Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Just a small town boy [Open RP; iNPC]

Ii Hissori

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“You’ll be fine” Those were the words that were Noe was left with by his care taker Shukketsuseinohito, Joukuu. It was an important day for Noe as it was his first in the Kumogakure Academy. He hadn’t slept much last night, and maybe it was because of that lack of sleep that Joukuu told him that. Noe had tried to be normal. He ‘got up’ at the same time, showered the same way, ate the same breakfast and dressed normally. He had made the walk to the academy, quietly.

It was a rather silent of as the sun’s rays peaked through the cloudy. Every couple of minutes, Noe would pull down the black heat insolated shirt that he had on. Each throwing blade, and small dagger that Noe had holster in his jerkin had been carefully shined and sharpened using all the tools that Joukuu had in his house. His wind swept black hair was cut extremely short for the beginning of his new training. His skinny legs were hidden by the large black pants that he wore as he attempted to keep himself warm. Carefully, he adjusted his hat as he turned onto the street the academy was on.

His breath started to quicken as he moved through the mass of parents saying good bye to their children. His blue eyes were focused straight ahead as he moved into the grounds of the academy. It was in that moment where Noe was in awe. Noe had been trained a bit in the ways of killing demons, but never formally train in the arts of jutsu. All he had to train on was other young children from his village, and what would amount to training dummies. A couple of older friends laughed as Noe was pushed aside, which was really the right thing to do as he had stopped in the middle of the pathway, but Noe wouldn’t move still just looking around in almost shock. The small boy from the desert had never seen anything like this let alone from the mountains.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The wind was soft as the elder walked with his cane in right hand, gently tapping the ground with each stride as he walked very briskly today. He was out to his morning stroll to the academy, he always prized himself to see his students now and then. He wondered if he would run into them today. But more so, he needed to find more pupils to teach. It was all the Elder sword sage saw himself doing till the end of days.

To teach the young how to be true to their nature and selves on the path of Ninja. And today was no different. But what could stop such a man from his task? The fine beauty of the morning sky. The bright lovely hue it gave in the darkness, as it slowly rose as time passed, illuminating the background. silhouettes of the clouds painted through the light. Kotsurugi halted for a moment to watch the sun rise. His warm smile stayed true. His free hand stroking his long flowing snowy white beard.

Yet, amongst this clarity, this pure serene world that many stood in. This old man, he was not like mortal men. He was omnipresence of different mortal coils. His body had halted in time. A story within stories, not many were present to notice. How old was this man? How many times has he stood at a place, at a time. And watched the sun rise? Even he can't remember. In his mind he saw many suns, clear and far. As though he stood upon the precipice of the very edge, Staring right at the sun. Maybe it was his mind playing tricks on him. But in a moments of day dreaming as sorts would see him. A boy, young and energetic passed him by. Not a word or sound exchanged. But maybe he was looked upon as odd or just normal to see an old guy standing in the middle of the road staring at the sky as old people do sometimes.

A heavy winded sigh escaped his lips as reality dawned on him he was late to see the students to pick one to train. He wondered if there was anyone really useful. Someone who would instill his practices. Make a dent in the weave of this world. As he turned to go up the road. He noticed the boy who had passed him to have made it ahead of time.

As the old man was seen to stop and sit on the bench opposite from the school. None made any comment towards him or came to him. He merely sat down, staring at the birds that flew by. His massive white cloak covered him well. He was a giant man, but he looked rather withered and aged. His skull was rather balled and scared, showing he had some sort of accident or something rather terrifying experience. None would approach.

He pulled out bird feed as more flocked in to perch about this giant old mountain, to sit upon his massive hand and peck at the seeds. He would begin to poor some seeds to the ground. Sitting there and watching the birds. He seemed rather hallowed, as if no one was really sitting there. Trying to seem as he should be there.

His head lifted to see the parents leave their children to their shinobi classes. But the old man chuckled to himself quietly. Shinobi....No...Ninja. Assassins. Killers. He wondered if the parents were even concerned for their young. To look forward to throwing your life into peril for your village. The elderly man almost spat on a bird when it got to close to his feet.

His hand stroked the long beard as he heard children laughter. His eyes watched as the eager upstart was shoved aside by much bigger fellows. Yet the boy didn't seem much concerned. And that drew a question in the elders mind. He bent down and picked up a single bird seed. A warm smile indeed on his old bearded mouth.

Noe felt the tiniest prick on his shoulder, it was heavy enough to be felt but not to warrant any sting or pain. Just the smallest touch. Soon though. There came the sound of a mindless hungry bird flying over to peck at the boys shoulder.

