Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

It's a Cutthroat World [Open]

Megumi Tanigawa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sheing Yume throw up her victory sigh as she proclaimed that the young girl had conquered her first accidental modeling shoot. Megumi was grinning, but tried not to let her excitement get to her as they still had to finish up the dual shoot.

Yume was about to add onto her praise for the young girl, but a yall followed by a crash interrupted their victory celebration. By the broken lights and the rantings of the photographer, whoever this stranger was they were in hot water.

Completely cool and calm the manager would quick stride over to their new sneaky guest. Even if he did not show it, Megumi could tell that he was annoyed. As the manager grabbed the party crasher by the scruff of their shirt, Megumi thought about who they might be. It was most likely one of Yume’s fans trying to see their favorite idol in action, or maybe a journalist trying to get a big scoop.

As the suspect appearance was revealed to the world. Megumi’s face was shocked to see Yama of all people. What was he doing here, and why was he covered in scratches and bruises!?

Looking over to Yume who had a face of amusement as she looked a Yama. hearing her words, she apparently already knew of him and what did she mean by referring to him as the cute little boy, also what were they doing in the forest of death!? Megumi had some many question, that it would override her embarrassment of being seen dressed in such a manner.

“ Yama what are you doing here.. And why are you all beat up”? Even though her expression was layered with anger, her tone was a mix of annoyance and concern.

Hearing the staff bustling behind them, and the photographer calling for the two model to just get back to the stage. Megumi did not want to perform in front of Yama, what will she say to all of the people back in her village and her classmates.

As Yume and herself would move into position, she let in a deep breath and tried to focus. She can’t let her own lack of self confidence bring the shoot and Yume down, she promised to do her best and to help Yume. Looking up at Yume and giving her a smile, before she looked back to the camera going back into the character that the photographer seemed to be happy with. Pushing out all of her fears and worries, since when did she ever care what people thought of her. The only thing that mattered right now was the shoot, let them crack their jokes as she was the one on the front of a magazine not them.

Gushiken Yama

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"I must be dreaming." Was all Yama could get out before taking awhile to readjust to reality. He was being held up by some guy with glasses on. He took a few moments to try and fully understand what the heck was going on but he was drawing blanks. He heard the girl Yume say something about him being a cute boy, and then Megumi was asking him how he got all the cuts and bruises, and his reasoning for being there in the first place. "Oooogg." was all he could get out, his stomach grumbling from the pain of the fall. However, a few seconds later he managed to get himself all caught up in the situation. "I was just taking a stroll through the park, I had a spar with Sora. Remember? I promised him I would, this is the results of that." He winced and shook himself out of the glasses-sans' hand and then turned and bowed apologetically. He turned around and looked back at the stage. The first thing that caught his eye was Megumi, the get up she was in was mind blowing. Her blue eyes emblazoned in the light and nature surrounding them. He shook his head and then turned towards Yume, he managed to stammer out. "What in heavens is going on here?"

He turned towards the guy who was screaming something about lights, that's when Yama looked down at his feet and saw that he had broken one of the lights. "Ohhh.." He slapped his face with his palm and then reached into his bag, the innocence of youth showing through as he pulled out three hundred yen and walked over and placed it into the palm of the man. "Hopefully this is enough to cover it." With this he would finally get taken over by the curiosity of the scene. He wobbled over to the stage and got onto it. With the ratty tattered look he was giving off he was the picture perfect representation of a hot mess. He made sure to be extra careful as he moved around both of the girls, inspecting this and inspecting that. "You ladies are from space then right? Kimono wearing aliens sent to take the souls of us regular people?" He asked comically before moving onto another side of the stage. He kneeled down and observed the props and the film that the stage used to reflect light. He had never seen stuff like this before and it was quite strange indeed.

He stood up and sighed, "I seriously must be dreaming..."

Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
This scene... its atmosphere felt very familiar, like she had been through something absurd like this before. Yume stood there, hands on her hips as little Yama wobbled and swayed past her, drop basically three dollars by the photographer's feet and explore around the photography and lighting equipment. The poor assistants were trying hard not to trip him as they packed everything up for the on location portion of the shoot.

"Oh my." Yume scratched her cheek in response to his strange ramblings and looked around. "Oppa! Can you call a medic for this boy?"

Sad to say, she kind of forgot his name. There were too many people to keep track of; an unfortunate life in being in the entertainment industry. As she dumped the task on her manager, Yume caught up with Megumi and waited for the photographer to finish moping over his broken lights. It took probably about five minutes.

When the photographer was finally ready after a sniffle, he pointed the girls to a nearby tree. "Yun-chan, on the lowest branch. Megumi-chan, sit by the trunk. I want some interaction. You're partners."

"Oke doke!" Yume chirped, leaping up and catching the branch with her hands. She twirled around before landing up on the tree, sitting there with her legs swinging back and forth happily. The assistants brought out the reflectors to catch the sun to the right angle, standing near by and adjusting the thing as needed.

Yume opted to lie down on the branch. As Megumi adjusted her position and before the photographer started taking photos, Yume reached over to poke her on the back of her head. A cheeky smile splayed across her face. Pokey poke.

Megumi Tanigawa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Megumi would watch a unaware Yama, would stagger over to one of the chairs as a medic would look after him. Corned for his well being and completely livid at Sora for doing this to him. This is exactly why she did not accept his sparring offer, that puffed up crimson eyed narcissist went too far in a friendly spar. She had a mind to take a break from the shoot and give the entire Uchiha clan a taste of there own medicine.

After the staff had replaced the damaged equipment. Yume and herself would be giving direction to sit by a nearby tree, with Yume on a lower branch and herself leaning on the trunk. Megumi would sit down with one of her knees pointed up supporting the katana while it rested on her shoulder.

