Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Mind Games! [Open]

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
ko_Cloud_by_semokan-1.jpg
My fingers tapped lightly and my eyes glanced toward the game clock. We were both running out of time, and I could see the worry in his eyes. It was usually my game plan to run things long term, but this man had given me a run for my money. Literally. On the other side of the table sat a couple thousand yen. I squinted at him as he watched the board, planning some move that, in his mind, would place me in a position for loss. I could already see a way to win. It just hinged on what his next move was going to be. I watched pensively as his hand moved a piece to a somewhat offensive position.

"Ote." he responded with a small smile, tapping the trigger to stop his clock and start my own. I heard the ticking commence as I looked at the board. My king was in trouble, and I hadn't prepared for this situation. I cursed lightly in my mind as my eyes drew away from my original plan to reanalyze just what I would be able to do and still keep an advantage. About thirty seconds later, I moved a piece to place one of his pieces in jeopardy and challenge his bishop. My face remained calm, but my hands cupped together, gathering sweat under the table. Does he see it? To save his bishop he moved it into a position where it now challenged my gold general. A small stretched across my face as I moved my pawn just one space forward. "Tsumi." I replied standing from the game to take a deep long breath. Reaching down, I collected the winnings while watching him to make sure he didn't dispute it. The lowly pawn... many people underestimate it. I couldn't help but think of myself and the other students as pawns, expendable but still usable. A grim thought that would need washing away by good food. I would need to celebrate a good win after all.

Making my way over to a dumpling vendor and ordered a quick box to go. Once retrieved, I would lean against a notice board near the center of the plaza, several advertisements, postings, and other scraps of paper at my back. What an interesting day off it had been. I wondered how much more exciting life could get once I graduated...if I graduated.

[iNPC: Zaku]

Shinrya Kahako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kahako walked down the street with nothing much else to do on a day like today. Sure she could be somewhere training, and Satou would help her if she asked, but there were no classes today. It was her day off, and she was going to enjoy it as such. She stretched her arms over her head, allowing them to fall into their usual criss-cross position on top. As she walked down the street, she looked at what commodities the shops had to offer. Each store she passed, she took mental notes on any price change between the items displayed in each window. It was a habit she had learned when she was little, her mother often questioning her at the end of the day on what rose in price and what declined and how often it did so. Now, she found herself doing it almost naturally when she didn’t have much to think about.

Entering the plaza’s center, Kahako brought her arms down. In passing her eyes shifted to the two small white marks on her wrist almost hidden underneath her light jacket. She traced the over the lightly scarred flesh with the fingers on her other hand, sighing slightly as her memory flashed back to the night she received it. On the list of bad nights that one easily ranked in the top two as one of the worst ones. But none the less what happened happened, and she didn’t particularly like dwelling on it.

Another small sigh escaped her as she walked up to the notice board near the center of the plaza. “I wonder if I’ll find easy work for the day.” She said to herself as she approached the back of the board. She didn’t particularly like the fact that she had to find easy work for some spending cash, but if that was going to be the only way she could buy lunch without having to travel all the way home so be it.

When Kahako walked up to the notice board, she immediately began looking for any postings of anyone needing short, part-time work. After standing there for a few minutes, she caught the scent of dumplings and her stomach made a small growl. Looking to where the delicious smell was coming from, she noticed a pair of legs on the other side of the board diagonally from her. She poked her head around and noticed a young boy around her age eating dumplings from a to-go bento. He looked to be about the same age as her, if not younger. “That smells really good. Is it from a restaurant around here?” Her stomach made another small protest, but fortunately it was quiet enough that only those with more than decent hearing would have noticed it if they were near her. She needed to find work soon or she would have to walk all the way back to the residential district and ask for food from an already irate aunt.

