Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

My Greatest Tryck in the Book. [PERMA TRYCK'D]

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Now like I said in the Sand General Discussion, I'm going to make myself break my one rule. Actually I'm going to play a game, and so are you. That's the point you know? Look at you go. Reading this. I like you. I like you alot. That's why, precious, we're going to play this game. You see... people like listening to voices, and boy do I have a voice for you.

Kekeke. I'm about. I'm moving about. I'm in stealth. I'm a better ninja than you'll ever be. Wait. Ninja? am I a ninja? Or am I something better? Something more. So. I'm passing by on this street. Oh. A lovely little shop. What's new? I can't really say. It's an antique shop. Oh. Idea.
*tingle tingle*​

Within said antique shop an item was placed outside for view. A simple lamp. The owner would pass by the lamp. Noticing this new item, the owner would turn on the lamp. Upon turning on the lamp a loud obnoxious voice was heard. "MY GOSH WHAT A WORLD. WHERE AM I? OH. HERE I AM. YES THAT SHOP KEEPER. OH BOY HE IS THINKING ABOUT CLOSING SHOP EARLY. I WOULD TOO BECAUSE HE HAS HAD LIKE NO VISITORS." The voice would cry out. Upon hearing this the Shopkeeper would look up from his desk. "HEY KIDS, HE'S LOOKING UP FROM HIS DESK. HE IS LOOKING AROUND NOW, AND NOW HE IS WONDERING WHO IS TALKING TO HIM. OH MY GOSH. LIKE SERIOUSLY THAT VACANT LOOK ON HIS FACE IT'S TERRIBLE. HE HAS NO CLUE WHAT IS GOING ON. OH LOOK HE RAISED AN EYEBROW.... AND ... OH BOY. WHAT A STINK HE JUST MADE. URGH. WHAT A STINK. HELP ME MOTHER SUNA, HELP ME NOW. INFACT, SOMEONE ELSE OUT THERE. YOU SHOULD HELP ME. HELP ME RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW."

(So yes, my precious, I've got left something in here, but while I know you can see what it is in question, I'd very much like for you to play-a-long, you know like Lamb-chops play-a-long.)

Yen
ASP
Deaths
A strange but eerie wind seemed to be shifting its way through the village, however the stranger bit to this was the fact that there was a wind blowing. Perhaps this was what caught his attention more so than anything. Considering their living conditions it wasn't normal to feel such a natural force when you were underground. This eerie wind carried a myriad of sounds trickling off from the distance. It was the sound of shouting very quite odd as it seemed just a series of hysterical phrases coupled with cries for help. The curiosity of Bruinetto had been piqued by the sheer abnormality of what was crossing his ears. Considering the cries for help the altruistic side that lingered in him due to his duties to civilians as a shinobi brought about a call for action as he would pursue the origin of these sounds.

Leaping onto the rooftops the boy swiftly hopped from roof to roof traversing large distances in a single bound with each hop. The force of his movement blowing his hair back due to the opposing forces generated from it. His eyes carefully scanning the pathways ahead looking for some sign of distress. Surely if he could have heard this from so far away it would have attracted others? Despite the potential danger the natural curiosity of others and potential nosy civilians would approach the situation wondering just what in the world was happening. Much like he thought there was a small crowd of onlookers gazing over to a small antique shop. It didn't seem like there was any kind of immediate danger, but looks could also be quite deceiving in the kind of world he lived in. Something would catch his eye as it was what had garnered the attention of the villagers.

A strange antique which looked like a lamp was the cause of all this commotion. The onlookers stared in awe at it as if it had done something amazing and unbelievable. Tilting his head he kept his distance attempting to analyze the situation at hand. There was no need to go rushing into a situation if there was no actual danger to be seen at the moment. Perhaps this was some kind of show or stunt being performed by the antique shop as a form of advertisement for his business? Such theatrics would certainly get people to talk about his establishment if that was the case. Looking over towards who Bruinetto would presume was the shop keep he too seemed distraught over the appearance of this lamp. Was he just playing a part in this? Or were these feelings genuine? Considering his body language he was either an expert actor, or was truly bewildered and confused by what was before him.

Randamu Kyarakuta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Hmph hmph hmph"

He made the sound of one who had been running quite a distance, as he jogged through the streets in an brisk fashion. He had been running through Sunagakure as part of his regular training ritual when a foul wind blew past him. It didn't feel right, not because he was in an enclosed space where wind wasn't likely to blow, but because it had a feeling behind it, something that didn't fit the air around him. This was confirmed by the sword strapped to his side shaking, not physically but on the inside. He had a semi-formed bond with his ancestral weapon, and it often times reacted to changes or to him if he was the cause. Going so far as to make him feel pain when it's struck as if it say it hurts. His curiosity piqued, he would run against the air current and then pick up an audial que.