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Zaku ~ iNPC/Future PC

--

I had timed it perfectly, the start of another year. Failed to be noticed once again, I moved towards the academy with a rather solemn look in my eye. What would it take to be noticed? A question I often found myself asking. What I didn't realize, was that the longer this took, the more I grew to resent those better than myself. My greed for power expanded without any real realization of my own. What would this year be like? How would I change myself so that the elders of the academy would take notice? I sighed slightly as I looked at all the new faces in the crowd. First years, departing from the normal life to a life of servitude to the village.

But there was one face that caught my attention. Not by any particular action, but by his physical attributes. There was no way he was from Kumogakure, not even lightning country. This was something new for me. I had never met a foreigner; if he was actually a foreigner. I moved closer to him and stood beside him, before the pecking of a bird would come to his shoulder. "Not from around here are you?" I said with a slight smile on my face. "I'm Zaku. And based on the way you were staring I am gonna assume you need some help around the academy. I've been here a couple years so you might just wanna tag along with me." I said with a smile, making a fist with my left hand and putting it forward for him to bump.

This would be about the time the pecking came for his shoulder...

Ii Hissori

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Noe was standing there only for about thirty seconds before he heard a soft voice. Quickly, his blue eyes would look over at him and give a short nod. The one major thing he learned during his short time in the village was that he defiantly sounded and looked different. It would seem though that this Zaku was intent on making friends with him, which was fine, it would be nice to have a friend.

“Noe, and thanks.” He said. His voice was light and different; it was airy, and even with the soft tone that he was speaking in, it seemed he was speaking at the top of his voice. A hand went up to brush at his shoulder feeling what he thought was someone poking him. Then all the birds came. Noe had no choice, but to quickly cover his head with his arms as he made a noise of protest.

All Noe could see were feathers and those rather sharp little beaks pecking at his shoulder. It was getting ridiculous, as Noe continued to swing his arms around. He could kill demons, but these damn birds would not seem to leave him alone. Why is no one helping us? He thought as he felt another bird was pecked at him. Finally, Noe had enough. His small hands moved quickly from covering to the leather jerkin that covered his chest. His hands would grip two of the daggers that were on the top of the jerkin before he pulled them out and spun.

Feathers flow, and even some blood as the birds scattered retreating to a safe distance as they all made noises of protest. What had caused him to be attack like that? Did these birds attack outsiders? What did they want? His eyes looked up to them as he just glared, holding the two throwing blades ready if they dive bombed him again.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He did as he always does, sat and waited. Sat and watch. He would observe the actions of many and choose his pupils wisely. He made a sorts of game out of this picking and choosing. There were many indeed who peaked his interest. Many had physical capabilities and trained well enough to take their exams right away. But that was not what the Elderly swordsman wanted in his pupil. He wanted human reactions and he got many. He had already picked a handful of young to go train at the Nanjirou temple in town. But he what he liked most was to teach a single person to strive over the others.

Not so that he wanted to play favorites. But he needed to find someone to pass his art too. He had faith once in a shinobi named Joukuu. But the boy was more preoccupied with his job rather then his furthering of swordplay. He watched as the young boy named Noe ran about for a few seconds as the birds pecked fought for the corn stuck on his shoulder. He chuckled softly at the boy as he stood.

He sliced at his attackers without hesitation, He analyzed the boys form and movements. It was calculated dance of blades that made his smile widen. In a moment as the birds dived down to peck once more. In the instant the old beast was beside the boy, picked the corn from his shirt then flicked the pellet like a ball of iron shot from a musket. Taking down one of the birds as they dispersed and flew away.

Now, he stood before the two young boys. A massive mountain of a man covered in fine white cloth and kimono, underneath a black thickened winter kimono wear. His old withered sword,sheathed and tied to his hip. Covered by the mounds of clothing.

"There you go...Had some corn stuck on you lad." He paced slowly away, shuffling his way towards the doors of the Academy.

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Zaku ~ iNPC/Future PC

--

Interrupted by birds? That was a new one.

They were upon him like nothing I had seen before. It was almost controlled chaos, like someone was manipulating them. I suspected some of the bigger stupider individuals of the academy; but had to remind myself they were intelligent enough to master something like controlling an animal. As things worsened and I could tell that the birds were not going to desist, I pulled out one kunai from my belt pouch and promptly got to slashing through the air. It wasn't very controlled though-- a wing here, a neck there. Some birds dropped to the ground dead or limping, but the onslaught continued. "The hell is wrong with these guys?" I questioned rhetorically in an angered manner.