The photographer wanted interaction as if they were partners. She did not really have an idea of how they would interact when Yume was on another level, and her mind was still fuming at what had happened to Yama.

Feeling a something poking her in the back of the head, Megumi turned to see a playful coy Yume smiling at her. Giving a smile back as maybe she was just trying to make sure she was okay. However they were on the job and had to interact as their character. Going back into the serious more collected member of their fack partnership. A click would echo through the forest as she unlocked her sword looking at her playful partner with a calm expression.

Once the two girls got settled into their roles, the poses and actions felt natural as if they were playing out an adventure between two close childhood friends that became an elite ninja duo.
Patting Yume on the back to signal for her to follow her lead. Megumi would draw her katana and hold it above Yume’s parasol as it covered their front, almost as if they made a makeshift shield wall. Going back to back or covering each other's blind spots, her and Yume worked off each other surprisingly well almost as if they were mentally synced. “ That great girls how about a more relaxed and close moment between friends or even sister, show me your magic”!

Megumi would have an idea of what the photographer would want. While the next shots would be more intimate and much more touchy feeling then she would never be with anyone. She trusted and felt comfortable with Yume. It must've been do to the work they were tackling together as Megumi felt very close to someone she had only knew for such a short while, must've been what they call on-set love.

Moving back against Yume as she tilted her head up to look up at her partner, to the both of them standing under the parasol as Megumi rested on Yume’s shoulder. Megumi would think up a few more cutey or sisterly poses for Yume and herself to share. Running out of ideas she would give the reins to Yume as she trusted her professional experience to add much more to the collection.

Gushiken Yama

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yama had been quickly pulled off the stage by a team of medical assistants and stage hands that took him away from where Yume and Megumi were continuing to snap away and began examining him. Today had just not been his day, how embarrassing that each time he ran into anyone female in this village it was when he was in various states of disarray. The medical team was pulling all the branches out of his hair, cleaning him up and putting ointments on the bruises and cuts while simultaneously flashing a light into his eyes to check for a concussion. But he was fine, just a little light headed but fine none the same. Why was there such a fuss about him? Oh wait... Suddenly it all clicked in his head, "Gumiiiiii! You're a model!!?" He shouted out at her as loud as he could, his finger pointed towards both girl. He got up and started walking towards them, pushing his way through all of the stuff and knocking over some strange box like thing. "Oh my, please get this kid out of here!" he heard behind him But that didn't matter, he was a man on a mission.

Getting over to the girls he stepped in front of the camera right as it flashed for the last time, giving Yama his own little candid shot for the album. He had continued to point at Gumi the entire time and then he began expressively talking with a both slightly surprised yet silly and serious tone. "Since when are you a model, and hey now that I'm thinking about it I really need to talk to you about when you left the other night!" He stroked his chin for a second and smiled to himself and giggled before saying, "Four dudes appeared out of nowhere and started threatening me. I had to fight them all off I was able to take three of them with me but the fourth one got me and then left." A blatant lie, but such was the boy sexes nature of trying to "huff" themselves up. "But yeaaa what was that all about in the first place!"

He then pointed over to the other girl and kept it pointed, "Plus who are you exactly? All I know is your name, but I'm seeing you everywhere I go. In the Forest with Sora, and now here and I have some strange feeling that you're going to teach one of my classes in the future!" At this point Yama put his fingers together and started tapping them against each other while a ghostlike haze fell over his head, "Are you an assassin sent to kill me or something from some secret kimono wearing guild of super powered amazonian women?" But then he shook his head and pointed again at Yume, "But anyways, I don't know the first thing about you! All I hear about is your music and I haven't even ever heard one of your songs!" He put his hand down and crossed his arms, giving them a "humph" like motion as he stared and waited for them to reply.
<i></i>

Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Megumi appeared to be doing just fine, Yume thought with a smile. Instead of forming some new poses, she followed the younger girl's lead easily. It was more than enough for the photographer and company they were representing to go through for the final product - the advertisement.

The last photo of the shoot was disturbed with Yama running in and interrupting though, pointing at Megumi and Yume with silly and serious demands. They were mostly silly. Yume scratched her cheek and let Megumi take care of her side when Yama was spouting surprise and questions towards her. When it came to her turn, she blinked once at the finger in her face. Kinda rude to keep pointing like that, he had her attention.

With a bright smile instead, Yume introduced herself exactly how she did at the Forest of Death. "I'm Yume, or you might know me better as..." Her index fingers outlined a shape of a heart in front of her. "U<3ME. Why would I want to kill you, Yama-kun?"

He hasn't heard her music at all huh? Perhaps his home was not the kind to listen to the radio or the record player. Or maybe he himself wasn't interested at all. So, instead of explaining what she did and her music, Yume patted Megumi on the shoulder as a small gesture to indicate that she was leaving Yama in her care and then skipped off to the stylists. Photoshoots always had music playing devices in case it got too boring or awkward.

With a quick chat with the make up artist, the latter nodded enthusiastically and pressed play.

"This one is my comeback title for the next live performance! How's this!" Yume giggled, breaking out into a makeshift dance move. "Gumi-chan, take care of Yama-kun for a sec, kay? I'll go over shots that were taken with the tog."

She left the two kids there to catch up, while she went off to the side to discuss the work with the photographer.

Megumi Tanigawa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As Yama was being treated Yume and Megumi would go on with the show. As they continued the shoot she was having more and more fun being the center of attention and being more expressive as she posed together with Yume.

As they were about to finish the last the shot. Megumi would be holding onto Yume’s arm with both hands as if she was sticking close to an older sister or lover. While the pose was being set, a more focused Yama yelled out about being a model. Blushing and looking quite embarrassed, however she tried to hold the pose. The photographer would seem to like the expression Megumi was showing and set up to take the shot anyway. Barreling down and pointing his finger at Megumi as if he was a witness or was accusing her of something. Knocking over something and incepting the shot to make his first debut.

