Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

On Etiquette, social survival and resources [class]

Yukari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hikari nodded to Yukiko. "Military intelligence is headed by our spymaster. She makes certain we know things about the villages outside Cloud, as much as the people in our own village. She is in charge of the whispers. Misinformation. All the things necessary for a successful military to know about its surroundings. Deathwatch... they are the watchers on the walls. They are the first line of defense against outsiders. Shinobi serve the Deathwatch when they respond to gate calls. That is a group which is rather like the academy teachers. Anyone can serve the deathwatch, though there are a few who dedicate their lives to its service. The Merces Letifer is a group whose actions are... necessarily not in the public domain. They serve as the silent arm of Kumo, and shape events away from the public eye. They differ from ANBU in that they do not go after missing nin... most times. Their concern lies in unconventional threats to the village."

“Merces Letifer is as I understand it not a sub-branch as the others listed, after the war they were pretty much gutted. They have almost ceased to exist as far as I understand it.” Kyo said, “They were responsible for assassinations and worked closely with the ANBU to accomplish their missions at times. Am I to understand that they are actively recruiting currently then?”

"The Merces Letifer is a division under the domain of the Main Branch Sennin, just as the Deathwatch is. It would rank comparatively with the other three areas. Although it was diminished, it was not depleted. Yes they are actively recruiting. Main branch is Always recruiting. Always will be. We are the most populous branch. Kumogakure's best defense. I could tell you a bit about the other branches as well, though I'll admit, my knowledge of their workings is less varied than the information I can give you on my branch. Anyway, they do indeed work closely with ANBU. You are correct in that. Where did you learn that, Kyo kun?"

She would first answer any other questions, then she would say to them, "Alright, young ones. You should now have a very basic understanding of etiquette and how to survive in a social situation. You know about the resources available to you, and some potential career options. If I had more time with you, I'd give you all a recommendation on where you might ply your trade as a ninja- that is in which of the three branches you might best fit- but as it stands, I can only go on what I've got. And, of course, I believe in honing the tool for the task it is best suited for, so don't take offense if by chance, I don't say what you'd like. Tanaka Jun, your social skills are developing nicely. I'd love to see you in the diplomatic corps. Miko, you have skills of another type. You might do better away from your brother, perhaps in ANBU or the Merces. A teacher once told me 'you shouldn't use a hammer to cut a piece of silk, but that doesn't mean it's worth less than a pair of shears." I'm a hammer. You might also be one. Yukiko: Your strengths seem to lie in your mind. I'd recommend you for Military intelligence. If you'd like, I can send your name to Shima Haruka, with an recommendation. You need to train that voice though." She smiled. "Kyo... I don't know you as well as those three. You're not kin to me, but you made a good impression. Your mind seems sharp and you seem to be training very hard physically. Perhaps you'd do well in the Merces as well. Perhaps in Deathwatch's crime and punishment division. Masaru. I'll just tell you now what I wanted to say after class. You've made quite an impression on me. Your etiquette was very good... When you graduate I believe I have a position that you'd fill very well. It's one I was given as a new Genin as well. I should also say, that I'd expect nothing less from a Shima. I'll commend you to your relatives."

"Does anyone have any questions about what I've taught you today? Anything at all? If not, you can each bring your papers to my desk, and I'll have your grades posted by tonight."

[At this point, unless anyone has questions, I think we're good to end the class.
Anything above 5 is a pass. I took away 2 points for an absence (after entry) in which you didn't contact me, and one for particularly short posts, and one for late entry, because everyone who entered late, did so in a respectful manner, and communicated with me either before posting or shortly after.

Yukiko- posted in all rounds. Had questions and responded to other students as well as instructor. Some responses were very short, however. Developing posts more would be a plus. 9/10
Miko - posted in all but one round. Responded well when asked to speak, but otherwise, was kinda off in dreamland 7/10
Jun-npc- Pass.
Airo Kuroyama- posted in all but one rounds. Responded well. I noted when I read your last response, that I liked it. 8/10
Naoki Yukimura- missed more than three rounds- automatic drop. I understand there were outside circumstances, but as you never contacted me, I assume you've gone inactive. 2/10
Shinomiya Masaru- Came in late, but did very well, didn't miss any rounds after entering, participated in discussion, and provided insightful commentary. I also noted, after reading your responses, that I liked them. 9/10
Hotaka Kyo- Came in late, but responded well. Kyo is a smart cookie, even if he is the strong silent type. I'd have liked it if he had spoken more in class, but he did respond well when he spoke. 9/10

You should all ask your last questions, and I'll respond if there are any, but as far as I'm concerned class is officially over. Good job everyone! In order to actually be considered to have passed this class, you will have to make an exit post. After you do that, post HERE to request payment. ]

[MFT 250+]

Shinomiya Masaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The information about Haruka-sama's division was welcome, but he hardly had any need to know about the other sub-divisions of the Main Branch. Ever since meeting her he had decided to work under her in the same branch and division so while his attention was focused on the instructor he decided not to take any notes as he had done previously.

