Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Life passes by [open]

Chikara

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Autobiography said:
On this day I sat at the exit for Sunagakure. At my age I was unable to fully grasp the concept of what this structure, outlined in a giant sandworm's skeleton, really meant. It was a reminder of the things we Sunans could do. We're a strong village, capable of anything. Of course, though I looked to be of a mature age I was only nine, and my mind was on other matters at the time. I wasn't sitting there to contemplate the meaning of the Maw of Barnyx, I was there to wait. I used to wait every day, but as time passed I started to give up hope and came less and less. I hoped that maybe one day she would come back, and if she didn't I wanted to be there waiting for her.
I didn't know my mother personally; she left for unknown circumstances shortly after I was born. I knew she loved me, though, and that it was hard for her to let me go. No one on my dad's side of the family could tell me why she left, and my father himself couldn't tell me because quite frankly he was a wolf and couldn't speak. This was why I did this, to show her that I still loved her despite her leaving me. At least I wasn't orphaned; I had the Faita clan to guide me. I had a pretty normal life despite her absence, and the demonic split-personality that I could now turn on and off at will… And the large talking key chained to my back. Yeah, a pretty normal life for a kunoichi.
[WC:273]

For a look at Nenogami's appearance, my signature also serves as a doorway to my profile, yo.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The Maw of Barnyx, a strange place for a nine year old to be. A pair of eyes watched Nenogami from a far distance away before moving closer. The figure belonged to that of Chizuru, the prized daughter of the Yamazaki clan’s current leader. She was a mere 12 years of age but already considered at a genius level of intellect. The cute girl was dressed in a long black dress with white leggings and a pair of lovely Mary Jane style shoes that were also black. It seemed to be her favorite color, or at least was the theme of her current style of dress.

“Neno…” Chizuru begins, her face showing know emotion at all. “…what are you doing all the way out here?”

Chikara

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Autobiography said:
I was lost in my thoughts when Chizuru arrived. Her sudden appearance startled me, causing me to jerk my head toward her. She asked me what I was doing there so I knew I had to come up with an excuse, else should would tell her father and he would tell my father and my father would be disappointed. I didn't want my father to think I wasn't satisfied with him, so instead I stood up with a crooked posture and looked at her. The face on the large key attached to my back turned fierce but did not look at Chizuru; instead it looked up out of the Maw of Barnyx as if staring into the darkness of eternity.

"Ch-chizuru? I was just sitting here. I had nothing better to do." I placed a hand on my hip and looked in the same direction as my key's face was. "Besides, my giant key seemed to be interested in the Maw of Barnyx." Since the key couldn't talk, it was easy for me to pin things on him. When I said that it looked down at me and I at him, and he looked like he was insulted. I remember wondering if he could feel emotions, or if his facial expressions were just by coincidence.

"What brings you to here, Chizuru? Did you want to play?" I felt a grin forming on my face at the thought of playing a game with someone, it had been so long since the last time I got to play a good game…

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Chizuru takes a few moments to look Nenogami over. She was such an interesting person to behold. They had known each other for some time now but not even Chizuru was fully aware of just what it was that made Nenogami tick. She was song young but at the same time she looked much older than Chizuru. It fascinated Chizuru and the little Yamazaki wanted nothing more than to just run experiments and tests on Nenogami, but Chizuru would never do such a thing without permission…not to those she actually cared about. After listening to Nengami’s reasoning for being there, Chizuru smiles brightly and speaks up.

“You sure came a long way to sit here and do nothing. Did that key of yours really drag you all the way out here just to gaze up at the remains of this once magnificent creature? Seems kind of odd to me, but then again, that key has always been an oddity to me…and I don’t mean the one in your head.”

Chizuru always wanted to turn that key, but imagined it would be rude to just start messing with Neno’s head accessory as there could be dire consequences for doing so. Chizuru would finally answer Nenogami’s question.

“I came here looking for you. I just had a feeling I’d find you here. I was…well yes, I would like to play.” She’d smile brightly at that.

Chikara

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Autobiography said:
I felt bad for lying, and even worse that she seemed to believe me. At least, I should have felt that way. I knew that I was doing a bad thing by not telling the truth, but I wasn't doing it for a dark reason. This wasn't the personality inside me leaking through; I just didn't want to show weakness. I was supposed to be strong, I was a nine-year-old jounin and I needed to act like it. I couldn't let any emotions show, such as missing my mother that I never knew. When Chizuru finished speaking I thought about the key in my head and touched it with my finger, and when I did that my larger key's face turned fierce.

"Calm down," I whispered to it, and then turned back to Chizuru just as she was explaining her being there. I wondered why she was looking for me, but then she said she would like to play with me and I forgot all about that. My childish instincts took over control of my more adult senses and I found myself clapping my hands together.

