Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Open How do you like your steak?

Yume Izanami

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
Snow fell softly upon the Village hidden in the Clouds. It was near the end of Winter, yet the snow keeps on falling off and on. It was nearly nighttime when Izanami's stomach started to grumble. She took a deep breath and sighed. She didn't really want to cook, but she also doesn't want to get cold. She had this dilemma for about thirty minutes until she finally decided to throw on a sweater and some earmuffs and walk out. It would take her about ten minutes to walk from her apartment to Dawnbringer's plaza.

The aroma of food was heavy in the air of all the different types of cuisines. As for Izanami, she was craving steaks. That is the one thing on her mind right now. She would go to a steak house that wasn't too pricey and sat down at a table. A waitress would eventually make their way to the young Genin as she placed her order. "Can I get a water and a medium rare steak?"

The waitress would nod and walk off, leaving the girl alone in her thoughts. It's very weird... When she was a revolutionist, and heard talks of how bad it was in Cloud Village, she half expected there to be either run down or no restaurants at all. But this place, seemed rather big. Even when she herself lived in the out reaches of Port Cirrus, her and her family never went anyplace too fancy to go and eat. Izanami would more or less just look out the window as people would pass on the street as she waited for her steak.

Akira Kazan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
It was getting late, and snow from throughout the day had accumulated all around. None the less, this was the cloud village and it was winter time, of course just about everyone had grown accustom to the weather. Sora dawned with a red dress style coat, and a waist belt, headed out into the villages entertainment district. Leaving her Katana at home, she opted to simply strap her Wazikashi somewhat securely to her side. With a few minutes, the aroma of all the local cuisine filled the air and it was then that Sora realized she hadn't eaten anything today. Her stomach growled and began to rumble with excitement, as she glanced around and saw a local steak house. "That would be perfect right about now!" She thought to herself before rushing over.

Entering into the restaurant, and leaving behind the chill of winter, she looked around and noticed the busy staff and happy patrons. Smiling, she unhide her waist belt and removed her jacket. Exposing her casual attire; a crop top that exposed her naval, shoulders, and arms, and from the waist down, a long black skirt dress. Folding her jacket up and holding it with one arm, the approached a table beside a young woman. Perhaps she was the same age as Sora, maybe younger; it was hard to tell these days. She seemed to be lost in thought and for some reason, staring out the window. Perhaps she was lost in thought or maybe even waiting for someone else. Trying not to disturb the girl, Sora focused on the approaching waitress. Within seconds, and exchange between Sora and the waitress took place. "I'd like small ribeye, medium well with a house salad on the side and water to drink, please." Said Sora, nodding as the waitress wrote down her order and left.

Glancing back over at the young woman at the table next to her, and then out towards the other patrons, Sora wondered what the night would entail. It wasn't like her to go out to eat on her own, there weren't many people she came up with left around these days. Perhaps a grim reminder of the life she, and many others, chose to walk as Shinobi.

[Word: 300+] [Marked for Training]
[Topic Entered]

Yume Izanami

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
Izanami would continue to look out the window waiting for her food to arrive. Putting in her headphones, she would glance down at her little music player and flip through some songs. It is crazy to think of how much the world has changed to have something as small and insignificant as this. But even other than the rise of technology across the world, there were constantly changing things. Just thinking back on it, a few years ago, she was part of a revolution to expose Cloud Village's dirty laundry, so to speak. And now that things have calmed down, she decided to join the very Village that she was willing to spill blood against.

All for what? To see if Cloud really has changed for the better to focus on helping its citizenry? Maybe Izanami doesn't have a purpose. Her only talent is to make tools for war, something that doesn't look like it's going to happen anytime soon. Well at the very least she can hone her skills to become a better blacksmith. Better weapons means better survivability for those who use her weapons and armor.

Looking over, she caught an older woman staring at her, but the girl didn't really mind at all. It's not like this place doesn't take seats for one. Finally, her food would arrive and she would start eating, blissfully ignorant to the world around her with her headphones in, listening to music.

Akira Kazan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
After ordering her food, Sora began to wait patiently and ponder about what she might be getting into over the next few days. It had been a while since she had last went on a mission, though with her recent streak of bad luck, who could really blame her. Failure was something she was beginning to grow accustom to, but not from lack of trying. Thing had just been hard especially since she wasn't apart of any official team. She was a lone, lonely, shinobi in this great village. "Hmmm.. She thought, glancing back at the younger lady next to her. She seemed to be listening to music or something, while eating. "She's alone too... but shes kind of in her own little world. Would it be rude to interrupt her?" Thought Sora. This wasn't an attempt to make a new friend, but more so to just pass the time.

