Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Ninjutsu 101 - No, that's not how you use a fireball!

Shinrya Kitsune

11th Raikage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Notices had been put up in all the usual student hangouts as well as in the various branches headquarters in case any of their staff could use a touchup course. Of course they had also been put up in the academy. After all, the more that came to the class, the better it’d be for the students in terms of actual content and interaction with others in their peer groups. The class was to take place in the auditorium, and it'd be on Ninjutsu. The tables was arranged like one would expect from an auditorium. Raised for every row you proceeded backwards in the class, and all facing the podium by the far wall.

[Alright peeps. The class is open until Sunday 11:59pm GMT, after that I’ll close it and Kitsune will make her entrance. Feel free to use the time between now and then to socialize, and get to know each other. Kay? Have fun!]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A Rank
A short and scrawny boy meandered about the hallways of the Aurora Eruditio on his feet and knuckles, his mangy teddy bear secured firmly by the ear in his teeth. His three-piece suit and short, stylish white-hair certainly clashed with his mien, as though he were a child of savagery burdened with the bonds of society's standards.

Most notable of all were his red eyes--the only color on his otherwise colorless person.

To avoid provoking the rejection of his peers, he refrained from looking at them directly, relying on glances at the edges of his vision to view his surroundings. Even though he had not met any hostility so far from Kumogakure-no-sato, Shin was always wary that one day, sooner or later, society would outright deny his right to life.

Finally finding a notice about a class on Ninjutsu, the boy navigated through the halls to his new destination, opened the door, and took a seat in the shade near the back of the auditorium.

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
It must be bring your teddy to work day for Shin was not the only one to bring a plush bear to class. However the little goth-girl’s was much bigger. Her teddy was three times her size and walked behind her as she roamed the halls. You see she had a special power; one that she learned after graduating. It was a living doll jutsu which allowed her to seal a demon’s soul into a stuffed animal. “What are we doing here? You’re a Genin already. This is just a big waste of…” Anii slaps a hand against a wall and the giant bear then slams into the same wall. She allows the teddy to move through the art of puppetry and will discipline any back talk with the same art.

“Back when I was in the academy I took only the two classes I needed. Both of them were on the politics of cloud. This class will actually teach about jutsu. Now come on I don’t wanna be late.” She takes her hand off the wall and walks again. Her teddy follows behind silently like nothing happened. Thankfully the class was in the auditorium which had double doors. This meant her teddy could enter without making a hole in the wall, though he did have to crouch. She takes a seat next to the only person in the room at the time. She was going to sit in the back anyways because her companion might block somebody’s view. From the looks of patchwork on Shin’s little friend it seems he punishes his stuffed animal as much as she does. “Hello my name is Anii and this is Tibbers. Who might you two be?”

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A Rank
Shin blinked a few times as a giant teddy bear followed a doll-like girl into the auditorium of seemingly its own accord.

How can they do that?

His mind thoroughly freed from reality momentarily, he kept staring at the stuffed-animal, pondering the limited possibilities he believed plausible as it and its apparent master took a seat next to Shin. Only when the girl introduced them as Anii and Tibbers was he released from his daze.

"Um . . . " he began rather inelegantly, "I'm Shin, and this is Okami-sama." He held his battered bear up to show the girl, conscious that not only did hers dwarf his own, but that hers could and would probably mock him for how small and lifeless it was. "He's not much, but he's all I really got."

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Normally she would mock him, but she cannot help but relate to him. She remembers when she was a student. The shy little girl with a teddy bear, not Tibbers but a normal sized bear. The others always made fun of her shyness to the point that they mocked everything she said. She did notice the rank shin placed onto his bear. He considered the bear to be his superior rather than his equal or subordinate. She bows her head towards them, “It is a pleasure to meet you.” After she bows she does an odd gesture with her hand. It looked like she was screwing in a light bulb, but as she did so the little bear moves. Okami places her right paw across his chest and bows to Anii. When Anii does an unscrewing gesture the bear returns to the position it was in before. “When I was a student my only friend was a teddy bear, a small one. I believe it was because of this I learned how to make them move. Maybe sometime I can teach you.” Anii would be eager to teach for so few are willing to learn. The art of puppetry seemed to be a rare gift; she knew very little people that know how to puppeteer especially around her age.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A Rank
Wow!

