Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Medicine [Private/Itami]

Honma Kotone

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ikkadan had been surrounded by medicine thus far in his existence. It was something that his family had achieved through years of practice, and it was something that interested him greatly. Although did he really want to become a member of that branch, or was his fascination just that? That is the question that brought him to the Tower; a place which held a great symbol of healing for all those in Sunagakure. A hospital, this tower, was something that almost everyone would come to visit at one point in their lives - which was marvelous to think about, really, because at one point every person in Suna would have roamed these same corridors.

The brunette would approach the reception desk, stating his name with a smile: "Yamazaki Ikkadan, I'm here to speak to one of the hospital doctors." And it was true that he had made an appointment with a doctor named 'Itami', whom had been apart of this branch for some time now. The receptionist would nod her head, press her finger against her headset and murmur a sentence to the addressed doctor. The woman would then gesture for the young boy to take a seat and wait for the doctor to arrive, to which; he would reply with a kind 'thank you' and a bow of the head.

The red boots of the Chuunin clunked against the tiled floor. His thick, yet comfortable red jacket would provide him with the warmth he needed to brace any bitter draft from the surface. And this spare time really gave the boy a chance to think about what he was going to do with his life. He really hadn't thought about it, oh well.

One would guess to take life as it comes.

Kokomo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Part of her mourning request, Itami made sure that Kasa's old office would become hers--for 'sentimental' reasons (so she had told them). The door in the back would be covered by a large bookshelf that Kasa had left behind. The history of the Unohara written down and left on the bookshelf for her to take advantage of when she had the time. He had left plenty of things for her, ultimately. Research, novels, and some things that were so complex they were almost written in a different language. Ancient Suna language did dapple some pages-- but such a thing was futile to the blind.

Besides the secrets behind every wall, every picture, and in every page of every book, the office appeared to be normal and average. Itami tried not to shame the office with personal things-- she didn't spend enough time in it for that to be necessary, in the end, anyways.

The bookshelf would shudder before sliding out the way as the new-figure of Kanashimi Itami rose from behind it, and it slide back smoothly. She was carrying a clipboard with far too many papers on it that the crystal eye above her tried helplessly to read. Despite her wide range of medical knowledge, Itami could not read or write. The woman had just earned her right to see let alone read, and it would require some embarrassing and private tutoring from the people at the academy. Even young ninjas knew how to read and write. Perhaps new eyes were in store, first? She did very much so enjoy her eyes though- now that she could see them. They were a lime-green color and a caramel brown color in the same iris-- they looked like an umbrella almost. The colors alternated in a circle around her pupil, just like her parents. The irony in the blind having such beautiful eyes...

Just as the tall, dark haired, smooth skinned beauty entered her office again, the headset let off an alarming beeping sound as she picked it up and pressed the orange button on the side, "Hello?" She asked into it as the receptionist responded and told her she had an appointment with a young 'Ikkadan'. What a name! Setting the headset down, the woman put the papers from the clipboard into the top drawer of the desk, which was already overflowing with papers from Kasa's research, and she locked it with a bronze key that she put into the pocket of her white lab coat.

Making her way into the waiting room, Itami creaked open the door and peered in, "Yamazaki Ikkadan" She would ask, wondering if he had any connection with Suzuhime or Iori. The family was familiar to the young woman--if not too familiar. "Please, follow me." She inquired, her body screaming 'intimidation' from the amount of work Iori put into her appearance. She reflected flawlessness, and she was obsessed with it. She was obsessed with the new voice she had acquired-- a smooth, alluring, and captivating voice that was pushed by powerful lungs that could breath in such clean air.

As she moved down the dim corridors that smelled sterile and clouded with death, her newly-found smile would beam over at the boy, "What can I help you with, love?" She could use any words she wanted now! Itami could say extra words, even. Pet-names, words to add meaning, suggestion, sarcasm--anything! There was endless possibilities to what she could say! "It's good to see a new face around here, I must say!"

The young boy had a sort of beauty to him as well. His skin was smoothed, his hair was thick and a luscious color. Surely, he would grow to be a handsome man with the body fit for a king. Itami analyzed his body and the way it was structured. His posture and the muscle caked onto it. His cheek bones, simple mouth, and strong hands-- yes, surely a man with potential. He had such precious youth. . .

Honma Kotone

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ikkadan would reintegrate his attention back into his consciousness before reacting to his name, "Yes?" He would reply politely with a smile on his face. He would repose himself in a more professional manner, however it was obvious that this Chuunin was still just a boyish heart-filled person. Ikka's face would read: pleasantness, above all. He was definitely a kind, gentle spirit of which he was readied against the harsh truths of the world around him. He had accepted the truth behind hid 'birth', if you want to call it that, and the truth behind his mothers' deaths. They had given their lives for a child that wasn't even in a womb; and then created Ikkadan through a means of divinity.