Masaru was eager for the class to finish and was wondering if anyone else would have a question when he heard Kyo speak up. Normally he would have little to no interest in the questions they asked, but after his performance Masaru was interested in the guy. He had arrived only moments before Masaru had, not to mention he looked like he had gone through very harsh training but it didn't stop him from attending such a class. While Kyo asked his question Masaru turned in his seat to glance at him. Hotaka Kyo, a name he wouldn't forget anytime soon.

When he turned his attention back to the instructor she was going over her opinions of the class. She started with Miko and Jun, the two that Masaru had taken mild interest in due to the high expectations the instructor had placed in them. Her opinion seemed right on the mark, but the mention of ANBU for Miko caused him to raise a brow. So he's the fighting type... Masaru thought, going over the information he had obtained from observing the class. He didn't have any particular interest in the others present, even though some of them had thought up clever answers that he had failed to consider; however, none of them looked to be as intimidating as Miko and Kyo. After her estimation of both boys, Masaru determined that they were the two to look out for, but as something more than a potential enemy. The Genin Exam should be coming up soon, and with how many students I've seen I can't help but wonder if there will be something team based, Masaru crossed his arms. Overall I think I'd like them better as allies. They appear more useful than these-

He was effectively snapped out of his thoughts when Tanaka-sensei said his name. Masaru listened to her give him praise, and while he was expecting that to be it she surprised him with more. He listened intently as this was what she was going to talk to him about after the lesson, and yet he still didn't believe it. Sure he was polite and thought things through, he would be a disgrace to the Shima if he couldn't even manage that much on his own, but he didn't think it would be enough for the Main Branch Sennin to offer him a position. It didn't take him much time to deduce that she might want him in the Diplomatic Corps. This was a class on etiquette, and he was positive she hadn't seen him training unless Haruka-sama had spoken of it. She commended him once more, to which he bowed as thanks before she dismissed the class.

The Diplomatic Corps....it wasn't one he had even given a thought to. Foreign politics and diplomacy were farthest from his mind, as he'd always expected to follow in Haruka-sama's footsteps. However, she had told him to get know his instructors and his classmates, and now the Main Branch Sennin was telling him she wanted him for a position. He could refuse and maybe she would understand his reasoning, but he was merely thinking of himself. He sighed, wondering why she had to be away on a mission at such a time. The Genin Exam was near, and he didn't know when she would be back even though he desperately needed her opinion. I want to be in the best position to be of the most use...but what position is that? Masaru wondered while grabbing his papers, separating the notes and putting them away before standing and heading to the front desk. As he did so he bowed to the instructor again, “Thank you for the lesson, Tanaka-sensei.” Masaru turned in the assignment and exited the classroom.

[Topic Left]
[MFT]

Yamaryuu Sora

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Listening to Hikari answering her question, she made a mental note, Yukiko now had a pretty good idea as to where she was to go when she was finished.
as she heard more of the rest she did only got more and more sure about her choice, she had seriously been considering the ANBU, but now she had cast that notion.

as Hikari began talking about the different students, she suddenly got a bit nervous, what if Hikari did not have the same idea than Yukiko had?
she listened to the recommendations for Miko, and would agree, he was suited as a front liner Jun she had not really had much to do.. but he was the vocal one of the Brothers, no doubt about that.
as she then spoke about Yukiko, her nervousness got grounded, Hikari had the same notion as Yukiko had.
" Your strengths seem to lie in your mind. I'd recommend you for Military intelligence. If you'd like, I can send your name to Shima Haruka, with an recommendation. You need to train that voice though."
Yukiko Stood up, and answered with a clear voice this time.
"Yes please, that would be great Sensei"
she then sat back Down, listening to the rest of the recommendations,
when the class was ended, Yukiko had gotten all her questions answered.
She put her seal on its place at her hip, seemingly not touching it, her eyes glowed a bit in a Deep blue colour while it did.
she bowed, and thanked Hikari for her lesson.
and went.

