Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Let Them Eat Cake(And visit the Kage too) [Mikasa, Suika, Ayumu]

Kagetsu Yuii

Yen
ASP
Deaths
And so they left the gates and wandered the streets towards the tower that dominated the skyline in the midst the vertical village. The road she took them was a broad main throughway lit by patches of sunlight the cut between the city buildings. The bottom buildings were mostly shops with stairways intermittently placed to carry people to higher levels of the city. Some advertised more businesses above, while others had the distinct feel of leading to a home. There were a number of people travelling along it bustling mostly by foot, but the odd shaggy horse, rickshaw cart or even bicycle wasn't out of place.

There was no snow built up down here either, which Yuii absently explained to Mikasa as they walked, fiddling with a headset she pulled from her pockets."We keep the main roadways clear of snow and ice, so don't worry about slipping. Not everyone in Kumogakure is trained to be a shinobi, so we try and make living in the cold tolerable for everyone. After trudging up the pass, most of us forget to stop overcompensating like we'll fall over on the next step." certainly she didn't see worried about slipping, or about crashing into people as she barrelled along without looking up. More than a few people had to skirt to the side, but no one said anything more than a curse under their breath

Suddenly the headset erupted in a fit of banshee shrieks as she did 'something' wrong with the technology, which ended with very real screaming from the other end. "Yikes." She winced, gingerly putting it to her ear, "Sorry, I think the battery might be low. - yeah I will." Yuii spoke to whoever she had contacted, ignoring Mikasa and Suika, "I'm bringing a guest to meet Kogami, a Sennin from Leaf- is he free? Mm, good. We'll be there in about five...?" she turned to side eyed Mikasa appraisingly "Maybe ten? Ah, One more thing. Do you think there's anything to ea-- yes, exactly that. Mhm, that'll be great... she is, yes. Double would be good. Alright. " She practically threw the headset back into her pocket when done with it.

"Technology hates me," she muttered sardonically, then with more cheer she turned to Suika, "Got the good stuff, Bronze. Double so I don't have to pull rank this time."

"It's pastry season," Yuii sighed happily, hugging her arms to herself, "delicious, warm, buttery, flaky, honey drizzled, fruit and chocolate filled pastry season. Pies, strudels, turnovers, danishes, cloud rolls and tarts- All the fruit that wasn't eaten was all jarred up and kept as late-season provisions. So they take all that delicious fruit and stuff them into pastries that warm the body and soul. The most popular are pocket pies- named so because they look like closed pockets and because you keep them in your pockets! Some genius created them so they can be wrapped up and used as a hand warmer when they were fresh out of the oven. And you can get them in every flavour, even some savoury ones though I don't know why anyone would bother unless they're starving. So the tower makes them by the hundreds because they're just so conveniently delicious. We've been promised there will be 'enough'!"

The Kumogakure Main Branch Sennin grinned like an idiot and stared at the tower longingly. She could already taste those pies. "Tell her about the apple cider too, Bronze," she prompted Suika, voice as dreamy and far away as her expression, "Last season was so..."

Whatever last season was, Yuii didn't elaborate. In fact, she didn't say much of anything else. She was doggedly set on getting to the Torre Celeste.

And when they got to the Torre, she straight lined for the elevator up to the Raikage's office, unchallenged by the Anbu guarding it. She was practically vibrating on the ride up. It occured to her only as they stepped through the empty waiting room to Ayumu's office that she hadn't really prepped Mikasa for the meeting again.

"Just compliment his swords, or whatever." she chirped before knocking twice and waiting the appropriate ten seconds for Ayumu to get his pants on, "he likes that. Also, he's made cute, but married so like... no ideas." 7...8...9....10

"Raikage-sama! I brought a guest! Wherearethepies!"

Tsukasa Mikasa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Admittedly the platinum mane maiden expected a winter wonderland, craving to witness graceful fluffs of ivory to waltz through the air and litter the cobblestone pathways before them; although there was no logical argument one could make with the Sennin after her explanation. Nodding, Mikasa's tundra optics analyze the sights unfolding before her, from the branching pathways to the various landmarks to aid in navigation. "Makes perfect sen-"

Abruptly a banshee shriek cuts the Konohagakure guest off, the medical kunoichi's right eye twitches, "No need to apologize, I am afraid that happens to us all at some point." murmurs, realizing a bit too late that she wasn't the individual being spoken towards. Doing her utmost to not butt into the conversation, Mikasa attempts to speak to Suika, eyeing the noir lined fur coat, "How long have you been the right, or left, hand of your Sennin?" she inquires whimsically, "I doubt it is an easy task and usually calls for one with great potential." the maiden adds as a tag along to her question.