Suddenly, a monster of a man appared and somehow abated the birds want for Noe, attributing it to corn on him. "Corn?" I questioned, looking to Noe with a peculiar expression. "Hey man, even if you are a shinobi, one doesn't just pick up on that. How'd you figure out that was the problem?" I asked Satou, the unnamed man. If it was so easy to notice, I would have caught on, being a third year and all. But I didn't even look for corn... Perhaps another attribute that I am without: Perception.

Ii Hissori

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The birds, oh god the birds. It was like something out of a horror movie. The birds that were alive, which was most of them still hovered overhead, beating their wings preparing for another attack. Then all of a sudden, the young Noe felt a hand on his shoulder. Something about having a cornel of corn on his shoulder had caused an attack. He just nodded silently as he carefully went to clean off his blades. “Thank you.” was all he said as he just looked around.

what are the parents thinking? They just saw a foreigner attack all these birds. They saw a young student just kill animals without thinking. Isn’t that a sign of someone who is crazy? Noe thought as he bit his lip. What were they going to think? His thoughts though were interrupted by the words of Zaku. He was seeming to accuse the old man of something, though Noe did not really know what he meant by it. Without any real training in the awareness that a shinobi should have, Noe was just going to let it pass that some corn had fallen on him when he was walking through the village. Though, he didn’t really remember any corn on his trip from his house living with Joukuu.

“Just leave it be Zaku… we are safe.” He said again in his rather exotic accent. As long as he wouldn’t have to face any more birds today, he would be happy.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
802px-Yamamoto_Episode_206.jpg

Rurou Kotsurugi
Former PC

The old mans pause was rather slow as he only walked in a calm dulled pace. He was in no hurry, his feet silent amongst the stone and snow dusting the ground. Though with each tap of the cane, one could see areas of dusting clear where the point struck. As if all the pressure from the massive mountain of a man pressed through the cane. Making the most heaviest tapping sound. But on the final tap, as he halt. It was silent. His other hand stilled gripped on his beard.

He had a thought, only briefly. But then replied with rather sharpened words even though he wished they came out more softer. "I would think your eyes were strong enough to notice. I am an old man. And what these old eyes see, was a boy being attack by birds. Yet the other individual standing beside him was not their target. Who were they attacking mostly? None dove deeper then stomach area and curve round to his head and the shoulders. So I made the assumption that either the boy had open food on him or stuck to him. Or in some manner aggravated the flock. It took a closer look to see the thick piece sticking on his shoulder but all is well. No?" He took a long breath. The cool mountain air filling his dried lungs in a calmed breath. His whole figure turning on a step as he face the two. Looking between the two his thought that wandered in his mind came forward. Shuffling over to Nao with a calming voice that roughened in depth, A rugged smokers voice. Soft but deep growled. "How you moved, you have a gap of some experience that some kid's shouldn't have. You may make a good name for yourself here, learn well from those around you. They will give you great insight in this world. Much better then this old fool." Weak laugh escaped past the maw covered in white whiskers as he tapped the cane with a simple theme. His attention turned to the one who questioned him.

"Ahhh, I can tell you're very well adapted. Your hand and eye coordination was good, yet I wondered why you attacked the birds so non nonchalantly, rather then with quicker haste? You are more then capable to kill the whole flock with your skill." He questioned the young mans lack of forcefulness to get the job done quickly. It was merely two well trained shinobi reflecting on skill at this point.

"Hmmm." He grumble with a nodding approval. "Apologies, I am just an old man, far from me to be speaking of skill or combat." He tapped the cane with more natural force that crunched against the snow softly as he headed towards the door. "Its bloody cold outside! You boys coming in? Would either of you like some tea?"

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
My eyes shifted to Noe, but it was too late. The old man's tapping of his cane stopped. It would seem my words had halted his agenda, or was he planning for one of us to say something. He did save us the annoyance of killing the avian fiends. It would seem I was going to get a good talking to for speaking up. Perhaps Noe was right and I should have left it alone... "I suppose no harm has been done yes..." I said. Birds don't attack people like that unless provoked... I have never seen it before unless they were starving. But not like I could doing anything about it now.

He moved close to Noe and spoke words that I didn't think would come from him-- his voice. It sounded harsh but wise, I found it strange. I looked to Noe and pondered what this new student was thinking at a time like this. I also couldn't keep my mind from questioning where his skill came from. I would have to inquire later, as the old man had turned and looked at me. He was spot on with his words, but I could only attribute that to having been in the academy for so long, unlike Noe. "Where had he learned that..." I questioned as the old man spoke, questioning my laziness in disposing the birds. I could have come up with a few explanations, but who really cared. They weren't doing any true harm so no matter how slow I went they would have all died in the end.