Shin's jaw dropped and hung agape as Okami-sama bowed towards Anii. Even though he assumed the gesture she made with her hand during this spectacle, the boy could not yet fathom how the two were connected. Blinking a few times once more, he closed his mouth, wiped the little bit of slobber that had dribbled from the corners on his sleeve, and returned to reality.

"The . . . um . . . pleasure is all mine," he replied, still stunned by the girl's talent. "And thanks: I'd like that."

"So . . . how is life after graduation?"

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
“You should give Okami-sama a voice as well. It will give him someone to talk to.” It was weird when Tibbers spoke. His mouth was nothing but fabric so it didn't move. A voice would just emanate from him. Tibbers was trying to get the boy to convince Anii into sealing a demon with his teddy. Being that boy seemed week he would be easily corrupted by the demons influences. “Wouldn’t you like to be able to talk with Okami-sama, Shin?”

“Tibbers you know I don’t use that jutsu on other people’s toys. I already explained to you that it will likely get me in trouble with the clan.” The spell to seal demons into inanimate objects was in a vault that only the high priestess of the clan had a key to. Anii feels the need to change subjects before Shin starts begging her to reconsider. Luckily he asked something else she can talk about. “As for being Genin it is over rated. My last mission was walking a dog.”

Tsuirakuya Shashu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Gotta love places this old, all sorts of ways to go about getting somewhere. Shashu hummed to herself as she crawled along the crawlspace. Now, if I got this right, there should be...aha! She flipped up a small trapdoor and dropped neatly onto one of the catwalks near the ceiling of the auditorium, the sort used when lights and projectors or other such things are called for. "Yup, this is the place." With a small hop she vaulted over the railing of the catwalk, long hair trailing, and did a short flip, landing easily on her feet, arms in the air and a grin on her face. "Score!" Quickly smoothing out her waist length, cream colored tunic and black shorts, she strolled over to the only other two students there, holding out a hand to each of them. "Hey, I'm Shashu, nice to meet you. Hope I wasn't interrupting anything...?" She trailed off, the silver mirrors that were her eyes flicking back and forth between the two expectantly.

Shinrya Kitsune

11th Raikage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Suddenly, without warning, the doors of the room slammed shut, and the curtains were pulled closed to leave the room in darkness, except for three spots aimed right at the teachers desk. The doors and the windows were locked, and there was absolutely no sign of the teacher. After half a minute, Kitsune figured the students eyes would be focused on the desk in the front of the classroom, and she warped into the room, appearing as if she was stepping out of a hole in the spacetime continuum. "Alright students! Settle down, and take a seat. We've got a lot of material to get started, so lets begin." she said and held up a stack of chakra paper.
"I'd like each of you to take one of these papers, as you'll need it in a bit." she continued and placed them on the desk and smirked. Her eyes glimted in the light, and she was still wearing her contacts. So for now, she was just another teacher. "When you've each grabbed a paper, we'll handle introductions. I'll handle my own right away. I'm Baroness Shinrya Kitsune, a mednin here in Kumogakure, as well as, obviously, your teacher today." she said and gazed over her students, her sharp eyes picking up every little detail about them, committing them to her photographic memory.

[Alright. You guys get to post in whatever order, but i'd prefer it if you only post once per round, so when you've all posted, i post, then you get to post again. Alrighty~?]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A Rank
Shin scratched his head as he pondered the possibility of Okami-sama gaining a voice of his own. Although the idea of having a legit conversation with his teddy bear appealed to him, he was content with talking to someone who would just listen.

Before he could ponder the hypothetical proposed to him by Tibbers, Anii steered the conversation towards her first mission as a Genin.