Unfortunately the private, not so private, conversation between the duo would be sidetracked by Yuii's unexpected shifting of mannerisms; although it pleased her greatly to bare witness to the azule headed woman's childish grin. "Flaky fluffs crackling off pastry's drizzled in honey sounds delectable!" chimes in, "I am a bit of an oddball, but that sounds lovely with a pitcher of orange juice as the go to beverage." a brief pause would ensue, "Either that or particular type of complimentary tea. Oh, mind you I am not requesting!" her hands wave to and fro frantically. Within the next few intervals did her attention completely become captured by the notion of an apple cider, "Do tell!" the kunoichi nods her head gingerly.

Truth to be told, Mikasa had a rather large sweet tooth, however due to her profession she limited herself to mostly orange juice and the occasional visitations to dango stands. The origin of her pseudo issue stemmed from her 'brother', he had introduced her towards delicacies as a lass and spoiled the poor youth prior to her eventual settlement in Hi no Kuni; odd stories revolving around doing the same with a foreign child previous to her often lost on deaf ears as she divulged in the treatment. Enough of the past for the meanwhile, the kunoichi's private thoughts would have to remain in the rear of her mind as her best behavior would have to be displayed for the time being.

Alternatively, the nickname for Suika was comical, as well placing the traveler in an odd situation. On one hand, Mikasa wished to chuckle due to the complexion of the opposing kunoichi, which she was certain the nickname originated from, yet she knew it could come across as potentially rude on her end. "Swords and taken, understood." she mumbles absentmindedly, more so focused on finally tasting an apple cider. "Apple cider... Mmm!" a hushed tone emits from the woman.​
<i>​
</i>

Kogami Ayumu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Awaiting the group on the other side of the door was a man run ragged. The bags underneath his eyes suggested that he was deprived of sleep, as did the stacks of paperwork across his desk. A few bruises lingered from the recent battle and his left arm was currently in a sling. He had taken quite a beating in the recent battle at the gates. No wonder, the beast had been about as tall as the gates itself and Ayumu had been one of the unlucky few to take a direct hit. Fortunately, he was healing and overall was a fairly quick healer, though he certainly wasn't getting as much rest as the Med-nins had recommended.

Presently he was absorbed in reading a report related to the recent monster attack at the gates. He didn't look up as his door opened. Thanks to her call ahead he'd already been informed that Yuii and company were on their way.... and her requests of the tower kitchen had been fulfilled as well. As Yuii asked for her treats, Ayumu raised his free arm without looking and pointed to the side of the office where a cart was littered with everything she had mentioned and a bit more. It had arrived just a minute before they had. As Yuii rushed over to begin perusing the cart, Ayumu turned the last page of the report and finally looked up.

"A guest, eh? I thought that cart seemed a bit overloaded... even for you!"<i></i> Ayumu joked, glancing over at the packed cart before glancing over to the other two visitors. One he was pretty familiar with: Suika, she was pretty much attached to Yuii at the hip at this point it seemed. For a Sennin to keep her around so much, she must have been pretty reliable. One wondered what sort of plans Yuii might have for the girl in the future.

"Suika, good to see you again,"<i></i> Ayumu acknowledged, giving a relaxed smile before turning his attention to the final woman gracing his office. This one was no doubt the so-called Sennin from Leaf, which was largely all the information that had been passed along from Yuii to Ayumu before now. Ayumu was no stranger to meeting with shinobi from Konoha lately with the numerous refugees that had shown up at their gates as of late.

"And you must be the Konoha Sennin. I am Kogami Ayumu... Raikage. I didn't catch your name just yet?"<i></i> Ayumu commented, prompting for someone whether it was one of the Kumo shinobi or the woman in question herself to introduce her. He wondered if she brought some news from Konoha. Perhaps she was here to inquire about the refugees. Depending, the meeting could become quite interesting.

