Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Power Corrupts part 1 of 2 [Self Modded B-Rank]

Hikaru Masuru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Chapter 1: Power Corrupts

Another mission had Genshu equip himself of his gear; armor, weapons, and his tomahawk that was given to him by his tribe as a right of passage as a warrior of the tribe. This was his life and he never regretted it, for he was born to be a shinobi and he enjoyed serving his village and his clan. His mission was clear he had to go to the town of Shintou where an A class criminal known as Hundei Jugo, who was known within cloud for drug trafficking and the killing of two Chuunin and one Jounin. He vanished from the village for the past year and a half but intelligence suggested that he is now the governor of Shintou but the cloud village cannot obtain him throughout reliable evidence especially since Jugo has risen to be the governor of the town so a black op was simply not an option. Before his departure however, Raiu requested Genshu's presence for an unknown reason. Ever since Raiu had risen to power within the clan he had always relied on Genshu for the more "sensitive" missions and now that Genshu had become an ANBU he knew Raiu would use him more then ever before. The mansion was an architectural wonder within cloud, it's walls were large and of pure marble, it was the clan's headquarters, training center, and living area if someone wanted to live within the mansion. Genshu walked through the front doors making his way up to Raiu's chambers, curiosity and anxiety swept through Genshu's mind for only Raiden knew what plans Raiu had in store but Genshu knew that it would mostly benefit Raiu but if it benefited him then at some level it would benefit the clan and village.

"This is outrageous Raiu! These increased taxes are hindering our income, how can we support our families if were constantly on missions and nearly half of our income goes to your taxes!?" Kenshin screamed. Raiu had granted him an audience which he had waited for nearly a month but he was lucky to get one in such a short time for most who wanted to speak with Raiu waited much longer then that or never did speak with him at all, it depended on what Raiu was feeling that day. "Dont be so dramatic Kenshin, the money you make from the missions you do is not reduced as badly as you claim. The taxes I implement are for the success of the Sude clan." Raiu responded nonchalantly. Kenshin rose from his seat infuriated, "You use the taxes for the success of Raiu not the Sude Clan!" his fist were clenched tight, teeth gritted against each other, Kenshin was like any other clansman but unlike the others he was one of the wealthiest shinobi in the village thanks to his welding skills for the village and marketing expertise for the Sude Clan. By this time Genshu quietly slipped inside the room, a luxury that very few were able to do without Raiu's permission but Genshu had earned that luxury along with a few others long ago. Raiu fixated his eyes on Kenshin, his eyes turning into the golden glow that the Santaru were known for put a sudden turn of emotions inside Kenshin. "You should watch how you speak to me Kenshin, for if you continue your son will be inheriting your business sooner then you think." His words were as sharp as a katana cutting through flesh, cold and unforgiving. Kenshin's boldness and confidence suddenly turned into fear and submissiveness for he overstepped his boundaries and it would cost him in the long run. "You should see if the village needs you for something before I do." Raiu said pointing towards the door. " Y--yes, of course." Kenshin said bowing his head and making his way towards the door, disgraced, embarrassed, and full of fear. He looked up into Genshu's eyes where Genshu returned a look of sympathy towards Kenshin. "I also expect a complimentary check from you by tomorrow evening expressing your deepest apology in questioning my authority and your rude remarks." Raiu said just before Kenshin walked through the door. Kenshin nodded to him and closed the door behind him.

