Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Meeting of Flames [Kumiko/Bruinetto]

Onamuji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
floorplan.jpg

Two days after their chance encounter at the Grand Halls of Learning, the stage was set and ready for its players. Satsumaru's estate was prepared to house two more Uchiha, and it was only a matter of time until they arrived.

The entrance led into the entry hall, a place that seemed more intended for halting visitors or allowing a buffer between them and the inner home. The hall was devoid of much, but it left guests to wonder if there weren't cameras hidden nearby. Past the hall was the great room, where a small table sat in the center of the room, flanked by long, plain couches. Obviously, this area was meant to entertain guests. To the right was a long hallway that led to a door on the left and three doors on the right. To the right, the three doors led to guest bedrooms meant to provide a place for any guests to stay for an extended time. Not that Satsumaru ever had company over, of course, but the forethought was put into the construction of the building. On the opposite side, a large master bedroom. That particular door remained locked at all times, save when Satsumaru himself was entering or exiting.

The left hallway led to one room on the left, and one on the right. To the left, the dining room. A long table sat in the center, lined with chairs enough for a total of ten people - one at each end and four on either side. On the opposite side, the kitchen. It was a rather elaborate kitchen for a man who couldn't cook, but his live-in attendant, Shikayami Azumi, handled such things.

Just off the main entrance was a door to the left and a door to the right, housing the study and library respectively. While one would assume they would be one and the same, Satsumaru's vast library needed a room of its own. Within were countless volumes of knowledge he had purchased or obtained throughout his short years, many of which focused on Uchiha history, genealogy, and mythology. The study held various artifacts and weaponry collected through his years and an active shinobi in Sunagakure, as well as a long desk at the far end of the room, where Satsumaru spent many sleepless nights poring over texts and research. Filing cabinets were locked, lining the walls of the study. There was also a locked cabinet behind his desk with an odd-looking seal, but none could say what was held within save for Satsumaru himself. He was a master of seals, and it was likely kept shut by his power, and would open for his power alone.

The great room's back wall was comprised of windows that revealed the training area in the courtyard outside. It was a large circle, spaced a good distance from the house to ensure that there was no collateral damage from any training or sparring.

Both the dining room and training yard would be the focal points of today's fun. For the time being, Satsumaru sat with a book in his study, calmly drinking some saké while Azumi was making her rounds in the kitchen, ensuring that everything was edible.

[Private topic for the Uchiha twins. Uchiha only! :p]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It surely did appear to be troublesome to be in his position sometimes in the world. While his parents were very prominent in the Fujikaru sect of the Jenosaido clan it often fell upon him and his sister to represent the clan. After all they were the up and coming and the clan was very focused on developing their future generation. This development was very particular thanks to their most prominent clan elder. The lives of many of them were almost planned out shortly after their births. Who will oversee their growth and help them develop their skills, how they will be educated, how they will be refined, and there are even times when marriages are arranged to help promote the growth of the clan and further have their bloodline seep deeper into the infrastructure of Sunagakure. Looking at it from the outside it almost seemed like a barbaric but silent take over of a populace from the inside. More than likely coming here was another way the Jenosaido were reaching out and acquiring friends in high places and becoming friendly with other clans in the village, especially those that had ties with the Uchiha blood.

Standing there in formal apparel he looked like a well dressed professional. Wearing a pair of black dress pants, a dark leather belt, a black jacket, grey vest, white undershirt, and having a pocket watch with the silver chain hanging out. His hair was tamed and styled as opposed to being all over the place and out of control as per usual as well. As much of a mess he could be he cleaned up very well. His eyes turned over to his sister who was standing right beside him at the main entrance to the estate they stood before. "Should we knock?"

Kumiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Just like Satsumaru said herself and Bruinetto received the letter indicating the preparations for their arrival were all in order. Luckily the twins had no missions planned for them. And Bruinetto had a dry spell with his projects. Listed within the letter were directions to his manor. Otherwise it would have take the duo much longer to find. Once they did locate the mansion Kumiko had to do a double take. Sure she was used to the Jensaido compound, and the Uchiha manor. But this place was just for one person. Where Bruinetto hesitated Kumiko went ahead and knocked. ' Well I don't see a door bell.'

She still didn't know why Bruinetto dressed up like he did. This was a potential sparring session as well as social occasion. Kumiko wore her normal attire. Her black bikini top and black short shorts, however her long black trench coat would be zipped up to her collar. it's back holding the Uchiha clan symbol. As for her hair was in it's normal waist length pig tails.