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
I was about half way done with my batch of dumpling when a head poked around the side of the board. My eyes tilted sideways with my head as I bit into a dumpling as she spoke. With a full mouth I nodded vigorously as the flavor coated my mouth all over. It took a couple chews more, but I pointed yonder toward the vendor who had sold them to me. Once I swallowed, I smiled in embarrassment and nodded my head. "Yea I got 'em over there! Well worth the price if you ask me." I responded with confidence. The girl's stomach growled slightly and I tilted my head curiously. Well it was lunch time, and maybe she skipped breakfast like I had. I grabbed a dumpling for the box and held it out to her. "Want one?" I inquired. For some reason her expression held, not complete desperation, but a tinge of it. Like she wanted to avoid something., so I felt compelled to help her. It had not occured to me that she had found me via looking for a job. But I was intrigued by her expression: another enigma for me to solve.

Shinrya Kahako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kahako mentally too note of the vendor the boy pointed out. Before the boy offered the dumpling to Kahako, she watched his head tilt as if in response to her whiny tummy. ‘Oh great, he heard that,’ she thought with slight embarrassment. None the less, she gave the boy a reserved smile and took the dumpling from his offered hand. “Thanks. I was starving, and I didn’t want to go all the way back to the Seki District just for lunch.” She took a bite of the dumpling and slowly enjoyed the taste wash over her tongue. A tiny sigh of contentment left her mouth. Wonderful, maybe this would tie her over for a while.

‘Still...’ she looked back to the post to see if there was any work. The dumpling was pretty good! Instead of mooching off the boy beside her, she wanted to buy a box of her own. “This is delicious,” she said quieter voice, but appreciatively between bites. After a minute of looking at the advertisements on the board, her eyes moved to another section. “You looking for work too, or just enjoying lunch over here?” Her eyes glossed over the postings, not really taking in anything in particular. She was more focused on savoring the dumpling.

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
I returned her smile when she took the dumpling. Normally I was very protective over my food, but since I had money to spend from the game of Shogi, I was feeling generous. As she took a bite I smiled happily. "No problem, good right?" I replied as she began to look around at the postings on the wall. I immediately moved away from my position in courtesy in case she wanted to see the area where I was leaning. I questioned what she was seeking, but didn't really feel like prying into others business. At least, not until I was done eating. I was glad she agreed that these dumplings were just too good to pass up! I was looking up into the air and inhaling deeply when she made her inquiry. "Eh?" I mumbled looking at the notices. There were some help wanted posters. "Oh no, I was just taking a break from some Shogi. But now that you mention it..." my voiced trailed off. Some of these jobs were offering pay that was more than what I usually won at Shogi. "Some of these look rather enticing." I commented, scratching a non existent goatee, trying to look wise and interested. My eyes turned toward her inquizitevely. "Do you often come here for work? Don't your parents give you some kind of allowance money?"

Shinrya Kahako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As she finished her dumpling, Kahako quickly rubbed her hands against each other as if she were brushing crumbs off. She also padded her shirt to make sure there was nothing there was well. When she was finished, she looked to the boy responding. She found it amusing that the boy was trying to look equally as interested in what she was looking for. She couldn’t tell if he was actually in fact, interested, but at least he was humoring her light conversation. “Yeah, some of them look like they pay decently….” She trailed off. Most of the ones she spotted seemed to be full-time work.

The next question made her brow furrow slightly, as if she was fighting off a frown. “Usually my aunt gives me an allowance, but I accidentally stayed out late a few nights ago and got in trouble because of it.” She took one last look at the board; there wasn’t one listing she could find that she was interested in. “As punishment she took away my spending money ‘so your stomach can make you return home so you don’t stay out late like a deviant.’ She finished, changing her voice as if she was lightly mocking her aunt. “So until she un-punishes me, I have to find my own way of eating lunch, or return home early in the day.” Kahako crossed her arms, turned, and leaned against the post. Her eyes hardened in annoyance at the situation, a tiny frown surfacing. “Because when it’s your first night in a village as large as Kumogakure you supposedly know when most of the stores close, and you obviously think to leave well before it happens.” She stated sarcastically. She rubbed the two puncture scars on her wrist again with her thumb. She thought the end of the night was punishment enough.