"Really? That sounds kinda lame," he replied with a brief chuckle tacked on at the end. "Maybe you'll get to walk a bunch of dogs by yourself when you're a Chuunin." He smirked after finishing his joke, just in time for another girl to come from catwalk above and introduce herself. He squinted his eyes as he stared at her for a few seconds.

"Um . . . not at all, Shashu. I'm Shin, and it's nice to meet ya as well."

But before the conversation could turn into a discussion, the doors and curtains closed, basking all but the podium at the front of the auditorium in darkness. Shin growled as his hand reached for the memento of his parents' demise--the blood-rusted kunai with which he had killed them. But before he could even grasp its handle, their sensei appeared seemingly out of thin air, introduced herself as Baroness Shinrya Kitsune, and instructed them to take a piece of chakra paper and introduce themselves to the class.

Cocking his head to the side with a bewildered expression on his pale face, the boy scurried to the front of the room on his feet and knuckles, stopping when he approached Shinrya-sensei. He quickly snatched a piece of chakra paper from her, examined it for a brief moment, then turned towards the class and assumed an upright bipedal posture as he spoke.

"My name is Akatora Shin, and I'm . . . um . . . a student here at the academy." He then turned towards Shinrya-sensei. "Are all shinobi this friendly?" he whispered to her as he glanced nervously back towards the two girls.

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Anii was not about to get up and walk all the way to the front of the room to grab a simple piece of paper. There was no need for her to get up from her seat for can just simply points at the stack of paper, attaches a chakra string and with a flick of the wrist it comes flying towards her. Of course she did not know it was chakra paper and by attaching a chakra string to it she was infusing it with her chakra. What was odd was how the paper reacted to her chakra. It didn’t crumble, it didn’t burn, it didn’t shrivel, it didn’t split nor did it even become wet, but if it didn’t do any of those things what element was her chakra. He was flying at her fast a little too fast. It was cutting through the air better than Anii expected. She ducks and the piece of paper embeds its self into the back wall like a kunai. Anii curiously flicks the sticking out part of her paper and it sounded like flicking a piece of armor. What Anii’s chakra did was made the chakra paper as hard and solid as a sheet of metal. This was quite obviously a sign of her bloodline. Being a Tsuchimikado Anii had a natural talent for metal. "What type of paper is this?!" she then exclaims.

Tsuirakuya Shashu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shashu raised an eyebrow as the charged chakra paper whizzed past her face. Noting the paper that Anii had picked up had turned to rigid metal as opposed to that which Shin had picked up, which was still limp as normal paper, she figured it probably had something to do with her using chakra. The Shinobi that had come to her village had tested her with something similar, which he called chakra paper, so this was probably the same thing. Neato. I guess I'll get to see what this stuff really does. Seeing as how Anii's trick with the paper had almost cost Shashu her nose, she figured it would probably be a better bet to walk up. Plus, its only polite to introduce yourself. Stopping first at the desk to take one of the pieces of chakra paper, Shashu then stepped off to the side so that she faced everyone in the room. "My name is Tsuirakuya Shashu, at your service!" She dipped her head and shoulders in a quick bow, then grinned at Shin and Kitsune. "Nice to meet you Kitsune-sensei, and you too Shin-kun. And you as well uh....goth person?" Shashu didn't manage to catch the girl's name earlier, so 'goth person' would have to do.

Oginu Toru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC: Hi all, jumping in last minute per Kitsune's invite ^^.

He had managed to be extremely punctual despite having stumbled upon the ninjutsu 101 class notices at the last minute. It was his first day as a student as well as his first official time within the three-story pagoda which hailed as home to the academy facilities. In all truth he had gotten turned around within the massive structure and found the auditorium by mistake, a few littered flyers upon the floor in the hallway able to brief him on today's scheduling. He wasn't certain if he was allowed to be here freely or if one needed to be previously enrolled but the prospect of perhaps taking the system by the horns and crashing an outlined session catered to his brash tendencies. He had seemingly arrived incredibly early, at least an hour before hand. He had originally sat within the middle row, before changing seats multiple times in anticipation for at least another soul to walk through the doors. He even stood on the bolted down seats and jumped between arm rests to pass the time but painfully to no avail. The only other thing he had not tried was seeking refuge inside the nook behind the teachers desk. Time must have shot by for what was to him a quick cat nap before the lights in the room had abruptly shut off only to be replaced by three extremely bright spotlights seemingly affixed on his very location.
"I've been found out!?"

