Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Preparation [OPEN]

Riku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Out behind the academy was the famed training where many shinobi had begun their ascent to fame and glory. Where many have shed blood, sweat, and tears in the name of training, of becoming a better shinobi. Riku also hoped the same of himself. It was the third day this week the young boy had come to train. After all, with an upcoming Genin exam, Riku had to be at his very best. And there was no better way than training day in and day out.

Riku could be found standing in a field by himself. Though to him, he was not alone. Before him was his imaginary friend, Tora. Another student even stronger than Riku. "I'm going to beat you this time. " Riku stated, huffing heavily as sweat beaded upon his skin and rolled down his face, dripping from his chin. "Fat chance. You're still too weak." Tora spat back. Riku heard the tone of his voice and realized that Tora wasn't playing. He actually meant it. Something had been going on lately. Tora as becoming meaner and more hostile as the days passed by. Riku and Tora hardly ever saw eye to eye anymore. They use to play together but now all they did was spar. And even so, their sparing had gradually become more like a real fight every time it took place. At this rate, the two would be mortal enemies.
OOC said:
Thread created and Entered
Heads up, Tora is an imaginary friend, so you won't be able to see, hear, or feel anything he does. He's just here to help flesh out Riku's character

Uchiha Sensu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The steps of a boy were heard as he ambled through the streets with a quick succession. His feet were headed anywhere they felt the urge to stop at, his mind quickly allowing for that to take place, "Boredom kills," the Uchiha said to himself as he ran. The eyes of pity always kept on him. He gritted his teeth once he saw that, "Damn noisy bastards....", he thought, not knowing why people always gave him that pitiful look of theirs, but he opted to continue on his way to a destination that eased this boredom.

As he was running, he was looking around, catching a glimpse of every store, place, and things in his environment. Sensu saw the academy and remembered the training grounds that were located behind the academy. He grew a grin and shifted his movements, running towards the academy's training grounds. He halted, momentarily, and popped his head from the side of the building. "HAHAHA. Someone to play with," he exclaimed out loud as he ran towards the boy, but stopped just seconds after hearing the boy speak to himself. Sensu arched a brow in confusion before speaking, ".... broskie.... what ... when... I mean--who are you talking to?" he asked the kid.

Riku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Riku's attention had been taken by a young child entering the training area and speaking to him. His eyes fell upon the child now before him. "I'm talking to.." Riku went to point at Tora but once again, the elder student had disappeared with out saying a word. Of course he would leave at a time like this. Training was just getting good. ""I was talking to a friend of mine. Don't worry about him, he's been a grouch lately." Riku stated, his words kinder then they should have been.

"Who would you be, young one?" The pre-teen spoke as if he were wise, though he wasn't. Not nearly as much as he thought he was at least. Riku observed the boy before him. Black clothes, appearance of a 7 year old, maybe eight. And a large scar under his chin. What happened to the poor child to form such a scar? "Nice scar, how'd you get it?" Riku asked realized too late of how insensitive his question was.

Uchiha Sensu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC: Sorry, I should be more specific about my scar. It runs from my lower right eye bag, through the middle of my nose, and down to the lower left chin, so it is across his face

The boy looked around to see if he could catch a glimpse of the boy he was referring to, but he saw nothing. He shrugged his shoulders, "I scared him away," he said whilst shrugging.

He rose up his hand and clenched his fist, his knuckles directed at the older kid in front of him, "I can't believe he doesn't know me," he thought to himself, it wasn't unusual for people to know whom he was, but that just made him happy that someone didn't know who he was, "I'm Sensu, Uchiha Sensu!.... Remember my name, because I will be the best warrior the world has seen!" he responded to him while fist bumping with his closed fist.

The boy then began pondering when the second question was asked, he stopped talking completely, and began reminiscing on how he received the scar. He shivered slightly, after, half a minute of talking. His hands were clenched the whole time he was recalling the past, and they squeezed harder every second. Blood slowly slithering down his palms and onto the floor, "Some bastard did this to me," was all he said, he didn't bother with saying anything else.

Riku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Riku seemed to have struck a nerve. It was inevitable. A scar like that must have one hell of a story behind it. He was lively up to that point. Too bad Riku spoke without thinking. "You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to, Sensu-chan." Riku said with a smile. With two younger siblings, Riku knew how to deal with children better than most.

"I am Tanimoto Riku. But you can just call me Riku." Riku didn't mention his family name often. After all, it was famed by his father and his father's father with the family fishing business. Though Riku didn't care to have any part of that. "So you're a student as well then? Fantastic! I hope you grow up to realize your dream as I will realize mine."

