Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Planning What's Ahead [Open]

Kashino Yuu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
It has been one year after he graduated from Aurora Eruditio as 10 years old Yuu walked around the streets in the village. After the exam, he decided to train by himself for a year as he wanted to not only learn more jutsus but to discover his true potential as a real ninja. He had a feeling the missions he will facing might be completely dangerous, so he needed to be strong as possible since he did this to protect his family and friends. But other than training, he didn't forget his family as he used his breaks to hang out with his siblings and helped out his parents.

But for today, he decided to have me time after another training session as he found a nearby bookstore to buy some action/adventure novels he was dying to read. He spent a few minutes in the store until he came out with some books in his hands. After that, he decided to have a nice meal at the ramen stand while he read the new novels he bought. As he sat down on the seat near the counter, he noticed there were little customers eating their ordered ramen, which he guessed it must have a slow day today. He was not even surprised to this as he often visits this stand a lot of times even in his Academy Student days. "Yuu-kun, I can't believe it! I didn't see for a few months until now!" A young cook said as he approached the young Genin in excitement. He wasn't surprised considered that he was friends with one of the cooks in the stand for quite a while now.

"You know how my training was. Too busy to visit here. But for today, I would like my usual order to celebrate my return." His cook friend agreed before he returned cooking some ramen for the customers. But as he started to wait for his order, he wondered if he might encounter someone as he started reading the novels and waiting for his ramen. He liked to hang around his family but having a conversation with someone would be nice.

[MFT/WC: 363]

(OOC: Open to everyone!)

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[OOC: Hey Yuu, thought I'd join in]

It had been a busy day, and with the significant amount of money he'd saved from living in the Sileo as their blacksmith, and now living in the Torre, he'd bought himself a small quiet place which he would convert into a new smithy for when he had some time to himself.

He'd been requested a job already by Kitsune, former Medical Sennin, and agreed to doing it, but as of this moment he didn't have a forge with which to complete the order. It was a hobby that he'd turned into a job during retirement, a way to earn a decent living while not performing the services of being a shinobi.

It was from this place that he was heading back towards the Torre Celeste that he decided to stop in at and pick up some food. The Raikage probably didn't smell so good, and where there wasn't still wet sweat there were salt crystals to show that there had once been sweat there. His t-shirt was mostly sodden, but black, and his well muscled arms, neck and face had dirt smeared across them in varying amounts. After all, he'd begun building his new smithy.

Choosing this place was no real coincidence. It was quiet, so he felt it'd be easier to go here. Looking at Yuu he nodded his head before looking to one of the cooks who turned around to see the one eyed giant in their store

Could I have two large servings of imperial ramen please, and two dozen takoyaki. He was hungry, he'd worked up an appetite and for once the chefs in the tower wouldn't need to run around fetching the significant quantities of food he consumed and worked off during his training sessions. He'd been retired for too long... he was rusty... he felt he needed to train twice as hard as he had as a child.

Kin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
(OOC: Howdy ho~ I get round to posting and whaddya know, someone else beat me to 2nd place.)

The shop was filling up with shinobi that seemed much more experienced then the students Kin had entered with, but he hadn't eaten yet. His single glass of squid ink sat before him and had stared at it for the better part of an hour, trying to see the dumpling he had dropped into it. His dream of the dark room had crept upon him repeatedly and it had begun to shift to nightmares about being consumed by the dark. 'How can you see when there isn't any light?' Feeling a looming presence a large man stepped into the shop, his presence blocking out a good deal of light he watched the 'giant' take a seat. Kin stared at the older man who seemed to be swept up in his affairs before looking to the two nearest him, a younger blue hair ninja and a man with a mask.

Thinking about the prospects of the old man's experiences, the masked man's understanding of hiding, and the younger shinobi's training Kin studied the three. Preparing to speak up the man with the mask had a ghastly smile appear creep over the back of his head and Kin stared shocked. Just as suddenly as the teeth and lips appeared the man in the mask seeming to have never been there. His nightmares were chasing him into his awake time and bags under his eyes betrayed his need to exude energy and power, what students needed to keep up with their coursework.

Looking at Yuu from his small table the student spoke to him. "How do you see in the dark," he inquired, his voice quiet enough that he was most likely not heard. His eyes scanned between the empty space where the "man" was and Yuu.

