Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

[Open] The Stranger

Santaru Rin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC said:
Open to anyone! I've been keeping busy but am desperately desirous of a roleplay free for all, should anyone feel like dogpiling in. Moreover, everyone I had an appointment with is inactive! 8D

Rin rested quietly on the lip of the marble fountain which was the center of the square. The water which coursed through the fountain during the warm months was all gone during the season of ice, all the better to avoid bursting pipes and destroying statuary and yadda yadda, but the quietus always had a sort of disappointing effect. Right now, the square was grimy with salt- and soil-greyed snow piled up around the periphery, heaped in alleys, or humped up in what might have been snowmen before the weather briefly warmed during the prior week.

She had gained something of a reputation for perpetually working, either in the shadows of the Torre or in the depthy deeps of the unknowable ANBU HQ. Even the Sennin, though, appreciated the necessity of a break. In a reading, in a piece of poetry or prose, it might be called a caesura--the pause, the indrawn breath. The halt was a psychological necessity. Just like sleep, it refreshed the mind, spirit, and body. She did not want to turn into some hunch-backed creature, myopic from reading, ink-stained from scribbling. So on this day, she had emerged again and laid down her labors.

At first she had thought perhaps to have fun. But she hadn't really planned, and spontaneity seemed more like a thing for violence (physical or reputational) and thus too much like work. Instead, she had picked up a loaf of bread, a steaming beverage of dubious provenance, and now sat at the fountain, tossing small chunks at the ever-present doves and watching them do whatever passed for competitive food dance among sky-rats.

Today's clear, at any rate, and sunny. The weather had taken a turn for the better for once. The usual mist, fog, and cloud layers which engulfed the village had burned away in the noontime sun. Wherever the light hit was warm--obviously that meant avoiding shadows cast by buildings. Whoever the hell thought of busting up a perfectly good sun line with buildings was a damn nut. The Torre itself cast its shadow over the buildings at this time of day, rather than the square. It was just as well. Having that shadow over the heart of the village was probably too detrimental to morale.

Rin's mind traveled these well-worn trivial ruts in an effort to not loop back to work. Civil strife would still be around for her inevitable retreat to a tactical operations center. She had even eschewed the identifying ANBU gear and dressed warmly in dark robes instead. A fur-lined hood pulled up around her head vented her breath in a monodirectional stream. Sometimes, she tried to exhale O's, but never quite managed the trick.

Yukari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The first day of sunshine after so long in the gloom of the storm came upon Kumo, and snatched the focus of one Tanaka Hikari, from anything that might resemble studying. She usually spent a lot of time in the library, reading- more like devouring- as much information as she could find and comprehend. She talked herself into the belief that on such a day as today, she deserved to be out in the world. Training, writing, reading, could all wait. So, she trotted off into the city. It was colder than the girl had expected, but her quick pace warmed her, so she didn't miss the jacket she'd promised her mother she would wear during the winter months.

She reached the plaza at a trot, and smiled up at the sun. It was cold in the shade of the buildings. So cold that she had decided to walk the rooftops instead of the streets. "So nice up here in the sunshine." She murmured to herself sitting on the edge of a roof. She liked to people watch. "Everyone has a story." She would tell herself, singling one person out of the crowd before telling a story for that person. "So, who today?" She asked herself. Shop keepers mostly abounded in the square. A woman she had long ago decided walked with a limp because of a terrible accident involving a summer squash and a giant slug raced through a cloud of doves to retrieve her son, who was pestering a baker for sweets. A man with a strange hairstyle bowed to an old woman who, so Hikari's story told, had begun building a super cake making machine in her youth, only to have it backfire upon her, leaving her clothing permanently soiled. Around the time that woman walked past the center of the plaza, Hikari noticed someone sitting at the fountain.

The lady looked familiar, but Hikari couldn't think of where she might have seen the woman, so she waved curiously, though vigorously. If the lady waved back, maybe they knew each other. After a moment, Hikari got up and slipped down to the ground, and made her approach. She was a very friendly girl, and the lady looked lonely, or at the very least, extremely bored.