He thought immediately as the sound of unfamiliar voices and instructions from a much more mature and feminine tone suggested that other students as well as the academic enforcer of the day were heavily present. Quickly jutting up from behind the desk he shielded his eyes from the beaming spotlights. Before him was a small and tattered looking boy as well as a long dark brown haired girl with eeiry silver colored eyes. Immediately adjacent to him was a much more mature and robustly chested kunoichi with long deep red hair and purple irises whom he assumed was the instructor given her signifigant age in comparison to the other adolescents present. There seemed to be another pair of figures present in the upper rows but with the semi-blinding light it was impossible to discern any solid details. Scratching the back strands of his short dark brown hair he squinted as he grabbed a piece of paper from the stack on the desk that seemed to match sheets the other kids were holding. His forearm and shin guards reflecting brightly in the vibrant spotlights as his fitted gray sweats and light burgundy long sleeved gi dulled in contrast. His amber hued eyes scoured the page for relevance, but it proved to be of no immediate assistance. "This paper is...odd."

Shinrya Kitsune

11th Raikage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Kitsune raised an eyebrow at the student that crawled out from the nook behind the desk. ”So good of you to join us. Take a seat” she said and grinned. Sure school was boring, but sleeping in the nook? The kid had courage. Another teacher might’ve sent the guy to see the headmistress for punishment. ”Now th--” she said but was cut off as Anii, being a lazy person, used her chakra to yoink the paper to her only to have it turn into a sheet of metal and lodge itself into the wall behind of her. ”There was a reason I told you to pick them up from here. I really would rather avoid these kinds of situations.” Kitsune said and rubbed her temples a bit. This would be an interesting class, that’s for sure.

Nice to meet you Shin-kun, you too Shashu-chan. And you other two, nice to meet you as well, even if you didn’t introduce yourselves. Kitsune said before clearing her throat ”Now then. I want each of you to try and push some of your chakra into the paper you’ve taken. As you’ve already witnessed, it’ll determine your chakra element. As our little miss Lethal over here demonstrated when she didn’t get off her rear and picked it up by hand. Her element was metal, which likely makes her a Tsuchimikado, as they’ve got a natural affinity for metals.”

She took a short break to allow the students to try and push their chakra onto their respective papers. If the paper ignites and burns, your innate nature is Fire. If it splits in two, it’s Wind. If it wrinkles up, it’s Lightning. If it turns to dirt and crumbles away, it’s Earth. And if it becomes wet or damp, it’s Water. Kitsune explained to her students. ”Of course, other things could happen which would indicate the presence of an advanced element, such as little miss Lethal’s sheet of metal.”

[MFT: 325]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A Rank
Chakra? I thought that stuff was just make-believe!

Shin looked at the piece of paper and fiddled with it for a bit, trying to channel inner energy into it mentally. His face gradually contorted with the burden of his ordeal, yet to no avail. Finally his visage a toxic combination of rage and despair, he crumbled the piece of paper into the palm of his hand and punched the floor.

Then he cried.

"Why am I such a failure?" he muttered under choked sobs. "I find new friends and a new family that don't try to kill me because of how I look, and I can't even help them to help me become like them!" He punched the floor once more, splitting his knuckle open.

Struggling to take a few deep breaths, he paused when he felt something moist throbbing in his hand. Wiping away his tears, he gazed upon the piece of paper in his palm, stained red and pulsating to the beat of his own heart.

"Wha--?"