As Yama would interrogate Megumi, an embarrassed Megumi would slightly slide behind Yume as if she was using her as a shield or to cover her out of character appearance. “ I’m not a model, well… no i'm not i’m just helping out a friend”. If Yama could see her face it would be as red as a beat, she could imagine what they would say about her in school and how she will never live this down.

As Yama would continue, he would go on about fighting off some cloaked figures after she left. While she had an idea of who those people where, Yama’s dumb smile and giggle throw off his lie about his manly story of his action hero moment. Even if she told him about her relationship with those that hounded her and anyone that got close to her especially men around her age. She could not do anything as she could not prove it was them, and accusing them would only make her clan look bad.

After he finished questioning Megumi he would turn to Yume, and ask who she was among other more ridiculous accusations as she was not even wearing a kimono. Yume pushed aside all of the boy’s answer with her jestering and stage name, leaving Megumi jealous of how she could easily dismiss questions so easily.

Yume would be called over to assist with choosing the pictures to use for the magazine. As would pat a Embarrassed Megumi on the shoulder to tell her that she had to excuse herself. Looking at Yume pleadingly as if MEgumi was trying to get her shield to stay even for a moment more. As Yume skipped off leaving her face to face with Yama.

Their was a moment of silence as she tried to focus and put her mask back. Turning around and smoothing her clothes, she would turn around and look at Yama with a stiff and unnatural expression as if she was trying to hard to be serious. “ I’m sorry if i caused you trouble, do not concern yourself about the past. I will correct the wrong done onto you, please accept my most humble apology”. Megumi would bow to Yama as stiff as a board. “ All i would ask in return is to not speak out about our current encounter”. Megumi would keep her head down until Yama would tell her to rise.

Gushiken Yama

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yama was incredibly taken aback. Watching Megumi bow so low to him, as if he was worthy of it or something. Seeing this action made him blush even harder than she did, but thankfully she was unable to see it. With Yume's music starting up in the background before it got too serious. Yama would take Megumi's hand and pull her up until she was standing. "You never have to apologize to me, You are totally fine. I won't say anything to any of the other students, your secret it safe with me I promise you." He would step forwards and hug the girl for two seconds before pulling back, he reaching into his bag and pulled out a snow globe that he had bought at the market that morning for his windowsill. "Here you go, we never really get snow in the village and this snow globe would be the best representation of what it would look like. I want you to have it." Handing it over, by this point Yume's song was in full swing so he stopped to listen for a few minutes.

Analyzing the music for the sound waves and types of speech, four hundred and thirty two hertz. Considered upbeat, it moved with the heart or made the heart move with it. Scientifically the music was very happy. The alpha and beta waves that were being produced by the music were interesting, and Yama had been correct in his assumption that it was a little bit too much for him to handle. However he did find that it was incredibly talented. He nodded along with it and when it was finished threw Yume the biggest thumbs-up that he could muster. He enjoyed the young woman's presence, He clapped a few times softly and then said, "Not bad, not bad. If you ever want someone as extra security when you go on shows let me know. Someday I'm gonna make a bad ass Shinobi after all Besides it would be good to keep an eye on you and make sure you're not a kimono wearing assassin." He had heard so many cusswords from his family at the Gushiken complex that it had kinda slipped out, but he hoped the ladies wouldn't mind and he turned around and looked up at the sky.

Getting lost in the clouds for a few moments he would notice a cloud in the sky, and pointing at it he would exclaim, "Oh! Look that cloud looks like a fox!"
<i></i>

Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
In the corner of her eye, Yume saw the two hug each other and then Yama pulling away to give Megumi a gift of some sort. She smiled to herself, giving of the quietest squeal of delight before returning her focus to the photos with the photographer.

In the meantime, the manager, who was leaning against a tree nearby the shoot, shut his headset and planner before approaching the idol. With a hand on her shoulder, he leant down to whisper in her ear. Yume glanced at him, a bright smile on her face as she nodded. She jerked her head slightly towards the two kids, and the gentleman headed over to them. He stood before the two, waiting patiently for them to finish their conversation. His sharp brown eyes peered over the rim of his glasses frames toward Yama.

"Excuse me, boy. A moment with Miss Tanigawa please."

Turning to Megumi, he gave her a once over from top to bottom before letting out a sigh. Reaching into his pocket, he pulled out a thin booklet and flipped it to the first page. He began writing into it.

"You were a tremendous help, Miss Tanigawa," he said without so much a break from his serious expression. Ripping out the piece of paper from his booklet, he handed a cheque over to her. "This is the payment for your services today. We don't take free work, especially since you were a part of this commercial shoot."

Somehow he looked much less scary when he wasn't smiling. It must really be the hot bright angry aura he emitted when he does. Who knows.

Yume ran up to them soon after, once she was done with the photographer. Yama's accusations were still persisting, and all she could do was smile at him. He really must have bumped his head hard, or he truly believed it in some weird childish naiveté. Either way, he was being cute.

"Gumi-chan!" Yume grinned at her with a tilt of her head. "Good job out there! I'm very impressed. Oh! The 'tog says that we can keep these clothes for ourselves too, isn't that cool?!"

She laughed and twirled around. Stopping after one spin, she placed her hands behind her back and rocked on her heels. "I just have vocal coaching and rehearsal today, so consider your job done! Thank you for your help today. Get some lunch in you, alright? I'll see you around."

The manager tapped his wristwatch impatiently. Taking the cue, Yume began walking backwards as she waved to them. "See you later, Gumi-chan! Yama-kun!"

The photography crew was nearly done packing up and ready to head out. All in all, Yume thought it was a pretty fun morning.

