Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Private IQ and Battle IQ (tutor)

Yume Izanami

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
Night was slowly approaching as purple and orange hues would mix together upon Kitsune arena. At the center of it a small area would shatter as if a rock had hit a mirror until reality mended itself back together and Mitsuha stood there. Looking over at the sun setting she would work knowing that Sota would have a challenge for himself here, and if he was smart, would arrive sooner rather than later.

She would take advantage of her reality warping powers to speed up the process of setting things up in a way that some could be seen while others not so much. Some of the stadium lights would turn on, others not as she had asked the people who do regular maintenance and janitorial work on the arena if only certain lights were on for part of a students training. By the time that she was done with all of her work, there was about three minutes of sunlight left, along with the arena lights that would beam down on certain areas throughout the arena. Now would be an ideal time for Sota to appear, if he had decided to hurry up. If not, once the last bit of sunlight disappeared, she will commence a phase two part of the training and add more things.

Forming handseals, a crystal eye would form out of the minerals and dirt from the ground which will then float up until it was high up in the center of the arena. Once that was done, Mitsuha would bring out her manga and read it while she waited for Sota, keeping literally, one eye out for him.

(273/1500)

Akamine Sota

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
Threats came in many forms. Some played it simple; blackmail, bribery, if you don't do X, Y will happen. Others? Added weight where no weight was needed. It was one thing to try and goad him toward his punishment with the promise that his absence would provoke a second punishment, but Sota had no interest to speed things up. Never before had he been threatened to hurry, that with every minute wasted, the size of his punishment would grow. Or however Mitsuha hoped to reflect her words.

So, as any other unfamiliar concept, Sota simply ignored the threat. Waltzed into the arena late at night, when Mitsuha had perhaps moved onto different phases of the training.

One hand was shoved inside his pocket, the other moving to run fingers across hair.

"Hey, uh. I know you said not to be late but, actually, there was this old lady trying to cross the street, yeah? I was busy helping her. Took some time, but now I'm here!" said with a big smile, as if he weren't about to face the wrath of his superior.

wc 180 (180/1500)

Yume Izanami

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
As night came, the last lights of the sun had disappeared entirely, leaving only some visibility from certain stadium lights. However Mitsuha went to work immediately once night came, adding more things before her Crystal eye caught sight of Sota finally so she would move cautiously back to the center of the arena and wait for him. Once there, she would see Sota appear and was making an excuse. As he would walk forward, however, he would not notice in the pitch black until he slipped and fell into something liquidy. He would recognize it as oil.

If he were to look around, he would see different things hiding in the pitch black, but not able to make out what they were. However, he did see a few other things as the Arena lights were shining down on them. What he could see in the lights was a weapons rack, an obvious trap of some yen at the center of rope laying down on the ground, and a table with some vials of liquid.

"Welcome." She would say as if Sota didn't even fall into a puddle of oil. "As you've seen, since you didn't arrive on time, I have added other obstacles to this place. Your lesson is simple. It revolves around your IQ and battle IQ. Such a thing is important on the battle field and often times a direct approach on the matter. As for why you had a time to get here the answer is simple. Your enemies won't wait for you to strike. Either they will strike first, or they'll prepare a solid defense to make your life a living hell until you either finally get to your target, or you die. Should you have arrived earlier than expected, there would be less traps and you wouldn't have slipped in that oil trap."

She would pause to give him a moment to think or look around before she said, "Your goal is to get to me by any means necessary. Good luck."

(608/1500)

Akamine Sota

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
Although slippery floors threaten to send him tumbling, his steps are heavy, weighted by sloth. A foot slips; he shoots forward in an awkward dance, but — it all ends just as quickly as it started.

"What — " Sota recoils, lowering his gaze to find the ground coated with a thick layer of tar-like substance. A recognizable smell sends him into a groan, slumps his shoulders. He rolls his head with a huff, and throws a complaint "you couldn't have cleaned this up while you were here?" into the void.