[Topic left]

Airo Kuroyama

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ai listened to Tanaka-sensei give her final remarks to the class and mentioned some of the different positions in the main branch. Ai took this opportunity to slip back into her mind and think about her own future. What was she good at? Ai racked her brain and couldn't think of one thing in specific, she was good at fighting, talking to people, running, that was about it. Nothing Tanaka-sensei mentioned particularly caught her attention, except....what's the "Anbu"? Ai thought her curiosity suddenly peaked. She decided not mention the question in the interest of time and instead would visit Bibliotheca Conscientiae later and research the subject. Airo quickly tuned back into reality as Tanaka-sensei was giving commendations and helpful tips and corrections. Ai didn't hear her name, but then again she had already noted her acting out the scenario.

Ai began thinking about the sub-branch of the main branch that had caught her eye, diplomatic corps. Interacting with foreign dignitaries and officials, she'd proabably been to all the places they would be visiting from. It would kind of make sense for her, but seemed kinda boring. There would probably be alot of paperwork and desk work, that thought didn't particularly interest Ai, but it was always an option. Ai put her notebook neatly back into her bag and returned her pencil to it's respective place in a sub pocket. The class began streaming out and Ai followed suit, throwing her bag over her shoulder and making for the door.

{Topic Left}
[MFT - 250]

Kumori

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The class was over. It had taken quite a while, and for Miko it felt even longer than it had really been. Diplomacy was not his strength, in fact – it was his weakness. He could not help but get mad at anything that went against his will, and he could not help but hate those who did it on purpose.

Hikari began by commending Jun, telling him that he’d do well in the diplomatic corps. Then it was Miko, and while he didn’t actually believe anything she said, he appreciated the recommendations she gave. He hadn’t the slightest idea of where to go, before this class, and now he at least had two options. ANBU sounded like a nice deal, and since the event at the forest where he met Doku, he wanted to know more about them; though – he didn’t like the idea of hiding in the shadows. Miko wanted to show off, he wanted the world to know his name, and ANBU wasn’t the best choice for that. For the moment, it didn’t matter much, he was still young, and before anything – he needed more training. The Merces Letifer was likely a better choice.

Miko didn’t have any questions for her; in fact, the only person he wanted to interrogate was that Masaru guy.

“What the hell is up with him? Who is he anyways?” – Miko didn’t like the guy. It wasn’t for any specific reason, he just felt repelled to him, and he felt jealous of all the attention he was getting. He would make sure to find out more about him before the Genin Exam.

Jun, in contrast to Miko, was just sitting silently and staring forward for a while. After the class was over, he stood up, always quietly, glanced at Miko and said: “Alright then, time to go.” – He looked at Hikari and bowed in respect. – “Thank you for the class.” Then they left together.

Hotaka Kyo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kyo listened to the answer that the Instructor provided to Yukiko, she explained that military intelligence was headed by the spymaster, that she was in charge of spreading rumors, watching others and general information gathering for the military, then she spoke of Deathwatch, they were the watchers of the walls, first line of defense and that those that serve the Deathwatch would be those that respond to gate calls. She said that few dedicated their life to it, but like academy teachers many helped with it on their own time. She then spoke of Merces Letifer, she said that they were not generally amongst the public domain, that they were those that shaped things away from the public’s eye. They were responsible for unconventional threats to the village rather than things like missing-nin most of the time. It was then she addressed his own statement and question, she said that they were still a division under the domain of the Main Branch Sennin, or in other words here, the same as Deathwatch is. It supposedly ranked comparatively amongst the other three areas even if it was diminished, “I don’t know about that, with being so shorthanded it must limit their actions a great deal.” She said that the main branch was always recruiting and that was why they were the most populous branch, Kumogakure’s best defense and then admitted her ignorance of the workings of the other two branches, though Kyo was not interested in the medical branch in any case. She then asked for his source of information, he would have to answer carefully as well as truthfully, it wouldn’t do to have the Main Branch Sennin as an enemy so young into one’s career, “I watch, I listen and I read. The information is there if one goes looking for it, the Bibliotheca Conscientiae held a wealth of knowledge for those that knew how to look, and for those that could read the ancient languages even more so than those that don’t.” Of course Classical was completely out of his reach, but he was coming along well enough in his Vulgar that it helped expand his potential pool of knowledge a great deal. She then told them that it was the end of the class and that they should have a basic understanding of etiquette and social survival, knowledge of the resources available to them and information on the potential career choices. She is said if she had more time with them that she would give them more personalized recommendations, but as it stood she still provided them with where she felt their talents lied. First was Jun, who she wished to go into the diplomatic corps, then Miko whom she suggested ANBU or Merces as he was a hammer rather than a shear. Yukiko was to head for Military Intelligence, and she would even send a personalized recommendation for her even if she needed to work on her speaking abilities, which she said with a smile. Then it came time for his recommendations, she said she did not know him as well and that he was not kin, “So Yukiko is Tanaka as well then? Or at least a blood relative, this is good to know.” He thought to himself as the listened to her compliment his mind and training. She suggested Merces or the Deathwatch’s crime and punishment division, the latter of which she had already said that few would devote themselves to. Then it was time to move on to Masaru, the note taker, and the one willing to allow others to see him improve himself. She said she wanted him to see her after class, that he had made quite the impression her and that she had a position that would fit him very well and was something that she had been given as a Genin. “A Shima eh? Well that is something else to look into, always worth attending these classes just to get more information on my fellow students.” He thought to himself as Hikari asked if they had any more questions and told them if they did not to bring their papers as the class was finished, she would have their grades posted by the end of the night.