Turning the corner he saw a small gathering of town folk around a small shop. He couldn't get a good look from his vantage point as he was blocked by civilian bodies. The man yelling was overty loud though and needed to be shut down. He was after all, disturbing the peace, and even though Homura was off duty, he was still a ninja. So he approached the crowd and parted them with purpose, moving himself up to the front of the small group with the intent to get the shop keep to call it quits on all the yelling. When he approached the front of the store the man there looked bewildered, and a look of confusion took over his face. Turning to the crowd he noticed they were all staring at a lamp. So it was time to get answers, as to why this shop was disturbing the peace.

"Excuse me sir, I'm going to need you to keep it down, you're disturbing the peace and obstructing the walk ways, if you would be so kind as to turn this contraption off..." he said gesturing to the noisey item, assuming there was some speaker or something in it. Assuming, like Bruinetto in the shadows, that it was some publicity stunt and the shop owner was acting. Though obviously new at his job, didn't bother to hang back and see how things played out before he intervened. He saw a chance to do a civil service, unaware that there might be something afoot, even ignoring the ill feeling his companion weapon was having and passing it off as it being fidgety. He hadn't quite learned the swords language in terms of actions and emotions yet, so he often misinterpreted it.

[MFT: 447 WC]

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
WHERE WAS I? WAS I TELLING A STORY? OH. DUDE. I FORGOT. SO YES. ONE HANDSOME DEVIL COMES DOWN TO THE QUESTIONABLE SHOP. HE HEARS THE SOUNDS OF SCREAMS AND SHOUT, AND HE THINKS, DUDE WE HAVE TO GO HAVE A LOOK AT THIS BECAUSE I LIKE ANY MAN OF SCIENCE AM DRIVEN BY THIS THING WE CALL CUROSITY. YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY ABOUT CUROSITY? I THINK, I THINK... THEY SAY IT KILLED A FELINE, YES QUITE MHM A FELINE. SO HERE COMES OUR MAN OF SCIENCE, ACROSS THE ROOF TOPS. UP THE ROOF TOPS , HERE HE COMES, GOOD OLE ... WAIT, HE AIN'T OLD. HE'S YOUNG. LET'S TRY THAT AGAIN, WITH MORE FEELING.

UP ON THE ROOFTOPS GLIDING BY, HERE COMES OUR YOUNG MAN OF SCIENCE.
DADADA TATA TA TA TA! I CAN'T THINK OF ANYTHING THAT RHYMES WITH SCIENCE.
WELL WAIT, THERE IS RELIANCE, BUT OH FORGET IT.​

OH HEY. PEOPLE ARE LOOKING UP NOW. RIGHT AT OUR MAN OF SCIENCE. SOME OF THEM ARE PONDERING. IS HE BEHIND THIS? OH GOSH. HE MIGHT BE SOME OF THEM THINK, BECAUSE I'VE POINTED THE FIND AT HIM. OH BOY. I CAN FEEL THEIR SUSPICIONS IN HIM RISE UP LIKE THE TITANIC FROM THE OCEAN. WELL, LET'S BE HONEST THAT NEVER HAPPENED. IT COULD, AND MAYBE IF WE USED OUR IMINGINATIONS IT MIGHT. SO SUE ME. THE IDEA ISN'T ORIGINAL. LISTEN BUCKO. YOU STANDING SO FAR AWAY, IT'S NOT DOING YOU ANY FAVOURS PAL, SO JUST COME ON DOWN. HIS NARRATOR SEEMS TO THINK THAT ME TALKING IS TRYING TO DRAW BUSINESS . IS IT? TELL ME IS IT?

"No. People are staring and making me feel comfortable." SAYS THE SHOP KEEPER. OH YEAH. HE'S SCRATCHING HIS HEAD AGAIN. WAIT. BUCKOS. HOLD THE PHONE. A NEW GUY IS IN TOWN, HE'S SO MUCH AS LIKE COME ON INTO THE STORE. HE'S TELLING THE SHOPKEEPER THAT PEACE IS BEING DISTURBED. OH MAI. HE'S TELLING HIM TO TURN OFF THE CONTRAPTION. WAIT. I'M NOT IN THAT THING. AM I? OH BOY. IF I AM, MY LIFE SUCKS. YOU KNOW MAYBE THE SHOP KEEPER IS ACTUALLY A VENTROLOQUIST. YEAH. LET'S PUT THAT IDEA IN EVERYONE'S HEAD. RIGHT NOW. YEP. I AM DISPATCHING A TEAM OF SPECAILISTS TO ENTER YOUR MINDS AND IMPLANT AN IDEA, WHICH IS THE MOST DANGEROUS DISEASE EVER. IT IS PENETRATING YOUR MIND. IT IS IN YOUR MIND. IT IS NOW OCCUPYING YOUR VERY THOUGHTS. YEP. I AM THAT GOOD. WHAT'S HIS NAME? THIS NEW GUY? ... ... ... OH. IS IT HOMURA? FANTASTIC. HOMURA. LADIES AND GENTLEMEN. WE HAVE A HERO. HIS NAME IS HOMURA, UNLIKE ... SCIENCE GUY, HE HAS THE GALL TO TALK TO THE SHOP KEEPER WHO IS NOW HOLDING HIS HEAD WITH BOTH OF HIS HANDS. "Are you guys thinking what he said earlier? About putting an idea in our heads? That's really creepy." SAYS THE SHOP KEEPER.