The left corner of my mouth rose a bit, shrugging as he voiced a thoughtful mumble. But his words... I found false. The way he spoke to use was wise-- experienced. There was no way he didn't know about combat. It would be smart for us to seek council from him. When he asked if we were going it, I nodding quickly, but I wasn't sure if Noe wanted to join him for tea. Personally, I hated tea. But I would not mind just sitting and getting to know the man a bit more. "Well how 'bout it?" I questioned, looking at Noe for his answer.

Ii Hissori

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Noe’s slow steps stopped quickly as he just narrowly avoided bumping into Zaku, which might have resulted in Zaku bumping into the old man, and after all no one wanted to see an old man break a hip or something. Noe didn’t have to pay a lot of attention to what the man was saying to realize that he was surely trained and an experienced fighter. The idea did not even cross the young boy’s mind that he might have already been found out. He shifted back in his stance though as he heard the deep growl come out, directed at him.

In that one moment Noe, his still under developed Adam’s Apple moved quickly up and down the line of his throat. This guy could already tell I am advanced for my age, how could he do that? I need to cover. Noe though a drop of perspiration running down his forehead and cheek as a cold sweat took a hold of him for a moment. His mind just drifted off for a moment as he continued to think of a way to cover for his skill.

Noe could feel the judging eyes of his friend fall on him. Great, now he is questioning me to. He thought more as he attempted to not show the worry on his face. Finally though, he came up with the idea. It was simply and easy answer, but Noe hoped it would work.

“I just got lucky I suppose. Beginners luck.” Noe said he just rubbed the back of his head that was covered by his baggy black winter hat. He then bit his lip and nodded quickly. “Yeah, sure. I could use some tea before going to class.” He said. He left out the fact that he still wasn’t really use to mountain tea which seemed to be rather tasteless compared to the strong tastes of desert teas.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The elders pacing was calm as he listened to the boys words then nodded in agreement as he headed inside. Shivering off some snow from his shoulders as he took off the massive winter wear that covered him. Leaving a simple black kimono. Which in appearance had removed quite a few layers of the man. He seemed rather built. He was a towering creature of human skin, bone, and muscle. His long flowing beard braided in leather strapping that almost touched the ground, a sage indeed in experience. His eyes and hands had experienced many battles. He was rather obnoxious to simply kick off his sandals in random directions, exasperating a long drawn out sigh. "I swear, it gets colder each season. I'll be surprised if I don't find you kids frozen to the ground every morning I come to work. Heh!" He chuckled as he stroked the magnificent beard, he looked back at the two.

"Hmmm. Class? yes, well I hope you two the best in your studies. Ahh, such days of youth. Brings back both the found and rather not so fond memories. Heheheh" He grumbled as his giant form shuffled slowly down the hallway to a single classroom. Yet the rice paper door looked old and weary. He whipped his hand by the door and it slid with a solid smooth motion. "Come in, Sit where ever you wish." He stepped inside.

But this was not one ordinary room. No, this room. Was a dojo floor.Softened padded floors foor cushioned falls and unstable grounding. It spanned roughly three classrooms on the rest of this floor. Each room could hold roughly thirty bodies. Four feet by four feet squared sitting in desks. this room could fit three times that at least. And In the middle of this rather large room, a table. Surrounded around were lavished pillows. A women, roughly in the age of forty was standing nearby dressed in a simple long sky blue kimono with a bright red Obi tied around her waist. Her hair a long wave of black silk, her face was rather beautiful and in a way the face of a mother. She had set the table, the tea was ready. The cups set out in a vast circle around the table. She smiled and paced forward in a calm walk. Greeting the old man with a proper bow. And he, simply a node and "Thank you." She left. Smiling at the two boys as she leaves.

The giant mountain sat behind the small table, he did not wait for them as he poured multiple cups and continued in the circle till all the cups were filled and the pot empty. "Come...." He gestured as he began to drink from the cups in front of him. "Some tea, and maybe you wish to ask me of things only old killers know. Heh!" He chuckled and slapped his knee.

Around them, if one would even fail to notice. The rooms walls had been covered with blades. Swords of multiple origins and of strange orientation. There was so much rarity and patterns to them. Some littering the far corners. The room was a battle room, it was a shinobi classroom.

As the old man sipped his tea he pulled out a pack of cigarettes and sat it on the table. More gradually he would want to light a smoke later. He forgot his pipe at the temple. "The tea is very good. Made from fresh leafs of some lemon grass, also mixed with a touch of honey. Also added is several vitamins that will help boost your vigor, clear lungs and also I find it rather relaxing before going to work out or train." He spoke on admiring the tea set out for them and hoped it was a good gesture for them. Sipping his tea he wondered what they would ask, or would they even bother?

