Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Preparation is key (tutor)

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Ziren had called on someone who he hasn't seen for quite a while. It may have been just because he himself has been preparing for the war for these past few days.

Now, he will see if she is ready. With his talks with Kenshin, Ziren has come to know more about what to do and what is needed for the situation at hand.

The Soul that he owns, went to the Uchiha household, giving a letter to the one named Uchiha Asuka. The soul in question had black hair and was pale in skin tone. On the letter, it said:
Asuka,
We will see if you are ready for these upcoming times. Meet me in the Forest of Death.
Ziren

When she would look up, the Nara Soul would have vanished.

Back at the Forest of Death, Ziren stood with the Nara Soul, waiting for Asuka to come. He wore normal clothing, a blue shirt with black jeans. He just hopes that she doesn't fall into any traps that the Nara has set up, none of it lethal, as it is part of her tutor. He will just have to see.

Ninja wire and oil traps lay around the area here and there, waiting to catch the unsuspecting Uchiha if she isn't careful enough.

(215/1500)

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Asuka looked up from her book when she felt the presence in front of her wasn't leaving, whatever it was had been standing there for more than 10 minutes doing... whatever it was doing. With a sigh she looked up to see a black haired pale skin... ghost? The hell. Since when were ghosts real? Well, considering that Shinobi were able to drop meteors like candy, this ain't so farfetched.

Asuka took the letter and started to read it. Ziren... how long had it been since she had seen him? With a sigh she stood up and walked to the main house, Takeshi should be inside.

Once that was taken care of Asuka took off to the forest of death, it wasn't that long ways away but it still gave her time to wonder what exactly did Ziren want with her now. She did have her orders so it wasn't as if she had a choice. But anyhow, better to get this over with.

Once there she carefully looked around, she did remember the last time she was here and it wasn't pretty being in places like this always made her be on guard. All thanks to Shinzo, man that exam was terrifying. With a sigh she kept walking, after a few minutes she saw him. The man himself waiting for her. Asuka walked a bit faster and almost stepped on a wire, "god damn Ziren. He trapped the heck out of this place." but she wasn't lucky the next part, she did step on a wire and oil shot up. Drenching half her shirt.

Once close she stopped, this was enough "I appreciate the oil." She told him "Why have you called me here?"

[288/1500]

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"Do you think she will fall for the traps?" The Soul asked Ziren.

He shook his head, "She has the Sharingan, it would take more than just a few simple wires to get her caught up in it."

Just then, as if on cue, he heard her blood flow nearing, Ziren looked over to see her in time avoid a wire. But to his surprise, there was a second wire, more thin and almost invisible to the naked eye. In a split second, oil splattered across Asuka.

"She fell for it." The Soul said plainly.

"I can see that." Ziren replied. He then looked over at Asuka. "As you may have noticed, I have, or should I say, Nara Anyu, here, trapped this place. The reason? Simple, the Frost are coming and we need to be prepared. I've already asked Kenshin and he has given me permission to set traps, just need to have a mapped out plan to funnel the enemy down to choke points in the city. This is just a rushed job of what will be around the city when the time comes. Also."

He nodded to the Soul. In an instant, a black void of shadows enveloped them all. "Don't be afraid, this is just to make sure that nobody is listening in. Me and Kenshin also talked. It seems that both my and your team may be put up in the front lines, and for that, I need to see if you are prepared to your teeth with all the necessary items and weapons. I hope you have brought all of your weapons with you on this short notice. And if we don't get put on the front lines, we still need a plan A through Z of your team being at the Gates and my team being at the Park."

It was a lot to process, but to have a plan or too many plans is better than not having one at all.

Then Anyu added, "And I thought us Nara were bad when it comes to strategy. This kid never stops thinking."

Ziren sighed, "That is because I am not willing to throw away everything I know just for the sake of being alive."

He then turned to Asuka. "I got an idea. Hit me with your best combination without using Genjustu."

He nodded to Anyu, the shadow void disappeared and his shadow connected to Ziren's, binding him in place. Ziren's eyes looked at Asuka, putting full trust in her.