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
The demon within the giant stuffed animal laughs for he finds the name Miss Lethal quite fitting for little Anii. “I think she got you pegged.” The teddy exclaims with a laugh. Anii was not amused at all and with a snap of her finger a steel tiger dives down from the rafters and pounces Mr. Tibbers. The creature was an earth golem jutsu that she converted into metal using the natural abilities of her Tsuchimakado bloodline. After the sound of fabric tearing a fluff floating in the air, the bear cries, “Okay, okay I’m sorry. Get him off, get him off!” The bear stands up and his chest looked mauled.

Oh sure like the teacher knew this was going to happen. “How was I supposed to know it was chakra paper? If you would have told us, I would have sent Tibbers to retrieve it.” This was a lie because she had no idea up until now what chakra paper did, so most likely she would still use the chakra strings. “But you are correct about the bloodline.” Tibbers picks Anii up and place her on the metallic beast’s back. The animal then walks over to the group. The teacher probably thought Anii to be the laziest shinobi ever next to those of the Nara clan. “My name is Anii and I am from the Tsubaki clan.” The Tsubaki clan is known to be a clan of samurai’s and Priestesses. “Still standing back there is Mr. Tibbers and this guy is Byako.”

[MFT]

Hashashin Tensai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Incognito in Class

{Participating with Shinrya's blessing as per PM.}

34xq6ox.jpg

"After Thoughts"
by
Oddisee
The nameless amber-eyed young man hadn't been the only one to arrive at an earlier time. Tensai had decided to take the initiative as far as his future as a Shinobi was concerned. Months earlier he had participated in his first class after a long delay due to issues with the establishment, a class that turned out to be more of a private tutoring session than anything. It had been an odd experience, but despite his illness cutting it all short, his instructor gave him a passing grade. He'd begun digging into the information about finalizing his step into the world of the Shinobi, and found that he needed another credit to his name. Initially deciding to avoid the academy until he felt he was worth anyone's time, his goals have since changed.

With the world around him morphing into something else entirely, he felt a new sense of urgency...That he needed to get stronger, faster. He yearned for the stemmed flow of knowledge, a stream of wisdom that ceased to exist with his Granduncle's unexpected departure. He'd begun to learn about not only himself, but subtle laws about the universe and the way the world as a whole worked...That's what it felt like his familial mentor was showing him, and that's what he's been left without. The dreams that dwelt within his soul requires that he become the best that he could be, if he ever hoped to make a serious change. With having been officially registered as a student of Kumogakure under Hayate Shin's record entry for the credited session, he had a right to be there.

It didn't really matter which class he was enrolled in, since absolutely any of them if completed would give him the needed credits. He had read through the schedule and found himself choosing a class on Ninjutsu, for no other reason than it was the closest to his thumb when he looked at the sheet. Upon leaving his house on that day, his traditional garbs were set aside in favor of something more inconspicuous. If it could be helped, the boy wished to participate in the class with as little attention being brought to himself as possible, while scoring a passing grade. As such, putting his hair in a simple ponytail and donning a black hoodie seemed simple enough. Around his neck was a two-toned warming collar, and the rest was simple enough. The color of his jeans matched his hoodie, which also matched his finger-less gloves and Shinobi sandals.

So...That being said, where was he?

You see, upon entry into the large auditorium he found himself a seat in the furthest, highest, darkest corner of the room. Anyone looking in that direction would see nothing but shadows, considering the vast area wasn't very brightly illuminated in every spot. From behind his desk, with his hood raised and his chair leaned back against the wall, balancing idly upon two legs, he watched everything. Which included the amber-eyed youth's idle romp, that lead to his being somewhere in the vicinity of the teacher's desk. He'd witness the peculiar sight of a young girl traveling with a gargantuan bear that moved on its own, while the girl herself talked it up with another more scruffy looking child that also showed up a bit before her. From where he was, the young man was entirely content not having to interact with a single person. He'd make no noise, and speak no words to draw attention away from the group.