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
[OOC: Character just approved just waiting on name change]

The shop was indeed starting to fill up with more experienced shinobi for after the Raikage another man took a seat at the stand. This one was a chunin, Amegatsu, which very recently achieve his new title. “I’ll have a bowl of Miso Ramen and a glass of water. No ice.” The chunin looked quite feminine, but his voice made it clear what gender he truly was. Amegatsu didn’t catch what the boy asked the kage nor did he even recognize the man to be the kage. Amegatsu’s mind was on food right now, however a glass of water being set in front of him was able to bring him out of his hungry daze. Amegatsu holds his hands above the glass. His hands swing as if conducting an orchestra, but as he did so ice begins to form in the glass. A solid rod the size of a straw floated in the water. Amegastu’s hands then start to wave around just above the glass in an erratic fashion. Small sharp strike jutted out down the rod and an orb of formed at the tip. The sphere on top of the rod begins to change as he mystically molds it. Soon that shape would become recognizable as a rose. With a couple of leafs just below the blossom he was finished with his little ice sculpture. “Nothing makes a drink better than a beautiful garnish.” He says with a smile. Some may say this was a waste of chakra, but he considers himself an artist and sees no reason way a jutsu can’t be elegant.

Akarui Mirai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[OOC: Room for one more]

Now walking the streets, he had finally stolen away some free time. Lately, his mother has been trying to make him a civilized member of the clan and not too long ago she didn't even care for him. Well, she probably still didn't but all the attention had become overwhelming. It took a lot more effort to sneak out and get away. Feeling his stomach give a slight growl, he began looking for a place to grab some food. He happened across a ramen stand. Upon entering, he noticed those already inside and assumed everyone was most likely from genin to jounin from the appearance of the giant man sitting down. Perhaps lower, perhaps higher.

As he stood, looking for a place to sit, he got distracted by the actions of a boy. He watched as the kid conducted a symphony of ice among the water, forming a delicate ice rose. Though he thought it was well done, he couldn't think of why the boy would do such a thing. He was brought out of his thoughts by a simple question from the cook.

"Care to order something?"

Bringing him back to his senses. "Oh yea haha. I'd like to order one miso ramen with a side order of fried dumplings." he replied, feeling a bit embarrassed for spacing out like that. He had finally noticed some other academy students in the shop and thought it would be a good idea to mingle with them. Just as he made his way over there to say hey, one of the students got up and walked over to the giant man. From his view, the other student was just standing there.

Weird. He thought to himself

Kashino Yuu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
(OOC: Wow, I didn't expect many people come in! I'm so happy!)

As he was waiting for his order to arrive, more people started to arrive in this same stand and ordered their ramen when they took their seat, which made Yuu very curious at the new customers. The first one to arrive made him very surprised at the fact that the new Raikage was in this same ramen stand as he was. He didn't get the full details, but according to the Raikage's speech through his family's radio, he disbanded the Council under the suspicion of corruption and murder of the former Raikage. Although he wondered he was the real thing, Yuu was nervous at the fact of his serious demeanour. Still, it can't hurt to talk to the Raikage. "Hello... I...Um..." It was his first time talking to a real Raikage, so he can't make out the words he wanted.

The second customer to arrive made him cringe as the young blonde-haired boy whispered a vague question in his ears. "Excuse me?" Next was a feminine-looking boy who just ordered a Miso Ramen and to his surprise, he used some kind of Jutsu to manipulate the water and turned it into an ice sculpture shaped like a rose. "Wow, I never see that kind of Jutsu before. Then again, I preferred using Lightning Jutsu anyway." Next, he saw another boy entered and ordered the same one that the green-haired boy has ordered with fried dumplings. Yuu wondered if he was another shinobi considering he was older than him, so he turned to him to start a conversation with him. "Hey, haven't seen you before. You're a shinobi, right?"

[MFT/WC: 269]

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
A voice said something, quietly, to his side. As he'd not been paying attention, or waiting for it, he'd failed to hear what was said at all. On the other side of him another small voice spoke up, this one was a touch clearer, and he was paying more attention to those around him due to missing what had been said by the other boy.

Before he could turn his head though his order had been confirmed and Akira payed. Then another entered the shop, placing their order. Akira nodded to the boy who'd said hello, acknowledging the greeting. He could tell that that boy had recognized him for who he was. Hello. He said in return, his voice taking a more friendly tone.

Turning his attention back to the boy who'd seemed to say something (Kin) he decided to ask for what he'd said but it seemed that perhaps it hadn't been intended for him, and rather for the other boy who'd said hello.