Truly it was an extraordinary experience for such an ordinary looking lad.

Ikkadan would walk behind the woman with his arms hanging loosely by his side. "Well, I was wondering if you could show me some medical techniques? I'm quite fascinated by them. I've seen a few people from the Village use medical ninjutsu, and it's really quite marvelous."

Iori and Chizuru were both aligned with the Medical Branch, and perhaps, that was a path that he should take. And after all, his mother Konchuu was an experienced medical shinobi, whom protected a Queen (Obana, his other mother). Ikkadan would continue to follow Itami, wherever it was she was taking him. "Do you not get a lot of visitors, Itami-san?"

It was true that this woman was indeed beautiful, but such things were lost on the boy. Perhaps it was a psychological side effect of his creation, but having been born into his early teens, his mind hadn't really received enough time to process normal social situations; or even feelings. Well, maybe not feelings... Ikkadan always felt happy, upbeat and positive about life. Most people may take only the bad from his parents' death, but not him - he took the positive from such an odd, unhappy ending for their lives. While being reunited, Konchuu and Obana manifested their physical representation into Ikkadan: how could he be unhappy, and sad after being told that he was created out of pure love.

And, he wasn't alone, the Yamazaki's gave him a home. He was part of their family after all.

Kokomo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
There was no way the medical professor could understand the depths of the young man's story, or even come close to knowing who he is. That was the funny thing about people, they all had a story no one would understand. Iori, Kasa, Itami, Ikkadan, and even Suzuhime. It was like there was some barricade to understanding life that no one dared to cross because it was 'too dangerous'.

Itami nodded slowly to his questions on medical techniques. As a professor, such a thing would be simple for her to do. Itami had taught tens upon tens of classes, and normally they were taught without sight, and by striking fear into her students. She was a woman over six feet tall that had been draped in bloody and dirty bandages--a walking nightmare. And it explained why she wouldn't get many visitors. Itami looked sadly over to the boy before looking away and staying silent for a moment. "There is a lot you don't know about me... You're my first visitor." She stated quietly, not abusing her new voice as she had been before. "Maybe one day you'll know why."

Leading him into the research lab, the young woman allowed him to enter first, handing him a lab coat and laytex gloves, gesturing for him to put them on. "What kind of techniques would you like to see?"

[OOC: Getting kicked out of the lab, so I watered it down. xD Sorry.]

Honma Kotone

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ikkadan would pause all communication, albeit momentarily, before cracking a smile to the wonderfully tall woman. "If I'm your first visitor then you should smile, Itami-san." He would nod his head as he stated such an odd thing, but something that would show his genuine politeness.

Ikka wouldn't know that he and the doctor were both going to some kind of laboratory. It looked sterile, it smelt so artificial and undeniably white. He would take the lab coat, adorn it onto his body - removing his own red jacket of course and his own gloves - and slip the latex gloves onto his hands. Being surrounded by the cleanliness of the laboratory felt quite overwhelming but that was maybe down to the unknown objects, machinery and books that riddled his senses. He felt as if there was too much being thrown at him, and Ikka wanted to take time to examine everything. "Can you show me something special, something that is known to save lives?"

Ikka would shy his face away from Itami's beautiful gaze.

The Chuunin would take a seat, or rather a stool, and arch his body against the worktop the sat in front of him. His delicate eyes would gently run around the room before returning to Itami with a tinge of obvious innocence. Surely, just from a first glance, one can tell that this boy would have a lighter perspective on life and wouldn't ask such a question? "Itami-san..." He would say with a shied expression, feeling too nosy to continue asking what he had on his mind, but the more attentive side of him asked for it to be said: "Why does nobody visit you?"

Kokomo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The way this boy spoke put a curious expression on Itami's face. It was almost twisted and mauled with confusion as she looked at him as he offered her to smile--smile smile smile--about what? Smile because she had a visitor? Smile because he husband was dead? Smile because she had to carry the burden of suffering children in the basement? Smile because she'd have to kill them herself? Feed their meat to the Yamazaki estate and the medical staff? Yeah. That's exactly what she wanted to smile about. Putting on a pair of latex gloves, she moved into a back room and returned with a cage with a blanket over it. The cage seemed to have movement on the inside of some sort of disturbance. Her eyes looking up with that piercingly gorgeous gaze, and Ikkadan's face turned away bashfully.