It was only when the familiar face of a girl he knew as Shashu popped up, that he began to feel any sort of way. She was loud and rambunctious as always, and what an entrance. His nose wrinkled a bit and he'd shake his head, wondering how in the world anyone hoped to be a Shinobi while being such an attention-seeker. He'd only hope she didn't have to work in anything that required stealth, but then again, stranger things were known to happen in this world. He hadn't seen the girl in weeks, perhaps a month...Still, a certain book he'd received as a gift from her remained in his back pocket even then. Regardless, he wouldn't call out to her either. She seemed to be enjoying herself, and he was in no rush to be put in the awkward situation of talking pointlessly to people he didn't know.

The sound of the heavy double-doors slamming shut caused Tensai to gently let his chair sit on all four legs, quietly and almost without a sound. Darkness swallowed everything except for the teacher's desk, and then she appeared. One of his classmates commanded a large stuffed animal with puppeteer skills that seemed outlandish, and yet the warping and turning of space before his very eyes still held weight. He watched as everything began to distort and then swirl rapidly before their instructor would step out of the malformed nothingness. Then, just like that, she started class as if nothing remarkable had been done at all. Such was the life of a Shinobi it all seemed...

As she beckoned for the students to fetch small pieces of paper, Tensai watched the others a little before quietly rising to his feet. He was about to make his way down to the teacher's desk, but the girl with the bear drew his attention once more. She'd reach out and then without warning one of the sheets of paper zipped through the air towards her, turning into metal and lodging itself in the wall as she narrowly avoided a potentially fatal wound. The way she tried to justify it all forced a small sigh to leave his lips. While the others began introducing themselves, Tensai walked along the shadows as he approached quietly. It was unlikely that anyone other than perhaps the highly trained teacher would take notice of him, and still he stopped again just shy of entering the light. He froze where he stood, his lips curved in a slight frown while the boy called Shin suddenly broke down.

He knew that feeling...As though you were a failure and nothing you did would ever be enough, not enough for yourself or to repay the ones that bothered to care about you in the first place. However; being so open about it and letting the world see him in such a state would be avoided at all costs...Hell, he didn't even like the idea of doing it when he was by himself. As Shin's sheet of paper began to pulsate very steadily, Tensai would only give a small grin. "Pfft...Another advanced element." He'd think to himself, almost envying the natural gifts others were simply born with...While he had to work for every ounce of strength and knowledge that made him who he was, at least, that was his current outlook on it.

With his hood up, and sleeves rolled down, unless one looked directly at him from the front, they'd be quite unable to see his facial features. His height of a mere five feet two inches didn't help him to stand out much either, but then again he was still only thirteen and of apparently average stock. When he reached the teacher, he'd look into her deep purple eyes for a moment...He'd take in her essence, everything from the way her face was arranged to the bloody shade of her hair. He'd mutter his name, but it didn't seem as though she was too concerned with those details...Having allowed the female with the massive toy and the amber-eyed slacker to continue without divulging such information. Even as Anii eventually went into herself a little later.

Beneath his currently crimson eyes, on the right side of his face and upon his cheek, were two small red circles. They were connected by two small lines and then finally to the corner of his right eye. Such a mark had never been there before, but what purpose did it serve? He'd give a polite grin, nod and then pluck one of the mysterious sheets of paper from the desk and clutch it between his middle and index fingers. It didn't take him even a full second to charge it with his energy, but as he did so the mental imagery of the potential outcomes cycled through his brain rapidly without warning. The paper began to grow damp and soggy. He'd hold it up for his teacher to see. "Water..." Then, as he turned to examine his classmates his pupils would roll over his teacher's rather large bust and wondered how he could of overlooked that detail.

He'd cough just a little, but in general wasn't too taken aback by things of that nature. He'd look towards the other, and though the hood cast a shadow over much of his face, his visage was now clear for those who happened to glance, to see. It didn't last long though, as without a word he quickly turned back to face the teacher and await the class's progression. He knew a lot when it came to Ninjutsu, from studying on his own and intermingling with his Granduncle's philosophies and teachers on the subject. For him, the class shouldn't be too difficult, but as stated before...Stranger things have happened in this world.

