Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Make it Bun Dem [mission]

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths

"So you haven't heard about the Man in White?" asked Kagami with a sultry flutter of her eyelashes, covered with an overly thick coat of mascara. "Jesus Saito, I thought everyone knew about this story - well, in any case, I'll tell you for free. It's all bullshit anyway," she smirked as she set her serving tray down and pulled up a seat at the table.

For a multitude of reasons, most of which are unfit to put in print, chance happened to find three girls sitting at one of the tables of the 'Low Wang' in the Cronopolis of Kumogakure. A typical restaurant for the area, it was a tacky, neon-signed vendor of booze, flesh, and bad Dim-Sum sandwiched between a rickety tenement on one side and a chop-shop on the other. At least it was those things, on the surface. In reality, it was a hub for information - the true currency of the underworld. And it was in search of information that Yukiko Ayumi (a Jounin who wore way too much eyeliner herself), Mochizuki Tomo (a pervy male Genin who liked to crossdress to hide his shame), and Tsubaki Haruna (some sort of insect? Better not to ask.), found themsleves sipping melamine-enriched Oolong tea and picking at badly-done Lo Bak Gao while waiting for a lead to fall into their laps like a drunken stripper.

"Okay, so you know the 'Despair of Sayaka' Mah-Jong parlor a few blocks up the street? It's right next to the 'Madoka Cherry' brothel. Anyway, they say that every so often, on days like this when it's raining outside, there will be a Man in White who hangs out at the little bar they have inside. He'll have only one beverage during this time - a 'White Raikage', which I think is kinda gross, and after a few hours of watching the tables, he'll give this ginormous tip to the bartender, something like 10,000 yen, and leave. If you try to talk with him, he won't even give you the time of day. If you try to follow him out of the parlor to see where he goes, he'll literally just vanish. Scary, right?!" asked Kagami, before snorting in derision. "The only reason this story gets told as much as it does is because they say the Man in White is sitting on possibly the largest fortune in Kumo, like, maybe larger than the Shogun's own personal treasury. And if you impress him or something, maybe he'll let you in on the secret of where he hides it," she said, rising to gather up her serving tray. "Anyway, I gotta go see about the other tables. Let me know when you're ready for the check, alright?"

As Kagami sauntered away, she chuckled a bit to herself. The damned story was the lamest thing ever - not even worth a bent yen to tell. From what she could tell, the three girls at the table were shinobi - that much was obvious. Probably Main Branch Military Intelligence from the looks of them, as opposed to ANBU (who always caused trouble by getting drunk and firing their bolters into the ceiling), or Medical-Nin (who were lousy tippers and always smelled of formaldehyde). No, Main Branch did their best to fit in, but were the most gullible, oftentimes. Perhaps when she returned, they'd pay up for a real story - a lead that would please their boss.
Welcome to the mission :) The context of this all is that you're performing the most mundane of daily Main Branch tasks, which is to literally go around and eavesdrop in various shady locations within Kumo to gather information to report back to your superiors [The Spymaster and Sennin]. It's boring, drudge-filled work performed by shinobi who aren't on an assigned mission. However, there may be a lead to follow here...

This round, feel free to socialize and decide whether you're going to actually go through with chasing this apparently common rumor. Make sure to appoint a leader/spokesperson amongst yourselves.

Tanuki Rinko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tomo sniffed at his tea before taking a drink. Ever since a certain incident, he'd gotten into the habit of checking all of his beverages for alcohol. It had gotten to be such a bad habit that he even checked drinks he prepared himself. Tomo sighed inwardly as he sipped his tea. Today was information gathering for the village, a task he didn't mind if they didn't pair him with people. However, he had been put with two ladies who weren't very inconspicuous. Though Tsubaki tried to hide her...condition...the signs were still slightly there. However, those signs could only be seen by someone who knew of her predicament. As for Yukiko, her ears and tail definitely made her stand out. Of course, Tomo didn't have much room to talk. He had been called on the mission right after practice for his troupe's up-and-coming production. He wasn't given time to change out of his costume, so he was clad in a western-style dress. His make-up accented his more feminine features while his blonde wig took away any physical indication that he could possibly be a boy.
TomoPopIdolPrincess_zpsbece5fee.jpg

Tomo listened to the waitress' rumor, making notes on what to remember. 'Despair of Sayaka' Mah-Jong parlor, Man in White, 'White Raikage', large tip, won't talk, disappears, impress him. As the young woman took her leave, Tomo pondered on their lead. He crossed his arms and legs and leaned a little back in his chair. "Well, that's certainly an interesting rumor. I'm sure our superiors could use more money." Tomo shrugged. "Worth a look I'd wager." He gave his comrades a smile. "But I'm the younger one among us, so it is ultimately up to you two." Tomo's kept his ears on the conversation as he looked out the nearby window. He hated rain. It washed away his ink and messed with the trajectory of his arrows. At least there wouldn't be any fighting today...right?

WC: 320
[MFT]

[OOC: I was making assumptions about you ladies. If they are incorrect, let me know and I'll edit my post!]