She shook her head, removing her bitter thoughts on the night. “But I couldn’t find anything that would last a couple days closer to home, so I thought I would try here.” She said as she looked back to him and waved to the direction of the board, her usual reserved smile replacing the small, annoyed frown that was there a minute ago. “I mean, what can an academy student do when there is only one day off, right?”

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
A small paused presented itself, so I looked over at her right when she was fighting off frown, so it didn't register I had hit a soft spot. Normally I was pretty good at reading certain emotions based on expression thanks to playing Shogi often. But this girl was pretty good. As she relayed her unfortunate story to me, I could help but be intrigued as to the severity of the punishment for staying out late. We lived in a ninja village where the crime rate was low unless you wondered into the cronopolis. Someone would deny their family food money just because of this? But I couldn't just assume that right away. Maybe this stranger had a reoccurring problem with staying out late that I didn't know about. I couldn't let myself jump to conclusions just yet. She paused to look at the board again, but nothing caught her interest.

I smiled as her mockery was probably most likely accurate. I put the voice with a stereotypical evil aunt type and shook my head. What was I thinking? I watched as she leaned against the board like i was doing minutes before, enjoying my dumplings. Finally some kind of emotion presented itself. Of course, even myself would be perturbed at the situation, especially hunger. Based on what she said, I could relate to situations in my past where I had done similar things. Instead of complying, I simply did the opposite and spited my mother. But now I was trying to redeem that... by going through the academy and graduating. But there was more to her story that needed hearing, so I quietly payed attention as she explained the situation and why she was all the way in the Susukino looking for some kind of work. My eyes followed her to her wrists where they widened a bit in alarm. What had happened there?

A small smile appeared as the story concluded as she seemed to wave off the thoughts of the matter and focus on something I could relate to. "Yea, not much for us yet. But once we graduate, there will be more work then we probably want. Unless..." I said trailing into thought for a moment. I didn't want to confront her on the spiteful path she had taken. I was too lazy to argue right now, and we had just met. It wasn't my place. "Why don't we do some training, and make money at the same time?" I said with a devilish smile. "I've got an idea if your willing to to tempt fate. Oh, I'm Zaku by the way." I concluded with a confident smile.

Shinrya Kahako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kahako nodded in agreement to his statement. She also couldn’t wait until she graduated from academy. Not only would she have a steady flow of income, she would be one step closer to her life goal. If she survived that long... There was a particular ANBU with a cross-bolter who seemed to have it out for academy students. “I can’t wait for that day to come.” She spoke in agreement.

She looked to Zaku, raising an eyebrow at his devilish grin in interest. “Training…?” She asked, allowing her face to blank as she weighed her options. On one hand, she could just give up and return home well before dinner be a good girl and actually listen to her elder, yet on the other she would possibly receive both training and money all the while getting retribution. The choice was kind of obvious.

Kahako stood from her lean and reached her hand out as if shake his. “Well… as long as I’m not at death’s door by the end of it, and I can start heading home when the street lights turn on, I’m in. And I’m Kahako. Higa Kahako.” Interest and determination swirled in her eyes. The small smile returned as the same size as before, but took a slightly more devious twist to it. “So… what fate will we be tempting today, partner?”

After all, her aunt didn’t exactly tell her she couldn’t make money on her own.