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
A smirk. "No beginner is lucky when it comes to weapons." I thought; I wasn't buying it for a moment. This new foreign kid was becoming all the more interesting...

As we headed inside, the old man shed his outer layer. Revealing the kimono underneath, but that wasn't all. This guy didn't seem old at all, not anywhere except maybe his face. He removed his sandals like a child would which honestly made a grin appear on my face. But why had he done so? It wasn't customary at the academy do remove one's shoes, at least, I had never been informed. Some words about the weather which I couldn't really comment on. Based on what I knew, he'd been around long enough to be entitled to that opinion. Also, I could hardly remember anything from two years back, so it wasn't like I could quite recall weather of all things. But my mind wouldn't allow me to chuckle at his little joke. Just seemed silly to me.

Luckily, it was just a transition to him wishing us luck in our studies. But his words about fond and bad memories...from the academy? Couldn't be worse than bullying, but it stuck in my mind. We made our way to a unique looking door which I never had the curiosity to open and look inside before. Perhaps this is why he removed his shoes. I quickly took mine off when we stopped at the door and he invited us in.

"A dojo..." I said softly as I made my way inside, hesitating a bit after feeling the floor under my socks. I had never been in one before, at least nothing like this. I spun slowly as I entered taking in my surroundings. It was pretty damn large, so I wondered why I had never noticed it before. Perhaps I was just ignorant of it in my daily happenings in the academy. On the walls hung weapons of all kinds. This was much different than the day with Hikari and Kahako and the others in the training room. This was a place to master the weapon against others... Nevertheless, once I finished with my observations, my body shifted to face the table and pillows with a woman standing nearby. An assistant perhaps? There was a lack of words as she approached and did her thing. Just as fast as I had seen her, she was gone and we were left with the wizened old man.

I approached as the man gestured and found a pillow and cup of my own near him. I looked at the cup and persed my lips. "Damn etiquette..." I grumbled and grabbed the cup roughly. Taking a sip, I nearly winced and set it back down. That would be the only tea I would be drinking. "Old killers eh..." I questioned. Just what could I ask him. Thankfully I was given time to ponder as he boasted about the tea I would no longer be drinking. There were a couple things in life I would not eat or drink, and tea was one of them. Hopefully he would find no disrespect. There was one question I wanted to ask, as I to have had bad time in the academy. But I wouldn't think they would be bad enough to remember into old age... "Sensei, just what memories do you have from the academy that weren't good ones?"

Ii Hissori

Yen
ASP
Deaths
When Noe got inside, he would not take anything off. He was fine being warm and insulated from the cold. Carefully though, he would undo his boots, and carefully place them where they were supposed to go. He would give a quite nod, and maybe if someone was listening closely, they would have heard Noe utter an almost inaudible thank you to the old man.

His blue eyes would carefully look around the room as he waited for the tea. Things were so different here. In the desert, the dojos were open roofed, and sometimes didn’t even have the soft pads which Noe could feel under his feet. He would give a gentle smile back at her as he quietly would set over to the table. He sat away from the old man and Zaku as he just nodded. Carefully, the boy picked up his tea and tasted it. This was accompanied by a small face he made.

Tea’s in the Kumogakure no Sato were defiantly different. It was something he would have to get use to, something he wasn’t use to yet. He did not make a comment though as he continued to drink the gifted he was given. His blue eyes fell to Zaku. He was interested.

“Is there anything I look out for?” He asked very softly to both of them as he bit his lip taking another gulp of the tea.

Sorry for the delay, I had a very rough week. Getting all my replies out now

Yen
ASP
Deaths
(many apologies, i too have been going through some difficulties.)

Tastes. The air, it was stale in a way. Dry air, but sheer cold on the wooden floor for those of bare feet. It was'nt so futile if one could keep their feet from touching the ground. But the elder didn't mind, his feet were always too warm to him. Heat radiating from him. Even with the chill in the room. The tea warmed him, relaxing his muscles. "Hmm." He cleared his throat as one boy seem displeased with his drink. So, not a fan of tea? It made the old man smirk a little.

He listened carefully, looking upon them with interest, he was'nt weak in his hunched stance. It was more threatening, the way he sipped the cup. Seemed tentative and slow, enjoying it. He sat his cups down with a steady pace to get the next. He paused. Then put the cup down. His eyes looked between the two boys, then to the far corner of the room. He glanced to the eldest of the two. "If you wish something a bit stronger, I have some Sake over there in the jug,the white one. Can you go fetch it for me and also grab the small black bottle? Please. I'll answer you to how my school life was when you get them. Fair exchange?" He gestured for the young man to fetch the two items. A normal white sake jug, unbranded. And a small black bottle that seemed dwarfed compared to the jug of Sake.

