Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Mission i want ...to get to know you

Komorebi Rin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
How little they had changed for the short time they've known each other, yet how much their environment had changed around them. They all had their reasons - they had their vices and their virtues - and they all chose to embark into this unknown just for a chance of something different. Something greater. Something new. ... Something freeing. They knew very little of what their future held, nor even what those around them did, but they had made this choice. They were here with each other: for whatever this "each other" had in store. Nothing they were doing now was decided for them. How did it feel, the beasts of all beasts, now the masters of themselves? What was it like, fetterless and directionless, but knowing you held your purpose in own hand?

Nanaka had no words for the feeling. Truly, since the minutes turning hours as they walked in their trepidation away from Sunagakure, they hadn't been able to strike up so much as a friendly conversation. It was fair to assume they were each basking in the glory of this freedom, and, perhaps, coming to terms with what it truly meant now that they were out on their own supervision. There was little in the way that speech could give air to that experience. It simply had to be lived.

She strode the lead after a time, though they all took turns bounding out in front for sight and thought. It was her mission, after all - she was the leader - but that didn't seem necessary to overstate. Neither Akizuki Shiki nor Hojirozame were really here for the mission. ... Unlikely was she, though it was equally exciting to be 'on a case' as it were. What mattered was that they had little in the ability to split up now; they had an assignment from their state they needed to complete, and they had months to enjoy it before any further considerations need made. What they did from here was their call. Her call, but, their call. She reasoned she could easily complete this alone, but she wasn't eager to get them out of her sight.

Animals tended towards packs.

"... So, Hojirozame, my darling. How did you come to know your ... Shraniki?" She wasn't letting him off that easily, and it was about time they made plans before nightfall.

Hojirozame Samezuka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
☆☆☆☆
One thing that'd he come to notice was that his stamina had certainly increased, throughout all the life threatening situations he'd been thrown in, just traversing around was no problem at all. It was rare that he got a break on missions so without really doing anything he just was kind of left to taking in the scenery around him. Scratching his head he had no clue what to say to Shraniki and Nanaka whilst he'd thought about introducing the two he'd never have guessed they would have known each other already. He had no clue about their friendships or dynamic or anything, he barely had a clue how friendships with one person worked at a time. There was a lot spinning around in his head so he kind of just kept his his head on the ground for most the time as the sun beat down on his back.

Although despite Fuku's irregular chirps it was a little quiet, their footsteps all were conjoined and together, they were a pack of sorts. He just hoped that something would happen soon enough, he found in everything that the start was always the hardest. And when her soft voice came through his ears he would smile and practically rush to reply as if it was word vomit spewing from out of his maw. "Ah wrell! Nahnahka if Shraniki hasn't trold yoou i wrill!" Giving a flickering glance to Shiki as if to confirm, despite actually giving him the chance to his head would dart back to Nanaka before continuing.

His energy was bounding like a machine that's just been switched to overdriv and he would begin telling the story in very dramatic fashion. "Wrell! Me and fuku were wralking around when Shraniki stropped us! And then... urhmmm... oh yreah! And thren I discovered that he is my brother! My Shraniki! I thrink it is because of his drog ears... maybe.... Brut bruutt....!!" Hoji would giggle before looking at Fuku, he knew that the two were kind of just acquaintances rather than friends but it used to be a lot worse. "Fuku... didn't lrike Shraniki thrat mruch! Srooo... Shraniki got us frood! And I love frood! But urhm... Fuku still wranted to sree more! So...." Hoji would stop walking completely and stand still before getting in to the exactly same feral and tall position that he'd once see Shiki do, baring his fangs and everything in his best attempt to mimic him. "Shraniki did thris and shrowed us all his mright! It was super crool and and! I wras lrike!" Hoji would get down on his knees and slap each of his palms on either of his cheeks with a completely shocked expression. "Wooooaaaaah!!! So crool!!" Before clapping in the direction of Shiki.

"And nrow we are all brothers!!" One thing was for sure, he was feeling a lot more bubbly!

Shikabane Ryo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
Was the world always this bright?

Was my body always this light?

Everything feels so surreal. The shackles that weighed so heavily on him all those years, the dark void he had hidden away in while masquerading as a king who was simply above it all. The crown atop his head feels more akin to a jester's hat. There's a certain sanctuary you can find within yourself by pretending to be something you're not... but somewhere along the way you lose yourself. Who is Akizuki Shiki? He's not the scared little bastard boy forced to serve his family against his will and he's not the imaginary absolute monarch he created. Akizuki Shiki was something new. He had finally obtained the power he so desperately sought as a child in his bloodstained rebellion, breaking his chains and carving a path to this journey. The company he finds himself with have only ever met him. The fraud. Shiki kept to himself as they travelled, not even a snide remark to pass the time with the shifting scenery. The truth is he wasn't sure what his voice sounded like anymore.

