Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Phantoms (Requesting ANBU/Roku)

Yen
ASP
Deaths

A teenaged boy paced around his room multiple times, biting his finger. The boy was visibly uneasy, not sure what to do. He had prepared for this moment, took the time he needed to rest and recollect himself. He finally stopped, sighed as he gazed out the small window in his apartment. A week and a half had passed since the interrogation with the infamous pimp, Haku Saburou. Kagari was given instructions by Tenken to consider his options but otherwise was told to knock on the door of the ANBU when he was ready. "Is it really that simple?" He asked out loud as he looked over to the mask that was propped up, like a toy model on a shelf. He took it as a souvenir, to remind him of what happened that day. Becoming an ANBU was one of Kagari's goals, the fact that he had been given a golden opportunity to join was amazing. Taking a step back from his window, he gathered what he was told to bring; a headset tuned to frequency 88, a new mask, and a code name. These were all the things an ANBU needed out in the field. His civilian clothes nor his ninja garb that he usually wore on his mission suited his needs, so he instead put on a new black trench coat he customized himself. The customized part were the tail end of the coat; three long pieces were split at the bottom, adding a little "flare." Underneath he wore a gray protective vest, with inserts inside his coat for Kagari to hide things such as scrolls or weapons. He fitted on his hands two red leather gloves, along with a new mask he made. It looked like something you would wear to a masquerade party; he wasn't sure if Tenken would allow it but Kagari had more depth perception out of this thing rather than the other mask he was given.

Kagari was finally ready, dressed to kill as he looked himself in the mirror. He nodded to himself, "Let's do this." Kagari put on his headset, and tuned to frequency 88. He paused, gathering up his courage he spoke into the mic. "This is..." He paused again. "This is Joker, I will arrive at Base at 0600." He shut off the headset and exited through the fire escape outside his bedroom.

-----------------------------------------

A few minutes later, Kagari found himself again standing outside the Obsidian. Before, he arrived as a genin who unknowingly found himself in the middle of human trafficking. Now, he arrived as one of the people determined to put an end to it. He walked into the prison and navigated himself down the dark hallways trying to find the actual base of the ANBU. While he was told to come down whenever he was ready, he wasn't exactly told where the ANBU headquarters was in the prison. 'This is embarrassing...Lost on my first day.' Finally, he arrived at two metal doors. They looked pretty clean for the obsidian, along with the hallway it was in. While it was dimly lit, it may have been lit that way purposefully. Kagari closed his eyes and focused, putting on his mask; he faded into his new persona (hehe). Knocking on the doors twice, he waited for whoever was behind.

Notes:
WC: 553
MFT

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Episode 1: 'Why So Serious'| ANBU Sennin Arc said:
[col]Letting out a sigh, it would appear Roku was pulling another long night at the Obsidian Palace. At this point he was still pursuing his investigation, which was actually multiple ones that seemed to be funneling back into one another, and working on his designs for the restructure of the prison. There was some work that needed to be done on both fronts, but this new position as Sennin meant he had to sacrifice some of his time being a vigilante.

Then a call came over the comms. Roku would look at item as a familiar voice would begin to speak, before quickly self-correcting to a more disguised tone, to set up a meeting. A smirk would come over his face.

Perfect timing... I needed an extra set of arms.

Roku had been doing his thing for far too long alone, and while he would never fully shake that need to do things on his own, the Sennin position did provide him an outlet to manipulate the game in his favor. Breaking up his investigative work through the corps would allow him to continue to follow threads in his cases without physically doing it all. It seemed leadership came with its perks.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The knocks would send a low echo carrying through the room until the doors began to slowly open. Standing in the threshold was a familiar face for the young shinobi; Tenken. The metallic skull-like mask peered straight through the boy, who was now in full regalia. It seemed Kagari, or more so Joker, had taken pretty basic appearance choices except for his mask. The mask was not all that covering, but it was rather simplistic to say such a thing would not work. Honestly, the thin cover could easily work for hiding one's appearance as it gives a focus point for someone to distract from other features, coupled with the fact that most of his missions would be carried out through the cover of night and require stealth anyways. If someone had the time to recognize his features it means Kagari's efforts were dragging on to long or he had been caught/killed, so that was pretty standard. Tenken was not as prude about appearances, as long as concealment was made, as how the past regime had been to him.

