Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Open I should get out more

Shirai Sadao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
In the busy streets of Susukino the lone figure of the young boy certainly stood out in the crowd, head tilting from side to side every so often to catch the tail end of conversations of the passers by, clearly having little idea where he was going. Withdrawing the tooth pick from his mouth a prolonged sigh was exhaled into the air, scratching the back of his head sheepishly and speaking aloud to himself. "I really should have learned my way around town before now." Looking back over his shoulder to the way he came it would be simply enough to just walk home and forget this, though that would just mean an admission of defeat.

Finding a bench to rest on the student spent a short moment to truly take in the surroundings, the trade in the shops, the laughing of patrons and friends and the sounds of footsteps passing by obvious from a glance that this was the kind of place someone visited with company though safe to say he was a bit out of luck in that regard having lived a rather solitary life at some up until this point. Though he had been admitted into the academy Sadao was very much aware his social skills were lacking or at least he personally thought so, flicking the toothpick into a nearby bin.

What should he even do in a place like this? was it a place for someone of his age at all? while these were questions could only be answered through experience taking the first step was always the hardest, even more so when going somewhere without a clear objective in mind, though perhaps taking that thought quite literally would guide him somewhere. Rising to his feet once again and continuing his stroll the boys eyes continued to glide from side to side, looking to see if any of the shops or building peaked his interest in some way or another.

[WC: 325]

Yuki Michiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
D
Michiko skips down the streets of the village, happy to be done with classes for the day. After a long day of lessons, mostly about Genjutsu that day, she was exhausted. This was not her specialty by any means, and she had a lot of trouble trying to wrap her brain around how the jutsu worked. Messing with people's senses just seemed rather rude, and she wasn't really a fan of that. She preferred getting up close and personal, using punches and kicks with the occasional Ninjutsu to fight her opponents. Not that she had much experience fighting, but in her fantasies she was a skilled kunoichi, taking down bad guys and defending Kumo valiantly.

As usual, Michiko made her way down to the Susukino District, where the bustle of the city calmed her nerves. She loved all of the various types of people that could be found, the multitude of methods of entertainment, and just the general excitement in the air. It was almost intoxicating, at least she assumed this is what drinking felt like. A giddy, lightheaded, almost bubbly feeling all over her body that made it feel like she was walking on air. Any time that she was feeling down, a trip down here would lift her spirits and she would greet all the regulars that she had made friends with.

Continuing to skip down the street, avoiding running into anyone, Michiko's eyes go wide as she spots another young person. There weren't often children near her age down here, mostly it was adults seeking pleasure of some sort, so of course she made a direct beeline for the boy. "Ohmygosh HI! What's your name? I'm Yuki Michiko, it's nice to meet you. Are you lost, or did you mean to come down to the entertainment district? There isn't much to do for us, unfortunately, but if you stand outside some of the venues the music is really loud and you can dance on the street while people smile and laugh as they walk by! Everyone down here is generally really nice, especially the drunks. They are so happy once they stumble out of the bars, they are also great conversationalists. They are always more than happy to share all kinds of stories with you, though you have to be careful not to steer them in the wrong direction, otherwise the stories get a little too... mature for my liking." After she finished rambling, Michiko pauses to take a deep breath, staring expectantly at Sadao.

MFT: 416

Shinsetsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
The entertainment district wasn't usually a place that Shinsetsu liked to frequent, usually being more at home with a quiet book under a tree somewhere, and being only a kid, he probably had even less of a reason to be here. With it being the only direct path from the Academy to his rural home, he often had to brave the masses of crowds and drunken idiots wobbling through the streets. The boy kept to himself, his shoulders slightly hunched as he tried to avoid eye contact with his surroundings. Afraid wasn't really the word; he'd spent time in the woods with dangerous wild animals while hunting with his father of course, but even in the city, it was good to carry with you a healthy degree of caution.