OOC said:
Mission Goals:
  • [Main] Successfully complete all tasks assigned in the thread -- PASS
  • [Side] Keep cool and do not show tears, snap, or throw a tantrum -- PASS
  • [Side] Change the manager's opinion of her -- PASS
Your word count: 7189
Overall: Mission success. You have (more than) doubled the required word count. You may post in Leaf Request for 1.5x the D-Rank mission rewards = 3000Y. Congrats!

Topic left unless stopped!

Megumi Tanigawa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Wanting for him to accept her apology or to even yells at her, Megumi would brace herself for whatever Yama would throw at her. Feeling warm around her hand, as Yama lead her back to a standing position. Hearing that she did not need to apologise and that he would keep her secret made her relive and happiness overshadow her reddish face from his touch. Being pulled forward into a hug surprised her, she had not been embraced for awhile, the last time she remember was with her parents. Taking in the warmth and acceptance of the hug eased her worry.

As Yama stepped back and went to pull out his gift for her. Megumi wanted to hug to last a little longer, but held back her desire to continue the hug. Being handed a snow globe of the village was an interesting gift, seeing the village cover in freshly fallen snow made it seem peaceful and pure. Looking back to with an appreciation, “ Thank you Yama it is very a nice gift, the craftsmanship on the village is very detailed, must of took a lot of time to create”. Megumi would feel bad as she had nothing to give back in return, all she gave him was trouble.

A very catchy and vibrant song would play as Yama would switch his attention to the music and Yume. He was still suspicious of Yume as some sort of kimono wearing assassin, even if she was not wearing one. He at least acknowledged that her art was well made, a desire that all artest strive for.. recognition.

Yama would then turn to the clouds and point at one that look like a fox. Megumi gave out a tired laugh as she could not understand the boy. One moment he was charming, the next he was goofy and now he’s staring off into space, he was such a weirdo. However Megumi did enjoy he time with this weirdo.

As Yama looked to the clouds, Yume’s manager would approach her with his usually all work and no play attitude. Excusing himself as he began to speak with her. Thanking her as he wrote out something, even though he did not fade from his serious tone he did seem quite pleased. Handing her a check, Megumi would go to refuse but it looked as if he would not take no for an answer.

Yume would approach her shortly after smile and heaping praise on the young girl. Megumi was not use to all of this attention, it felt embarrassing but also nice as well. Hearing that she could keep the clothes as an added bonus would be a mixed bag. The bastardized kimono was nice but the boots had to go. Smiling at Yume, “ Thank you, but this was just to correct a mistake. All of this is too much”. Yume would laugh and twirl as herself and the manager would leave for their other appointments. Like it or not she was stuck with an unsettled debt.

Realising that everyone was leaving she was stuck alone, with Yama. Looking at the boy who had shared his time and presented her with a gift. Even if it would be better if he did not get involved, if he kept spending time with her it would only cause him trouble. She had to at least explain the situation and she did have to repay his kindness. Yume did mention lunch, and she was payed for the work she put in. Looking down at the check, the number was much more than she expect way too much in her mind.

Looking to Yama, and breaking the silence. “ I guess you have a right to know about the men who approached you, as it has affected you. It also have to repay you for this gift, and your kindness”. Looking at Yama with a small shy smile. “ Would you like to join me for lunch, my treat. We can talk while we eat”.

Gushiken Yama

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Looking at the girl down from his spot in the clouds, he had heard her offer to treat him to lunch. He rubbed the back of his head while looking at her and grinned with an embarrassed look. He had given his last small bit of money to the guy for his lights, he hated having to accept such a thing from the girl. But he felt his stomach growl a little bit and his hunger was overriding his need to be so humble. Plus he really wanted to discuss those hooded figures with the girl. He looked her up and down and then smiled and said, "Maybe we should go back towards your place first? We're pretty unmatched." He chuckled and pulled a small leaf from his hair to emphasis this. The bigger girl Yume seemed rather put off by his comments about her being an assassin, it really was only in jest but perhaps he was putting too serious of a tone on? Hmm.. It didn't matter and he didn't have enough time to apologize before she was gone, hopefully this wouldn't damper her opinion of the young man. He really did think she was indeed quite the idol~

Wherever Megumi would decide to go with the boy he would follow en suite. Although he did decide to pipe in with, "Oyy, there's a really good barbecue place place in town that just opened up a few weeks ago, I think you might like it a lot!" He also thought back to when she had the comment about the craftmanship of the snow globe he had given her, it seemed she did indeed really like it a lot. He wished that he had the eye to be able to pick out things that went into the making of something that made it special and unique. But it was a skill set that he found himself incredibly lacking in, whatever the case though. A puppeteer that didn't have an eye for creating his or her puppets was probably one of the most ironic types of shinobi to ever live. The only other puppeteer in fact that Yama had ever heard of was the legendary Monzaemon, said to have been the creator of many puppets and jutsu that had set it apart from the rest of the Shinobi world and solidified it as one of the most unique of the arts.

However, through reminiscing he went back to the present moment, and waited to see what Gumi would decide to do.

Megumi Tanigawa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As Megumi mentioned treating Yama to lunch, he looked away from his cloud gazing and fidgeted as scratched his head as he mulled over the thought. Grinning with embarrassment at her as having a girl pay for an outing was looked down upon. However his hunger overroad the social disapproval he may face.

Yama would gaze upon Megumi scanning her up and down, which made her slightly uncomfortable. Pulling a leaf from his hair and saying that they should stop by her home first to change. Thinking about how he was the one that was the one that needed to change. It would defeat the purpose of asking him to keep a secret about her modeling if she strutted around town in the outfit she took the pictures in. “ True, compared to you i am a little over dressed”. As she jokingly teased him, she would brush some more leaves and dirt off of the disheveled Yama.