Kyo made the conscious decision to be the last of the class to leave, so that he could watch the others some more before he left with his bedraggled self. The first to move was Masaru, though he hadn’t taken notes on what she had just said he appeared to be ready to leave. Kyo had noticed that he had looked at him while he had spoken earlier, though he had quickly turned his attention back to the instructor at the time. He was polite and thanked the instructor as he handed in his papers, but not before separating the notes he had taken. It was then Yukiko’s turn, she had said that it would be great if the woman would send her recommendation and good word, she listened and was quite for the rest of the class before leaving with a simple bow and thanks for the lesson. At this point it was Kuroyama who moved next, she seemed to have perked up at the mention of the ANBU, though she asked no questions on it, Hikari hadn’t mentioned the girl at all in her recommendations, which meant that she was forgettable and possibly good for military intelligence or Merces, as those could use that to their advantage easily. The girl packed her things neatly and carefully before she made her exit, though she did not speak to the instructor and think her as the others had before her. “Interesting.” He thought to himself before turning his attention to Miko and Jun, they sat quietly through the questioning, answering and the leaving of the other students before Jun stood and announced it was time to go, he bowed respectfully to Hikari, thanked her for the class and then they both left. That left just Kyo in the classroom with Hikari, and it meant it was his time to leave. Kyo stood favoring his injuries a bit more than perhaps he needed, he took the papers he had written for the class in one hand and moved to the desk with him, he presented them to Hikari and gave a small bow, “Thank you for allowing me to attend the class late and for your time, it is rare to see important figures working with the academy students these days.” He spoke to her before he turned and followed suit with the other students, he needed more information, while he was seriously considering the ANBU after the encounter with Doku, he wasn’t entirely sure it was for him, not with all the choices laid out in front of him, especially with the knowledge that if he left the ANBU as an AiT he would be left with no chance to rejoin them. He knew he had no interest in the medical corps, but that still left other viable choices for him in the main branch to contend with ANBU, he would need to do more research, possibly approach someone from the branches and speak to them about it. At the very least he would learn more than he knew now, and an informed decision was always a better one than one made on a whim.

Yukari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As the students left, each bowing, Hikari, remembered one name she hadn't mentioned. Kyo was, by this time, the only one left in the classroom. "You're welcome." She said, "It's a privilege to meet so many bright young minds." She followed him out and looked down the hallway. The Airo girl was gone. "Damn." She said going back to her desk, and taking out a sheet, she began writing.
The Commendation said:
Airo Kuroyama

I realized after you'd already gone, that I had not given you my recommendation. I apologize, because I see great talent in you, and had been considering where you might go. Here are my recommendations: As you have a fine mind, and a smooth tongue, that is, you took to the etiquette lesson very well, I believe you would do very well in the Diplomatic corps, and also in the more public side of Military intelligence. I believe you will do very well wherever you choose to go, whether it be Main, Anbu, or medical, and you may request that I send a letter of recommendation to your chosen branch, or if you choose Main, your chosen division.

You passed the class with flying colors. Good work.

Once more, I apologize for leaving you out in front of your peers, it was not intentional, and should in no way reflect on your skills, or their merit.

Tanaka Hikari
Sennin

Hikari finished penning the letter, and immediately sent it off to her residence. It would meet her at home. "That was a good class, wasn't it Kariku?" She asked, noticing that the cub had fallen asleep near the door. "Well, I need to read over their responses, and grade them, then we can go home, so... you can just keep napping." She nodded, going back to her work.

A while later. she would post their grades outside the classroom, scoop up the bear cub, and head home.

[Sorry to Airo, for leaving her out, Hikari sent your recommendation to your home. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. You all did well.]

[MFT 250+]
[also topic left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back