Waving her hand, while glancing down at the girls food, her stomach began to rumble. "Hey, i'm sorry to bother you, but would you like some company?" She asked, hoping the girl could hear her even with headphones in. Hopefully she could hear her and if so, Sora would continue on and introduce herself. "My name's Sora. What's yours?" She'd ask, in a calm manor. It was kind of strange to just both someone randomly, but Sora had no ill intentions and just wanted to make small talk. She was here alone and perhaps so was this girl, or whoever this girl was waiting on, if anybody at all, might be running late.

[wc: 250+]
[Marked for Training]

Yume Izanami

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
Izanami wouldn't really notice the other girl until she had waved at her. Taking her headphones out of her ears, she politely listened to what the older girl had to say. "Um.... Sure." She would listen as the other girl introduced herself as Sora. "I'm Izanami. Yume Izanami. Just some girl trying to figure it all out." Yeah, one hell of an introduction. Well, not really. The young Genin would rather say that than say something along the lines of how she is an ex-enemy of the Village and the only reason that she isn't chained up is because of a deal made between the leader of the Revolution and a Sennin here.

Though, while it does seem outlandish with what she had just said, she actually is trying to figure out what her life means now. What does she want? To help the civilians that don't have chakra, which even after the Holy war which saw an influx of people suddenly having chakra, there were still a number of the civilian population across the country that doesn't have chakra.

"So..." Izanami started. She wasn't really good at all when it comes to small talk. "You got any hobbies outside of being a ninja?"

Akira Kazan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
Listening to the young woman introduce herself, Sora smiled a little bit. Even though she had went out of her way to bother this stranger, her efforts weren't completely ignored. While her introduction was a little direct and to the point, who could really blame her? They were strangers, and Sora had just interrupted her meal. At least there was no ill intent in either Sora's action or Izanami's reaction. Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed her waitress walking towards her table with her food. Glancing away for a brief second, and then back to Izanami, Sora went to say something, but listened as she girl asked her if she had any hobbies outside of being a ninja. For a second, a confused look would cross Sora's face.

Was it that obvious that she was a shinobi? Or perhaps, it just took a trained eye to notice. Which mean, Sora could logically assume this girl was one as well. "No one has ever really asked me that." She said, as the waitress sat her food down. The aroma of the freshly cooked steak, beside a mountainous salad, seemed to briefly overwhelm her sense of smell. Catching herself, she continued to answer Izanami's question. "I guess if it's considered a hobby, it would properly be be clothes shopping.... What about you?" Said Sora with slight chuckle. Grabbing her knife and fork, she began to slice her steak into more manageable bites. Pausing for a moment, she couldn't refrain herself from blurting out. "So are you waiting for someone or are you just here all by yourself like me?" Hopefully Sora wouldn't be intruding to much with that question. She knew why she was here by herself, but surely someone else wasn't as alone in the village like she was.

[Wc:250+]
[Marked for Training]

Yume Izanami

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
"Clothes shopping?" Izanami asked. She never really though much about clothes shopping. Even before her whole life had changed. Weapons and armor making are the only things that comes to mind when she tries to pass time. Well, that and she listens to a lot of music.

"I usually listen to music and either make or try and perfect weapons and armor. Outside of music, weapons and armor is really the only thing I know. It's steady, and changes are sometimes fast, sometimes slow, depending on society as a whole. But it's what never changes in my life that I am much certain of." She would cut up her own steak and eat as she would listen to Sora speak. She would shake her head.

"I'm by myself. The Tenouzans made sure that I didn't have anyone I loved left." The Tenouzans. Something that both ninja and revolutionists alike hated. Before the Revolutionists, there was the Holy War, something that at the end, made a majority of Lightning Country awaken to chakra. Before that happened though, majority if not all of the Revolutionists were normal people, living no chakra lives when the Tenouzans attacked and killed with no preference other than to cause death and destruction.

And while Izanami is choosing to work with the ninja since it seems that they are now making Lightning country a safer place, she will not be so forgiving to any surviving Tenouzans. It'll be likely she'll shoot first ask questions later when dealing with any Tenouzans.

Akira Kazan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
While listening to Izanami reply, Sora began to eat a little bit of her food. She was a little taken back when the girl repeated her words about clothes shopping, but Sora could rationalize why. The life of a shinobi, combined with a recent war that affected the country, and just how things were these days. Who had time for something as miniscule as clothes shopping? It was Sora's way of coping and finding some type of way of standing out, amidst all the chaos and tragedy of the world. Listening, quietly, Sora took note of Inazami's hobbies; music, weapons, and armor. More specifically, crafting and improving them. Finding it interesting, and odd, Sora made a mental note as she let the girl continue.

