Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Kaenception [Private]

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The glow of Dracospine was nearly blacked out by waves of soot and dust rolling from the center of the calamity. After all of their work, Kaji Okada merely became a witness, much like the fragments of Sunan memories they joined in the battle against Barynx the Ancient. Kaji felt in-place as a mere man in the presence of a god as a Sorceress of the Mind took action, defying all limitations in a blinding display of power and imagination. Kaji raised Dracospine, which summoned a shielding sphere of emeraldine chakra over him, only so he could witness the attack without specks of obsidian shards flying into his eyes or breathed into his lungs. It was inspiring and terrorizing at the same as he watched reality peel, shapeshift, and converge on the colossal monster.

The world was painted in monochrome shades in the aftermath of it all; even the blue woman was gray in the product of her handy work. Kaji let his glowing blade subside once it was obvious the worst of Kaen’s wrath had diminished, besides, what good was it in the presence of the power owned by his lover in this realm? He could have been jealous— lesser men surely would have been, but Kaji was instead glad that they were united by hand and by deed, in this place and out. A bit of honesty left Kaji admitting that he never wanted to draw the ire of Yuii within the theater of the mind: though, he wondered what they might do in this limitless space with a different motivation than interrogation.

He balanced the reverted form of Eelspine flatly over his shoulder and followed closely. Kaji watched diligently as the exchange occurred between Yuii and a battered Kaen, who wandered out from the fallen sandworm. Kaen was hardly balancing himself due to the crippling sting of a gory wound in his side. In his arms swayed a limp, young woman. At first, Kaji had a wild thought that Yuii might smite them and approached him with finality converted into visible energy on the tip of her fingers. Kaen pleaded to her then, asking for help in the time of his crisis as it was his dear sister who was in his arms, dying. However, Yuii became factual and interrupted his misery with a relieving decree that it was indeed time for the nightmares to end. It seemed innocent when she reached out with those glowing fingertips and poked him in the forehead. It was the poke that brought their simulation crumbling down, and all four of them: Kaji, Yuii, Kaen, and Sara, awoke in the Aesculapium, where it all began.

As Kaji regained cognizance, the first thing he felt was the grasp of Yuii's hand in his, or his in her’s, palm to palm, whatever: the familiarity of their togetherness in reality. The clarity he regained was much simpler to achieve than he imagined; there was no nausea or a need to grab at his face and chest to feel real. At first glance, everything felt, looked, and smelled the same. Kaji still didn’t release his grip on Yuii though, and sunk into his seat, making a relieved sigh. Admittedly, things seemed kind of off, but he did not care at first. Kaji stared at the ceiling for a moment before shifting his vision in search of beautiful sapphire eyes. She was his totem, the most real thing he knew. After experiencing the long nightmare within Kaen, Kaji had weathered it all with her, using their new bond as an anchor to persevere. He had words for this bond, and they were on the tip of his tongue, but before he could confess them, Kaen interrupted with an outcry. It was a confession of a different kind, which left Kaji silent and deterred from that illusion of privacy he felt before.

The fires of Kaen’s emotion continued to burn like a blazing barrier— which kept Kaji at bay from the closure he really desired and begged him to focus on Kaen instead. The duo of Kaji and Yuii had gone through a gauntlet within the mind of Kaen, one so extreme that even Sara became victimized by it somehow. They were dragged deep into his abyss, yet they emerged without the secrets they entered it for: ultimately, the experience was for naught, to Kaji. Gradually enraged by the thought, Kaji had to pry himself free from Yuii, barely wanting to loosen himself before he arose from his seat. How could he not be merciful to Kaen now, after experiencing everything that made him who he became? Salty tears were running down his face as he laid there, visibly pathetic to Kaji. It was then that Kaji noticed that the products of the weakness in Kaen were absent— where were the self-inflicted scars of his cursed fire? And it was too easy for Kaji to lean in, hovered over Kaen with a hand resting on the hilt of Eelspine. Where was the pain Kaji felt from the wounds Kaen had inflicted upon him? Curious, Kaji suppressed his anger and realized things for what they were— he looked to Yuii with a greater impression displayed on his face, with the sound of Kaen’s hysteria filling the background. She was truly brilliant, if not twisted.

“Last thing we want is to experience more of your crazed mind” Kaji answered crudely as he took an interrogative stance over Kaen. Now that they were back into reality, he did not feel the need to play along with the mind games— he could really hurt Kaen if needed. He wanted to be gone from that hospital room, to whisk away with Yuii and never look back. “We are more alike than you will ever know, but the end product was different… Had I known what I know of you now back in the arena, it would have been another fight— I would have done everything in my power to put you out of your misery… But that’s not what happened, and you get to walk out of here.” Kaji’s hand did not leave the hilt of Eelspine though, as if he was still in great contemplation, wishing to extinguish what was left of Kaen’s withered flame. “You deserve mercy now... Just tell us about your Mother Suna, and you are free to go.”

Yaku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The limb disintegrated into nothingness as she absorbed what chakra it was made of, though her hopes of taking in the rest of the creature hadn't worked. Though a short distance did separate them, perhaps she had to make physical contact with it to finish it. The thought of suffering another injury to do such didn't seem to justify such righteousness. As she rebuked at the sight of the beast turning towards it, Yuii rushed over and pointed in the direction that the silver light had gone. It sounded like the best idea of the two and she headed forward towards what happened to be Kaji, her savior.

As she made contact with Kaji, the world shifted easily underfoot. She had easily spotted him upon coming to the top of a mound, her eyes piercing the wiping sand. As she ran towards him, movement became swifter, the sand seeming to become more solid, space seeming to shrink. As she got close enough she yelled out to him, "Hey Kaji, it's me. Sara." It might have been a surprise to him, or perhaps he thought her to be an illusion as well. The thought would have been inane, as contact had never been made by herself and Kaen. Though in this situation, silliness of incoherent thought wouldn't have been outlandish. Kaji ignored her for the first moment, then she grabbed hold of his arm. "Wait, wait wait! Yuii sent me here to tell you she needed to..um? Reset or something. She seemed like she had a plan and wanted us to wait in safety!" As she yelled, Yuii's plan was already starting.

Sara felt the heat of the ground as the earth churned and melted below the great beast. Small fires burst wide as anything near the worm was engulfed as well. She held tightly to Kaji, making sure he didn't run off into the fray. He contracted to her will and took his weapon, changing it's form. Sara stayed close, and reduced her barrier, avoiding causing him pain. They watched as stones crushed the beast from above, then from below rock jabbed it's way through the beast. Slowly it sank into the burning ground, and slowed. What was red becoming black and dull instantly. Steam rose into the sky and blanketed the world around them, but force was behind this, creating a gale.

In place of the creature was nothingness now, the world covered in grey. Ash snowed from the sky, and Kaji moved swiftly towards where she had come. Sara followed as well, now seeing all the members of this party, Kaen being in the center of it all. In his arms, a young girl, impaled by the tentacled beast. Tears rolling down his eyes, a host of emotions being the cause. Yuii and Kaji both seemed abhorrent of the behavior, no emotion came from them towards the man, except that of a cold neutrality or disdain. Yuii spoke about having to end the nightmare within the well and touched his face, then darkness..

Bright light overtook her as she fell back, holding onto the orb in her hands tightly. It was no different then normal daylight, and soon enough the pain was accepted. She looked up at the three still on the beds, Kaen in tears, Yuii and Kaji grabbing hold tightly. She tried to make sense of all that happened, assured now that she had been in a genjutsu. Still, she felt the first scene, the creature she had met was more then that, so much more. Why had it pulled her in? Sara put the ball down nearby and checked herself for injuries. The pain as well she felt, it felt real enough, even her skin felt rougher then before. Her aura would have taken care of most anything by then, and her healing helping plenty. She looked up as Kaen started to speak hysterically. She could feel the pain he was in. To him, those events were real. Even now, they occupied his mind completely.

She watched as Kaji got to his feet. He moved closer to Kaen and stood over him, peering down at his strapped down victim. There was a crudeness to his words, a stance of anger as well. She could feel it emanate from him, and his voice in kind as he threatened the man strapped down. He threaten the helpless Kaen as he cried, More then threatening pain, but his life. He even cursed his luck of being able to live. She watched as he placed his hands onto the hilt of his weapon, and Sara was taken back. 'This...this isn't right..something is wrong here.' What was she missing? Did Kaji know more then she about Kaen's situation? Was it the woman in blue? 'Had she twisted Kaji somehow? I know what I saw, and I know what ANBU do to their victims. What are they trying to get from him? Is Yuii behind all this?' She watched the entire event unfold before her. As she watched, she grew more angry at how they were treating him. 'If this is how Kumogakure treated there guests, I wouldn't want to be an enemy.' She had to take a back seat here. Yuii was the law here, though Sara wasn't to sure if she could withstand anymore. 'Perhaps it came to me for help? It didn't want Kaen to be hurt by Yuii, knowing perhaps that was her plan all along?' The more she delved onto the thoughts of what happened, the darker her image of the girl in blue became.