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Hurana dresses herself up for such an occasion, such a mission demanded beauty. After becoming an insect her chest became completely flat. To make herself look more attractive she wears a puppet armor to give herself a pair of decent size breasts. She wore a red kimono and hides her extra arms within it. With a little bit of makeup she was like a geisha. She and a couple of cute looking girls sat at a table drinking tea as they waited for their target. Hurana of course insisted the waitress to let her pour the tea. Elegantly she pours the tea like a real geisha. Lying on the floor by her chair as she pours was a shamisen. The strings were made from her own silk and sounded quite beautiful. After serving her mission mates and she grabs her instrument, but as her finger graze the floor she creates her own custom jutsu

Being Hachiashi she has the capability to create a giant web out of threads of silk, while her puppeteering skills allows her to make threads of chakra. With a mixture of these two skills she is able to create a giant web of chakra big enough to cover half of the Cronopolis. Anything that has chakra steps on this web would send a vibration which will lead back to Haruna. Haruna is capable on deciphering these vibrations into locations of certain chakra signatures. If this man in white would to enter into the bar she should be able to lock on to said chakra and identify it as easily as another would identify the face of a loved one in a crowd.

She begins to play a melody which was soft and relaxing. “Indeed and from the sound of it I gather he uses some sort of invisibility jutsu to escape his predators.” Haruna smiles a wicked smile. “I’m curious to see how well this fly escapes my web.” Hopefully this man in white does have the ability to see chakra. The web might scare him away or tip her hand, but it was worth it either way.

[Marked for Training]
[Marked for Dojo]
[Ooc: Okay it is time for me to apply for some more abilities. First up Sensor]

Rakujo Yumeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
[col]
Ayumi sat in her chair and sipped her tea as she listened to people speak. She nodded slightly every now and again as she listened to the words through this story. She sipped on the tea here and there during the story. She looked over at the two people who seemed to be the teammates she had on this mission before sighing slightly. "I guess I'll be the one in charge. And you, please don't mention anything about wbs... or catching anyone, or anything, in them..." She said, hiding the fact that she would had shaken ever so slightly if she wasn't investigating rumors. "If no one objects me being leader, then I propose then we go to the Mah-Jongg parlor." She said, staning up after finishing her tea.

[~Topic entered~]
|
Postcode4_zpse3423711.jpg

[Yukiko Ayumi]
[/col]

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths

One by one, Haruna felt the sticky, outmost threads of her web start to vibrate…and then snap. It was a jarring staccato beat of microscopic chakra threads straining and then breaking in a line. All spiders could expect a certain percentage of their threads to break, of course, but an insect caught within those loose tendrils would usually end up pacified quickly. Not so with whoever was messing with her net. He, she, or even it seemed to be deliberately, methodically carving a path through Haruna’s web, as if simultaneously inviting as well as taunting her. Soon, the web stopped vibrating, near the location of the mah-jong joint.

“Here you guys go,” said their waitress, Kagami, cheerily as she handed Ayumi the bill for three orders of tea and two plates of Dim-Sum. Although the food had been practically inedible, soaked with grease and MSG, it was at least dirt-cheap. “Now, if you’re interested, I actually have heard a rumor about a certain deal that goes down nearby, that your masters might be interested in…” she offered hopefully. Upon seeing that no one was taking the offer, however, she rolled her eyes. “Oh, you’re seriously going for that Man in White BS? Alright, don’t come crying to me though if you lose out on a real story,” she huffed, taking the thousand-yen note that covered the cost of the meal plus tip.
Later…

The rain was pouring by now, and with the storm drains of the Cronopolis being in a constant state of disrepair, filthy brown water overflowed from the gutters and crested around everyone’s ankles as it washed a steady stream of filth and broken dreams downhill. The ‘Despair of Sayaka’ was a typical-looking Mah-Jong parlor on the outside, trying to be gaudy without attracting notice at the same time. The faded, painted signboard above the entrance depicted a blue-haired Magical Girl beating an amorphously-shaped serpent to death with a brace of swords, and the lettering was almost illegible at this point. Next door, the area brothel cast garish, neon pink light onto the flooded street, which in turn reflected a chaos of glitter back onto the drab, wet concrete walls lining the alley. Suffusing everyone’s nostrils was the pungent smell of raw sewage and decay.

“Fifty-yen covah chahge, cash onry,” barked an elderly woman sitting behind a plate of bolter-proof glass in the opening vestibule of the joint. She sucked on a long pipe that periodically let wisps of thick yellow smoke rise to the top of her booth, where it festered and slowly absorbed into the badly-done acoustic tile. No, she did not care if they were shinobi. Eventually, someone paid up.

Inside, the parlor itself was just as smoky and depressing-looking as one might imagine. It was a single, large room with five or six dingy mah-jong tables spaced out in the center, along with an extra table for non-tile-based games. Quartets of elderly-looking men and women occupied a few of the tables, smoking and muttering as they slapped down and rearranged rows of the small white patterned tiles integral to the game. No one paid the shinobi any heed as they entered, despite the fact that Tomo and Haruna were dressed far more elegantly than the situation called for. Occupying one side of the parlor was a surprisingly well-appointed bar done in teakwood with brass accents. Behind the bar was a cracked mirrored wall with bottles of various aged liquors stacked in front. For now, only a bartender could be seen, looking bored while wiping out the interior of a glass. There was no one else right now, despite the indications from Haruna’s web. Just as the three were about to turn around and give up on what was probably a wild goose chase, however, the doors to the parlor opened behind them.

