hear me there... I'm not giving up on you. I'll always...
At that moment the girl shook her head and the madness appeared.
- HAHAHAHAHA!
She prepared punch for Nataku.
After this psychosis was over she'd realize everything. But now... she was dead.

Kurosawa Nataku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The girl erupted. She was angry and shouting. Senkaku watched carefully, enjoying that she believed she was talking to Nataku. "Don't you see? Nataku isn't here anymore," he laughed. He shook his head dismissively. She began to go crazy, shaking and looking at herself with a questioning gaze. She drew a blade and cut her own hand, and rubbed the blood all over. She seemed to be in a surreal state of mind, where nothing made any sense. She started saying something, then ran at him and pushed him to the ground. She started choking him. The face of Nataku, suffocating under her grip. She threatened him. She actually threatened Senkaku. And she desperately tried to speak to Nataku. It wouldn't work.

She became crazy again and laughed loudly. She reared back for a punch, and the punch connected. But as soon as she hit Nataku, he crumbled into rubble. What should have been his body ended up just being crumbled up rock. A clone. Senkaku stood behind Ayame and looked down at her. A devilish smile appeared on his face. He knew how to really mess with her. Genjutsu.

His hands went through a series of seals before activating the most painful Genjutsu he knew, Curse of the Leper. Ayame would begin to feel a horrible pain as her body seemed to rot away. First her skin would peel off, then her muscles would deteriorate and fall off. Her strength would vanish until she was convinced she was dead. At that moment, the Genjutsu would end, and she would be left to wonder if it was real or not. During the jutsu, it would certainly feel real. When it finally ended, Senkaku would not be done. He quickly performed another Genjutsu, Tree Binding. A small plant would sprout from the desert sand, just below Ayame's feet. It would quickly grow larger and larger, wrapping around her body until she was completely ensnared within a tree. Then Senkaku performed one last Genjutsu, Mental Kombat, which would send Ayame into an illusionary world that seemed just like the real one. She would still be bound by a tree, and still fighting Senkaku in the desert. Only in the real world, Senkaku was just watching.

In the fake world, Senkaku seemed to appear out of the tree and stab Ayame with his sword, through the side of her stomach. He made sure not to hit a vital spot. The tree would disappear, and Ayame would be left on the ground, bleeding. Senkaku stood but a few feet away, Ayame's blood dripping down his silver sword. "You're misunderstanding one thing. Nataku and I are the same person. If you get rid of me, you get rid of him. I know everything about him and everything he knows about you."

His eyes looked at his victim as he said, "And you're a lifetime away from beating us in a fight."

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The slow rot till death, the feeling of being bound and stabbed by a silver blade, the sharp ebb and flow of the blood as the body struggled in an attempt to cling to life at an almost subconscious level….all of it, washed away. For Ayame, the pain never came. She’d feel a sense of warmth at first, as if someone was embracing her for but a moment, and then she’d witness her brother, standing in front of her, facing off against Nataku. Izura himself was almost like an apparition of his own, as ravens coalesced and comprised his corporeal form. (Pullin an Itachi here xD). The Ayame that Senkaku had subjected to the Curse of the Leper, the Tree Binding, and the subsequent stabbing simply burst into a flock of ravens which flew away.

"And you're a lifetime away from beating us in a fight."

“But I am not…..father….”

Izura’s body dissipated in a flock of ravens, before reappearing to Senkaku’s left side, no more than 5 meters away. After reforming, he was visibly different. A young boy with pale red eyes, no older than Ayame. He looked worried, but also emotionally hurt by Senkaku’s apathy.

“You aren’t the same person. Not anymore at least…” Izura said, his child-like voice hopefully causing Sojobo to return. At least that was the intent…

The young Izura turned his head to look towards the horizon, however illusory it actually was. Tears streamed down the child’s face….it was hard to tell if those tears were real, or if they were simply another part of the illusion.

“This is some cruel twist of fate- I find my only remaining sibling, only to lose you to some…memory loss? And now the two remaining people I cherish the most in this world, are fighting? Can’t we just stop? Can’t we just make things….better?”

In the real world, all three of them were now in a trance-like state, as Izura had initiated Mental Kombat against Senkaku, with Ayame now caught in the middle of it all.