Onamuji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Before Azumi could say a word, Satsumaru called out a simple, "Got it."

The attendant returned to her preparations while the long-haired master of the household put his cup and book down, rising from his seat to move toward the entryway. Upon opening the large door, Satsumaru smiled politely and offered, "Welcome, both of you. It is a pleasure to see you again, and a pleasure to meet you, young master. Please, come in. Let's sit in the great room for a moment and talk a bit before we head out for a quick sparring session. I'd like to get to know you more, if you don't mind."

With that, he stepped aside and held the door open wide, gesturing for the twins to enter. There was much to discuss, and much to see for both parties. Proper introductions would be needed, and a little conversation seemed appropriate before heading into their friendly battle. Everything had its time and place, and Satsumaru intended to address each matter in its own respective order.

Once the duo had entered (assuming you enter), Satsumaru would motion for them to have a seat opposite him in the great room, while taking a seat of his own.

"I am Uchiha Satsumaru, Jounin. Normally, I'd do a little digging around your files to learn about you, but I thought it would be inappropriate considering the relationship we share, and may yet share. To that end, please...both of you, tell me about yourselves. Who you are, what you do, your desires...anything you feel is worth sharing. I will do the same, once you have. Perhaps then, we might get a good grasp on what to expect from one another, hm?" he proposed with a grin.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Regardless of whether this was going to be both a social occasion and a sparring session to Bruinetto it was about looking professional. He choose to look professional in the business sense as opposed to being a decorated shinobi. It was strange that in a line of work where they were intended to be tactful saboteurs and assassins yet they brandish their profession as a shinobi so easily. From a mile away you can spot the apparel of shinobi and the most telling of these items were village headbands. If they were suppose to be tools of deception then he better served his job by appearing to be a civilian as opposed to a shinobi. The two of them didn't want long before they were greeted by a woman at the front of the estate. Bruinetto kindly smiled at her while she spoke. "It is a pleasure to meet you miss."

Proceeding forward he would enter the estate following the gestures of the woman who greeted them. While walking through the entry hall his eyes would gradually scan the entirety of the room meticulously. Paying close attention to the architecture and the structure of the building itself and comparing it to the contrast given by the decorations of the household. The hall were adorned with a multitude of objects both familiar and foreign. He wouldn't find himself surprised when catching sight of a painting hanging on the wall. For a brief moment he stopped mid-step to admire the artwork. The moment was fleeting as he brought himself back into reality and caught up with his sister who was just entering the great room.

It was there the man they had come to meet introduced himself. Listening carefully to the mans speech it was well apparent he had his methods of obtaining information. Such a thing would be expected out of a jounin of their village. Instead of being intrusive and reading about him he allowed them to paint the canvas of his first impressions of them with how they describe themselves. "The name is Bruinetto and I am encouraged to use the surname Jenosaido. Traditionally I am also an Uchiha. I am a chuunin and may be the singular main branch ninja of the village considering they encourage one to be either ANBU of a Medic. I find it preferable to teach as a method of improving my own skills. Not only can I impart what I know to them but I can learn from them. I spend a large portion of my time doing research and gathering knowledge. The knowledge I gather is imparted into what I managed to build whether it be tools or just simply machines. After seeing some of Sousuke's work I have started looking into the engineering behind puppets and trying to replicate some of their functionality into my own work. As for desires I often don't like a long over arching goal. I'd like to never consider there being an ending point. So there is always incentive to grow as opposed to working out a final ending point." Perhaps a rather wordy explanation but it would appropriately answer their hosts questions.

Kumiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Considering this was Bruinetto's first meeting with Satsumaru San she let him take the lead into the impressive mansion. Expecting a maid or servant it was none other than the lord of the manor himself who answered the door. " Thank you for having us. " She replied to his greeting. It was best to get all the formalities out of the way. Much like her brother Kumiko took in her surroundings as she followed the older Uchiha into a small sitting room. It would be a nice ice breaker for the twins and Satsumaru to get to know each other.