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
</COLOR>
MischeviousZaku-1.jpg
I looked to her and nodded with a mischievous smile. Either she would be afraid of the expression I have given, or be intrigued by it; curious as to what I had planned. My mind was already set on challenging the law that day. For a little fun, I would have to risk a bit of my freedom myself. I just hope we didn't get caught if we went through with it. I watched her hand extend toward me, to which I placed mine in hers to make the gesture of greeting.
TrustMeZaku-1.jpg
"Oh don't worry about it. Trust me, we're not gonna be doing anything life threatening! It's good to meet you Kahako!" I replied with my own look of determination. It seemed that she too was taking on the attitude I had. One of devious intent! She made me chuckle slightly. "Well all kinds of fate!" I said and moved closer. "I think we should have a little competition to both test our skills and force us to do our best. Whoever can pickpocket the most money before the sun touches the horizon wins. And! The loser has to buy the other one dumplings!" I said in a tone that was both quite and excited.
CockyZaku-1.jpg
<COLOR color="#408040">I watched her as the grin on my face drew wide. Based on what she had said before, I wondered if she was willing to go against laws for a little fun. To me it was worth the risk. What would the ninja do if they stopped us anyway, we are just kids after all. "So what do you say Kahako? You in?" I asked with a cocky smile.

[Should I make them smaller?]

Shinrya Kahako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[[OOC: I think they're fine. lol, I wish I had multiple pictures like that.]]

She wasn’t expecting Zaku to move so close to her when he shook her hand, so a small blush slipped from her usually reserved face. It wasn’t because she was attracted to him at all or anything; she just wasn’t expecting the quick invasion of her personal space. At Zaku’s proposal, however, the smile she was holding and the blush both faltered. “Pickpocketing…?” Sure she wanted to get back at her punishment by staying out later than her aunt intended, but the general idea was to stay out of trouble over all. Her aunt would only take so much of her antics before she sent a letter to her mother, and that was definitely something Kahako wanted to avoid. Additionally, Kahako never picked someone’s pocket before. She thought back on how her mother would often times made it very clear (and quite loudly) how much she despised anyone being a thief. Generally while growing up she stayed out of that kind of trouble.

Yet, Kahako was at an impasse. Not only did she already agree to do this, but he challenged her to it. And there was a prize at the end for the victor. It was very, very rare that Kahako would back out of a challenge, and even rarer still when there was something she thought was worth it at the end. She felt a little foolish for not asking what he had in mind before she agreed to do it. Yet she couldn’t back down! Not with delicious dumplings and revenge on the line!…. Her mother would be so disappointed in her though… It would be wonderful training… But what if she was caught?

She realized that he had been waiting for an answer from her about whether she was up to it or not. They had been standing there in awkward silence, still in a handshake, and waiting for her to make up her mind. ‘No. yes… hell no… why not?’

“I don’t know how to pick a pocket…” She blurted out quietly. She honestly couldn’t bring herself to either back down or accept his challenge. It was a challenge, it was a good challenge and the only thing holding her back was that it was illegal.

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
</COLOR>
ContentZaku-1.jpg
<COLOR color="#408040">
I watched as her expression faltered at the suggested mission. At first, I had thought that she was the type to challenge fate because she rebelled, but those assumptions were faltering now. Maybe I had gone with the wrong idea, but she didn't seem to favor anything on the bored, and this was the next best way to make money while having fun. Work was so...work. I hated working if I didn't give it some kind of challenge. My mind pondered how she would respond as my eyes wondered her expression to look for any clues of a future decision. Our hands together and bodies close as to eliminate anyone hearing the conversation, I waited for her answer.

Oh how cute! The way she admitted that she was without sufficient knowledge. I couldn't help but chuckled and stuff my hands into their pockets, leaning against the notice broad to get ready for giving an explanation. "Pick-pocketing is relatively easy once you get the hang of it because people are usually unsuspecting and absent minding when doing their shopping. It takes three things which also are necessary in our work as future ninja! One, Perception. It will hone our skills to look for little details that stand out among similar things. We will be analyzing people to discern where their money may lie. Secondly, it will train what most people call sleight of hand. The faster we are at swiping the goods, the less chance they realize we are robbing them. This helps us be quick at drawing weapons and forming handseals. And finally, it helps us remain calm under pressure. When you go out there and actually commit a crime, your heart is gonna pump like crazy and you'll probably find yourself shaking uncontrollably. It helps us learn how to remain calm." I said, actually reciting something he had heard last year: the year he failed. How had I remembered that... Stupid mind remembering random ass things. Perhaps that day had really stuck out to me.