"Hurray, Chizuru!" I hadn't played a game in so long that I was simply overjoyed. "What do you want to play?" I began rambling after that, suggesting various childhood games that today I can't remember. I remember the key on my back rolling his eyes. He wasn't much for games; he was more into combat training and I knew that. At least he looked happier when I was training or fighting. I never really thought about it, especially at that point in time. I was too focused on having a play-date with my friend…

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Honestly, Chizuru hadn’t been prepared to actually play with Nenogami. She had just wanted to find her and bring her back home. The girl was always wandering out here for reasons unknown to Chizuru and it made the cute girl worry. Sure Nenogami was a jounin but that didn’t make this place any less dangerous, or at least the potential for danger. Chizuru tilts her head and was suddenly lost in thought as she began to process way more information than was necessary for such a simple question. It was both a blessing and a curse for her. She’d finally snap out of it, turning her gaze back to Nenogami and smiling at her.

“We could go back to my house and play dress-up. I’ve got a few things I’ve made in the last month or so that you have not tried on yet. Barring that, we could always play a game of tag, though that’s not so fun with just two people…and you’re faster than me anyway. We could play Jan-Ken-Pon…maybe a game of hide and go seek? I’ve got some six sided dice back at home…we could play chinchirorin…if you’ve any money to bet on it. I guess we could use something other than money, but I’m not sure what. We could always spar too. To be honest I just wanted to make sure you were safe.”

She had no reason to lie about why she had come up here in the first place. Chizuru didn’t have many secrets or things to hid and preferred to share her feelings and thoughts with people unless she was specifically told to keep something a secret, of course. Chizuru eyes that key in Nenogami’s head finding it hard to resist that urge to reach out and give it a turn.

Chikara

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Autobiography said:
Chizuru seemed to be lost in thought and as she pondered whatever thoughts she had in her head at the time, I placed a finger on my bottom lip and tilted my head slightly. I was wondering what she was thinking, but then she looked back at me and smiled. Her sudden gaze took me by surprised, but so did her first suggestion. I didn't really hear the rest of what she said; I was too focused on the concept of "dress up". I remember looking down at my body, at the wraps that covered my private areas. When she finished talking I looked at her with a blank look and scratched my temple.

"Dress… up…?" I asked before looking back down at my body. "I don't wear clothes, Chizuru. What if your family's estate was attacked while I was wearing something? I wouldn't be able to fight as effectively." I shook my head slowly. I then realized what she had said at the end about making sure I was safe. It wasn't often that someone would "wonder" if I was safe anymore. Of course uncle Iori probably worried about me then, but he was more of a therapist to me than anything. The only reason I even knew the Yamazaki family was because Iori's cousin was my mother.

"I don't need you to wonder if I'm safe. The Faita family has been nothing but fighters for generations, their very name means 'fighter'. I've been trained by them since I could walk, I can get myself out of any situation." I talked with a straight face, no hint of emotion. It was the truth, at least I felt that way at the time. I didn't think there was anything that could bring me down easily by itself, but at the same time I knew I had a lot to learn. I still had to learn to control my emotions, but at that time I was content with pretending to have control over them.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“Firstly, if someone were to attack the Yamazaki Estate while me and you were playing dress up I’m quite confident in the abilities of my father and Auntie Suzuhime to be able to protect us. Not to mention the fact that there are plenty of my father’s creations about the house whom are more than capable of protecting us. Secondly, I have designed clothes for you to actually be able to fight in whilst still looking very fashionable.” Chizuru lifts her skirt just a bit and then suddenly takes up a fighting stance (crane style as per her pic in her bio). “See, free range of movement while remaining both modest and in style.”

Chizuru puts her hands upon her hips then and eyes Nenogami up and down as she’d begin to ponder something before she’d speak up again.

“Bandages aren’t clothes, Neno. They are for dressing wounds and for mummies.” She giggles at that last bit. “You should really try on the dress I made, it took several weeks to craft it specifically just for you, can you at least try it on some day? Doesn’t have to be today. Also, why should I not worry about you? You are family, of course I worry about you. You’re like my little sister…it’s only natural that I worry about and want to protect you.”

Chikara

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Autobiography said:
I will admit that I never took into account the strength of the Yamazakis, I was thinking more about my own defense at that moment. I suppose you could say I was a selfish child, I thought if we were attacked I'd be the one who would have to fight. Iori, Chizuru's aunt, Iori's experiments, they could all defend the estate. I had never thought of it in any other way, it was the same for the Faita Mansion. With a house of highly trained fighters and medical shinobi you would think I'd feel safe, but I hardly slept thinking that something might happen to me if I wasn't ready to fight. I'm the Tadashii's WARMACHINE; I couldn't let someone get the better of me. I had the power of two gods in my blood. I was strong.

"I apologize, Chizuru. It's just the way I am. I have to be ready for anything at any moment. I can't let anyone get the upper hand. I shouldn't even be playing games. I might be a little girl but I'm still a Jounin." I played with the hair on the back of my head and looked away for a second as I thought of something to say. "I suppose I've become too cold to be a child anymore." I wasn't sure what else to say. I looked down at my own body and then at Chizuru.