Genshu never had to deal with Raiu's taxes but he knew that the other clansman were livid over them and the continuous missions Raiu made them go on, but even if they tried Raiu wouldn't change them it was starting to become....hopeless for the clansman to change Raiu's decision on the increased taxes and soon the clan would just get used to them and Genshu knew that's what Raiu was aiming for. Genshu walked towards Raiu and took a seat across from him where Kenshin sat. "It's a shame when clansman start to disrespect their leader, if I wasn't in such a good mood today that man would have been dragged out of my office with a limb missing." Raiu commented, his eyes began to slowly turn back to his normal eye color. "It's good that you were able to keep your cool so easily." Genshu responded trying to move the conversion to a different subject as fast as possible so that he could be on his way. "If there's one thing I learned in being the Sude Clan's leader is that patience can truly play off Genshu. But let us get to the reason why I asked you to come here. There is a mission you are about to embark on and I needed to inform you of your.......changes in how you perform your duties while you are in Shindou." Genshu was surprised that Raiu had knowledge of his mission so quickly, it seemed as though ever since Genshu had risen to become an ANBU, Raiu made sure to keep a closer eye on him and the missions he would partake in. "What changes?" Genshu asked trying to figure out what Raiu exactly wanted. Raiu stood up from his chair and looked outside from his window to see the sun starting to set. "You are to kill the governor of Shindou and make it look as if his personal bodyguard did it." Raiu turned around and slid one of the folders from Raiu's desk to Genshu's hand, Genshu opened the folder to see pictures of a white haired man usually always next to Jugo. " Taka Uchiha, Jugo's most trusted bodyguard and member of the Batosi Clan. He makes sure all of Shintou's assets go straight to the Batosi Clan and keeps Jugo in line. Your overall mission is to snuff out Hoshigo, the leader of the Batosi clan and assassinate him. Hoshigo went rogue from cloud ten years ago and left a trail of blood in his wake by killing a squad of shinobi who was on a mission near the border of the fire country. He is an S rank criminal and the village would be astounded to hear of his death." Raiu explained to Genshu, Hoshigo was becoming an annoying thorn at his side and couldn't be allowed to survive any longer, it just made so much sweeter for him being a traitor and criminal to the village for it would only enhance the reputation of the Sude Clan for killing an S rank criminal. "How am I supposed to stay within the shadows of the town if I am to kill both the governor and Taka and make it look as if Taka did it?" Genshu asked, there were alot of unknowns to the situation Raiu was giving him and he needed to know everything before making his mission even harder then it needs to be. "You will find one of our own within the town that I implanted months ago, Masuto. He has gotten within Jugo's inner circle of advisers and will take the governor's place when he dies. He will be your informant during your stay at the village. He is already aware of your journey, you will meet him within the Dragon's Inn and from there he will aid you in whatever you need, once you kill the governor and Taka, Masuto will take the governor's place and begin transitioning all of Shintou's revenue to the Sude clan and the village." So, finally the truth of the matter came out for Genshu's first part of the mission. Raiu wanted more money for the Sude clan but not only that he wanted to expand the Sude Clan's influence outside of the village as well and make the name national. Raiu was smart and cunning but even Genshu could start to tell that Raiu's quest for greater power was beginning to become corrupted. Genshu nodded his head in acknowledgement of the new mission and made his way outside of the mansion and towards the Dragon Tooth Pass. The shinobi stopped him and checked his I.D and verification of his current mission, once he made his way through customs Genshu took the long road to Shintou.

Chapter 2: No Witnesses

After a long night of traveling, Genshu had finally arrived at the town of Shintou. The town was blazing with activity, people were all over the place, this was the day where he will make his move if Masuto had reliable and on point information plus it was a perfect place to act as a weary traveler making his way through town. He made his way inside the Dragon's Inn and took a seat at the bar where he ordered a small glass of whiskey. A man in his early forties sat beside him and passed Genshu a small note under the bar. Genshu opened the note in where it said, "Empty table to your left." Genshu looked to his left to see a table away from the crowd. Genshu grabbed his whiskey and made his way over to the table where soon the man followed him and they both sat down. "I'm not surprised Raiu would be sending you Genshu, ever since you became ANBU you and Bankotsu have become his executioners." Masuto said, he was older then Genshu had thought and had clearly been in more then enough battles due to the scars on his body but he had a political atmosphere around him for he was dressed to perfection. "I've never met Bankotsu but I'm sure I will in the not so distant future. So, tell me what information do you have for me so I can do my job as quick as possible." Genshu responded brushing off Masuto's comment. Masuto leaned closer to Genshu and pulled an envelope from an inner pocket of his suit and handed it to Genshu. "This is Jugo's schedule for the week and blueprints of city hall to help you slip in without attracting attention to your self. In there is also the guards schedule and lunch breaks to further aid you. I have reserved a room for you during your stay here, once you complete your mission I will take control of the power vacuum the people will more then happily accept me as their governor." He had everything Genshu needed and more to make this mission a success. "Excellent, then we'll proceed with the mission today." Masuto's eyes widened and was in disbelief from what Genshu just said "Today!? Did you have a plan beforehand?" Masuto asked still in disbelief. "I do now." Genshu said analyzing and memorizing the files Masuto gave him. "Have the dock clear of any guards just in case someone sees me, we cannot have any witnesses Masuto." His voice was stern and his gaze was of the utmost intensity. Masuto nodded startled by the glare Genshu gave him about witnesses, no one would need to see Genshu inside the city hall if his mission was going to be a success and all those who would see him would have to die. Genshu stood up and made his way outside and towards city hall, it was time to go to work.

