Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Introductory Interrogation Tactics

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
tumblr_mwoq6fHIDY1sek0dwo1_1280.png

He arrived early as per the usual and got his notes together to prepare for what students may or may not come his way. He hadn't taught for a while and thought that now might be a good time to get back into his old teaching ways. Though the subject may have been a bit dark but is still a necessary component to any successful ninja, to get information otherwise unobtainable.
Arano would be waiting at the front of the class reading from a notebook and scratching his back with a large protractor.
Taking a sip from his coffee he would simply have to wait and see if anybody had what it took to pass his class.

Wakahisa Hayato

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Walking toward the class, Hayato grimly considered the subject matter of the lesson he was about to attend.

'Interrogation in the field roughly translates to torture, are we gonna go over that? Who would we practice on? A prisoner from another land? One of our own criminals? Or are we only going to study the theory? Or are we going to study the theory of interrogation of a subject held within the village, using more gentle, delicate techniques that use genjutsu or psychological ploys or tactics that would allow us more time?' He shook his head, 'I guess we'll see.'

Finally, he found the class, seeing only the teacher, reading a notebook and drinking what Hayato thought was coffee or tea. "Hello, I'm here for the Introductory Interrogation Tactics class." He gave the man a slight bow of his head, "I assume that I've found the right place?" His tone rising up a little at the end, making it a question. Hayato waited for a response.

[WC: 166]

Kaito

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The young male wandered through the the academy in search of the class he had been approved to take by the teacher. The class was on interrogation, which had not been on young Kaito's mind when it came down to his plan to become a shinobi, but it would need be to learned if he wanted to branch out at some point in his life. Learning this subject would at least get it out of his way whilst he was young, instead of needing to take it in the future. Whilst he walked towards the assigned classroom he pondered on what would be taught at a class to students he assumed were within his age range. Would torture methods be shown or just read about, or would a student have to volunteer or maybe have no choice on the matter? so many questions that obviously would be answered soon today.

Kaito arrived to the class to see that he wasn't even close to being first in class, his eyes glanced from the other person whom he assumed was a student taking the class, and then to an older male that he assumed was the instructor of the class. "Hello, my name is Kaito.. I hope I'm in the right class. Interrogation Tactics correct?" He asked in a clear tone showing he was not one to be nervous on his first day of class despite his young age and having little academy knowledge, he was a confident young boy ready to take on the world.

[words: 254]

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
As the two boys entered the room they would notice that there wernt any chairs or desks present. This was mostly due to the fact of his surprise return to the academy and the school had not the the time to set up a proper classroom for Arano. He would nod to each student as the entered his room and gestured to them to go and stand in the middle of the room. Once it seemed like there wasn't anymore students coming, he would stand slowly and walk over to the door slowly closing it shut. Walking to the front of the classroom he would weave a few signs and tendrils of wood would be released from his hands and formed two desks with chairs included. There we are, can't have my first two students from returning to teaching be weary from standing all day. Arano would come to say. My name is Arano, I will be your teacher today on the subject of interrogation. He would go on to say. Sadly I am not allowed to teach anything on the subject of torture as it seems that is now the jurisdiction of the Guardians and most likely a bit to dark for such young students such as yourselves. He explained. First things first I would like you to state your names and the reason you have chosen my class. After that we may begin our lesson. Said Arano. It had been ages since he taught anyone, even more so Interrogation...Arano would never forget what had happened the one and only other time he had taught a class like this....Arano shuddered at the thought and brushed it aside waiting for the student's introductions.

Wakahisa Hayato

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hayato watched as the teacher closed the door and created desks and chairs for his two students using wood jutsu. The other boy was someone he hadn't yet seen, he looked sad, or bored and was shorter than Hayato and slighter of build, but that was no surprise, most of the students his age were smaller than him. Hayato didn't sit, he was busy listening to what the instructor was telling them, no torture for starters. He wasn't overly surprised by that though he did feel a twinge of disappointment that was short lived. Upon hearing that it was the province of the Guardians he smiled, for he had full intent to join them as soon as he could, assuming that they would have him. As soon as a Guardians class opened up he would be there, then he could at least speak to a Guardian about joining. He assumed that there would be a test of some sort, but he believed that by the time he was finished up with the Academy he would be ready for whatever test they saw fit to give him. 'So, today's lesson will in all probability focus on exploiting psychological weaknesses of our subjects mind and the use of genjutsu to confuse them and break down their will, making it easier to gain the information we would need.' The instructor wanted them to introduce themselves and state why they took this class. There was a brief pause, but Hayato shrugged and stepped forward, "My name is Hayato, and I took this class because i intend to join the Guardians as a hunter or an interrogator." He waited for the new boy to introduce himself.