Kagetsu Yuii

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kaji's feelings were the same as her own. After what felt like an eternity in Kaen's living nightmare and their brief separation she wanted nothing more than to find a comfortable place to embrace and console her new found partner. Her patience was worn thin after the disastrous third act of Kaen's memory and she could only hope that Kaji's experiences in the red youth's mind had not been horrid to endure.

The blue haired woman watched on as Kaji and Sara found their bearings. At first, her lover seemed to collect himself, but as he took his first real movements the reality of their situation came to him, Yuii flashed a toothy grin the acknowledge the truth of things. Or perhaps it was the absence of truth. Sadly, she could not voice the oddity of the scene. Removing pain from Kaji had somehow worked on Kaen too and she had no answer why.

"I would like to avoid re-living your nightmares as well," Yuii echoed Kaji, her mouth reforming a grim line as she watched her lover threaten the younger red head. She appeared as drained as she knew she would be, though her mind still rushed with the adrenaline of her earlier show of power. It was hard to return to the mundane after commanding such unrestrained power. "Give it time and the whole experience will fade until you question it was ever real," she reassured the red head and herself.

Yuii circled the table, her head tilted curiously. Prone and helpless as he was, Yuii felt sorry for the young pyro but unfortunately, now wasn't the time for kindness. Her cold hand pressed into the flesh of Kaen's forehead and forced his head back to meet her eye, "But please know, before you tell us everything, that if any of the information you give us is falsified I will put you back in your own nightmares. Minutes can be an eternity in there. You could spend a thousand years at the bottom of that well or watching your sister bleed out before Sunagakure would ever thing to miss you." It wasn't something Yuii wanted to do, but the threat needed to be issued. It was the very definition of 'worse than death."

Kaen's imprisonment to the table had been a matter of necessity but now Yuii saw it as a curiously uncalculated torture in itself. Lawing there strapped down as he was, Kaen was likely to recall his own childhood torture. It bothered her if only because she also saw the child he had been. With a glance to Kaji, she circled around and began to pry away at the restraints. The last thing she needed was for him to burst into flames again.

All the while she ignored the gaze of the youngest of them and whatever it meant.

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The sting of Kaji's crude words fell on ears of desolation. Kaen's body and soul were already weak from glorious battle, his mind now weary from the torment and fury of his own re-lived memories. The grip that Yuii held upon the young Sunan's mind was stronger than he yet realized. Seems the deeper you go, the more unstable it becomes, they were all safe, for now. Kaji inferred that he and Kaen were not so different, yet the final end result varied vastly in comparison. Kaen knew what had went so wrong, what could have gone so right for Kaji? Perhaps the better question is would he have done the same in his own shoes? The smaller female to Kaen's side, the one with the orb, seemed to be in a state of hysteria. Yet... She showed some semblance of compassion for Kaen, perhaps he could use that in the future.

Yuii, resounding Kaji's own words, pressed further towards the nightmarish memories that Kaen held secret till this day. "That's the thing though... These things will never fade with time, they are me, my memories. I can attempt to hide them into the recesses of my mind, but reminders are constant... I cannot afford to forget." Yuii forced his eyes to meet her own, Kaen would listen to her idle threats of eternal suffering... Had she only known... Though the request was made through potentially life threatening words, she would surprise him in the end. Kaen sat up slowly in his bed, nursing wounds that he was too blind and his mind too far weary to notice the inconsistencies. Rubbing his wrists where bands once clasped tight, Kaen would begin to speak softly. His words were directed towards the young lady with the orb.

"I appreciate your thoughts and concerns towards me, but I have done this myself. I have paved out the path before me, a road I was forced upon years ago. These two know the truth now, why and what I am, partially..." Kaen paused a moment to reflect about what he intended on telling them, something even he had yet to fully understand himself. "For My people have forgotten Me, They burn incense to worthless gods And they have stumbled from their ways, From the ancient paths, To walk in bypaths, Not on a highway. I am what I am today not because of what those men turned me into, but for what matters most to me... Love." The root of everything. Every evil, every sin, every kind gesture or words of affirmation. It all stems for a deep seated emotion that can never be forgotten, not the warm embrace and certainly not the sting. What would a person do for love? The better question is what wouldn't they do. Kaen would refocus his attentions towards Kaji, locking eyes with him as he did in the arena."What would you have done if you were me? I fear you would have made the same righteous mistakes as I... For what lengths would any man strive for to attain the affection and comfort of another. To protect that which matters most to them. Kaen would glance quickly towards Yuii and back to Kaji. It was obvious and intentional. Kaen had been partially aware down "there" and witnessed the affectionate sparks between the valiant Kaji and the luminously beauty that was Yuii. "How far down the rabbit hole would you be willing to venture to protect and serve something so dear to ones own heart?" What at first glance may have seemed to be a counter threat to all this, but actually held a deeper meaning and would explain the causality of everything that was Kaen. He would pause to allow Kaji to respond, should he choose too.

Kaen would turn his head to look Yuii in the eyes, those deep pools of sapphire spheres of wonder. "You wish to know everything, but would you even understand? Very well... I will put it as bluntly as I can... Kaen stared down at the floor now, avoiding the gaze of anyone. He was ashamed of what sacrifices he had to make, but in the end he felt it justified to serve the greater purpose. "You saw what they did to me all those years ago. I am the amalgamation result of their experiments. Not human and not quite the other. I was unaware of what the "other" was until recently. I only knew the power that came with it, and for me that was enough. At least until the day Kasen was nearly lost to me. You both saw it, the wyrm Barynx. It pierced Kasen and sent her down a desolate path of pain and suffering that I could barely stand to witness. I had failed to protect her just as I had done the day we were taken. I failed to shield her from the tortures of that place. I had been nothing but a failure to her and I couldn't stand it. There was something that needed to be done... Kaen took a moment to gather his composure, there was no other soul on this planet that knew of what he would tell them, not even his own sister Kasen.

"There came a day where I was on a mission to seek out a distress signal from a distant outpost. But when my team and I arrived, everyone was slaughtered. We soon discovered the source and they too were decimated. I was spared, however. The being saw something in me that resonated with herself somehow. This being would become known to be simply as "Suna". He dared not tell them her true name, but If Yuii was truly as powerful as she claimed to be, he could not attempt to lie. And since withholding a name isn't lying and no request was made, he felt he was in the clear. "She unlocked something within me, a deep seated, dormant power that was abruptly awakened. The resulting overflow of power was too much for my current state of body and mind to comprehend and I was sent into a berserk like state and the battle begun. I cannot recall exactly what happened, but I was defeated, rather easily. Something that powerful is not something to trifle with." As long winded as his words may have seemed, every word was important and necessary for them to fully understand what they were dealing with.

I awoke inside a hotel bathroom, my clothes tattered and scorched. I was left to soak in a tub filled with water. I exited and there she was in all her marvel. Something so sleek and slender held so much untold power, the likes of which I had never felt before in my life. She explained what I was and what I was to become. An Ancient..." The word slid off his tongue with such ease it was frightening. Would they even know what that was? He didn't, not until she explained it. The greater details again were left out, but not necessary for them to get the answer they wanted. "She gave me so much that day that I could never hope to repay her. I still do not fully understand the lengths and full capabilities of the power she bestowed upon me that day. But I whole heartily believe I have the strength I need to protect the thing that matters most to me, Kasen. Love was a strange thing really. It can change a man entirely for the good or worse. It was just too bad that it had to change Kaen the way it had. "You want to know who Mother Suna is? Fine. She is the queen of all the ancients and has such great power that I believe her to be none other than a goddess in mortal form. She has taught me to become something better than mundane. It might appear that I'm just another religious nut, but the praise I sing to her is not out of context. She has opened my eyes to the world and realized something in me that I could never had hoped to attain on my own. For that I am ever grateful and forever in her servitude, till the day she dies. If it was in her power to bestow unto me such great capability, one can only imagine the deep pools of unkempt power she holds in store for herself. What other than a god could posses such power..." To Kaen, Mother Suna was his governing queen, royalty above all other courts of the Ancients. The hierarchy spanned ages back to the dawn of man, even she was there and beyond. With no other court lords to step in, she was all that remained.

[OOC MFT]

[If you guys would like a clearer picture of these events, you can find them (Here)and also (Here) they are in order]

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
If not for their shared common tongue, Kaen’s harangue about being the victim of his design and lost love could have been compared to the song of a caged bird. The ash and embers of Mother Suna’s vassal have been wiped away; the toughness was removed in favor of this tortured soul. He seemed to be the big heart that barely fit in the tiny room with his straps seeming to unfairly restrict his blood flow. Suddenly, the sob story made him into a victim on every level he could create, but Kaji stood as unmoved and enduring as the Torre Celeste.

Kaen made his way through the room, directing the attention of his lecture from one to another until he set his eyes upon Kaji exceptionally. He sought to challenge Kaji morally— daring to ask how far he might go for someone he loved. His affection for her was still new to him, but he admittedly did feel something special for her, especially after their unique, shared experience. “I always tell my students that shinobi are defined by what they fight for— never by the depths they would delve to win that fight. ‘You were a victim to your cause way before you knew how to fight for it. It was Kasen who gave you strength, never the monster you were made into… but the moment you let the will of the monster within take control, you have succumbed to weakness.” To Kaji love and devotion were not depths to dive for, instead, they were a height to rise for.

