Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Preoccupied Plans [Open]

Yamaryuu Sora

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Then I will have no problem finding you,"

with he last words ringing out Sora went to do as asked, his mind filled with wonder, excitement, and fear. what was going to happen and how would the would turn around this fulcrum in time. this could turn to all out war, but it could also mean an emergence of a new power, tipping the balance between more power convergences than already was. his mind was filled with turmoil that he did not notices that he had traveled the entire distance. his form still the Kirishii, although the shifting and fluid-ness of the stone armor had slowed down. Sora suspected the distance from Homura was the reason, and he wondered if this had filled him with more than just this new skin?, his own signature chakra had changed, he could feel it. He was now a different person than the one who had left. how he was different, he did not know yet, time would tell.

[Topic left unless stopped]
[OOC - very sorry for the delay]

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
"GOD SLAYING WEAPONS!!! The First Men had one such weapon. ONE! and it was not forged by men. Whatever weapons these humans dare create are nothing before the weapons of war which are mine to forge. I will forge weapons that even the forgotten masters of old would weep at their sight and all the living and the damned will cower at their birth. The spirits will disperse in their wielding and the very gates of heaven and hell will close their gates to bar those slain by my weapons in the battles to come from reincarnation. As for Fuujin, he needs no weapons, the skies and all their power answer to him. Let this brave one know we have returned and let all the kindred of man know that we will reclaim our place in this world. As for this Mountain Dragon his pride serves him well, it will be a great thing for you to do battle, combat is its on reward and a testament to true strength."

The Journeymen, an Order that emerged long after the dawn of the first men in these territories did not... could not forge such a terrible weapon but the origins of the great and awesome blade was unknown. The balancing force of the book and the blade predated even the Ancients of old and she was among the first. "Well brother, I lack your confidence or rather hubris," she countered. Tensions between the elements had always existed, each ethnocentric and each prideful and even after a short time together she could feel a grating sensation between them. They were the same but entirely and utterly different. Homura was always first to rush into battle but often the last to fall, the Earth was not nearly as erratic - the earth endured and waited with a patience rivaled by few. She could feel a tenseness in the back of her human jaw.

A storm was brewing as well, unseasonably windy with a drizzling rain. Her palm faced the heavens, she was not befuddled or puzzled by what or rather who this phenomena heralded. "Brother Fuujin?" The collection of cloud and storm, of the elements that would comprise these celestial spaces that Fuujin represented. She had to stop and she had to ponder just now: how? The maelstrom should feel like a gentle breeze in the presence of Fuujin, the roiling heavens should heave and quiver. Flashes of lightning and the dire howl of wind should be unbearable and should bring her to her knees when unfettered. And Homura, the personification of the flame. His presence should be stifling -- the heat and the wrath hand in hand. The earth had not become glass and the heavens still possessed a sky.

Then came this sinking feeling. No, they were not who she wanted them to be. Not a vision, not an echo, not even a shade. She did not know them and in that same moment came a pang of loneliness and betrayal. The same feeling she felt when Sousuke rejected her for what she was. The same ache she felt when he threatened the last of her kind. How that love wilted and became sorrow, how it decayed further and became hate. She was alone again. The guilt of a survivor - how fortune can be remembered as cowardice. How tradition and compulsion and nature can be remembered in a different light. She was tired of being strong. Tired of being alone. Tired of having no place to rest her weary bed and tired bones.

Liar...

That was all her mind chanted in the presence of the pair as her hand clenched into a small tightly balled fist. But a lie she would perpetuate. Fear and woe humanity and learn again of the hubris you once enjoyed. That you could defeat her. That you could break the Queen as you had the Kings of this land. If they believed they were what they were or not it would prove irrelevant if others believed what or rather who they were and that was all that mattered. She took in a sharp breath - both happy and sad. She had for a moment remembered what it was like to stand in the presence of her brothers, being a 'peer' was a tiring effort but still she yearned for the like-minded. For acceptance. Something she was never able to truly garner with mankind.

"Brothers," her voice boomed as she struggled to hide her mourning with a brave and stoic face "it is good that you have finally arrived."

• Sora is allowed to leave without intervention.
  • Homura & Fuujin: unsure of your plans with them both because you wanted me here so I am letting you drive that boat.