Finally swallowing her food, she placed her eating utensils down as she heard the girl mention that she was alone because of some people called the Tenouzans. Feeling sympathy for the girl, and somewhat ashamed because she had no idea who these people where, Sora hesitated. "I'm sorry to hear that. She said, glancing down at her plate a food. "I'm alone in this world too, but not because of any Tenouzans. Our line of work can be unforgiving.. She said, as she reached out for her glass of water. Before raising the glass to her lips, she let out a statement followed by another question. "I've been lucky to not be involved or really affected by recent events. Missions have kept me pretty busy. But, who exactly are the Tenouzans?" Her statement was to explain her lack of knowledge or experience with recent events, if only to subtly explain why she wasn't aware of these people. With that, she finally took a sip of her water and waited patiently for Izanami to reply. Hopefully Izanami could hear the sincerity in Sora's question.

[Wc: 300+]
[Marked for Training]

Yume Izanami

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
"It is both strange and sad that death is the norm for people like us." She said in agreement. Though how she had met a lot of people who loathe the Cloud ninja due to numerous reason, one thing connects them all. Death. It is a great understanding of this world that when faced with a great threat, or great trauma, one unlocks powers from within themselves. That is, forever been the norm of the world.

Izanami would drink her water when she heard the next question pointed towards her. She nearly choked on the water before looking at Sora. "Are you serious?" She would examine the older girls face before scoffing and sitting back, "You are serious..." Sighing, she would go on to explain, "Tenouzans are these religious people that basically think chakra users are a scourge or something to the planet. Some years ago, they had launched an all out war on not just Cloud Village, but Lightning Country as a whole, seeking to erase any chance of there being any people awakening to chakra. Soon after the war ended, the whole country had seen a massive influx of people awakening to chakra. Almost as if there was something suppressing such an innate power that dwells within people. But yeah. Tenouzans have caused a lot of harm, the type of people I will never forgive."

She of course left out the next few years that happened after the Holy War. If Sora really was out of touch with what's been happening, then she might not need to know that she is sitting across the table from an ex-enemy of Cloud. The Revolution. Something that Izanami stands by, and if it wasn't for the Leader of the Revolution standing down, she was sure to be in a different present time. Perhaps, one that might have had the two of them standing at a battlefield rather than eating steak together.

But even with her being geared towards hating ninja, there is something that she can't deny. The idea of having friends. Sure there was a lot of like-minded people in the Revolution, but there was never a hangout time. Everyone was focused on how to prepare for the future instead of the now.

Akira Kazan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
Nodding in reply to Izanami's comments about death being normal for people like them, she sat down her glass of water. With the glass still within her grips, her eyes widened only slightly as she was asked if she were serious. With a slight, yet affirming nod, Sora listened for Izanami to explain. These Tenouzan people were a religious cult who apparently had something against others who could utilize chakra. Upon hearing this, Sora leaned back in her chair and tried to take it all in. How had she missed an important event like this? There was an entire war going on within the country, involving the village, and she was none the wiser. Finally letting go of her glass of water, she casually grabbed her eating utensils, and began picking at her food.

"You know, it's kind of hard to believe I missed all that." She said, glancing down at her plate and back up towards Izanami. Her apatite was sort of fading at the thought of all of this. "But it's not the first time our village or country has experienced some type of war or hardships. I don't know why, or what caused those passed events, but I do know most of them happened before my time... Still, I'm sorry you had to endure that." She stated, in a calm voice. Sora wasn't a historian, or someone who was particularly knowledgeable on historic wars, but like anyone else she had her own opinions and thoughts.

But, those thoughts and opinions were probably better kept to herself. Since she hadn't experienced those hardships and she didn't wish to come off as insensitive. "This probably explains why I've seen a lot of new people in the village lately. Do you think any of those Tenouzan people might've snuck into the village's forces?" She asked, just wondering if all of them had been captured.

[wc: 300+]
[Marked]

Yume Izanami

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
She listened to the older girl talk. And how she was talking seems as if she wasn't around until very recently. Perhaps the girl was out on some year or two long mission? Nevertheless, it doesn't matter. Izanami only told her part of her history, the other part... She'd rather keep hidden away from any other ninja here in Cloud.

Sora's next question made the Genin clench her fists. "If they did, then it will be only a matter of time before they're found out. And if I am the one to find such Tenouzan..." Her voice trailed off, but would her companion pick up the voice of anger that is behind what she just said? She can go on and on of how she'd react to treating a Tenouzan if she ever found one. But for now. She leaned back into the booth, letting out a big sigh.