Setting down the cage, the sound of small claws hitting the plastic and chittering could be heard from the inside. A low stuttering sort of sound as she froze from revealing the insides of the cage as Ikkadan asked another question. Pausing for a long time, staring down at the blanket that covered the cage, the deafening silence was finally broken, "You're one of the first people to see what I look like, that's why." She stated awkwardly before taking a moment to sit down, the chittering still chaotically moving around in the cage. "I was in an accident long ago," Itami seemed to get comfortable, "The right side of my body was charred from head to toe, and I was left severely scarred from the age 4 to 22."

"When I was eighteen I joined the medical profession and became a professor and a general health doctor here--but no one wanted me to do the surgery or care I was capable of because--well, one, I'm totally blind."
She said, gesturing to her multi-colored eyes, and slowly pointing to the ceiling where a globe of sand was stuck above them, ""Toraono Kuro-Dono taught me to create the images of sight in my brain with that--a jutsu called the 'crystal eye'." She took a moment to pause, her blind eyes shifting awkwardly as though they were trying to see, but could not.

"On top of that, I covered myself in bandages--mummified myself. I'm 6'2", my wounds would bleed, and I would fall down, so I appeared to be some sort of blind, bloody, dirty, bandaged monster from a horror story." Itami began to toy with her fingers, playing with them submissively, "When my fiancee die, Iori skin-grafted him and removed his organs to put inside of me so I could speak, breath, laugh, sing, walk-- and be... well...beautiful." She stood to her feet, finally, wiping down her lab coat, "What you see is nothing but an artist's creation. My body is not really mine, it's his."

"Now then, is that good enough?"

Honma Kotone

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ikkadan became immediately fascinated when the woman gracefully stepped away, returning with a masked caged. The creature inside would chirp, scratch and struggle with what little dignity it had left. However, the atmosphere that filled the room would soon take a turn for the worst. You see, as happy-go-lucky as the young boy was, he really didn't have a clue about social interactions and boundaries; something which was important to almost everyone, and anyone that had a shred of decency. Honestly, Ikkadan didn't really know how to approach the situation - he felt a little awkward and uncomfortable due to Itami revealing her past.

She really wasn't shy, was she?

The boy would stray his sight away from the woman, who proclaimed herself to be beautiful so rightly. "I'm sorry to hear about your fiancee." He would simply state with a look of uncertainty about him. It was so true that the boy had a lot to learn about social interactions, and that is indeed why this narrator refers to his protagonist in such away: due to inexperience. Sure, Ikka was strong, stronger than most would even think of him but he was only young, very young in fact. "He must have been some man to gift his flesh to you. I can't imagine anyone doing that, although I've never been in a situation that would require such a heavy price."

But it was at that point, he leaned further across the worktable and revived his smile.

"I think we should embrace the sad things that happen to us and take the good from them. Because if all we did was reflect on the bad, how knows how we would end up..." Ikka would state, referring back to himself and the urging guilt that he felt for hurting his family at such an indirect stage in his life. "I think that's something my mothers would have wanted me to know: that they died for a cause, a reason for their death was to give me life." His eyes would be readable, so readable, but if the former-scarred woman would delve into the emotional hues, she would only see honestly and gentleness. "And I'm happy that they cared so much for a boy they hadn't even met."

The last part may confuse Itami as she wasn't aware of his 'birth', so to speak.

Kokomo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
What was there to be bashful about anymore? Itami was powerfully charismatic, physically adept, and successfully intelligent––But there was always someone who could out sway her, out run her, or out debate her. In such a case, the woman would need to continuously grow until she became the highest of the high on the throne of Suna! She would be in the hall of fame, demanding people know her name in this village, and all that surround it in the unknown world outside of the mouth of the cave. But that was a different story for a different time.

Itami smiled softly at his sympathy, looking at her intimidating structure filled with the breath of life as he continued to murmur about the amazing price Kasa had paid for her. She would allow that thought to slip from her mind––No reason to get upset and sorrowful over a young boy's comments of bravery and nobility. Surely this boy knew of the heart-warming truth behind chivalry and the idea of a knight in shining armor.

Mothers? Was this boy an orphan of some sort adopted by two women? Or perhaps a boy living in one of those homes for children that tens upon tens of women walked into to help the children in there who wander in starving, uneducated, and alone––but surely, it was obvious, this boy had a sense of mind about him, and he was far to happy to live in a home like that. So, who were these women? And where were they now? He talked about them in past-tense as though he would never see them again––or perhaps would rather not?

Dead.

Ah.

So he was an orphan.

Wait?

