Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Hide and Seek! [Class]

Akuro Kunashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
images

RP said:
The walk had taken about an hour. Kyōshi was notably more agreeable now, he had smoked three cigarettes on the walk alone. Coming to the border of a forest with a dark, wooded path leading into it, Kyōshi turned and stopped his students. He pulled a small red flag out from his back pocket. Talking past his cigarette, he began explaining their task. "This is your goal. You kids will stay here, and I am going to go hide this flag in there. Follow me, I fail you. It's no fair if you know where your target is. With that, he turned and walked down the path.

---

After a short time, Kyōshi reappeared through the path without his flag. Pulling the half-burnt cigarette from his lips with his fingers, he spoke again. "As I said, that flag is your goal. I have hidden it somewhere around the big tree you'll find in there. Now, before you head in, I have decided to let you kids make a choice. Would you like to work as a four person team, or as two competing pairs? The first pair that find the flag getting bragging rights and all that fun stuff." Kyōshi waited for their responses. In the shinobi world, you always have competition. He thought this may be good practice. Putting the cigarette back to his lips, he took a drag and slipped his other hand back into his pocket.

OoC said:
Topic Created; Continued from here
Go ahead and state your vote, Pairs or Team.
The outcome doesn't affect your ability to pass the class.

Kashino Yuu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
As he followed his instructor, Yuu explained about himself to the other students without Sumāto-sensei heard everything what he said. He didn't want to blurt everything out to an instructor like him. After that, they were ordered to stay here as he left with a flag on his hand. This made him very confused than before as he was in a dark about this class's topic. As he waited, he remembered the students that arrived after him, which one of them he recognized from that signature moves class. Curious, he then asked to the light haired boy, "Hey, you're here for another class, um... Shizu Kai-kun, right?"

As for the other students, he was a little worried about the little shy girl with them, considered that Sumāto-sensei was a little scary for her. But before he can comfort her however, the instructor came back and told them the true goal of this class, which was to find the flag he had earlier and asked them if them should work together as a four person team or as two competing pairs. "I see. I didn't saw this class's topic sooner." Teamwork was actually the class's topic as Yuu knew he can't do missions alone as it was essential to survive and accomplish it. "Maybe we should do a four person team, but I don't mind if you guys like the latter."

(OOC: If you didn't read it, Yuu voted on four person team.)

Mizushima Hiroko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
After walking for about an hour, Hiroko was wondering how long it was going to take to get there. Then Sumāto-sensei announced that the goal was to find a small red flag. He then disappeared to go and hide the flag. "Follow me, I fail you." That seemed clear enough for Hiroko. She knew that if she tried to go home the first day at the academy and say she failed out of her class, Granny Yuuka wouldn't be very happy. She noticed one of the kid with dark eyes and indigo hair looking at her. It seemed that he was just about to talk to her. She sighed in relief when Sumāto-sensei came back. Sumāto-sensei arrived back to where they were and announced that the flag was hidden somewhere around the big tree and that they had the choice to either work together or work in two pairs, Hiroko knew what her answer would be.

"I-I think that w-we should go with the four man team as well.." Hiroko said quietly but loud enough to let the others know her decision, though she wasn't sure any of them had heard her. She then turned her head in embarrassment because she kept stuttering. All though she usually preferred to stay isolated, she did work very well with others. As she waited for the others to put in their opinions, she grabbed a single card from her back pocket and continued to twirl it in her fingers absent-mindlessly, her nerves taking over once more.

Aoyama Yukiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
An hour or so passed, and they walked mostly the entire time. One of the boys talked most of the way there, something about himself, though Yukiko gathered practically nothing from the nonstop blabber. Their small group came to a stop outside of a forest, and Kyōshi-sensei held up a flag. He told them that would be their goal, then to stay here and not follow unless they wanted to fail. She was perfectly fine with staying here, as it wouldn't be staying true to her own dreams to fail her first class at the academy. The kid-who-had-talked-the-entire-walk said something to the other boy, which she ignored, uninterested. Kyōshi-sensei returned, and explained the task, then asked if they would like to work all as a team or in two pairs. Yukiko looked to the others, while picking through the options. Working as a team would be fun, to say the least, and good practice for later, while the same could be said of pairs. The only difference she could find, was that working in pairs meant competition.

The shy, more nervous girl and the darker haired boy stated they would like to work as a four man team, and Yukiko was perfectly willing to side with them simply because it would be easy enough. However, she felt like stating her own opinion today. "I don't know... The pair might be interesting. Though I don't really mind whichever option we go with." She said. Either option would be good practice, or at least she thought.