Ah, yes. Of course the stray would poke and prod. The curious cat slinking through dark alleys, sifting trough the muck for the mere possibility of a thrill. Shiki understood this question was coming and to his surprise... he didn't really care. He was curious himself, you see. How would Hoji describe their meeting? Even the king found him precious. Shiki was rather captivated with the performance, allowing himself the pleasure of seeing the novice thespian mirror his behavior. There really wasn't an impure bone in Hoji's body - a bright soul that blessed our adventure. He was really getting into it, too. A rather convincing portrayal that certainly captured his majesty in all his glorious petulance. Shiki is beside himself, chuckling openly as he claps, teeth bared not for biting, but a hearty smile. "Bravo~ Bravo~!" Shiki leaps forward to accompany his brother to center stage. "Come, come, Hoji. You have to bow for the audience like this." He nudges the boy with his elbow, taking a deep bow with a tip of his crown. "A rather accurate and if I do say, phenomenal retelling, brother. Hoji is quite like a knight, no? Well I thought so anyway." He would continue along on their path, the pressure lifted a bit by the cheerful, pure-hearted shark.

"Say, brother. How did you meet Nanaka, hmm? We got our meeting out in the open, so what do you say we get a little encore?" Shiki peers over to the feline, eyes swirling with a curiosity that would mirror hers and a wry smile concealed behind a propped up hand. He did still enjoy teasing the cat. A bit of friendly banter.

Komorebi Rin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
What was joy supposed to feel like?

Comfort? How did you know when you felt it? If you understood a concept, could you extrapolate its sense as if recalling a forgotten memory? It had to be like breaking your arm, right? With your focus just right - precise - would you remember the pain of bone splintered with flesh? If she looked close enough at the snake and weave of her veins as they pulsed still through her arm, held up to the light, could she imagine the pain enough to make it real? Is that how you felt joy?

She knew what it meant for her to be happy. She'd been happy before. She thought back --

... She thought back --

... She thought back,

and she recalled only that time in her mock web, crumpled together with Hojirozame, laughing and stricken and coursing with adrenaline from their misadventure. Purity. Authenticism. Is ... is that what happiness was? She wasn't happy, then. She hadn't felt happy for leaving, or since they left - around her, they seemed so lifted, so happy, and she realized she wasn't happy: she was released.

What did that mean?

... What was that supposed to feel like? How did she act like them?

She watched Hojirozame, in all of his telltale earnesty and excitement - in that spark of innocence he wielded with zealotry as light itself, enough to brighten even her shaded sight - and she wavered. She stalled in place, stopping in their midst and staring. Just staring. Even her smile remained frozen in place, unbroken only for the hilarity this must be causing. "Oh." It wasn't like the cat to be lost for words. "I see." They were said to say something, and Hoji wasn't yet done with his demonstration; he had brought in play acting. Oh, joy.

He seemed so very glowing. He was animated, boisterous. She looked over to the side before further interruption, scanning Shiki's face for the embarrassment and startle she was hoping to find - and, failing, and miserably at that. Unbothered. Unbroken, himself. "I suppose the young lord does somewhat resemble a dog." An incurious thought, that. Adding pressure back to the sea to keep it where Hoji broke water.

There was another crack to join along the reflection she had worn when Akizuki Shiki joined the shark and the two synchronized this dance of foolishness. Hojirozame's theatre hadn't been enough for the toy mutt? She had ... she had gotten him, hadn't she? Yet, now, they had taken the performance from her. Who was Akizuki Shiki to glow as bright as the fonding little creature? How did he so carelessly lapse into his mirth? He had so much as touched the hybrid. Who would do that? The lordling, of all blighted figures? Had his little escapade back in Suna damaged his brain so severely that he would willingly give up their pomp and their circumstance and leave her on the other side of this dying grass --

And he would tease, as he would, and inquire as to the cat and the fish and the splash they made. She thought back to that flint of 'happiness', as brief and shocking as it was, and she whipped her head in their direction. She hadn't moved to join them yet, as stunned and concentrated as she had become. Here, kitty kitty. She would bow back, practiced, to grace them for their performance, and her clap that followed was nothing more than a round of golf applause. Gods, this wasn't good. Her chest hurt. Her heart shriveled into itself until the pain only intensified. Nanaka. Her teeth ached, piercing at her gums as if they could grow and grow and devour her whole with them, and she thought back to the broken arm theory, and she wondered if she could imagine a pain so great she'd die on the spot --