Shizu Kai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Meanwhile the boy Kai had finished a light-blue-and-grey-swirled cloud sucker he had gotten at the Plaza on his way to the Academy training field. He looked around happily at the other shops and attractions along the way but kept going. Once he was there, he decided to enter the back of the training field quietly. He would stay there in the back for now at least, maybe until later on when it would be for sure empty. Kai had found a spot far enough that it hopefully would be negligible by anyone that may have come in the field front. He came for a little training like any of the other aspiring shinobi in the village. He started gaining his focus and then signed for the general clone technique. The puff cloud cleared to show a failed clone form. Kai sighed, but he would feel relieved if no one saw that. “It was fine, first try, nothing ventured, nothing gained,” he thought before focusing and proceeding to try it again. He looked around before making the hand sign again, exhaling right before activating it. He looked over in slow anticipation to see a successful clone of himself. At that moment, he got so excited that he fist pumped “Yeah!” The clone disappeared, and Kai ran through the field, a little too excited to remember where he came in at. He came across two other boys on the other side of the field and stopped. “Oh hello,” Kai said to them both, hearing that they were academy students as well.

[Topic Entered]
[MFT] [WC 259]

Uchiha Sensu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sensu turned his head away from Riku, and then looked at the ground. His facial expression was clearly still angered, but he managed to break it off and smile upon hearing Riku's next dialogue, "I know we will!" he exclaimed with such enthusiasm, and put his fist in the air. He began shadow boxing, to the side of Riku, out of pure excitement,

"Nice to meet you Riku!" he said loud enough for the whole area to hear. "HEH. I can't wait to get this show on the road, I cant wait to be a genin so I can prove to Kumogakure I will be the best," he said out loud once again. He was about to speak again, when he heard the sudden footsteps of someone running. Sensu turned around, and glared down the position from where the footsteps were traveling, he saw as a young boy, much his age, approached them. Sensu gave off a faint smile, "HELLO! I am Sensu, Uchiha Sensu and I will be the greatest warrior one day!" he told the boy. He was really starting to sound like a scratched up CD. "Who are you, broskie?" he asked, "OH! This is RIku, by the way," he continued before Kai could speak, while pointing at the boy next to him.

Riku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"So you want to be Genin then, Sensu? That's what I'm training for right now. I have my Genin exam coming up soon." Riku said with a grin that flaunted how excited nature. Soon enough, he would be able to call himself a Genin. And that would make him one step to his ultimate goal, Raikage.

That Sensu boy was seemed filled to the brim with excitement once again. Then another child join the duo in the training grounds. But before he could get around the introducing himself, Sensu took up that liberty for him. "Yo." Riku couldn't think of anything else to say as Sensu had covered the basic introductions and 'who are you' question.

Shizu Kai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"I'm Kai, Shizu Kai!" he introduced himself to them. As he heard Sensu's dream, he pondered on his a second before responding. "Cool Sensu! I want to become strong too, so I can go on missions and see the world." Simple enough, but he needed an end goal. "Out there, I want to learn the best jutsu of each element. Sennin of the Elements, Kai!" he explained. Trouble is he did not even know where to start, or what nations bordered the Cloud Village's nation. Maybe he could find it out by starting here. "Ours is Lightning, right?" he said, as with this he can set his first element aim. He would still have to graduate the Academy first though. "It could be a start, but first, Genin!"

Uchiha Sensu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Good luck! I'll be there before you know it!" Sensu shouted, he didn't know what else to say, but he didn't stop grinning. Sensu knew that he would definitely make it to be the greatest warrior, whether that would be manifested through becoming Raikage, or something or some other means.

"Sup, Kai," he continued when he addressed Kai. The boy, Kai, seemed like a friendly fellow, but hearing the boys dreams and aspirations gave Sensu something to ponder for the rest of the few minutes he was speaking: What did he want to be known as? What was his title, that he wished for people to call him. Many thoughts filled his mind, but he shook it off and continued to listen to Kai. "Yeah.." he responded hesitantly, "I mean.... I think..." he replied back,"I'm not too sure.. maybe Riku knows," he said, and looked over at Riku. Sometimes people did end up having a different affinity, but most of the times, people were born with Lightning... at least that's what he thought.