Shizu Kai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was about an hour or so walk to there, not too bad. Kai either talked some with them if at all or listened to Yuu the way there mostly. Stopped just outside the forest, Kyōshi-sensei held a small red flag and explained it was their goal to find it. They were instructed to stay here while he hid the flag inside, follow him and they fail. Kai had no problem staying here. "Hey, you're here for another class, um... Shizu Kai-kun, right?" "Right, that's me. This is my second class so far," he said,

After a short time, Kyōshi-sensei returned to the group. He said the flag was somewhere around the big tree in there. After, he asked if they wanted to work in a four man team or as two pairs. All the other students had chosen making Kai the last. Kai was pretty set on his answer by now if not already. "I'll go with us being a four person team too," he replied.

Akuro Kunashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths

RP said:

His face remained emotionless and disinterested as he nodded. A four man team it would be, though the thrill of competition would be lost. Kyōshi wasn't perturbed, however, it had no effect on his class really. The twenty-nine year old pulled his cigarette from his mouth and exhaled the toxic fumes into the environment. "As I said earlier, your goal is the flag. It is hidden just off of the path that circumnavigates the huge tree in the middle." Kyōshi points to the path's entrance, the one that the student's saw him walk down. "This is how you get to the tree. Think of the path as a line with a circle at the end. I want you all to stick to the path and respect nature. The Nimbus is actually a fairly dangerous place. Use your senses. All of them. Being able to see the unseeable is crucial for a shinobi.If you leave the path, don't stray too far. If you need help, yell for me. Work as a team and all that nonsense, and bring me back my flag!" With that, Kyōshi vanished.

---

Upon entering the forest, the children would walk a ways down the path and come onto a giant tree. The path bifurcates around the tree, encompassing it. The path seems well-trodden, and the tree looks ancient. The forest is dense around the tree, creating a nice shady path. The students can hear birds chirping and sounds of a serene forest, and maybe a trickle of a river nearby. With many stones to overturn, time was of the essence for the children!

---

Kyōshi had retreated to a branch high above the wooded entrance, so high that the kids couldn't see him (not that they could anyway). He sat down and leaned on the middle, still smoking his cigarette. It was almost time for a new one, so he pulled out his pack, waiting for any shouts from his students.

OoC said:
Use your brains and find the flag!
Post the actions your character will take during this round in an OOC post, at the end I will tell you all if you found it or not.
Get creative!
Remember, 48hrs!

Kashino Yuu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
With Sumāto-sensei agreed three-half of the students, including Yuu himself, he told them some advice before he allowed them to find the flag. With that said after he vanished, he and the others entered the forest and walked down the path until came across the giant tree that Sumāto-sensei mentioned, which they now needed to find the flag before their instructor comes back. However, Yuu then wondered if this team could work with roles or not. If this were a real mission, they would have leaders and whatnot. But he was worried if the other students disagreed with his proposal. Regardless, he needed to do his part as the team to succeed this class.

"Looks like we better get started. If you guys want, I can search at the back of tree. But we have to follow what Sumāto-sensei said and it's to never stray off from the tree or group, okay?" He wasn't a leader-type of sorts, but he needed to make sure everyone stayed together for this class. "Just call for me if you guys are in trouble nearby." With that said, he left the group for a while to head off the back of the tree and checked it for signs of the flag.
Action:
Yuu checked at the back of the giant tree.

Mizushima Hiroko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hiroko noticed Sumāto-sensei's reaction to their votes. He, apparently, was hoping they would choose the two pairs. At least that's what Hiroko thought he was wanting. When he instructed them to follow the path and stay safe then vanished, Hiroko knew they had to get started, and find that flag before Sumāto-sensei returned.

When they got to the huge tree that Sumāto-sensei was talking about, Yuu mentioned he was going to check the back of the tree. Hiroko almost protested saying that since they are a team they should stick together but decided against it thinking it would be pointless to start a debate on the first day. "I-I can climb t-the tree and s-see if it's in any branches or up there at all. If th-thats okay with you guys.." Unlike Yuu she wanted to make sure everyone else was okay with her decison. Should everyone agree with her she will climb the tall tree to see if it's up higher.

(OOC: Hiroko climbed the tree to see if it was up higher or in the branches.)

Aoyama Yukiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yukiko nodded when Kyōshi-sensei re-explained the assignment. She looked to the others after he disappeared, and wondered how well they would be able to work together. In any case, she hoped this wouldn't take long, and waited a few seconds before starting into the forest with the rest, walking to the back area of their four person group.