Suika

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The trio of women made their way down the familiar, cold streets of Kumogakure toward the tower of their esteemed leader. Suika found guiding the Leaf Medical Sennin through her village quite interesting; the exotic woman, whose appearance mirrored the snowy peaks of Monumentum Deo, was oddly pleasant. The Chuunin, who typically had a great sense in deciphering people’s intentions, couldn’t really piece her together the way she normally did others. She didn’t detect any malevolence in the woman’s mannerisms or tone, but her eloquence and her cordial demeanor felt masterful… intentional, almost. Although she inwardly speculated, Suika still couldn’t put her finger on it.

As Yuii explained the village’s consideration to their civilians, the girl backed her statement with an agreeing nod. Before she could add on a more vocalized support, a loud, ringing shriek interrupted the flow of conversation. Suika did not flinch. It wasn’t the first time there were technical issues with the village’s headsets and, unfortunately, it wouldn’t be the last. Whose job was to fix that again?

Attempting to keep an ear in Yuii’s conversation whilst also acknowledging the woman that spoke to her, Suika turned and directed her attention to the foreign shinobi. Her words did somewhat surprise her; seldom did superiors, such as politicians or foreign shinobi, interact with the Chuunin much during occasions such as this. She didn’t mind – it was her job, after all, to ensure that the Main Branch Sennin’s job was a bit more relieved with her presence. “I’m more of an apprentice, if anything,” she responded with a grin that revealed both friendliness and a hint of playfulness, “…some can say it calls for shinobi with potential, others can say it calls for ones dumb enough to take on more work. I’m still trying to figure which I fit into.”</B><i></i> The girl winked. Although her humor was debatably self-depreciating, her aura exuded a quiet confidence.

<B>“Oooo, pastries,” she sang as she immediately lit up. Suika normally kept every word and action she crafted intentional, but she tended to abandon some of that control when she anticipated or indulged in satisfying her sweet tooth. Funny enough, it was the love of sweets that she and Yuii had most in common. “Good call, Yuii-sama,” she complimented with a pleased grin, “you’re in for a treat, Mikasa-san.” The Medical Sennin chimed in with her own excitement; it appeared she had a sweet tooth of her own. This instantly bumped her up a few notches in the kunoichi’s books.

With talks of cider and a rumbling stomach, Suika, with the two women, entered the Raikage’s tower and made their way to his office. With Yuii’s customary knocks, the trio entered their leader’s space and were greeted with a cart full of goods. Truth be told, Suika’s hungering eyes completely skipped over Ayumu and to the piles of pastries near him. It took a second to refocus and remind herself why she was there; she waited for Yuii to get the first word in, then replied to the man’s greeting. “Nice to see you, too, Ayumu-sama. You’re healing well,” she acknowledged. Despite how disheveled he looked, he did look decent all things considering.

With that, Suika slipped into her place in the sidelines, unashamedly helped herself to some pastries, and was ready to provide support to her Sennin when needed. Like always, she spent her time observing the encounter at hand; every bit of information was important, especially when convening with shinobi from a foreign nation. If she were to one day lead, it was best to take this opportunity to learn what she could.

Kagetsu Yuii

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yuii made a line towards the pies by instinct and intuition before Ayumu could even point them out. One could even call it a sixth sense of sorts. Critically she looked over the provision of pies that had been sent up even as she stuffed the first flaky casualty into her mouth which burned her tongue and cheek on contact. There would be enough, she decided pensively over the pile of forty pocket pies. They would need to be careful about fourths and fifths to make certain there was enough to take home, though. Satisfied and red-cheeked she deftly piled a plate high with pastry for herself, then in an uncharacteristically generous move, fixed a second and third while Ayumu finished his short greetings. She gestured towards the ever important cider and coffee which someone had insightfully thought to add, trying to catch Suika's attention in the act. Ayumu did seem like he could benefit from the caffeine.

"Tsukasa Mikasa. Medical Sennin" Yuii supplied the name to her Raikage, while wandering back from the cart. She set the first of the plates down in front of him, moving his paperwork to the side of his desk within the purview of his working arm, followed by a quick bow. It wasn't normal for Yuii to fetch Ayumu food, he had two legs and working hands most days after all, and she wasn't his secretary or servant. But as Suika's question about Ayumu's health and the bandages had implied, he had been injured recently and the effects of that still showed. What troubled her more was the shadow of fatigue over his face. Yuii wasn't fond of medical shinobi and was the first to shrug off their advice, but in this case, they were probably, maybe, a little, tiny bit, right that he needed to rest. Mikasa was the only barrier keeping from being lectured just then, but she was also her excuse to make sure he ate. It all could be masked in politeness at least- she was only making sure they didn't need to be distracted by getting their own food.