[I promise all my posts won't look like this, I just had to uh...Fill in some blanks/catch up.]

Oginu Toru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The paper was odd indeed, but not for the reasons it was supposed to be. To his ignorant eye it was simply a sheet of paper with no content. The principle of it all was mostly what threw him for a loop. Why insist on distributing blank sheets of paper? The potential of ulterior motives planned in conjunction with the paper itself began to peck at what he assumed to be his intuition as he turned a curious gaze to the kunoichi instructor. He was immediately asked to take a seat, which in terms of where he crawled out from was a reasonable request. Before having the chance of taking a second step back towards the row of seats his life was threatened by what sounded like a shuriken that swiftly passed the side of his face in close proximity. The abrupt mishap startling him and causing the young Oginu to flinch noticeably in the opposite direction.

Looking back towards Kitsune with confusion, he immediately expected clarification on what had just transpired. He proved to be briefed on not only what a Tsuchimikado's affinity was but also the mystique of the blank pieces of paper that had been distributed. "Chakra paper?" He looked on for examples from his classmates aside from the accidental demonstration that almost decapitated him. The feral looking boy known as Shin had his paper stain red and pulsate like a beating heart after thoroughly raging its physical properties. Whilst the gothic looking girl who introduced herself as Anii while perched upon an animated steel tiger formerly made her self visible, a black clad boy seemingly materialized from the shadows. His mystique bolstered a myriad of questions but what stood out mostly was his paper turning wet and soggy. The only paper thus far to behave in one of the predetermined manners described by Kitsune. After the seemingly older and obviously taller anti-social boy had coughed and gazed towards himself and the rest of the contemporary assembly, he was able to catch a glimpse of his face.

His iris hues were creepily crimson and the red dots outlining the corner of his right eye in a makeshift triangle only intensified their presence. Furrowing his brow he decided to focus upon the chakra paper in his midst as oppose to intellectually taking in the interestingly diverse group of peers surrounding him. He had channeled chakra before as his parents had taught him a couple rudimentary ninjutsu earlier in life to perhaps have a leg up on his contemporaries in such situations like this. Moments after, a sharp slitting sound emanated from the sheet of paper, splitting it cleanly into two separate pieces. Falling under the described criteria as wind. Holding both halves up he parted his lips and spoke. "Looks like mine is wind. Oh, and I'm Toru by the way. And also, just to make sure I'm fully awake, everyone else sees the kid that just came out of the shadows right?" He said somewhat facetiously with an air of utter seriousness as it was still possible he was groggy from his previous cat nap behind Kitsune's desk. He would back away slowly to find a seat while still facing forward towards the group, hoping the others present could corroborate his sighting.

Tsuirakuya Shashu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hmmm. Chakra paper huh? Shashu eyed the paper in her hand. So that's what it was. When the shinobi who tested me had me use it, nothing happened though....maybe my chakra wasn't strong enough yet. She thought of all the training she had done up till now, all the long days and sleepless nights. The various tasks her instructors had set her, the troubles she had gotten into and out of. Her blood awakening. Especially her blood awakening. Oh the problems that had caused.... Still, it there was nothing that she regretted about coming here, to this academy. She had seen and learned a lot in what little time she had spent here. Even more importantly, she had made friends here, something that had been denied her till now. She clenched her fist. Things are different now, in alot of ways.