(632/1500)

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Asuka sighed, it seemed as though she may be the only one that saw what a true threat the frost Shinobi were. "Traps aren't going to work." She simply stated with a slight shrug "Frost Shinobi were able to take down a Sennin, god knows how strong they truly are. I highly doubt they would fall for traps like that, and how do you know any civilian could stumble upon them and get hurt in the process? You won't place them when they are actually attacking since that would be counter productive." She sighed again "My sugestion is simple, make them follow a path into a killzone, overwhelm them with sheer numbers. Hopefully that'll work." She did wonder what would work against Shinobi like that, if anything would work.

"My team is on the front lines, yours isn't." She explained, she didn't mean or want to offend. Didn't care if he did either. "My mission, as you are aware, is to simply drag the enemy towards your position. Which is why I was saying placing traps is a bad idea, instead I'll be redirecting the enemy towards your position, hopefully overwhelm them with numbers. Even if we come up with 20 different plans it will just end up confusing everybody. One plan, two at most that cover the most scenarios as possible." Whether he agreed or not was his problem, in the end it was her team responsible for bringing them in.

Asuka looked briefly at the ghost "The Nara fame themselves on being strategists, unless you're going to give some imput into the situation don't talk."

Asuka pinched the bridge of her nose and looked back at Ziren. "Ziren, I'm not going to attack you. Just tell me why I'm here? If it's not important I got to get back to work, got orders to fulfill.

[602/1500]

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Ziren nodded. "I know full well that traps in of themselves won't work. Mainly I see it that they will most likely find these areas that are trapped and want to fully avoid them, and that will effectively funnel them down to a choke point, as I said, to make them more vulnerable. As for the civilians, might I add that all of them would be in the bunkers by the time that these traps would be in place. As for trying to over whelmed them with sheer numbers." Ziren paused. "It won't be just a small band of them, it will be an army. A war."

Then Asuka went on to explain what her mission was and what his own was. Ziren let out a sigh, was he hard headed like this back when he was a teen?

"Ultimately, it comes down to what our superiors want us to do. As I have said, I have talked to Kenshin. And as I've said, there might be a change in plans in which my team will rendezvous with yours at a different time and place. Let me tell you something, young one. In the heat of battle, things change on a dime. Plans fall through, things go to hell. Remember how your soar with me went? Well let me tell you that this will be a million times more chaotic than that."

The attitude that she was giving Ziren was kind of a punch in the gut. He stayed silent for a minute, the Soul deciding to break that silence, "The guy outsmarted a Nara. Me! And I was the one that should have outsmarted him!" The bind ended and Ziren shook his head.

"Well, if you are not willing to listen, at least take this to heart." Before Ziren could finish, the Soul brought out a kunai and stabbed Ziren, ironically, was in the heart. He yelled out in pain and dismissed the spirit. "Nevermind him, he is still kinda butt hurt about me beating him."

The wound was deep, but was already healing. He brought a hand to his wound, using chakra to heal it up even faster. "Medical justsu. It can save lives. If you can't at least see my side of things, at least learn a simple healing justsu."

His hand had visible blue chakra forming around it. "In times like these, it would be wise to at least know the bare minimum of medical justsu. The important part of it, is focusing chakra to your hands, and think of something positive, happy."

(1059/1500)

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Asuka sighed, he still thought this would be huge numbers against huge numbers kind of deal. "Your logic still has a few flaws. You can't expect huge numbers, what if it's only five extremely strong Shinobi. You've seen what some of our own can do. Some can summon meteors out of the sky, some can flatten the whole leaf to rubble with one single jutsu. How do you know they are not the same? And if that's the case, a few traps that are not designed to harm the enemy won't work. They'll probably just run through them. What's your guarantee they'll be huge numbers? We don't really know what their village strength is like. Everything is up for grabs, assuming something will only get all of us killed. Don't think of one possibility Ziren." Asuka raised a finger to stop him from responding "And don't tell me you aren't, simply by telling me you expect big numbers is assuming. And I'm not going to follow someone like that, I'm sorry."