[WC: 281]

Kaito

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kaito observed both the other student and of course the instructor of the class who to him was the most important person to observe. This man was going to teach him about interrogation which was of high importance in the shinobi world or any other part of the world for that matter. Interrogation could be used to gather information from enemies or even from criminals if there ever was a trial for them, this method was just so useful in so many ways. He had chosen not to take a seat in order to be prepared for anything, after all taking a seat could either be seen as a sign of weakness or laziness. Kaito wanted to be prepared for anything that came his way which meant he would need to stay on his feet. By now Kaito had zoned out at the many possibilities of where just this class could take him if he could just grasp as much knowledge as he possibly could. In fact he was so zoned out he hadn't paid much attention to what the other student had used as his answer to the instructor’s question. By the time it had become his turn to answer that was when his mind went blank for a second and he was unable to respond to the question due to the fact that he had taken this class just to have a class to take. "Umm.." Unable to answer it it took him a moment to compose himself and realize the answer had been in his mind the entire time the other student had been speaking, all those thoughts he was having were his answer. "My name is Kaito sir, and I am taking this class in order to learn interrogation methods. I believe that interrogation plays a big part in our world, because it can be used for intelligence and gathering intel is a high priority... at least I think so. Without intel then we cannot react in a smart and precise way which can lead to embarrassment or even death." By the time he had finished with his response he thought he was rambling on perhaps a bit too much, or maybe not enough? This was his first class and of course he was nervous but he refused to let it show any more.

[words: 388]

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Listening to the two boy's answers, he felt like the knew more then they were letting on. Either way he needed to start the class. Uhhh....He would mutter aloud, just watching the two students standing. I guess if that's what they wanted to do for the class so be it. Right....So there are many differant ways that anyone could go about this. He started.
Lets see here... we have Isolation, sleep deprevation, sensory deprivation, Stress Positions, sensory bombardment, Extreme cold, phobias, water baording, dire consequences, using family or friends, abandonement, good cop bad cop, only way, sympathy....those are most of the ones i'm familiar with. Arano listed. Taking a deep breath he begun again, Now I would like each of you to pick 3, for a total of 6 between you two, that sound interesting enough for you and I will lecture you on those choices. Arano would form a stool out of wood and sit, waiting for the boys to come up with their three choices.

Wakahisa Hayato

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hayato watched as the other boy floundered and mumbled at first, with a slight smile. It was clear that his thoughts had been miles away, and as Hayato listened to the other boy - Kaito, introduce himself and state his purpose, he gave a nod of approval. Those were good reasons to learn to interrogate their captured enemies. As he thought over the teacher's words, he thought over what, among the various techniques, would most strongly affect himself.

Phobias, he wasn't sure if he himself had any, but still, a source of extreme fear and anxiety, a good start. Thinking some more he considered sensory deprivation, being locked in a tiny box with no sound, no light, and as little input as possible for smell, taste, and touch, that would be enough to make a lot of people disoriented, and if they had just had their mind filled with what they most feared, they would have no escape from thoughts of such things. Lastly, he had to think about this one, he finally decided on sleep deprivation, without sleep, how could they replenish their strength, mental, physical, emotional, whatever. It would be a fine place to start, before introducing the phobias, it would weaken their will and self control. One could also mix genjutsu into the equation and keep their fears with them as they are deprived of all other sensory stimulus. He smiled at the thought, they would beg him to give them the opportunity to tell all they knew to whomever he wished.

Hayato spoke into the silence, a small smile still lingering about the corners of his mouth, "Sleep deprivation, sensory deprivation, and phobias. Those are the ones I like."