City hall was massive, guards were everywhere outside but thanks to the files Masuto had, Genshu knew where to go unnoticed. He acted like one of the many tourist around the building, slowly making his way to the west side of the building trying to avoid as much contact as possible. Once he made his way to the west side of the building he formed some hand seals and used Inner Reflection lure he then sunk into the ground and made his way to the conference room where from what the schedule said that it would be empty for the next two hours. After a few moments of walking he found himself underneath the conference room, Genshu then formed the same hand seals and slowly put his head above the ground to see if there was anyone inside the room and to his benefit there was no one. Genshu jumped out of the ground and transformed into Taka with the help of the pictures Raiu gave him before his journey. Genshu opened the door and casually made his way up to the mayor's office, some of the security guards greeted Genshu but he only nodded to them not making a word for he never heard Taka's voice before so he couldn't replicate it and only saying something would blow his cover. He was finally outside of the mayor's office and thanks to the schedule he had the guards that were supposed to guard the mayor's door was out for lunch. Terrible security.

Genshu opened the doors to see Jugo signing papers, doing his job properly. Jugo looked up and smiled, "Taka, your here early. Care to have a drink?" He asked as he poured some whiskey into an expensive looking glass not noticing anything out of the ordinary just yet. Genshu walked over and took a sip of the whiskey and sat down in the luxurious chair across from Jugo not making a sound. He had to kill the man as quick as possible but also had to make it to where everyone would knew that Taka was the one who killed him which was the hardest part of the assassination. "Are you alright Taka? You seem distant. Did something happen?" Jugo asked now having his full attention to Genshu with a slight look of worry. Genshu put his hand on his head and nodded, his other hand was in his pocket holding a kunai preparing himself for the kill. As soon as Genshu was about to throw the kunai the door opened and Taka walked through, he looked at Genshu then back at Jugo and yelled for Jugo to get down. Genshu pulled the kunai out of his pocket and threw it at Jugo, Jugo put his hand in the way of the kunai as half of the blade went through Jugo's palm. Taka's eyes swirled into the Mangekyou sharingan and gazed at Genshu, "Shit! He activated the Mangekyou?" Genshu thought to himself but before he could make any actions Jugo rushed towards him with a katana at hand, slashing through the air to only meet the tip of Genshu's jacket. Genshu dispelled the transformation jutsu and no longer appeared to be Taka, he kneed Jugo in the stomach and kicked him over towards the window. Taka quickly made hand seals and vanished before Genshu's eyes and appeared behind him with a charged chidori and impaled it through Genshu's chest. Taka smiled viciously but his victory was short lived as Genshu's body disintegrated into mud as it was only a mud clone. Taka looked over to the side of him to see Genshu sitting on the couch with his tomahawk in hand. "Your fast. That would have worked if I hadn't seen your strategy." Genshu said calmly tapping the blade of his tomahawk against his leg. "Hmph! You think your going to escape out of here alive? I'll string your body over the entrance of the city." Taka growled now more ferocious then ever. Genshu quickly made hand seals and blew out a fireball in the form of a dragon (Dragon Flame Bomb) the fireball engulfed the entire room and blew a hole right through the wall. People gathered around the building and the guards created a perimeter around the building while many others raced up the stairs to where the battle ensued. Genshu had only two minutes to finish the fight until the guards arrived and he would have his hands full if he hadn't finished the job by then. Jugo and Taka were in the other room, evading the massive fireball with only a few burns. "Kill him quickly Taka, he's not the average shinobi." Jugo said slowly stepping away towards the window behind him in case he had to make an exit quickly, "Neither am I!" Taka said as his left eye began to bleed. "Right on schedule." Genshu said, suddenly Genshu's shadow sprang to life in a form of shadowy threads and swiftly slithered through the carpet without drawing Taka's attention for he was too focused on Genshu and the technique he was about to use. "Now Burn!" Taka yelled as he was about to use Amerterasu but the shadows spun him around and made him face Jugo. The black flames ignited unto Jugo's chest and began to spread. Jugo yelled in anguish as the flames started to engulf him quickly. The shadows wrapped around Taka's body, by the time Taka tried to close his eyes to extinguish the flames, the shadows grabbed his eyelids and kept them open making Taka stare at his innocent victim. Jugo jumped out the window still screaming in pain, the crowd gasped as they saw their governor falling from the four story building engulfed in flames, burning and screaming. Genshu walked over to Taka and moved him closer to the window to where the crowd would see him, the shadows still controlled Taka's movements and Genshu now stood by the side of the window making sure he was not seen by the crowd below. Genshu's shadows controlled Taka's movements and forced his hand to pick up Jugo's katana from the floor next to the shattered window, "What are you doing?" Taka asked barely able to control his mouth to utter his final words. "Helping you make you make an important decision." Genshu said grinning, "Bas--" The sword impaled right through Taka's chest with his own hand guiding the blade straight through his solar plexus. His hand pushed the sword deeper through him with the help of Genshu's shadows, the crowd watched and from their view as Jugo's most personal bodyguard killed himself.