"You're well-acquainted, then, are you? That makes this mission all the easier. It's gratifying to be with a band of - dare I say - kin, who can already put their trust in each other." Say fucking anything. "Indeed, it makes my job as team leader all the easier. I won't have to worry after the two of you, will I? That said, Hojirozame." And her fingers had twisted down her side, flowing in one-handed seals against her hip until the air on their horizon shimmered and offered a new image she could direct him to: an oasis in the dessert, beckoning blue. "Is that water over there? Fortuitous! Would you like to check it out? You must feel away from home."

A rosary like smile and the fanged prayer it offered. "Then we can get to the point of our little adventure."

Hojirozame Samezuka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
☆☆☆☆
Ah! He'd never felt so alive when not in the heat of a life or death brawl and to be met with a round of applause only helped to bolster his adrenaline, quickly met with the wise words and advice of his older brother Hoji would waste no time with following suit. "Okray Is this how to brow?" Trying his very hardest to mimic Shiki's movements once again a wide smile was pulled across his face, tipping an imaginary crown as he looked over at the other three as if checking for approval. Finally starting to feel as if the choice he made wasn't a rash or unthoughtful one he knew that he was surrounded by great friends! "Yreah! Lrike a super knright! .... Wait whrat do knrights do?!" Coming up from his less than delicate bow he'd pump his fist in to the air in a sense of victory or something of the like, Fuku even despite his more colder exterior couldn't help but let a smile shine on his face nuzzling his head on to Hoji's back with a chirp to say. 'Great Job little bro!'

Although his eyes would dart towards Nanaka who seemed to be also happy, at least to his beady eyes. He felt compelled to agree with the optimistic future that was shining ever so brightly for the group. Like a bundle of electricity he'd just up and down around the three whilst sharing his own viewpoint. "Trotally! We are srooo crool gruys! And... and... We are gronna hrang out lrots and lrots! Go on adventures... and and...!" Although his excitement was brought to a halt by two questions his first being one of his dear older brothers. And almost as if it was in unison, seconds after his treasured friend Nanaka! To full of adrenaline to remember the two's sacred promise. "Oh me and Nahnahka wrell yoou se- SEAAA!!" Like a small ocean a beautiful image would spark through his senses, finally a long awaited and well deserved break for this young shark. Giddily he'd run with arms flailing in the air in the direction that this blessing of water had been so kindly gifted by Mother Suna. "A ranger lrike me hras grotten so lucky!! Thrank yoou!!" What he imagined to be a swan dive in to a bathing blue may have looked shockingly different to outsiders. On his tongue the water certainly was crispy! That meant it was good, right?

Fuku watching with a questionable stare, he wasn't quite acquainted with Nanaka like Hoji was, turning to his supposed brother he'd place his long tail on Shiki's shoulder before screeching at him only uttering out a small chirp at the end. Obviously translating to,
'What the hell is he doing? Dummy...'

Shikabane Ryo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
A quick glimpse to the stray - a button to potentially press if he so desired. But did he? He was unsure if the masquerade was even necessary given the renaissance born of revolution. The bilge king and the cat who inhabited the grimy alleys that he claimed dominion over would have never become this otherwise. What even was this? A kinship born of pure duplicity in the common need for charade? It was fun regardless of circumstance and not something that Shiki was willing to discard. His newly awakened eyes stir and flash, bright and scarlet to observe far better than he was capable of before that night. It was amusing watching her deflect and distract the pure-hearted shark with a base illusion, a sly smirk creasing his face as he turned to the fluttering bat. "It would appear that the heat is getting to our brother a fair bit... Perhaps, it would be best if we took a little break then, yes? Discuss our mission?" A lie in service to the status quo. Shiki would not press the issue, simply smirking with his eyes gleaming at Nana as he approaches, taking her chin in the palm of his hand, scratching ever so gently as if to coax a purr. "I defer all leadership to our majestic queen."

A toothy grin, as feral and taunting as ever, embracing and filling into his previous role like a glove. All Shiki needed was a spark. The tiniest, stimulation to recall his role in this almost avowed charade. Shiki understand this can't be who he is. The awareness that everything he has done for so long was pure imagination to a delusional degree. But for now, there was a comfort in whatever bonds he made and that felt worth pretending for. For whatever reason these two were drawn to the regal persona he'd created and he would adorn this crown regardless of how fractured its become.