Asuka pinched the bridge of her nose. "Do you think I'm stupid? I know what the mission is and no, it doesn't come down to what the superior wants. Either we adapt or we die. Things DO change in a dime, which is why assuming is one of the worst things you can do. Cover every angle, every possibility to the best of ones abilities. Everything is uncertain..." With a pinch of her nose she stopped talking, it would only get worse if she continued, no point in arguing with someone who wouldn't have an impact.

"Don't really care how you became a pet." Asuka answered the ghost once more. "Your speech is insignifcant to me, from now on. You're ignored."

"No offense." Asuka answered concentrating Chakra to her hands. Turning a slight shade of blue. "I doubt medical ninjutsu works using "happy thoughts" as you put it. There has to be some kind of theory, knowledge on the human body for it to work correctly. Don't expect me to be happy, learning new techniques don't require an emotional state. I'm not a witch trying to conjure up a happy shield against the darkness."

[974/1500]

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Ziren looked at the teen. With a sigh, he said, "It is not assuming if it is cold hard facts. I thought you were smarter than this, Asuka. Thinking that your enemy is stronger than they are is just as dangerous as undermining them as well. As for the army, Soku was on a mission, she couldn't give me all the details for which a lot of it was highly classified. But she was able to tell me this. They had carts. Loaded with weapons. I think that you, deep down, are scared. Scared that not only would we have to deal with super powerful shinobi, but also an army to back them up. And my talks with Kenshin? He said that they think of themselves as the judge, jury, and executioner of the Leaf. They will not be holding back any punches. So with both of those, I am right to think that they will come by the hordes, to take away everything that we have all built up to this point."

He paused, then said, "And as I have said, if you were listening, the traps aren't there to exactly incapacitate the enemy, as we both know that they are smarter than that. In fact, they'll most likely avoid the traps, in which we could make a path for in which they will have to follow, in order to avoid looking dumb stumbling through obvious placed traps."

He stopped and listened to Asuka. The kid had it bad. "And not assuming is even worst. You know why? Because, if you don't think that something will happen, guess what? It will happen. And you'll be surprised. And being surprised on the battlefield is a grave mistake."

She then talked to the ghost, before Ziren had initially dismissed it, during this time, he cleared his mind. In a calm voice, he said, "You are right. When trying to put happy thoughts. But this part is more of a pyschological thing. Think of it like this. You are on the battlefield. Someone who is personally close to you is dying. Someone you think of as family. Only you are around who are able to even cast a halfway decent medical justsu. The justsu in of itself can only do so much. That is where the psychological is in. If you don't show any emotions or are mad or angry, the person will lose hope of clinging to life. But if you are happy, or at least show it,
then they will fight to live. Believe me, even in my small time of being in the Medical Branch, I have seen a lot of other medical ninja make that mistake. A mistake that costs another person their life. Tell me, do you want that person's blood on your hands, just because you are too daft to listen to someone?"

He knows he is being harsh with this, but maybe this will get an emotional reaction from her. "So if you don't think that having an emotional state helps require new techniques let me tell you this. My drive to become stronger was to show the Hokage that I am not something that he can just stamp out underneath his foot. I've grown to hate him, and I understand that even with the new powers I have obtained through my emotions, through having a drive to do something, that I am not as strong as him yet. If you lose what it means to be a human, then you are nothing but a mindless thing that does other people's biddings. You are not the Asuka I once knew. You don't even have any kind of emotions to show."

He knows that this was a lot, maybe too much. But she will need to open her eyes now, rather than later, when things do go to hell.

"If you aren't willing to show emotions, then I can't have you as the god mother of my children. They need someone who not only is strong, but someone who can care for them and show emotions as well."

(1741)
(Posts 4/5)

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Smarter than this?" She simply stated with a sigh "I'm not the one thinking on one plan that might not work. I'm not the one insulting someone without knowing what exactly they are thinking. I'm not saying your plan is flawed. I'm not the one trying to give excuses on a simple mindset. I'm simply trying to open that thick head of yours and think on more than one thing. As you stated, battles change in a whim. And me scared? You certainly don't know me. Hell! I to be completely honest, I don't think you ever did." She stopped for a few seconds, she was getting carried away. Think with logic, not emotion. "That's the problem, you think you're right about them coming with hordes. But when Chuunin Frost Shinobi can drop meteors out of the sky as if they were firecrackers they won't need a hoard." This argument is pointless, there's no point in continuing with this.