Then the hairs stood on the back of his head, someone was using chakra.

Turning around for a moment he checked and found that the latest entrant was forming ice with the water. Either an Ice advanced element user, or possibly a Haku. If it were the latter then Akira had many stories he could share with the person about their clan head, Yomoko. But the chances were probably fairly slim that he was a member of the clan.

Yet another entered. So much for it being a quiet ramen stand. If Akira were more suspicious he'd wonder if he'd walked into a trap. But he didn't think that to be the case. The latest entrant looked across them all before being asked if he wanted to order something. At which stage Akira turned back to the boy who he had asked to repeat himself.

The boy who had said hello to him seemed to speak to the green haired entry. Akira's attention however had become attached to the boy who had seemed to say something but no-one had heard. The bags under his eyes, and the discoloration around them made it clear he'd not been sleeping well. Concern moved to Akira's mind, and then his takayaki turned up.

Kin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The noise in the shop picked up as is normal for crowds, the ebb and flow of sound never ends. The young blue haired fellow chose to not answer or maybe he didn't hear, the large man next to him seemed to have picked up on his words. Saito turned to grant the student some of his focus and the looming presence of the giant overwhelmed Kin. As he looked down at Kin whispers crept through the student's ears, 'you can't even see his face, can you?' The giant turned away and the soft yet heavy weight of Saito's presence lifted from the young shinobi. Just a moment would pass before Yuu's words reached his ears 'Excuse me' the blue haired ninja asked.

Kin returned his focus to Yuu and spoke a little louder, "Your a shinobi, right?" Before an answer could follow his question he repeated his original inquiry, "How do you see in the dark? " His question ended with gentle twitch of his eyebrows and a feeling of dread as Kin spotted a smile in the corner. The white teeth crept across a shadow in the darkness, each tooth horizontally revealed seemed to build an inhuman mouth. His eyes strained as he looked at the smile, the blood vessels in his eyes growing bright enough to see as the teeth vanished. Adjusting his sight back to Yuu he spoke up, "I keep seeing teeth in the darkness and I need to see into it." Kind neglected to mention the darkness in his nightmares, but surely what he can do while he is awake he could do within his sleep.

[WC: 274 / MFT]

Akarui Mirai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Seemed as if everyone was getting into their own little conversations. Mirai noticed the response of the biggest fellow in the ramen stand, and once he overheard his greeting to one of the other kids. 'T..That's the Raikage?' Mirai thought to himself with the look of shock worn on his face.

"Hey, haven't seen you before. You're a shinobi, right?" was the question directed Mirai. Looking back to meet the face the voice belonged to, it was someone he didn't recognize either. 'He must be a genin.' Mirai thought to himself.

"Uh, yea, Actually I just enrolled as an academy student." Mirai answered while rubbing his head and kind of laughing it off. Guess those around his age was a little uncommon to be just an academy student. That's what happens when you're a late blooming he guessed.

He then noticed Kin look at one of the corners, as if something was looking right back. Hearing him asking questions about seeing in the dark, Mirai wondered if it was similar to how those in his clan with full connection to the bloodline feels. He decided if that was the case he should keep an eye out and just wait to see how it developed.

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Seeing teeth in the darkness; sounds like Amegatsu is not the only one with inner demons. Though Amegatsu’s came from his ancestry. He wonders if the boy also has demons in his lineage. “The better question is why do you fear it?” Amegatsu’s order of ramen was placed in front of him and he takes a bite before continuing. “Why do you think this thing in the darkness is threatening?” Amegatsu doesn’t believe this thing the boy is seeing is real, so if the boy wish to identity it he would need to look within himself. Maybe once the boy realizes what this entity represents he would not be so fearful of it. Meanwhile Amegatsu over heard the other conversation going on it the shop. “So I’m not the only one that started the shinobi life later than most. Back when I was a student I was one of the oldest.” It was Amegatsu’s father that made him take so long to join the academy. His father didn’t want him to become a shinobi, but Amegatsu did so anyways.

Kashino Yuu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
He always remembered from his father that he should be careful what he wished for. Well, he wished to talk to someone in his favorite, but empty ramen stand and he got a lot of people to have conversations with. First off, the boy who asked him if he sees in the dark explained his reasons on that question, revealing that he kept seeing teeth in the darkness and needed to take care of it at once. "Yeah, I became a Genin one year ago. As for your question, even if you have a Jutsu with night vision or something, I doubt seeing through darkness is possible." And as the green-haired boy said, he should ask why did he fear it considering he might hallucinate it or something.