And as Kaji was beginning to understand the nature conflicting within Kaen, the vassal went on to explain the final link of his mysterious origin: the cultish ways of Suna. His benefactor appeared to have a following to some degree: perhaps Kaen was not the only one to have his powers “awakened” by the Mother Suna. “What is an Ancient but a demon masquerading by another name? ‘Pretending to be great or noble when, in truth, your power is entirely self-destructive. Nothing is more ancient than evil.” The memory of their battle was still so fresh, even if they weren’t burned in this constructed reality. “When I found you in the arena— there was no will to protect Kasen, only bloodlust. I could sense the evil pouring out from you, and when you summoned your Harbinger, I was certain of just how foul the Mother Suna was.”

Finally, Kaji took his hand off the hilt of Eelspine. It seemed as if they had everything they needed, so the threatening pose was longer a necessity. Whatever info they retrieved from here would be more like bonus points. “What you perceive as a blessing from Mother Suna is nothing more than a delusion… You have been cursed and infested with demonic energy: and your only way of surviving has been to serve it's will. How do you expect to protect Kasen like this? Open your eyes— you are a servant to schemes much greater than you comprehend, Kaen.” Kaji’s speculation was intensifying as he truly considered the key words he sifted out of Kaen’s testimony. “I imagine you’re not the only ancient she has awakened… How many more of you are there?”

Yaku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
She listened to what was said, and all of it didn't sit right. It sounded as if his sister was alive still. It appeared otherwise, he even felt the pain of what she thought was her death in his eyes. No, she was alive. What else was he saying? He choose to have the creature put inside of him, the 'Ancient' or whatever? He chose this path willingly, and for what, a horrifying definition of love? 'What lengths would any man strive for to attain the affection and comfort of another..' That didn't seem to fit her convention of affection or a comfort she would ever seek. That sounded like perversion, a sycophants methods of control to get what is something else that is wanted. Is that what his sister was to him? She didn't have any brothers and sisters, but she didn't see her mother or father having ever wanted such. Would ever want such.

It was perturbing, what she was hearing. And it was above all else, beyond her understanding. It must have been a guy thing, this need to protect those you 'love'. Even more so by any means, including bastardizing yourself. To her, it was a deplorable act. Even worse so, he believed in it fully, so deeply, his reason for being absorbed in his path. Whom ever had intoxicated his mind with such grandeur, power above all else for I, wasn't someone whom deserved to be left unchecked. What was worse, they might have done this to others. Using peoples weaknesses, to drown them into their way of thinking. This wasn't a gods doing. She had met other gods, and none felt a need to initiate others into their orders, let alone humans. Most gods were assholes who saw themselves as more powerful, and others as below them. Even the few others that were what could be considered nice or neutral, willing and wanting to help as long as it followed their path were lonely soldiers. Whomever this..this 'Mother Suna' was, she was no god, that was certain.

Sara dropped the orb onto the ground, letting it slam in a thud. She wasn't sure now what was truly happening. What she witnessed, within the arena, was just a fighting session that got out of hand. It wasn't something unusual to the sight, fighters going to there limits. She saw very little difference from Kaen's actions and Kaji's. Though between then and now, the other two in the room felt it was more then that. What did they see to make them question him so? Was it a power to grand? Kaji had won the fight, so it wasn't that outstanding. They hadn't she seen it that way, why?

She was losing her faith in Kaen, now seeing what Kaji and Yuii saw, yet still couldn't grasp something. Power was a great influence, even she wanted it. To protect herself from things that were so unnatural, no. Not necessarily unnatural. The creature that attacked Iwagakure, that was natural. The demon she faced wasn't. The creature clad in light..unknown. Even the blue fox appeared stronger then comprehension at the time. That is what she wanted strength for. But she didn't want another to take the fall for her. Kaen, he wanted, no no. He didn't want it. His sister? This 'Ancient'? They are the ones that wanted it? She wasn't sure, perhaps that is what bothered her now.

Something was controlling Kaen, that much was certain, and Kaji and Yuii knew something about it. The young girl didn't see Kaen anymore as an innocent, nor did she see him as a victim. She wasn't sure if he wished death onto others, or would even cause it, after all, "He fought in the arena, not in the streets. I don't understand why this man is being detained or questioned so thoroughly. Obviously something is...Controlling him. This Ancient known as..Suna? Like the village? Or.. Sand? He isn't stable but I would be hard pressed to say he is a danger to others. Though I...um..", Sara coughed as she caught herself.

To her, it seemed appropriate to question what they planned to do with him. Though, as soon as she said it, she knew it wasn't her place. This wasn't her village, she didn't fully know the laws of this land. Hell, she barely grasped the ones of Konoha. Though given he wasn't from this country, she felt he was being unjustly punished. That being said, she did wonder, why wasn't Kaji being held as a responsible party as well? Even prior, their didn't seem to be any question to his innocents. She looked at the floor, but focused on Yuii using her all seeing vision. She knew the woman in blue had a hold over Kaji in some manner, but she wasn't sure the extent of it. She tried to analyze that now, while still focusing at the matter at hand as well.

Kagetsu Yuii

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kaji had his questions, and as promised Kaen was ripe with answers. Yuii listened on, silent of her own opinion on Kaen's moral choices. She had seen men who went through less make worse choices, and the red head was still young. It was easy to blame the man for falling to temptation when it had been almost forced upon him but the truth was that very few had the mental fortitude and confidence to deny the easy power. It was the evil that had tampered with his humanity that needed to be their focus, along with making sure Kaen could hurt no one else. They could not forget that he had nearly injured the innocent and that he had summoned something sinister in the heart of Kumogakure. She could not help but feel bad for Kaen's sister Kasen. The little girl that she now knew as intimately as in her youth as Kaen, at least while they remained in the dream, might be disappointed to find out what her brother had submitted to. He used her to excuse his own shortcomings and ultimately placed the blame on needing to protect her. There were few Kunoichi that would stand for such an insult to their personal strength.

Yuii sought out her chair and sank into the hard cushions. Attacking the Wyrm had been a simple force of will. Pulling Kaen back out of the dark well of his memories to a safe space had left her as drained as any intense training session. And still, her work was not done; she couldn't let them know how weak she felt. "He's right, you know." she spoke in Kaens direction, masking her exhaustion with a bored stare, "None of us is perfect, and all of us seek power, but what we do with it is what defines us as good or bad. What you did in the arena, and what you might have done to an opponent weaker than Kaji, is why we're here."

Sara still seemed to be upset, and there was a real temptation to continue ignoring her. She wasn't meant to be there, after all, and reassuring people or explaining her motives were not Yuii's strong points. Yuii turned and cocked her head at their confused medic thoughtfully. Sweet summer child and Raiden's thumbs, she was worried about Kaen. "Because he went berserk during an exhibition match in the name of his Mother Suna. Because he summoned a demonic presence within the walls of Kumogakure where we do not tolerate such creatures to touch upon our soils. Because his errant in the berserk mode nearly harmed innocents in the stands. Because he is not the first visitor from Sunagakure to lose his sanity during a battle in Kumogakure. And because we need to know of his heretical goddess to be prepared and aware of the dangers outside our walls. We are here to gain answers, little medic, as we of the north can not tolerate threats to us within our outside borders. Our caution is why our country flourishes." The entire explanation was snapped with irritation and impatience.

She let her exasperation fuel her. She sought out Kaji with her eyes to see if he was satisfied with Kaen's answers. "Moral objections aside, this power your mother Suna unlocked is what drove you, ultimately, to commit those crimes is it not? I am starting to understand why we had such a division of opinions on the type of person you are." Neither had been wrong. Mother Suna had unlocked something dark in Kaen and that was the psychopath Kaji had fought and Sara had maybe met. The person they spoke to now, the person who cradled a tiny fawn and the person cared for his sister was the youth Yuii knew. It was a relief but also made her regret what she was beginning to see as the only outcome of their talk.

"Why did you enter Kumogakure's arena?" Had he wanted to test his 'god given' strength against a foreign nation? Was there a bloodlust that drove him to seek our combat? Or had he just been a stupid boy unaware that he would be consumed by his own strength? "Did you not think it would end poorly?"

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Kaen would laugh and shake his head. Kaji was quick to make assumptions without all the facts. True, to someone who only read the first couple of pages of a book and assumed to know the ending, an ancient might appear to be a demon. It was true that Kasen gave him the strength, the will to go on after years of torture. But sometimes the emotional bond of sibling love isnt enough. There is a fine line where actual power transcends simply hoping and trying your best. "Seeing things from another's point of view help you to understand why people act the way they do. We often are quick to judge and assume without having all the facts. One's circumstances cause us to act the way we do, make the decisions that we make. Something to keep in mind before making a final call on who a person is..." Kaji had struck a cord with Kaen. While he might have watched the stages of his early life, he wasn't actually there. He didn't have to undergo any of that, make any of the choices he had to. Though Kaen himself knew nothing of Kaji, whom had said their lives were not so different. More research would be needed, Kaen himself was unfit to judge Kaji.