HEY.HEY HOMURA. CAN YOU THREATEN THE SHOPKEEPER WITH YOUR ANCESTRAL SWORD? THAT POSSIBLY CANNOT BE A BAD IDEA. I MEAN HEY, IT'S MAKE THIS TOPIC EVER BETTER. I'M DOING IT NOW. I AM HAVING A TEAM OF MINE, INFILITRATE YOUR DREAMS, TO AMP THIS TOPIC WITH BY HAVING YOU THREATEN THE SHOP KEEPER WITH A SWORD. DO IT. DO IT. DO IT NOW.

(Precious, I thought more people were coming, but hey... they're still welcome to join in. I'll leave the voice of Gilbert Gottfried here. I had to pay him by the hour, and that is costing me plenty.)

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
No matter their station in life, every woman enjoyed to window-shop at least once and awhile. As per any day in the vaulted city, the weather was perceived as beautiful and the streets were abuzz with traffic wandering to and fro between shops. A turquoise haired med-nin and her fox companion sat outside a café, sipping on blended teas and nibbling on pastries. Her usual attire held a tad more sparkle today as her capris seemed to be threaded with gold. Her aqua halter-top was held up with a gold hoop around her neck and little glass bead dangled from the hem across her mid-rift to catch the light. On her feet she wore sand coloured slippers, an unusual sight for the woman however in such company as was common in the Golden Crystal District it seemed only customary to wear proper shoes. Small gold hoops encircled her earlobe, framed by her hair that was pinned back behind her ears and hung down her back, bangs pinned out of her eyes with a golden barrette.

In an instant, the heavenly day was shattered as an unworldly voice could be heard screeching from across the way, heckling a poor shop-keep and the crowd that was forming around him. Dropping the dainty that was in her hand, Yume’s palms would cover her ears to stop them from ringing as her heightened sense of hearing would be assaulted. At her feet, her fox would be doing likewise, tail in the air and paws over his ears with his chin on the ground.

What is that infernal sound?

I don’t know. It seems to be coming from that antique shop. I want to go see but it hurts so much

Keeping one hand pressed to her ear, she releases one and scrunches her shoulder up in an attempt to prohibit the noise from entering her ear, only succeeding in partially muffling the sound. Taking a chunk of gauze from her hip pouch, she would ball it up into plugs, stuffing one in each ear and then doing likewise for CuRua. It wasn’t enough to make her go deaf but it was enough to buffer the affront to her senses. Standing, she would make her way carefully towards the hubbub to investigate. The air held a foul odour and the closer she got, the more she wished she had nose plugs to go with her hearing aids (as lessening sound was, in fact, and aid to her at this time). Shoving her way politely through the crowd, she would stand next to the other individual who had come forth and was asking the store owner to cease and desist. The look on the man's face told the shinobi all she needed to know: He was as in the dark with this whole scenario as they were. Creating a few quick hand seals, she would place a silencing genjutsu around the three of them in an attempt to stop further attention from being drawn. The suggestion of escalated violence sent an ice water chill through Yume's veins. This Homura boy wouldn't actually listen, would he?

Have you thought that perhaps he can't turn the contraption off? I would think that if he could, he would have by this point. Such antics are frowned upon in the upper classes of Suna. Doing this as a publicity stunt could cripple his business. Shopkeeper sir... You seem distressed. How may I assist you?

It took a small amount of effort for Yume not to address the lamp directly. While it seemed to be speaking to those around it with some level of sentience, it just didn't add up in her mind. Lamps couldn't talk and therefore this must be some bad joke put on the businessman by an ill-humoured sod.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It seems in this instance that Bruinetto was the only one who was preferring to stay back and blend into the ground instead of brazenly entering the situation. There was not one, but two who waltzed up to the shop keeper and attempting to deal with the situation in their own manner. What was the strangest thing however, was the words being broadcast out by this lamp. While it did not mention him specifically by name, by the phrases that he used it was clear he was talking about him. Unless, there just happened to be another scientific mind who had approached this scenario over the rooftops. Now, he could be referring to somebody of the likes of Tama-kun or the Steward Kazekage-sama. Glancing over the surroundings he would see not one iota of their presences. "How is this lamp aware of my presence? It knows details about myself, that I have not specifically mentioned outright. There is nothing obvious about my presence which should be able to denote such a thing." After all it wasn't like he paraded around in a lab coat, fancy goggles, safety gloves, and perhaps a graduated cylinder or beaker. Bruinetto was carefully listening to ever cryptic word muttered by the lamp and looking for clues hidden in the ambiguity attempting to come to a quick hypothesis. "If this entity can boast that it is capable of penetrating ones mind and inserting an idea to force an action. It wouldn't be much of a stretch to think that it was capable of entering a mind and extracting an idea. Such a technique though, seems farfetched to exist in the type of form." Even with his limited knowledge of different shinobi clans he has heard of mind infiltration techniques from the Yamanaka clan famous in Konohagakure and some used by ANBU which utilized physical contact first. Such an intricate technique would have to be projected mentally then without a physical contact and have some aspects of an illusion? Were they all too busy listening to the insane rambling of this lamp that even he didn't consider the idea of an auditory induced genjutsu?