"Joker, is it? It seems you've accepted my offer, good. Now to lay down some final ground rules. You will only be given the time here and now to mull these over, so think carefully. If you wish to enter our ranks you must be prepared to die for the village and/or the mission. If you plan to work for the ANBU you must be prepared to sacrifice all self appraisal from the citizens at large, your accomplishments will never be linked to you in name. If you plan to work for the ANBU you must be prepared to act in accordance to your own decision making skills, with the underlying foundation of "doing whatever is the best for the village". If you plan to work for the ANBU you must be prepared to step out of a world of black and white and embrace a world mired in grey. If you plan to work for the ANBU you must be prepared to live a split life, where you must struggle to find the balance between who you are with the mask on and the mask off... and accepting that failure to do so will crush you mentally. If you plan to work for the ANBU you must be prepared to both save or take a life, in many situations the death of one will be balancing against the lives of many. If you plan to succeed as an ANBU you must be prepared to do whatever it takes. There is a very thin line between good and evil, and we are that line."

The masked head would tilt slightly as there was a pause.

"Do you still wish to walk down this path, Joker?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OOC:

|
[legend="[glow=blue][b][size=5]Tenken[/size][/b][/glow]"]
7b90cce1f4be907312a0ace5db50709f2124b377_hq_zpsuiwnrfai.gif

Rank ANBU Sennin
Epithet: Heavenly Punishment
Height: 6'2"
Build: Lean and Muscular
Blood Type: O Negative
ANBU Data
Stamina: 50,400
Chakra: 31,200
Power Level: 3600 [CL: 15]
Stamina: 600 / 600
Agility: 600 / 600
Ninjutsu: 600 / 600
Taijutsu: 600 / 600
Genjutsu: 600 / 600
Chakra Control: 600 / 600
Fight Data
WiPActionsWiPWeapon EquippedWiPMood MusicWiPMISC X
[/legend]​
[/col]
[/quote]

Yen
ASP
Deaths

After a few seconds of silence, the metal doors began to open slowly; revealing the person behind it. Awaiting him was Tenken, standing there with his metallic skull mask and cloak. 'Is he always wearing that mask and cloak?' Kagari wondered as he waited for the skull man to speak.

"Joker, is it? It seems you've accepted my offer, good. Now to lay down some final ground rules. You will only be given the time here and now to mull these over, so think carefully. If you wish to enter our ranks you must be prepared to die for the village and/or the mission. If you plan to work for the ANBU you must be prepared to sacrifice all self appraisal from the citizens at large, your accomplishments will never be linked to you in name. If you plan to work for the ANBU you must be prepared to act in accordance to your own decision making skills, with the underlying foundation of "doing whatever is the best for the village". If you plan to work for the ANBU you must be prepared to step out of a world of black and white and embrace a world mired in grey. If you plan to work for the ANBU you must be prepared to live a split life, where you must struggle to find the balance between who you are with the mask on and the mask off... and accepting that failure to do so will crush you mentally. If you plan to work for the ANBU you must be prepared to both save or take a life, in many situations the death of one will be balancing against the lives of many. If you plan to succeed as an ANBU you must be prepared to do whatever it takes. There is a very thin line between good and evil, and we are that line."

It was a basic code of conduct that Tenken was instructing, a contract of sorts. The hardships of an ANBU agent would test his very being, his future as a ninja will be a constant battle against both a hidden enemy and his sanity. The world he was stepping to, had no laughing villains or heroic men. It was just filled with people. People who make bad decisions.The normal life he once had would be over, but then again becoming a ninja; you are called to sacrifice whatever life you had for the sake of the village. But now was not a time to back out, Kagari was determined to become ANBU.

"Do you still wish to walk down this path, Joker?" Joker nodded in response, "I do."<i></i>

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Episode 2: 'Go Forth'| ANBU Sennin Arc said:
[col]"Perfect."

His hand would be placed upon the shoulder of Kagari as the red eyes glared down into his own.

"Now, you are a special case. You've stumbled upon some very interesting and terrifying plot that is deeply buried in not only Suna but the greater of Wind Country. I want you to continue to seek out the answers, but first you must earn your place. I want you to complete a week of gate duty (Interact with 2 Gate related threads; does not matter if you allow or deny entry) and look into this matter."

A folder would be produced from his cloak and would be held out for Joker to take.

"This individual... I want them alive and brought here. Don't worry about dropping off for the Mission Master, now that you are operating under my orders you are capable of bringing a retrained prisoner back here. Completion of these two assignments does not guarantee a promotion, but your performance in both will weigh on the decision made. My eyes and ears..."

Suddenly the three masked figures from the end of the Saburou torture session would appear lined up behind Tenken.

"...will be around, keeping track of your performance. Once you've completed both tasks, alert me when your reports (just PM me you are done) and the prisoner are ready. Depending on the assessment, we can fast track putting you out in the field for the investigation you are truly yearning for or... well, do your best."