Kaji released the hilt of his silvery blade, his posture changed and his demeanor was more relaxed. He began to talk of demonic ilk, a curse upon his soul. Kaen was starting to become irritated. Kaji still continued to point the finger, assuming the fiery template before him could be none other than a demon spirit. Why must everyone assume that fire is somehow related to the demon spawn of hell. Kaen buried his head into his hands and gripped the ends of his hair. His breathing picked up and his temperature rose. He tried to remain calm, but it was difficult given his... nature. Perhaps talking through it could help, relieve the tension. Maybe if he tried to explain they might finally understand? "The thing you don't understand is that the curse was there all along. You were there, down there. You saw my origin story. I was cursed the moment I took my first breath! What's more is what they did to me in that place, they fucked me up inside, changed me from a simple human into... into this MONSTER, a demon as you say. They got it wrong, all wrong. Suna found me, helped me to set my evolutionary train back onto the tracks and guide me to ascension. I am more than human now, more ancient than anything. I am but a fledgling to the world of Ancients. Everything about this is so new to me, the emotions, the urges and instincts. They are strong.... so strong. Primal even. But that is what the Ancients are, you see..." Kaen trailed off a bit, calming down as he dug into his memories of what Shiori had told him that day. She had told him so little, yet so much. It had only been perhaps a few weeks since the day she left him that day. Perhaps it was best they never got so far as to view that memory. He could keep her safe a while longer...

Still the questions came in, they wanted to know more. What else could he really do but oblige, after all he still felt imprisoned here somehow. Sure Kaji said he could be free to walk out, but Kaen had a sinking feeling he wasn't going home any time soon. The information they could gain would serve them little purpose in the end, surely they weren't going to travel to Sunagakure on a witch hunt. The didn't even know her true name or where to find her. Kaen himself would probably have difficulty tracking her down. "How many? I don't know, more than her and I, that's for sure. All I was told that our kind were scattered to the four winds. I wouldn't be surprised if you had one or two hiding within your village as we speak. Perhaps a lesson in Ancients 101 might satisfy you, Kaji... They are named as such for what ancient stands for. Mother Suna for example is incredibly old. She was there, back when Humans first began to rise into creation. You see Ancients are less "demonic" and more naturistic. As with humans, there are different races. You only know of one, me.
As far as I know, I'm the last of my kind. Not even a full Ancient even. But the tenancies are still present, too strong to be overwritten by human nature. Myself, for example, hail from the Court of Flame. What I can tell you about them is that they were valiant fighters, each and every one. They relished the heat of battle like many would orgasmic bliss. They craved battle, it was more than desire or even addiction, it was a compulsion for them. It made them violent and unpredictable. It also made them powerful as they subjugated and drove off the weaker races, tribes and courts. The Flame Court were firm believers of the first law of nature; Survival of the fittest.
Kaen took a moment to collect his thoughts. Spewing out so much raw data would take time for them to process, if they were even buying it...

"Ancients preceded man by well over a millennia and came after a time of gods. The first Ancients, such as Suna all came from the elements themselves, raw and unadulterated. Earth, Fire, Darkness, Sky...
you name it. The sea and the storm, the plants and the heart, they all had life in wind country and it was through this spontaneous creation of life they were born without mothers and immediately at odds with the titans that came before them. They destroyed the beings that came before them and those lands became their kingdom. That was until the first men came. They came from lands outside of the Ancient's borders or they believed they had. Insufferably weak but numerous they became laborers, servants and gladiators for the varied courts. Some humans on rare occasion were even welcomed and treated as fellow Ancients but such was rare during those times. It was then that they discovered what humans were, that they had something the Ancients lacked. Their soul... their essence was very much unlike their own and it empowered them. So they... they ate their fill. They ate to excess, Lords such as Homura of the Flame court, my ancestor and Mother Suna herself, Lord of the Earth court.
The hard truth had came out, would they still let him be free now? Surely not. Ancients consumed the souls of humans for what, nutrition? No, to gain what they lacked inside. "Eventually there was an uprising, it was not the first but it would prove to be the last. Led by a former slave from my Court -- Primus, he rallied the nomadic tribes that were not under the Ancient's rule as well as the slaves of the Solar and Flame Court as well as several lesser known Courts and declared war. They were losing until Godsfall where Primus brazingly called upon Lord Fuujin and Lord Homura to fight him in a two-on-one battle that he boasted would forever end this war. Primus mortally wounded Homura and Fuujin both and although Primus too died from grievous wounds inflicted onto him with the death of the two most powerful Ancients to have ever lived by a single hand, the tribes of men rallied and the trepidation of the warring Ancients caused their bones to quake. As the Ancients fled, the tribes of man took most of them. Those that survived the battle that day were subsequently hunted by human Rangers, an early Order fostered by humans for primarily game hunting that eventually specialized to become an order that hunted all matter of creature including Ancients and even allegedly supernatural beasts. They eventually turned on neutral courts such as the Earth Court and the Deep Court, eradicating what was left of the Ancient race doing so." The History lesson was nearly complete, Hopefully they weren't falling asleep. Kaen himself was amazed to learn all this, when he did.

"Ancients can be identified by their aura, mine is pretty obvious... The Fire Court was one of the three Great Courts in Wind Country -- Flame, Earth and Solar. The denizens of all three have been hunted to extinction, Save myself and Suna. As for the other courts, they resided in nearby countries, such as your own. So you see, It is not a demon that controls my actions, but my very nature. Just as humans are drawn to seek out love, laughter and the like. Though Humans are flawed, man is the only creature who refuses to be what he is. Out of everything in this world, they are the most detrimental to nature. Everything seems to hold a certain balance in nature, but they are... nevermind. Kaen had begun to ramble off for a moment, he shook his head and regained his composure and continued with answering their questions. The reason I entered that arena was to sate my nature, of course. I thought it better to gain the consent of a willing participant rather than blowing up a market down town. I am not evil, however you might see it. I am just different, but there are still remnants of human nature in me, a kind heart if you will. Blue eyes here has seen it, why "demon" would care for a little fawn? So you see, kaji... I don't want to set the world on fire." Kaen would sit back in his bed and wait for their final judgment. Would he be free to go, or would he be kept a prisoner like all those years ago...

[OOC MFT]

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The die was already cast.

Two of the three witnesses in the room were already decided, perhaps with Sara being the third wheel— she was the only one confused as to why the others were so critical of Kaen. He was surprisingly long-winded as he went on to elaborate about himself, what he felt it meant to be an Ancient, and just how wrong Kaji was about him. In truth, Kaji and Yuii could file their reports on the incident, which were more like statements than analysis, but ultimately the powers that be in The Hidden Cloud would treat Kaen how they saw fit. If not for Kaji, Kaen would have made someone into the victim of his insatiable craving for battle that fateful day, as that was the nature of his Flame Court.

“This is going to make for one hell of a snapshot,” Kaji said suddenly, seeming detached from Kaen’s paradoxical existence. The sum of this experience had been the need for information, and that was now something he and Yuii had in spades. Kaji Okada truly wanted nothing more than to end the cycle of the conversation he felt trapped in with this madman— it was an illusion of grandeur placed on Kaen to drive him to these lengths, talks of ancients orders and primal powers… still all ornamental euphemisms for his devilish curse. “I really think that’s enough… are you finished, or are you done?” As far as Kaji was concerned, they had devoted more than enough time and energy wading through the recesses of Kaen’s mind, trying to sort up from down, and wrong from right. It was all information gained in case the Sunans ever turned their aim on the Leaf or Cloud: surely, the intel they obtained from Kaen would be vital then. But until that day came, this interrogation was merely a precaution.

“I might have spoken too soon in saying you could walk— that was an oversight I really have no say in, but hope you find some salvation in whatever lies ahead for you, Kaen.” With the intel Kaen shared, it was obvious that the ANBU would probably hold Kaen for an extended period, even if Kaji or Yuii put in a good word for him. “As for the dream, I think we call pull on out of here. ‘Aye Blue?” Kaji turned away from Kaen and looked to Yuii and Sara with a sense of peace taking over him. “Think it’s time we wake up? I have no idea how long we’ve been under, or when Sara got in here. Maybe some lunch is in order if it's not too late out. I’m famished, and there's a place not far from here that has the best carbonara in the village.”

Yaku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kaen was nuts, Kumogakure was nuts. His rant was disturbing, and that was most certainly an understatement. He did that thing that was stereotypical of the evil mastermind in movies. The spiel about all their evil plans, and why they followed it, and why it was so great, and how everyone else was bad. Kaen hadn't seemed like that bad a man, right until he accepted his Ancient as being himself, and humans were...not good? Something like that. It wasn't going to be a good ending for him, she could see that. Ever more so after Yuii presented what they were blaming him for. Apparently summoning something evil looking was bad. She still had some problems with the things she said, but it was to late for Kaen now, she still felt she had to say it.