Suddenly, the sounds of the lamp were becoming "muffled" as the woman who approached the situation must have cast a technique of her own. Doing what she could in order to force away the attention and prying eyes of the lamp and doing damage control. With her calm demeanor on how she approached the situation, it made Bruinetto deduce that she was the more experienced shinobi of the two who approached the shop owner and the lamp. Bruinetto was still on his guard, and not entirely willing to get close to this lamp so easily. If this lamp was showing capabilities of telepathy and being self aware, there was a potential danger from drawing near it. This was where the young Uchiha would attempt to gather more information through his observations as his eyes would widen as his Sharingan would flicker into existence. His analytical eyes would focus on the lamp attempting to discern whether he could see a chakra signature that lurked within along with it projecting chakra. All the while his eyes casually glancing at those around paying attention to the circulation of their chakras. If there was a genjutsu being cast by the lamp or it was infiltrating their chakra with some unknown technique surely some trace of it could be spotted. Just what would his eyes pick up through careful observation of the surroundings?

[MFT]
WC: 584

Randamu Kyarakuta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Are you guys thinking what he said earlier? About putting an idea in our heads? That's really creepy."

He looked confused, turning to what he assumed was the voices location. Did it just ask him to threaten someone with his sword. He reach for it, almost as if on auto-pilot but when he touched his sword a sharp pain shot through his arm. The sword would have none of it, and it caused him to release it. It was like thors hammer in that regard, it didn't agree with the decision and as such refused him access.

"Oh you mother f-" and suddenly everything got quieter. He looked around to see someone approach him. She was pretty for certain, a stark contrast of his less kempt dirtier ronin-garb, loose hanging robe with a belt to tie it all together, his sword dangling from the belt in its ornate sheath.

Have you thought that perhaps he can't turn the contraption off? I would think that if he could, he would have by this point. Such antics are frowned upon in the upper classes of Suna. Doing this as a publicity stunt could cripple his business. Shopkeeper sir... You seem distressed. How may I assist you?

"I had just considered that yes." he lied through his teeth, she was abrasive toward him and so he couldn't give ground. She would speak to the shop keep however, as if either of them could really do anything if they couldn't find the source of the noise. He reach into his robe and pulled a flask out, it was crappy but it worked. Popping the top off, he took a swig and stared at the lamp some more thinking to himself. "If I was a huge douche pretending to be a talking lamp, where would I be? He seems like someone who can hear thoughts, so can you hear these ones you too!? Rubber ninja rumpus busters!"<i></i> he snickered to himself, like he was laughing at an inside joke he remembered.

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
SO YOUR SWORD WON'T LET YOU HURT THAT MAN? YOUR SWORD SERIOUSLY NEEDS TO LIGHT UP BUCKO.COME ON ANCESTORAL SWORD. TALK TO ME. TALK TO ME. COME ON. DO IT. DO IT NOW. COME NOW. BE HONEST. YOU TOTALLY WANTED TO HURT SOMEONE. YOU SAID SO IN YOUR MIND'S EYE. YES. YES. YOU KEEP THINKING, AND I'LL KEEP TALKING. I COULDN'T AGREE MORE WITH THE SWORD WEILDING MAN AND HIS RUBBER NINJA RUMPUS BUSTERS. OHOHO. WHERE CAN I BUY THOSE YOU MUST TELL ME! CAN I GET THEM AT WAL-MART? CAN I? SPEAKING OF LYING TROUGH THE TEETH, LOOK AT HOMURA'S TEETH. THEY BE SPARKLY WHITES? ... ARE THEY? THEY MUST BE. AFTER ALL ... EVERYONE IS PERFECT. EVEN THAT GUY ON THE ROOF. WHAT'S HIS NAME? ... ... ... YES YOU. ON THE ROOF. THAT GUY. HE'S TRYING TO BE ALL BATMAN LIKE. SOMEONE CONFIRM HIS NAME. ... ... ... JEEENNNOOSAAAIIIDOOOEEE? BRRRRUUUUIIINNNEEETTTOOO? ... DUDE. BURIETTO. CAN I CALL HIM THAT ...? ... ... ... ... NO? .... ... ... OKAY. i HAVE BEEN TOLD BY MORGAN FREEMEN THAT I HAVE TO CALL HIM BY HIS PROPER NAME. THAT IS ... FINE I GUESS. HEY BRUIN, COME ON DOWN, YOU'RE THE NEXT VICTIM ON THE PRICE IS WRONG, BOB. YES ... ... YES I KNOW NO ONE LIKE ADAM SANDLER MOVIES ... ... NO I KNOW THAT. SHUT UP MORGAN. YOU'RE NOT NARRATING THIS, I AM.