WC 346

Ayame

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Mental Kombat" K, Izura - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22Tj_l4PcPs​

Ayame took a deep breath, waiting for Nataku's attack. The man who healed her and protected her now tried to hurt her.
"I deserve this for being weak" - came to her mind.
And then...
Warmth...
Almost like an embrace...
Soft and caring...
"Nii-san..."
It reminded her of their training. He was behind her, holding her hands, helping her to control her chakra.
Now he helped her again.
This memory brought her back to "reality". She saw her brother standing in front of her.
"Oh god no..."
Were they going fight? That would be catastrophic. Like in that psychics fight from South Park. She didn't want any of them to get hurt. Even if this wasn't Nataku anymore, it was his body. And he was somewhere there.
Izura reappeared near Nataku. In... his child form? He looked emotionally hurt. Ayame thought he was crying. This pierced her heart...to see her brother crying... even if it wasn't real, it still made the girl sad.
She quickly ran to her brother, taking his hand in hers. He was a little taller than her, but they were around the same height now.
- I'm here, onii-san. - she whispered to him and turned her head at Nataku. Four red eyes looked at Nataku. They belonged to two Uchiha children that he watched over. And maybe loved? Ayame wasn't sure about that, but she was sure that they loved him.
- I never wanted to fight you...
She stopped. The girl realized she has no idea how this man was called. She wasn't sure if she wanted to know.
"Senkaku..."
A demon's voice echoed in her head. That made the girl to tighten her grasp with her hand on Izura's hand. The demon recognized Senkaku, because he met him. In Satou's body, he met him.
"You're here?"
"I'll always be here."
- I never wanted to fight you, Senkaku! I simply wanted to keep you here, with me. To keep Nataku here.
Ayame let go of Izura's hand and made a seal.
- And until you come to your senses I'm not letting you go!
The ground beneath Nataku darkened with pure black shadows, from which several arcing tendrils of darkness shoot up. Not to hurt him, but to surround him, preventing him to escape. Or that's what she thought.

Kurosawa Nataku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“But I am not…..father….”

A flock of ravens entered his Genjutsu. It protected Ayame and formed into the image of Izura. No, it wasn't Izura today. It was a memory of Izura. A younger Izura. A foolish Izura.

The anger in Senkaku's eyes dissipated, just a bit. "You're right. I'm not the same person. That person died with his dreams."

Izura was desperate. He was begging them to stop the fighting, to just be happy. Senkaku chuckled and began to speak. "What you wish for is a pipe dream. You can't just will everything to be better," he lectured. As he spoke, his mannerisms began to shift. He would start to behave slightly more familiar.

"True love. Happiness. Home. Family. These are all lies fed to you. Things to make you keep going. As long as you feel as though you'll find something in the end, you'll keep playing your part and feeding into the system. That's the cruel truth of this life. Wars are started by nations who see to profit off the suffering of others. Attachments lead you to join those battles, feeling as though you're fighting for good and your enemies are evil. There is no good and evil. The world on respects one thing: Power."

Ayame joined Izura by his side. The four red eyes stared at Nataku. It gave him an uneasy feeling. To Nataku, Izura was a stranger, but it didn't seem that way with Senkaku. Izura called him father. Ayame treated him like a father. They were brother and sister. Was that fate? Nataku shook his head, "No matter what you say or do here, you can't stop me. The closer you get to me, the worse it'll be for all of us. If I had never grown attached, I would've never had anything to lose. Everything I've ever had in this miserable life has been taken from me by force. What you're trying to do here will only lead me to more tragedy. I'm sorry, but I'm not sure that's something I can bear."

His eyes focused on Izura as he said, "Izura, I'm not sure who you think I am, but-" suddenly he noticed black tendrils attempt to surround him. Instinctively he stopped talking and jumped far away. A bit of anger returned to his face. "So that's how you want to play it, huh?! You think dirty tricks like that will work?" Nataku knew that they were inside a Genjutsu, which meant most of what happened here wouldn't matter. However, this was a special Genjutsu, and some of the injuries one received here would actually translate into the physical body. Unlike Senkaku, he didn't gain enjoyment from inflicting harm on others and asserting dominance.

Suddenly a statue appeared behind Nataku. It was a strange thing, with a face and elongated features. Immediately Ayame and Izura would feel an uneasy presence. It would sap at their chakra and weaken their capabilities. Nataku was aware that Izura was a strong target, but he also wasn't sure what Izura would do here. A few handseals later and a dark black sphere appeared in front of Nataku. It shot up towards the sky and created an immense gravitational pull. Soon the sand and rocks beneath them would float up towards it as its pull only grew stronger. Nataku gripped the sword in his hand tighter and kept his distance, eyeing both Ayame and Izura. He didn't want to fight, but it seemed that they would take any opportunity they could to subdue him.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Izura’s mangekyou pattern swirled, making a full revolution as the skies quickly turned from day to night, transitioning from the brightness of the day to the darkness of the night, the sharingan being reflected in the moon’s visage, casting a dull red glow on the dark landscape below, before the world suddenly became devoid of color.

