Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

On a Puppeteer's Trail [Mission]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
A man with the blood of his comrades on his hands had thought just breaking through the gates leading outside of the village was more than enough to grant his freedom. Perhaps it was the accomplishment that he did this seemingly unscathed that he felt he was capable of leaving his guard down and taking a rest. The desert was harsh and unforgiving, so what made him think that the shinobi of Sunagakure would be anything less than that when dealing with traitors. Shokunin Meijin wearing a cloak similar to the color of sand was still doing his best to camoflauge himself and find refuge in the harsh environment. He told himself that this was only going to be a brief rest, and that he would be on the road again. Ones recollection of time seemed to differ when you were running away from something. When you no longer had a purpose aside from running just what did time really mean to you? Just as he was going to finally step up from his spot of refuge there was a flurry of projectiles that came his way. Barely capable of seeing them come his way he did his best to maneuver out of the way. This wasn't going to do him any good, as the projectiles upon hitting a solid surface would detonate into an explosion of concussive force that would propel him forward like a rag doll now rolling along the sands. Quickly scurrying to regain his composure his eyes would stare up to a pair of cold heartless Sharingan. Legend had it, that the Sharingan was the eyes that could reflect feelings. Any type of remorse, or feeling the Uchiha had to their current predicament they could easily just reflect and deal with like what was considered to be a true shinobi. An unfeeling tool of death that put the mission above everything else, even the lives of his comrades.

"They only sent one after me after having killed two guards so effortlessly? Perhaps I am the lucky one here that they didn't send overwhelming force. I think I can handle one more if it means I will be free and outside of the villages reach." For now, Bruinetto would be inclined to speak to this traitor. "Those two guards you killed, were your comrades. You may not have worked with them, but they were the same as you. How can you speak so coldly about men who underwent the same trials as you did? Even you, cryptically told your family good bye before making your leave. They too have families, did you not care about that?"

Meijin taking this moment would pull out a scroll in order to release a cloud of smoke. A single puppet emerged from the sealing sheet and it had a particular shape to it. The creature looked something like a minotaur however it boasted a set of four arms. The puppet looked straight forward and simple, but having spending some time analyzing puppet parts Bruinetto knew better than to make such an assumption. "As shinobi we are trained to throw away our feelings. I have my own personal mission, that lays outside of the walls of the village and being stuck in their failing system which only further propagates wars instead of striving towards true peace. I will take what I have learned from it, and actually make a difference in this world." His thoughts seemed to inspire horrible thoughts in his mind concerning the death several of his friends and families. All related to their profession as shinobi. This tragedy seemed to be plaguing his surface level thoughts, it brought a pain to his heart that felt.. too real.

What cowardice, this man instead of simply confronting the problems in the system he was merely going to run away from them all together. "You are such a weak fool then. You could have done so much more, by infiltrating the system and changing it from the inside. When a machine is broken, you look internally and find the part that doesn't work. You remove the part and you replace it, and the system can change." Meijin was being entertained by this exchange of rhetoric. "But if the system itself is broken, no matter how many pieces you try to replace it not change it's overall design and purpose. That is where new innovation comes in, where you have to build it from the ground up. Why is it that new inventions are made as opposed to just constantly upgrading old designs? Because old designs become obsolete.." While Meijin thought he was being clever and giving himself more time to prepare his puppet as he armed it with as many chakra strings he could muster the appearance of four other Bruinetto's would show that he too was playing his hand. As the presence of pain was becoming even more pronounced he started to understand why his attacker simply stared at him fighting with words. Had he caught him under genjutsu?

"You are already armed, one false move and you won't be able to recover from the attack I unleash upon you. Take your eyes off me too long, I could easily fade away and you won't find me until it is too late." Bruinetto knew enough about basic puppeteering to how to engage this puppeteer. The look on his face was of surprised, realizing that he had underestimated the one who was in front of him. While the guards had just been chuunin, was this man a jounin? He was going to give it his all if he was suppose to make it out of this altercation. The puppet would raise its hands up and release a quick burst of kunai in a wide spread away. It was an area of attack technique which would be best suited for figuring out which one was the real one wasn't it? However, each of the clones seemed to skillfully evade the attacks as they started to rush Keijin.