"Come, Hoji. That's enough playing in the water. I'm rather curious at what the stray has planned~"

Komorebi Rin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
And how strange that moment passed: a cat, twisting and conniving, shadowed beneath the lighting moons of Hojirozame and Shiki in their shared rotation. Shiki's contemplation and his concession to return to the theater of it all - the dramatics she danced so fairly in, slipping once more between the beams of spotlight - and Hoji's pure jubilation, so untroubled like --

Ah, like -- and she felt it now, again. Heard it. Saw it, really, as much as she could ever see that misshapen vision that took place in her recesses, taunting her with a voice her own splintered in accusatory tone. Guilty? It flashed a wicked smile between shards of glass. She, in the span of that second as Hoji threw himself into her casting and Shiki wandered back to her with his teasing tone, felt so hollowed - not hallowed - within a thought palace of oblong mirrors. And they laughed at the pinprick in her heart while sand spilled from the shark's maw, his pleasant laughter ringing in echoed corridor until her voices drowned them out. Voices, but not truly - all hers, her, coming back around to remind her of her place. Hhhhaaa.

My bad.

She shook off the stabbed sensation to twist her hand back the other way in a catch of Shiki and a graceful dip, his scratch of her chin met with a fleeting dance and the dispelling of her Genjutsu. "Hojirozame, my darling, I believe we were mistaken. A trick of the desert light. Please do spit that out, and I promise to find you true satiation." It was all delivered in a sing-song lull, only natural, but she had a tense muscle in her lower jaw from watching him slip so easily into the 'trick.' She would have to recalculate how she handled the -- her -- him. It wasn't fun if it was easy. ... Yeah, that worked. "As for you." Oh, could she bite back? It was a gnashing of teeth at the air, a lecherous snap playing accusation. A hair breadth away - and her breath on his skin, scathing. "My lord."

She uncoiled and took her bow, confirming Hoji's return to their group and the previous topic left succintly forgotten. "I wanted to thank you both for joining me on this mission. I know it couldn't have been easy to leave fair Sunagakure behind." A mocking ghost beneath the tan of her smile. "In my capacity of ... oh, what was it, young master? Majestic Queen? Very well. As your Queen of Hearts, I will bring you just that."

A snort. It wasn't quite derisive. "Truly. There's some nasty business about with organ harvesting of rare bloodline traits. I have been dutifully tasked by my auspicious family name to root out this infection and excise it. We'll be picking at straws, but I already have the needle. All we need to do is find where to press it."

She glanced over them both, briefly thoughtful - running herself through the numbers until they crunched under her fanged grasp. "All three of us retain certain bloodline abilities, do we not? C'est magnifique. I have a plan. All we need is a little more information. Our first stop is the Land of Fire."

"Any objections, my fair knights?"

Hojirozame Samezuka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
☆☆☆☆
Enjoying the water his face would drop to a shocked horror when it would all dissipate in front of him and he would get a horrible feeling inside of his mouth as he spat out what was very clearly sand, shaking his head in disbelief his body flickered around in confusion before his brother came to his aid. Stumbling upwards and shaking the sand off of him, it wasn't hard to see he had some small tears rolling down his face, embarrassing himself in front of all his friends and even worse the refreshing feeling quickly turned back in to the scorching sandy expanse in the blink of an eye. "Wh- whra... brut... brut I could hrave sworn..." As he followed his older sibling back to the group his head hung low for a moment, he didn't want to be a burden.

It was only the gentle words of Nanaka that sparked a light back in to his buzzing brain, wiping the rest of the sand of off his mouth as he affirmed the promise she had made. "R-really! Okray!" And like clockwork his beaming smile returned as he clenched his fists in excitement and with a small hop he was back to his normal self, it'd take a lot more than some silly sand to keep him down, but despite not knowing much, Hoji's memory wasn't something to scoff that.

Bowing in response to Nanaka he nodded along smiling widely at certain moments to show his willingness to be here in support of his friends, Fuku would simply stand behind him not muttering much but it was clear the Samezuka's were on the same wavelength, more or less. Whatever makes them happy! Whatever makes Hoji happy. At the mention of bloodline abilities Hoji's body, fist first would shoot upwards with excitement as he was bursting to speak. "Yreah! Me, Fuku and Shraniki are Samezukas! We are great at frighting in pracks! And traking down brad guys! I thrink... but urhm.. Nahnahka... I dron't really like urhh fire. It burns! Why are wre groing somewhere writh fire!?! Wron't everyone be burnt?"