Before they set off towards her home, Yama would add an idea for their outing. He would talk about a new barbecue restaurant that opened recently, adding in that he thinks she might enjoy it. While barbecue was unhealthy, it was not like she ate it everyday and Yama seemed to enjoy it if he is recommending it to her. Megumi would think about then, look at the dirty and broke boy. Thinking about how embarrassed he was about her offering to pay for the food. Megumi would add another suggestion, but then quickly shut it down as her grandfather would never give them a moment's peace to talk about the figures. “ Alright that sounds like a plan, you’ll have to lead the way after we stop by my house”. With lunch devised upon, Yama and her would make their way to her home.

Reaching the the clan district and reaching a small manor, hidden within the trees. Reaching the gate, Megumi would open the gate, and proceed to walk down the stone walkway decorated with all kinds of forestry. While Megumi was used to the guardians not paying any mind to her, she had forgotten that they are not very fond of any non Tanigawa. As the two walked the sounds of clacking could be heard. Some shrubs and twigs would snap, as the clacking grow closers.

As the Yama and Megumi would continue to walk down the path. A group of puppets would halt their progress and clearly focus on Yama. The puppet would all be clothed in leaf ninja grab, with every little detail of there custom styles of wearing the flak jackets and headbands would be exactly how her past family members would of worn them. Heading off the group, was a blond haired jonin by the looks of his grab. Even though they were puppets they almost looked life like, and Yama could swear that the leader really did not like him anywhere near Megumi.

Luckily Yama was with Megumi or Yama would've already been dead. Megumi would smile and look at the leader.  “ Uncle Kaz that is no way to treat our guests”. The leader would shift slightly glaring at the by that even dared to go near his niece. Megumi would turn to smile at Yama, “Don’t worry he does not like anyone”. Uncle Kaz’s head would twitch at her comment.

Megumi would introduce her ancestors to Yama, none of them seemed to like the boy. However maybe it was because he was not part of the family, or maybe they were over protective of Megumi who knows with guardians.

Megumi’s family would reluctantly left Yama pass staring at him as he walked by. Finally Yama and Megumi would reach her home and he was in one piece, so far so good. However he had to face his biggest challenge yet. As she opened the door and took her shoes off. Megumi would announcer herself and Yama to her grandfather. Hearing a gruff roar back, “ The hell is Yama, our family must be slacking if he’s here! Tell those lazy bastards to get to work”! Turning to respond, “ Don’t worry we’re only going to be here for a little bit they will get a second chance”! Hearing a load grunt from the door as he will wait for results. Looking back at Yama and smiling, “ Don’t worry he’s nice when he wants to be”. Moving to the living room,if Yama looked around he would see pictures of Megumi’s family and pictures of her when she performed traditional dance and song when she was younger. Looking around the room would reveal all kinds of awards and newspaper clippings about her family's exploits. Even the very home he stood in was a testament to their craftsmanship. Turning to Yama, before she left to chance, “ make yourself at home, i’ll be back shortly”.

Gushiken Yama

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was a very nice walk through the village as they started to near the complex where the Tanigawa family lived, while they walked several people would point at the odd duo and their various states of dress. Yama found it rather amusing honestly, the beauty and the beast essentially for all intents and purposes. Unphased by this all Yama could do was think about the fact that at least he didn't smell. It could always be worse after all. When they neared where the family lived, Yama could feel an intense chakra wavering in the air. It was highly condensed and focused but at the same time it had a wavy feel to it. For a sensor ninja, this was due to the large use of chakra strings to manipulate the guardians, and protect the clan. One of the boy's trainings with the Nara family was the use of strategy and tactics, so when they first entered the complex and the puppets (that so closely resembled people that even Yama had to double take a few times) the first thing he noted was that the defenses of this place was impeccable. Megumi would soon announce that the one who was the figurehead and the strongest of the guardians was her uncle, a man by the name of Kaz.

Upon first introductions, Yama had to choke back a small lump of fear in the back of his throat. This guy was powerful by any standard, and even more so by the fact that he was the figurehead of all of the guardians. Yama also recognized that this guy's merit was insane. It was almost as if even the guardians themselves were sentient breathing people that respected him. The art of puppetry surely was a strange thing. Beads of sweat rolled down his face as with every step he expected to step on a land mine, or take a barrage of shuriken in the back. However, Gumi told him to stand down and that he was only a guest in their house. Yama nodded violently and gave him a shaky thumbs up until they had passed by. With each introduction to each one of the guardians, he would smile and wave but with obvious fear planted on his face.

Finally they got into the actual house itself, and Yama would take his shoes off to follow suit of the girl. Stepping inside the main room Yama would hear a very gruff wizened voice ask who the hell he was, and why the hell he wasn't dead yet. Yama would chuckle and rub the back of his head at Megumi's comment that there would be another chance for him to get eradicated. But he was finally able to calm down as she went upstairs to change and he was left in the living room to look around and check everything out. He would move slowly around the room, observing all of the various tokens of merit that the family had received, every single story caught his eye and he was having a wonderful time learning about Megumi and her family's wondrous history.

He continued to walk around and observe things while he waited...

Megumi Tanigawa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
A door would creek open as a man worn down by time and illness walked out. As he approached Yama the details of his wrinkled faced and frame, showed that he was once a mountain of a man that looked to be craved out of a mountain. Not interrupting the boy as he observed and took in the skill of his family. Lighting his pipe to get the boy's attention, his piecing blue eyes bore into the boy's very soul. " Like what you see, or are you more interested in more current events". By the sound of his gruff voice anyone would doubt he was talking about his families history. Walking around almost as if he was circling the boy like a shark, but instead of attacking he would sit down keeping his eyes on his target. Just from the look in his eye an observant person could tell he is a harden shinobi, even in his weakened state he looked as if he could take on any leaf jonin at the prime of there lives.