All the same, the entertainment district wasn't such a bad place - the young Shinobi loved the energy here, and all the pretty city lights. He certainly had a feeling like he'd be spending a fair bit of time here when he was older, and not just the odd weekend when his parents wanted to take him out to see a movie, or to the library. On his way though, he spotted two other kids he thought he might recognise from today's class on Genjutsu... or one of them at the very least. He wasn't sure of their names, but the girl, rambling away at some poor victim, her voice was definitely familiar. He caught up with them, walking in step as he smiled at the girl.

"Sheesh, let the poor guy breathe. You're going to give him whiplash, hun."

Shirai Sadao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The sudden conversation caused Sadao to almost jump out of his skin, attempting to conceal the high pitched yelp that escaped before taking a moment to breath turning to face Yuki hand over his heart and waving to great them. "Wha- Yes? Hello!" Taking a moment to look over the two it was clear that luck was on his side, running into two of his fellow students. "Shirai Sadao, a pleasure to meet you." He took a moment to regain his composure, clearing his throat and making a rather poor attempt at playing it cool right up until the question of if he meant to be here.

Fidgeting slightly a slight sweat came down his face realising how obvious his predicament was. "I...have no idea where I am to be honest, I thought I would just go for a walk to get used to actually finding my way around the village." His glance shifted to the side in embarrassment. "I never actually considered what I wanted to do once I got here or where I was going." He thought honesty was the best in this situation though the slight cracking in his voice showed he was more than slightly nervous about meeting new people.

His head dropped upon finding out what most people did in this district arms hanging by his sides the boy couldn't help but chuckle. "So safe to say not the place I would really want to be in unless I'm interested in hearing more than a few odd stories about what people get up to in their free time here." caught in conversation he almost forgot to mention what he was snapping his fingers as the thought came forward. "I should mention I am a student at the academy, though I'm new so I haven't taken many classes yet and I'm not quite sure who everyone is." there was a hope they would be fellow students being around his age, taking the dive on finding out couldn't hurt.

[WC: 332]

Sotashi Kani

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kani was walking alone in the district, which she hated to do but when her mother told her to go out and enjoy the day she figured she'd find something to do. She saw some of the other students from her classes and immediately he eyes lit up with excitement. She had met Shinetsu already, but now she had the chance to introduce herself to two new people. One of which, she could already tell had the same energy level as her. She scurried in that direction, but as she got close she attempted to play it cool so that no one would see how overly excited she was. Although it was clear on her face and her bouncing, because hiding it was not something she was going to be able to manage.

"Ummm... Hey Shinsetsu, hey everyone. My name is Kani, I was in the Genjutsu class earlier today, I saw you all and was hoping I could.. tag along?" Her words were soft and bouncing as if in sync with her body. However inside her head was a different story., 'Oh my god.. You seriously just asked to tag along? nothing like inviting yoursefl right? What's next you'll just say your dating someone? Say you'll be a great shinobi? Girl you have to pull it together already'

She smiled as her cheeks grew red from embarrassment, something she had poked Shinsetsu about at the hospital now coming around to bite her. Karma never hesitates to prove to children how their words can come back on them, especially when it involves teasing at this age. Kani had the realization of this and it immediately became far worse as it spread to her ears and across her nose.

[MFT]
[wc 286]

Yuki Michiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
D
Michiko ducked her head as her cheeks flushed when Shinetsu walked up and chided her for speaking too quickly. This was a problem of hers that she knew she needed to work on, she just got so excited! Her only friend, Sumika, had been missing for quite some time. She had been showing up to classes but it appeared she was avoiding Michiko, because she could never seem to sit beside her or catch her after classes were finished. So the idea of meeting other students around her are was just so overwhelming that she couldn't help herself.

"Well, I mean, there's things like the movies and plays that we could go to, if that interests you. But yea, a lot of the businesses down here cater to an older crowd. That's okay though. I totally understand getting lost out here, the village is quite large and some of the districts can be really confusing to navigate. I actually learned my way around because I live down here! Well, not quite down here. But nearby. Anyway. Where were you trying to go? Perhaps we can all head that way together? I don't have many friends, but you all seem really nice, so maybe... we could be friends?" Michiko smiled shyly at the other students, including the new girl who had just run up. She was very outgoing and outspoken, but truthfully, she was a little shy. She wasn't too good at talking to people, because she spews so many words out at one time, it tends to annoy people that she is talking to.

Shinsetsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
No sooner had he started talking to the two did an influx of other students huddle around them, walking alongside. Sheesh, was everyone that hard up for entertaining around here?

"Oh uh, hey Kani," he said a little awkwardly to the girl who had come to visit him in the hospital, and, admittedly, tried to cheer him up with a bunch of flowers. He might've been too awkward to say thank you, but the gesture certainly had not gone unappreciated.

The hyper girl was continuing to hammer away in a rapid patter. Setsu privately wondered how she managed to walk and talk like that without the need of drawing breath.

"Hey, hey, hey," he said, placing a hand on her shoulder in a soothing voice with a friendly smile, "just slow down a little, hun. Take it easy. One thing at a time, huh?"

He wasn't trying to sound condescending or anything, but he was sure her face was about to turn as blue as her hair. Shinsetsu looked around at the other who had joined and felt a little relieved; he could lose himself in this crowd if he needed to. It was good to be alone, but also not to be the center of attention.

"You guys want to get lunch or some such? I'm absolutely wasting away right now."

Sotashi Kani

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kano would smile warmly at the younger girl talking fast. She'd recognize that sort of nervous energy anywhere, it was the same as hers at times. "I think lunch sounds like a great idea, I have some yen and a belly that always needs something in it!" She gave a thumbs up awkwardly to break attention, hopefully that made the other girl feel a bit more comfortable.

She was telling the truth though, she was always hungry. It was honestly amazing how she could put food away and manage to burn it all off in a day. But then again, she was also constantly on the move and constantly running or bouncing in place. She was just happy that for once she was being included in plans and conversation.
[Wc 128]

Shirai Sadao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
it was getting quite overwhelming with all the new arrivals, luckily they seemed to know each other to some degree or another which helped the Shinobi feels slightly less awkward. There was a moment of pause from Sadao as his finger glided across the group. "So Yuki, Kani and..." There was another moment of silence as he hovered over Shinsetsu, realising they hadn't actually said their name luckily Kani's arrival quickly cleared that up. "Shinsetsu, Sorry just want to make sure I remember everyone."

He gave a quick thumbs up at Kani's request, scratching the side of his head. "Well that's just it, I didn't really have a place in mind. I never really went outside growing up so I don't really know what there is to do around the village but hey the more the merrier so they say." At the request of being friends Sadao was somewhat surprised, he had never had any before nor did he have any understanding of what friends did together though the linger thought only lasted a moment as he nodded at her request. "Well, if we are all hanging out together would that already make us friends?"

He spoke with confidence nodding his head to the statement, it made sense to him at least, turning to look down the street in the direction he had been walking. "Do you know somewhere we could go? as you can probably guess I am very little help in that respect but I trust whatever you decide." He was happy to let the others decide where they could go, after all the lad was just content to have someone else to hang around with besides his own thoughts for a change.

Yuki Michiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
D
Michiko flushed an even brighter red as Shinsetsu placed a hand on her shoulder and told her to slow down a bit. She knew that she was speaking fast, she just had a lot to say and wanted to make sure that she got it all out! She was so used to speaking to the drunk adults down here in this district; if you didn't get your point across quickly, you would be talked over and then you would lose your train of thought and whatever you were going to say flew from your mind. She smiled up at him, giving a small nod. "Well, there's all sorts of options down here. Anything that you can think of to eat, I can point you in the direction of a restaurant that serves it."

Michiko wrapped an arm around Shinsetsu's shoulder, her other around Sadao, and winked at Kani. She started to stroll down the street, waiting for someone to suggest what kind of meal sounded good to them. She was never going to let on that she only knew all of the restaurants because she frequently went dumpster diving for leftovers, because what meager money she had went towards finding somewhere to shower and occasionally buy new clothes. No matter, she could easily take another mission to make some extra money after splurging on a meal. Besides, she was making friends! That was the most important thing about this day.

Shinsetsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
"Yeah, I'm Shinsetsu; or just call me Setsu, whatever floats your boat. Uuuhhh, Sadao, right?"

Another wave of rouge was creeping up his pale complexion as he felt Michiko arm suddenly wrap around his shoulder, but he didn't push her away. Even though he didn't know these guys, well, it gave him something of a sense of belonging, and it emboldened him to take a more active role in the group. Yeah, maybe he didn't always have to vanish into the crowd. It was hard to articulate a reason why, but he felt pretty safe around these guys. Restaurant choices weren't a problem for Setsu; he wasn't exactly rich, but his parents had one kid and a double-salary, and usually hunted their own food to save money, rather than taking daily trips to the market.

"Right, here's the plan," Shinsetsu spoke up, surprising himself with how willing he was to lead the charge... he was sure his fathers would be proud, "everyone like fish? Awesome seafood place just down here. As long as no one has any allergies, lunch is on me, okay?"

Maybe it was a move to get people to like him, but if he knew one thing, splashing some cash around was at least a way to get people to pay attention to you long enough for them to decide if they actually liked you or not. One arm around Michiko, and his other arms around Kani, he steered them to a side street where a small seafood joint could be found.

Sotashi Kani

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Seafood, now that was Kani's favorite. "OHHHH YES PLEASE!" she blurted out with excitement. She immediately covered her mouth with a light laugh, "Sorry, I really love seafood. I haven't had any in so long." She would look to Michiko as she winked and her cheeks would turn rose, before quickly returning to the topic at hand. "So is this place affordable? Is that why you're offering because I did bring Yen, I work at my mom's place." She rambled on trying to convince Setsu as she didn't like having others pay for her and was fairly sure she would end up needing, by her own right not because he'd ask, to get him something in return.

Shirai Sadao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Taken aback slightly with sudden arm around the shoulder Sadao just went with the flow, not having a moment to speak before being moved down the street before turning to Shinsetsu with a nod. "Seafood is fine by me, think I tried it once before when I was younger but if you need a hand with covering the costs I don't have much but it could help." It wasn't that he didn't appreciate the offer to cover for them, more he wanted to do his part for the group.

Tilting his head to Yuki for a moment there was a slight chuckle from the lad as he made a point. "While your bold motion to take us on is charming, I think we're going to need Shinsetsu to lead the way to the place he has in mind." He couldn't help but jest to the Kunoichi, finding her rather energetic motions to make for a rather present atmosphere only emphasised further by Kani's outburst turning his attention to her upon the burst of excitement. "I assumed so from that burst of energy, maybe you can give a few recommendations once we get there? Personally I don't know much about what tastes good and what doesn't."

As they walked he continued to watch the crowds go by, finally starting to get some level of understanding on what made evenings with company like this so pleasant, a rather honest smile making its way onto his features he was struggling to hide.

Yuki Michiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
D
Michiko paled at the mention of seafood. The few times that she had managed to get her hands on any, it had already rotted, so her experience with the cuisine was definitely not a pleasant one. She quickly plastered a smile on her face, however, and nodded for Setsu to lead the way. "I can't remember the last time that I had some really good seafood, so sure! Lead the way, we'll follow you. As for paying for everything, you really don't have to. I've been taking a few missions around town so I have some extra money, I can pitch in too!"

Secretly, she hoped that she wouldn't have to separate with the little money that she had in her pocket. She was saving up for a new pair of shoes, as hers were beginning to fall apart. But, if she had to pitch in to make some new friends, she would happily do so and find some way to repair her shoes later. This was more important than being slightly uncomfortable for a few more weeks. Turning her smile on Sadao, she ducked her head slightly as color rushed up her cheeks. "You're not wrong! It probably is best that Shinsetsu take the lead on this, because sadly seafood is the one area in which my expertise is lacking. So I'm not sure that I'll be able to give many recommendations this time around, but if you find yourself down this way again, I'll take you out for some delicious fried chicken or even some ramen! There are a bunch of wonderful little restaurants off the beaten path that people tend to miss, those are often times the ones with the best food!"

Shinsetsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
"No, no, really, guys, it's all on me, today," he insisted, a warm, friendly smile on his face as he ushered them all into a restaurant where they were immediately seated around a large, circular table, without having to wait. Shinsetsu was glad most of them were super happy about it, particularly Kani who had screamed in delight. Once again, he shooed Sadao's and Michiko's offer to pitch in, shaking his head and insisting he took the full cost upon himself. His biggest concern though, was Michiko, at the moment. Although she always seemed full of beans and some kind of unbridled chaotic energy, she did have that kind of haggard look he'd seen on a lot of the local street kids... which made him wonder if she counted herself among them...

"One of my dads, he's a hunter and fisherman, so he gives this place a lot of its stock, so they're always happy to see us when we come here," the boy said, immediately proven correct when the waiter came over and cuffed him cheerfully on his back, bringing a free round of Miso Soup for the table, and the proceeding to ask for their orders. For Setsu, it was just a round of salmon Maki. He looked around the table, curious what his guests would select. When all was said and done, he looked among his company, just like he was happy to see them there, feeling like he was not only meeting friends himself, but by holding court here, he was bringing other people together.

"So what are y'all hoping to do after the Academy?"

Sotashi Kani

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kani smiled brightly at the concept, it made her wonder if she got any of her meat from his father. Being that her mother owned a barbeque spot, it wan't an impossible concept for them to have been in conection and never known. "Okay well if you insist, I'll cover the next time then." She let out another small laugh as they began to walk in the direction of the restaurant, dreams of Dashi in her mind and crab cakes floating in her mind. Her dizzy lost state was quickly changed as he asked the question about what their plans were for being shinobi.

Kani had never thought about the paths available to her or what she might be good at in the Shinobi world. "I guess, missions? I don't know I never really thought about what there is.. no one told me about the branches or anything so I just.. Main branch? I don't know."

Shirai Sadao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tilting his head to the side for a moment he leaned forward to get a look at Yuki's face as she went pale, somewhat curious as to why. "You feeling ok there Yuki? Not sick or anything I hope it would be a shame if you couldn't come with us." The moment quickly passed and she seemed fine but it felt like a good friend would at least ask. "At least I'm not the only one who hasn't had any recently, though even if you have had seafood before there is so much verity I think it would be hard not to find something you've never had before."

There was a moment of thought as she mentioned the other place they could go, taking a moment to ponder the smile on his face growing wider. "Well then I'll take you up on that, maybe next time it'll be me buying for us." It was a pleasant thought, though he was still young and didn't have as much money as his peers most likely did there was hope that as time passed such a thing would be far easier than it was now. "Thank you Shinsetsu, I feel like such hospitality is an admirable trait."

Stepping into the restaurant with the group and looking around it was already something he wasn't used it, most meals were had at home depending on what his parents decided on the day, perhaps this is what they meant by experience new things, or perhaps it was something further down the line only time would tell. Taking a seat and nodding in understanding to Shinsetsu, watching the waiter come over as the soup was placed before them. "Well that's certainly lucky, truly hope I can return the favour some day."

The question was a hard one for Sadao, his face buried in the menu he went rather quiet for a time. "I wish I could say, I was signed up by my parents to 'break my out of my shell' so to speak, in terms of classes I've barely started so I'm honestly not sure where I want to end up, it would be nice to be able to help people at last." He got quieter and quieter as he explained feeling somewhat embarrassed to admit that he had no real goal in mind in that moment in time.

It became quite clear shortly after however that this was not the only thing he was embarrassed about his face having been buried in the menu for quite some time at this point as almost a whisper called out to the group from a now quiet red Sadao. "I don't know what most of this is...Can I have some help choosing?"