And by that logic, Suika would be able to get her own pies.

The second plate was held out in offering to Mikasa to take with a polite smile as she continued to explain the situation with some exaggerations, "The on-duty guards found her half frozen and starved at the gate, Kogami. I just knew you would like the opportunity to show off our legendary hospitality with some warm food and a welcome since it's been so long since the last Leaf Shinobi of rank visited and you love to hear about the south." Food delivered, she would take up standing a little to the right of Ayumu's desk to eat her pies while keeping vigilant.

(Sorry for the wait!! >w< )

Tsukasa Mikasa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Diligently the platinum mane kunoichi address her current predicament, silently her digits course through her locks in hopes of straightening the frazzle. Normally Mikasa was not hellbent on setting a pretense of having to look formal, yet being in a foreign country and mere moments away from coming face to face with the commander let a foul taste in her mouth; yet she would not grumble. Fortunately through great efforts, Mikasa is able to semi correct the wild behavior, but her chapped lips would certainly be another battle altogether - only aiding her desire to postpone for at least a mere an hour would have sufficed!

Glancing towards the azure woman, the maiden could nearly taste the excitement radiating from the village superior and inevitably the guests lips would broaden to allow a smile to settle. "You are definitely alleviating a bit of tension, I greatly appreciate that, Yuii-san." she murmurs, prior to stepping out from the elevators to be enamored in the sweet fragrances of pastry's and a multitude of additional mixtures swirling together.

Initially Mikasa's tundra orbs settle on the features of the injured gentlemen settled behind his broad workspace, crows feet nearly matched that of her own; however both were due to far differentiating circumstances. Ayumu's slightly grey blue eyes were interesting, a darkened overcast, complimenting his raven messy hair and reminded the kunoichi of her own 'sibling'. Furthermore, the Konohagakure visitor briefly eyes the sling, not wishing to pry into the personal circumstances and clearly out of the loop of the events prior to reaching the Dragon Tooth Pass. "I am humbled that you are seeing me on such brief notice, Raikage Kogami Ayumu-sama." she replies in a brisk tone, the palm of her hand - the sole gloved one, presses against her chest as Mikasa bows daintily in the lords presence.

Returning to her full height, mind you that it was a mere one hundred sixty-two centimeters, the maiden poses herself to the utmost formality. "I am Tsukasa Mikasa, Medical Sennin and co-acting temporary Hokage of Konohagakure." she introduces, rummaging about through her satchel to remove the Hokage broad hat, "However I am here acting to accordance of my actual title, I was seeking audience with Tsuyoshi Junko-san, as I was unable to reach him. Admittedly, upon stumbling on the gates, I learned he was no longer helming the medical facilities of Kumogakure." pausing momentarily once more, the guest ponders on enjoying the delicacies presented.

"During our time in Kurosawa, in between our respective matches, we held a medical conference in hopes of reaffirming our relations and initial plans on having my medical staffing learning from various experiences in Lightning Country. I sent a few prior to my travels, I pray that they have successfully interrogated into the village and will continue to have a fuller life within your walls." she explains in a sincere tone, now only allowing herself to treat herself towards the kind gesture of Yuii; for if Suika was able to composure herself and enjoy a snack, then the platinum mane kunoichi surely should be able to do the same.

The fierce aroma of the pie was difficult to ignore and absentmindedly she begins to test the waters, much to her surprise the treat held a fantastic taste, "Mmmm, this is made solely in Lightning Country?" she mumbles between mouthfuls, "Shame!" the grin on her features widening considerablely as the Konohagakure surprise guest presses her free hand against her cheek.

[OOC: MFT]

Kogami Ayumu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ayumu watched as Yuii immediately set to task inspecting the provisions for the meeting by stuffing one in her mouth for a start. A moment later she introduced the woman she'd brought to his office as none other than the Medical Sennin of Konoha as she brought him delicious treats. Perhaps it was the distraction of the much anticipated baked goods that caused him to gloss over the title she mentioned at first. More likely it was the fatigue. Yuii explained that she'd shown up at the gates cold and hungry. That wasn't uncommon for anybody who had never made the trek to the gates before.