SO. IN AN ATTEMPT TO SILENCE ME. YUME, THAT FOXY INUZUKA LASS CASTED A SILENING GENJUTSU. AND BECAUSE I JUST SAID THAT EVERYONE IS STARING AT HER. EVERYONE. YES. STARE. STARE AT THAT GIRL. GIVE HER A GOOD OLE FASHION STARE DOWN ... ... ... OOOPS ... ... ... I BLINKED. HEY. HEY YUME. ADDRESS ME. ADDRESS ME. YOU CAN CALL ME ... MR. LAMPY GOODNESS. THAT'S RIGHT MR. LAMPY GOODNESS. ACKNOWLEDGE ME. LOVE ME.

... ... DUDE THAT BRUIN IS ON THE ROOF TOP. HE IS ANALYZING MY GENERAL AREA. YES. YOU DO THAT. DO IT. FIGURE ME OUT. I LIKE ... I DOUBLE DARE YOU, NO I TRIPLE DARE YOU. COME AT ME BRO. "Who is this Bruin guy he keeps mentioning?" THE SHOP KEEPER WOULD SAY. AS IF HE REALLY HAD ANYTHING IMPORTANT TO SAY. I MEAN COME ON. HE'S BORING. BACK TO BRUIN. YES. THINK MAN THINK. YOU'RE THINKING ABOUT MY INCEPTION REFERENCE. YES. DO IT. THINK ABOUT IT MORE. THINK ABOUT THE YAMANAKA CLAN FROM LEAF. OH BOY. HAS HE EVER MISSED THE BOAT. BUT HEY, HE JUST THOUGHT OF SOMETHING. YEAH. WOULDN'T IT BE TOTALLY COOL IF I COULD LIKE TAKE IDEAS OUT OF YOUR HEADS. BUT THERE ISN'T MUCH TO TAKE I'M AFRAID. THAT HOMURA GUY, THERE IS A HIGH POSSIBILITY HE MAY HAVE ROCKS IN HIS HEAD. NOW IN THE CASE OF YUME, SHE MIGHT HAVE SOMETHING WORTH TAKING. BRUIN TOO FOR THAT MATTER.

HOMURA. TAKE OUT YOUR WEAPON AGAIN, OR IS IT LIKE EL'DRUIN FROM ANOTHER DIMENSION? LIKE YOUR SWORD. IF THINGS ARE TRULY JUST, THEN ... IT CAN DO LIKE NO HARM? IS THAT THE CASE? HEY LET ME ASK YOUR SWORD DIRECTLY INSTEAD. HEY. SWORD. SWORD. YES YOU. ARE YOU LIKE EL'DRUIN?

WELL. TIME WILL TELL. AND SO THE PARTY OF ... BRAIN PERSON ON THE ROOF CALLED BRUIN, MEDICAL GIRL CALLED YUME, AND SWORD-SWORD MAN CALLED HOMURA CONTINUED TO TRY AND FIGURE ME OUT WHILE THE SHOPKEEPER MERELY SCRATCHED HIS HEAD, AND THOUGH ABOUT PICIKING HIS NOSE. ONCE I REVEALED THAT HE SIGHED AND PROCEEDED TO GET EMBARASSED.

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Firstly, Rubber ninja rumpus busters? Right… and secondly, for the sake of Mother Suna and all that is holy could you PLEASE shut your… chimney, Mr. Lampy Goodness. I need to think and you are frightfully distracting.

What’s worse is that if you think that you can out attention-whore a female, you are sadly and sorely mistaken. What’s worse is if you think you can also out talk a female. I might not be the most conversative individual but I am in full capability of continuing to talk over an annoying object such as yourself.

Why on earth am I talking to a lamp? I’m pretty sure this is what going mad feels like. I’m talking to a lamp… I’m arguing with a lamp. Gracious Sandworms! Why are we even still paying attention to it? It’s like an undisciplined child! Could we just ignore it and walk away or would it continue to talk? Mr. Shopkeep… please place him… it … that. Place the lamp on the ground. I wish to look down upon it.