Kaoru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kaoru waltzed into the square, basket in hand, enjoying the ,surprisingly, warm winter air. She ,had been enjoying a day shopping, an anctivity she rarely ever participated in. It was extremely cold within the shade, so Kaoru decided to walk in the center of the road. The pale blue dress she wore seemed to shine in the sunlight. In the middle of the square was the famed fountain. Kaoru walked around it and she saw her friend Hikari chan, Kaoru shouted "Hi there Hikari chan" as she waved hello, but the redhead seemed to be preoccupied. Kaoru walked closer and saw that Hikari chan had confronted a lady. Who seemed to be enjoying a day off. Kaoru never really liked to just go up to people and talk to them, but she knew that she couldn't stay unsociable forever. She slowly walked up to her companion and the stranger and said in a calm voice " Hello there, wonderful weather we're having isn't it?" Kaoru threw on a cheerful smile to the stranger and Hikari chan.

Izumi Kuma

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The day was beautiful and the air was fresh, as Kuma and Inna walked through the plaza. His grandparents told him to go and enjoy the day with Inna and not to come back without a story to tell. He loved his grandparents so much. Inna was on Kuma's back looking at the markets of food that they past. The smell of fresh bread caught her attention, but Kuma continued to walk on. Kuma was looking for someone to talk to or at least someone he knew that he could possibly bump into. "Inna, I think today is a wonderful day. Don't you think?" Kuma asked Inna. Inna made a couple of grunt noises to acknowledge. People passed the two, as they made their way to the fountain. Kuma was taken there by his parents when he was really young, but hasn't seen it since their passing.

As the two finally came out of the crowd, Kuma saw two classmates, Hikari and Kaoru. They both were in the etiquette class. Kuma smiled then pointed while saying, "Look Inna, it's Hikari chan and Kaoru chan. It looks like they are talking to a stranger. Would you like to catch up with them, Inna?" Inna gave a thumbs up, she enjoyed seeing friends. Kuma began to make his way to the three at the fountain. He know had a story to go home and tell.

"Hello, Hikari chan and Kaoru chan!" Kuma said with a wave and a smile, "How have you two been? I am sorry I haven't been in any classes lately. My grandparents kept me busy staying at home." Kuma then looked at the stranger, who was sitting on the side of the fountain. "Oh, how rude of me. My name is Izumi Kuma and this is my best friend and loyal companion, Inna." Kuma said with a bow that he learned etiquette class. He came out of the bow waiting and hoping for a reply from the stranger.

Santaru Rin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
One of the doves had wandered to the edge of the flock to peck at a piece of bread which had escaped the ravenous, reptilian attentions of the other skyrats. One of the most puffed-up, darkest doves waddled after it, and as it reached the smaller bird, began pushing it aside. The smaller dove perservered in pecking at the breadcrumb, though, and so the larger began pecking at it. Within moments, the smaller had retreated to the sky. Rin tracked it, only to see a redhead waving from a rooftop. Uncertain of the greeting's target, she waved back after a second of hesitation.

The person--a smallish girl, once she'd moved out of the sun's glare and padded across the square. Shit, Rin thought. The first rule was to never make eye contact. A second girl intersected the first at the last moment. She named the former Hikari. Familiar. Well, the girl looks kind of familiar... Wish I knew why. Being unable to pin a memory to a face was always an annoying, unsettling experience for the older ANBU.

"Hello there, wonderful weather we're having isn't it?" asked the unnamed one.

"Maa maa... I'd prefer clean snow over grey slush and ice," Rin demurred. She glanced at the girl's basket, curious. Morning was the preferred time for running errands, and late afternoon the best time for a bargain.

A third child trundled up behind the girls. Ye gods, my fate--kindergarten? Oh Raijin, surely you jest, my dear god.

In a moment, though, Rin had a real reason for distress. In the boy's shadow was a young ape. Her heart lurched painfully to the rise of unbidden memories. Oh... She barely heard the boy's joyful hail to the girls.

"Oh, how rude of me. My name is Izumi Kuma and this is my best friend and loyal companion, Inna."