Taking another puff of his pipe and knocking the ash forcefully into a tray. " So who are you, just some up start boy from some clan trying to woo my granddaughter with false promises and lies? No she's to smart for that". Her Grandfather continued to try an pick the nervous and fearful boy apart. " You fell for her, and your trying to she if she feels the same". Feeling little sorry for the love struck boy, as he to was young once. " Look I don't know you, and I don't like you but save yourself some trouble and forget about my grand daughter". He would lean back onto his chair and look up at the ceiling, " She is the head of our clan and the only daughter of our clan. Like it or not she is going to have to marry into one of the stronger clan to preserve her clan. She knows this, that's why she doe not bother with friends and the like".

As the two men would finished their talk, Megumi would come down the stairs wearing a light blue kimono that was decorated with her families clan symbol. Looking to see her grandfather sitting with Yama she came over with a smile. Putting her arms around her grandfather, " I hope your being polite to our guest grandpa". Looking up at her with a small smile, " Just telling him the truth". Giving him a light peck on the cheek she would go over to Yama, " Hope I did not take to long, I know how my grandfather can be. Just put on a more reasonable outfit". Megumi would give her war torn friend a light nudge as he must of been through hell while she was gone. " Lead the way, I promised we go to that barbequed restaurant you mentioned.

As the two would leave, they would come upon the puppets waiting for them at the doorway. Megumi would snap her fingers angrily and look at them with anger. " Hey what did I say, you keep it up and I'll stop visiting you". The group would turn and move back to there hiding spots, even though they were puppets you would swear they looked dejected by her response. Finally giving Yama some space and peace Megumi would turn to look at him apologetically. " I'm sorry about al of this, I should of just went with what I had on. My family does hate you, they are just a little over protective. I'm the only one left all of their hopes rest on me". Megumi would trail of and think about all of the responsibility that she carried, all of the hopes and dreams that would die with her if she failed.. It was harrowing. Looking back to Yama with a smile as she grabbed his arm to put all this behind them. " So what's this restaurant like"?

Gushiken Yama

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yama was peacefully reading when Gumi's grandpa stepped out of the other room, when he began speaking and practically reading into the boy's mind. Yama would find no reason to talk back or thing harshly of the man, one of the most important lessons he had ever learned was to respect the elderly. Their wisdom and grace have caused the rise and fall of entire nations. The topic of the old man's speech was that Gumi was essentially too prestigious for Yama to associate with, and that she was destined to marry into a higher social caste in order to continue the families lineage as excellent Shinobi. But before getting into all of that, Yama first responded with; "Oh yes, your family has remarkable history sir. It's an honor to be able to stand inside of your home. The memories here seem very strong. One should always hold onto the past, for it forms into the future" He would grin and continue to listen as the topic shifted to Yama's earlier thoughts. His eyes read into the boy's fear, but Yama felt unusually much calmer around the old man. Yama's eyes were fearful with respect, if anything. Once the man had finished speaking, Yama thought over his next words very carefully.

"Sir, I come from the Gushiken clan. I'm sure you know of them, and I may not be as strong as them, or as fast as them... But I have guts. You don't have to like me, but I can make you the solemn promise that I have no ill intentions towards your granddaughter. I find your daughter to have a beautiful passionate soul. She's my friend, I don't really know if I feel any differently about her. Sometimes I have a hard time tying my shoes in the morning, I am still just a young kid after all. But... Well, I dunno. All I know is that your granddaughter is my first real friend in the village. That has to count for something." At this point the young Gumi came down the stairs looking a lot more casual, the family crest of her clan was rather cool to look at and as she came over and said goodbye to her grandfather and kissed him on the cheek. Yama would bow to him and say, "Thank you again, have a good day sir."

Gumi mentioned that she wanted to take him to that barbecue place he had mentioned earlier, and as she scolded the guardians at the gate. He also noticed that they seemed to be rather dejected by the fact that she made such a threat, and as they passed through the gate Yama would make a passing thought, "Amazing how much detail they have, that they literally almost seem to "think" He would shake his head and say no more. But he would take the lead considering he was the one who knew where they were going, and Gumi would start to speak about how sorry she was about that way he had been treated, he shook his head and smiled while looking at her (blushing a little bit as she grabbed his arm) "Nothing wrong with that, family is important. Just don't let all of that expectation get to you. Duty is important, but living your life the way you see fit is even more important!" He nodded sagely, "I'll show you! It has really good food, they have open fire pits right in the center of the table and you can order whatever you want and cook it however you like right there!"

He led her through the village, down a couple alleys and taking a few rights and few lefts before they were right outside of the restaurant he had been hyping up. Stepping inside he waited for a hostess to come and held up two fingers while they were led to one of the table and handed menus.

Megumi Tanigawa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yama’s words were a nice sentiment, but for them they did not have the luxury of following their dreams or desires. As the two were born into the ninja clans they of course were expected to train and become the new generation of ninja for the leaf. Megumi had nothing against becoming a ninja as she wanted to follow in her family's footsteps. Even though she knew that the path of a leaf shinobi is not one filled with many options to pick and choose what you had to do. Even if you went into a branch that was did not cast itself in the shadows, their would be a time where all ninja would have to choose between their village and their own morality. Megumi would continue to listen to Yama as he spoke of the seemingly korean style barbecue restaurant. Cooking the food at the table made sure to preserve all of the flavor leaves the meat when prepared for service. If the staff is behind the flavor would escape and the food would lose much of it’s flavor. “ Interesting, i’ll try it out”. As they made their way out of her home, Megumi let go of Yama’s arm as to not draw attention to them and give people the wrong impression.

Taking her through the village in an interesting way, taking alleyways to save time. It was not exactly the most scenic route, but it did save time. Showing her the restaurant in question, Megumi would examine the design of the building. It was rustic and was very detailed with metals and vibrant colours ver saturated. Before Megumi had a chance to examine it more, Yama hurried her along.