Silently, a rumpled-looking Kaminarijin stepped past them, not bothering to take off the pair of heavy sunglasses he wore, or ash the cigarette he clenched between his teeth. His shoulder-length, graying hair was greasy and held in place only by the laziest ponytail ever, and he smelled of middle-aged-man cologne. He wore a somewhat…frayed-looking suitjacket that might have been white if it were cleaned within the last five years, on top of a pair of similarly discolored slacks and a pair of simple wooden sandals. Strangely enough, though, none of his clothing appeared to have been affected by the downpour outside. Whereas the shinobi had left wet footprints on the threadbare carpet of the joint, this one’s sandals left no trace of having been submerged in ankle-deep filth.

Slowly, the man pulled up a seat at the bar and nodded to the bartender. The bartender nodded back nonchalantly, turned around, and started to mix up a drink which he handed to the newcomer. It was made with vodka, coffee liqueur, and a dash of cream: a ‘White Raikage.’
Hmm, this is an interesting development. Your target, if that’s him, certainly looks a hell of a lot less imposing/rich/elegant/powerful than you might think. Still, if you wish to continue with investigating the rumor, you might want to think of a way to gain his attention. Remember, he probably won’t take well to violence or threats, and won’t respond to you if you try to talk to him. Use your imagination – I look forward to seeing what you might do…

Tanuki Rinko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tomo nodded at Yukiko's suggestion. He was more than happy to let someone else take the lead when it came to missions. Especially someone with more years of experience. Tomo rose from his seat along with Yukiko as the waitress came with the bill. Tomo placed a 500 yen piece in front of Yukiko, considering he ate one of the plates of Dim-Sum. As he made his way to the exit, Tomo stopped dead in his tracks. It was pouring now, the streets were filled with rain. Tomo grumbled to himself as he took off his black heels. He would get scolded by his sister if he ruined his costume shoes. Tomo placed them in his stage knapsack before unfurling his umbrella and stepping outside barefoot.

The walk over to the mah-jong parlor was just as miserable as Tomo expected. This area was one of the more dirty places in the village, and Tomo preferred to avoid it when he could. As the three neared their destination, a barely clad woman winked at Tomo, and he lightly blushed. Either that woman has good instincts, or she doesn't care who she pleasures for money. The parlor's outward appearance was pitiful, and Tomo mentally noted everything that could make the building more appealing. Such was the mind of a manager. Anything could be made more profitable. Upon reaching the building, a crabby old lady demanded 50 yen to enter. Tomo was about to mention they were on a mission, but the look in the old croon's eyes was clear. Pay or leave. Tomo awkwardly held the umbrella in the crook of his arm as he dug through his knapsack. Tomo fished out a 100 yen along with a 50 yen and handed them to the old woman.

The three entered the establishment and Tomo lightly coughed. It had been a while since he'd been in such a smoky room. No one in his family smoked, it had too many side effects that could mess with a performer's career. As his eyes got adjusted to the lighting, Tomo observed the patrons. This certainly wasn't a place frequented by the younger generation. No one seemed to be bothered by the young newcomers, which was for the best. Tomo replayed his mental notes. Man in White, 'White Raikage', large tip, won't talk, disappears, impress him. Tomo looked among the men, searching for some clue that would identify their target. Tomo would have tried identifying the man by his drink.....if he had any clue what a White Raikage was made of.

After scanning the room for a couple of minutes, Tomo gave a sigh of defeat. Can't the universe, just this once, make it easy? As Tomo thought this, a strange man walked in. He looked pretty ragged, and his cologne was strong, Tomo would say too strong. As he looked the man up and down, Tomo's eyes locked onto the man's feet. No water... This wasn't an ordinary man. Without a word, the fellow sat at the bar and made a gesture with his head. The bartender mixed a drink, and gave it to the customer. Tomo nodded his head lightly. "I think that's our man, ladies." Tomo stared at their target, thinking to himself. The man doesn't talk, even when people try to. We need to impress him, probably without words. Hmm...maybe... Tomo reached into his knapsack and produced an ink well, along with his scroll and brush. Tomo addressed his companions. "We need to impress the geezer, right? Maybe we should each try our own way? I'll be at the bar if either of you has a group plan." Tomo took a seat three stools down from the mysterious Man in White and unfurled his scroll. He began to doodle, drawing a large assortment of small creatures. Butterflies, dragonflies, small birds, mice, anything that wouldn't cause too much trouble for the customers. Tomo would tap each drawing, bringing it to life, and would send it over towards the man. If the man seemed intrigued, Tomo would try more impressive drawings, like his favorite hawk.

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
A White Raikage was an interesting chose of drink; vodka, coffee, liqueur, and a dash of cream. Haruna was in her thirties and she knew her alcoholic beverages. Hell she has had one herself; however this drink must be very important to the man. Considering he orders it enough to be known for it means that the drink has some sort of significant. A White Raikage, if she would have to take a guess, she would say that it was named after Aion the Dawnbringer. If she was right then maybe it is one of the cult. It can’t possibly be Aion himself. Despite his promised return it has been at least 32 years since his reign. On the other hand he would not be the first Raikage to live a quite extensive life. Hell the previous Raikage was also the first.