She nodded absently, voice softening as she introduced herself. "Ah... Hajime mashite. I am Santaru Rin." Decades ago, now, she'd known two boys with primate companions. The world had been different, uglier, sharper, though as a girl she had not yet learned that. One was her elder, the other her junior. The former became ANBU before she did, and she'd envied him to the point of hatred. But his mentor had failed him, and she had failed him, and ANBU had failed him. The stain of that blood had never left her hands. The other, her successor and the man who had handed the reins of ANBU back to her mere months ago, and who had all but disappeared. They had all been children together in the fog of war.

"Izumi-kun, you wouldn't happen to be a Hyuuga son?"

Yukari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As she walked to the woman, she noticed Kaoru walking nearby, in one of those cute little dresses the girl always wore. "Hi there Hikari chan" She waved enthusiastically as she shouted her greeting.

Hikari waved back, "Kaoru-chan. Good to see you." She stopped walking, and turned her attention back to the lady at the fountain. "Hello. I'm sorry if you just wanted to be alone, but... I think I know you." She said to the lady. I am Tanaka Hikari." She cocked her head, "You look a lot like-"

Then, a boy approached them, "Hello there, Kuma-kun. Good to see you again. I hope you can return to the academy." She said, "Your grandparents weren't sick, were they?" She asked, immediately jumping to the only thing which might distract her from her training. "I hope all is well." She said, before Kuma introduced himself to the lady.

"Ah... Hajime mashite. I am Santaru Rin." The lady said, absently before asking Kuma if he happened to be "a Hyuuga son". Hikari didn't know if he was, but the name rung a bell.

Hikari brightened, and bounced, "That's why I know you!" She excitedly said as she clapped her hands, "My father used to talk about you, before I came to the academy. You're his aunt." Her excitement at remembering that abated, as she noticed the soft tone that Rin had used. "Santaru sama, are you alright? You seem troubled."

Kaoru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Kaoru-chan. Good to see you" Hikari chan responded, Kaoru was delighted to see her friend again. Hikari chan then turned to the stranger, and stated that she looked familiar, but just then a boy's voice interrupted Hikari's queston. It was Izumi san, a boy from etiquette class. She hadn't seen him since. "Oh long time no see Izumi san" Kaoru said in a sheepish voice " I hope you and your family are doing well" her usual smile spread across her face. When the stranger saw Inna she looked absent minded as if deep in thought. The stranger then introduced her self as Santaru Rin Where have I heard that name? Kaoru questoned herself. Hikari san seemed to know just who this woman is. Santaru sama then asked Izumi san of his lineage, something about being in the Hyuuga family. Kaoru listened, curious as to what they were talking about and Izumi san's answer.

Izumi Kuma

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The stranger that was sitting on the edge of the fountain was named Santaru Rin, she didn't look familiar to Kuma, but he was happy to meet someone new. The girls seemed happy to finally see Kuma and Inna since the last encounter. Hikari said hi and hoped for him to return to the academy, and then asked about his grandparents. "I should be back at the academy soon, i miss learning from the senseis. Oh, and ya my grandparents are okay, they wanted me to stay home and help around the house. My grandfather and I cut wood to keep our house warm." Kuma said to Hikari.

Kaoru hoped for Kuma and his family are doing well, all Kuma could say is, "Thank-you."

Inna then got off of Kuma's back and went to look in the fountain, she knew better not to play in the water, but just seeing her reflection gave her enjoyment. Thats when Santaru Rin asked if Kuma was part of the Hyuuga clan. He thought about it, then replied, "To be honost with you, I am not sure. My family is secretive and don't talk about other family members much. I am sure I will find out soon. I thank you for asking because I now have something to ponder on."

After replying, Kuma went and sat next to Inna, who was still looking into the fountain.

