Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Ponderation [Privatesque]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
(OoC: I don't know if Zaku is still in this thread Hikari. If you had wanted to stop him, you should have put a [Stopped] tag at the bottom of your post. I will continue as if he did stay, but if he does not wish to reply, then we can just play it off.)

Emotions.

They boiled over like a full pot of hot water. You just had to add the right amount of heat, and then the entire farce of containing the liquid is over. Then, you just have to wait until the heat dies down or the water disappears. There is no other way to truly stop process, it is a force of nature, one that cannot be contained. So the scene between the three volatile teens was just one of hot water being compressed in a pot. The heat was added, and they boiled over. Hikari had been responsible for the storm, Shisou knew that much. Shisou also surmised that Zaku had some kind of underlying problem with bloodlines or Kekkei Genkai, of which, Hikari seemed to be a part of. Clearly the two were at some kind of odds, and Shisou just happened to be there to strip, lose his shirt, and make the water boil faster. The events that unfolded went by too fast for Shisou to really tell, but it seemed that the storm escalated, even in the relative safety of the trees. Hikari was crying, and Zaku just seemed to be pissed. None of these things added up to anything positive.

Shisou, however, took the opportunity to put his duster back on and wrap his arm dully around Hikari. It was the most comfort he could give to the girl. Shisou himself was wracked with emotional turmoil at that moment, so much so, he wanted to jump at Zaku and rip his throat out; a negative end to a negative day, that would be the result of such an action. Shisou just wanted to go home and rest, there were too many emotions roiling around him. Hikari mumbled a little bit, but Shisou didn’t really answer her questions, his mind was numb from the pain of exposing his emotions. Then the storm slowly died, the heat had been removed from the water. Hikari stirred beside him and went out to survey the damage. She didn’t look all too happy when she came back.

“I’m sorry Hikari. I took off my shirt to prove my point. You don’t need to worry about it.” Shisou just sat where he was, bare chest gleaming, his eyes sunken and empty. Shisou had anger issues, this was how he staved off the anger, emotional detachment from a situation.

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
CloudStrifefull502710-1-1.jpg

"Enlighten me." I said, starring right into her eyes. "Tell me what I don't know."

The weather was getting worse.

Hikari approached me, but I did not move. She voiced her words, they stung. But I held my ground.

True she hadn't done anything to me. But it was just a matter of time.

"I don't hate you..." I whispered beneath the wind. But I had already set off the reaction that would cause her to admit what she was.

Lightning...thunder. Fear was creeping onto my face now. All this power just because of who her parents were. She asked if I wanted to keep attacking. Based on the decreasing distance between the lightning and myself, that would be a no.

I glared at her as she asked me again. "I don't hate you."

"Yes." I mouthed to her question. I mean she could control lightning, of course it was a gift. The destructive force of a bolt of lightning was immense. She could have smote me right where I was standing.

It was then I attempted to take my leave.

She grabbed my arm and spoke wise words, but I threw my shoulder forward to keep her grip from becoming solid. I stopped and looked at her. "Then stop the snow, show off." I grunted as my eyes went to Shisou as Hikari paid him attention after his own spectacle.

The only thing missing was a show of my own. "Show of my own..." What a boring life I live.

Just as I said. I looked at her. "Can I go home now?" There was more for me to say. But I didn't want the storm to start up again, nor did I think it mattered anymore. They didn't understand what it was like to be boring or average.

[iNPC] [Topic Left]

LightningFarronfull494602-1-1-2.jpg

From afar, through the thick and thin of the situation, Haruka stood with a pair of binoculars. It had started out pretty boring; the young woman had her eye on the blonde kid from earlier in that day. He seemed to have skill, but from what she gathered on the side, it was his second year in the academy. He had a leg up on the others in his class that she had witnessed. But it also meant he failed the year before. There wasn't a large chance to fail, but a couple kids every year did, so it did bring some concern.

But now things were getting heated, and the weather was taking a turn for the worse. Her eyes shifted to the small girl whom she remembered from another class she witnessed. As things seemed to get worse emotionally (as she could tell from facial expression) so did the weather. "Power, yes, but from emotions means she has no control over it. A prime candidate I would say." she said aloud. Tomomi sighed, "Yes yes, whatever. Why you decided to watch over a bunch of squirts I don't know." Haruka shook her head and would not humor her with an answer. The other boy seemed to have gone through hell. The only thing she could assume was he probably was put through a torturous genin exam only to fail.