Entering the mix of cured wood and inlaid metals. Megumi would take in the highly detailed and very old school style of Korean architecture. Even the hostess that lead them to their seats wore a long Hanbok that harken back to the classic Korean culture. Sitting down, Megumi’s eyes would set upon an unlit incense burner. It was most likely simply there for decoration as burning instances would only mess with the customers sense of taste. Megumi would look to the hostess and speak politely. “ Excuse me, but may i see you're the celadon incense burner”? The women would look with surprise at the young girl's request. Quickly retrieving the item and showing it to Megumi. Using her detail seeking eyes, Megumi would look closely at the art. “ Very classic and no inlays and it looks to be very old but well taken care of”. Megumi would look back to the hostess, “ A family heirloom”? The hostess would nod with a smile as she felt pride in her family and people.

Looking back to Yama and the hostess with an embarrassed smile. “ Oh where are my manners, i am completely ignoring you Yama and holding the hostess up”. Megumi would thank the hostess for showing a piece of history to her. Looking down at the table then smiling sheepishly back a Yama. “ I’m sorry it’s just that Korean ceramics and culture i what pushed our art to new heights. As a puppeteer i work with ceramics a lot and tend to get overly excited about it”. Megumi would trail off and hold the menu in front of herself to hide her stupidity.

Gushiken Yama

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He watched with a grin as she was talking with the hostess about the incense holder that was made through the restaurants family. While he himself knew absolutely nothing about the process and the time and work it took to make such a thing, he was the type of person that enjoyed watching other people let their passions be known. The world in all it's death and cynicism tended to keep people from being able to speak about the things they liked, in the Shinobi's case this was caused by the overriding sense of duty and honor to their villages and clans. For the citizens of the village it was because it was hard to make a name for yourself unless you were a ninja. So everyone kind of just continued along the path of life. Unsure of what their destiny that lay before them was. But Yama was the type of person that recognized this small subtle flaw in the world, and he hoped that he could be the person who would bring others up for the things that they liked instead of just saying it was stupid.

"Oy Gumi, don't hide. nothing wrong with liking something." He would say, peeking up over his menu to see her covering her face with hers. "I have a collection of snow globes at home that I get shipped in from all over the world. I have every single ninja village and a few other really cool landscape ones. My most prized one though shows an old legend about three ninja that could summon snakes, frogs, and snails. I forget what their names were but apparently they were once very powerful." He started scanning the menu looking for things but was really unsure of what he wanted to get, trying to be a gentleman he looked back at Gumi, "Why don't you pick what we get? I'm extra hungry so it doesn't really matter to me. Whatever sounds good to you." He set his menu down and poured himself a cup of the complementary tea that they had brought to the table and sipped on it nonchalantly while he gazed out of the window.

"Our exams will be coming up pretty soon, are you excited? I have a feeling you and I will be in the same exam if all keeps going the way it is going. I hope that whatever we end up doing we can overcome the challenges!" He would smile and set his glass down, and then wait for Megumi to speak.

Megumi Tanigawa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As she shield herself from Yama as the menus acted as walls between the two. Yama would peek over his menu and look at her defensive wall. He would reassure he that their was nothing wrong with liking something.

Megumi would peek over her menu at the boy. Her eye showed relief as she was not sure who he would respond to her geeking out of a what most would see as just an incense holder. Yama would continue and talk about his odd obsession with snow globes. It was a weird thing to obsess over, but if they were anything like the one he gave her she could understand. Yama would go on to talk about his collection of snowglobes and he even mentioned one of them holding tree wielders of contracts. By the sounds of it she knew who the the people in the globe were, but she did not want to turn their lunch into a history lesson.

Putting the menu down and looking at him happily. “ Thanks for be so understanding, but it is a thing that i have to work on. Can’t get worked up while on a mission or in a meeting”. Yama would be indecisive or maybe he was trying to be gentlemanly, even though she was paying for it and she was treating him as a gift to him. Thinking about what he might like Megumi already had an idea of what he might enjoy. She would keep the food that was similar to what would be normal for them. As Yama and Megumi would wait for the waitress to make their rounds and see if they were ready. Yama would pour himself some tea that was gratis.

Helping herself to a cup, she would drink the tea as is. Yama would go to talk about how they would soon be taking the test to become Genin. Asking if she was excited and wondering if they would be taking the same exam. Megumi would think on the boys questions and cornered. While they were fairly even when it came to skill, their would be no doubt that they would be taking part in the same exam. “ I know i might seem rather over confident, but i am not really excited for the exam. We have been training for this most of our lives. While i have no doubt that we will be in the same exam, the things that concern me is out of the classroom”. While she was not trying to put a damper on the mood, it’s just how she felt.

The waitress would make her rounds and arrive at the table. Introducing herself as Nari, she had simular grab as the hotest however it was more modernized. Smile at the two she would looked at them as if they were at couple. Though she tried to hide her pity for Megumi as her “date” was so ragged. Asking them if they were ready to order, Megumi would smile and politely start off with the sides of Ojingeochae Muchim, Musaengchae and a Tofu Bibimbap. For the main course she would obviously go for the barbecue pork, as there is no supplement for korean pork. Looking at Yama she would ask if there was anything else he would like to try? If Yama had nothing else to add the waitress would leave and put their order in.

