Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Lapis Philosophorum [Kin App]

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Months ago...

A sea of ice and snow. The depths of Kirigakure had fallen to the icy grasps of an otherworld nature. Even as a Haku, she had felt uneasiness from the land. It moaned and rattled at every push of the wind. Snow blasting the air to blind sight deterred any who dared to return to their desolated homeland. The three traveler's faces stung as they pulled their hoods closer towards their freezing skin for warmth.

There was malice in this ice. Hoshikata at the time had warned of another presence. A powerful one that put them at danger as it slunked around in the snowfall. She never saw the spirits he warded against, but that does not mean she hadn't felt them. Or heard them. Like faint moans in the distant night, she heard them searching through abandon buildings. What were they looking for? More importantly, what would they do once they found what they desired?

The wavelength of emotion they cast was almost indescribable. Terrifying in the most overwhelming sense. She never spoke of those things with either of the ninja she traveled with. This place made her feel alone, just as alone as she had felt when first coming to Kirigakure five years ago. Her goals then were unclear. Empty like the vast expanse of the dead Kirigakurian sea.

She would not falter to this illusion. The ice here was unlike her ice. It hoped to destroy, to isolate, and evoke apathy. The Haku blood within her veins chilled, but it kept her focused. She was unyielding as the storm for she had a goal. A dream as clear as pure crystalline water. Her spirit echoed out across the fields. Ice against ice.

</COLOR>
For a long time, we had forgotten how to go forward. You reminded us we must go forward. Yes, we must run.

Drifting through the air, in the consciousness of snowflakes, she was shattered. On the frost on abandoned houses and through the reflections of entrapping ice, she was present. Incomplete but ever forming as her spirits congregated. Not nearly strong enough. Haruka's chakra called to her. Her spirit burned brightly. She opened her eyes little by little, following the hazy aura of the Haku.

Her snowflakes grazed the Shima's pale cheeks as Haruka stopped to look up at the night sky. The Shima felt only the sense of danger lurking behind the shadows and through the fog. But the spirit was there and she would remain until she grew.

<COLOR color="#000080">
Let us go, you who share our dreaming. Come, and we will run till the dream's end.

Present day...

What's this?” The sennin stared at the envelope placed into her palms. Her dark eyes drifted upwards at the lone deliverer. He lifted his hat to her in salute before carrying on down the path, leaving Haruka in wonder. She turned the letter over in her hands continuously, afraid of the words she might find. She knew the contents. There was never a need to ask. The days passed just liked she had anticipated. The letter was expected from the very night she stepped out of the booth. Yet, she still hid from the words.

The gates of the Shima estate slammed shut behind her. In her dazed thoughts, she lifted her eyes towards the walls surrounding her home. The imposing guards of the house never kept real danger away. Dangers like a handsome and kind Kaguya that would break her heart. The danger always found her here. It hunted her, trailed her like a weak animal that only knew to drag itself back to it den. Limping with her hope slowly dying, yet instinct drove her to keep pushing. Once she thought she was safe-

Bang!

The Shima took the plunge, swiping her nail under the seal. She unfolded the parchment carefully. Her hands actually shook. She skimmed the words, not truly interested in the details. It slipped perfectly into her back pocket where she could conveniently forget about it for another few hours. Nostalgia always seemed to knock on her door in these times. She followed the feeling, like snow on the wind.

It led her home. Not where she was born, but where she was forged. The stale air clung to her, weighing her down as she listened to the absolute stillness of the apartment. The smell of emptiness replaced the once airy scent of the river that used to waft in on gentle mountain breeze. Nearly all the furniture was gone or covered with thin white sheets. Sheets like ghost.

For a moment she swore her eyes saw that ghost. The ghost of her memories. She shut the door behind her, wanting to be alone with her ethereal memories a while longer. It had been her own home, yet she was unsure of how to proceed through it. Timidly she traipsed over the wooden floor, past the locked door of a bedroom she never opened again after Natsu had left.

In a desperation, she forced the window up wildly as all the memories came rushing back. A blast of wintertime air billowed inwards. The house breathed once more. She stared for what seemed a long time at the city below. Immobilized by thoughts. The future so clear, yet so uncertain. Waking up from her dream, she walked through the door frame of her old study. His old study.