Things were changing now. Hikari stepped out to stop the weather by mastering control of her emotions. Where would it all go next?

Yukari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As the storm eased, she felt that hard knot of discomfort and pain roiling around inside her, rather than outside. In some ways, that was a good thing. It meant that the storm didn't have those emotions as fuel. In other ways, it was bad. The storm could very well get worse, if she gave vent to the cutting thoughts and worries, which churned like glass... bad things. She sniffed and wiped her hands on her pants- not that it helped. She was soaked. She had the urge to look into the mirror. To examine the way her eyes had undoubtedly puffed, and the hot red rims of her eyes. Red heads blush horribly. She knew that she was likely pinker than any cutesy little flower any child had ever drawn. "You don't hate me, huh?" She snapped, unintentionally. "Sure seems like it." She blinked repeatedly, and wiped her face with her sleeve. The water soothed her face, and cooled her temper.

Shisou put an arm around her, trying to comfort. She was dully aware of the memory of a relative saying never to touch a pissed off Santaru for fear of physical harm. She didn't think she could hurt anyone with a touch, however. She was a- not a child, as Sense from Etiquette had affirmed- a young kunoichi. Very young. She hadn't even noticed any signs of her bloodline until then. She took note of the clothing she had on, and the fact that she was quite wet. "Thank you Shisou." She said, anyway.

"The look on your face says you're afraid. You think I'm not, Zaku? I- I don't even know how that happened." She said of the storm, "It scares me... to think that I can make that happen without meaning to, and even though I don't want it to happen!" She ran her hands through her hair, which was hanging in ringlets, still somehow managing to be out of control. "I don't know how to stop it, Zaku!" She looked down, ashamed. "I don't even know how I started it." She felt herself blushing. "You don't get it do you?" She asked, thunder emphasizing the word from far off. "I'm not..." She shrugged off Shisou's arm as politely as she could. "I-" She stepped away, easing out of the group.

The storm seemed to stop for a moment, and all the snowflakes hung still in the air. It almost seemed like time had stopped, but for their continued breathing, and the quick patter of her heartbeat in her ears, she might have thought that it did. She stepped back until her shoulders rested against the tree that Zaku had been throwing Kunai into earlier, and allowed herself to slide slowly down the trunk. Her hands came up to cover her eyes, as she tried her hardest to force the wind and snow away, or back inside herself- as if that were possible. When she uncovered her eyes, she was crying again, and it was raining, but the snow had ceased, and though there was a rumble above, no more lightning struck nearby.

"Go ahead." She said, voice raspy. "Go home. But hurry. I'm going to stay here." She was trying to hide her tears, probably not successfully. "I won't make it home before I can't hold it back anymore..." She coughed and groaned, "I'm fine. Just upset."

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths

And so Zaku would walk away. A peculiar student, one that would obviously would pick at Haruka's subconscious mind. But her focus was on someone else. The girl with the power to control one of the most destructive natural forces in the known world. Moving forward silently, or rather, as silently as she could, the jounin landed with the familiar crunch of her feet pressing into the wet snow. Her final words brought a pinch of pain to her gut. Zaku didn't even take the time to acknowledge her. "Poor girl..." Haruka thought her expression saddening as she began walking toward the two who were left. "She's weak Haruka, she reached her breaking point so quickly. You know what you have to do to make her strong, and I know you don't want to do that." replied Tomomi, referencing how each individual needed specific training to make them well rounded. She had a point, and Haruka was wondering just how she should approach the girl.

As she grew closer, the Jounin drew close to her and knelt. "Hikari, right? What's got you down? Why do I feel all this emotional tension?" she questioned. In her experience, relief often came through explaining things through logical thought. And without Zaku around, perhaps things would get easier.

Yukari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[[Shisou, I'm unsure if you're still in the topic.]]

Hikari caught sight of the woman walking quietly through the snow. She watched the woman approach passively. She was tired. Mostly from the long day, but also emotionally. Her heavy eyes hurt. As the woman knelt near her, Hikari moved a little away.