Santaru Rin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ah, Rin knew better than to lapse out of the present like that. Her focus sharpened on the little crowd around her and the dried up fountain. The haze of old regrets retreated obediently like fog burning away beneath a blazing sun. Unlike her old captain, Rin had never been the locus of attention for children; perhaps her severe appearance and lack of lovable dogs deterred the entire species of kid. Still, she'd presided over two of her own rugrats, had small trainees, and even taught a few classes in her time, so she was no odd stranger to the kingdom of children. Those who professed to not "get" kids had always amused her. They, too, had been children at one point, and still possessed all the same social foibles, just couched in more sophisticated ways. Sometimes.

She smiled at Hikari. "Ah. No, I'm fine. So that's the resemblance, then. Yes. You're my... Great-niece. You've got some cousins, you know. One's a med-nin, other's off in Kelmura." Rin decided not to bring up anything else about the family. If the girl didn't know about her great aunt's estrangement, that was for the best. Moreover, it was an inappropriate topic for public discussion. It was kind of warming to know that someone still talked about her. She'd barely known her nephew. Rin smoothed her robe across her lap. The birds had all scattered.

The other girl had quieted, perhaps a bit cowed by Rin's response. Kaoru, Kaoru... When did I hear that name? A recent report, she thought. Maybe something would happen to prod the memory to the surface.

Well, she thought. The three were academy students. Rin could sense their feebly moulded chakra; in time, each of them had the chance to become a true shinobi or kunoichi of Cloud. From their dialect, they were all local children, not ones retrieved by the Academy's special units. "Well, Izumi-kun, best of luck to you. I understand--many of us understand--how strange the ways of clans can seem, even on the inside. I am sure, in time, that you will have all the answers you could wish. Perhaps you will be one of those answers." She laid the heel of the bread she'd been feeding the pidgeons onto the lip of the fountain near the ape. Inna? Was that its name?

Well.

"You are all academy students... How have things been for you? I understand that there was some excitement during the new year festival. You know, when I was at the academy, we didn't have the hell house. Seems like it would have been fun."

Kaoru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Santaru sama seemed to come out her thought and refocused on the group of young ninja. Kaoru looked at Hikari san as Santaru sama discussed certain family members, but she hushed down after two comments. The conversation made Kaoru slightly uncomfortable. All of the individuals within the group had a family except for her. I wonder what my family is like she thought, but quickly waved away the thoughts. Kaoru knew that kind of thinking would only make her cry.

A huge flock of birds flew off at once, a single feather landed in Kaoru's hair. She picked it out her hair and twirled it in her fingers. She smiled, Thats right she thought to herself This is my life, here in the village now, not my lineage. She looked back up at her companions, Santaru sama was staring at Kaoru. Kaoru became slightly flustered, Is there something on my face? she rubbed her hand along her cheek, feeling nothing on her face, Kaoru dismissed the stare.

A moment later she talked to Izumi san, wishing him luck, and encouraging him. Santaru sama then gave the rest of her bread to Inna, who was still sitting at the edge of the fountain.

Santaru sama then turned the conversation toward the new year's festival. Kaoru remebered the incident well. She still wore a few bandages from the cuts under her sleeved dress. She looked over to Hikari san, she probably had the most traumatic experience having almost lost her friend. Kaoru hesitated for a moment, the woman seemed high in rank, but they were instructed to not speak of the beast, but Kaoru realized that Santaru sama probably read a report and knew some information about the Nian. Kaoru looked over to Izumi san then back to Santaru sama. She took a deep breath, and walked over to the fountain. Kaoru leaned over to Santaru sama and said in a hushed voice "We were not allowed to speak about it, but I you read a report right? About the beast that attacked. It was a horrific experience, definitely a "hell night. Luckily no one was hurt." Kaoru got up, her brown hair blew in her face. She was slightly happy to told someone about the monster. Kaoru had had nightmares of the shadow beast killing her, every night since the festival.

Yukari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As Hikari asked if she were alright, Rin seemed to surface from whatever was plaguing her. The older woman smiled at the young girl, who grinned back happily. "Ah. No, I'm fine. So that's the resemblance, then. Yes. You're my... Great-niece. You've got some cousins, you know. One's a med-nin, other's off in Kelmura."