Genshu released the control of Taka's body, "15 seconds." Genshu thought to himself as the response team of the guards were mere seconds away from the door. Genshu threw an explosive note on the door and formed hand seals quickly and sunk into the ground using the same technique he had used to enter the building. He fell to the second floor and landed on the huge conference table checking his perimeter to make sure it was clear. He formed a few hand seals and transformed into a guard, he walked down the remaining stairs, seeing other guards and telling them to deploy a team to defuse the traps Taka had set to get inside the Governor's office. His leadership boomed through his commands and the guards listened to him as they hurried up the stairs to support the other teams of guards. Genshu had to bluff his way out and make sure he got to the dock without anyone noticing, which was going to be a little bit of a challenge but he was an ANBU and he was taught well how to deceive and be undercover well. Genshu walked out the front door now limping, the medical unit raced to him helping get to a safe and secure location, one of the guards immediately attended to Genshu from the looks of him he was at least a team leader or squad leader for the police force in the town, asking him what had happened. Genshu told him that Taka had booby trapped the room and that a team was needed to defuse the traps. The squad leader nodded to him and made his way inside the building, Genshu shrugged off the medical team doing his best to act like he was too proud to receive medical attention and started to walk over to an area where the people weren't paying much attention to him. He couldn't get out of the area without making someone suspicious he needed a diversion, Genshu looked around him to see if anybody was watching him and he quickly made the seal to set off the exploding note, fire gushed out of the window of the governor's office and pieces of derbies flew everywhere, people screamed and ran away to a safer location and Genshu did what everyone else did. He made his way to the docking bay where to his advantage he didn't see anyone on the docks. Genshu dispelled the transformation jutsu and made his way to the edge of the pier, he saw an island about ten miles off and that's where his hiding place would be for the next few days for the situation to die down and allow Masuto to take control. A few yards away from the pier a guard stepped off one of the boats and now he was in front of Genshu's escape route, the guard noticed Genshu and commanded him to stop and told him that the dock was closed at the moment. Genshu sprinted towards the guard with full speed, there had to be no witnesses and this guard was standing in his way of escaping. The man pulled his sword out but Genshu tackled him into the water, going deeper and deeper into the water, choking the guard until the life left his eyes. Genshu grabbed the body and continued to swim under the water making his way to the island, he couldn't leave the guard in the water and risk someone recovering the dead body Genshu was too careful to make sure that wouldn't happen even if it was a low possibility of happening. The only thing that he had to do now was wait for Hoshigo to smell the smoke and poke his head out of the ground, where Genshu would be waiting patiently with a sword in hand.

[Mission Completed]
[WC: 3901]
[MFT]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back