"So basically, you pick a target. Doesn't really matter who as long as you don't pick someone who doesn't have money. Then you need to watch them. You can cheat if they are shopping to see where they keep their money. Once you figure that out, you need to move in quick. The trick is to make something else so crazy go on that they pay zero attention to the fact that your hand is in your pocket. How you do this... Is up to you!" I said with a smile, now paraphrasing from the man I learned from last year.

OverconfidentZaku-1.jpg

[I think I'll just use one for his general attitude about the situation per post.]
<i></i>

Shinrya Kahako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
unsure_sm.jpg

As Zaku stepped away from her, Kahako looked to the ground. “But it’s illegal…” she said quietly as she began playing with the charm on her necklace. However, the way he described it… it sounded so easy. Plus, all of the things she could learn from this simple experience. If she didn’t get caught, then not only would she have money to spend again, she would also have the wonderful feeling she got when she was challenged. Kahako looked to the post again. If she turned him down, she would probably have to take up a position working for some restaurant or helping out at a shop. One last scan over the help wanted signs yielded the exact same results: A whole lot of not interesting. “Alright, let’s do it. But let’s make it a little more interesting." Her frown changed to a more determined look.
determination_sm.jpg

"Every two people we pickpocket, we have to find a third person to reverse pickpocket.” She let go of her necklace and lifted two fingers. “Twenty percent of what we have gotten from the previous two people before has to go into the third person’s pocket without them noticing. But it can’t be just any person; it has to be someone who looks like they would genuinely need it. If they do notice, then you have to give them forty percent.”</B><i></i> Kahako felt a little bit better with what she was about to do with this rule in place. This way she wasn’t just helping herself, but if she read the right people, she would be helping others as well. It by no means justified what she was about to do, but at least she wasn't going to feel completely bad about it. “I think this will also test our ability to read people too, and not just their habits.”</COLOR><i></i>

Her smile widened at the thought of possibly winning this little competition.<COLOR color="#408000"> “I also think it will make it more challenging, because we’ll be pushed to find more people in the same amount of time... I do like a challenge.” She said. Her reserved smile returning. <B>“Besides, it sounds like you've done this before. Shouldn't be too hard to follow a rule like this against a beginner like me, right?”

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
</COLOR>
LOLZaku-1.jpg
<COLOR color="#408040">
I huffed out a breath and shook my head. "Illegal Ishmeagal!" I commented loudly with a goofy grin. Honestly I was trying to persuade her along because of the moment. How awkward would it be if she didn't accompany me. Hi there, want some food? Let's go steal money! Talk about an awkward turtle. I put on a sympathetic face, one that signified looking for a friend. Which in all seriousness wasn't to far from the truth. I had made some bad choices back in primary school and paid the price in the form of alienation. In fact that was one of the contributing factors to me choosing the ninja academy instead of just running away. At least in the academy I would have a purpose and people would value me for it.

But thankfully, her expression changed to that of a determined one. "More interesting?" I questioned, a quizzitive look crossing my face looking for some explanation. Just what did she have in mind? As she began, I couldn't help but frown a little myself. Giving the money away was never part of my plan, and I just didn't like it very much. Plus people with no money valued it alot more, and usually were more aware when hands went into their pocket. It would definitely be a challenge! "All right, I can dig it!" I commented with a smile after she mentioned that it would help us read people. A very astute statement that I hadn't thought of before. Most likely just her goody two shoes attitude coming to justify the activity.