The woman, as she knelt close, said, "Hikari, right? What's got you down? Why do I feel all this emotional tension?"

"Who are you?" She asked, "How do you know me?" Hikari didn't know if she'd seen the woman around, but she didn't remember meeting her. She wasn't afraid- wasn't much of anything, she was so drained- and the lady wasn't scary, or creepy, like some others the girl had met. "Yeah..." She rubbed her nose, "I'm Hikari." She wiped off her face with her cold hands, "Had a fight with my friend." She gestured in the direction the boy had walked. "It's been a really hard..." She swallowed, "Really hard day." Suddenly she realized that this woman must have been out in the storm when- "Are you alright? I didn't mean for all that to happen! I- It just- I'm sorry, it's so hard to- I couldn't make it stop-" She stumbled over her words, as she tried to explain it, but what if this lady had the same feelings as Zaku about bloodlines. She turned her head, "I'm sorry if you're hurt by the storm, ma'am."

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths

It would seem that Hikari could not remember who she was. Perhaps she'd not given the impression she intended to. After all she had only stayed in that class for a few minutes. The older woman looked at the small girl as she questioned her, and gave her sympathetic look. "I'm surprised you don't remember me but I was there for the class you today." She said. "I had stopped by the class you're having earlier today, but was only there for a few minutes so it's not surprising that you don't remember me."

Haruka could tell that she was drained and didn't want to pressure her further, but she needed to know what had really happened. "My name is Kato Haruka, and I've been watching you for some time." The jounin didn't want to sound ominous, but it was true she had been watching for a little bit. She gave a small smile to Hikari to let her know she was a friend and that was when the small girl opened up and revealed what had happened. There wasn't much detail for Haruka to go on but she pieced together what she could about the situation.

It seemed restating the situation had given the girl a small epiphany as to where Haruka had been the entire time. It was true that she was in the storm but suffered no ill fate. So the woman's hands quickly rose to let the small girl know that she was not harmed. "Don't worry about it I'll be fine, I'm not your average everyday women." Haruka said with a smile. Looking into the girl's eyes as she looked away, Haruka could tell that this was the perfect candidate for her team. She didn't want to seem to forward but the young woman stretched her arms out towards the girl and pulled her in for a hug. Her fingers went through her hair; Haruka just thought she needed a hug at that time. "You worry too much. Whatever it is you can do you'll master it one day. Trust me all right?"

Haruka stepped away from the girl and stood to her full height. She looked down at her and put out a thumb. "I'll be keeping an eye on you, so don't let me down." Their meeting had been a little abrupt, and Haruka wasn't sure if she was can ask any questions. But as is the nature of the mysterious guardian angel. She would be watching, and waiting for the right time to approach her again. But now Haruka's interest was elsewhere, it was her mission to get the two friends who had recently fought back together once again.

[Topic left; I spoke all of this. I only had to type two words. Even this part. So lemme know if there are issues so I can continue making my program better at understanding me!]

Yukari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"I remember you from Saigo-sensei's class." She said, "I just didn't know your name." She stated, "I don't know why you came anyway... but Wait. You've been watching me? Why?" She's kunoichi. Her mind told her, She's not like other women.

Hikari smiled a bit, "I'm glad you're not hurt, Kato san.” Hikari said haltingly. She hated the hot scratchy feeling in the back of her throat that made her aware of her tears. She hated feeling like she’d somehow lost something, as she sat there. Hated feeling alone. She’d never before felt alone. It was terribly unpleasant for a social child like Tanaka Hikari. Just as her lips pursed to keep from trembling and her eyes stung with overly warm tears, the woman, Haruka san, put her arms around her. Hikari bit down on her lip, and hugged the woman back, not bothering to wonder, to count the days since the last time an older woman had hugged her. She had been far from home, for a long while.

At this time, Haruka san told her, “You worry too much. Whatever it is you can do you'll master it one day. Trust me all right?" Hikari felt herself blush at the weakness she must have, that such assurances completely assuaged her momentary doubts.

“You really think so? I hope I can. This is the first time it’s ever happened to me. Well… the first time it’s happened so vehemently.” She said earnestly. “Thank you.” She sniffed as they parted. “I feel better.” She smiled, glad to have met the lady.

[[Topic left. I PMed you Shisou]]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back