As they left the establishment Haruna opens her umbrella and focuses her chakra around her feet. Like an experienced shinobi she walked on top of the questionable water. There was no way she was going to have her feet sink into this, especially not in these sandals. As the group walks down to the Mah-Jong palor, she looks at the breaks in her chakra web. The guy must be a shinobi to do this sort of damage. As they enter she could hear the shuffling of tiles. Tomo was the first to spot the man and he did not look very impressive but appearances can be deceiving. He definitely knows how to control his chakra well for the look of his dryness. Tomo suggests impressing him, but Haruna is unsure how to impress the guy, but might be able to get some sort of reaction out of him. She walks over to the bar with Tomo. “Hey bartender, I’ll take a Black Bandit.” It was basically the White Raikage without the cream. It is also most commonly referred to as a Black Kage. It was named after the third Raikage Sarunishi who was known as the Bandit Kage. It was the Dawnbringer that replaced Sarunishi as the third Raikage. It was he who caused Sarunishi to be erased from the history books and if this person is a part of the cult it might attract his focus. Tomo used his artistic skills to impress the man but she thinks that plan of action is to forward. Sometimes something as subtle as an opposing drink might yield more attention.

Haruna only knew about Sarunishi because she found a scroll on the kages of Kumogakure. It is fortunate that the Tsubaki clan had their own archives. Most of the scrolls were religious text and because of this is only accessible to the priestess of the clan. In these archives there were a few historical records that were not destroyed by Kotani Aiko. It seems no one of the Dawnbringer’s cult was a Tsubaki priestess. Haruna was always a person that believes that one who does not know their history is doomed to repeat it.

Rakujo Yumeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Ayumi walked with the others, and listened to both as her teammates had spoken. She cleared her throat as she could also see from a second point of view as Hoshi had started arriving onto the scene, though it would be unbeknown to Ayumi's teammates. As Hoshi arrived into the bar, her appearance was a bit different than Ayumi's. Hoshi has blue eyes and short blonde hair. She also wears red, white, and blue headphones with long cords on the sides, a yellow jacket, an black top that exposes her stomach in two sections, opaque black tights, and yellow high heels.

Hoshi walked up to the bar and sat down, while Ayumi would then walk over to Tomo and Haruna when Haruna ordered a drink called a Black Bandit. Ayumi then moved a few feet away before speaking to the bartender. "I'll take a White Raikage and a Black Bandit, as well as any rumors you have." She said, smirking slightly, as she sat at the bar and placing several ¥10,000 bills on the counter for any information, and placing one just for the drinks. "Also, keep any change there is." She said, smirking a bit.

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The Man in White betrayed no signs of reaction on his lined, stubble-patched face as Tomo’s living drawings jauntily arrayed themselves before him in an undulating parade of ink. The figures were incredibly realistic, and even raised an eyebrow from the bartender (who nevertheless did his best to look disinterested), but the Target himself did not budge, even as the animated animal parade tried its damndest to impress. Instead, he merely continued to sip at his beverage, leaving small trails of darkened cream in his moustache. After a while, he slowly turned to look at the Mah-Jong tables with the same disinterest as before.

“Hey bartender, I’ll take a Black Bandit.”

The bartender grunted in response, and started to slowly ready a glass. The final product contained way too much ice and too little booze, but at least the tumbler it came in was clean and the ingredients were fresh.

“That’s a thousand. You want to open a tab?” asked the barkeep as he slid it to her along with a small coaster and napkin. Out of the corner of her eye, Haruna noticed movement now.

The Man in White was staring directly at her. His face was still emotionless, and his eyes were still hidden by thickly mirrored lenses, but it was unmistakable what had just transpired. A few seconds later, he turned his attention back to the tables.

"I'll take a White Raikage and a Black Bandit, as well as any rumors you have,” said Ayumi soon after, perhaps hoping to capitalize on the momentum started by Haruna’s gambit. The bartender looked at the stack of money in front of her and raised an eyebrow.

“Thank you, but that’s far too much, ma’am. I only make drinks,” he said, pushing all but a single ten-thousand yen bill back to her, which he then took and broke into change at the register, giving himself a five-hundred-yen tip but then giving the rest back to her with an air of finality.

A subtle creak in the stool near the corner signaled to everyone that something was changing. Silently, the Man in White rose from his stool, reached into one of his breast pockets on the faded jacket he wore, and took out a ten-thousand-yen bill, which he slid toward the bartender. The barkeep took the bill without protest, and nodded his head.

The Target passed by Ayumi and Hoshi without comment. Tomo as well.

For Haruna, he paused.
S_Ryuuto_zps41fad4ca.jpg

wFOlz.png
“You must have a strong stomach, because that’s a bitter drink.”

With that, he moved past them and opened the doors. Outside, it still rained.
Props to Haruna for a very well-thought-out combination of direct challenge and coy invitation without actually speaking to man. Honorable mention goes to Tomo, who also made a valiant effort. You’ve piqued his interest, however he isn’t going to reveal anything yet. The next challenge is to trail him without alerting him to your presence, and see where he goes. You can use almost anything you wish to accomplish this, with stealth and discretion being the name of the game.

Hints: He has already shown himself to be at least aware of Haruna’s chakra silk and a capable manipulator of chakra from the clues you’ve gotten so far. Interestingly, he doesn’t seem to be bothered by rainstorms – think about what bloodlines have some sort of weather affinity… Maybe that will be useful for you?