Heaving a sigh, the Shima collapsed on a chair placed at the desk. Long ago, Masao left a letter to Do Natsu. The last written word of the sennin before his death. It was the one document she never read that the former Spymaster possessed. She often hoped that one day his words to her would come, but they never did. She was insignificant at the time, despite how he had meant the world to her. Her hand steadied over a drawer. Inside was the inconspicuous letter of the departed.

What good does gazing at the past do for me? Those words aren't meant for me. In the end, they'll just end up hurting more than helping. Won't they? I've always been so weak when it came to you. Damn it! She slammed the drawer with cold force, pushing the desk back into the wall further. I know what I must do. I have to look ahead. You have a goal, Haruka. People who need you. Surely that's enough to keep you from slipping into the past?

Perhaps Hikari had been right, after all. The old man gave up long ago and it was time for her to give up on chasing his ghost. She needed to take care of those living. To pass on what the former sennin couldn't.

I need to get stronger, but how?

[Topic Entered]

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths

"Ah Kioku-sama! Welcome back, didn't think you'd be back so soon!"

"Good to see you Yuhara-san. Yes it is ahead of schedule!" he smiled back, tossing a rather large peach up to the man and his partner who were on watch. They quickly opened up the door in the gate.

"Here to see Tatsuzo?" they asked. Kioku shook his head.

"The lady Haruka is whom I seek this fine day." he said with a nod of the head to the gentlemen. One of which was too preoccupied with the full mouth of fruit to comment.

Kioku made his way inside after pleasantries at the gates with a few of the guards. He left them smiling with several pieces of signature fruit from few trees that grew around the Ishikawa Estate. In fact, he didn't live that far away from the Shima.

Recent events had been weighing on his mind. His eyes had been one of a few pairs that stared down at her from the table of judgement after the incident at the Torre. His words had been harsh to Ai. But it was no lie that the young man's actions that day had cost many ANBU their lives. He was not angry that Shin was dead, but rather the amount of life lost. Thankfully, Kioku was forgiving, and his faith reminded him that death was just the beginning of life.

He was there to provide comfort should she seek it, as well as get a sense of where she was at. Unfortunately, while the votes had been cast and the future Raikage's name was in the box, the official ceremony had not been had. This allowed Kioku to come under the pretense of peace and not business.

It did not take long to find the woman. She was in the garden, according to a passing servant he requested the help of. It was mostly sunny that day, but as he approached a chill crawled up his back. A frown washed over his face, and then a look of concern. Something was out of place, for that was no ordinary feeling.

He cleared his throat, bowing slowly to the woman for a good while. That day he wore an intricate robe of many materials, the color was that of nature. Pale blues, rich greens, and hearty browns surrounded in a tone of white. His hair was neatly groomed and his smile was meek and kind. "If you would have me Haruka-sama, I would like to join you in the garden."

"By all means." she replied.

He entered slowly looking at the flowers that were in full bloom. Plant by plant he moved, examining them in detail, until he came across one that appeared to be struggling. He took a deep breath, knelt close and released his breath. It came out in a mist and settled on the leaves and petals, and soon enough, the plant seemed to be recuperating rather quickly. It was then he realized why he was there. He shifted to look at Haruka with an enlightened look, then back to the plant before a content kind of joy seemed to come over him. Standing he turned to face her.

She was the flower, pained and suffering. She sat here alone with her thoughts, perhaps believing she was alone in the world. Kioku hoped he could change that.

"I would not dare to say I know what you are going through. But if you need someone to talk to know I am just a few blocks away."

He decided to lead with that. He wanted her to know he was friend first and foremost. Unfortunately, she did not receive it as well as he hoped.

"You were the one to condemn my cousin, how can I trust you? You and your councilmen only want to use me. So, forgive me for not hastily coming to you to speak about my problems." She eyed the flowers rather than look him in the eyes. "Besides, this is my decision, to bear this guilt alone until I can restore Kumogakure to its former glory. I only need more strength." Her gaze finally shifted towards his as the malice in her voice subsided. Was there hope growing in her tone? "I only need to grow stronger. So, if you cannot help me, then I do not wish to speak about anything other than village matters."