They arrived at the tree, and she stared up at it. That thing was massive, from where they were standing. Yuu said he would go check the back of the tree, and left. the other, more nervous girl, Hiroko, said she was going to climb the tree, and Yukiko nodded. Thinking back, though, Kyōshi-sensei had said it was just off the path, meaning it could be in the trees around this one. With that, she turned to the other remaining student. "I'm going to check the trees around..." She said, her voice fading out at the end. She smiled, and moved off, moving quickly, but quiet as possible. She stopped by one of the trees, not far from the large one and climbed up it, checking inside the leaves, then moved to the next tree and did the same, repeating multiple times. She stuck to the trees nearby, and stayed within sight of the largest tree and close to the path.

(OOC - Yukiko checked some of the surrounding trees, near the large one.)

Shizu Kai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kai nodded when Kyōshi-sensei finished explaining the final part before vanishing. It was time to get started finding that small red flag that sensei hid. He walked into the forest with the others and down the path until the giant tree sensei mentioned. They were supposed to stick to the path and not stray too far if they did leave it. He stopped and looked up at the tree once they reached it. No kidding, it was a huge tree from where they were at, and probably dwarfed every other tree from above.

Once they got started, Kai nodded as the others went to check areas for the flag. Yuu left to check the back of the tree, the shy girl, Hiroko, went to climb up the tree and check there, and the other girl, Yukiko, said she's checking the surrounding areas of the tree. Kai quickly chose his place to check, the right and left sides of the tree. He nodded to Yukiko saying, "I'm going to check the right and left sides of the tree!" If that was ok, he would start heading around the right side of the tree. He quickly checked it, and once he was done checking there he would make his way back around and check the left side of the tree. They already saw the front of the tree and Yuu was checking the back, so that left the remaining two sides. "With everyone having a specific area of or around the tree maybe this would go fast."

[MFT WC 255]
[OoC: Kai checked the right and left sides of the tree.]

Akuro Kunashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths

RP said:

Kyōshi looked at his students from his perch high in the treetops. He watched as the fumbled around, looking for the flag. He took a final drag of this cigarette, exhaling the toxins into the air. He looked back down to the field, observing. Yuu went to the back and Kai checked around the tree, but to no avail. All they would see is more tree. Yukiko walked around a little further out, looking around some of the other trees she would see, but unfortunately did not find the flag. Hiroko walked toward the tree,trying to get in range to climb it. However, when she walked toward it, the already massive tree seemed to get taller, and the branches further out of reach, making the tree seemingly unclimbable. Kyōshi decided that it was time for another hint. Concentrating, he inserted himself near the tree.

---

"Not quite. You guys are playing right into my hand. If I were an enemy, you all would be screwed right now." Kyōshi seemingly appeared before the children, standing sideways on the trunk of the tree. He casually strolled downward, taking a few steps off the tree and erecting himself vertically. "You see, deception is the key to a shinobi's success, but everyone shows his cards at somepoint, either intentionally or unintentionally. You should all think back on what I everything I have said, and interpret it. If not, you all will be wandering around this field until nightfall. I can't have that, keeping you kids out here that long would look bad for me. Keep looking, but use your minds! Think of it like a puzzle. Ja ne." And before the students, Kyōshi disappeared once more.

---

Kyōshi opened his eyes and was back in his trees. He took a deep breath. He was running low on chakra. Though not hard normally, while amplified four times, it was becoming quite the drain. He would end it soon, for his own sake.

OoC said:
Sorry for the delay.
No one found it!
Use all of my past posts for reference. The answer is in there somewhere!

Kashino Yuu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Yuu tried and tried to find the flag at the back of the tree, but he couldn't find anything. "What? It's not here." Before he can continue, Sumāto-sensei appeared right in front of him and his classmates and told him that nether of the areas they picked didn't have the flag, much to his surprise and dismay. However, he did gave him some advice about another point of this class, which was deception since his instructor did had a point about being ambushed after looking at the obvious places they knew. With the last piece of advice from Sumāto-sensei before he vanished once more, Yuu was determined to find the flag with the help from his team. But the question was where as he didn't want to be fooled once more.

Now that he thought about it, he realized that there was something strange about the forest when he first arrived, namely the stones overturned near him. However as for his team, he needed to know what they were thinking about as well. "Guys, do you guys see everything strange in this forest? I noticed those stones are strange for the reason, so I'll search there. What about you, guys? Anything something weird you guys saw? Including our sensei?" He didn't want to offend Sumāto-sensei, but he wondered if his attire hid something from them. Nevertheless, after he heard their answers, he checked the stones to see if the flag was there.
Action:
Yuu checked the stones near them.