The woman gave a polite bow in thanks for seeing her and then went on to formally introduce herself. Not only the Medical Sennin, but co-acting-Hokage at that, and yet as her title finally registered for Ayumu it was not the later that caught his attention but the former. Medical Sennin, she said? Had he not met the Medical Sennin of Konoha just days prior during the battle at the gates? The woman before him had a unique look to her, not an easy face to forget, he was certain that it wasn't the same person even if his prior meeting of the Medical Sennin had been on a battlefield. It seemed unlikely the title had changed hands in the matter of a few days, which to Ayumu meant that one of the two had been lying.

The second half of her title registered as she pulled the Hokage hat from her bag, beginning to explain her reason for coming. She dropped the name of the former Medical Sennin of Kumogakure, Junko, referring to plans she had made in regards to establishing a good relationship between the medical branches of the two villages. She mentioned that she had already sent shinobi ahead of her, and recognition set in. He'd seen her signature on the passport of those three that arrived together. She was the one that signed off on allowing them to get out of Konoha.

"Maikeru, Reicheru, Daenerisu... yes... they are doing well. You're the one that allowed them to leave Konoha, then," Ayumu noted as he watched her allow herself to indulge in the sweets provided. For the moment, Ayumu left his untouched as he tried to figure out what was going on. Every shinobi that had come to Kumogakure as of late had told of the suffering they'd been through at the hands of the Hokage Takeshi, including the three that this woman herself had let come from Konoha. The fact that she herself had let them go suggested she wasn't exactly seeing eye to eye with Takeshi. What confused Ayumu was her claims to be the co-acting Hokage and Medical Sennin, claims about which Ayumu had many doubts. For instance, why would a Hokage make the trek here without any escort whatsoever?

"Let's set aside meeting the Medical Sennin for the moment. Truth be told, I've heard a number of troubling things about Konoha lately. We've had several shinobi of Konoha show up here seeking asylum, claiming the Hokage Takeshi to be a cruel tyrant... including the three you sent to us. They were very forthcoming with us, which worked to their advantage... I'd suggest that you follow the same strategy. Could you tell me how you came to be co-Hokage, what's become of Takeshi, and why another Konoha shinobi told me just days ago that she was the Medical Sennin?<i></i> Ayumu questioned. His tone was not hostile, just inquisitive. A number of things just didn't add up. Relaxing in his seat as he awaited a response, he at last picked up a fork and retrieved a small corner of a pastry he had been brought before partaking.

Suika

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As she ate her pastry, Suika continued to observe the group's interaction. Everything that occurred, from polite offerings to formalities, did not surprise her; that's typically how meetings like this began. As it went on and Mikasa disclosed her reason for being here along with her Hokage hat, the girl raised an internal brow. "Interesting..." It was no mystery that things had gone down in Konoha as of late, especially after they met with the Leaf refugees, Maikeru, Reicheru, and Daenerisu. If she stood in the Raikage's place, that would be her primary concern over any medical treatise. It appeared Ayumu felt the same.

"Very interesting," she mused after Ayumu's inquisitions. His concerns were completely warranted; who was Mikasa, really, and what was her purpose her in relation to conflict in the Land of Fire? Although curious, Suika, whilst visibly calm, mentally prepared herself for any which direction this meeting went. She didn't sense any malice from the Medical Sennin, but it was better to be safe than sorry.

"Mmm..."<i></i> she hummed to herself as she took another generous bite into the small pie. Let's see how this went.

[OOC: Sorry for the short post, but I didn't have much to add!]

Kagetsu Yuii

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yuii rocked back on her heels and sucked her breath between her teeth as Mikasa produced a Hokage’s hat. It looked like the real deal, she’d seen one in person numerous times after all on the head of Umashi, but she couldn’t for the life of her understand why the dove haired woman had one. Nothing that they had heard from fire country had mentioned that there was a co-kage in Leaf, in fact, it had been quite the opposite. The three adolescents that Mikasa admitted to sending to Kumogakure had implied that she was opposed to Takeshi and against the atrocities they had reported. And, despite his many failings, she did not think the edgy brat Maikeru would have called his ex-sensei in as a refugee if he did not believe it should be true.

So what had changed?

Ayumu had a good handle on things though, and there was little add to. He knew far more than she about the crisis in Fire country and the refugees that had arrived. She’d had to come nose to nose with the long named slimeball before she’d ever known he was lurking around in Kumogakure’s Anbu branch. The rest, besides the three youngsters, she had only heard about.

Her eyes darted to Suika, happily munching away and forgetting she might be needed for more than eating sweets. Yuii almost laughed.