Kioku inhaled deeply, a very audible sound coming from a large man. She sought power, as expected by one in her position. "I have no plans on using you. Our families have been good friends for years now, and I don't intend on souring our relationship." he said plainly. His thoughts went to Ai. He questioned if she had seen him since she took him to the asylum. She did not seem to be in a mood to converse about those topics however. Instead she spoke of strength, as if the words themselves were pressing against his skin. A will unlike any other seemed to emanate from her, and it felt other worldly. Like an insurmountable wall was pressing down upon him. Her words were laced with anothers. Kioku quickly pulled a Kunai from his belt and pricked a finger, draw a swift seal on his palm and focusing his chakra. He pointed it at Haruka. "Show yourself spirit." he ordered in a deep tone, filled with righteous hate.

Sunlight beamed down from above, bathing the area in light. The power of his own deity was evident. The air temperature around them dropped significantly despite being in direct sunlight. Kioku felt goosebumps along his arms until numbness began to take over. "You will no longer torment this soul!" he grunted and closed his eyes to pray. But before shutting the sight of the spirit out, a singular palm stretched towards him, up-faced. No demon had ever done this before. His seal faltered, and Kioku's golden eyes looked on curiously.

"You need not search far for the strength you seek, for it is already within you. You just need to reach out and take it for yourself."

[Tlus]​

Yen
ASP
Deaths
</COLOR>

A cursed cold crept up her spine as Kioku hastily pulled a kunai from his belt. She stepped back defensively, alarmed by his sudden change. His words were ominous and growing in strength. She felt draw by his seal. The garden grew bright as rays from the heaven floated downwards, but it did not ward the sudden cold overtaking them. It was as if she heard a voice from within herself. In the coldest reaches of her body, Haruka connected with something or someone.

Torment? What do you mean?” Before he could finish, the Ishikawa crumpled into silence. The light overhead grew cloudy once more and the freezing feeling in her veins dispelled. His golden eyes glinted in what small portion of light broke through the grey clouds. “What are you talking about?” He merely smiled at her confusion, turning his head back towards the gates.

“If you so desire strength, then follow me.” He did not hesitate as he began to stroll back towards the entrance. The Haku stood frightened. How could she trust this man when he explained so little. Was some kind of spirit inside of her? How could she not be aware of it? She pondered these things quickly before deciding to tail after him.

They moved through the streets with no words- a grim parade of mystery enveloping the two as they side stepped everyone in their path. He lead her past his own home and further up the road. Further until the trees grew thicker. The grass began to sprout tall, like the fields in Lightning country. Roots and branches entangled a beaten path as they walked further. Haruka felt uneasy, as if she may be walking into a trap, but something compelled her to follow without question. Surely this spirit would protect her once more if he plotted to harm her?

They traveled until the path was no more. Kioku pushed past brush, avoiding every tripping root as if he walked this path every day. He moved with a sudden swiftness as the light above began to burn out. She watched in awe. He was the earth below. She was almost certain he felt most at home in nature, just as she felt at home in the chill of the wind. He held out his hand as they climbed down a dried river bend and back up onto land. She never looked back. Not once.

Then she saw the glinting in the moonlight. A dim glow emanating from a hole in a massive rock formation. He lead her to the mouth of the cave. The blackness swallowed up the rest of its belly where moonlight could not reach. What was touched by the moon's rays glowed with stunning beauty. Crystal glinted in the dull rock wall. He ushered her in.

Why?” Haruka faltered.

“If you do not wish to, you don't have to go forward. It might be worth your while however.” With that said, he disappeared into the cave. The faint glow of a fire jutsu warmed the cave, causing a bursting reaction of light to bounce off the crystals. He led with a torch lit. She stood at the entrance, watching his flame grow small until it was a speck.​

<COLOR color="#000080">Spring is only evident after the thaw.

She drove forward, jogging to catch up to the man. He lit torches clinging to the wall along the way once they were deep enough inside. The cave was an icy vein of blues and whites with crystal clear gems soaking up the colors. Her reflection grew and shrunk in the face of the jutting gems. The cave walls became nothing but diamond as they entered a main chamber. He lit the remaining torches and hung his own on a vacant space. At the back wall, a great formation of diamonds protruded from the ground and walls. Pieces of crystal intertwined with the structure to form a faint outline of a throne.

“One of nature's wonders. I found this cave quite some time ago. There has always been a strong connection to the spirit realm here than out there. I brought you here because of what's possessing you. I cannot conclude if it is dangerous. I will evoke it here, where it is safe. Away from the village.” He stood facing her with his back to the tunnel. Pulling out a kunai, he tried the same ritual as before. The draw of energy stirred around him, becoming tangible to Haruka's untrained eyes.