Taking a breath, the Inuzuka would look around in an attempt to identify this ‘Bruin’ character that keeps being spoken of. The name Jenosaido strikes a familiar chord as she recalls a boy who was in the academy with her by the name of Kagai. Perhaps they were related? But that was irrelevant. What was relevant was the obnoxious antiquity that betrayed no only their every thought but assaulted their sanity. It was beyond her knowledge of any known jutsu or bloodline to exhibit traits of presumably perfect mind-reading. It had managed to read her thoughts clearly and by how it spoke to the other(s?), it appeared to have done the same to them. Could it be possible that the object was sentient? Or was there an ability unknown to her that could create the illusion of omniscience?

Venturing forward, CuRua would sniff at the object with curiosity, not sure if he wanted to leave it alone, bury it in a far away cavern, or pee on it.

((OOC: So we're all on the same page, is this what we're looking at? >link<))

Randamu Kyarakuta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He stood there and watched Yume spaz at a lamp. It's true, there was a sense of madness about the whole ordeal. While it rambled on, he just stared at the lamp trying to focus and drown out all the noise. Since Yume arrived it had grown exponentially, and as such was overloading his audial senses. Having had enough, he turned and walked away. His sword vibrated at his hip, as if it was trying to escape the sheath as even it had enough. Yume had the shop keep put the lantern on the ground and as the animal companion she had, smelled it, he would walk down the block. Turning and facing the crowd he yelled down as he rushed the lantern...

"MOVE"

and took a full run straight at the lantern, kicking it as hard as he could into the air and swiping his fingers from left to right, a ripple of air escaping his immediate area and ripping toward the lantern in an attempt to cut it in half. If the source of the annoyance was coming from this object, breaking it would stop it...or so he hoped.

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
WHY WHY YUME TALKING TO A LAMP? WHAT A GOOD QUESTION. I'LL TELL YOU WHY, BECAUSE I APPARENTLY ATTRACT TOO MUCH ATTENTION. SO. YUME WAS TALKING TO ME. I DIG THAT YEAH. YEAH. THATS RIGHT. SOMEONE DO AS SHE SAYS AND PUT ME DOWN SO THAT PEOPLE CAN TALK TO ME MORE. OH YEAH. I THINK I'M PUSHING HER TO HER LIMITS. SHE STOPPED TALKING TO ME. I THINK SHE HAD TO TAKE A BREATH, AND THEN SHE HAD TO LOOK AROUND TO FIND THAT AWOL DUDE WE CALL BRUIN. HEY. HEY BRUIN. STOP BEING AFK SON, YOU'RE HOLDING THIS UP. SERIOUSLY. LIKE YUME NOW IS LIKE HAVING A HARD THINK. SHE THINK GIRL. THINK. WE LIKE THAT. SHE'S THINKING I'M SENTIENT, YES YOU DO THAT. I LIKE IT. THINK OF ME. DON'T THINK ABOUT ANYTHING ELSE THAT COULD HAVE POSSIBLY GIVEN ME SENTIENCE. THAT IS A BAD THOUGHT GIRL. DON'T DO IT. LIKE. DON'T REALIZE YOU'RE BEING PLAYED HERE BY AN AMUSED SPRITE FIGURE. DO NOT THINK ABOUT IT, BECAUSE CLEARLY HE ISN'T SOMEWHERE LAUGHING AT HOW COMICAL THIS SITUATION IS.

DUDE. I FORGOT ABOUT HOMURA. HE'S WATCHING YUME SPAZ, HE SAID SPAZ. IS THAT WORD STILL IN? IT IS. YOU KNOW WHAT RHYMES WITH WORD? SWORD. WELL. NOT REALLY, BUT THAT SWORD, I GET THE FEELING IT DOESN'T LIKE ME, NOR DOES HOMURA. HE IS LOOKING AT ME. LOOKING AT ME INTENTLY. OH NO. BY THE GODS. BY MOTHER SUNA. DO NOT GO FLYING AT ME BRO. BRO. BRO. BRO. STOP. FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY DON'T FLYING KICK ME. IF YOU DO THAT I'LL BE CANNED AND REPLACED... OH CRAP. NO DAMN YOU TRYKSTER, DAMN YOU! YOU HEAR ME... DAAAAAAAMMMMMNNNNN----

With that the annoying lamp that with it came the voice of Gilbert Gottfried was vanquished shattered into ten thousand pieces, and so I Morgan Freeman have taken over. I know you children didn't like that lamp, but perhaps my calm voice can soothe the people and your troubled hearts. By the grace and love of Mother Suna you are all calming down. Good. That is splendid. Now my good people. Please turn your attention to the remains of the lamp. A rather fierce-some artifact of a morbid sort now sits there. My voice comes out of this foul thing. I assure you this even scares me. This new lamp was pitch black and it had horns coming out of it. What do I call myself? My dear boys and girls, I leave that to you.

Now underneath me if you lift my horrible form is a key. I'm told this key is quite important. Why don't you inspect it? I will continue to narrate our tales until you return me to the Obsdian Palace from where I was stolen. Oh how rude. I was stolen. Do you children know what it is like? It's not nice being stolen.