"Getting all riled up thinking about it. Does nobody good to always be paranoid." She stabbed her steak viciously, "All this talk about me and the Tenouzans. Let's get back to you. Earlier you said that one of your hobbies is clothes shopping. Do you have a preferred style? What usually is your go to for colors for clothing?" She had hoped this would be enough to get off of her own history and get back to a more regular type of conversation. And maybe... Maybe she wants to learn to be more like a normal girl than being someone defined by their past.

(mft)

Akira Kazan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
Sora's question wasn't meant to upset, or to trigger a reaction, within her new friend. She was genuinely curious as to what was going on within not just the village, but the entirety of the lightning country. Unfortunately, Sora could tell that she had unintentionally struck a nerve. Making a mental note, she was Izanami leaned back into her booth and sighed, before continuing on. She mentioned how she was getting upset just thinking about the possibility of one of these people surviving and sneaking into the village, and how she didn't want to be paranoid about it. Nodding her head, Sora decided then and there to drop the subject for the sake of not making someone else uncomfortable. However, before she could feel awkward or apologize, Izanami took control and changed the conversation. Izanami wanted to know more about Sora's style of clothing and even her preferences in choice of colors.

With a smile, she thought for a second before reply. "Well, I guess you could say that more preferred style isn't something very functional." She said, before letting out a slight giggle. "I mean, it's not really suitable for what we do to be exact. I like to show a little skin, and I like clothes that cling to my figure. But, dresses are nice and ummm." She said, before taking a brief moment to think. "When it comes to colors, I just try to pick ones that match well with my skin tone. Like yellow, dark colors, black, and sometimes navy blue. It really just depends." Said Sora as she looked down at her current wardrobe.

Right now, she was wearing a crop top with a matching long black skirt dress and some flats. Perhaps she was underdressed, but she originally came in with jacket and having been exposed to the weather of this country her whole life, it didn't bother her much. "I know we kind of got side tracked, but earlier you said that you liked to make weapons and armor. What inspired that? Also, what kinds? You're not just a swordsmith, are you?" Asked Sora, truly wondering what kind of things Izanami has crafted.

[Wc: 300+]
[Marked]

Yume Izanami

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
Izanami would lean back in her booth as the older girl would explain what she likes to wear. It does fit with what she is wearing right now. The ex-revolutionist would nod before saying, "I think I'm more of a formal wear type of girl. I usually like to wear a lot of black, pink, and red. I don't like to wear clothes that show too much skin, and usually like to wear things that make it easy to move around in." Ironic, she knows, that she likes to have formal type of clothing, which seems kind of stiff at times, but also likes to wear things that makes it easy for her to basically fight in.

The conversation would revolve back around to her making weapons and armor. She nodded again and would say, "Well it was a family business. Until..." Her voice would trail off. She'd rather not think more on the Tenouzan matter. "Afterwards, it still kind of stuck with me. I was a prodigy in the making even without chakra. But once the whole country started to awaken to having chakra abilities, mine was converted into making weapons and armor far above the capacity that I have ever done before. As for what kinds, I make weapons for every type of encounter. So that way, I won't ever be caught off guard when facing an opponent. Such a thing is vital for someone who isn't on the same type of power level as others that are lobbing meteors at one another."

Shun Sora

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"You know, I think that's a pretty cool style honestly." Sora said in response to Izanami's explanation on her preferred style. Sure, their preferences were dramatically different, but that didn't really matter much. Everyone had their own style, after all. For a brief second, Sora's glanced down just moments before Izanami began to trail off in the discussion. No doubt, Sora had once again asked a question that might've brought up some bad memories. She was starting to feel a little worried; maybe she was prying to much? Then again, with worries and concerns like that, how was anyone supposed to make friends? Tiptoeing around touchy subjects was obviously far from Sora's strong points, but she would keep it in mind as Izanami continued.

It seemed Sora had meet someone who was pretty skilled at making equipment to begin when, but was now on a totally different level. Not only that, but she also seemed to be rather cautious. Sora noted though, wondering just how far ahead Izanami had planned concerning possible encounters. Then again, she was right; it was always better to be prepared, and there were people out there that could chuck meteors at people. With a slight chuckle at Izanami's statement, Sora responded. "Can you imagine us doing that one day? Throwing meteors I mean." Sora was laughing at the concept, though she knew it was possible with enough time and training. "I mean, I'd rather it be more like a tidal wave, but if that's not enough I guess a meteor will have to do." Surely Izanami could tell Sora thought the idea funny. This was the world they lived in, so it was possible.

[Wc: 250+]
[Marked For Training]
[OOC: Sorry for the wait, I had to wait for CC to Sub Account Sora.]