She likes a challenge... I LOVE a challenge! "Well you are one then Kahako! And please, you can add all the rules you want! I ain't gonna lose to you! Not in this." I spouted in a challenging tone, far exxagerating my abilities. Even when I had done this last year I wasn't one of the best until I had picked up on little tricks from watching others. Oh! That's right. "Oh yea Kahako-chan, I figure we go at the same time? Since we are both honorable shinobi we can trust each other in the name of a fair competition yes?" I smiled, wondering how she had perceived we would be competing.

HeyThereZaku-1.jpg

<i></i>

Shinrya Kahako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
((OOC: The best way I can describe her general facial expression is to look at my avatar, so no amazing, limitless faces this time around XD))

She was glad Zaku accepted her new rule. For a moment there, she thought he was going to turn her down. That would have been disappointing because she wouldn’t have been able to give it her all in the competition. She wouldn’t have enjoyed the experience at all, really. Kahako gave her usual reserved smile, but the determination was still there. His challenging tone only fired her up more on the inside.

She was going to have fun with this boy. He seemed to enjoy a good challenge as much as she did. “We’ll see how well you do, Zaku. I may be a beginner, but there’s always beginner’s luck. And you never know… what if I’m a natural?” She couldn’t help responding to his challenging tone with one in her own way. It was as if it sparked the fire under her that she needed to forget about the implications of what they were about to do. She loved the fact that she found someone who wouldn’t back down from a challenge like she would. She had met a few people in Kumo so far, but there had been no chance for her to test herself against them in anything.

Kahako listened as he asked her about how they were going to go about their contest. “Sure, let's go at the same time. Besides, what’s the point of a challenge if one makes it easy on themselves by cheating?” She allowed her arms to fall to the side. “We’ll pickpocket until the sun reaches the horizon. Then we’ll meet back here at this post and count our earnings together. No tricks, no rule-breaking. Ready?” She looked at him one last time. She wasn’t going to lose this without a serious fight. He better be ready. She might not have grown up in a shinobi household, but you shouldn’t underestimate the power of a merchant’s daughter.

((OOC: Question, how is the concept of time going to work? o.o Very new to this.))

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
</COLOR>
OverconfidentZaku-1.jpg
<COLOR color="#408040">
Ha! Beginner's luck. What a joke. There was no way I was going to let this female win. Now things were going to get interesting! "Oh sure, guess we'll see about that!" I taunted confidently. It was in her eyes, that sense of fire that drove me to do my best. Perhaps we were the same that way. I did best when pitted against someone else just like this. "Good plan! Let's stick to that plan and we will see just who is the better!" I smiled deviously as she looked my way. There was no way I could expect what she would put forward so I would try my hardest to accomplish the task. "Well let's go!" I cheered, putting my glasses on and running off nearby into the market area.

[Sorry it's short, time will go until we say so, I figure one or two posts each then we call it a day. you start us off?]

LikeaBossZaku-1.jpg

<i></i>

Shinrya Kahako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kahako watched Zaku put on a pair of sunglasses. ‘Where did he get those?’ she thought as she ran in a different direction. “If he gets caught, people wouldn’t know who he was.” She grumbled to herself. She didn’t stay on the topic for long, she had a competition to win! She slowed into a casual walk, searching around for targets while nonchalantly looking at all of the shops. Merchants were constantly keeping eyes on their goods inside the stores. It would be a bad idea to pick people in there, so she decided to stay outside, and pick off the people near market stalls.

She saw a potential standing near a flower stand; a young man with mousey brown hair and unsure eyes. The outfit he wore, however, was of fine quality to a merchant’s eye, but not of higher class. He was bent over, as if unsure what he wanted to buy. If she was trying to sell something to him, it was a common tactic among shrewd traders to show people like him the most overpriced item, beef it up, and have him leave none the wiser. Her heart sped up at the thought of what she was going to do.