Right so. The key. Do you children want to pick up this key and go elsewhere with my humble guidance?

Yen
ASP
Deaths
This whole situation was gradually becoming more and more peculiar as time was dragging on. Even as he observed this entire time the whole situation was becoming more perplexing as opposing to him coming any closer to a concise conclusion. The only way that he was going to get any more information in this situation was to leave his state of an observer and become an active player. Jumping down from the rooftop he headed over towards the two who had already taken the initiative of confronting the lamp head on. Stopping just beside the girl, even though he had never met her before the name was something he already knew thanks to the “all knowing” lamp.

“I'd normally introduce myself, but it seems we have indirectly been put onto a first name basis.” This would also include Homura who had been mentioned by name. “Looking over the lamp, there is nothing I can specifically tell about it visually. From what I can tell, there is certainly some kind of chakra present within the lamp. However the nature of this chakra is still very much a mystery to me. It isn't symbolic to the normal type of chakra circulatory system you would see in a person or even an animal. The pressence that lingers inside of it, vaguely reminds me of a what I would see if I were to stare at a bunshin. This could be simple because of me attempting to decipher information while the chakra remains in the lamp, or a consciousness is being projected onto the lamp and somebody is using this lamp as a means of misdirection and is somewhere close by.” His eyes were not able to see all frequencies of chakra, the Sharingan was not so attuned to the sight of chakra that it would be that capable. There would be a need for say a Byakugan in order to potentially see a stream of projected chakra of a specific frequency. Especially the type of frequency that would be necessary for channeling a consciousness from long distance.

“So I guess the question is now, do we follow it's lead?” It was suggesting they lifted it in order to find a key. Just what could happen if they were to follow it's intructions? Bruinetto was the careful sort, and was not going to touch it himself if he could avoid it. With that, the creation of a simple yet tangible bunshin would enable him to do so. It walked closer to the lamp analyzing it carefully as it would slowly lift up the lamp to reveal the key that lay beneath it. Just what would happen as a result of this?

[MFT]
WC: 445

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
What did you say... what do you mean... amused sprite figure.... NO! WAIT!

It was too late. Homura had already destroyed the previous lamp but curiously enough a new one had replaced it; this one more sinister looking than the last. At least the voice was an improvement. Kneeling down next to the shattered remains, she would inspect but not touch, looking up to give the allusive Bruinetto a nod.

He cursed a trickster. I think we’re being played. Both you and he are correct, this has got to be someone or something that is somewhere else and making such a spectacle. Who is the trickster?

She spoke to the lamp once more, partially because it was now a more reasonable voice to speak to and partially because out of everyone standing around it was the only thing that seemed to know what was going on. Glancing over she would see Bruinetto… no, a clone of Bruinetto, gingerly picking up the lamp and revealing a twisted looking key. Without hesitation she would snatch it up and bringing it closer for inspection.

CooRoo… go home. Someone needs to be able to alert Shinji if something goes horribly wrong with this mission. Give us three hours. Tops.

I couldn’t imagine what it’s like to be stolen but I know what it’s like not to have a home. Let’s take you home then. Lead the way, our humble narrator.

Randamu Kyarakuta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He sighed as the lantern was destroyed before his might. Only to be replaced with a scarier looking version. He rested his hand on his blade, expecting something terrible to happen like a unworldly creature to leak out, or a creature hidden in the darkness to swoop in and claim its weapon but none of that happened. At least it's tone had changed to something less ear shattering and allowed for easier thought processes from the group. The curios one would lift the lantern with a bushin while the other grabbed the key. All of it seemed planned, a bit too well.

"Wait, before we go off and blindly follow this thing..."

He said stepping further away from the two of them.

"This all seems a bit too...clean. You, Bruinetto, obviously are a curious scientific type. A kind of person who needs to solve puzzles and have one placed right before his eyes, and oh what eyes they are. You Yume seem quick to act, rash but at the same time also want to figure this whole thing out. I on the other hand, am a simple guy. I just need a good lady and a stiff drink."

He said, his sword giving off a feeling probably equating to 'where are you going with this'.

"So when I broke the device, it changed shape and character. This of course, adds to the mystery of the object and feeds into your need to solve the puzzle. I admit, I was curious at first too. But I have to er on the side of caution here. The first voice, the loud and obnoxious one was loud yes, but you knew what you were getting into. This one however, is more silent and calm...those are the ones you have to look out for. It's a wild guess, but I'm thinking whatever that key unlocks has what it needs, and it's using us to get to it. I suggest we call the ANBU or some other faction of our military force, and have them lock it away in a new dark hole. Or I could take it and go topside, throw it in a sand dune somewhere. Whatever that is, shouldn't be allowed around public." he suggested, hopefully the cool and calm demeanor he used to deliver his thought where well received.

"What do you think lamp?" he snarked a bit at it, grin on his face.