Then as the waiter gave him his usual miso soy ramen that he ordered, the black-haired boy replied his question earlier, revealing that he just enrolled into the academy recently, much to Yuu's surprise as he was a few years older than him and he just turned 10 after his promotion. "Congrats on entering the academy! My name's Yuu, I studied in there one year ago. Although, it took a lot of classes than I expected..." Not wanted to leave his ramen cold, Yuu then took his chopsticks and started digging in while he prevents himself from slurping the noodles to avoid disturbing the other customers, especially to Raikage somehow near him.

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The takoyaki was delicious.

It was exactly what he needed to begin with as two large bowls of ramen were brought out to him shortly afterwards.

The others all seemed to be in a conversational mood, they were all sharing who they were and talking. It seemed as though there were a couple of academy students in the mix, maybe a genin or two as well, though he had no idea really. One of them was asking about how to see through darkness. Akira had a few answers but decided that he would stay quiet on the topic. Of course he was taking it literally, as he tended to do. One of the replies was about when they were a student, which confirmed he no longer was. The same individual had asked the boy asking about the darkness about why he found it threatening.

The first boy confirmed also he was a Genin, so it seemed Akira's assessment was fairly accurate so far.

Draining the first bowl Akira ate a few more of the takoyaki before beginning the second. The worst thing to do was let those little balls of deliciousness get cold, so he finished them.

Hesitating before he began drinking the second bowl of ramen he decided to ask a question. He turned his attention to the boy asking about how to see through darkness and asked Why do you need to see into the darkness? After asking he went back to his ramen and began its consumption.

Kin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
'What could be in there' 'why are you afraid' 'It's not possible' the crowd's words echoed and twisted within his mind as his legs trembled in his seat. The words he had heard in his dreams so many times before came to mind, 'Do you need me to see?' Saito's words washed over Kin with a grand authority, "Why do you need to see into the darkness?"

Kin's legs sat still as responded, "I feel like someone is watching me." Kin lifts up his glass of octopus ink and stirs it around so the dumpling inside brushes the side of the glass. "I need to see," he said staring intently at the glass. Look around at the group Kin thought on the make up of the group, trying to take in what he could.

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Amegatsu was not sure what to say to the boy and preform some one-handed seals as he thinks. Out of the air he draws water to create a snow figure on the table. He made a housecat, but unlike normal snow creations this one moved about. Amegatsu mimics the artistic abilities of the Toujigikou; while they make living art out of clay, he does so out of snow. Amegatsu is even able to make them explode with an arctic blast. The snow-cat cautiously stiffs the ice rose in the glass and then proceeds to lightly bats the flower with one of its front paws. A small dark cloud the size of a basketball forms about the wintery feline. Amegatsu shapes the cloud into a skull and it proceeds to rain. “I see two options.” The cat unappreciative of the shower it was receiving jumps off the table. “You can either try to run from it.” The skull shaped cloud follows the cat as it tries to flee. The cat runs around and round trying to get away but with no success. Finally having enough of this chase the cat turns towards the cloud and lunges at it. “Or you can attack it.” The cloud dissipates after the cat jumps through it.

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was a curious discussion, but in the end Akira had finished his food and had other things to get sorted. Especially in preparation for the upcoming festival. The creation of his smithy would need to go on hold till after that day of celebration, but it had made good progress.

Standing and walking out he hoped that the youth inside would grow to become strong shinobi, shinobi who perhaps one day he would fight alongside.

[topic left - inactivity]

Kashino Yuu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
As Yuu ate his ramen, he continued listening to an interesting conversation that the male Academy Student about his fear of darkness. But despite this, he has no knowledge on how he can answer his questions. However, he can add something to the Ice user's answer. "I prefer attacking it if I were you. Besides, if you run from it, you can't escape your phobia." But upon he saw the time on the stand's clock, he finished up the last of his meal before he paid his order to the chef. "Regardless, whatever you decide will depend on the actions you can face in the future. I'm not a prophet, however so try to think before deciding it for yourself, okay? I better go now."

With that said after the Raikage left, Yuu then left the stand to continue his training.

(OOC: Topic left due to inactivity.)

Kin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The group didn't seem to be of use and Kin found himself leaving behind his glass of ink. Trying to fend off the evolving fear Kin left the shop.

[topic left - inactivity]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back