She proceeded to walk up to the man, looking at the flowers with a mild disinterest. Finally, she sent a reserved smile his way, “Looking for a lover?” she asked. The man jumped slightly stammering his protests as if he were a child caught with his hand in the cookie jar. She gave a small smirk and pointed at a flower that wasn’t usually as expensive as others. “Pick that one, and only get one. They usually symbolize promises. A single flower for a single promise.” She said gently, turning her head back to the flowers. As she watched him buy the flower she suggested, she took note of what pocket he pulled his wallet from. An exchange of coin and a wrapped flower later, she knew what pocket his wallet nestled. He turned to thank her and walked down the street, his attention on the flower now in his hand. Now was her chance.

With a smile to the flower vendor, she began walking down the street to follow him. The feeling of guilt rose from her as she approached. He seemed so appreciative towards her help; what if he bought chocolates for the person that flower was for? ‘No! Eyes on the prize, Kahako.’ She reached for his pocket. He was too entranced with his gift, he didn’t notice the small hand enter his pocket. Nor the small tug as she fumbled with his wallet. She retrieved the item though, pulling back from him. Heart pounding, she quickly pulled the money from his wallet and walked over to the nearest rubbish bin. She trashed the empty wallet to get rid of the evidence and pocketed the money.

‘I did it!’ She thought with glee. Not only did she successfully pickpocket someone, but it was a nice amount of money too! Her smile broke as she turned her body, nerves tingling as she looked for her next target. Only to turn and see a four-year-old staring at her from across the street, holding her mother’s hand. “Mommy, why did that girl take the man’s wallet?”

‘Oh no….’

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
</COLOR>
LikeaBossZaku-1.jpg
<COLOR color="#408040">
As she ran off I turned to look at my own options in the area. "Ok Zaku, get focused, time to beat her and look good doing it." I told myself. There were some people at the dumpling place that seemed to be good candidates, but I wanted to challenge myself in a way. Just who might be challenging? I could try to get two targets at once, but that would be hard without causing some kind of mayhem. But wait, we never said mayhem wasn't against the rules. A devious plan began to unfold in my head. A ran off to a nearby alley to prepare the mechanism that would act as my distraction.

A few minutes later, I came back out with a kunai which had an explosive tag attached to it. Tying off some ninja wire I made my way over to a light pole near the center of the plaza. Tossing it up discreetly, I activated the tag with chakra via the wire and tied it off so the thing would ignite in mid air. I had set it for a long while so I could set up phase two. I just had to acquire my position for phase two. Since the explosion would essentially cause a scramble, I just needed to place myself in a spot where people would run to. I predicted that most would make way to buildings for shelter or just outright flee the area through the main streets. The poorest would probably retreat to their homes in the alleys. So the streets probably would be a random mix of possible income. So I took my position near the largest building, where I assumed the most to flee. Now to wait.

In the time I was awaiting my tag to blow, I began looking to those nearest to me, trying to figure out where their money was situated. Based on bulging pockets, purses, coats, I judged whom I would get first. But then something occurred to me. How would I give the money back like Kahako wanted if all the people were out of the area. Course, I could always just keep the money, lose the bet and pay for the food. Raiden knows I could afford it. Guess that settled it because the explosion was ear ringing. The screams and shouts of little kids sensitive ears and the alarm of everyone else sent people into a frenzy. Chaos would quite predictable. My targets came straight to where I would be. Just as I planned, I weaved in and out of people, my hand slipping into pockets and purses for money pouches. In my route, I even had time to snag an apple from a grocery bag and start eating it. In a hurry I climbed my way to the roofs to relax while the rest of the crowd finished with their escape. I also needed to watch for any ninja arriving to investiagte, for they would make things difficult. I wondered how Kahako would fair with my little incident...

<i></i>

Shinrya Kahako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
There was one little difference between a child getting in trouble and explosions. The little thief got your attention. An explosion got all your attention. So when a distinctive BANG sound erupted from the plaza, every eyeball on Kahako swiveled like a desk chair in that direction, including hers. There was silence in the street as the bystanders heard the panic in the distance. Many began hurrying away from the plaza’s center, others moved to the safety of side stores.