Satsumaru started it off as she sat beside Bruinetto on a plush couch. It would seem Satsumaru had quite the resources if he were able to dig up their files. She wondered just how high up within the Jounin ranks he was. She be patient and listen to her brother's summary. In this time Kumiko thought about what she should reveal. It wasn't like she was able to go into great lengths of her ANBU career. Essentially that was her main focus. So just what should she talk about? " You already know my name from our previous meeting. Like my brother I am Chuunin rank. I serve this village and our Steward. In doing so I will do it right and commit my life to doing so. " Of course she was referring to her ANBU responsibilities as well as her reasons for joining. If she was going to protect this village she was going to go all out in doing so. "And of course I wish to further the Uchiha name. " That was everything in a nut shell.

Onamuji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Satsumaru watched the two with obvious interest as they spoke, taking in every word. He was undeniably interested in the duo, for whatever reason, and paid close attention to their words.

When they had finished speaking, he smiled politely and replied, "Interesting, to say the least. There seem to be many things about you that warrant questions, but before that, I suppose it's more appropriate to introduce myself first and level the playing field."

Clasping his hands in his lap, the young Uchiha went on to say, "I am Uchiha Satsumaru, Jounin and strategist. I entered the Academy late at 12, graduated at 13, was promoted to Chuunin at 14, and to Jounin at 16. I had no idea I was an Uchiha until I was 13, and even then, I wasn't the most receptive to the realization that I was something that draws attention in our world, for better or worse. It wasn't until a few years ago that I accepted and embraced our bloodline for what it is: a glorious inheritance, and a legacy to uphold and strengthen."

Gesturing toward his library, Satsumaru explained, "My library is no small room, and I don't exaggerate in saying that most of the text inside revolves around our myths, legends, and reports. Through research and great risks, I have discovered things that most of our kind thought were mere myths - or didn't realize ever existed."

He looked to the duo, gazing beyond what most others could possibly see with their bare eyes save for the most gifted Uchiha. His crimson eyes saw more than a boy and a girl, but something far superior. The secrets he spoke of could either be a great benefit to them, or something they should never grasp. It was his intention to discern which. If he found them to be up to the task, and worth the trust, he wanted to call them allies and do all he could to teach and aid them in becoming as powerful as their Uchiha blood would allow. If not...well, allies they would remain, but certain secrets were better kept that way when people seemed too much a risk or not willing to learn.

"In obtaining the greatest gifts our bloodline can bestow, it is neither egotism nor false to tell you that I have surpassed some of our clan's greatest heroes and have joined the ranks of those we call legendary. All the myths of our people are made reality, and it is my intention to unify our scattered clan and make us a force to be recognized as more than a scattered, sporadic bloodline mixed and diluted to die out over generations. That is why I sought to speak with you two. You are of the same clan, and I wanted to gauge whether or not I could trust you enough to share what I've learned with you," the long-haired Jounin explained at length.

With that, he dropped the genjutsu he generally maintained to mask his Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan. Even in a world of stone-skinned, element-wielding, spirit-summoning shinobi; there was something about red eyes that perturbed people. It was easier to keep them hidden. Even those familiar with the Sharingan knew that it was a deadly weapon, and the sight of them was usually a sign of hostility.

They would see, however, that his eyes were different. The typical tomoe weren't there. Neither was the spiral of the Mangekyou. His eyes held a pattern large and distinguishable, and far removed from the mythical Mangekyou that was thought to be the pinnacle of Uchiha blood.

"There is power only the Uchiha can obtain. If you are interested, I can help you obtain it as I have..." he offered.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Paying close attention to the words of Satsumaru he would be able to relate to such rapid growth at a young age. The main difference between the two of them however was that he had gone into the academy much earlier than the age of twelve. It was about the age of nine when he was enrolled as an academy student. Having such a high aptitude for learning he was able to graduated and become a genin in a little over a year. As a young child becoming a genin he found himself out of place working with for the most part stronger and much older shinobi. It was from then on he held himself back quite a bit as a result. Had he not held himself pack he may have been promoted to jounin some time ago. It was quite impressive however that he had not utilized his sharingan in his academy training until much later on in his life. Most talented youngsters of the Uchiha clan are known for unlocking that power early and it even further exponentially increasing the rate of their growth. It was there that he started to go more into details about their clan itself which was something Bruinetto had already delved into through historical texts.