“Pardon, Kogami-sama, it seems my protege had forgotten her job,” she said under her breath in a sing-song voice not meant to interject over the current conversation. She sauntered from the Kage’s side back to the tray of food and untouched drink. “Bronze! Το αγόρι ήταν σε υπηρεσία πύλης όταν έφτασε και με κάλεσε στις πύλες γιατί πίστευε ότι πρέπει να είναι πρόσφυγας. Αναρωτιέμαι και για τα κίνητρά της. Επίσης, ρίξτε το μηλίτη Bronze,Διψάω.”

Yuii busied herself with eating another pie as she watched Suika. Quietly, nonchalantly she asked.“Τι λες; Μείνε σε επιφυλακή.”

Tsukasa Mikasa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
A wisp escapes the pursed lips of the wanderer, one of relief, and within a few moments a grin etches across the maiden's features at the simple sentence of trio doing well. "That is correct, I permitted them passports to leave the village and do as they pleased, although I was no stranger to their ultimate goal." Mikasa admits, doing her utmost to resist the further temptations of the treats being offered in abundance.

To no surprise, the Raikage was swift to alter the conversation to the matter that interested his lordship , "Of course, my apologies Kogami Ayumu-sama." the medical kunoichi replies in a brisk tone, crossing her legs daintily and settling her shimmering tundra gaze onto the aging leader before her. What had come next was shocking, curiously Mikasa's head tilts with a clear expression of confusion, "Another claiming to be a Sennin?" she murmurs rhetorically, "Impossible, no disrespect intended, but I am the only one who has traversed from Hi no Kuni as of late, unless one is capable of warping across the world without needing to move a single inch." a brief pause would ensue, "Which would be of great amusement and very convenient, no?" she offers as a starting focal point.

"Foremost, allow me to place your mind at ease, Lady Shinrya Kahako-san was present during the meeting and can verify my status claim. Not to mention the tournament broadcasting the very same through my multiple matches. However, I do not wish to harp on this particular portion, I believe you are far more concerned with the later." the kunoichi begins, gently coursing her digits across the rear of her sole gloved hand, "At the current moment there is a cease fire with the Land of Frost and Konohagakure. Shimogakure intended on claiming our lands for their own and due to massive causalities on both ends did our countries come to proper terms, at least for the time being." she begins, not wishing to be lengthy with details, yet this certainly was warranted.

Taking a deep breath, the platinum mane kunoichi continues, "In spite of my overwhelming differences in philosophy with the Hokage, among various issues, did he combat on the main line and became bed ridden with fatigue - wounds to be more precise. His recovery is ideal and to consistently having to oversee the village, a speedy recovery was not plausible. Thus our Main Branch Sennin, Yuu Kenshin, and myself were given the temporary authority to govern until his return." Clasping her hands together, she returns her attention to a particular fluffy croissant and begins to eye the fair fleshed Yuii and apprentice - in hopes of coaxing them into allowing her for another more sol.

Assuming the risk was minimal, Mikasa bows her head politely prior to plucking free a delectable, "Our village is in a delicate state due to numerous reasons, but I felt Yuu Kenshin-san was more than capable of silencing himself as I traversed to our allies to ensure our ties remain in tact, my reputation in the tournament and summit enough evidence to allow entrance, or so I thought. Despite our potential future difficulties within the village, I still wished to assure our allies we were are still capable, hence my journeying to visit with the no longer in power Junko-san."

Frowning, the kunoichi leans forward to stare directly into the eyes of the village leader, "What troubles me mostly is the claim of one holding my position, which leads me to believe the Land of Frost is still playing foul."

<i>​
</i>
[OOC: Apologies on the delay, was a hectic week! // MFT]

Kogami Ayumu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ayumu had chosen to lay his cards on the table, speaking plainly about what he knew and what he wanted to know from Mikasa. He had hoped that she would respond in kind and cast aside any deception. Of course, he couldn't expect that of a shinobi, lying effectively was a trait much lauded by their kind. Not that he could say for certain that Mikasa was being duplicitous, but somebody was whether it was her or the woman Ayumu had met on the battlefield. Ayumu listened to Yuii speak to her subordinate in their language, one that he had been required to learn during his time in ANBU. She subtly slipped in some back story about how Mikasa had arrived at the gates and voiced her suspicion. Yuii had a healthy suspicion of strangers, one that probably served Ayumu well. He did have a tendency to want to trust people.