Kahako began to follow one couple into the closest shop, when a sudden thought occurred to her. ‘Zaku was last in that area!’ Her head turn around once again. If it was a legitimate threat, then there would be ninja there immediately to inspect the scene. They would find him safe and sound, and hopefully the person who created the chaos. ‘But… why would they attack the plaza?’ She began walking down the street cautiously. Most people were hurrying away from the epicenter that was surely currently in chaos, no one noticing a short thirteen-year-old girl walking towards it. “Zaku?” She called out loudly, worry lightly laced in her voice, and competition momentarily forgotten. If anything had happened to him, it would partially have been her fault. She stuck to the side street she came from, afraid to enter the center of the plaza. “Great, Kahako. You finally make a friend, and then your actions throw him into a wave of danger. Way. To. Go.” She mumbled to herself angrily as her head peaked around the corner. If anything happened to him, she wouldn’t have been able to forgive herself.

The center was pretty clear of people, most of them looking around from the edges warily just like she was. She was trying hard to keep a grip on the worry in her voice, but lack of spikey, blonde only fueled her worry more. “No burning bodies… That’s good right? Zaku!” She called out, raising her voice when speaking his name.
Worry.jpg

((OOC: sorry for the shortness. I'm tired, so the creative juices aren't flowing so well.))

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
</COLOR>
LikeaBossZaku-1.jpg
<COLOR color="#408040">
Some time later I heard a familiar voice calling my name. "Eh?" I said looking down to find just who was calling my name. Oh crap. Kahako had coming looking for me after the incident. If I said anything now, my position on the roof would have surely caused some concern. So instead, I would cause her a bit more worry to save my skin. Jumping back from view, I leaped down the 2 stories, cushioning my landing with chakra and quickly made my way over. I wasn't sure if she had heard me, but if she didn't I had a small little surprise for her. Taking a hold of half the money I earned, I prepared to slip it into her pocket when I attempted to 'frighten' her. Who better to reverse pickpocket than your very own opponent you are trying to beat. Of course, if she noticed then I would be screwed, but it was worth the chance to gloat. So as I approached her from behind, my hand covered her mouth and I whispered surprise behind her ear in a breathy voice, as to potentially tickle her nerves. My other hand attempted to slip the money inside of her loosest pocket.

[I was going to continue the post, but it really depends if you catch me or not, remember, short posts are not bad posts! Some times short posts are needed.]

<i></i>

Shinrya Kahako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Just as she was deciding to head over to the dumpling stall in desperate hopes that Zaku would be there, she felt a hand slip over her mouth. It stopped her cautious movement forward. She felt her assailant’s body warmth through her back, and the breathy ‘surprise’ caused her body to stiffen. The tickling feeling of breath against her ear caused a full blush to cover her face, trailing down her neck and ears. It was a full two seconds before her brain reconnected with reality. There had been an explosion in the area, and there was a stranger behind her. The events from earlier in the week still bothered Kahako, and she was still adjusting from the fear-inducing, flighty experience.

After the pause and blush adventure her mind kicked back into gear, and she fell to the simple self-defense lessons that her parents forced her to learn. She grabbed her assailant’s wrist with one hand, the other under his upper arm, and pulled the person as hard as she could around her side. She twisted her body in the same direction as she was pulling to allow a longer flow to the move. The general goal was to drag the opponent to the ground, but there were many issues with her form. Due to the close space, the grab on his upper arm was awkward, and the person behind her was both taller and heavier that she was prepared for. Both threw her off balance slightly as she pulled with all her strength. It wasn’t until a split second later that she realized the voice behind her was actually Zaku’s and by then she couldn’t pull out of what she was about to do. Either he was going to end up on the ground, or he was going to be able to counter what she was trying to accomplish.
reaction.jpg

((OOC: Okay, I'll keep that in mind. My worry is that I don't describe enough, making my writing appear flat. ^^;))

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back