Mizushima Hiroko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hiroko was quite disappointed when she couldn't climb the tree and then Sumāto-sensei appeared and announced that none of them would find it where they are. Sensei had told them that they needed to think back on what he had said. He did mention some stones. Hiroko thought. Then with his one last piece of advice, "Keep looking, but use your minds! Think of it like a puzzle." sensei vanished once more. Before she tried to say she was going to look at some nearby stones, the kid named Yuu mentioned that's where he was going to go look.

Thinking she did see some other overturned stones on the other side of the tree, that's where she was going to go, liking where Yuu was headed with his idea. "I-I am going to go to the other s-side of the tree. T-there were some more s-stones over there so I'm going to go look at those." With that Hiroko took off hoping that one of them at least can find it before Sumāto-sensei ends the challenge.

(OOC: Hiroko checked the rocks on the other side of the tree.)

Shizu Kai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
After checking around the left side of the tree, Kai had not found the flag and neither had the others Kyōshi-sensei revealed, appearing before him and the others. Kai shuddered at the fact that if this was a real enemy, they would be dead right now. There was more to this than the obvious locations. He had to think and help solve the puzzle before it got late. He didn't want to fail or make the sensei look bad. So he would try again and hope they would not come back empty without the flag this time. Yuu mentioned that there was something strange about the forest around them. Yuu noticed something strange about the overturned stones by them and said he was going to check there. "They are. I'll check rocks on the third side," he said and went. The girl named Hiroko went to check on the other side of the tree.

[OoC: Kai went to check the rocks on the third side of the tree.]

Aoyama Yukiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yukiko returned to the tree as Sensei appeared and listened to what he had to say. Think back, he said. She did just that and reveiwed everything he had said today. The others seemed to be on to something, as they went to check on rocks. While it could be there, she wasnt as sure as hey seemed to be. Use all your senses, was something sensei had said. She nodded to the others as they left, and stepped closer to the front of the tree. She checked around the base, parting grass as she went. She also kept her ears open for possible clues, though it probabl woudnt help.

OOC: Yukiko checked the base of the tree in front, places they couldnt easiliy see to begin with there. Sorry for the delay. Posted mobile with a bad keybord so mistakes will be present.

Akuro Kunashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths

RP said:

Kyōshi continued to watch from above, just concentrating. He was becoming more and more exhausted. He looked down from his perch and watched Yuu begin to flip over rocks in hopes to maybe find it under one of them. 'Man, he didn't listen at all.. I don't remember saying anything about stones..' He continued to watch as both Hiroko and Kai begin looking at rocks as well, causing Kyōshi to sigh. Maybe he hadn't reached them with his hints after all? However, Yukiko became slightly more focused, he could tell she was trying to use all of her senses, as he had instructed them to. A step in the right direction. As Kyōshi was watching the quartet, his focus became a bit unsteady. He corrected it quickly, but if Yukiko was as astute as she seemed to be, she would've noticed an ever-so-faint rippling appear in the tree for a split second, and then disappear. His exhaustion as well as his lack of focus had caused him to slip momentarily, and he had hoped she didn't notice the falter. If she did, however, Kyōshi wouldn't fret. He would call it another hint for actually taking his advice.

Kyōshi's patience was beginning to wear thin. He had silently decided that time for hints was over. They either figure it out, or they don't. He subconsciously took a drag of his cigarette, and waited for his student's final move.

OoC said:
No flag yet.
Yukiko is the only one to see the ripple-thing.
If you play your character seeing it (and are not Yukiko), I will fail you for metagaming, its just not fair and is technically cheating :p
Final chance to find the flag!

Kashino Yuu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Yuu was now completely embarrassed as he can't find any flag inside the stones. "Man, this is why I'm not the leader-type." He thought as he preferred listening to others instead. "Uh, forget what I said about the rocks. Just find something that's out of the ordinary around here." Yuu was still embarrassed by this, but he can't give up right now. "But if you guys did find anything, just give everyone a holler." With that said, he tried to remember what his instructor had said and decided to use his senses rather his head to find the flag. As he did, he decided to check back to the tree and unaware at what Yukiko was checking, he looked around the ground near it without faltering his senses.
Action:
Yuu checked the ground near the tree while his senses are open in case he was wrong.
(OOC: I would say he should join with Yukiko, but that might be meta-gaming. So this is my only choice.)