Riku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He listened to both his younger companions speak of dreams and hopes with a gleaming smile. It was hopeful students like this that would make him proud to be Raikage some day. But they seemed a bit confused on the elemental front. Riku, having taking an affinity class, could chime in with a few corrections. "That use to be true, but the world is a much different place than it use to be." Riku tried to find the words to explain it to them as it was explained to him. "Each and every person is unique in their own way. Meaning each person has an affinity to a certain base element."

"I just so happen to have a natural affinity of the lightning release." Riku said as he completed a row of hand seals then held out his hand for the two to watch. A small ball of lightning chakra began to form in the palm of his hand, sparks flying off a few feet. Purely for show, this technique wasn't harmful unless directly touched. "However, even though my affinity is lightning, I can still learn how to perform other elemental releases." With another string of hand signs, Riku summoned a tendril of water and strike a nearby practice dummy. "I hear it isn't easy learning every base element. But with plenty of training, I'm sure you can realize your dream some day, Kai-kun." The elder boy said with a smile. "The first step is finding out what your affinity is and starting with that. It will be the easiest for you to learn."

Shizu Kai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kai turned to Riku. As he starting explaining elemental affinities the subject started to get clearer some for Kai. "Oh that's good," Kai said while smiling. He liked the idea that everyone had their own unique element, a unique element independent of the villages' elements themselves. Kai watched intently as Riku showed a glimpse of his lightning affinity and water release. It was true that learning each base element wouldn't be easy. "I will. It will be a fun challenge," he said. He was getting excited the more he thought about it. He nodded eagerly. "My own affinity, then I can't wait to beginning learning the other elements, as I make it through Genin, the Main Branch."

"What do you want to be, Riku?"

Riku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Riku smiled as he heard the excitement in Kai's voice. The two were much alike. Though maybe not goal wise, their personality had more features in common. They both had a great outlook for themselves as well for life. And though it may take many big steps, they each had large goals. Riku couldn't help but see a little bit of himself in Kai. He knew they would become good friends. "Well, Kai-kun, my goal is simple. Ultimately, I'm aiming to become Raikage some day." He said loud and proud. "Though you're right. The first step is graduate the academy and become a Genin. That's actually why I'm here right now, I'm training for my upcoming Genin Exam." Riku may have mentioned it before, but he still couldn't believe he had come so far already.

OOC said:
Skipping Sensu to continue.

Shizu Kai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Indeed Kai was thoroughly excited for it; he was looking forward to his dream very much. Maybe they could be good friends, he was kind of glad he met the two of them. It was a nice change from Kai keeping to himself like he was used to. "Raikage, eh? That's great, best of luck to you~" he replied. He thought that Riku just might be a great Raikage someday. To pass the academy and make Genin as the first step was settled. "Nice, I'm still early in the academy days, but I hope I will be closer to the Genin Exams soon enough." During the time that he would be finding his affinity and learning the other elements, he was thinking that he would join in Main Branch and its missions for his branch choice. "What would the Main Branch be like?" he thought. He had read before that "Kumogakure possesses three distinct branches with their own unique roles: the Main Branch, who take contracts to enrich the village and who provide logistical support; the Medical Branch, who treat the sick and wounded and research how to create better ninja; and the ANBU, who are responsible for village security and for enforcing shinobi law. Each branch is led by a seasoned member of the village, titled Sennin, and each Sennin in turn reports directly to the Raikage. The Raikage holds ultimate responsibility and authority for the well-being of all citizens of Kumogakure no Sato, and holds the title "Daimyo.""

[MFT] [WC 250]

Riku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Riku was glad to see a hopeful student and he was even happier to know his goal wasn't crazy. Though not everyone is meant to become a kage, he felt that he just may be able to make such a dream become reality. Riku had goofed off enough for the time being, he needed to get back to training. Out of the corner of his eye, he spotted a shadow near the tree line to the forest. His eyes glanced over to see Tora being discreet and hiding among the brush. Riku's cheerful demeanor vanished as he recalled a bone he had to pick with Tora. "I'll see you around, Kai-kun. I need to get back to training." He said as he wondered towards the forest. The figment of his imagination no longer visible to even his own eye. But he was determined to get to the bottom of their issues.
OOC said:
Thread left

Shizu Kai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Alright cya, good luck!" Kai said with a slight wave of his hand. After, Riku headed towards the forest to continue training. Kai looked around and upon thinking, he remembered where he came in before bumping into Sensu and him. Kai left front field to return to his previous spot in back. He stood under a tree there, a water element jutsu flashed, resuming his own training.

[Topic Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back