He then turned his attention to Noe. His smile still warm and that of a grandfather. "I know the tea tastes a bit odd, I have some honey and sugarcane crushed into powder if you'd like some?" He asked the boy. But before he could even answer. "No, but I do warn you though. As Shinobi, you walk a dangerous path. Roth with much bloodshed. I'm sure you're aware? What, do you believe Shinobi to be my young friend?" He asked back as he waited for the retrieval of his Sake.

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
I watched him watch us before he requested that I bring him the sake. Now, I may have been older, but I was definitely physically young enough to warrant some restrain on some alcohol. After all, the drink had not once touched my lips before. Though, I wouldn't be passing up a moment to try it out. Like most kids my age, I was curious about the vices of those who were several years older, and wanted to partake of them myself. At least, just once. So in exchange for my question being answered, I would fetch his drink, no doubt he would offer me some based in his earlier smirk. Otherwise, my reading of his disposition would be wrong and I would need to evaluate those skills once again. So I would nod to his request and quickly get up as he began speaking to my student counterpart.

It took no time at all to trek across the room and retrieve the aforementioned bottles of sake and turn to return to my seat by his side. He asked a question to Noe that made me ponder an answer as well. The word shinobi brought only a couple words to mind; some good, others bad. "Tool, Honor, Death, Prestige, Profession." I thought. I had already pondered this question once before in the forest with Hikari and that strange boys whose name I do not remember. So I waited to here my companions response before looking eagerly to the old man who would recant his tales to me in exchange for the bottles of sake. I placed them on the table before us, near to him of course.

Ii Hissori

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Noe was carefully watching this old man. The stance he took was threatening, and this made Noe’s small body tight ready to react at any moment. He then gave them an order, which was to get a bottle of sake. This made everything so much worse. This old man was offering two young kids alcohol. First off, as Joukuu had said to him on multiple occasions, alcohol was a vice, and a bad one at that. On top of that he an elder man was offering the alcohol to multiple young children. This seemed like some scenario that would end up with bad things happening in the showers of the schools locker room. He wouldn’t say a word though as he just casually sip on his tea slowly, painfully aware of how this situation might turn out. He did try to keep himself looking calm though the boy who previously was basically a wild killing machine did not do a good job as he was untrained. Finally though, the man turned his attention to him.

“I take my tea plain thank you. I just usually drink different herbs in my tea so it is a bit strange.” The culturally hindered boy said after the old man finished his speech about the life of the shinobi. To Noe, it was a life he was somewhat use to seeing. He had seen the flesh ripped off his sensei by those demons that had attacked the village. He had seen them rip off the limbs of his cousins and attach them to their own body. He had basically seen hell come to the earth, and had fought against it, and won! With that he was pretty secure in the answer he was about to give. Carefully, his red tongue darted out to catch some of the tea that had pooled on the corner of his lips before speaking.

“A shinobi is a lot of things I feel. First off, the most basic thing is a person who is trained to kill, and uses that training to get paid. On a slightly deeper level, there is a bond between all shinobi, that all should have respect for one another because of this training. However, I feel the deepest level of meaning of Shinobi is that you have to be ready at a moment’s notice to give your life to help people you don’t even know for the betterment of society like the shinobi Shukketsuseinohito Joukuu did for me.” He said finishing taking a deep breath before drawing another small sip of the strange tea. With that though, Zaku had returned and sat back down and carefully, Noe’s blue eyes looked at him wondering how close I was.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
(Ok, so i'll give you guys a heads up. This is just rp, it isn't mission or lesson which could harm you. Just for fun and story development. :) Enjoy! )

The Elder sipped his drink slowly, the room felt stale to him. Something felt strange to the norm where he would usually sit. "Ahhh, so he broke out his room?" Spoken randomly as the elder turned his head to the windows behind him that peer out to the school yard and with clear view to the gates.

If either boys were to look outside, standing at the gates was a man. More or less some would say he was a monster, tall and thin. Wearing strange summer clothing that was colorful and bright, his mess of hair tied back into a knot. His eyes glazed slightly, hung over from the night before and grumpy as he usually is. Satou marched gingerly towards the school. He had a bone to pick with the old man.

Kotsurugi on the other hand turned his attention back to the boys. "Sorry bout that. Yes, your views on the term Shinobi are well diverse and well spoken." He smirked rather strangely. "Very optional, yet still....You yet to grasp the heaviest manner of the Shinobi world. Treachery. Kindness can be a ploy to fool you into a false sense of security. Remember this lesson. If you survive today in my classroom." He looked to the boy who brought the two bottles over. "Thank you lad." He looked to the two bottles, then the boys.