Shikabane Ryo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
It was impossible for the unfettered purity of the shark to not have a effect on you that could only be called baptism. Something about him took the bite out of you. Maybe it was because he was so simpleminded and loyal, never distrustful of the intentions or integrity of his companions. The guilt of his company weighted heavy on Shiki, but greedy as a king should be, he decided he would bite his own tongue and play along with the charade for as long as he could. Cherish it. It was an urge that he'd never felt before in the loneliness of his own shadow. The ragtag group that they had formed was salvation.

"No, no, Hoji... It's.. How do I explain? Hmm.." Shiki chuckles , rubbing at his brow at the silly exclamation. "It's like how right now we're in the Land of Wind. It's just the name of the country, yes? And while there is in fact wind here, I can assure you that there will be no fire to harm you." He did not feel the need to correct the shark about their relation as Samezukas - the brotherly bond Shiki wished to cultivate did not require blood and he doubted the boy would understand now regardless.

"That said.. No, I see no reason to object. I trust in your judgment wholeheartedly. I believe in my queen to make this a fun little venture~" Shiki crosses his arms, gesturing his wrist with a flick as he stared at Nana with toothy grin. "Ah yes, I guess you could say I've gained new power since our last outing together." The swirl of the abyss in a pool of crimson flashes into his eyes, a spectacle reserved for the Queen of Hearts. Shiki trusted she would put the pieces together if she hadn't already. Was it trust, or the anticipation of fangs and claws digging tearing into his flesh that led him to behave so uninhibited with her? Jumping from a rooftop straight into the spider's web to just see how she would react, and oh, how he glared with curiosity at her every movement.

"I look forward to the fun we'll have together." Shiki bows, hand atop his jester crown.

The world is his stage.

Komorebi Rin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
The breath from her lips burned like the bottom layer of Hell - an exhalation frosty with its devil's tongue, hazing the air where she sighs. She watched Shiki through lidded eyes, opalescence in the meet between dead violet and crimson in its smoldering pan. Someone had to bring the matches to these autumn trees. She lanks. Slithers out of his grasp, tip of her finger trailing just under his chin with a flick that couldn't so move the king's throne: oh, but it left its mark. She'd carve anything but a heart into that pretty face. Vision on her never focused - never straight - too many points to watch, a predator of concern. Would you miss her fangs? They glint in desert sun. Her eyes? They could swallow you as much as any maw.

Don't drown yourself before she gets the chance. "It is as your brother speaks, sweet boy." Her tone got too thin for the razor's edge until it lacked any edge at all, falling between them - inside a thread. What did that to her? Her eyes shifted to Hojirozame in his innocence-- and again, she ached, receding to the comfort of the Queen's chambers - only to lose her footing in the wheel of tomoe. Tch. That made sense, didn't it? She would nod to Akizuki Shiki with a smile that disappeared in the slant of the light falling over her, taking two short steps back as if to address both: not to make space, of course. What angles did you need when you dance on the sharpest of them? "The Land of Fire is just a title. Have you heard of the Leaf Village? I suppose you don't need to know more than to follow after me. I thought we might pull some roots ... see what we can dig up, yes?" A quirk of her lips. She felt something in her chest she could only identify as hunger - looking back in Shiki's eyes while speaking to Hojirozame. Forcing herself to meet them. "There's a secret under every rock. I won't miss them."

Then she shifted like a cut in editing, moving toward Hoji to pause late, in front of him - and so close she got, surverying the rivulets of sand and shame that dirtied his face. Her hand lifted, gentle yet firm in the press of her thumb to blemish, and cleaned him slow as if he was being groomed. The way her lips parted and her digits roamed closer to his jibbering birthed a consideration: a kiss? It was a waterskin she lifted to his lips, instead, saying 'aaah' to lead him suit without speaking her intentions, and she made sure the sand was washed away and he had a chance to drink.

"Besides, flame or otherwise,"
and there was a slope to her shadow if you could see her from the back, tapping Hoji's cheek before her strings tightened and drew her back. "Nothing will harm you with us here."

"That's why we're a team, isn't it?"
A grin so wicked could only look so tired.

"And thus we march. Come, darlings. This is no place to linger. Let's find a more suitable campsite as we close on the border. Any last questions?"

Komorebi Rin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
And so, we wander. We feel. We experience. We learn. We try to find a place for ourselves, and for the time, we end up settling. There's little we can do in our current states - but there's so much more we don't need to, as long as we find this comfort. We'll have a place, someday. For now, we have each other. You can stop by and say hello any time you wish.

All you have to do to keep a history alive is to remember.

[ leaving on inactivity
retiring ]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back