[WC: 283]

Kaito

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kaito listened intently to the instructor as he went through the various methods that could be used in interrogation, and then they were to choose three out of all those methods each? Were there going to be old war stories about them or maybe just a few chapters of a book to read on those interrogation methods. Whilst he contemplated which three to pick he heard one or two of his choices being picked by his fellow classmate. This meant that he would need to change his three choices, but it wouldn’t be hard in reality Kaito wished he could pick them all.

After a few seconds of waiting after his classmate speaking his decision, then Kaito had the floor to speak. Which choices would be best, and was he going to be graded on his picks? Here goes he supposed and ran through the list yet again in his mind, then when he had settled on the best three that were not already chosen he cleared his throat. “Sensory Bombardment, Using family or friends, and Isolation.” Kaito finally stated in a clear tone and remained silent after making and stating his three choices to let the instructor proceed with teaching the class.

(ooc - edited to add the word count.)
[words: 203]

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Arano stood and listened to his two students, one seemed a bit for devious than the other...but no matter, when it came to interrogation you usually had to have little remorse...it wasn't always a pleasant ordeal. Right, those are good choices... He started. First off these are all things that would be second choices, asking simple questions and or offering release is always a first step...period. Only then would you employ these tactics. Pausing for a moment he met the children's eyes to be sure they understood that disregarding these standards would be taboo. OK!, Sleep deprivation...lets see here. He started once more, taking a deep breath.
The most common method of sleep deprivation is to keep the prisoner awake for several days. When they are finally allowed to fall asleep, you wake them up immediately and interrogate them some more. In the head of the interrogated prisoner, a haze begins to form. His spirit is wearied to death, his legs are unsteady, and he has one sole desire: to sleep… Anyone who has experienced this desire knows that not even hunger and thirst are comparable with it. Though, as well as leading to hallucinations, sleep deprivation for periods longer than 24 hours can lead to a state of temporary insanity. So try not to overdo it ha ha. Taking a few more breaths he started with the next item.
Sensory Deprivation, this is where you find a way to block all the senses u can, an example of this..lets see...yes, place the subject in a tank like respirator where they can breathe
for themselves through a vent, and enclose them in a sound proof room and find a way to make it so they cannot move or talk...some simple genjutsu could work as well if they are weak against it. From what we have seen, a few hours of real uninterrupted sensory deprivation is equivalent to weeks or months of imprisonment in an ordinary cell. This all works towards to goal to make them feel deep anxiety and fear, breaking their spirit down more to a more malleable state.
Sracthing his head a bit and taking a sip of coffee before continuing he looked to see if the boys were still paying attention. Most times his students would fall asleep in a long lecture such as this one.
Also I hope you two are taking notes, this isn't something you want to forget nor will I repeat myself. Setting his coffee down he would continue his lecture.
Phobias...phobias are able to incite extreme amounts of panic in people. For this reason, a prisoner who has a fear of spiders may be forced to remain in a room filled with spiders. Once he achieves the useful state of anxiety or panic, he is interrogated. The threat to inflict pain, can trigger fears more damaging than the immediate sensation of pain. Using spiders was a good one, most people feared the little buggers for some reason or another.
Sensory bombardment, this usually would include some sort of act of being bombarded with loud noises or music and flashing or bright lights. These methods are designed to overload the senses, interfering with sleep, cognition, and concentration. This all boils down to weakening his resolve to make questioning more easy.
Using family or friends is a more evil like tactic that may or may not be frowned upon. Using the affection the subject has for significant others as a lever can help you achieve greater cooperation, if he has feelings that is, some might be more trained and cold for this to work. Examples could be, describing how the subject has betrayed significant others, or point out how ashamed the others will be, and how they will be vilified for what the subject has done, indicate that the others may be questioned or even harmed if the subject does not comply.
Isolation... well...isolation is the idea that a person should be left entirely without stimulation by another person. When left for the right amount of time in this state, it leads to a deep feeling of anxiety. Little is known about the duration of confinement calculated to make a subject shift from anxiety, coupled with a desire for sensory stimuli and human companionship, to a , passive, apathetic acceptance of isolation...And each period of time depends on the subject itself...for instance, if they have been imprisoned before, this tactic might not be as effective.
Reflecting on the subject he just described, he took a moment and looked upward into nothing rubbing his chin. Yea that's about it, any questions? He asked, while staring at the two that evidently been standing this entire time.

