Opportunist

Ninpocho Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 15, 2013
Yen
ASP
Opportunist

Opportunists are those who take advantage of every mistake their opponents make - and every good situation they find themselves in. Opportunists care little about honor and have no delusions about war - they fight to survive, and will resort to any means necessary to ensure they are the last ones standing.

Sneak Attack - Passive (3 points)
Restriction- C Rank and up
Many honor-bound fighters will make sure that their opponent is ready and aware before beginning a fight. Not so with the Opportunist. A turned back is an open target for them, a chance they don’t dare pass up.
Effect: All the user's attacks have a 10% chance of being a Sneak Attack. All Sneak attacks gain +1 Critical and deal x2.5 damage upon a Critical hit; this does not stack with other critical damage modifiers.

Shadow Step - Passive (2 points)
Embracing the shadows, opportunists are adept in the art of covert fighting. They remain hidden from their victims until the moment they strike and even then leave their victims wondering where the attacker came from...and where they went.
Effect: The user has a 30% chance at remaining in Stealth after performing a Sneak Attack. Once per round, the user may make a Sneak Attack without being dropped out of Stealth; this may only be done three times per battle.

Counterattack - Passive (3 points)
Restriction- B Rank and up
Whenever an enemy misses a swing of the sword or a thrust of the fist, they overextend slightly and leave an opening. In this opening is the chance to strike back and change the course of battle.
Effect: Whenever the opponent misses a melee attack on the user (melee taijutsu included; they may only counter once per jutsu), the user may counterattack with their current equipped weapon dealing Basic Strike Damage at no cost. This has no limit.

Enhanced Counter - Ability Modification (2 points)
Restriction- C Rank and up, requires Deflection
While many skilled ninja can deflect attacks, only an Opportunist sees the opening that an enemy leaves and can take advantage of it. A ninja with this skill can catch and throw back projectiles at a surprising speed.
Effect: The Deflection ability now applies to Jutsu up to A rank, gains an additional +5% chance of activating, and no longer has an Accuracy penalty when using the special action. Additionally, If the special action is used upon an attack using Ranged accuracy successfully, the user is able to deflect it towards a different target at -3 Accuracy and 70% damage.

Sniper - Ability Modification (2 points)
Restriction- Requires Called Shot
When attacking an enemy by surprise, they cannot react, cannot cover their weaknesses. In that moment, it is extremely easy to hit vital areas. Taking advantage of this, an Opportunist can hit any chosen area with surprising ease.
Effect: When making called shots while in Stealth mode, The user suffers no accuracy penalty.

Crippling Strike - Dependent Special Move (3 points)
Don't turn your back on an Opportunist. They'll only take advantage of it and hit you hard. Very hard. They don't care about fighting fair, and this technique is one of their most surprising to be caught in.
Effect: While in Stealth, the user may allow a Taijutsu to bypass Damage Reduction and Barriers. If performed against a clone, this has a 60% chance at dispelling the clone. This may only be done once per round.

Slippery Mind - Passive (3 points)
As used to their own tricks as they are, it's very difficult to fool an Opportunist with other tricks and illusions. So, too, is it more difficult to put them under Genjutsu than the average ninja.
Effect: +2 to Genjutsu Save and awareness rolls.

Feint - Dependent Special Move (2 points)
Sometimes a fast attack isn't always the best attack. An Opportunist can prime themselves to strike at exactly the right moment for maximum effect.
Effect: The user may add a stealth check to one of their melee attacks; if successful, it is treated as a Sneak Attack, otherwise it is used normally. This may only be done once per round successfully.

Combat Roll - Independent Special Move (3 points)
A true Opportunist can turn a life-threatening situation into a potential win with a simple movement. The risk involved is only part of the fun--and, of course, the deception.
Effect: The user gains +3 Dodge to the next attack aimed at them. Should they dodge, they may immediately strike the attacker at +1 Accuracy and +10% Damage. If they Are hit, they take +15% Damage and a partial hit is treated as full. Multi-hitting jutsu must inflict at least more the 50% of its maximum damage.

Quick Step - Boost (1 point)
Restriction- Can be purchased up to three times
Opportunists have mastered the art of precision attacking, knowing just when and how to catch the opponent off-guard with their attacks. It is very difficult into tricking one with your movements, masters as they are in the art of it already.
Effect: +1 accuracy

Weapon Break - Passive (2 points)
Restriction - C Rank and up
Utilizing weapons against an Opportunist can be terrifying as each failed attempt to hit them only presents an opening and as such, Opportunists can continue to wait for the right moment to grab all those openings at once in an attempt to break the weapon in one go.