The ground beneath her feet crackled as frost sprouted forth. White puffs came from her mouth as she breathed in the stinging air. She broke free from Haruka, forming from a converging cloud of blue will-o-wisp behind her. The torches flickered out before blazing brightly again. Their color transformed into a deep blue, casting an eerie light upon the cavern. Kioku backed away slowly as Haruka turned to face the being.

She had never seen anything from the otherworld. The creature awed the Shima woman. An ethereal blue blanket of light bathed the body of a woman. Except she was no ordinary human. Her skin was a pale frost of blue. Patches of ice covered various parts of her body. She shook the snowflakes from her thick hair. The creature stared with a piercing gaze, ripping into Haruka's mind. Never moving her lips, she spoke to Haruka in thought.

Who are you? What are you?

yGP1u4U.png

They call us by many names. We are many and yet we are one. We are the dream of those who embody ice. We are the Aeon of Frost. We have no name, only purpose.

What do you want from me?” Haruka asked growing braver. Although, she felt herself sinking into the woman's pale gaze.

We have been dreaming for so long. We had forgotten to go forward. Forgotten to run. Your call awoke us. When you came to the island desolated by snow, we heard your call. You are the descendant of those we have gifted with our ice. Your purpose is our purpose. We wish to follow you human, to help you in your endeavor so that we may grow stronger too. So that we may stop dreaming and move forward once again.

What's so special about me?

Ice comes with the pain of isolation. The pain of numbness, but it too is a gift. We represent all that the element holds. Clarity and focus. You are focused and clear, but you are also fragile and vulnerable because of it. Let us be your strength. Let us help you on your quest to reach your goal with unfettered purity so that we may grow stronger too.

What do you mean? How will you help?

Our ice is powerful and ancient, well beyond the powers of your own ice. Let us join you and lend our strength to you. Let us merge and give you powers of an Otherworld.

A deal is never complete without a catch. What is my consequence for agreeing?

Should the dreaming end, you too shall disappear. Fade into our ice, our diamond dust. But do not weep, nor rise in anger. Even we were once human. That is why we must dream.

Haruka didn't understand. She didn't want to. She knew she'd be giving up more than she could anticipate. Giving up her soul and perhaps her own humanity. She had no other choice however. She would never get stronger unless she took risks. The goals she wanted were too great for an ordinary human. For their sake, the sake of her loved ones, she had to complete the goal. They sacrificed so much and in the end they earned nothing. She would not be like them. She stopped though, to think about it one last time. If she lost her soul forever, doomed to dream as the spirits of this being had, then there was no way she'd ever see her departed love ones again.

If I say yes, I'll never find my way home to them again?” Haruka's intuition told her that the spirit knew what she spoke of.

We are unable to say. Do you wish to reject our offer?

No... I accept.

Suddenly she was blinded by a bright light. It consumed her until she was nothing. She started thinking about all of them. About going home and how she may never find rest with Raiden. A white hot pain burned her up. The presence of the Aeon lingered inside her mind. Images flashed through her head too quickly. She screamed until her lungs shattered and then the blackness engulfed her. There was nothing but silence. A long silence she could not count nor comprehend.

Then she awoke. Her back felt frost bitten. The odd burning sensation of something too cold to touch scourge the center of her back. She looked about for Kioku, unable to find him. Only one torch remained lit. The floor of the cavern was scarred with impenetrable ice. She struggled to stand, falling many times before getting her bearings. She took the torch in hand, feeling warmth for the first time again. The tunnel stretched on as she limped towards the mouth of the cave. A warm light awaited her at the exit. The sun was high and blinding. It seemed to be noon.

She had been asleep for a long time, dreaming the thoughts of her new companion. How many days had past? What exactly happened? Where had Kioku gone? She would seek her answers soon. First, she wandered home, sneaking around the servants of the house to find the solitude of her bedroom. She immediately went to a mirror to note any changes. At first, Haruka saw nothing new. She certainly didn't feel stronger. As she turned from the mirror, she caught a glimpse of etchings on her back. Craning her neck, she saw the mark of the Aeon tattooed upon her like a brand.

t1Yuh7X.jpg

She was an Avatar of Ice.

[TLUS]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back