"Now then, I would like to ask you both to remain as calm as possible. You've both been tricked. The tea you tasted and drank, is poison. The women who prepped the tea is one of the most secretive poison artists of Kumogakure. As you noticed I myself have drank the poison as well. I know not what she put in it. Now, the fun part. One bottle has the cure, the other holds simple tap water mixed with the highest strains of poisons and concoctions that are lethal and will kill you in seconds once ingested. I know not which is which. If you drink both, you'll simply die. One cure can't save you from a multitude of illnesses." He spoke rather calmly, strangely so.

Stroking his beard, relaxed and leaned back. One bottle was small, only a sip could be taken. a cure, or death. The giant jug could be shared between them, but would it save them, or kill them both. "Who wants to drink first?"

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It was a horrible morning, Satou was not happy when the Old man had locked him in the dojo last night. Just because he broke the old mans favorite chair he was punished to a day without meals and such. How incorrigible Would he really think mortal made walls would hold him? F@ck No! He loved punching walls, punching walls and breaking them. To be free, it was a lovely feeling. The cold rush of wind filling the humid muggy room. "Ah, a nice window indeed. Though I know that old bastard is gonna make me fix this later. Screw it! I'm busting out this place!" He chuckled as he strolled off out his room. And of course, he would make fun of the old man for leaving a demon alone to his own devices. So here he was, at the Academy. A nice place, but the lessons the old man teaches were rather harsh and made many more careful in a world full of freaking ninjas.

As the demon kicked down the from door giving no care in the world as he marched on to the dojo room. Simply taring the rice paper door and looking into the room. "Yo! Sup!" He called out to them as he busted through the rest of the door and marched into the room. "Well well....whats the lesson today old man." He looked at the bottles on the table, smirking as he brushes his nose in a cocky manner. "Ooooh the old poison in the tea trick eh? LOVE THIS GAME!" He sits down, joining them as he drinks down three cups. Looking to the other two.

"You two must be new to this."

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Noe seemed to finished his explanation as I arrived, and the man was looking out the window, so I gave a gander as well. However, nothing seemed out of place. Though I wasn't attuned as he was, nor was I looking for a person. In fact, I was looking for some kind of distraction. However the old man seemed to refute his reasons, replacing it with one comment on treachery. If there was one thing I never thought a ninja was, it wasn't treacherous. Then again, I was still young and had a lot of life to live...hopefully. Being so young, I didn't know about the politicking of those who lead our village. How some were more nefarious than others. But no doubt that there would be a time in my life where someone betrayed me somehow. I just hoped when that time came I had the power to kill. Still, that time was far off, I hoped.

"Survive today? Remain Calm?" my first thought before the rest of his words left his orifice. As he moved forward with his confession, a subtle shake resonated in my hands. Nothing terribly visible, but if one paid close enough attention they would notice; even I didn't realize it at the time. "P-poisoned..." I stuttered. Now I understood his little lecture on the serious nature of treachery. he had planned on betraying us all along, betraying two young students as an elder of the village. No, he couldn't do this and get away with it. Could he? "Perhaps this is a test orchestrated by those in the academy. What if this is the genin exam I have been waiting for?" If there was a slight chance this was it, I couldn't fail. I had to remain calm and think rationally.

"He drank it as well, so he must know which is the antidote--" I thought as I looked over to Noe. Poor guy-- first day. "Wait, that means this can't be a genin exam. They wouldn't put him in here with me." I thought, my face draining of blood. Who was this guy... I looked at the small bottle and the large bottle. The tiny thing couldn't hold more than a single swig, and yet the large one held much, for I had brought it over. Naturally one would think the large one would hold it. Unless the old man intended to murder us and save the tiny bottle to save himself...

It was then a man entered, or rather barged his way through the door with an immature hello. From his words, he seemed to have been tested like this before. "Well, he survived... so that means we can." I pondered looking at my options. When he sat down to drink, I raised a hand to stop him but it was too late. "Madness..." I said softly and shook just a bit harder. "Think... I have to believe the small one has the cure. But how would we divide it among us..." I told myself and looked at our cups. A few drops in each? But how could we measure it? But another thing was nagging at me. He could be lying just to see our reactions. I smirked before raising my voice up with an idea.

"I think... we should pour the little bottle and our cups back into the pot. That way we all get the cure evenly."

Ii Hissori

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Well, things certainly seem to have gotten going in a hurry. Noe had soon finished his drink and was pouring himself another one when his blue eyes were drawn to the window. Someone was standing out there. Whoever he was, Noe was quickly put on edge. It was almost like someone had turned on the air conditioner. He soon seemed to disappear from the window, and Noe slowly turned his attention back to the old man.