Effect: Each time an opponent misses the user with a Taijutsu-based attack the user's next Called Shot: Weapon against that target gains +2 Accuracy. This effect stacks up to three times and lasts until the user makes a Called Shot: Weapon.

Notes:
- Weapon Break's Accuracy Bonus effect only applies to the weapon which the user currently has equipped when it is applied. If the user ceases to be wielding that weapon for any reason (un-equip, drop or swaps weapons) then the effect is immediately lost.

Flash Counter - A-Rank Variable Taijutsu (1 point, 1 to rank up)
Restriction- A-Rank and Up
This jutsu is the ultimate counterattack; defensive and offensive at the same time, leaving no openings and at the same time exploiting all of the enemy’s openings. In the blink of an eye, the user can evade any attack and appear behind the enemy, attacking immediately with utter impunity.
Rank 1: The user automatically dodges the next attack directed at them and appears behind the attacker. The user may then strike with 4 Basic Strikes or attack with any E-D Taijutsu for .5 AP less. These attacks count as sneak attacks, and cannot be countered, detected, or auto-dodged.
Rank 2: The user automatically dodges the next attack directed at them and appears behind the attacker. The user may then strike with 6 Basic Strikes or attack with any E-C Taijutsu for 1 AP less. These attacks count as sneak attacks, and cannot be countered, detected, or auto-dodged.
Cost: 2,500 Cp; 2.5 AP
Notes: This may only be used once a round, and may be used as a Reactionary.

Ninpocho Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 15, 2013
Yen
ASP
Code:
[b][u]Opportunist[/u][/b]
[img]http://www.Ninpocho.com/images/BattleSystem/CoreAbilities/QuickLearner.jpg[/img]
[quote]Opportunists are those who take advantage of every mistake their opponents make - and every good situation they find themselves in. Opportunists care little about honor and have no delusions about war - they fight to survive, and will resort to any means necessary to ensure they are the last ones standing. 

[b][u]Sneak Attack[/u][/b] - Passive (3 points)
[i]Restriction-[/i] C Rank and up
Many honor-bound fighters will make sure that their opponent is ready and aware before beginning a fight. Not so with the Opportunist. A turned back is an open target for them, a chance they don’t dare pass up.
[b]Effect:[/b] All the user's attacks have a 10% chance of being a Sneak Attack. All Sneak attacks gain +1 Critical and deal x2.5 damage upon a Critical hit; this does not stack with other critical damage modifiers.

[b][u]Shadow Step[/u][/b] - Passive (2 points)
Embracing the shadows, opportunists are adept in the art of covert fighting. They remain hidden from their victims until the moment they strike and even then leave their victims wondering where the attacker came from...and where they went. 
[b]Effect:[/b] The user has a 30% chance at remaining in Stealth after performing a Sneak Attack. Once per round, the user may make a Sneak Attack without being dropped out of Stealth; this may only be done three times per battle.

[b][u]Counterattack[/u][/b] - Passive (3 points)
[i]Restriction-[/i] B Rank and up
Whenever an enemy misses a swing of the sword or a thrust of the fist, they overextend slightly and leave an opening. In this opening is the chance to strike back and change the course of battle.
[b]Effect:[/b] Whenever the opponent misses a melee attack on the user (melee taijutsu included; they may only counter once per jutsu), the user may counterattack with their current equipped weapon dealing Basic Strike Damage at no cost. This has no limit.

[b][u]Enhanced Counter[/u][/b] - Ability Modification (2 points)
[i]Restriction-[/i] C Rank and up, requires Deflection
While many skilled ninja can deflect attacks, only an Opportunist sees the opening that an enemy leaves and can take advantage of it. A ninja with this skill can catch and throw back projectiles at a surprising speed. 
[b]Effect:[/b] The [i]Deflection[/i] ability now applies to Jutsu up to A rank, gains an additional +5% chance of activating, and no longer has an Accuracy penalty when using the special action. Additionally, If the special action is used upon an attack using Ranged accuracy successfully, the user is able to deflect it towards a different target at -3 Accuracy and 70% damage. 