Tanuki Rinko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tomo called his ink creatures back when he realized they were having no effect. If that didn't work, what will? Tomo blinked a few times in surprise of Tsubaki's order. The male genin was pretty sure not even his uncle was so knowledgeable about alcohol. Sheesh. Tsubaki-san must be a drunkard if she knows more about drinking than Uncle Tomoyo. As Tomo looked at the geisha-like woman in confusion he noticed the Man in White. He was staring right at Tsubaki. Tomo placed his arm on the bar, resting his chin on his hand. Well, if the only way to impress this man is with drinking, I'm going to be completely useless. After Tsubaki ordered, Yukiko ordered two drinks and placed multiple 10,000 yen bills on the table. Tomo actually flinched from shock. Wait a minute...WHY IN RAIDEN WAS I PAYING FOR EVERYTHING THEN?! Tomo lightly grumbled to himself. Between the rain and the way this mission was shaping up, today was not a Tomo day.

Eventually the Man in White rose from his seat and passed Tomo by, only speaking to Tsubaki. Tomo watch the old man making his way to the exit. Dang! We can't let him disappear. Tomo quickly evaluated the situation. His idea probably wouldn't work, since this man was more than what he appeared, but it was worth a shot. Tomo made a few hand signs and a small ball of ink the size of a pea formed in Tomo's hand. He positioned it on his thumb and flicked it with his index finger. His target was the back of the Man in White, right between the guy's shoulder blades. The goal was to mark the man with ink, making it much easier for Tomo to track him. Of course, if the man decided to let the rain fall on him, the mark would surely wash off. And there was always the possibility that this man could block it or evade it. But it was the best idea Tomo could come up with. Now all Tomo could do was look to Yukiko for more directions. She was the leader after all.

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Haruna could see the man staring at her from the corner of her eye. Bingo! Her hunch was right this guy had something to do with the Dawnbringer. She could not help but smile as she succeeds in getting a response out of this guy. It is quite obviously she made an impression now hopefully she can follow through. “Yes I would like to start a tab.” As she takes a sip from her drink the man in white rises from his seat and spoke to her. “As bitter as the heavy rain and burns like lighting; like a true leader of Kumo.” She raises the glass like a toast and gives it another gulp. She had hoped her comment would enlist another response, but alas he leaves the mahjong pallor. It is unfortunate she is unsure how she is going to follow him. He is capable of seeing chakra; the destruction of her web was proof of that. There was another thing that she found particularly strange about this guy. He is oddly unaffected from the rain. “Does it normally rain like this?” She has a feeling that this man brought the rain with him. A handy ability to have if you don’t want to be followed; the rain can wash away his trail. If he is a storm caller then finding him might not be as difficult as it seem; they will just have to follow the cloud shadowing him.

Rakujo Yumeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
The two had listened to the bartender and Ayumi spoke once more. "Right, my apologies." She said, drinking her drinks as they were given to her and pocketed the rest of her money. She then listened to the man speak to Tsubaki before leaving, and noticing that Tomo was doing something to mark the man. As everything happened, Hoshi had dropped a small piece of clay that would take the shape of a grasshopper, and had jumped into the path of the ball of ink.

"It wouldn't have been good to have done that, kid. What would have happened if he had felt it and decided to investigate? Just let the clay creation do its work in following him." Ayumi spoke, in a hushed voice. "And there's a few things that deal with water out there, as well as a jutsu that causes it to rain. Be careful. The rain has allies, and if you're caught up with yourself being its target, then you're just about as good as hit within rain..." She spoke, as Hoshi got up and started to tail him, staying as hidden as possible, in just the shadows, allowing Ayumi to see everything from her end. "Both of you, tell me what you're able to do, or do what help mask the fact that there's a small chakra live creation following someone." She said, shrugging, not exactly sure on what to tell the two.

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The Cronopolis: A filthy jewel in the crown encircling Mount Fuujin, and one that would never come clean even when deluged with years of pouring rain. Most shinobi did not live there, of course, for even a genin’s salary assured that they could live in the low-rent parts of the better side of town. Rather, this was the place where many of the non-shinobi and the non-citizens lived and worked. The maids and janitors who cleaned the houses of shinobi, the day laborers who pulled down the wreckage left from fights between hot-blooded chakra users, the rickshaw drivers, line cooks, dishwashers, pimps, and prostitutes, not to mention the destitute, drunk, and debilitated.

The rain had lessened to a light drizzle while the shinobi had made their gambits in the Mah-Jong parlor, and now the creeping filth of the Cronopolis was slowly seeping back into place. Beggars now squatted along the walls and stoked their oil-drum fires while the hookers plied their trade in the open. Card-tables sprang up like so many weeds after a deluge and soon the streets were filled with the cries of the shysters running every scam imaginable.

The Man in White had disappeared from view by the time everyone emerged from the ‘Despair of Sayaka,’ but thanks to Ayumi’s small clay grasshopper, they were able to discern that while he was out of view, he was not gone from this world. The artificial insect watched through its glistening eyes as the target slowly strode down a nearby alley, his hands in his pockets and his cigarette trailing smoke.

“Alright, where’s my fucking money?!” snarled a man’s voice to Tomo’s left, as if he were directly addressing the genin.

“I’m sick, Tito,” hissed a woman back to the man in response. Fortunately, the burly, scar-faced looking pimp dressed in leather was not actually calling out the pretty blonde-haried genin, but rather a scantily-dressed woman who looked to be in her forties, even if she was probably only in her twenties.

“You can still work,” he snarled. “You’d better not be holding out on me…”

“I don’t feel good! Please!”