[MFT: 405 WC]

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Now that lad named Bruinetto, he wasn't one for introductions considering my ... predecessor shouted his name a few times. Now the key was taken by Bruinetto's clone. Nothing strange would happen at all. Not at all. Now Bruinetto, that lad, he had to have a think about me. He had quite a good think and he too expressed his thoughts about how I'm mystery. He compares me to a bunshin, a very interesting theory you know? I quite like it, but of course I'm here to tell him ... he's not quite right. He seems to forget the simple fact that I am what I am: a talking lamp. Well. Simple in the fact that my design isn't truly difficult to remanufacture...

Now that Yume, she's a sharp one, she's taken what I said at face value. I like that. She asked me who the Trickster is. Well that's a great question. I myself am left to speculate, but I'll tell you this.... he's a mean little guy, but that's the form he took at the time. He may have many forms. Now that smart girl grabbed the key from Buinetto. She had a look at it. She would find the edges of it quite sharp. Be careful dear, don't cut yourself on that. We don't want that happening, but she is a medic. I might be underestimating her ability, no to be honest, I surely am. I'm a cautious one, and sometimes running before walking can cause some trouble. Yume then spoke to her fox companion CuRua and gave him a very specific set of instructions. Well my dear, I think we'll be done here in three Ninpocohian hours... but that may equate to a longer amount of time. Unfortunate, but that is the case here. Hm. I apologize. That must sound awkward. Forget that I said Ninpochoian hours.

Finally Homura spoke up. He broke my predessor's form. Yes. He did that quite well, and he was fully justified. He being of a street smarts background, he decided to call everything into question. He called it clean, well sure. He did make a mess. I will grant you that. Then he called my very own character into question. That's certainly a thing I didn't think of, but ... well I don't have an answer to that. You could certainly not trust me, but would you be in a better scenario for it? You can certainly call in reinforcements and proceed. You could also take me out and throw into a sand dune that's true. Well. I'll just ... trust in your good judgment.

Throw me out? Return me to the Obsidian Palace? Or go on another adventure.

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The next bit of rambling from the lamp left Yume slightly puzzled. Ninpochoian? It sounded to her like perhaps the lamp was making up a fancy sounding time, like calling 14 days a fortnight. Why couldn’t people just say 14 days, or simply two weeks? It was difficult to keep her wits about her with the lamp being so charming but she took his caution to heart and wrapped the key in a piece of gauze taken from the mini first-aid kit she kept on her hip. Sliding the key into the kit and closing it tight so she wouldn't loose it, she would put her headset on and tune it to Triple Beta.

This is Mednin Sagasu Yume. I am in the Golden Crystal district and a suspected item has been spotted. I will be escorting it and a key found with it to the gates of the Obsidian Palace. I am requesting an escort as soon as possible. I may be travelling with ones Jenosaido Bruinetto and Homura, both of the Main Branch. Please respond.

After the announcement had gone out she would scoop the lamp up into her arms, careful of any sharp edges, and look expectantly at the two men with her. She was planning on taking the item back to the location where it came from whether they joined her or not.

Sunaku Harupia

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Haru let out a soft sigh, observing the crystal tasked with illuminating the underground cavern. A lovely sight...yet still not quite like the true Sun above them. Sometimes he truly missed the scorching, natural heat... though it usually was at times he didn’t quite have anything else to keep his mind busy, as it was today. His parents decided (or rather, his mother convinced the more stubborn half of the marriage) to spend a romantic day together, and without them, there was little to bug him. Though bugging would be nice at this point. New assignments were coming in slow, academy classes were somewhat rare, and he didn’t quite seem to have the jig to create something from the sands. He just felt...meh. So here he was in a Golden District cafe, browsing through the wares... and already seeing that at the very least being from a respected family didn’t skew his perspective on money. That much yen on a coffee...

As he sat there, his headset was casually dangling on his neck, some static silently buzzing. Communication was key after all, and besides, he had a faint hope there would be some kind of...well, he wasn’t sure what, but something that would require assistance. And in general sometimes you could hear some amusing chatter if you tuned into a good frequency, but that was something you had to toy with. As he sat quietly, the static started to form into a quite coherent set of words. One which put a pleasant smile on his mostly impassive face. He knew the day couldn’t be slow to long. And it was someone he knew in need of help...he just hoped the suspect item wasn’t in the attention of to many suspect people. Then again, it was the Gold District.

Regardless, he didn’t need much encouragement. Stepping out of his seat, leaving a disappointed waiter who was to ask about his order, he extended the mic of the headset and as he was on the street he would say "This is Sunaku Harupia of the Main Branch, and I happen to be in the Gold District myself, near the Drifting Sands cafe. Let me know of your position and Ill join you asap", while starting to look around a bit. There was an off chance she and the other Shinobi would be somewhere near...though he would have probably spotted them by now if that were the case. The District was quite large, but he wanted an idea of where they were before he went up to the roof's.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back