"That's not my point." She stated pinching the bridge of her nose, she isn't going to learn anything. "You're talking about calming someone down. About giving someone something to live for. And I'm sorry, but I'm not able to be like everyone else. I am physically incapable to feel happiness. I am incapable of showing someone emotions other than simple words of comfort that don't require facial expressions. Hell, if worse comes to worst I'll knock them out with a seal, easier for me to work with." She sighed once more, god this guy was annoying. "I'm listening to you. But you're definetely not listening to me. Who's the one being daft here?"

"You want me to show emotions? To be honest?" She shrugged "Allright. Fine. I don't care what your plan is. I don't care what your motives are, what drives you to be stronger. I don't give a shit about this whole ordeal, I came here because I was ordered to widen my arsenal of skills which, by the way, you haven't helped with." She took a step closer. "Ever since I came here, you've told me about your plan against frost, which doesn't help me one bit. About emotions WHILE performing medical ninjutsu, not actual medical ninjutsu." She snickered "Funny thing is, your a medical ninja that can't teach because your thoughts are somewhere else. So I do appreciate the "lesson" on human emotions. But unfortunately there won't be a next time, only thing you did was waste my time."

"If you want me to stop being a godmother." She sighed turning around, her back facing Ziren. "It's your decision to make, just don't waste my time with pep talks and get to the point. Placing her hands on her pockets Asuka sighed "I'm not the girl you once knew, you're right on that. But then again, you never knew me. You don't know me. Now let me out, I no longer want to be here." To be honest, she was tired on listening to stupid arguments that never got anywhere, coming here was a mistake and she had known it was going to be. Waste of time and she never even got to learn anything. But she did wonder what would be next, maybe a tutor with Takeshi? Or a class with Sensei? She did need to go and report her last mission to Shinzo. So much stuff to do.

[WC=1550/1500]
[4th post]

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Ziren had let Asuka speak her mind, of how lowly she had thought of him. He let out a sigh.

"You sure have changed. For better or worst, I don't know yet. I just hope that it doesn't become a burden when the time comes for us to fight the Frost. And even though you are right that they very much well be able to send meteors out of the sky, you also gotta think. They are out for blood. A vengeful mind would want to see someone tortured, would want them begging to live. A simple meteor shower over the Village would not bring that satisfaction as it would only be short lived. And as for your thinking, I'm sorry, but you will most likely get someone killed, knocking a person out while trying to heal them. And as for listening goes, I have been listening. I have agreed on some points that you have brought up, when saying that you are right on some small details, but it is you that has not. Not even putting into consideration of anything I say. Shooting down anything and everything that comes out of the my own mouth. And as for learning goes, you cannot just dilly dally around with medical ninjustu if you can't even learn the basics before even performing them. Once we are out there on the field, everything matters. I just don't want reality to hit you in the face when it is too late to do so. And sometimes the best thing is to teach something else other than how to best the snot out of other people or even healing. I just hope you don't get yourself hurt out there."

He let out a sigh, he didn't really get an emotional reaction out of her. It was sad, really, he just hopes that she will wake up from her little dream soon. "Go. Make sure to talk to the people of your squad, at least get to know how they fight so you all can work together."

Ziren walked away from the girl he had once knew. He deep down worried about her. But he can only go so far to help her. Sometimes, the only way for someone to help another, is for that person to help themselves.

(Tutor complete, claiming rewards for both of us)
(+1500)
(Tlus)

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Asuka didn't listen to the rest of what he said, she had wasted enough of her time being here and she just wanted to get back to work. With another sigh she waited, his voice going through one ear ant out the other. She no longer cared. Once the dome vanished, she dissapeared. Teleporting back to the gates, waiting for orders.

[WC=+1,500]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back