Black. White. Shades of grey. That was all that remained.

And at that moment, it’s as if they became separate from time. Free to walk and speak as they pleased. To move as they wished.

The sphere of gravitational power remained suspended in time, flickering with power, but not exerting it’s influence as it remained there, the tension clear.

The childlike Izura dissipated in a flock of ravens, and the adult Izura reappeared, floating midair.

“You know this is pointless as much as I do, father. I have the ability to blur the lines between what is real and what is an illusion.”

More clones of Izura appeared, forming from the shadows cast in the monotone world they found themselves in. Sojobo was now surrounded by 5 Izuras, but none of them seemed interested in attacking.

“If you’re trying to cut us out of your life to avoid being hurt, then why am I alive? You saved me in Konoha all those years ago, only to try and cut me off now? It….it makes no sense! Am I….a mistake?”

One of the clones of Izura stood by Ayame, shielding her from a possible counterattack. This was a dream world, but the mental strain placed upon her from sensory overload could cause her to feel effects in reality. If it got to that point, he’d make sure he got her out of there before it was too late…

WC 295

Ayame

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ayame listened what Nataku said. Every word pierced her heart, wishing all of this to be just a dream. A nightmare. One of the nightmares that this man in front of her managed to take away. But it wasn't.
She looked at Izura's clone and said:
- Don't kill yourselves here.
She was weak. She came here with almost no power left. She used some jutsu that drained her even more and all that was happening here was killing her.
The girl took a step forward, then another, trying not to collapse on the ground.
- You... - she started as she walked towards Nataku - you needed this. You needed it, so you could have a reason to be angry and to leave everything behind. You wanted this. You'll fall for everything, just so you can use it as an excuse. And what happened... god, you loved it. Because for you... it proved you're right. But you are not. And I pray to god or whatever power is there to realize it before it's too late, because I don't want you to hate yourself.
She was close, but stopped for a moment, so she could keep her balance. Then continue, reaching with her hand at him.
- I'm not going to take this "gift" for new life. I don't want this shinobi career, I'm not going back to this school, if you feel that way. This was never my path anyways. I'm going to be sick if accept this cursed gift.
Ayame knew that Nataku made up his mind. There was no turning back and she could not make him stay here with her and Izura by force as much as she wanted. Tear started falling out of her eyes, but she looked at Nataku with a faint smile.
- Return to your home. To your village. To your friends. I won't bother you, I'll be on my way soon.
The girl stood right beside him. She felt pain all over her body, she felt dizzy, her vision became blurry maybe because of the tears or because she was about to collapse in his legs. She took his pinkie with hers. Again.
- But I've made a promise. And I'm about to keep it. I'll kill every last one of them. I'll bring you his head even if this is the last thing I'll do. And if I fail and we never see each other again... I want you to know I tried.
One last thing she tried to make, before everything went dark.
She wanted him to remember this moment that was precious to her.
The girl activated her sharingan and looked at his eyes...

They were standing in the room at his house. He just caught her trying to steal his blade. The next moment they were in the academy for her first class. After that they were at his house, laughing ant telling stories. And now at her room, making a promise.
tumblr_o8de8aEsbW1s8v1m3o1_500.gif

It all end on her bed after a nightmare. She asked him to stay here. He stroked her hair gently. She felt safe and calm, like never before.
"Enough" echoed in her head.
The girl tried to show him more things, but collapsed on the ground in front of him. The illusion was over.
She was in the room. Satou's room - the bookshelves, the fireplace, the wooden lacquered floor.. but with only one chair in front of the fireplace and she was sitting on it. She could only hear the burning wood. It was calm and warm.
The girl watched at the fire.
- Why did you do this? - she asked.
- You were going to kill yourself. - a voice spoke, but she was alone.
- I didn't know you were concerned about my well being.
- Of course I am. We have a deal, if you die I won't get what I want.
The girl kept silent and the laughed a little.
- Of course.
Once again the crackling wood from the fireplace filled the room.
- I like this place.
- Satou likes it too.
- Is he coming?
- Do you want me to call him?
She think for a while and answered.
- No. He did enough for me, now he has to rest and not think about what happened.
She let a long sigh and spoke:
- I feel calm here... I wish I feel this way forever.
- You will, child.

[Topic left.]​

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back