When his words switched for a moment to start talking about his library however that was when his interest started to peak. Looking all around there were book shelves upon book shelves and each of them packed tightly with books. There was so much material here that it even seemed to rival that of the public archives of the village. It would make the boy wonder the contents of these books and just what kind of information were resting against the walls. It was almost strange however that his words took a turn for the mythological. It harkened back to a lecture that Sousuke had hosted awhile back. His words went on about ancient chakras and powers of the ancient paths that were tied to some mythology of the wind country in general. Something supernatural and fantastical like that always somewhat earned ire from Bruinetto. As a man who firmly believes in resource and scientific datum he had a hard time relying on these stories and accepting such mythological elements. Often finding that the past has been colored vibrantly as a result of the stories being passed down through the generations. "I have heard of some pretty barbaric mythologies concerning the early progression of the ocular techniques in our clan. There were some very famous and legendary Uchiha figureheads that these legends emerged from who played a strong part in the creation of the Hidden Leaf if I am not mistaken."

Bruinetto's brief blurt was but a small interruption as he would continue to let Satsumaru go on with his introductions of sorts. This next bit that he heard though almost sounded like an excerpt you would have heard out of some fantasy novel or even a comic book. Standing there the skeptic inside of him continued on to wonder about these the validity of these myths and how true they were. What had been exaggerated in the Uchiha history? Along with that what had been misinterpreted as the only ways of acquiring such legendary powers? However it was when evidence supporting these claims emerged that skeptic in him started to become intrigued. Much like he expected there was the presence of a non-invasive genjutsu cast in the area. It was a relatively simple tool of deception but worked very well. Looking to the eyes of Satsumaru he would notice a rather strange design to the eyes. It was far unlike any normal fully developed sharingan. All he could do is smirk slightly, "So that is what a Mangekyo looks like? I've never seen somebody else use one." A slight chuckle coming from him as he crossed his arms in front of his chest. "You're knowledge is what I am more interested in."

Kumiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Like a good little Uchiha Kumiko waited and listened as Satsumaru now spoke about himself. It was true she was interested in him and the connection he held with the Uchiha, however, she was more interested in this spar he promised. It wasn't everyday she came across one who boasted being the most powerful Uchiha in Suna. Still she wasn't raised to be impolite or rash. Her story, in most aspects, was the same if not similar to her brothers. At least when it came to their academy career. The twins had been geared towards the shinobi path from within the womb. So starting them off at the youngest age possible was the most logical. Therefore the two of them unlocking the secret of the sharingan while still students was no big surprise.

As Satsumaru began talking of his great library she couldn't help but cast her onyx eyes about the room. She was sure Bruinetto would be in heaven with all these reference books, Kumiko too found it rather impressive. Not that she spent as much time studying as Bruinetto. It was here her twin interjected with a small bit of history about the clan. Of course the clan's history was known to the female Uchiha. It had practically been ingrained within her very being at a very young age. " That sect of Uchiha branched off from the first men who inhabited Suna. It would be interesting to see how the Uchiha here differ from the Uchiha who migrated to Leaf. " Her interest in this topic quickly averted itself to a topic Satsumaru alluded to. A genjutsu had been cancelled, Kumiko could feel it the moment it happened. Glancing up at the older Uchiha Kumiko could see the difference within her eyes. Maybe her brother was unaware of this, but Kumiko already unlocked the power of her Mangekyou Sharingan. Although it was most interesting to view Satsumaru's.

" You said before you were probably the strongest Uchiha in the village. This may be true, but the power of the Mangekyou Sharingan is already known to us. Unless you speak of something different. " By the way he spoke she was getting the vibe he was hinting at something else. " And you speak of our sect of Uchiha like nomads. However when you look at it more closely our Uchiha blood is placed very strategically within the political infrastructure. Not only are there Uchiha blood in many of the noble clans of Suna, but a member of our blood is within the seat of power. Maybe not the Kage, but Steward nonetheless. If one were to pull in every member with Uchiha blood said person would hold a vast amount of power within the military and government combined. " The mastermind behind all this was none other than the Uchiha clan elder, however this was merely speculation on Kumiko's behalf.

words: 483
[ MFT ]

Onamuji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Satsumaru gave a wry, wide grin as Bruinetto spoke of what he knew of Uchiha myth. This one seemed to be a clever boy who did his homework, even when that homework was far outside what the basic Academy required. But then, that didn't surprise him. He was the same way at fifteen. In a way, the boy reminded him of himself. And he spoke more truth about the subject than he knew, to his credit.