"Okay, so demons or other things like that are bad! And his religions is too! Guess it goes against the religion of Kumogakure, I...ya. But the part about how another another Sunagakure member did something bad shouldn't be used to label them all? I mean, just don't let them in if you feel that way but...What if a member from Konoha did something...something to you.. I..don't know what but lets say one of us did. Would you expect me to automatically do the same? Join in just because..Lets say Kaji may have done something. I mean, blaming him for something another had done, is a little cruel! I can understand if he did it in the name of the Wind Country, nor Sunagakure, but..Well..Kaen is obviously a religious fanatic, but he isn't doing what he did in the name of Sunagakure! Obviously he isn't! Maybe they too have problems with this same group! Have you tried contacting them about it?"

Sara stepped way beyond her allowance, but she didn't care. Political bullshit was well out of her league of understanding. Though she did have one understanding. If they were their to make peace with Kumogakure, then that might soon enough mean they would join them in their battles. And it almost sounded like Yuii was prepared to go to war with Sunagakure over the righteousness of a fanatical religious group that just so happened to call Wind Country home.

Kaji didn't seem to interested in the remainder, and was more set to get the hell out of the place. He seemed to be trying to quell the anger in the room by separating them, and it was probably a very diplomatic move. Sara waited a moment to see if Yuii would respond and if not she would leave the room first. She would have to watch her step in Kumogakure for now, it seemed they weren't as friendly or tolerant as they appeared. And with her ability to see gods and even summon them, she could be in a similar boat as Kaen if anyone found that out.

Kagetsu Yuii

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yuii blinked like a newly awakened owl as Kaen flooded them with more information than they had ever asked for. It was almost suspicious. She was a true believer in filling conversations with trivial information. Verbal silence made others feel like you were hiding something, but talk too much about candy or the cold weather and the untrained never suspected a thing. As long as one was not obvious, or laid the groundwork for being talkative it was easy as her aunts famous pressed chicken Panini. Kaen, as far as she could tell, was not using that particular technique.

Every word he spewed in a juvenile attempt to explain his actions and nature was truth to him. Yuii could not read the truth from lies, even here, but the mind often betrayed lies and doubts when they did not know how to control it; there was no sign of that here either. Her brows furrowed, and Yuii scratched absently at her cheek as far more about the ancients was revealed to them than ever expected. It was as if the dam to Kaen's mind had been opened through his mouth and nothing now could be done to stop his torrent of words that spilled loose. Ancient species, old courts, feeding on humans; It was all there for their taking. Yuii almost felt bad about how she knew the future would play out since Kaen was being so cooperative. Maybe they hadn't needed to go digging up all his old childhood pain, maybe they had only needed to ask.

And despite everything Kaen told them, Sara was still questioning Kaji and Yuii's motives.

With a small prayer for patience, that Yuii normally reserved for her youngest and thickest students, she turned her full body to give Sara her fullest attention. "You're an interesting medic, little one, most I know would be drooling to study someone who claimed not to be human," Yuii answered, her large blue eyes fixing on Sara as she tried to decide what naivety drove her to question their well-informed decision. Yukata-chan wasn't like this, even with his youth, nor the Catman and all of the other medics she had ever met. Even the toad summoner had been fired to delve into Kaen's mind. It earned just enough respect Yuii didn't snap the rest of her words out like she was speaking to a naughty child, "Raiden has no doctrine for or against demons, we his disciples do. When the peoples of an entire village sit on your shoulders, even the smallest connections must be explored. If we contact Suna or not; if we release him or not; if there are connections or not; I will not be deciding any of this on my own." She wrung her hands and began to fret. Not because of Sara or her opinions, no, her opinion didn't matter much to Yuii, but because she had put into words what they knew would happen next.

Kaji called an abrupt end to Kaen's information and disengaged himself from the redhead. It did seem like he had volunteered everything they needed to know. Part of Yuii wished he had stretched out giving information so that they could linger in the quiet dream world. It would not be a happy future for Kaen, as everything he had volunteered was certain to make him Kumogakure's prisoner for at least the short term and it seemed bitter sweet to end on pulling the curtain back. "I'll do my best for him, but I'm afraid I've already pressed upon Kumogakure's structure and procedures enough by insisting I carry out this interrogation. There is only so much I can do as Sennin of the Main Branch when ultimately a medical chief would have been assigned this matter by the normal procedure," she rambled needlessly as Kaji seemed indifferent about Kaen's future. Whether it his way of coping with all they had seen and done or if he really didn't care was yet to be seen and didn't really matter.

Talk of carbonara made Yuii giggle, if only for its ridiculousness after everything they had gone through. She slipped from her chair and gave Kaji's arm a fond pat- all she could manage now that there were eyes on them, It felt as if a decade had passed since entering the dream, yet, she knew it had gone by in less than an hours time. If Kaji was hungry, that his physical body must have been too, "Sadly, Inamorato, I think you'll be needing a bed and real sleep once everything has been reported. I'll see if it can't be delivered once you're well rested." Perhaps he had forgotten the burns Yuii had helpfully omitted in this world, or how full their day had already been. There was much more to come with the reports that she would need to file, and explanations that would need verbal delivery. It was a shame when all she wanted to do was fuss over Kaji's state.

There was no point letting the dream linger now that Kaji had drawn attention to it. The entire scene 'popped' at the snap of her fingers like a child's balloon. Once it was gone it was hard to recall at all "Wake up the girl first. She isn't directly connected to the dream so I can't rouse her myself. Once she's out safely I'll end it completely " Yuii directed Kaji. A second later he too would burst to nothing. There was an awkward moment as Kaji no doubt worked out a way to wake up Sara. Yuii peered cautiously between her and Kaen as if expecting trouble from both. It was one last moment to address their target as well, "I don't expect to be thanked, Kaen, but this was all I could ever do for you, you know? It wasn't my intention to make you relive the horrors of your past. Your pain was just sitting right there on the surface waiting to be shared with the first person that reached out," she grimaced at the thought of Kaen's memories, not wanting to revisit even the thought of them so soon, "I could have torn the information from your mind, forced to into the memories we wanted, left you damaged and hollow. It would have been so much faster and so much easier on us but the good person I met didn't deserve that. That is what it means to have horrifying power and use it for good, and maybe while you're sitting in your cell you ought to reflect on who you want to be."

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
A pit in his stomach formed as the words so easily slipped out of her lips, they echoed upon despondent ears causing a chain reaction within Kaen that he would not soon forget. They had lied to him, about releasing him. Like a naïve child he fell for their silly trickery, hook line and sinker. Kaen's eyes would dilate and become relaxed as he heard the words. So to would his body follow in a slump of depression. A look of utter defeat washed over his face, he had no words. What else was there to say really? He had told them everything, for the most part, and yet they still decide to hold him captive. The world around him grayed and become dull, Kaen's senses void of feeling.

A few moments later and the world around him came crashing down and he would awake in his original position. With a slight wheeze Kaen would laugh quietly. How clever, a dream within a dream... This Yuii was truly a mastermind and not one he would provoke in the future. Kaen's pain came flooding back to his senses having no longer been contained by Yuii's genjutsu. He cringed but it passed, his thoughts focused on his impending imprisonment. With a wheeze forced through charred lungs, Kaen would bid them one last farewell. "For what it's worth, Sara. I appreciate the empathy. I bid you no ill feelings. Yuii... You are truly amazing, I will heed your warnings, having my brain erased doesn't sound exactly exciting." Kaen would take in another labored breath and lock eyes with Kaji. "Know this... There will come a day where we meet again, for better or worse. But..." Kaen was slightly embarrassed, admitting his faults was not something he took pride in. "You are indeed... Strong enough." And with that, Kaen would relax and let his head sink into his pillow as he awaited judgment. The future is so uncertain, but when nothing is sure, anything is possible...

[OOC sorry for the short post, not much else to write. Thank you all so much for a super fun thread. I look forward to any chances of future RP together. Exiting thread/topic]

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
His pair of olive eyes opened wide and he felt the pressure welling up in them as the bright light of the operating room flooded his vision. All the feeling came back to Kaji Okada so suddenly that he knew that this had to be real. There was a pain in the deep layers of his right-side below where Bhelzira’s healing salve was effective. Every move came with sensations of aggravating aching and numbness on varying levels. Within that room, everything was as he remembered it, even the scents of charred flesh and the heavy doses of healing ointment beneath his bandages.

Kaji was the first to wake. His hand was still with Yuii's and he took it away so fragilely as if she were so delicate that she might have shattered if he hurried. Yuii was still fast asleep, of course, most-likely snapping out of at any moment, or so Kaji figured. So he took a hold of his crutch, balanced it, and climbed up to his feet to jostle Sara awake instead, as Yuii insisted of him. The young medic was strangely slumped over the side of the bed, perpendicular from Kaen in a pose which suggested she simply fainted and fell there. Kaji had to hobble his way around the bed to see her, and he set aside the bothersome crutch so he could pull the sleeping child away from Kaen. Sara was a featherweight in his grasp and seemingly still in a deep slumber at first. “Come on kid, snap out of it” Kaji said as managed to sit Sara up and support her on the bed near the foot of it. He had one arm wrapped around her, and with a free hand, he tapped her collar to begin sending a disrupting shot of chakra into her— the standard genjutsu disruption procedure.