Yuki Michiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
D
Michiko was grateful when Shinsetsu waved off her offer to help pay, but then her stomach dropped once more when Sadao and Kani both said that they would buy the next time that the group got together. She wouldn't be able to pay for everyone by simply going out and catching a few cats. Clearly she would have to spend all of her free time taking harder missions so that she could afford to pay for an outing with her new friends. "Well, don't count me out! I'll have to take you all out sometime and pay for you all as well! Can't let you all get a leg up on me!" She laughed off her nerves as they neared the restaurant, turning to respond to Sadao before stepping inside. "Oh, I'm fine! Not sick or anything, just remembered that I have some homework to do later after we eat. I would have been in a lot of trouble if I forgot to do it."

The group was quickly greeted, seated, and provided with a bowl of Miso Soup. Michiko quickly covered her stomach as it let out a low grumble, since she hadn't yet eaten that day and the smells from the restaurant were overtaking her senses. She took a few small sips of soup while perusing the menu, trying to figure out what, exactly, she should order. She could play it safe and go with the same thing Shinsetsu had ordered, or she could take a chance on something else. In the end, she settled on the salmon Maki as well, figuring that if someone like Setsu thought it was good, it had to be. Especially given that one of his fathers provided the restaurant with its stock.

"I haven't really thought that far ahead yet... I know I don't want to go into the Medical Branch. Blood makes me squeamish and the thought of seeing people hurt all the time, well, it makes my heart ache. I would much rather just be able to protect the village and everyone here, maybe doing guard duty at the gates or something simple like that? Being a teacher could always be fun too!" She glanced over at Sadao, who was shyly asking for help in deciding what to order, and felt bad for the other boy. She wasn't really sure what anything on the menu was, either, so she would be no help.

Shinsetsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
Shinsetsu seemed pretty interested by the different thoughts and opinions on where they all wanted to go in life; some were more sure than others, some just seemed to want to go with the flow, like Kani. Sadao seemed to him like an interesting case, and the black-haired boy give him a curious gaze, like he was reserving judgement on him, wondering whether he'd make a good ally, and if he was going to be a particularly high flier. Michiko seemed more sure of what she didn't want to do, and that, too, was intriguing. No medicine, hm? He, himself, couldn't imagine doing anything else. Reaching over to the menu, he helped Sadao pick out something to order, as he seemed to be struggling.

"Oh really? Not good with blood? I uh, I go out hunting with my dads a lot, and so we always get a lot of scuffs and scrapes, even nastier injuries, so we have to learn to patch ourselves up a lot. Honestly, as weird as it sounds, I don't know when I'm happier, when there's lots of blood around," Shinsetsu stopped himself, seeming to realise how much of a psychopath this made him sound, and he clumsily scrambled to rephrase, "uh... that sounded better in my head. No, no, w-what I meant was... when there's people who're badly hurt, when you're able to take that pain away from them, and slowly get them back up on their feet... I don't know, for me, there's just no better feeling. If I could get paid to do that, that'd be even better. So yeah, hopefully I can get my foot in the door with Med Branch."

Once again, Shinsetsu found his eyes drifting toward Sadao, who he couldn't help but admire for his eloquence, and a kind of loping grace in his face. In every sense of the word, he felt as though he were talking to a kindred spirit - someone who was kind of bookish and loved theory, but the idea of being a frontline soldier was slightly terrifying. When food finally arrived, he took a carefully measured sip of his soup and pondered what the others had told him about themselves.

Sotashi Kani

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kani looked down at her food and her eyes went wide with excitement, she was clearly far too ready to dig in. However before she did she went to say something to Shinsetsu, she saw his eyes focused elsewhere and the warmth on his face. She opted to keep her thoughts to herself and just softly grin, stirring her food and eating slowly. "You know," she said with her mouth full covered by her hand, "We should do this more often, you guys are pretty cool".

She would focus mostly on the food unless addressed as she was clearly just content being involved. She smiled and nodded along as they all spoke, watching mannerisms, and learning about her friends, well those she'd hope would be her friends. She was happy to soak in this moment and hold onto it as long as she could, who knew what their futures would hold but for now, in this moment, she was happy.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back