“Oh, so you want some medicine?! You want to go to the hospital and see them medical shinoobi? Here, I’ll fuckin’ give you some medicine!” growled the pimp as he brought his fist full against the woman’s jaw and bowled her to the ground. “Hey look! I’m bloody Isaki Kushin!” he cackled.

“Oh God! Please!! No more!!!” she started to sob as he kicked her about the thighs and buttocks…
Well, Ayumi asked you a question – you guys should outline what you’re doing to remain hidden while we track the Man in White, hmm? Don’t do anything dumb that might attract attention, by the way… He does sense and significant chakra use around him…

Tanuki Rinko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tomo was surprised by the grasshopper that got in the way of his ink, but accepted it with a shrug. Based on Yukiko's words, the grasshopper would be trailing the old man, so Tomo could just follow the grasshopper's movements. Tomo nodded at the young woman's advice and then contemplated his abilities. "Well, I was taught how to...stalk...from a professional creeper, so there's that." Tomo slightly shuddered at the memory of Kiri pushing him into Ishikawa's bedroom. "I don't think I'll be very stealthy up on the roof, especially in this outfit, so I'll stick to following him in the alleyways. The clay grasshopper has my ink on it, so I can go a roundabout way and still know where it is for a while until the ink washes off." It was drizzling now, so his ink should stay on the clay creature until the end of the mission or until the creation was destroyed, whichever came first.

With the question answered, Tomo awaited confirmation before hitting the streets. Right as he reached the first alleyway, a man called out, causing Tomo to jump in surprise. He whipped his head to the left to see a man screaming at a woman. Tomo's body relaxed only for a moment before tensing up again at the sight of the man beating the woman. Tomo clenched his umbrella with both his hands. He would never consider himself a very passionate person, but seeing this was sickening. He would have shot the guy square in the head, but Tomo knew better. Killing the man would just mean that the woman would be out of a job. Tomo thought about electrocuting the guy, but with the rain pouring, there would be a chance that the woman would get shocked too.

The best he could do for the woman was distract the man, at least for a little bit. Tomo began to walk down the alleyway. As he neared the man, Tomo tilted the umbrella to the right. If his comrades were watching, he made a sign to indicate that they continue with the mission. Right when Tomo reached the pimp's right side, the genin brought his hips to the right, then slammed them against the man. Tomo sped up a tiny bit to get a bit of distance between the pimp and himself. He then turned his head and gave the man a raspberry. Whether or not the man took the bait, Tomo would begin to run, making sure to keep tabs on where the grasshopper was. It would be bad if Tomo ran into the Man in White in such a fashion. Tomo planned to lead the man on for a bit before losing him. He would then catch up with the grasshopper, and in turn, the Man in White.

WC: 466
[MFT]
[OOC: Sorry guys, I just couldn't decide on whether or not to get involved with the pimp. In the end, Tomo couldn't do nothing.]

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
“I am a skilled puppeteer though I do dabble a little in unarmed taijutsu.” Her Kimono shifts as her bust disappears from her chest. Moth like wing then burst out of her back thus creating two large holes in her apparel. “My preferred form of puppetry is the enhancement of my own physical capabilities through the help of my puppets. Whether it be an armor for endurance or wings for an extra boost in speed.” With the opportunity to make herself more comfortable arises she places her extra hands through the holes and crosses the arms behind her back. Hiding these limbs can be so uncomfortable. “As you can clearly see I possess the attributes of the Hachiashi blood line however I am not directly related.” The wings then separate, shrank to the size of an actual moth’s and formed a body to be attached to. The figure looked like a child no bigger than Haruna’s finger and had pointed ears. Haruna was also a puppet maker and her theme of puppets was fantasy. This little one was quite obviously a fairy. “This little one should be able to follow the man without attracting attention, though his ability to sense chakra is a little concerning. I think I might avoid using my own chakra strings.” Haruna reaches into her pocket and pulls out a spider the size of a quarter. “It’s called a Chakra Spider. It is the natural predator of the Kikai. Instead of creating threads of silk, these little guys create threads of chakra. They make quite handy puppeteers. This will allow one of my puppets to be controlled without using my strings.” Haruna trains these arachnids so they can puppeteer puppets and she controls them by using the demonic chakra within her. The reason she looks the way she does is because she is cursed by a spider demon.

Haruna places the little spider onto the doll and it immediately starts to puppeteer the fairy. As Tomo left the fairy flew beside him. Haruna also a few feet behind for unfortunately she has to be in a certain range to be able to still control the puppet. It is unfortunate that Tomo seemed to have gotten side tracked. “We don’t have time for this,” she grumbles. She rolls up her one sleeve and soon an intricate pattern flows down her arm. The marks ran down in straight lines that did not have any visible points of intersection, but were not parallel. Curved lines then connected the straight lines together, thus creating a spider web looking design. Her arm then begins to change texture once the arm was completely engulfed by the curse seal. Black scales like a lizard’s develop from the shoulder to the tips of her fingers and her finger nails became claws. It was like she possessed an arm of a dragon and a blood thirsty aura emanated from the hand. Her pitch black limb grabs the pimp’s wrist of the arm holding the cane. His flesh around point of contact would feel on fire and body weakens as the vampiric nature of her hand drains his life-force. As his body goes completely limp she drops him like the piece of trash he was. “Here let me heal you.” With the same hand she touches the woman bestowing the life-force she just drained to her. Her pain fades and wounds heal. With a little bit of Haruna’s own life-force she should feel better than ever.