After that infusion of chakra, some gentle prodding, and a few soft smack on her cheek, Kaji found himself concerned that Sara wasn’t awakening right away. After her strong argument within the dream, perhaps Sara refused to snap out of it so quickly, and was still within with Yuii and Kaen… All of his speculation nearly led Kaji to greater conclusions, though he didn’t expect Kaen to be up to anything at this stage. With Kaen, Sara, and Yuii all still asleep, putting a permanent to Kaen would have been so simple… a brief vision of swinging Eelspine came to mind and the crimson streak that would follow… everything turned red, with the blue woman and the silver-eyed girl awakening to the aftermath. The idea of it was a bit too easy to imagine for Kaji, but he continued to shake the girl instead, wishing she or Yuii might join him to break the disturbing silence in that room.

Yaku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The unknown in the room balked at the turn of events. "Dammit you demon..." He wasn't happy at all. "Damn blue haired witch.." He walked back towards the orb, looking deeply into it. Displeasure at the quickness of the churning tides that was life within this world. He didn't expect for the red haired child to turn and spill all he had so quickly within the spirit world that the girl created. She was wise and keen on the understanding of how the mind of people worked. Or at least of this child's mind. "If they had gone deeper, this might have gone much better for them, and less so for him." He turned around to Kaen and walked towards his slumped body. His hand slowly raised up. His hand cupped slightly as he started at his chest and reached for his neck. He should wring the life out of the man, perhaps that would allow for all those presents safety in the long run. Just as his hands were going to slide around the softness that was the skin below, he stopped again. He looked at the face of Kaen. Looked him dead in his lifeless eyes under his mask and pulled his hand away slowly.

It was to late, not even that would save the child now. Though a new thought did come to mind. He touched the face of Kaen and chakra lit upon his face and entered through the sockets of his eyes. "Unholy of creatures, you were victorious today. This boy on the other hand wasn't. Not from what is to come. And that girl...she too is now one of many unfortunate victims of yours. But!...She isn't lost, not just yet. For if you are the evil that would drive this red haired child into the depths of chaos, she will be the good that fights you back. She is under the protection of the gods, and so too is a small part of this boy. Perhaps, she can spare even just a small part of him from your unholy ravages dealt upon his soul by you."

The job was done, the deal was sealed so to say. Sara would be safe for the time being. As safe as she could be given the unfortunate turn. She would be kept safe from that unholy demon, but not from Kaen himself. Yet, he would also not be kept safe from her. Perhaps with time, she would defeat the creature within. Even so, it wouldn't matter in the very end. If this child should die, she would be kept safe, well outside the reaches of man unfortunately. Time was fickle to gods, so in truth she might not be of this world if it should come to such, at least she would have a shot left. That is, as long as no one tampered to deeply within the child. He had come to transfer a soul this day, and though he wouldn't be taking it with him, a soul was moved. Life was taken, and given, yet the world wasn't in balance. That was lost this day. But, as a balance moves in one direction, it too moves in the other.

Sara listened to Yuii's words, still it hadn't sat right. She understood it wouldn't be the diction of one that would decide Kaen's fate, but one could make the difference if indifferent enough. And still that feeling felt skewed. She kept quite as the world vanished around them. She knew they were still within a false world, but she hadn't understood why fully till Kaen spilled the beans. And as he realized his mistake, and with Yuii's admittance that this was for his benefit, she still felt he was being played in every manner from every thing within his world. She felt Yuii had missed the big picture of Kaen's world, and it would be left to her own to make any attempt to help him. But Kumogakure wasn't a safe place, even for her. She wasn't sure what could be done on her end, but for now, she would have to watch the world churn and sway, and keep her legs beneath.

Slowly the curtain fell, the world grew black and she knew something was about to happen. She was about to leave the plane she had been on and moved to another, though....what came upon her wasn't the desired one. The world had gone grey mostly, some white mist and blacks with blues mixed in. The world felt...real? She was no longer in a genjutsu. She concentrated for a moment, looking at the full world around her. Every direction, nothing. Above and below the same. Yet she knew she stood on a surface, and the sky had depth to it, yet appeared endless. Even the other directions had a similar feeling. She closed her eyes for a moment, and before her appeared the hospital room. The world seemed dim and dry. A feeling of hopelessness ate at her core. Pain coursed, breathing seemed difficult. The a feeling of anger, not rage, but..an unkempt hostile knowledge that chance still stood? Words could be heard, more of an echo then clarity. She opened her eyes and she was back. No, not in the world she was accustomed to. The bleakness of that grayish nothingness. She looked up again, and saw a dark outline. It stretched wide, and seemed slightly familiar. She searched her memory but couldn't find the answer. She had an idea, but lacked the want to believe such. She didn't want to think such a thing. Who would? She was speechless, dumbfounded and a twinge of insanity was tossed within. Time was not a friend here, and deep down, she knew shit had hit the fan.

Ōkuninushi placed a seed on the floor and within moments, vines crew out and took form. Slowly the form of a little girl grew, though it stood white as snow and faceless. He tapped the child thing on the head and spoke strongly. "Shikigami...I leave you the charge of masking this girls presence from the world. Her thoughts and appearance are to be taken, but not lived long. You will have this form until the moon vanishes from site, to be renewed and reawakened. Within that time, you are to break all bonds and separate her from the life she lives. Understand my words. No one is to seek her out after this is complete." His hand glowed and the shikigami placed it's hands on his and absorbed the chakra and memories from him. He pushed the doll onto the bed and lightning flowed from his hand into the newly formed girl. The god in white with a lizard like mask headed to the door, black taking over his form. He pulled his clothing off and it vaporized as it almost touched the ground. He spoke softly, though the voice almost seemed to echo,"No one should interfere or the worst might just come to pass." He shrank and now took on the form of a cat, and as he touched the door with his face, the door warped and he vanished within.

Seconds passed and Kaji was awake. He gathered his strength and made it to his feet. He gathered himself and set forth to awaken the girl. A short time would pass and the small girl in white grabbed onto Kaji's arm, laughter came out. "Please stop, that tickles!", her voice cracking as she spoke. She pushed his hands away and tried to get to an upright position. She looked upon Kaji, the girl of blue and the evil red head in the room and her eyes glowed blue for a moment. It knew what it was supposed to do, though a feeling of discontent and sadness overtook the body, her body. A small tear formed and she wiped it away before Kaji could hopefully see. She spoke, speaking with a certain amount of sadness, yet an anger could be felt, distant and almost fake, but present. "Kaji...I understand why you would feel the way you do towards him, after all you are Iwagakure. Strength and duty bound...and now, unsightly how changed. Something I miss about home. If this were Iwagakure, you know things would be different. You would be different, so very slight yet enough. This isn't right. Deep down, you know the..re...iss..." She broke off her words. If she had said the next words, her purpose would have been broken. That isn't what was meant to become. She watched the other two, Kaen coming next, and closely followed by Yuii. Before he started to speak, the small girl was to her feet and headed for the door, turning the handle as he spoke his words. She would be out of the room before Yuii was fully awakened, slamming the door behind her. She would disregard anything anyone said to stop her. It was the best course of action. It wanted to leave the lingering thought of missing home. Perhaps things would be made easier if such was conveyed. As it took the few steps forward, it would vanish from the site of anyone nearby.

Kagetsu Yuii

Yen
ASP
Deaths
And then there were two. Sara faded away, not unlike Kaji, and she had no reason to be alarmed for the young girl. If only she knew.

There was a moment of silence as Yuii studied Kaenthrough glowing blue eyes with the same consideration she would have given her students. Her brow creased as she contemplated the red-haired man, barely an adult and about to be incarcerated like a criminal, and tried to settle her feelings on the future. It would have been so much easier if she wasn't Sennin if there weren't procedures in place that predated her great-great-grandmother, and breaking those laws would have come at a greater cost then jailing Kaen. Hell, he'd picked one of the few foreigners in the village to fight, making a spectacle out of endangering children- that wasn't something she would be allowed to ignore. If this was just a nowhere village, she could have just let him go since there had been no loss of life even! But not now. The next course of action, the one she knew the village would take, did not sit right with her just as it had upset Sara. Then again, very little of what she was expected to do as a shinobi ever did these days. The blue woman had led a charmed adolescence, after all, and knew there were better options. Explaining the whys of why they were in Kaen's mind, and why they could not turn him loose had made everything seem logical, but the heart didn't always care for logic.