Mizushima Hiroko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
When Hiroko didn't find the flag around the rocks she knew something was wrong here. She took a second to go back and listen to every thing Kyōshi-sensei had said to them from the moment they first met him. Something seemed off to her. She started to think about all the ideas that supported her new concept... a genjutsu

'When Kyōshi-sensei had mentioned that we were going outside he said that we were going to be in a field. Not a forest. He also said 'If not, you will all be wondering around this field at night.' (1) Deception is key. He is deceiving us by making us believe we are in a forest when we are actually in a field. (2) Use our minds. A genjutsu does manipulate your mind. (3) He said 'Field' many times. This genjutsu is making us believe we are in a forest when in reality we are in a field. We never even entered the forest part. (4) Everyone shows his cards at some point. The places where he said field. Those are his cards. (5) Being able to see the unseeable. If the flag is hidden by the genjutsu then there is no way we can find it. (6) He looked physically exhausted and was sweating. That happens when you run low on chakra. (7) He appeared near the tree almost out of thin air. (8) The tree seemed to move when I got closer to it.'

Hiroko was very sure that she had found the answer but she needed to confirm it and not with just theories. Mustering up as much courage as she could, Hiroko walked over to the others. "G-guys I want to try something. Kyōshi-sensei. I-I have a question for you. A-Are we in a genjutsu?" Hiroko was mentally proud that she might have figured it out, but her mind quickly worked its way back to the situation at hand waiting for her sensei to answer.

(OOC: Hiroko called for Kyōshi-sensei and is asking if they are in a genjutsu.)
[MFT: WC:327]

Aoyama Yukiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yukiko continued to check places they couldn't easily see, until she ran out of nooks, crannies and crevices to check. She stepped slightly back, and scanned the base of the tree again, looking carefully just to be sure she hadn't missed anything. No more small spaces she could check were present, but she did pause, for a split second, where the scene looked off. It seemed to be almost, faintly, rippling, but it disappeared before she had a chance to call the others over. She moved closer to where the rippling had been, only to find the grass and the base of the tree once more. She stepped away from the spot with a frown, still thinking about what Sensei has said throughout the day.

Her eyes drifted to Yuu, who had abandoned his rocks and moved back to the front with her again. He wasn't acting like he had seen the rippling, and his eyes where aimed to the ground, as if the answer was somewhere on the ground. Yukiko rolled her eyes, and looked around for the others. Hiroko joined them at the front, and said something about asking Kyōshi-sensei a question. "A-Are we in a genjutsu?" The other girl questioned, after alling out to their sensei. Yukiko moved over to stand next to her, while rolling the idea over in her head. 'Sensei had said we were headed to a field, not a forest, and that might explain the rippling.'

"You might be onto something, Hiroko." She said, smiling to her teammate. The idea of it being a genjutsu was actually a good thought. Hopefully, they had it right this time, as she really did not want to spend all night here, weather this really was a forest, or a field. "A genjutsu would make sense." She mused, and remained stationed next to her teammate, showing she agreed with Hiroko's question for Kyōshi-sensei. She looked around a few more times, then simply looked ahead and waited with Hiroko for Sensei to, hopefully, answer the question.

(OOC: Yukiko noticed said faint rippling, and joined Hiroko in the genjutsu idea. Now waiting with Hiroko for Kyōshi-sensei.)
{MFT WC-338}

Shizu Kai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
After a bit of checking rocks on that third side, he didn't find anythinhg there either. Much to his dismay it didn't seem Kai and them had find the flag yet again. Yuu seemed kinda embarrassed, but Kai wasn't feeling good about missing it again either. He mentioned to forget the rocks and just look for something out of the ordinary. "It's fine, the rocks were as good a guess as mine at the time, he thought. Yuu went to check near the tree and the ground near it. Kai turned to the tree and looked back carefully on what Kyōshi-sensei had said. In the midst of it, it had seemed that Hiroko was on to something.

"A-Are we in a genjutsu?" It was likely it was a genjutsu with all they've gathered. If it was hiding the flag they would not be able to find it. Along with it, there was the fact he overlooked about sensei mentioning they were going to a field. The forest wasn't just strange, it may be an illusion. It may have been part of their goal to see through that genjutsu all along. Sensei even mentioned being able to see the unseeable was critical for a shinobi. Settled on seeing if it was a genjutsu they were in, Kai went to wait with the others for Sensei. "If it's Genjutsu, that would explain a bit," Kai said with a smile.

[OoC: Kai joined the others on the genjutsu idea and he is waiting for Kyōshi-sensei.]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back