If Tomo started to run the fairy would do her best to silently communicate to him to turn back. However it is much more likely Tomo didn’t even begin to run because Haruna handled it pretty quickly. After he was in range she would tell him, “Come on boy and keep it moving.” I guess there was another power she forgot to mention. The fact the she is on the edge of becoming an abomination.

[mft]

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“The fuck?!” gasped the burly pimp as his body lurched to the side with Tomo’s hip-check and he fell against a pile of decaying plastic garbage bags. Out of the corner of his eye he caught a flash of golden hair and a woman’s shape flitting by. Cursing and covered with vile-smelling slime, he got to his feet and drew a butterfly knife which flicked into position instantly. Tomo, savoring the moment, blew him a raspberry. “Bitch! I’ll cut your tits off!” he growled, starting after the golden-haired assailant…

The pimp's vision suddenly darkened and his muscles loosened, along with his bowels, as Haruna's grasp sucked enough life force out to render him unconscious for days. Similarly, the woman he had been beating now felt her body suffuse with healing warmth. Not being a shinobi herself, however, she also lost consciousness, although her recovery would be faster than her would-be attacker's.

The Man in White, meanwhile, inhaled sharply at the exchange of chakra and life energy taking place. It was too much to ignore. A pity, because part of him had wished to test the three women's capacity for stealth and discretion. The Cronopolis was a terrible place, but sometimes the dictates of the mission outweighed the need to do good.

"I'll have to find quieter Giri-Bannin next time," he muttered to himself, before rounding a corner and disappearing. His chakra signature also vanished - he was gone.
[spoilername="Redacted"]Suddenly, a feeling of indescribable agony lanced from his forearm all the way through his body, causing all of his muscles to spontaneously contract and locking him in place. From where Haruna now grasped him, the skin covering his extremity started to literally bubble and boil off, revealing pulsating raw flesh underneath that also followed with the same fate moments later as the process continued up the arm and entered the man’s torso. Flesh started to slough off in steaming sheets, leaving exposed bone that started to wither and crack from the mere effort of supporting gravity. The pimp’s face, caught in a horrific rictus of agony, melted into goo and the eyeballs ruptured violently, sending hissing streams of boiling vitreous gel splattering on the street.

Haruna was an Abomination – a creature that could dissolve anyone’s flesh near-instantly through enzymatic degradation. The pimp formerly known as “Tito” was now reduced to a pair of leather boots that stood comically in the street, leaking black sludge that used to be feet. The rest of the man, however, was now absorbed into Haruna’s own body – no longer really him, however, but rather his component proteins, sugars, and lipids.

The woman he had beaten so mercilessly before looked upon this and started to scream.

“Here, let me heal you,” said the Abomination, advancing toward her as she continued to scream and attempt to crawl away. Haruna grasped her by the arm as well, and started to inject the former pimp’s essence into her.

The woman had no registered last name, as was common with the underclass employed in the sex trade. Only known by her first name, “Risa,” she like many others had been enticed to go to Kumogakure by one of the many “Snakeheads” working across the country who targeted young girls with no prospects and offered them a way out of certain poverty. She had been told she would find work as a maid or even a nanny for a rich clan of shinobi, and that she would make enough in her first month to not only pay the Snakehead back for transporting her but also enough to let her family in the backwater village she came from eat like nobles for a year. Of course, once she actually arrived she was quickly told that there was no maid job for her and that the only way she could earn anything and prevent her family’s throats from being slit back home by the Snakehead’s associates was to earn her keep in the brothels, and failing that, the streets.

The Pimp kept everything she earned, of course, promising that he was helping her pay the Snakehead back. She never saw any more than enough Yen to buy cheap makeup to cover the bruises and scratches and premature aging, and certainly not enough to go to the Aesculapium and be treated by a mednin. And now the Pimp was literally dissolving in front of her like an image right out of a recurring nightmare and a strange creature was grasping her arm…

At first, Risa’s arm started to feel warm – comfortingly so, and the feeling quickly spread to her chest, suffusing her body with a cozy feeling that she had not experienced since the earliest days back in the little hamlet she grew up in. But as she gasped in awe and happiness, the warmth quickly started to grow unbearably hot, and within milliseconds, her entire consciousness was on fire. Haruna had neglected to take into account the fact that her Abomination abilities could only heal those beings able to tolerate the process in the first place. One needed to be a shinobi with a cursed seal engraved into his or her flesh in order to receive any benefit at all. Anyone else, even a “normal” shinobi, was doomed.

“P-please, it burns…” croaked Risa moments before her blood began to boil inside her veins and her brain function ceased. Although Haruna would likely have let go at this point, it was far too late. The woman’s body started to expand, her skin stretching ludicrously like an overinflated balloon, her tongue swelling to the size of a cat and dislocating her jaw, and her eyes inflating to the size of grapefruits. For a single, horrific millisecond, the distorted body teetered around on its feet almost as if she were still alive, before it burst.

Searing-hot ichor splattered the entire alleyway with a thick coat of dark red and a cloud of pink mist shot into the sky. Haruna herself was covered in liquefied flesh as if she had been hit with an entire bakery’s worth of cherry pies.