"I'll make sure you have the appropriate pain management until you're healed." (So you won't suffer like before), "You won't be thrown into a dark pit- or locked away with nothing to pass the time." (No dark cages or little rooms,) "And if you cooperate with the mednin trying to...study what you claim to be then they should not be inhumane."(No straps, no inappropriate experiments.) "I can't promise you'll enjoy it, I can't promise they won't hurt you and I definitely can't promise you won't hate us all in the end but Kumogakure has not survived hundreds of years without caution. I can't be the weak link that destroys us all and the creature you've described yourself to be sounds like it could." She sighed and gave the darkness a suffering look, "I was hoping you'd just been some dumb kid that meddled with demon summoning that we could slap on the wrist and send home with a five-year ban. You know, the usual? Nothing deeper than a mistake and poor choices- but now.- Shit, Kaen, I'm going to be having nightmares for weeks after all of that." It struck her as she spoke that the nightmare of Kaen's old life was something she could help with, if only in a minor way.

She didn't know how long it would last, or if his mind would fight it off, but she had to try. Concentrating all of her consciousness, the form of pepper appeared like a ghost given life. "Here, she'll look after you, as best as an implantation into your psyche can. Your memories will always haunt you, I can't take those away without peeling away at who you are, but in the dreams that they create she can help you know that you're asleep. Well- bye" With that, Yuii was gone and the dreaming world left her control.

-----

The change in Yuii's breathing as she awoke was the only signal of her awakening. For a minute she remained still while her senses adjusted to the loss of control to her surroundings. The ticking of the clock, the breathing of others, and words that were muffled and difficult to hear. Genjutsu was paltry tricks compared to the complete control once could achieve in the world of their own creation and it was always a chore to return to the mundane. Even their short foray into Kaen's memory, macabre as it had been, had been more vivid and enjoyable than any normal day of Yuii's life. She didn't want to go back to the paperwork, the endless line of students in need of training, the feeling that all her skill and strength was being wasted.

Far off, the door to the hospital room closed with a barely audible click and footsteps raced away. It was a curious occurrence, but she didn't know why.

With a soft groan, she reluctantly cracked her eyes open then immediately closed them again. Everything was too bright, her body felt heavy with fatigue, and her head ached like it'd been smashed in with a panini press. More cautiously she peered through her lashes and found herself staring at the sleeping form of Kaen and Kaji's empty chair.

"So that's it then," she muttered, untangling her fingers from Kaen's. Anbu and medics had yet to flood the room, and the silence and clam were errie after the dramatic battle in Kaen's mind. This was the end, the climax was over, and now they only needed to go through the motions of winding down from his sad tale.

With one long shaky breath, she turned to search out Kaji. The spark of life was reignited at the sight of her lover. His presence resonated so perfectly with her own, in this world, the dream world or any other than might exist. Unknowing of his power over her, Kaji drew her to her feet and eased her painful headache that threatened to crack her skull in two just by being. She was hugging him before her mind even processed the desire to do so. "You did so well. I began to worry, at the end, but you did so, so, so well!"

There was some doubt that Kaen would wake up before the anbu arrived for him, but just to be cautious she lowered her voice to a whisper, "I'm so sorry. He shouldn't have been able to take you from me. I don't know how he did it. Are you alright? What happened?"

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Perhaps a day would come where Kaji possessed the wisdom to see through the work of apparitions and divine spirits, but presently he was none the wiser. The human child he handling so kindly was nothing of the sort, merely something else disguised as Sara with a skill so absolute, Kaji didn't a stand of chance of seeing through it. Maybe this long day had gotten the best of him— after the surely one of his most trying battles, and the interrogation if you could call it one, Kaji’s body, mind, and soul were left so weary. Perhaps he did not want to notice the changes in the girl... in the false Sara.

Once Sara stirred, Kaji ceased the jostling and gave her space on the bedside. His sigh of relief was more like a deep inhale after surfacing from a dive that took longer than intended. He patted her on the crown of her head as if they were long-time friends, or if being senior to her just made that ok. He smiled for what felt like the first time in years. “You had me concerned, I started to think you were trapped in there” Kaji began to say, though this form of Sara quickly cut him off and spoke candidly, or cryptically, depending on your understanding of her words. Kaji was often the silent type, so he listened as the child showed wisdom beyond her years, though Kaji didn’t exactly agree with her. You could even say Sara lectured him, citing his past as a stone shinobi and the traits of that place which were etched onto his being like the relief sculptures which lined Titan’s Keep in their homeland. Despite Sara’s sure-fired claim of Kaji’s misjudgment, she found a change of heart and broke off the conversation once Yuii made a move. A bit confused, Kaji barely leaned his weight onto those exhausted legs, failing to give chase as Sara suddenly fled from the room. If Kaji had known of the extent of Yuii’s gifts he might have suspected something, but she, like everything in the hidden cloud was still so new and mysterious to him.

Just seeing the renewed life in Yuii’s awakening pressed every thought of Sara’s estranged behavior to the back of Kaji’s mind. The silver-girl was gone like a leaf in the wind, and Kaji was onto his feet and moving but not after her. No, his action was like a slow glide in a circle around the bed, like a chess-knight game piece positioned in front of— the queen. When she looked up to him it felt like a reunion long past due as their gazes met. Kaji kept his mouth closed tight in fear that he’d confess a thousand corny things, or break out in a song that he didn’t know the words to, but it would be about love. He only knew her for days, not even a week, but the time spent in the dreamscape left them seeming like old friends; like time-tested lovers. For such a pragmatist, Kaji was too entrapped in the moment to even reconsider his feelings of attachment to her, he simply accepted them as fact. And it seemed as if Yuii felt similar, as the moment her daze wore off she gravitated upwards and the duo collided in a long embrace.

They fit together like puzzle pieces or one of those lockets where two people kept half. He and she felt whole, and Kaji paid no mind to the discomfort from his weakened state. When Yuii spoke, it was is as if she were speaking through to his heart as her face pressed against him. She congratulated his mental fortitude for surviving the experience, though, to Kaji, it was not as unfamiliar as Yuii would have known yet. She acknowledged that Kaen had gotten the better of her once he split them apart, and wondered just had happened while he was away. She was a curious one, or so Kaji thought as she looked at him with those beautiful blue eyes. “He knew that separating us was the worse than any memory he could show us,” Kaji answered, improving his grasp around the curves on her waist. “Thinking the despair would weaken me, the demon returned in an attempt to finish what began in the arena— so I banished him by the blade for the second time.” Of course, Kaji made light of the Demon Lord’s second appearance, citing this appearance as merely a fragment of his own fear manifesting within Kaen’s mind. “Normally, the demon’s power should have been stronger without Kaen’s direct control, but within the dream, my force of will was far greater... I didn’t allow it to distract me from finding you again.”

Kaji then disconnected his grasp and separated from her just far enough to regain a hold of his crutch for balance’s sake. As he moved, he occasionally made side-glances at Kaen, occasionally contemplating some of the horrors which brought Kaji and Yuii closer together than before. It would take them a lot of time and discussion to make sense of it all, but one thing was for sure, this was not the last they’d see of Mother Suna’s Vassal. “He doesn’t look like he’ll be awake anytime soon, huh?” Kaji’s assessment seemed correct, though he asked Yuii, particularly wondering if she did anything else on her way out of Kaen’s rattled mind. “How about we make a break for it and file our reports later? I’m still down for that carbonara if you are. I would have seen if the kid wanted to come along with us, but she was acting strange and hit the door before you woke up. She seemed ok, we might just need to give her some space to process things.”

Kagetsu Yuii

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Warm, relaxed and certain now of his safety, Yuii leaned into their embrace. The pain in her temples lessened and the ache in her muscles vanished as if Kaji could heal with a touch and loving look. She took a moment to absorb that strength and find balance back in the solid, living world. It was difficult to return from a reality where she could bend the laws they knew on their own and the only limitation was her own imagination. It felt bleak afterwards. Quiet. Inadequate. After her first lesson on the dream technique and realising that the power she achieved in sleep was unobtainable to all but the gods, Yuii had been inconsolable for three days. Now, this reality didn't seem so horrid; at least Kaji was there.

Though there was no proof, Yuii felt the same of Kaen's mental motives. The strength that had pulled them apart had been made up of raw will and the desire to see them separated. Perhaps Kaen's mind had begun to notice and suspect the alien beings in his memory, or perhaps he had wanted to try once again to best Kaji. Regardless of motive, he had failed to keep them apart for long, though Yuii had feared the worst. "Nothing in his mind was more frightening than watching you fall away from me," she sighed at the end of his short tale, "but I'm glad you handled the experience well. I should have known you could handle whatever was thrown your way and return. "

Silently she watched Kaji muse over Kaen. Back in his body and feeling the pain along with revelations, Yuii thought she could read his mind. "No." she answered simply, certain Kaen would not be up until anbu had come for him. Her face twisted into a small smile at the re-mention of food, the turned to guilty surprise when he brought up Sara. Somehow she had forgotten about their little medic.

"She seemed to be having a difficult time being in there, and I couldn't extend any protection to her without the proper scribing. It would probably be best if one of the other medics looks after her- she seemed angry about the whole situation and how it ended." she accessed, waving aside Sara's desire to be gone before Yuii woke up. She didn't know how close she was with Kaji, or if Yuii herself had been an agitator, but Sara hadn't seemed to like her.