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Fuujin was no where near as powerful as she remembered and it could be seen by her eyes and his that he never would be yet in his divine elemental portion was a great deal more power than than Homuraah had within him. Fuujin had fallen, yes he had but not into the ruin that Homura had suffered. Even now Homura's personality and memories were balancing with the human body and memories of his indentured servant. Homura would never be as he once was but Fuujin was different, his essence had not been shattered as he was the wind, the air, the storm. His was the very sky so his essence had waited slumbering in the heavens, and skies drifting around the world until a true beacon emerged to draw Fuujin's essence and being back together. The vessel the demon and the first amalgam had forged was far more suitable to the task at hand. The wrath that was Fuujin was less than what he should be, but what he could be now was so much more. Like the Unbent his new body was that which could devour the essence of others. Like Mikaboshi his mind was intact he knew both who he was and what he was and how he had fallen. One could not lie to the heavens and with such a sour tone Fuujin could not lie to himself. He looked upon Hahaoyasuna and turned away lest she truly see the anguish on his face as the amalgam of Homura stomped off to build a forge to begin his need to create weapons and revel in battle. Leaving them alone as it were as Fuujin collapsed the massive storm elemental form he had willed into existence to test himself back into his stolen body. "Sister from the sands, it is good to sense your presence again and know that you have not fallen so low as I, starved yet proud. Yes that surmounts you as you are now but you are not as I am back from death yet truly dead. Such a hollow feeling to know well and truly that one was dead and not able to return until now. The sky yields all my knowledge and returns to me some of what I once was, the body of my servant reforged and grafted with my essence even moreso than I had done for him in life is a terrible thing. Even now I lament what I have become but I welcome the return from the nothingness of witless power. Order shall be restored... So tell me HahaoyaSuna tell me of all the terrible things that have transpired since I fell to the wrath of man and the skies were tortured by humans touched by your power and diamonds wrenched holes in the sky. The winds do not blow as the should, the very air is tainted by man, and I no longer feel the presence of our own save small lesser humanized shades. What is the verdict so I may decide what I am to do now to reclaim some of what I once was?"<i></i>

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Sister from the sands, it is good to sense your presence again and know that you have not fallen so low as I, starved yet proud. Yes that surmounts you as you are now but you are not as I am back from death yet truly dead. Such a hollow feeling to know well and truly that one was dead and not able to return until now. The sky yields all my knowledge and returns to me some of what I once was, the body of my servant reforged and grafted with my essence even moreso than I had done for him in life is a terrible thing. Even now I lament what I have become but I welcome the return from the nothingness of witless power. Order shall be restored... So tell me HahaoyaSuna tell me of all the terrible things that have transpired since I fell to the wrath of man and the skies were tortured by humans touched by your power and diamonds wrenched holes in the sky. The winds do not blow as the should, the very air is tainted by man, and I no longer feel the presence of our own save small lesser humanized shades. What is the verdict so I may decide what I am to do now to reclaim some of what I once was?"[/b][/i]<i></i>

Her waning interest in her recently 'revived' brothers had little to do with her sentiments which seemed to fluctuate from moment to moment. This elation that she was no longer alone was contradicted by the trepidation that she and likely they had also always felt. There was a common underlying current between all of the elemental courts, there was also a friction between them. Their nature was to compete and there was a sense of ethnocentrism with each element where even under the guise of civility they each if outwardly or inwardly felt that even among other Ancients they and their kind should reign supreme. So her desires were split in twain, this contradictory nature where now faced with a lie she was both given relief and grief. She swallowed the pain, her loss could still be for their benefit but her resolve was far from steeled after a crippling loss she was unsure and undignified. She knew her capacity but seemed to lack the will to go on. It was fear in a way - not of death because that was an impossibility for her but there were fates far worse and she faced them because she had little other choice.

"After the death of Homura and Fuyujin... I mean your deaths, the many houses of our many courts became disenfranchised and morale was crippled, humanity on the other hand was revitalized and they raised their pitchforks and spears and plunged them into my brothers and kin. The neutral courts were not hunted at first but soon the consolidated tribes of man came for them as well and one by one brother and sister fell, returning to dust and flame for their sleep but none woke and they were taken to places but I knew not where. They eventually came for me but I and likely a few others have been able to elude them all these years but our numbers are few. She answered honestly to the fata morgana that posed as her brother. She did not mention the whole story, the truth behind how she survived and what she was doing even to this day to simply have the right to exist. What vengeance she took against the Sunahoshi and his heirs. Her contempt and ire towards the Steward Takahashi.