She held up the inconspicuous looking piece up paper before her, thumb placed firmly in the center of the page's bottom edge. Such an innocent thing it seemed, to have such a hold over a young, prospective shinobi's life. Well little paper, let's see who's stronger this time. Shashu took a deep breath and closed her eyes, readying her chakra. Here goes nothing! She lifted the paper aloft above her head then snapped it back down in front of her, parallel to the ground, in a motion reminiscent of certain card champions. As she did, she surged her chakra forward into the paper, putting forth quite a bit more energy than was necessary to charge it. Not sure what to expect, she opened her eyes slowly at first, then widening them as she saw the paper, her mouth forming a silent O. It was shot through with hundreds of wrinkles, but what really stood out was how the crooked and intersecting lines formed an incredibly complex web, each strand golden and crackling with electricity. Reluctantly tearing her eyes from the paper, Shashu looked to Kitsune. "So sensei....this is what my chakra looks like?" With a deep sigh she exhaled the breath she hadn't realized she was holding, and her eyes lit up. "I guess I'm...lighting then!" With a last look at the paper, forever altered by the overcharge of chakra, she let it fall to her side and looked around the room.

Anii, the goth girl, was being as haughty as ever, trying to play it off like she hadn't almost cost her and Toru a couple of small body parts with her little trick. She even called up a metal tiger to walk what, ten meters, tops? Shashu clenched her teeth with a 'Tch!' and looked after the other students. Toru just looked tired, completely unfazed in any manner by the reaction to his chakra paper. Shin on the other hand had suffered some sort of breakdown, though he seemed to be calming down as he was distracted by his paper's reaction. Is that...blood? Interesting.... However, it was the last figure that caught her attention, as she hadn't noticed it before. Is that Tensai? She squinted her eyes, trying to see through the shadows of his hood as he tested his paper as well. The result garnered no reaction from the figure, however as he turned around light from the spotlights fell upon his face. It is Tensai! "Hey Tensai! Long time no see!" She quickly ran over to him and held up her piece of chakra paper. "Look! This is what my chakra looks like! Pretty neat huh?"
MFT: WC-586​

Shinrya Kitsune

11th Raikage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Kitsune kept a watchful eye on the students, as they all activated their chakra papers. Apparently one of them was a Chigokai, as his paper pulsated and began to bleed. Kitsune knew the Chigokai were masters of blood control. Then Tensai decided to rise out of the shadows he had hid himself in. ”Nice of you to show yourself student-kun.” she said to him with a grin. So far two elements had been revealed, and they were both advanced in nature. How about this youngster? Would this prove to be an advanced one too? Well. Not quite. Because as Tensai fed his chakra to the paper, it became soggy and drippy.

”Water indeed.” Kitsune said in a chipper voice, grinning as Toru went and grabbed his paper and fed his chakra to it. It split in half, revealing that his element was wind. ”Quite right on that one Toru-kun. It is indeed wind. And yes, you’re not dreaming. Though, for you it might seem as if he appeared out of nowhere. I've been aware of his presence the entire time.” Kitsune said and reached up to her eyes, removing her contacts and placing them each in their own little bottle with saltwater to cleanse them. ”My eyes reveal more than you’d think” she said with a smirk as Shashu applied her own chakra to the paper. ”Yup. That is indeed Lightning. Not that surprising considering where we all live. As for me, well…” she started but then picked up a piece of paper.

First, she fed her chakra to the paper, and it burst into flame. Then, she grabbed another paper, and focused her eyes on it, and willed them to change into the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan. Upon that happening, she initiated the ocular jutsu Amaterasu, and burnt the paper in a black flame. ”I can do a few things with my own chakra. The first was my actual nature. The second? An ability given to me by my eyes.” she said and held her eyelid up so the students could see the EMS. ”It’s a nifty ability. But not everyone can obtain it. If you’re not of Uchiha descent… You’ll never be able to properly use a Sharingan. However, it’s not unheard of that implants work as well. Just, with a slightly different set of abilities.” she finished and smiled.

”Well now! On with the class.” Kitsune said and put her contacts back in. She didn’t want to accidently put one of the students under a genjutsu. ”Now that we know your elements, I’d like each of you to TRY and produce a jutsu of that element. Just try. If you fail, or it goes haywire, it won’t matter. It’s just training. Besides, as the scorch marks evidence, others have lost control of fireballs in here before. So go nuts. I’m a trained mednin, I’m perfectly capable of taking care of you if something happens during the class.”

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back