"Barbaric, indeed, Bruinetto. Some of our deepest myths hold tales of certain members of our blood killing our own, and some even stealing body parts from their Uchiha brethren. If anything, our clan seemed to value the 'survival of the fittest' ideology," he replied with a chuckle, "But as barbaric as some of our myths seem, the question remains...how much of them hold truth? Would such sacrifices bear fruit?"

Gesturing toward the library, he noted, "I hope to help you in finding your own answers to these questions, whether by offering my resources or my guidance. Whichever you prefer at any given time. Part of my intention was to offer both, and yet another to show you that I'm worth the conversation and not just another loudmouth with nothing to offer..."

Still seating, he gave a grin. What looked like a small whirlwind of sorts spiraled and focused in on Satsumaru's crimson eyes. Soon, he seemed almost vacuumed out of reality, and disappeared entirely. A brief moment later, the same sort of vacuum materialized the Jounin nearby, with his arms crossed firmly in front of his chest. He had, for all intents and expectation, truly immaterialized and materialized. Not some genjutsu or trickery, but a real non-existent state.

"The Sharingan and its initial stages are but the beginning. The legendary Mangekyou, as you both know, is what many believe to be an impossible and final stage. However, there is another level far beyond the Mangekyou, eternal and unwavering. It allows power over time and space itself, and I have achieved it," the elder Uchiha explained, "Yet I do not believe myself alone in such potential. I believe this power to be within every Uchiha. It is simply up to those with the willpower and determination to find it."

Again, he immaterialized and materialized, this time holding an ancient scroll showing signs reflecting crimson eyes and immense beasts of fire.

Holding it up for viewing, Satsumaru noted, "As you both know, our bloodline has been respected and feared since the time of the First Men. Our name is etched into every age, and rightfully so. We are among the world's greatest strategists and warriors. We have the power to create change, and alter the course of history."

"I merely wish to do what I can to strengthen this same power within our clan, by whatever means I have to do so. The Steward is a righteous man, but not my concern. While holding some minor drop of our shared blood, he is not Uchiha. He is Takahashi, as he should be, and I do not speak of either ousting or challenging him. The same goes to whatever noble Uchiha lay in wait to take their hold of Sunan politics," he admitted with a shrug, "I do not wish to be Steward or Kage, or even Council member. I do not require an office or mantle to achieve my goals, I simply achieve them. My aim is simpler: to create some semblance of unity within our clan. Once, we held our own shrines and collectives, even within the various shinobi villages. I want that same unified mentality to bring our people together once more - not as agents with only a name between us, but as members of the same clan, with the same veneration toward our ancestors and paragons."

Yen
ASP
Deaths
A rather strange spectacle happened before him witnessing a strange power of Sastsumaru's occular jutsu. The technique was not some mere body flicker to say the least. Usually there was a visual cue to distort a targets attention followed by high speed movement. There was no sudden jolt in movement that his eyes could pick up either. Even if his sharingan was not activated his eyes were quite sharp. While racing in his mind to figure out meticulous details of the jutsu just witnessed Sastsumaru was quick to accompany it with an explanation. It would at least give credit to his first presumption of the jutsu being a time and space technique. Those skills were often quite difficult and involved markings which usually provide a destination point for a warping technique. As Satsumaru continued he couldn't help but look for any visual cue of a seal marking but he wouldn't find any. “A warping technique that requires no marker? How intriguing.”

After having listened to this mans words there was something he could relate to in those words. The path he choose wasn't for political power but as means for benefiting a much larger group. It wasn't a selfish means to create a powerful pack but a measure for developing and creating a better future. Bruinetto had no interest in political positions and only wanted to further his study to be able to create and spur the village itself. While the world of the shinobi was a constant cycle of war there was hope in the idea that someday things could change. That new developments and ideas could win the hearts and minds of people and snap the world out of this madness. “So how do you go about recruiting all of these fellow clansmen? While are those whose pride for their heritage alone that could be swayed. This pride though can blind others and they become arrogant. How do you win them over? Is the promise of just greater power and advances in their ocular jutsu going to be enough? A great cause is something somebody can get behind. I just don't think all will be sold on the idea of heritage alone. There are times I also am weary of those too eager to get their hands on power.”

This didn't by any means show that Bruinetto was not interested in the ideas being presented. For one being able to impart knowledge and skills to other members of their clans along with the resources and information that can be shared through even just access of the current library that surrounded him. The potential of unifying the clan brings the promise of sharing experiences and lessons and future coordination between these varying viewpoints. Just he wondered why just stop at their clan and not broaden their view? Matters of nationality of pride for heritage often got lost on Bruinetto. He could not identify the passion itself for those symbols. Although he could get behind using his power to benefit others besides just himself.

Kumiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
She wouldn't, necessarily, call the myths of the Uchiha clan barbaric. Instead, the female Uchiha, might call it survival of the fittest. Especially in those days and ages. if one wasn't strong they were killed. No matter what the age. Not matter what the clan. It made perfect sense from that perspective to figure out ways of achieving this. " I disagree. Look at how history depicts the world at that time. It WAS a barbaric place. And those were the methods needed to survive. I'd say rather than anything else it was survival of the fittest. "

Kumiko didn't exactly expect anything, in particular, when agreeing to attend. She figured it would be a beneficial contact as well as a great sparring match. However she was obtaining more than she could have thought. Not only were they getting a history buff but he genuinely wished to help them? To Kumiko this would seem odd coming from a person they only recently met. But she would take it for what it was worth. Within a blink of an eye the man before them vanished. Now, Kumiko possessed a shadow affinity. This was something she was able to do with darkness. However this was different. This didn't evoke any shadow. His entire being was sucked away like a vacuum only to re-submerge himself within their dimension a short period after. This was nothing she had EVER seen before. Though she had heard, very vaguely, of something making this possible. Not only did he do so once, but twice. At a loss for words, momentarily, Kumiko merely listened to what he had to say.

Different people had different beliefs as to what the right path for the Uchiha was. Some were much more aggressive than others. Some more passive. Knowing her brother he held a more passive nature in such respects. But then again he was never one with politics. With one territory there was always the other. One couldn't bring together the Uchiha clan without being dragged into the political arena. In that sense she felt her brother naive. But then again he spent most of his time alone within his workshop. Kumiko was raised to be the aristocrat of the family. She emersed herself with the formalities and social structures of the clan. " There is a difference between being optimistic and realistic. Yes some people may be won over by pretty words and promises. But most people are greedy and selfish creatures and would not lift a finger unless they were getting something in return, unless the one offering has the power behind them to back their intentions. "

Onamuji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"I am no politician," Satsumaru replied with a smile and a shrug, "I prefer more direct tactics to achieve my ends, whether that's direct speech or action. The realm of politics tends to be a little too muddled to allow a man like me the ability to achieve anything. As of yet, I have not been offered, nor have I sought, a place on our Council."

Truly, the world of politics was far from thought. There was the inherent power and prestige that came along with a place on the village's collective authority, but it was never a place Satsumaru strove toward. His goals had always taken him elsewhere.

"As you so aptly put it, Kumiko, flowery words and promises can only go so far. A sentiment I share, and intend to prove in our meeting today. You have seen one glimpse into what we can achieve at our greatest heights, but that is only a parlor trick when used in such a manner," the long-haired Jounin noted.

Gesturing toward the male twin, he went on to add, "And as you said, Bruinetto, it will take more than power itself or a shared heritage alone to bring people together. It will take a balance. Power, in and of itself, is but a tool that either corrupts or empowers those who seek it. In the wrong hands, my power could corrupt and cause havoc. In the right hands, it can be another powerful resource to serve the village and our people. The difference, in many cases, is a sense of understanding. When one with power has no understanding of it, it is like a child playing with fire. When such a person can find a real understanding of power, they can harness it and realize its purpose."

It was something the twins likely had already learned. They were shinobi, after all. Any fool with chakra could learn to use jutsu, but only those who could come to study and understand the power behind the jutsu could truly master it and put it to a greater purpose. Satsumaru's purpose, currently, was to return the Uchiha to the legendary status they once held across the world. There were pockets of Uchiha in every village. As Kumiko had stated, they weren't as nomadic or scattered as they had once been, but as intent and focused as each Uchiha was, it wasn't to the same level that they once were...back when they were considered demi-gods in the shinobi universe, and Uchiha shrines could be found in every village to serve as place of reverence to the bloodline and grant its kin a common place to meet and teach of their ways and practices. It was almost a religion at one time, but Satsumaru knew that as powerful as the Uchiha were, they weren't gods. They were one of the greatest clans in the history of ninja, and were capable of attaining the same worldwide presence they once commanded.

"If I teach you what I know, I hope to also encourage a greater understanding; and likewise, I hope that perhaps views from other members of our clan might grant me new perspectives," Satsumaru explained, "If I can show you two the meaning behind my intentions, perhaps the rest of our kind can join us."