Again, Noe would just simply nod his head as he looked at the old man again. It felt good getting recognition from him, but the comment about surviving the day almost pushed the new boy over the edge that seeing the tall skinny man had put him. He heard him starting to talk about poisons, and how they were really poisoned, and Noe smirked.

“You are lying.” The strange accented boy said simply. He had remember what Joukuu had told him about this school, and that was not to be fooled by any of the teachers. It seemed to be a thing with these sensei, and Joukuu had even done it to his students himself. With a calm breath, the young boy seemed to calm himself, finishing his second glass of the tea starting to become accustomed by the taste.

“Neither are the antidote, and this tea isn’t poisoned. As a teacher, I have seen and been told that you shinobi are suppose to help us students, and keep us safe, cause as my gaurdain tells us, we are the future of this village. Secondly, if it we really did ingest poison, you would not be so calm, because as you said you don’t know which has the antidote nor what the poison is.” He said looking over towards his friend Zaku and offered him a gentle smile. Noe truly felt like there was no danger in this room at this moment.

”Also, Zaku-san I would not drink that. Has my guardian, Joukuu-senpai has told me on multiple occasions, Sake, and alcohol in general, is a vice that needs to be avoided by shinobi. It impairs a person decision making and reaction time. It also mean, isn’t that the test sensei? To avoid drinking things we know nothing about because of the dangers it might and can cause?” He said as he went to pour himself another drink. Little did he know, but Noe had given a lot about himself away. He had told them that pair that he had talked to a sensei of the village, lived with a guardian, and that guard was named Joukuu. Someone the old man knew very well. It was however, when he felt the same coldness flow over him.

Again, Noe’s stanced changed, the boy had become relaxed and confident since the man had left the window, but now he was tight and rigided. Who is this? Why do I feel this way? Is he a demon? It feels like that way after the ritual in the whole village. This guy has to be a demon…. He though as he moved slowly to rest a hand under the table near one of the kunai that Joukuu had given him and sharpen permanently.

“Hello. Im Noe.” The boy said in his accented voiced shifting a bit closer in a slightly protective manner of the boy named Zaku as he watched the younger man making sure to keep his distant from him. He had all but forgot the little life and death test that the old man had given the pair, because in the mind and eyes of Noe, Satou was the real life and death test.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The Old Man chuckled. He always loved this game. One boy gave in so quickly, his eyes darting between the two bottles yet keeping his exterior without panic. A sign of someone well versed, and even gave forth a quick answer that seemed rather logical. It did make Kotsurugi stroked his long white beard and lean forward. Looking upon Zaku, nodding to him. "You could do that. But who's to say you're not pouring poison into your cup?" He grinned, as he finished with his tea and even looked at the jugs himself. "I can feel.." He tried taking a breath and it was getting more difficult. "I see...Boys, don't panic. The shortness of breath is a part of it." Mention the old man as he began coughing. Patting his chest as he motioned to the young Noe. "There never was any alcohol. But this deadly game is real lad. Is one I play well, to taste life and death. To see how much a Shinobi one really can become." He grinned as he motioned to the two containers. One big, the other small. "One can save you, one can kill you, mix them if you like. Never really thought of trying it. Don't know what may happen. Could be a surprise." He coughed and wheezed as he lightly sweated

Light respiratory problems. All off them began to feel their chests tighten as their lungs feel inflamed and difficult to breath almost. A sudden sharp pain in the chest.

Satou sat quiet, looking away to the far wall, focused so intently, closing his eyes to try breathing, it was too difficult. He drank a bit too much. He could feel his lungs light up and burn. He tried keeping more composure, he could get a few breaths. looking to the boy who sat closest to him. "Noe." His voice carried something, a chill running through the boy. His voice echoing in his mind without him even thinking of it. 'My name is Ketsueki Satou.' Noe could hear him clearly.

Though this was forced on his part, he could not speak. He had to save his breathing. 'Listen, I know this can be freaky and scary. But stay calm. If you pick the wrong one, it'll taste like berry juice. You might even choke a bit. I know the poison and I'll give you and you're friend the Antidote. Ok? Oh and just think out loud, I can hear it. Sorry, not my fault!' He smiled and waited for a reply.

Turning his attention to the old man.
'You know this sort of training and shit is meant for people like us right? You plan on making this last longer then it should? Even if they didn't drink much. You don't know their limitations.'

'This, is to find their limitations. To see how far they would go and what they would do under a life or death situation. It is best they experience this now. Maybe I will teach them more.' The elder spoke within his mind openly to the Demon. Yes, this was rather dangerous, though this was his way. He taught only very few, and his ways. Were rather terrifying.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back