Now she was confused. This boy has two mothers, that are now dead, that he never met. Sounded like an abandonment story. Perhaps he was a young boy given up to a home, adopted by two women, who never got a chance to pick him up? What a confusing story, but certainly it wasn't her place to ask. Itami would simply lul her head for a bit before nodding and smiling, "You're a bright boy, you should have no trouble understanding this." She stated simply as she pulled the cloth off the cage, and a ferret would be revealed, clawing and chittering at the two in the room. "He's quite...rambunctious" Itami murmured as she reached out a finger, and the animal reacted, moving to bite her finger, but a pulse of light ran from her finger into his mouth and the creature fell back into a moment of shock, seizing and struggling violently with it's own life as Itami picked it up and set it down on the table.

"Gave him a bit of a shock, so his heart rate is slowing down. As you can see, the blood flow is slowing down, causing his brain to seize, and potentially causing brain damage if I don't get right on saving him––understand?" She asked before she moved quickly to cast coagulation, "This causing his blood to form clots, thickening the blood in his brain to stop the seizing that's being called by the bleeding." She said, her hand moving over him again as she tapped his belly, "Anesthetic Infusion causes his heart to stop beating so profusely, and gives it it's normal rate again," Finally, she surrounded the poor creature in light, "And the light saver? Medical Ward. Known to bring organs back to their normal functions, increase blood flow, and close internal and external wounds. It's very helpful, very powerful, but if you use it wrong, it can be deadly." The creature would lay still for a while, cast into a sleep from the anesthetic infusion. "This is certainly a battle medic question though, is that what interests you?"

Honma Kotone

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ikkadan wasn't going to lie, but he was quite confused. He didn't really make the connection from one medical term to the next, but regardless, he attempted to understand the terms and her words equally. "I'm sort of... understanding," Ikka would bite down on his lower lip, hinting with his awkward expression that he didn't really understand what she was saying but the effort that he was putting in was also noticeable. After the woman had finished up her explanation of a few medical techniques, he would look down at the sleepy animal with a low smile: ah, she saved its life. Albeit, he never understood the logistics of the technique but what he did understand was the ultimate goal behind the effort.

"I don't really know what exactly interests me when it comes to medicine... I think I'm just baffled by how one person can save another's life." He would rub the top of his finger against the slumbering ferret's belly; humming softly as its little heart dance away till a new day. "If it were me, I'd be happy that I could do something so magical." Ikka's eyes would trail up to meet that of Itami, whom bore a great beauty around her and her eyes were only a fraction of said beauty.

"And even if you can't save someone's life, you can still make a difference, no?" Ikkadan would continue to stroke the ferret's belly, "Forgive me for bringing this up, but you said that Iori-ojisan grafted your fiance's skin onto your body... And even in death, medicine has still managed to change the life of something that walks among the living." He would lower his shy smile before removing his finger from the ferret's proximity.

"But why do you seem so alone...?"

Kokomo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Of course he wasn't supposed to understand right away. He was no prodigy--at least not in medicine. It seemed as though he had an eye for people, on the other hand. This sort of longing to know and understand people around him and how they interact with one another. That was simply the way that he worked, which was fine for anyone but Itami. This specific woman had to be careful around him, or he would get to smart. He was quick, witty, and was reading her like a map. If he pressed any further, he was going to get too deep.

Not that that bothered her too much... he had beautiful eyes, after all.

Picking up the animal and putting it back as he spoke on and on about life. This young boy obviously had it shocked into him that life was precious and personal through first hand experiences with death and injury. That was something different about him and the rest of the youth: he didn't think he was invincible. It was a good sign, Itami wouldn't have to knock morality into him--he understood it just fine.

Crossing the line, he brought up solitude and Itami's harsh eyes looked up and her face hardened as it stared blankly at him before her artistically shaped eyebrows scowled at him, "If I was you--" The headset around her neck buzzed for a moment, she hesitated before turning her back from him and putting it on, "Doctor Kanashimi..... oh... yes... of course. On my way." Itami turned quickly picking up the cage and returning it, "Excuse me, Ikka, but I need to be on my way. Place the gloves in the trash on your way out." She said before exiting the room briskly.

[TOPIC LEFT]

Honma Kotone

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ikkadan cocked his face into an awkward expression of uneasiness. He kind of gathered that he had offended her, at least even a little bit, and he was just on the verge of apologizing; but the worries of being a doctor prevented her for staying for an extra moment. As the woman swooned away, her feet carrying her to the next source of urgency: a patient, in some kind of need, the boy would be left by himself fiddling with the gloves that she had left him with. He would sigh, looking over to the incapacitated mouse before giving it a weak smile. "It's okay, little guy..." Ikka would fit his finger through the steel bars of the cake and touch the tip of his finger upon the cute animal's belly.

And with that, Ikkadan would too leave the room, throwing the gloves into the lab's bio-hazard box.

[Topic left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back