Once the report (this is the information in the folder) was taken from the Sennin, he would merely stand there and await any questions or responses Joker might have about his two assignments.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OOC:

|
[legend="[glow=blue][b][size=5]Tenken[/size][/b][/glow]"]
7b90cce1f4be907312a0ace5db50709f2124b377_hq_zpsuiwnrfai.gif

Rank ANBU Sennin
Epithet: Heavenly Punishment
Height: 6'2"
Build: Lean and Muscular
Blood Type: O Negative
ANBU Data
Stamina: 50,400
Chakra: 31,200
Power Level: 3600 [CL: 15]
Stamina: 600 / 600
Agility: 600 / 600
Ninjutsu: 600 / 600
Taijutsu: 600 / 600
Genjutsu: 600 / 600
Chakra Control: 600 / 600
Fight Data
WiPActionsWiPWeapon EquippedWiPMood MusicWiPMISC X
[/legend]​
[/col]

Yen
ASP
Deaths

"Perfect."

Kagari saw Tenken walk closer and put his hand on Kagari's shoulder, staring directly into Kagari's eyes. If there ever was a "welcome" ceremony, this was it. Nothing grand or gaudy, just a set of rules to follow and a well, a warning. After Tenken released Kagari's shoulder, he gave Kagari two trials to go through.

"Now, you are a special case. You've stumbled upon some very interesting and terrifying plot that is deeply buried in not only Suna but the greater of Wind Country. I want you to continue to seek out the answers, but first you must earn your place. I want you to complete a week of gate duty and look into this matter."

"Yes sir." Kagari answered. 'Gate duty? That wasn't what I expected. I really do have to hop through a couple of hoops before I become ANBU.' Kagari was curious to why he had to be a watchdog for people who pass through. Then again, he remembered from the interrogation that most of the caravans carry girls right through the Torano Dojo. While Saburou's establishment will be closed permanently, that doesn't mean sensitive cargo will stop passing through. Maybe the people apart of Saburou's little group are running with their tails between their legs, away from anything to do with Saburou now that he completely disappeared off the map.

Tenken had another matter for Kagari to attend to, as he reached into his cloak and pulled out a folder containing some files. Kagari took the folder from Tenken's hand and briefly looked through it. "Koko....chan. Wanted for stealing artifacts from the Torano Dojo." Kagari read out loud, he then took a look at the girl's picture. "Seems like a nice girl honestly, aside from the petty theft. What did she exactly steal-"<i></i> Kagari the took another look at what she was wanted for, Koko had possibly stolen a scroll containing forbidden Jutsu. "Oh. Well, I'm more impressed that she was able to get through Torano Dojo without drawing out the real monsters inside." Kagari referencing the Byakko Clan that Kyuji was a part of. "Maybe he wasn't home that day." Kagari joked underneath his breath. He then remembered what place he was in and straightened up, "I'll get it done."

Tenken continued with further details on Koko.

"This individual... I want them alive and brought here. Don't worry about dropping off for the Mission Master, now that you are operating under my orders you are capable of bringing a retrained prisoner back here. Completion of these two assignments does not guarantee a promotion, but your performance in both will weigh on the decision made. My eyes and ears..."

Kagari nodded when he noticed that three masked figures appeared from the shadows on cue. He recognized the three, the shorter female one, the large one and the tall one that dragged of Saburou at the end of his interrogation. He observed the three of them, as they remained quiet during Tenken's explanation. 'I guess they're my handlers.

"...will be around, keeping track of your performance. Once you've completed both tasks, alert me when your reports and the prisoner are ready. Depending on the assessment, we can fast track putting you out in the field for the investigation you are truly yearning for or... well, do your best."

Kagari smiled, if he wasn't motivated earlier he was now. "I guess I'll contact you on the frequency or your...eyes and ears will tell you I'm done..." Kagari paused as he placed the folder inside his coat, ready to get started. "I have no questions, I'm ready to get started." He would nod in acknowledgement of his orders and go back down the hallways toward the exit of the Obsidian. He took a few steps, then turned his head to speak a few words,"I wonder If I'll ever see you without the mask. It's not fair you know my identity and I don't know yours."<i></i> Kagari shrugged and then continued back down the hallway. "I guess that's just the nature of this world I'm a part of now. See you when it's done."<i></i> He once again found himself navigating the hallways of the obsidian which he started to memorize, after all, he'll probably be a frequent visitor of the prison from now on.

[topic left]

OOC: I guess I need to still go to the Mission Request Forums to say I'm accepting this bounty right? Or I don't have to?

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back