[b][u]Sniper[/u][/b] - Ability Modification (2 points)
[i]Restriction-[/i] Requires Called Shot
When attacking an enemy by surprise, they cannot react, cannot cover their weaknesses. In that moment, it is extremely easy to hit vital areas. Taking advantage of this, an Opportunist can hit any chosen area with surprising ease.
[b]Effect:[/b] When making called shots while in Stealth mode, The user suffers no accuracy penalty.

[b][u]Crippling Strike[/u][/b] - Dependent Special Move (3 points)
Don't turn your back on an Opportunist. They'll only take advantage of it and hit you hard. Very hard. They don't care about fighting fair, and this technique is one of their most surprising to be caught in.
[b]Effect:[/b] While in Stealth, the user may allow a Taijutsu to bypass Damage Reduction and Barriers. If performed against a clone, this has a 60% chance at dispelling the clone. This may only be done once per round.

[b][u]Slippery Mind[/u][/b] - Passive (3 points)
As used to their own tricks as they are, it's very difficult to fool an Opportunist with other tricks and illusions. So, too, is it more difficult to put them under Genjutsu than the average ninja.
[b]Effect:[/b] +2 to Genjutsu Save and awareness rolls.

[b][u]Feint[/u][/b] - Dependent Special Move (2 points)
Sometimes a fast attack isn't always the best attack. An Opportunist can prime themselves to strike at exactly the right moment for maximum effect. 
[b]Effect:[/b] The user may add a stealth check to one of their melee attacks; if successful, it is treated as a Sneak Attack, otherwise it is used normally. This may only be done once per round successfully.

[b][u]Combat Roll[/u][/b] - Independent Special Move (3 points)
A true Opportunist can turn a life-threatening situation into a potential win with a simple movement. The risk involved is only part of the fun--and, of course, the deception.
[b]Effect:[/b] The user gains +3 Dodge to the next attack aimed at them. Should they dodge, they may immediately strike the attacker at +1 Accuracy and +10% Damage. If they Are hit, they take +15% Damage and a partial hit is treated as full. Multi-hitting jutsu must inflict at least more the 50% of its maximum damage.

[b][u]Quick Step[/u][/b] - Boost (1 point)
[i]Restriction-[/i] Can be purchased up to three times
Opportunists have mastered the art of precision attacking, knowing just when and how to catch the opponent off-guard with their attacks. It is very difficult into tricking one with your movements, masters as they are in the art of it already.
[b]Effect:[/b] +1 accuracy

[u][b]Weapon Break[/b][/u] - Passive (2 points)
[i]Restriction[/i] - C Rank and up
Utilizing weapons against an Opportunist can be terrifying as each failed attempt to hit them only presents an opening and as such, Opportunists can continue to wait for the right moment to grab all those openings at once in an attempt to break the weapon in one go.

[b]Effect:[/b] Each time an opponent misses the user with a Taijutsu-based attack the user's next [i]Called Shot: Weapon[/i] against that target gains +2 Accuracy.  This effect stacks up to three times and lasts until the user makes a [i]Called Shot: Weapon[/i].

[i]Notes:[/i]
- [i]Weapon Break's[/i] Accuracy Bonus effect only applies to the weapon which the user currently has equipped when it is applied.  If the user ceases to be wielding that weapon for any reason (un-equip, drop or swaps weapons) then the effect is immediately lost.

[b][u]Flash Counter[/u][/b] - A-Rank Variable Taijutsu (1 point, 1 to rank up)
[i]Restriction-[/i] A-Rank and Up
This jutsu is the ultimate counterattack; defensive and offensive at the same time, leaving no openings and at the same time exploiting all of the enemy’s openings. In the blink of an eye, the user can evade any attack and appear behind the enemy, attacking immediately with utter impunity.
[b]Rank 1:[/b] The user automatically dodges the next attack directed at them and appears behind the attacker. The user may then strike with 4 Basic Strikes or attack with any E-D Taijutsu for .5 AP less. These attacks count as sneak attacks, and cannot be countered, detected, or auto-dodged.
[b]Rank 2:[/b] The user automatically dodges the next attack directed at them and appears behind the attacker. The user may then strike with 6 Basic Strikes or attack with any E-C Taijutsu for 1 AP less. These attacks count as sneak attacks, and cannot be countered, detected, or auto-dodged.
[b]Cost:[/b] 2,500 Cp; 2.5 AP
[i][b]Notes:[/b] This may only be used once a round, and may be used as a Reactionary.[/i][/quote]