Mikasa denied the possibility that the woman Ayumu had met was the Medical Sennin, which certainly meant that one or the other of them was lying. She provided her argument for believing her story. Apparently, she'd met Kahako and the woman would be able to verify her claim as Medical Sennin. Were this true, it would certainly lend some credibility, and he would check with Kahako shortly to be sure. Aside from this, Mikasa referenced the tournament in tea which she had participated in. Admittedly, Ayumu had thought he remembered seeing her somewhere or hearing the name leading up to this moment, but he hadn't recalled from where until just now. He had been present at the tournament. Watched the fights. He recalled now, she had indeed been there and from what he recalled she was somebody important from Konoha.

She went on to explain that at present there was a ceasefire in place between Konoha and Shimogakure. Furthermore, she explained that Takeshi had been wounded in battle which led to his handing over authority to Sennins- hence the title she had claimed as co-acting-Hokage. Despite the uneasy truce and delicate situation the village was in, apparently Mikasa had deemed it important that she travel to Kumogakure to discuss the cooperation between the Medical branch of the two villages. She relayed her concern that perhaps the person who had claimed to Ayumu that she was the Medical Sennin was in fact an agent of Frost.

"That concerns me as well,"<i></i> Ayumu responded, pausing for a moment as he placed a hand flat on his desktop and pushed himself to a standing position. "Excuse me for just a moment while I make a quick call, please continue to help yourselves,"<i></i> he stated, walking towards the door through which he disappeared momentarily. Quite simply, he was seeking information, a way to the bottom of this conundrum. He made quick radio contact with the hospital, got in contact with Kahako just briefly enough to verify that she had indeed met Medical Sennin Tsukasa Mikasa in Tea. That seemingly sealed the case. They had not received any word of any changes in Konoha that would lead Ayumu to refute the woman's claims now that they were verified by the Sennin of his own village.

Moments later, he returned through the door and walked back to his desk, slowly taking his seat as carefully as he could with one arm in a sling. He heaved a sigh and smiled genuinely, scratching the back of his head with his free hand. "Seems I do owe you an apology, Mikasa. I've spoken with Kahako and she of course recalls meeting you in Tea at the medical conference,"<i></i> Ayumu admitted. At this point, it would be ridiculous to take the word of a woman he had only met in passing days before over the word of somebody with the backing to her claims that Mikasa had. Ayumu placed a hand on his chest and bowed his head slightly. "I apologize, but one can never be too careful,"<i></i> he said before raising his head once more and taking renewed interest in the pastry on his desk. He claimed another piece and partook, savoring the heavenly flavor for a moment before continuing.

"At any rate, the claim of that other woman does concern me. I'm not certain who she was or why she would want to deceive me. All she did was offer medical assistance to our shinobi before taking her leave,"<i></i> Ayumu went on, taking another pause for another bite. "I think it would be most prudent to send a message to Konoha and alert them to the pretender. Perhaps they will have some idea to her identity or motives,"<i></i> Ayumu proposed as he turned to look at Yuii.

"Yuii, παρακαλώ στείλτε ένα μήνυμα στο Konoha. Δεν είμαι ακόμα σίγουρος τι να πιστέψω. Κάτι περίεργο συμβαίνει,"<i></i> he spoke in the tongue that only the natives in the room would understand. He wasn't certain what was going on, if there was really some ploy afoot by one of Konoha's enemies. There was only one way he could see forward to get to the bottom of it.

Suika

Yen
ASP
Deaths
With Yuii's call, Suika nearly swallowed a pie whole as she glided over to the Sennin's side. "My apologies," she stated quietly as she patted the sides of her mouth with a handkerchief. Tuning into Yuii's words, the girl simply nodded and reached for the cider. "Sure thing," she muttered casually as she poured the woman a generous glass. Suika's body language or expressions didn't reveal much, but that was very purposeful.

"Αυτό σίγουρα δεν προσθέτει. Συμφωνώ ότι πρέπει να είμαστε στα δάχτυλα των ποδιών μας," she responded as she grinned and reached for another pie. "Sure, I will offer her another." Suika slid by Mikasa and held out some pies for her to grab if she wanted them. Whether she did or not, she'd return to her place by Yuii and keep herself preoccupied by writing notes on today's meeting. She had a great memory, so her efforts were shallow; she just did this to look busy in front of their guest. Everyone had their role to play, after all.

