Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

I Wrote Dis (Private)

Kairyuu

Supreme Leader Bone #9513
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
His last visit to this tower was less than pleasant, an encounter he did not wish to repeat. Hoshikata wore his finest black robes, with the gold runes in silver trim, and his staff tapped the floor as he carried it along. The day was just starting, the sun a quarter up the horizon and the heat coming from it just now warming the streets to something tolerable. He had good reason to be here, as in one hand was a book on the renegade Enishi, a book that spanned all of one page and simply said 'he is a very bad man.' Hoshikata had written it in the night before. It was more informative than anything else he'd found in the library so far.

He steps up to the receptionist's desk and clears his throat, before announcing he was here to see the Raikage.

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
hitomi_resize.png

Hitomi ~ Private Secretary and Head of Logistics​
Hitomi raised her head up peering at the silvery hair man through her large circular glasses. She knew who he was and why he was here yet she felt disturbed by his demeanor and presence. She did not understand how the raikage could tolerate such slime. The young woman held her tongue as she gave a generous smile.

"Yes, I will alert the raikage. If you don't mind waiting in the lobby." She said as her fingers reach for ear as she activated her headset. The lightly blue fingernails glisten in the fluorescent lighting as she reached for clipboard on the side of her desk. "Please fill out the notebook so we know when you arrived. There is a lobby area at the front." She said as covered toward where there several connecting sofas and love seats covered in turquoise carpeting that matched the soothing exterior of the building. "And please don't break anything else...." She said as he walked over.

It only was a few minutes before the raikage arrived wearing his notorious kage robes. The heavy cloak suited for the cold weather of cloud wrapped around his body like a large medical robe. However, the designs painted on his cloak were enticing but simple. On the rim of the cloak were balloon shaped clouds colored in dark gray and on the back were two wide slips that showed Shin's coated legs. He quietly walked over to the receptionist desk to pass a few words to Hitomi before walking over to the lounge.

"Hoshikata. I am assuming you are returning for more information if I am not mistaken." Shin said

Kairyuu

Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Hoshikata takes the form, and a pen, and moves to the lounge to fill out the paperwork he was given. As he walks off, he catches the comment on not breaking anything else and simply smiles and shakes his head. ”I will do my best, assuming that red-haired fool does not anger me such again.” With those words, he heads to the lounge and takes a seat, the pen filling in his name, time of visit. For reason he would simply write the word 'reasons'. There were a good few for this visit, not merely for information on the man Enishi. Setting the clipboard aside, the former Mizukage sits and takes in his surroundings, his mind whirling with thoughts of what he would say to this man once he shows.

At least he's dressed for the part.

The first though of the Seer on seeing Shin, as he rises and gives a chuckle to the words. ”Among other things. I think it best we speak in your office, alone. My words are not for the ears in the walls to hear.” It was a risky request, so he would offer some compensation, holding out his staff to the other. ”As a sign of good faith on my part, I am willing to allow the confiscation of my staff until I return.” If Shin would allow him entry to the office, then together would they move.

Only after and if they enter said office would Hoshikata give a deep sigh, and set down the book for the other. ”I can find no information on the man known as Enishi except that which is, obviously, censored drivel. I am not a man who rushes off after a target with hope, I prefer to learn all I may. I learn people, as I'm sure you've guessed by now. I learn how they think, how they act, how they learn. I learn of them so I may determine how best to deal with them.”

“To hunt down this man, I must know more about him. His motivations, for no man truly does evil thinking he is doing evil. I must know his haunts, his favored spots, where he has been found hiding before and working out of. I must know how he thinks, what skills he might possess. In short, I must know him, and I cannot do that with the lack of information your village has available.”

Those golden eyes would move to Shin's now as he speaks on further. ”In addition, I have been given reason to desire to see this village flourish. It is a personal reason, but one I hold very seriously. I know you do not trust me. I know you have no reason to. I would give you reason, but first I would give unadulterated advice, as a former leader to a current one. When last I was in this building, one of your subordinates openly questioned you in front of what could have been an enemy of your state. He threatened a man who claimed innocence, and begged for the idea of guilty until proven otherwise. I do not know who he was, or what his position might be, but I do know that having such people under you weakens your own authority.”