The Man in White whirled around in alarm and blinked under his sunglasses at the sight of the pink explosion nearby, and bolted away for a few steps before rounding a corner. Ayumi’s clay grasshopper set off in pursuit and zipped around to attempt to intercept the man at the exit, only to encounter an alley full of nothing. His chakra signature had disappeared as well. He was gone.

Within a few minutes, the team was quickly surrounded by five others, who wore the unmistakable cuirasses and masks of the Kumogakure ANBU. One of them pushed her mask aside, surveying the scene with her own eye, the other being covered by a patch. Making a visible effort not to gag, she addressed the team.

“I am Buntaichou Natsume Eru of the ANBU. What the hell happened here, nee-sans?” she asked the team.[/spoilername]

Mission Failure.

Post edited after discussion with Haruna. The Pimp is now unconscious and the prostitute is healed. There is no ANBU team arriving. The Man in White has still fled, however.

Bottom line is that the scene of the pimp attacking the hooker was a red herring that the team unfortunately fell for. Your primary mission was to track down and contact the Man in White, not to prevent street crime from taking place. The correct course of action would have been to either ignore the situation or respond to it very minimally, as Tomo attempted to do and almost failed at. However, when Haruna took direct action using her weapon-ability on the Pimp, it was too much for the Man in White to ignore. For now, you have lost him. This mission might become available at another point in the future.

Right now, you are eligible for half-rate rewards for a failed mission.

Rakujo Yumeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Both Ayumi and Hoshi stayed within the bar while the other two had went over to help a woman, and the insect woman had knocked the man out, as the man they were following had disappeared without a trace. Ayumi wrote a note, handed it to the bartender, and instructed her to hand it to one of the two before they had left the bar.
Note said:
Please remember, when following a rumor, try not to do anything like that piss poor performance again.

[topic left]

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
It is true they say, no good deed goes unpunished. Sure she was able to help a poor woman from this abusive man, but they lost the target in the meantime. She punches a nearby wall putting a sizable dent into the brink structure and then walks off. Next time she'll focus on the mission and keep her heart shut up tight. A mission was no place for such distractions.
[left topic]

Tanuki Rinko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tomo smirked to himself as he saw the man take a knife out. It broadened at the man's taunt. Joke's on him. I don't have any tits. Tomo instantly turned to run. With the sound of his splashing steps and the pitter patter of rain on his umbrella, the feminine boy completely missed the scene Tsubaki had made. After running in and out of alleys, narrowly avoiding running into civilians, Tomo stopped to look back. The man was nowhere to be found. Tomo's eyes continued to scan the horizon as he thought aloud. "Did I really lose him already? I thought for sure this dress had slowed me down." Tomo shrugged nonchalantly. "Oh well...hopefully I gave the woman enough time to run."

Returning to his mission, Tomo breathed in as he tried to track his ink. However, try as he might, he couldn't sense it. His nose scrunched in frustration. "It's not raining that hard. There's no way the ink would have washed off. I guess the grasshopper got destroyed somehow." Tomo's brows furrowed. He wasn't sure how to handle the situation. Should he try and track down his companions? No, he wouldn't even know where to start looking. Instead, Tomo began his trek back to the Sennin to report...nothing really. Tomo slightly tipped his umbrella up so he could look at the dull grey sky. "What a shame...I had a feeling we were really on to something. I'll mention that Man in White to Sennin Takaki...maybe someone else can give it a try."

WC: 254
[MFT]

In an alternate universe...
Tomo smirked to himself as he saw the man take a knife out. It broadened at the man's taunt. Joke's on him. I don't have any tits. Tomo turned to run, getting three feet out before he heard something. He turned to see Tusbaki standing next to the pimp. Her arm was a grotesque black color, and she was grasping the man's arm. Tomo cocked an eyebrow, not understanding what she planned to do...until it started. The man's skin on his arm was melting away. Tomo's eyes widened as he stared at the scene, trying to make sense of it. Soon the condition spread as the man's screams filled the air. Tomo's heart pounded, his stomach lurched. He couldn't take it. Instinctually, Tomo erected an ink barrier to protect himself from the screams and the images of the man's demise.

Tomo's shaking continued, even after the screams of the man dissipated into the rainy afternoon. He couldn't get the image out of his head, he'd never experienced something so horrible. Nothing had prepared him for this disgusting display of power. Was this what shinobi became after years of service? A monster? Tomo's thoughts were interrupted by a new sound, the sound of the woman. Tears of fear streamed down Tomo's face as he covered his ears. However, try as he might, the sound echoed throughout his barrier. Her screams subsided, only to reveal a new horror. Tomo felt it, he felt the blood as it splattered onto his ink, covering his barrier in the crimson juice. The smell seeped into the barrier, and Tomo couldn't take it anymore. He lost the lunch he had eaten with that thing....that abomination. With Tomo's focus lost, his ink barrier fell around his feet, mixing more with the blood and vomit covering the ground.

Tomo held his arms, trying to stop his body from shaking so violently. His eyes met Tsubaki and his heart filled with rage and fear. However, this feeling wasn't only towards her, but towards himself as well. He hadn't stopped her, he made no effort to. He was trained all these years to kill, yet fear had prevented him from stopping this murderer. A group of ANBU came on the scene, one in particular asked about the situation. All Tomo could do was point at the demonic Hachiashi. In his mind, he begged the shinobi to end her life there. She deserved no mercy, for she had shown none. Tomo didn't care what happened to him at this point, he just wanted the Abomination to no longer exist.

[Topic Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back