The exchange between the Raikage and the Medical Sennin continued. After Ayumu temporarily dismissed himself, Suika extended even more hospitality to the Konohagakurian. "Would you like some cider to wash the pie down, Mikasa-san?" she asked as she reached for a glass and began to fill it. "If you prefer, we also have water," she added as she motioned toward a pitcher next to the glass. The kunoichi was being very friendly, which wasn't totally unlike her, but she was intentional with every action she exhibited in this scene. She was playing a support role, but every chess piece was important in the grand scheme of the game. She would make sure she did her part.

As Ayumu returned and confirmed that Mikasa was, indeed, the current reigning Medical Sennin of Konogakure, he called for immediate action to notify Leaf of the probable impostor in their midst. Throughout this, the kunoichi refrained from humming aloud in contemplation; this was getting very interesting. As he spoke their village's tongue to Yuii, Suika prepared herself to follow her Sennin's lead in however she decided to respond.

"Η δολοφονία μας περιβάλλει" she mused to herself.

Tsukasa Mikasa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ayumu's momentary disappearance was an oddity, yet the traveler knew she wasn't in any position to object to his dismissal. Snapping back into the realm of reality, Suika's kind gesture surfaced a cheeky grin onto the features of the maiden, "As thoroughly as I would enjoy indulging myself on a cider, or two, I feel it would not be in my best interest in front of such important hosts." pausing momentarily, Mikasa begins to pour herself a glass of water to wash down the pleasantries provided thus far. "Admittedly, I am not one to hold very well with any sort drink, regardless of the strength. I am afraid to embarrass myself any further than I have thus far!" the kunoichi adds hastily.

Observing the Main Branch Sennin, an odd silence would ensue as the group nommed away at their treats until the re-emergence of his Raikage lordship. In response to his apology, the traveler from Konohagakure comes to a complete stand and ultimately bowing her head deeply. "I am the one that needs to apologize, I have caused an enormous inconvenience and have placed you all in an awkward situation." returning to her seat, as soon as Ayumu had, does the platinum mane medical nin continue, "I do hope I can speak with Kohako-san at least once this visit.." she murmurs aloud, mostly to herself.

Pausing, her right index finger prods against her chin thoughtfully, "Agreed, as much as I do not wish to reveal that I have left the village, but it is necessary, as it is apparent that numerous items are amiss." Silencing herself once more with one final treat, Mikasa's tundra gaze glances between the esteemed hosts, none the wiser to the unknown language bantering outside of the universal word - Konoha.

Truthfully, it was a bit disturbing that the three openly discussed items in their language and if the situation was reversed she were sure any of the others would feel similar. After all, what was there to truly hide? Although, that was certainly the pot calling the kettle black. Shrugging the notion off, a warm grin is aimed towards the three as she crosses her legs once more. "Is there anyway for me to repay your kindness thus far? Seems a bit unfair of myself to not offer!"

[OOC: MFT]

Kogami Ayumu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Mikasa seemed to have no qualms about the idea of contacting Konoha to give them warning about a potential imposter running around claiming to be their Medical Sennin. Were the situation reversed, Ayumu knew he would certainly want to know of such a person. Ayumu broke that train of thought as Mikasa asked if there were anything she could do to repay their kindness. Ayumu held up a hand and shook his head. "Please, there is nothing to repay. I only wish I could have avoided this mix-up and greeted you properly,"<i></i> Ayumu responded. Indeed, he was now certain that he recognized her as the woman who had participated in the tournament and with the further verification from Kahako there was no reason beyond paranoia to doubt the woman now.

"You are our guest here, so kindness is what should be expected. At least, thanks to Yuii, you've been able to enjoy this spread. That said, I will arrange lodging for you for the duration of your stay and a guide to take you there,"<i></i> Ayumu went on. There was a particular high class hotel that was well known in Kumogakure as the preferred lodging for ambassadors and other high ranking political figures. The last time a Hokage had come to Kumogakure, it was naturally where they had stayed. "As for meeting Kahako, I will inform her that you are hoping to meet,"<i></i> Ayumu continued, though he could not make any promises. There were circumstances that could prevent that meeting from occurring, truth be told, and it was quite possible that Mikasa would have to meet a different representative for the branch unfortunately. "If you are ready, I'll let you be on your way and have a guide meet you in the lobby,"<i></i> Ayumu concluded. He was also eager to prepare that message to Konoha once he was finished with this meeting.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back