Hikari nodded, "Yeah! I do? How old are they? What are their names? Where's Kelmura-" She stopped talking, "Sorry if I'm asking too many questions... I talk a lot. I just hope they're doing well." She said earnestly. "Just like I hope you're well, Oba-sama."

Hikari turned her attention to the ape, who sat staring into the fountain, "Hello Inna san." She said quietly, so as not to interrupt her great-aunt and Kuma's discussion. "I know you remember me from class, but I never did introduce myself to you. I am Tanaka Hikari." She smiled, and held out a hand.

Then Rin said, "You are all academy students... How have things been for you? I understand that there was some excitement during the new year festival. You know, when I was at the academy, we didn't have the hell house. Seems like it would have been fun."

"Oba-sama, some few of us were promoted after that night." Hikari said, "I, myself, Kaoru, and the others who fought. We were all promoted to Genin. It was... difficult. I assume that you know about it, as you are," she hushed her voice, "Sennin of ANBU," She took a breath, "because the people who came to help... after the incident were of your organization. I hesitate to talk about it, because Sennin Fujinami ordered that we weren't supposed to tell anyone the details..." She scuffed her shoe against the stone of the street. "It was very exciting. I was the only one who wasn't injured in some way."

Santaru Rin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Rin only shook her head. "We can talk about family another time. But Kelmura--well, you may want to learn more about Kaminari no Kuni's satellite states and those we sponsor. It's important to understand the politics which will affect your career."

She leaned forward to allow Kaoru to whisper more discreetly. Her long, grey hair fell forward a little, veiling them both from prying eyes.

"Yes, so you must be," that orphan, "Kaoru, and Tanaka Hikari of course, and, hm, there were a few others. I know two of you were recently accepted as medical trainees." Rin tilted her head slightly. "Congratulations on the occasion of your promotion." She decided to say nothing of mentioning the report when they'd been ordered otherwise--there was time to learn the ins and outs of protocol, and frankly, she rather enjoyed it when Souseiki's charges tattled.

"Kaoru-chan, I hear that you were literally armed to the teeth. I like that kind of preparation in a kunoichi. I have to say, the blanket fort was a stroke of genius. And Hikari, am I to understand that of your cadre, you alone came away whole? Such skill--or luck." The Sennin looked the two girls over once more, obviously weighing them against some purpose.

Well, she'd starred a few names on the lists which had passed her desk lately. Why not save herself a little time and effort? This wasn't too much different from the older methods of apprenticing, and happily did not feature extreme rendition.

"I could use some fresh blood in the ANBU. Consider it."

The boy hadn't been on any of those lists so far, but everyone knew the saying: You had to be in it to win. Santaru Rin smoothed her robe once again. Some frost had begun to collect on the outermost hairs of her fur-lined hood.

Izumi Kuma

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kuma was wished luck on finding out his clan heritage, then watched Santaru-sama put the heel of the bread next to Inna. Inna didn't give it much attention, but finally pulled her attention to the group to listen in on what was being said. Santaru-sama mentioned that the three were all academy students and asked how things have been for them. Kuma notice Kaoru walk over and bend down to whisper something into Santaru-sama's ear. He kept quiet on asking any questions that he may not have any knowledge on.

Santaru-sama mentioned that Hikari was her great niece and having a cousin as a med-nin and another off some where else. Once this was said Hikari began to ask a lot of questions, to Kuma he knew that she was just happy to meet someone in the family. Hikari then spoke to Inna, saying that Inna may remember her from the first class she was in, and greeting her with Hikari's name and a hand. Inna gladly took Hikari's hand and shook it with a smile, and then made some primal sounds to Hikari.

"Inna says nice to meet you and that she does remember you from class. She is happy to finally know your name and will gladly be your friend." Kuma explained to Hikari, after Santaru-sama finished her luck speech. "How have you been Hikari? Are you a genin now?" He continued with wonder.

Then Santaru-sama congratulated both Hikari and Kaoru for their promotions. Plus congratulating them on how they got promoted, something having to do with fighting. Kuma figured it was a class on fighting. Santaru-sama then said, "I could use some fresh blood in the ANBU. Consider it."