While they waited it would be a good at time as any to explain to him about how the figures most likely were. Looking at Yama with a more serious tone as she began to explain the extra attention Yama was given because of her. “ I’m sure as a fellow ninja family clan member i assume that you have basic knowledge on all of our clans that make up the leaf”? If Yama did not she would have to give a small lesson on the clans, but if he knew she would continue. “ One of the Ayatsuri’s puppet members thinks he can improve his status in the clan by marrying me and using my family's knowledge that we have put our lives into perfecting to get a leg up in his grasp for power”. Megumi would try to stay calm but the very thought of that man made her blood boil. Calming herself down, “ this would not be an issue if we were not such a small clan. We were never big on growing our clan as we tend to be rather introverted and not interested in power and being famous throughout the world. However the Tanigawa are very close and loyal to their friends and family and our craft speaks for itself and is known and is sought out by emperors and kings”. Megumi beamed with pride as she spoke of her family. But her face darkened,” the attack from the samurai dwindled us down to two and a few others that our no longer Tanigawa in my book”. If Megumi could spit she would have as think of those cowards and rats that dared even being born put a bad taste in her mouth.

Taking a sip of her tea to wash the taste out of her mouth she would continue. “ While i am positive that it was the Ayatsuri, but more so Hijikata Ayatsuri. I can not prove that he and his clan were involved. It would only cause your clan and mine to lose face if we accused him”. Megumi would give the name of the man behind the mask. Hijikata Ayatsuri was know as an eilt puppeteer of the Ayatsuri known as the demon of the Ayatsuri. He was known to be ruthless and taking what he wanted by any means necessary. However like a demon he was clever in his actions as he did not want to complicate his road to power.

Gushiken Yama

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Gumi would go ahead and order, which was incredibly relieving to him. The fine selection of food she picked sounded absolutely scrumptious and he was incredibly grateful to her for treating him to such a wonderful meal. When they both asked if there was anything he would want to add, he clapped his hands together and said, "No that sounds perfect thank you so much!" Once the waitress had left, Yama would think back to the previous thing she had said about being nervous about their exams. Yama would nod and listen intently while he continued to sip tea, and then once she had finished talking he would put his hand on his chin and think for a few moments. "It is kind of a scary thought, I got an offer from a special division within the Leaf to apply too when I get to Genin. The nature of the work is... Dangerous, to say the least. But I have been talking with my friends within the Nara complex and they have been pushing me to accept and make the decision. If there's anything I can say for sure. Once we make it there, our lives are going to get a lot different. But, I hope you know that if you ever have any concerns or problems. You can always talk to me about them. That's what friends are for right?"

He smiled at her, and then as she started speaking again the topic of the conversation slowly started to become much more sinister. A plot soon began to unfold that the clan dynamic of the Hidden Leaf was working against her favor, and that she had been caught within the sights of a man of who seemed to be a very devious character. Hijikata... Yama's face would become much more serious as she started talking about what was going on in her life, Yama had heard a few things about the Ayatsuri clan. But it was only very noble things about some of it's other well known members. When she would finish, Yama would be very silent for a few minutes. Deep in contemplation...

"Well, what a thing to be caught up in Megumi. I'm sorry to hear about your clan, the Gushiken clan did very well against the samurai invasion. Most of them are born with a special blood limit called Kyoujouran, it makes the skin as tough as steel and gives them remarkable physical abilities. Even the samurai's chakra blades had a hard time cutting through their skin." He looked out the window before continuing, "Such a pitiful world we live in that families are so willing to give up their precious sons and daughters for the purpose of status.." He sighed and then looked back at the girl, "I can't imagine by your look and tone that you want to marry this man. I also firmly believe that you are meant for so much more greatness than that Megumi Tanigawa. I haven't ever heard of this man, and I find his very name to be repulsive.." He would chuckle softly after using the word repulsive. "How funny though that he would consider me such a threat to you that he would send four of his goons to try and send me a message."

He would hold his hands in the air in a stretch, and right about that time the food started arriving at the table. As it started being set out on the table the waitress asked if there was anything else they may need. Yama nodded no and when she had left Yama started placing food on the grill in order to cook for both him and the girl. "How is it possible to stop this man?" He asked.

Megumi Tanigawa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As she finished speaking Yama would be silent as he processed her words. Maybe telling the boy was the wrong thing to do as ignorants is bliss. Even if he did say that she could share her fears and concerns with him, Yama was putting himself in more danger by knowing the truth and spending time with her.

Yama would speak, but she could not help but feel insulted even if he did not mean to insult her family. The Gushiken were breed and made for battle, but they were brutes and fighting is all they were good at.They could not build or run a village or plan a defence. Plus there were more of them than their was of her family. Megumi would continue to listen to the Gushiken even if she was annoyed with him.

Yama would look out to the window and trail on about his distaste for the archaic system that was still perpetuated in the clans. Talking about who she clearly did not want to marry the man and that he believe she was meant for greatness, eased her anger for his misstep but she still good take down any Gushiken with her eyes closed. Yama would take about it being odd being seen as a threat. “ You are most assuredly a threat to his plans. You are my age part of a ninja clan and a male. Also his does not only target only males, anyone who gets close to me is told to keep away. He is trying to wear me down and isolate me from others, as witnesses would cause him trouble”.

The food would arrive, the table was be filled with all kinds of colour and varied mixes of spices and sauces. Thanking Nari Megumi would start off with a side, Yama would waste on time going for the meat and asking how to deal with the man. Chuckling at Yama’s she would put down her utensils and give the answer. “ It is a simple fix, but it will be much hard than it sounds. While we can not simply cause accuse him of his actions as we have no proof, and even with both of our clans our word verses one of the four main clans means nothing. Fighting him head on of course would only weaken or clan's reputation with the others. As my clan is hanging on by a thread i barely have any say in the clan meetings as is. If we used violence i would most assuredly be framed as a traitor and we would lose’. Taking a sip of her tea she would continue. “ The only thing we can do is build a case against him. If we could prove his intentions and shady activity then his clan would lose reputations, and that would tip the balance of power. His clan would disown him before losing ground on the other three, as he is not from the main branch or of any importance to his clan”.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back