"I'm a little too tall to be a child, too." I rubbed my arm and looked at the ground. I wasn't sure if Chizuru knew about how insecure I was about my rapid growth. It was the only reason I was a Jounin, if I had the body of a nine-year-old I'd still be in the academy and probably wouldn't have the problems I do. I wouldn't have this key in my head, and this one attached to my back. It was something I didn't like to think about as it always made my mood switch. In that particular instance I began to feel upset. I was upset because I felt I wouldn't be able to have a normal childhood like Chizuru did because of it. She was so lucky.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“Don’t be silly. You’re not too tall to be a child. In fact, height isn’t a requirement as far as what determines if you are a child. Otherwise that would mean there’s a height requirement for determining if one is an adult or not and if that was the case that would mean Auntie Suzu is still a child as she is only mere inches taller than myself. Sure, you may be tall and have developed faster than normal but that doesn’t mean you can’t still take some time out to be a child. We’ve all got responsibilities, but there’s a time for work and there’s a time for play and right now, while we are just sitting here gazing at the rather majestic, if not a bit creepy, entrance and exit to our village, I think we should take some time to be children and play.”

Chizuru was wise beyond her years. She was only 12 but thanks to the way her father raised her she had been exposed to the world and not kept from learning things that were usually more of an adult nature. She was quite the little genius and seemed to always have an answer for some things. This made her rather blunt at times though and she came off as uppity and snobbish to some of the other children which left her with so few friends.

“Please Neno? If you’re not going to be a child anymore, I’ll have no one to play with...”

Chikara

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Autobiography said:
"I can't just stop being a child just like that," I said in an attempt to keep her cheerful. "You and I can still play. I can't help but want to play, I just feel like I should give it up so I can focus on the village." Just like I felt it would be my duty to fight off anyone that would attack the Yamazaki Estate should I be there, I felt it would be my duty to fight off any threat to the village. I was too young and mentally unstable to understand the concept of teamwork. At that time I thought I was alone in a battle, but it didn't help that Chizuru was my only real friend. Even my cousins in the Faita family wanted nothing to do with me.
"Why don't we go to the estate, Chizuru?" I just wanted to change the subject, but I figured if we went to her house we could play and forget about what had happened. "I could try on that dress, and besides that I haven't seen Iori in a while so he might want to talk." I rubbed the back of my head. I really just wanted to see Iori, but I hadn't the heart to tell her. Regardless, my face stayed apathetic through the whole thing. My larger key, however, looked bored and frustrated.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Chizuru moves closer to Nenogami and reaches out to take hold of her hands if allowed. Whilst Neno replied, Chizuru listened intently and nods to her. When she makes the suggestion to go to the Yamazaki estate, Chizuru nods with glee, unaware of the conflict within Nenogami.

“Ah, yes, I hope you’ll like the dress. It’ll be a lot better looking than some bandages and you’ll still have free range of movement whilst wearing it.”

Chizuru was overjoyed by this news and would attempt to give Nenogami a big hug as thanks for complying with her wants.

“Thank you, Neno. It means a lot to me that you’re at least willing to try on the dress and indulge me.”

It was rare that Chizuru showed this much affection to anyone that was not her own father, whom she loved and idolized very much. The whole world could go to madness but so long as Iori was there with her, Chizuru would not despair.

Chikara

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Autobiography said:
I was happy that Chizuru seemed to cheer up. It was nice to make someone happy; it wasn't something I did very often at that age. I was usually by myself a lot. It's probably why my face was always apathetic. Even then, after the girl hugged me, I didn't even smile. I felt awkward honestly; I wasn’t used to being grabbed like that. I almost kneed her in the stomach, but I resisted the urge. I knew she wasn't an enemy. My large key made a face of disgust, as if it hated the very thought of two creatures caring for each other.
"Let's go now, Chizuru." I forced a smile smirk and started walking in the direction of the estate. "We'd better hurry…" I looked back at the Maws of Barnyx and for a second I thought I saw her, but I shook the thought from my head and got my head back into the present. I was sure it was just my brain playing one of its tricks on me again. As I walked I would hum a children's song to myself, and watch Chizuru and try to understand what it was like to be a child.
[WC:200|Topic left]

Let's make a new topic in the Sietch. I'll let you make it since it's your home, I don't know what it looks like.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
So it was to be, the two would agree to head back to the Estate and have some fun dressing up. At least Chizuru was going to have fun with it. There was no telling if Nenogami would truly be sated, but Chizuru was not one to be able to tell when someone was faking a smile or feigning happiness. She was used to how her father treated her and he never held anything back or hid his emotions from her. As far as Chizuru was concerned she had made Nenogami happy with the thought of dressing up, though the facial expressions on the large key gave her small cause for concern. Was it a part of Neno? Was it how she truly felt? Who really knew other than Nenogami. All chizuru knew was she was finally going to get a chance to get Neno in that dress!

[Topic left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back