He knew what words to say next, even as he knew Shin would likely not heed them. ”Being a leader of a nation requires that, at least openly, you are supported by the people under you. Having such a man under you that openly questions you, disagreed with your orders, and outright threatens to ignore them, not only weakens your power as a leader, it leads to others questioning you also. Make no mistake about it, your personal desires for peace aside you are leading a village of warriors. You can not do that if they lack faith in your abilities. You will fail eventually. I'm going to merely suggest, right here and now, that you make sure those under you understand that while in private they might voice concerns, when not in private they should show support for their leader so that people like me, who are astute, would not see a chink in the armor of this village to exploit.”

“The final matter would be only to your benefit. I have met Do Natsu on his visit to Mist, and he was a rather shrewd diplomat, and I have little doubt he held much the same rank here as I used to there. I would like to meet with him, or whoever holds said rank, to apprise them of what little I do know of the leadership of Sunagakure. Knowledge is power, and I offer this freely.”

With those words said, he waits for a response.

Assuming, of course, Shin let him into the office alone. Otherwise Hoshikata would simply be in the lounge still, holding a book that says only “Enishi is a very bad man” and frowning.

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"I see.." Shin said as his dark gray eyes peered at the man through his tinted glasses. There was no sense of deceit that Shin could identify as he gazed at the man. He could very well be leading Shin to a trap at the towers and Shin would have a very hard time escaping. Why did he not address his concerns during his first meeting.

"That will not be necessary, Hoshikata-san." Hitomi said across the room. "I have already fashioned a room before you arrived for you and the raikage to speak in private right down the hall. There are sound absorption walls but the raikage's communication relay is sync through the building so if there is a problem we will know about."

Hitomi. She was always protective of Shin and sometimes too much. In some cases, Shin was like her older uncle. It felt like yesterday that this young woman was once a girl cradling in his arms as he pulled her and her family out of a burning fire.

"Well I would not want to anger Hitomi." Shin said with a chuckle. "Shall we." Shin said as he guided them to the room.

Hoshikata was quick to the point his inability to start his mission in apprehending Enishi, without knowing more about the man. Apparently, he needed more about Enishi's psyche. How he thinks, how he breaths, and all his abilities should be at his proposal. "If you wish to know the mind of Enishi you should look no further than yourself. He is a passionate man who allowed ideals corrupt him. There are some letters that I think will give you a picture of the type of man Enishi he was and still is. I will deliver them to you before you leave." Shin responded.

Enishi following statements perked Shin's interest. It was obvious that the man he was referring to was Isaki Kushin, a man who continued to go at odds with ever word Shin said. "Interesting, a logical assessment." Shin responded. "There are times that removing Isaki Kushin from his position would be a desirable choice. However, I believe the man will change his ways like I had those years ago. Regardless, the people of this village should not have a faith in my abilities for any man who has faith in another will fall, but they should have faith in the righteous path they follow. I am only a guide to that path. A military is more powerful when they have unchanging goal that even the kage can not shaken. The prerogative of any village kage is to be an immutable tool for service to his or her people so in turn they will serve one another." Shin paused and chuckled. "In the end, all men merely seek their own interest; I only seek to efface that just as my fathers before me. It is unfortunate that many do not understand the path that I follow."

It was obvious that Hoshikata was a man seeking to baste in Shin's glory and diminish any force that would taint it. Shin was not interested in strengthen his power but he was concern with the mindset of his shinobi. A man can die but an idea can live on forever. If Shin could do this he would be able to accomplish what his father could not do. It would take continuos medication and patience but the goal was there.

"You can do as you wish in the confinement of Kumogakure law. If you seek to induldge Do Natsu of your knowledge I would like to hear it as well. Speaking of Do Natsu, I believe you have met with Shima Haruka. The two were the ones I sent to Kirigakure."

Kairyuu

Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The trust was just oozing from the situation, but it was more than Hoshikata expected. As the secretary mentions a special meeting room with those safeguards, he apprises the woman as more than a mere pretty face. He looks between her and Shin before nodding, following to the room and giving his talk. As he speaks, he tries to gauge the Raikage's reception to his words, but he knows that it will not be well taken. Those in power dislike change more than anyone, and a man like Shin would dislike any change seen as offering him something above the rest.

Shin is quick to compare him to Enishi, a comparison which brings forth a snort of contempt from the Seer. He goes on to explain his methods for dealing with the man at the meeting, and for once Hoshikata's eyes widen and a surprise comes over his face. Isaki Kushin was the one seeking to have Hoshikata killed? The man would trust in family so little? Those eyes narrow once more as he affirms to himself that something would need to be done there. Kushin was not born of the clan, but he was in a very powerful position in the village. If he attempted a coup within the Clan, it could become quite bloody. He would have to be handled carefully.