Kuma thought about what he wanted to do, "Should I be in the ANBU, a med-nin, or in the Main Branch? Dad was in the Main Branch, but mom was a Med-nin. Hmmmm.....tough choice."

He came out of his thoughts and asked Santaru-sama, "If I be so kindly to ask, Santaru-sama. Exactly what does the ANBU do? My father was part of the Main Branch, but my mother was a med-nin. Both are gone now, killed by bandits. I would like some information on the ANBU, or any information on the other two as well. If you don't mind explaining." He hopes he can get some answers before he becomes a genin and chooses which way to go.

Kaoru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kaoru looked over to Hikari san as she bombarded Santaru sama with queestons about the family. Another pang of sorrow hits Kaoru's heart. Hiakri spoke to Inna, Izui's pet, and introduced herself. Izumi san translated Inna's little whimpers. Hikari san then answered Santaru sama's queston, quite awkwardly as she stubbed her foot in the pavement. Santaru sama mentioned something abot some student becoming medical trainees Wow! Kaoru thought I wonder who they are? Koru blushed slightly when the senior ninja praised her and Hikari san about the battle, yet pride still filled her chest. Santaru sama made the remark that there needed to be new ANBU. hmm ANBU Kaoru had heard of them from her guardian when he was still alive. Assassis or special operatives I believe is what they are Kaoru thought to herself that seemed to be a promising future. She was about to ask Santaru sama about them and how to become a trainee, but before she could open her mouth, Izumi san came out with a multitude of questons and information of his lost parents. Kaoru somehow felt a similarity between her and Izumi san in the sense they both had lost family. She waited patiently for Santaru sama's answer.

Yukari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Inna made some ape noises, which Kuma kindly explained, as a greeting, and proffered friendship. The genin accepted

Hikari nodded, accepting the chastisement with the resolve to rectify her missing knowledge. "Of course." She smiled. making a mental note to do so, but not responding further. It went without saying, that she would do as her aunt advised. She grinned as Rin congratulated them on being promoted, "Thank you, Oba-sama."

Rin had leaned forward so that they could speak together in relative privacy, then, proving she had indeed known about the events of Hell night, she spoke about what Kaoru being armed so well, and the blanket fort, which had kept the junior student from drawing more attention to himself, congratulating the girl on her plan. Hikari nodded to Kaoru, agreeing that it had been a fine plan. Then the older woman turned to Hikari, saying her piece. Hikari bowed, "It is true... Some people say they would rather be lucky than skilled. I would prefer to conclude skill, but a healthy dose of luck should not be underestimated." She shrugged, "I have been trained well, and I was exceptionally fortunate, but in my experience, nothing is as simple as only one or the other."

Rin paused clearly thinking of something before coming to a decision. ""I could use some fresh blood in the ANBU. Consider it." She said.

Hikari's eyebrows shot up, "ANBU?" They recruited skilled nin for... well, Hikari didn't really know. They were mysterious, and mysterious was often very interesting to the young. Kaoru asked Rin a question about them, and Hikari nodded, hoping to have her curiosity sated somewhat.

Santaru Rin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hikari accepted the pointer with good grace, which was pleasing. At that age, Rin would have probably chafed. Then again, at that age, she had accepted a great deal of what her superiors had dished out. It was only later that she had become more independent and insolent. Let us pray that none of these kids turn into mini-mes.

"If I be so kindly to ask, Santaru-sama. Exactly what does the ANBU do? My father was part of the Main Branch, but my mother was a med-nin. Both are gone now, killed by bandits. I would like some information on the ANBU, or any information on the other two as well. If you don't mind explaining." The boy managed more courtesy than most of her peers at that age, Rin thought approvingly. If Izumi could be so diplomatic in the vast majority of his social dealings, he'd have a decent career, perhaps even stellar, ahead of him regardless of the branch he chose.

Somewhat surprisingly, given her previous forwardness, Kaoru remained silent, deferring to her un-ranked classmate. You're a Genin, girl, speak up, Rin thought.