Only, as he runs his eyes over the dark of the room, several things come into focus; an assortment of items that hint towards the nature of tonight's training. His attention doesn't linger. A voice breaks the silence, signalling Mitsuha's presence. And, well —

he hates to admit it — (will attempt to dispute it, if asked) — but Mitsuha makes a series of valid points. Awfully valid. Hell, the boy even feels a need to swallow down on a glimmer of shame, recognizing the familiar logic within her words. Logic he'd used in his earlier attempt to justify bad behavior. She ends her introduction with a simple objective not unlike Keniwa's, and Sota is left with half a plan.

"That's it?" comes a scoff. "Shit, and here I thought you'd be worse than the sennin-chuunin."

At his lips lays a grin. Naive, unknowing. Ignorant of what's to come. But, before he can think to chase, he's reminded of the oil that promises to hinder his chances would he not clear it from his shoes.

"Hey, uhm. You got somethin' I could clean this with?"

wc 270 (450/1500)

Yume Izanami

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
Mitsuha would shake her head in the darkness. The kid is still being awfully chatty with all things considered. When he had asked if he can get something to clean his shoes with, the girl would let out a small sigh before saying, "Tell you what. If you do good in this training exercise then I'll have my butler make them good as new. If you exceed my expectations, however, I'll get you the top brand shoes that can be offered."

She would pause before saying "Enough talk, I did say that time is important after all." She would waste no time as she brought a Kunai out and threw it at Sota. However, it would not hit him by fly by him a few meters away. Little would he know that the Kunai wasn't for him but rather he won't notice until he has only a second to react to a log flying towards his side. What will he do? Mitsuha would teleport and be beside the table of vials of liquid looking at which one to grab.

(786/1000)
(Also turns out that classes are now only 1k word count required >_>)

Akamine Sota

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
You'd think his eyes would light up at the mention of brands; new wear to add to his currently pitiful supply. Another carrot dangled before him. One that, like Keniwa's, should stir the ignorance of his inner-child. But his mind races back to the memory of red coat sitting atop ruined hands. Digits that hung like pendants. And what it produces out of him is a long silence.

Promises him a chance to react to the coming projectile. So he does; thrusts himself out of danger's way, only to —

THUD

cry out: "gah, fuck!" and grind teeth when something rams into his abdomen. Then, he's in the air for a good second. Falls, rolls into a fetal position in an attempt to clench the budding heat in his side, and groans into his arm to muffle his next curses.

"Crazy bitch...." Doesn't soothe him a bit, doesn't busy him from the sudden noise starting in the distance. Sota pushes himself back onto unsteady feet, and tries to ignore the strange rhythm of the sound. And he really tries, but — what the hell is that?

A waterfall. No, it's muted, as if hidden behind a school of trees. Waters rippling and flowing carelessly like a river's stream. Like they're calling to Sota in hushed whispers. He heeds the call. Acts without a second thought, and whips his arm to the side. From his hand, a kunai would fly out — aiming for the dead of night, and yet somehow managing to beeline straight for Mitsuha, herself. As if he'd seen her. As if he'd heard her.

(Or, perhaps what flowed within her veins.)

wc 268 (718/1000)

Yume Izanami

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
She found just the vial she was looking for. She would use her Seikon powers to immediately apply the contents of the vial to one of her equipment. Mitsuha would turn around as she seen a kunai fly right at her. She would dodge out of the way, but feel the blade of the kunai graze her cheek, making her bleed as she would teleport somewhere else in Kitsune park, cloaked in the darkness. "I'll admit, you do have great recovery time. Now, that table over there, where I was just at, you could take a look at it. Just remember, time is of the essence. But who knows, that table might just have what you might need to tip the battle into your favor."

With that, she would teleport somewhere off to his right, as she would stay quiet in the pitch black to see what he would do. She just won't use her plan just yet, but for right now, she'll observe.

(949/1000)

Akamine Sota

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
A thread slicing through flesh; the faintest hint of a victory. Comes in the form of red, and though it's no more than a drawn cut, Sota feels something. As though hit by a sudden revelation, the same ripples of water guide him through his newfound power and call to him through the dark.

"Shut up 'bout time, already."