As Shin finishes his words, Hoshikata shakes his head softly. ”I am not saying to try and steal all of the power for yourself. A smart leader knows he must have competent leaders under him, for no one can micromanage something as large as a shinobi village. I merely said that you should not allow those under you to show the enemy where to aim the dagger of betrayal in an attempt to undermine you from within your own village. But to another point, you speak of a righteous path for your people to follow. You speak of that, and yet the actions I have seen run contrary to it.”

“You lock up knowledge. You suppress things so that the people might not gain new ideas. These are not the actions of a leader who desires his people to rely on others, it is what the establishment does to make sure the people do believe in the government above themselves. I can see why it would be an enticing act, to make sure ideas of equality and freedom from the nobility stay put down. In the end, however, those acts are merely making the ideas all the stronger. The suppression of knowledge makes it more valuable, attempting to hide it makes it more known.”

“Instead, you should make knowledge available to all. And a flood of it, at that. If there are things you do not want people to know, publicly release them along with a thousand other insignificant things. The people will be overwhelmed and not know where to look. But do not speak to me of the people relying on themselves when your very laws prohibit such a thing from occurring.”

The next words bring him up short, his face going completely blank. It was a defensive reaction, for if he had not done it he would have shown weakness to this man. ”I have met her, yes. I hope she is well? We spoke in the caverns of Mist when she visited before, and I did promise I would come visit her if ever I came to Cloud.”

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"You are mistaken to believe that I allowed Kushin to maintain his rank without properly assessing any risks. Any shinobi must know that anyone is capable of betrayal even those closes to you. Regardless, just because my methods may appear unorthodox I am no fool." Shin said as he slightly raised his eyebrow. Hoshikata was trying his best to make Shin guilty of his actions. There was no doubt that the man would continue on decry every word if Shin revealed Kushin actual rank.

Hoshikata continued to discuss his disagreement of Shin's policies especially when it came to barring knowledge. What exactly did he mean by locking knowledge? Was he carefully hidding his purpose?

"I do not readily hide information without reason. I believe that knowledge should be free but you should be cautious that knowledge can also destroy. Knowledge is nothing without understanding. However, I do not disagree with your reasoning. Enishi was a man who allowed knowledge of the government warp his mind. I will let your concerns be known to council and take it in good faith. For the time being, what was known about Enishi and what he knew will be revealed to Cloud." Shin said.

Hoshikata's last words came in short, his countenance void of emotion as he answered Shin's last inquiry. ”I have met her, yes. I hope she is well? We spoke in the caverns of Mist when she visited before, and I did promise I would come visit her if ever I came to Cloud.”

"I see." Shin said as he glanced at the wooden clock at the far corner of the room. Shin could hear the staccato footsteps as the corridors slowly became crowded.

"Time has passed us, Hoshikata. As requested you will be given what you need. If you will excuse me I am requested elsewhere. You can imagine the pool of shinobi from your country requesting my presence. Perhaps you would like to join me?" Shin said as he rose from his seat.

[Leaving Topic w/Hoshikata]

Kairyuu

Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Shin seemed to have a response for everything, but in the end he did agree to at least consider the words of the former Mizukage. It was quite an odd thing, for Hoshikata to offer this help. He considered Shin to be a mere child in the realm of politics, a mewling babe with no idea of what it was getting into. He'd seen the darker side of humanity, the areas where nothing was sacred. Politics delved far too often into that, intrigue would force this man to bloody his hands eventually. The Seer could only hope to watch, for it would be quite the sight seeing this person come down to join the rest of them from his pedestal of righteousness.

As he was dismissed, Hoshikata would simply turn and walk out. Shin, as of yet, did not warrant his respect. A position granted did not do that, actions did. Only one person in Cloud would receive so much as a bow of the head, and she was not here. He could only hope this man would heed his words and pay attention to them, follow them. This land could become great, but not if the leadership was poisoned and weak. Perhaps it needed some true strength running it. That would certainly be something to consider.

He nods to the secretary before stepping out into the streets and pulling his hood up, blocking the sun from his eyes and heading for the library once more to see if he can find anything on the man he was to kill. Or not kill, if Haruka had been true that Enishi was already dead. Much depended on the coming weeks, and while it seemed like ample time to handle things he knew it was far too short for what he needed.

(Topic left)

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back