Wakahisa Hayato

Yen
ASP
Deaths
After Hayato had chosen the three topics that seemed the most interesting to him and declaring them, he watched the Kaito think about it for a short moment before stating the three he wished to learn of, sensory bombardment, isolation, and the using of family or friends as leverage. The instructor seemed to consider the words of his two students before launching full force into a lecture on the six areas of interrogation they had chosen. Hayato thought about all his instructor had said, and began to combine the different forms of interrogation they had discussed into new patterns.

"I like the idea of using sensory deprivation and sensory bombardment together combined with isolation and sleep deprivation. Keep your subject awake while alternating between sensory bombardment and sensory deprivation at arrhythmic intervals, while providing them with no human contact. That seems like it would soften them up for questioning pretty well, by the time a person shows up to remove them from the torment, they will feel nothing but gratitude and the comfort of a human presence. Do you think that would be effective?" He looked between his instructor and his fellow student and asked, "How would you go about it?", then with a quick glance at the instructor, "After a polite, straight-forward request for the information has been given and declined of course."

[WC: 217]

Kaito

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kaito listened to the lecture coming from their instructor which defined each of the interrogation methods that he and his fellow classmate had chosen as their three, in the end the six were all so interesting. He glanced over at his classmate and listened to his words, nodding often in agreement with the things he was saying which many were on Kaito's mind as well. Using two or three methods at once to combine it into one big method that would in a sense be bombarding the person in many ways to the point that it could even be considered torture. A thought came to his mind and once it seemed adequate for him to speak he proceeded to clear his throat and looked from his classmate to the teacher before speaking, making sure he had their attention. "Asking polite doesn't always get the right answer though... a person can lie, a good lie can sneak past someone which makes interrogation tactics completely necessary." Kaito stated, then thought of a way to add more to what his classmate had spoken of. "I presume there is training to counter many interrogation methods, but then family or friends could be used. Sensory bombarding a friend or family member while the person being interrogated watches helplessly. Wouldn't that be an option? "

[words: 218]

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Hearing what the boys had to say he thought for a moment. Yes Hayato, that could work but we also don't want to fry the subjects mind...to much stimuli could damage things beyond repair. That will be something to consider...also we aren't learning these for torture implications, which combining multiple versions of these might be borderline taboo...I would approach the situation only depending on the information that I had been given...This is a hard thing to do considering that most of the people you will be questioning will probably be outsiders. Trying to get that crucial information will be hard and trial and error might be necessary. The same can be said for your question Kaito...Using the loved ones and actually putting them through the things is a little taboo. We only want to scare the subject into thinking that we would...we aren't animals you know. Taking another sip of his coffee and looking at his notes, he couldn't really think of what else to go over. Now there really isn't a test that I can give you for a subject like this that wouldn't cross the lines of taboo for children of your age...So I hope you take what you learned today and put it to some good non-taboo use. That will be all for today, you are dismissed.

[OOC Class passed, please make closing/exiting posts and request yen+stat in appropriate thread.]

Wakahisa Hayato

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hayato listened as the teacher cautioned him on the use of multiple techniques being used simultaneously, that it could break the mind of the subject and that there would be no more useful knowledge to be gained that way. He nodded, a broken mind would have a difficult time ordering the information into a coherent statement, if it could manage the task at all. Bowing respectfully, Hayato said, "Thank you for your time and instruction today, I hope to someday put it to good use.", and left the room, giving Kaito a polite nod as he passed him. He headed down the hall toward the message board, 'What am I gonna take next?'

[Topic Left]

Kaito

Yen
ASP
Deaths
After making his thoughts be known, Kaito allowed the words of his teacher to fill his mind which made him frown just a little. Perhaps it was his background, or maybe he was just different but he hadn't seen anything wrong with what he had said although after hearing his teacher it made it sound wrong. Kaito listened to what his classmate had said, then once he made his departure Kaito bowed to his teacher before speaking. "Thank you for all the knowledge sir, I have learned a lot from this class." After concluding his sentence he made his exit a minute behind his classmate now that the class had ended.

[Topic left.]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back