Yume Izanami

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
"Throwing meteors and tidal waves. I'm not entirely on that type of league to even do." She was starting to piece together more about ninja. With so many able to cause such feats rather effortlessly, it's no wonder that some people thought of these ninja as gods able to conjure such powerful attacks.

How does she fit into this all, she still wonders. All she is certain of is that she wants to protect the citizens of Lightning Country, those who still haven't awoken to chakra like abilities despite chakra now flooding the whole region. In the long run, she doubts that her weapon and armor making capabilities can stand up to the likes of those who can very well level a city with ease. Stuck with this dilemma, she wondered what to say. Until she finally spoke. "How exactly did you awaken to your powers? You mentioned you're more of a tidal wave type of girl so I'm guessing you do stuff with water?"

Izanami was actually curious. Sora was the only ninja that she spoke to like an actual person. All others so far, she has barely paid any mind to, and even if she had to talk to them, she didn't go too far deep into conversation. The girl would think to herself as she waited for the other girl's answer. Would there be a way to make her proficiency with her modified weapons even more dangerous? And if so, could that put her on par with those that can easily throw meteors at other people?

Shun Sora

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Calming down, ever so slightly, Sora listened to Izanami mention how she wasn't supposedly 'on league' to do something like throwing meteors or creating tidal waves. She then went on to ask Sora about how she awakened her powers, and took note on how Sora brought up the tidal waves; leading Izanami to believe Sora used the water element release. Izanami was very perceptive in this moment, though Sora wasn't really a secretive person when it came to these types of things. Maybe it was her own lack of caution, though she was also very comfortable within the village. "I don't know what you mean by awakening powers. If you're referring to chakra, I was kind of just born able to use it. Though there was something odd that happened a few months back while I was out on a mission." With a pause, she thought back to the moment she had obtained a unique skill. "I was in a bad situation that had gotten really dangerous. I was ambushed by a group of bandits. I fought them, three against one, and I was just barely able to hold my ground." She said, before a brief pause.

This memory in particular didn't bothered her, but it was in this moment that she realized how close to death she had been that day. "They where about to kill me, but then somehow my body shifted into a liquid state. Their attacks passed right through me and I just instinctively countered." She said, reminiscing about that day. In truth, Sora was what one referred to as a 'Tidecaller', but she wasn't fully aware of what that was. "I haven't really figured it all out yet, but here I am. Oh, and yeah! I'm a natural at water release ninjutsu." She replied, hopefully telling Izanami enough to suffice. Though now, Sora was curious about Izanami. She had mentioned how her chakra just helped her make better weapons and armor, but there had to be more to it than just that.

"Earlier you mentioned your chakra abilities just benefited your weapon and armor creation skills. It sounds to me like you have a solid foundation for weapon taijutsu. Have you considered it?" Sora asked Izanami, honestly trying to pry and learn more about her new friend.

[Wc: 380+]
[Marked For Training]

Yume Izanami

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
Izanami would mull over the thought that Sora left her with. In this country, before the Holy war that ended with chakra flooding the country, being a chakra sensitive person was such a rarity, and considered a must have for the military of the Cloud shinobi force. But afterwards, when people left and right started to awaken to having chakra, some would go to Cloud, looking for guidance to harness such powers, while others used it to reveal the dark past that Cloud officials have kept hidden from the general public.

Hearing more about how Sora had a near death experience and pulled off some water type technique, turning her whole body into water to give her the edge needed to beat these bandits, makes Izanami think that Sora has one of those special types of powers that grace few of the people who are gifted with chakra. Her own statement of being a natural with water ninjutsu only strengthen Izanami's theory. However, she did not expect the question to be flipped back on her, mainly talking about having weapon taijutsu.

Izanami would nod, "I certainly have trained with my weapons with high efficiency, but it wasn't until I was on a mission in which my skills with weapon taijutsu was actually tested." She would pause, thinking back on the mission in which she actively saw people die before her eyes. "Me and a group of genin and academy students were to handle a simple wolf extermination that has been a problem for one of the outer country towns. There, I finally found the extent of using my weapons to their fullest potential. But even so, none of us were prepared for the corpses of such wolves to come and attack us." She didn't really go into much detail. Surprisingly, it wasn't as traumatizing to her as probably some other people. Perhaps she is nulled to the sensation of people she isn't connected to. But even so, there would still be a hint of anger in her voice. She was once part of an organization that probably made a different version of lycans, whether those undead dogs really were part of it or not, Izanami might never know, but until then, she does feel angry at herself for not being able to wipe out such a stain upon the Revolutionists name.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back