The puppet would then veer off to the left and blast off from its position and head for one of the images of Bruinetto. Blasting into it with its hand, the clone would simply vanish leaving a burst of smoke in its wake. There were only four images left, and they were only illusions. Illusions could not harm him after all. From the side a flurry of projectiles would barely catch his eye. Attempting to maneuver out of the way he would be hit dead on by the strange projectiles. Being blasted off from his footing, he would be stunned momentarily. Turning his head to the side he would see three visions of Bruinetto appearing and going for a direct attack. Not having much time to react he would switch positions with his clones from afar feeling it was his only option to avoid getting hit. To his dismay however two of the images would veer off as one would continue on with an attack only to prove it was a clone.

Growling as a result of his frustration he would turn as his eyes widened to see a large mass of projectiles heading his way. His body hesitating to move after utilizing a body switch, it seemed that due to his ever growing fear he didn't care to see the bigger picture of how this series of moves would play out. His body pelted with a wide array of these strange orbs it felt like he was being blasted by rapid fire like dozens of small punches as each one went off individually. Slowly raising his body back up his puppet would be on the move again. Releasing more projectiles towards the two clones he would make his mark this time. As the two clones disappeared, there were no more images left for him to face. However, now there was no target for him to concentrate on. He got so caught up that the real one had managed to sneak away and hide attacking in the wake of his illusions. He would have to come out in order to attack right?

All of a sudden a surge of pain filled his body as he fell down to his knees. The pain seemed to come from his brain like a pulsating head ache as he brought his hands to his head. Sand emerged up from the ground and started to encircle his body pulling him up from the ground and binding him in place. The sand took the shape of a demon-esque statue looking down on Meijin. Unable to move, he was no longer capable of manipulating his puppet. "Didn't I warn you.. not to lose track of me? This will be the end." His eye taking on the form of his Mangekyou, as the entire world changes. A red sky casting over them as the white moon shown a solitary beam onto him. A vision of the two shinobi he killed back at the gates appeared along with visions of the mans family. They all were wielding an assortment of bladed weapons. One by one they would take turns visciously stabbing him in this state. As his family members came in to make blows they would utter words of shame and disappointment. This pain was all too real, and the world around him would break apart as he was still bound.

"That should soften you up.. now this will finish you. You won't die, as traitors as doomed to much worse than death." Two scrolls floating up around Bruinetto would encircle him as he floated up into the air. A vast amount of projectiles being flung from within came together creating similar large masses like the one that hit earlier. One after the other the attacks would hit like a combo and breaking the bind he was bound to. The sheer trauma faced by all of this damage would knock him out as his puppet would lifelessly fall into the sand. Walking over to Meijin he would take his scroll and seal the puppet back inside of it. Lifting Meijin off the ground he would proceed to carry him.

While he was walking about to the village he could not help but think back to their conversation they had earlier. There were some valid points that he made, however his way was not the way to go about inciting change. You could still be a part of the village in order to change it's overall design. That just required dedication and status. If you were a Sennin, or even a Kage you could instate such change if you tried hard enough. His canine companion rejoined his side seeing that he collected the target. "Is he still alive?" To which Bruinetto casually replied back. "Of course he is. I preferred to bring him back alive. Facing his family and friend after his crimes. It would be a much greater sting as opposed to the easy release of death." The dog seemed satisfied with such a reply. "You could have made a pretty good ANBU with that kind of attitude." It was true, Bruinetto might have accelled as an ANBU. That organization was not his style though. "Lead the way my friend. You should know the way better than I." The two would proceed back to the village where Karasu would be later to take the body away and congratulate Bruinetto on a job well done. Allowing him to go back to his, "normal", life as a shinobi.

WC: 1912

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back