Words are slung back into the dead of the dark. Nothing more than a distraction. Sota's focus lays elsewhere. Again, he senses something. Hears her, not as she vanishes but as she appears. But the prominent ability of a Chigokai: manipulate blood. So he does, with what little he has. Bends and forms iron into droplets, commands them to defy gravity and to go up. To jump into Mitsuha's eyes, blind her temporarily while Sota can begin to back away from the rippling stream. From the sounds that alerts him to her direction.

wc 150 (868/1000)

Yume Izanami

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
Mitsuha was surprised when her own blood moved up into her eyes. Rubbing her eyes would only make it worse, so she opted to keep them close, no matter how much it burned. She did however have her Crystal eye that can help her be more aware of what's going on around her, however, it seems that even with it, she can't find Sota. It wasn't until she decided to use some of her ancient dragon powers, and shot out some dragon scales in a wide area, that a few things were hit throughout the course that she had made, including grazing Sota's left arm. Keeping her cool, she would sigh before making some hand seals and biting down on her thumb, drawing blood and summoning Crush, her turtle. Snapping her fingers, all of the stadium lights would turn on.

Crush would splash some water in her eyes and perform a Mystical hand jutsu to heal the cut on her face. "My bad." She said plainly, "But, it is better than the alternative, and that'll be if you had met me when my mind was in a dark place. It was enough to give Keniwa a good scare. That is something else that you need to know." Looking over at Sota. "I'm not gonna go on a whole self righteous speech about what you did was bad back at Hokage Rock. But I'm telling you from experience. Force someone to go over the edge and they will snap. And if it wasn't for people being around to stop me, who knows, Keniwa could have been more seriously injured than what I had originally done. Or worse. Because he wanted to help me get over my fears." She'd pause, let Sota mull over what she had just said.

Crush would go up to heal Sota from the small graze that was made by her. "Meet me in the Shopping District tomorrow. I'll get you the new shoes there." She would say as she would get to work putting everything away.

(1287/1000)
(Topic left unless stopped)
(small ooc lesson, if you want to learn how to calculate your stealth you can do it by taking the average of your total pl stats divided by 6 then add your agility x0.4, so it should look something like this (stat average x0.6)+(agilityx0.4)=stealth)
(For awareness you can do (stat average x 0.5) +(genjutsu x0.3)+(chakra control x0.2)=awarenesss)
(for both you will need to use the bonus table found here to find out what those are)
(And you can increase your stealth and awareness multiple ways, For me, as you have seen in Bot fun channel on nc discord, I have added crystal eye bonus, along with aoe blind shot bonus. AOE blind shot bonus can be found here)

Akamine Sota

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
More flesh is ripped; the sudden sting at his arm tells him that it's his own. Quickly, teeth clamp down on a curse — (fail, "fuck!") — and Sota makes an effort to clutch the part of his jacket that dresses his injury. Suddenly:

Lights are flickered back to life, and Sota can finally see where the words are coming from. Not figuratively. In fact, he can't tell what the hell she's going on about. Never been one for mental gymnastics, so he's left with some sort of guessing game. Was she afraid that the blackmailed kid would snap? Did Mitsuha see herself in him? Was she, too, at some point a victim of bullying? Somewhere in the back of Sota's mind, a thread unbinds. Like he's just now allowed a breath or two. From adrenaline and alarm, he returns the spotlight to casual Sota, the more —

"pfft — " arrogant Sota.

The scoff isn't light. Doesn't pause when the creature arrives to generously tend to him. Hell, does he even notice it? What, with the way he practically rips his arm open again, yanks it over his stomach to clutch his abdomen and adds "that sennin-freak bullied you? Pff gaHAHAHAHA!!!!"

"Hey, hey, if he helped you get over your fears you'd better thank him, no?" A lingering grin shapes his words. When his chin nods towards his ripped jacket, he quickly adds "and you better pay for this fuckin' jacket, too."

He won't turn down a new pair of shoes, but the jacket was a must in Sota's book.

wc 257 (1125/1000)
got u got u, ty for info + the class in gen
[TOPIC ALSO LEFT unless mitsuha reacts 2 his words]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back