As much as she wished to eat that moment and escape to a warm corner to make sense of their time in Kaen's mind, Yuii had responsibilities. Shirking those to eat pasta with a dashing foreigner would not be looked upon warmly. "I need to report back right away after all the strings I pulled to do this, see about his transfer to the prison, write our findings. The first two will take awhile, but if you order extra I'll join you in a few hours to consolidate on the third," she sighed, clearly unhappy with the early parts of that plan, "Come on. Headset transmission is awful in here. I'll get you back to your hotel room- it's the least I can do for a village guest."

[/left /thread]

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
EPILOGUE

And so, it seemed as if the evening had come full circle. The twosome of Yuii and Kaji were the last to depart from the room, which had its thermostat raised dramatically once Kaen was left alone. According to the medical staff, the warmth was like a natural sedative to help keep his fiery pyromancer abilities placated, at least until the ANBU Branch was finished preparing a specialized cell for containing Kaen. The warmth was like being in an oven— the total opposite of what Kaji experienced as he walked down your standard Hidden Cloud street after nightfall.

His crutch plunged holes into the crunchy snow with every step as Kaji hobbled along to that place with the good carbonara, alone. Just as Yuii had explained before parting from the hospital, she had to file a report on the incident at once, leaving Kaji to his own devices until her work was done. The cold of the night might have seemed lonely, or even painful to bear for some, but for Kaji, it merely numbed the persisting searing sensations which covered his left side. Between the battle and then that experience they nicknamed the Kaenception, Kaji had some appreciation for spending a little more time alone in this busy world. It was here that he spent so many years, and with his new comrades shining a light on the foreseeable future, one more night alone did not seem so bad.

He wandered slowly with that insufferable hobble, steadily being passed by strangers who came and went around him. None of these people knew who he was or the things he’d seen that day… you could say it felt a little comforting. Once Kaji reached his designation, it was revealed as a small eatery with just a few tables inside the entrance, and most of the space was dedicated to its kitchen. He took a seat at a counter and requested not two, but three orders of the dinner, all to-go. Aside from the meal for himself and another for Yuii once she met up with her at the suite, Kaji planned another for Sara, whom he felt the need to talk to after what happened that day. The way she rushed out the room and especially what she said was all unsettling. While he waited for the dinners to come in a to-go package, Kaji slid the bartender a silver coin and took not the usual beer, but a glass of something stiff to drink on the rocks. “What a day.”

All things considered, Kaji Okada was lucky to be a survivor that day, as the opposition he faced came in the form of entities with presences with millennia of experience to their credit. Of course not Kaen Shinku, but those he aligned himself with. Kaji escaped with physical scars, but the bulk of them would be healed by Bhelzira’s miracle salve… The real wounds Kaji suffered were the scars left to his memory; the image of a demon which played in his mind, again and again. That creature, the harbinger, was not one of the ancients Kaen spoke of, merely a conjuring Kaen achieved as a result of the ancient’s power— at least, that is what Kaji theorized. But that was all he could do, for now, heal and make sense of the things he saw that day. He numbed the swell of his mind, which was ready to burst from the burden of knowledge, and downed that bitter liquor. He hoped to simply forget the things he could not understand, at least for a little while. If only he could have put a name to that demon’s hideous face.

Beneath a sky that was black and viscous like oil, a decrepit creature soared through layers of smog littering the atmosphere. It was a heavily scarred bird demon with wide-spread wings and long appendages covered in knotted, armored flesh. Its long neck was crooked as if it had been snapped and healed twenty times, and its face had glaring yellow eyes and a jagged beak which let out a constant cackle. As far as demons go, the creature seemed excited about something as it descended towards a horizon covered with pits of scalding lava, and islands covered in basalt columns. It began to squeal aloud in some ungodly language, unlike anything you and I might have heard before, screeching “Begone! I have news for Lord Kaezohr!” It shouting through the raining ash as it knew what was to come.

This land was void of any sun, and only the glow of the lava provided a warm glow to light the land; this unending heat which also left the atmosphere neigh insufferable. And out from the depths of darkness came to a flock of more bird demons of similar appearance— three to be exact. The horde flew towards the supposed herald with their clawed feet forward and jagged maws opened wide to attack. It wasn’t a team effort so much as a competition as all four foul creatures began to face off. Each fiend plummeted towards a wide bridge crafted from obsidian, and there, they began to rip each other apart in bloody combat. The courier of the group prioritized trying to escape and crawled towards a large black palace at the end of the bridge despite another fiend gnawing on its ankle with the beak already cutting through to the bone.

Once it seemed as if the vulture-like fiend with the news was on the cusp of being devoured by its peers, a large, shadowy figure emerged from within the archway of the tower. The fiend strode forward with confidence and power behind every movement, as he appeared with corded muscles the color of fresh blood, a canine maw, and fleshy wings spreading across it’s back. “Insolence” roiled the abysmal harbinger— yes, the very same harbinger who saw a battle for a mere human on the material plane, at the Vespasian Colosseum. His identity became clear enough when a blue lightning materialized in his hand, forming a whip and revealing a chalice formed from a humanoid skull in the other. “Let stay your feast on the weak, for this one is mine” spoke the harbinger, who also used that wicked, abysmal tongue. He bothered to let out the warning, but the other vultures were either too stupid or bloodthirsty to fear the harbinger. The harbinger then raised the whip with hardly a flick of the wrist, and sent it crackling, firing upon the attacking vulture-fiends one by one. They were ripped into chunks with smoke rising from their bloodied bodies until only the one most loyal to the greater fiend remained.

Lord Kaezorh, I have done as you wished” cried the remaining vulture-fiend. The creature was mangled from the attack by its brethren, most-likely in their effort to usurp that information and gain Kaezorh’s favor instead. “I have gone to Ukara the Coil and told her your demands, my lord. She understands your desires in full, and says thy will shall be done.” The smaller demon seemed insignificant in comparison to the size and power of Kaezorh, who towered over it with a satisfied and sinister laugh rolling out from his toothy grin. The mangled vulture-fiend was trembling as it laid at the hooved feet of the demon lord; one wing was nearly broken off from the attack, and it would surely never walk again, either.
“Good” Kaezorh answered stiffly. “The Coil would not act against a demon lord, especially not Kaezorh himself… Succubi are too weak to defy me openly, but I expect her to try schemes of her own once my demands are met. It matters not.” Kaezorh’s reaction to the news and talks of schemes simply bounced off of the floored vulture-fiend, who attempted to cackle along with its master, but was interrupted by the pain of his crippling injuries.
“And you,” Kaezorh’s bestial, fiery eyes observed the lesser fiend before him, practically predicting the time left in his miserable existence, “you have allowed inferior fiends to gather against you, and now you dwindle into demise. An immortality wasted. Tell me before you perish— do you understand what cause you’ve spent your turn in the abyss for?” The vulture merely spat blood as it lost the strength to speak, though it surely didn’t understand anyway. This prompted Kaezorh to continue in a monologue. “It appears that some mortal— Kaen Shinku, has attained the alliance I shared with the Ancient Homura, eons ago… a pact forged through interests that are no longer aligned. He lacks even a modicum of the strength needed to summon my true form, and so he called me to the material plane in a weakened state… I despise weakness above all.” The demon lord then released his grasp on the whip made from lightning, causing it to dissipate into nothing, and raised the freed hand to feel the freshly healed scar from Kaji Okada’s blade, Eelspine. Demons were not the types to forget their enemies, especially when defeated. After falling at the hands of creatures he deemed inferior, Kaezorh was quickly consumed with ideas of revenge against both Kaen Shinku and Kaji Okada. Sending Ukara the Coil was merely the start, but if everything went according to plan, Kaezorh would see his enemies’ entire world razed to fire and ash before the debt was repaid.

“Fate has already spoken for you, however, for your service to my undertaking I shall grant you a swift death by my hand” Kaezorh offered as if it were really an act of mercy rather than malice. As a lord of this abysmal realm, he could have undone the mortal wounds to the vulture-fiend, but instead, he held out an open palm and brightness washed over the lesser fiend. It was an innately flung Sol Fire Tempest, issued at close range. The blast was immense enough to wipe away every trace of the vulture-fiend and its kin from the bridge and left a sizeable crater in its stead. Kaezorh looked upon the pit as if he hoped it might sate his rage for the time being, but no. Thoughts of being sundered by mere mortals ran in a loop in his mind, and he returned to the scheming of tortures for them, just to distract himself. He was going to make Kaen Shinku into a dancing fool for his entertainment, and then eat him once he became bored. And Kaji Okada would face one-thousand demises at the end of his sword and whip or be quartered by lesser demons repeatedly. Kaezorh couldn’t decide all the ways he’d do it, so he’d use his near-infinite powers within this realm to restore Kaji, and try every option until he was satisfied. In all the demon lord's excitement, he accidentally crushed the skull chalice in his left hand, leaving the blood wine to pour down his hand and forearm. “I’m coming mortals, just you wait.”

wc1855mft
Thread Left
To be continued.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back