Waving his hand in the air dismissively, he smiled and said, "But I fear I talk too much. We can talk in circles on the subject, but we still have a demonstration and a fine meal waiting for us. Perhaps after our spar, we can pick up where we left off. In the meantime, let us move to the courtyard and have our friendly match."

Gesturing for the twins to rise, Satsumaru waited for their approval. If they had any immediate questions, of course they were free to ask. If not, they could follow Satsumaru out of the common room and into the courtyard that awaited beyond the glass windows.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The more he listened to Sastumaru's words the more intrigued he was becoming by the idea he was proposing. While in the end fringing on the fact that it was solely geared towards the Uchiha alone one point in particular stood out to him and that was the information gathering possibilities. One thing for sure was what it came to the Uchiha is they were by far some of the most diverse shinobi simply because of the learning aptitude due to the presence of the Sharingan. The analytical abilities coupled with photographic memory were excellent learning tools and gathering many Uchiha one could gain knowledge of jutsu from all parts of the world. Not only that but understandings of different cultures, countries, and their societies would also be beneficial for future endeavors and potential connections to further broaden their reach. “Though there is skepticism in the kind of people could be attracted by this. There is otherwise great potential despite the risks. Even I have encountered risks in my research but if they are never taken there can't be progress. A philosopher is one who sits back and thinks too much without doing, while an innovator thinks while take actions and move forward.”

The time for introductions and discussion was over as it seems it was time for a change of pace. They were being invited outside into the courtyard to participate in the spar that Kumiko had mentioned to him earlier. While it seemed like his sister was more prepared for battle than him but those looks could be deceiving With this spar however he was wondering how it was going to go. Was it going to be a battle royale or was Satsumaru intending on taking them on as a team? It wasn't very often that he worked together with Kumiko as a team. Strangely though when they did their synchronization and synergy was quite exceptional. Even while the strongest of personal links was not often shown or even seen the two shared a connection with one another. That could just be due to the nature of them being twins after all

Kumiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Introductions were now over. There minds had been spoken on various topics, and though a few matters held differences between certain stand points, all in all the three seemed to agree when it came to the power Uchiha wielded. The time for talk was now over. The time for using ones actions instead of words was beginning. This was what Kumiko waited for. From the moment she met Satsumaru he boasted of his title amongst the Uchiha, that being one of the strongest. She wished to test this title. For how could one claim such a thing without fighting against all the Uchiha in Suna? Following Satsumaru's lead Kumiko would stand from the couch and walk out of the common room and out into the courtyard. As the time for this spar drew closer Kumiko wondered how this was going to work. True she was anxious to spar against Satsumaru. But a small portion of her truly wished to fight Bruinetto too. She couldn't remember the last time the two trained together, let alone fight one another. This afternoon would prove most exciting for the female Uchiha. " I've been looking forward to this spar. "

words: 196
[ MFT ]

Onamuji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Leading them outside, they passed through the large sliding glass doors into the courtyard, following a path that led a good distance from the house. There, amidst the dirt and sand, was a drawn-out circular arena. It had obviously been cleaned and graded from past usage, as the sands were even and soft, and all markings and boundaries were freshly painted. A few demolished and burnt training dummies remained off to the sides, however, making it clear that he used the area frequently for training.

As he walked, Satsumaru stretched his arms and moved to the far end of the makeshift arena. "So...how would you prefer we go about this? In any case, we'll see what we need to see; it all depends on what you'll find more interesting in the event. Would you prefer it to be a free-for-all, or would you both like to see how long it takes you to wear me down?" he asked, allowing the twins their choice of contest.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"In this scenario in a free-for-all more than likely I will credit you with being the most experienced here Satsumaru. In that kind of scenario you would have the greatest advantage. I feel it would be a better challenge for you, for the two of us to work against you. If anything, we'd be more capable of pressuring you to show more of your strength. I'm more interested in seeing you closer to your full power, and whatever special powers this particular Sharingan of yours wields." It was true that this would be the method best for gaining more information about the occular jutsu that Satsumaru showed the two of them earlier. He alluded that his mangekyou sharingan was different than a normal one and showcased a rather interesting space and time technique. With this intrigue he wants to see more of what it had to offer. "That is, if that is alright with Kumiko."

Kumiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Though it mattered little to the female Uchiha how they battled, she semi hoped for a chance to battle it out with her twin brother. However that wasn't why they were here. They were here cause this Uchiha, before the twins, boasted about being the strongest Uchiha. If he couldn't beat the two of them, who could be considered as one when fighting, then all that boasting was for not. " I agree with Bruinetto. Maybe not for the same reasons but I too wish to test your strength. " She would send a side glance over towards her brother before activating her own Mangekyou Sharingan, then returning her gaze back towards Satsumaru with a wide grin. From her sheath she'd withdraw her Naginata, Shinkirou.

Onamuji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"As you wish," Satsumaru replied, nodding his head in assent. They wanted to face him as a team. As far as he was concerned, they would provide just as much understanding as a team as they would separately, and it would prevent the spar from being overly brief. It wasn't a boast or an insult to say that either of the twins would lose in a one-on-one match to Satsumaru. They were younger Chuunin, and he was a Jounin ranked amongst the village's highest. Together, however, they were at the very least capable of wearing him down in an extended battle. His supernatural Sharingan and other abilities took a greater toll on his chakra than normal, giving them an edge in how long they could last.

Standing tall, he looked upon his newfound kin with crimson eyes, forcing them into their greatest stage. The Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan resembled the shape of a blossom or atom, granting power and foresight that only an Uchiha could know.

The long-haired man had a power he felt they needed to see, but decided to keep it in check for the time being. Unleashing Susano'o like this had the potential to destroy everything in the area, and even with all his power, it was near-impossible to completely control the otherworldly might of Susano'o. For now, he would give them the glimpse they needed and show them the difference between power and power eternal. Flames erupted around him, creating a large hellish figure that engulfed Satsumaru. The young sage was visibly unharmed - even comfortable - within the burning beast's frame. It would continue growing to immense proportions, but was obviously being kept in some sort of check by the Uchiha within. Susano'o...the hidden strength of the Uchiha "demi-gods". Satsumaru would demonstrate that legends were alive, and everyone with the will and strength to chase them could make them their own.

With a gesture, he welcomed them to take their time in making the first move.

[OOC: I'd call a B-Mod to make this a mechanical fight, but I don't think that's possible, so we'll have to RP it. I won't play the "I got you!"/"Nuh-uh!" game with you guys, so don't worry. I figure even though Satsumaru's got the edge, I'll make it fair for both of us and have him take some hits, wear out after a while, and call it a draw :p]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
With the battle beginning there was no reason to put a handicap on himself by not activating his Sharingan. Satsumaru earlier had effortlessly used such a complex technique that he could barely even read into it. Aside from what he could infer subjectively anyways. From the start their opponent went full throttle going straight to the Mangekyou. Anything less and he would have thought they were being underestimated. Through his own eyes he would watch carefully noting the changes in chakra of the opposition. The feeling of this chakra was familiar but far grander in scope and potency. Raging out of control this power propagated and emerged creating some kind of creature. “How intricate. This being isn't just a shell. Piece by piece this entity was created with chakra. Individually these pieces do nothing but when it all came together, it's beyond any creation jutsu I have ever seen before. By building it around him I would guess it serves a dual purpose as a barrier.. I wonder which is stronger. It's attack power or it's defensive power. There is one thing I have to check..”

His hands phasing through several hand seals quickly he ended on a tiger seal staring over towards Satsumaru who could be seen vaguely through the form of the dark apparition that surrounded him. It only took a few moments but he would separate his hands bringing one of them to his face as he stroked his chin. “As my chakra sought out to control his chakra mine was abrutly stopped in it's tracks by some kind of resistance. I have heard of barriers that cannot be phased by genjutsu before but this? Can this thing attack, defend against physical attacks, and provide resistance against illusions? With that checking out, then there is only one choice left.” Leaving his thoughts he would speak briefly to Kumiko. “Genjutsu is not an option. We're gonna have to make an opening.” Even with such little words spread he didn't need to say anything else. Bruinetto was not much for close range fighting and with her hastier nature she was the most likely to take the lead in this match. Even more so than that it was like a competition between the two. To see which of them would be capable of cracking the shell to get the prize inside. Maybe he was putting a handicap on himself after all, by letting his sister get a head start.

[OOC: I would rather do a Role play battle anyways. Much less time being held up with modding. Plus I don't have my actual abilities Rp'd for yet anyways ^_^''']

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back