"ANBU?" Hikari echoed. The three seemed to almost loom over the older Sennin, eyes flashing red in their quest for knowledge that might give them a leg up in the future. Such ambition.

"Let's put it this way... The medical branch patches you together, but they're also sadistic and like to take you apart in the pursuit of science. Their Sennin is Isaki Kushin. You are part of the Main Branch, Kaoru-chan, Hikari-chan. The Main Branch makes the money--they take on contracts which sustain our village, but also run the Academy and have taken on more day to day security roles in the village. Their Sennin is Fujinami Souseiki, who is also your Headmaster, Kuma-kun. The ANBU are, as the name says, a special tactics and assassinations unit. Our responsibility is the security of the village, the protection of the Raikage, and so on. You see us at the Gates and at the Torre Celeste. Think of us as gardeners with very sharp shears."

Kaoru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Santaru sama gave a disappointed look to Kaoru as she remained quiet and allowed Izumi san to ask the questons. Hikari san's voice trailed off at the end by saying "ANBU..." Santaru sama gave an in depth yet simple description of all of the departments including the Sennin in charge and their duties. Hearing the information made Kaoru thinkWow there is more information than I thought even with this thought, Kaoru was still immensely interested in the ANBU. "Umm Santaru sama she began out slowly "What do you think are the chances that I may be accepted into the ANBU. Kaoru tried to sound confident but afraid that the request was too selfesh, she piped down. She stood there in silence, clenching her basket in front of her body. A chilly breeze caused the sleeve on her ddress to move, revealing the blood stained bandages, then quickly becoming covered again.
[OOC] I'm sorry its so bad lately things have been crazy with school -_-

Santaru Rin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Well," Rin replied, pretending to think it over. "We'd need to have a private talk, you and I, and I might ask you to do a task to see how you perform. Like a Genin exam might have been, except rather different from the normal Genin exam. You were already promoted for demonstrating your skill and courage and as a weight against your promised discretion. We want would see what else there is to see in you. Many things go into the making of a ninja, and into the making of an ANBU. Becoming an ANBU trainee is a challenge, but becoming a full ANBU is much harder," she told Kaoru. Unbeknownst to the fresh-faced Genin, she had already been marked out as a trainee candidate--and Rin was interested to see if the little kunoichi had what it took to succeed in the seedier service of Cloud. The girl's character, how she made decisions, her instincts under pressure... All of these things and more had to be looked at.

Kaoru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sataru sama seemed to think over her answer for a moment, after a few minutes of silence she spoke. She said that she and Kaoru would need to have private talk and that Kaoru would have to take an exam unlike the traditional ones for Genin. Santaru sama also said that becoming a trainee would be difficult but becoming an ANBU would be more so. Kaoru felt nervous yet excited at the same time. Her free hand wet over sleeve that covered her bandages "Yes, I will try my best" she said in a whisper. Kaoru's mind was soon filled with scenarios on what kind of test it could be. My future is ahead of me she thought.

Yukari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Gardeners. Hikari chuckled. They trimmed back the bad branches, to let the village flourish. It didn't sound bad, but Hikari wanted to travel. Meanwhile Kaoru seemed to be enchanted by the idea. Hikari smiled at the girl.

Sweet as sugar, that one. She thought. "I had thought you wanted to be a mednin, Kaoru-chan. Remember when we met the Raikage?" Hikari looked to Rin, "That was a while ago, in the library, I was reading up on poisons when I was joined first by Shinrya san, who only stayed for a bit, then Kaoru chan and finally the Raikage." She explained, so as not to exclude her aunt. "Kaoru, didn't you say you already knew some medical skills?" Hikari then turned back to Rin and told her, :I don't think that ANBU is right for me, but I am honored to have been considered." She felt somehow that there was something else in store for her. The conviction she felt went beyond a mere inclination otherwise. Then she began to wonder, "So... does ANBU often recruit this way? So publicly...?" Hikari wondered aloud, "I have never heard of such a thing, from fellow genin." She said, though she'd not been a genin long, so never having heard of such a thing from a fellow genin mightn't count for much.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back