There was much she also did not know. She did not know that they lived, not Homura and Fuujin but the host of the courts. Bound to blades, in spectral cages, some destroyed utterly as they were consumed by humans like Ancients once consumed of man. She did not know all these things, not yet at least. The offenses of the fathers would fall onto the children as they perpetuated what parents had started. She had no love left for mankind because it had none for her. Still she tolerated and thrived among them for now. A necessary sacrifice until she regained her strength, it would take years for this to be accomplished in secret. She was still prideful but she was far from foolish and she would take her time and she would not forget again. She would not believe that she could live among them as one of them, it was simply not in either of their natures.

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Fuujin%20Returns_zpsypppjmvr.jpg

With the human emotions gone from his human face he turned to address Mother Suna for even though he was not as he once was he was far more powerful and far more complete than the amalgam that contained the remnants of Homura. For the whispers and knowledge lost in the winds were his to reclaim and the sky gave its secrets to Fuujin freely. His memory was intact up to the point of his death and the servant whose body he inhabited had both human and ancient blood. It was a body more akin to that of an Unbent and as such was able to take from the natural chakra around it to exist as well. The mind and remaining soul of a master had been placed in a warrior's body. Unlike Homuraah his memories were distinct and his own and not a mixture of his servants memories. He could delve into those memories as well but they were separate, he was Fuujin's mind just no longer his true body and a ruined essence at that.

"Hahaoyasuna, you bear such dire news and wear the mantle of humanity. The winds tell me a great many things about the present, they tell me of a diamond storm that tormented the winds for decades, somehow tainted power taken from you and that of man. It seems despite all that I have missed you have been busy as it were but this is only what I can surmise now. We are in dire states and you know more of this current world than I. SHOW ME what I need to know Sister. Let us find our lost kin and take our place back in this new and damaged world. Let us bring back order as King of the Winds and Queen of the desert. Let us aid one another."<i></i><i></i>

He could not yield to assistance, he could not ask for help, such was not within his hubris. What he could do in a fashion more demanding than any politician was expect and suggest mutual support. Even though he would follow Hahaoyasuna's lead he would do so as an equal not a remnant like Homuraah whom only lived for battle. He would work with Mother Suna to take back their world piece by piece.

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Hahaoyasuna, you bear such dire news and wear the mantle of humanity. The winds tell me a great many things about the present, they tell me of a diamond storm that tormented the winds for decades, somehow tainted power taken from you and that of man. It seems despite all that I have missed you have been busy as it were but this is only what I can surmise now. We are in dire states and you know more of this current world than I. SHOW ME what I need to know Sister. Let us find our lost kin and take our place back in this new and damaged world. Let us bring back order as King of the Winds and Queen of the desert. Let us aid one another."<i></i></I><i></i>

She took in the light and the sound and the scent. It was dim, this extenuated glory. She could not say he was not strong enough, she knew the games all Ancients had to play. "I am not strong enough," she admitted a partial truth. "Our armies have been lost to the tides and they need to be recovered," she explained. She did not need to remind him that it was impossible to destroy an Ancient unless one had Shoki. Their brothers were very much alive she just needed to know where. She would be cautious for now, a war was brewing between the tribes of man. She had heard whispers and during her human span even experienced the pains of lust and wrath. She needed time to reform still and while the Kind of the Heavens would never admit he did as well.

"So, take your time... <I>enjoy this new perspective. Become more awesome in strength than you already are. ...And learn all you can about these races of men, so different from the primates and the cattle we herded. Each and every one of them now a potential Primus," she warned. That was the thing about mankind - they had an unbridled potential that even they lacked. Primus had come to know this. Came to be known as a paragon of mankind's strength to be known as a legend for something any man could have done if they had the will and determination to do so. It was always their darkest secret. "South of here is a human city called Sunagakure. The people there are foolhardy but strong. Take note of the Toraono, they have an unfounded love of demons and strangers. A saccharine greeting and an assertion of benevolent intent is all you need to win their favor and share of their bounty. Not that you need that of course." She smiled and it thinly veiled her callous intent. She did not intend harm for either house: that of the Toraono or of the Solar Court. Fuujin's pride would never allow him to give a name that was not his own and in all likelihood the Toraono would embrace him as a brother for no reason besides the fact that he was not an active threat. Still, there were some who felt otherwise and they truly should feel so. Sousuke being one of them. When he learns they, as in Homura and Fuujin have returned it will send him into a frenzy. When he learns that they have arrived at their gates and have been given a place among them it will drive him mad and perhaps even herald a civil war between the two great Sunan families: the Toraono and Takahashi.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back