Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

[Private - Hayata] The Ministry of Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Santaru Rin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC said:
This topic takes place after the Hayata rescue mission.

Rin had made an appointment with Hayata's secretary some days before. Still, the old Sennin felt as though she had fallen behind--she had many things she needed to tell the Raikage, and many more questions to ask. The last time she had spoken privately with the man, he had been about to surrender himself to his mad uncle. Fortunately, events from that point had more or less proceeded along her projections, and Cloud was not now down a valued leader. Even now she had the urge to breathe a sigh of relief. How many Kage had she outlasted? Aion, Takao, Ryuuto, Shinbatsu, Kiyo... The sad fact was that, short of murder, she would likely survive Hayata Shin as well. Such was simply the nature of his position. It devoured men and women like a cougar ate rabbits...

She sat silently in the waiting room outside of Hayata's office, hands resting atop a thin portfolio. She didn't need prompts for her own memory; rather they would serve as visual aides to keep the attention of a very busy man. The materials were an executive summary, so to speak--abstracts of personal information and of proposals. Her hands were icy cold and suffered a fine tremor. Was it age? Stress? Sorrow? The accumulated regrets of years... Unlike her peers, Santaru Rin had not transcended her own mortality through transubstantiation, apotheosis, resurrection, or occultation into legend. She was rapidly approaching her fifties, carrying with her all the persistent damage of decades of battles with her fellow man and personal demons.

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The door open slowly as Shin's emerged. He was drenched in beads of sweat after spending hours in meditation. He requested not to be disturbed but his Sennin needed him so he postpone his activity. After the revelation and apparent lost of his long lost uncle he was still in mental shock. Generally Shin despised the acts of pride as his mother taught him to refrain from but he was still a man who boastful with his mind. Ironic, despite what has happened, Shin was still a prideful Hayata no different from his father or his uncle.

Shin removed a small white handkerchief from within his coat wiping his brow and his mouth glasses. He walked closer bowing apologetically as he began to speak. "My apologies Rin I have been in a state of deep meditation. I was not expecting your presence. Please come inside." Shin said as he showed her to his door.

As they entered it would be difficult to imagine that they were still at Tore Celese or even Kumogakure for that matter. The only thing that looked the same was the door but everything else was a scene of a calm day at a river bank. The two could hear rushing waters as they passed a small calm river and proceeded to get closer to the waterfall. On a small boulder was an opened book which emanating an intense light. Shin closed the book and the scene that surrounding them faded away like a dissipating fog. The book was now on top of his usual desk and various stacks of papers that surrounded it. Shin offered her a seat as he took his.

"How can I be of service." Shin asked as he clasped his hands on the desk.

"Please take a seat

Santaru Rin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"I'm sorry to disturb you, Hayata-sama." Hayata had probably been so busy with the aftermath of the assault on the Torre Celeste that he'd never even gotten word of the appointment she'd made. Rin only smiled apologetically. She remembered her feelings after Ryuuto never returned. Hayata's pain could only be worse.

She followed Hayata into his... Office? The place was more accurately called a glade. Another Uchiha genjutsu? she wondered, turning her attentions to the Raikage instead. He looked drawn, and whatever he'd been doing before she arrived had left him drenched in sweat. Such disorder was unlike Hayata. She accepted his invitation and sat across from his desk. One did not simply refuse an invitation from the Raikage.

She linked her fingers together over the portfolio in her lap.

"Several matters concern me, and us," she replied to his prompting. "There is the matter of Souseiki. I do not know your intentions regarding the trial, but I am concerned it will become a circus. There is little else I can say on that matter specifically. I understand our laws intimately, but I am not an advocate or barrister, and a Sennin has not been on trial in Cloud within living memory. He isn't a civilian, though, and as such, a martial tribunal would be more in order. He has laid low since our last meeting, which is both a relief and a concern.

"What I am really concerned about... I pledged to explain to you the nature of my evidence on the blackmail of the Inuzuka." She looked down at the surface of the Raikage's desk. "After I retired, I ceased practice of the nin-dou. I did not expect to ever be recalled to active service. In fact, I expected to be assassinated should another Raikage ever come to power after Shinbatsu, and so, over the years, I awaited death. You know that my god is a god of war, and that we Santaru believe we carry his blood, or his companions' blood..." She awaited an answer before continuing.

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
She deliberated on the Souseiki affair restating her proposal to do away with him. It was not like she was going to give up that conversation anytime soon. However, she did make a valid point. Shin did have alternative motive for not removing Souseiki from office and the obvious reason was to keep tabs on him. Unfortunately, Shin's foresight had betrayed him; there was no word of where he was or where he went. Was Shin too legalistic to be blind of this fact?

She continued her monologue which gave way to the real reason she came. Her countenance was despondent. Her eyes lingered at desk feeling distant as she expresses her fears. There were not many opportunities for Shin to see Rin so distraught and helpless; she always seems to carry an aura of courage and her laceration of Shin's actions was always an interesting quality. "Interesting" Shin thought to himself. What events could have transpired that would cause Rin to believe that village's wrath was upon her. From what Shin could recall, Takaki Masao and Santaru Rin were discharged honorable unless there is something he was missing.

"What did you do that has compelled you to say this" Shin said. His gray eyes peered out of his tinted glasses bringing Rin to focus her attention on him

Santaru Rin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"What did I do? Ah. I see..." Rin shook her head, though her eyes remained downcast. "I'm sorry, Hayata-sama, but you misunderstand. As two people privy to as much information as we had in our roles, we were a danger to the village, yet we were allowed to retire and leave. Though we did not betray Hidden Cloud in word or deed, those who succeeded us, and all the Raikage from then forward, must have perceived in us a risk. And so I waited to die.

"That is not the Santaru way. That is not the way of Raijin, lord of lightning. A Santaru does not simply sheathe her sword. Once we bare blades, metaphorically speaking, we fight until death. Such is the ruin of my clan... And Raijin rescinded his grace from me, I thought. Neither of my children follow my bloodline, and I no longer can call on the storm. I wield no sword of oblivion." She glanced up into Hayata's grey gaze. "Do you understand my meaning?"

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shin brow lower as he kept his gaze Rin. Shin has never taken the time to study Rin since she had last retired. Her young strong face that she once held was replaced by a rough exterior. He could see cracks of wrinkles etched her skin like broken crack lines in newly cemented concrete. Her bright hair was loosing its notorious sheen; her hair line draped down like a curtain onto her shoulders. The only thing that did not escape her were her vibrant large blue eyes. Despite her change in appearance, some how Shin is still able to see the same Rin that he had remembered.

"Yes I do understand but I find your fears based on unfounded evidence. If the village felt that you hold fragile information then the information would have been removed or at least you would not been allowed to retire outside of the village. Simply waiting to die is a pointless endeavor. Perhaps you were not fully aware of the possible candidates that would succeed Shinbatsu but I am disappointed that you did make any calculations." Shin paused. "Regardless, I believe you did not just want to talk about your retirement. Let me ask you this, are you bringing this up because of what Souseki said earlier?"[/b]"

Santaru Rin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Given what I know about this village, I believe your confidence in our past leaders' fair mindedness is unjustified. Remember: you, too, have thought of us as merely tools. A tool in your hand is one thing. The same tool in another's hand, though, is another. What Souseiki said or didn't say is meaningless--he is ignorant and simply trying to sow discord. No. What I am telling you is that my god, I thought, disowned me for putting down the sword. What I am getting to is the result of this thought.

"When you recommissioned me for my task, I was unfit for the physical duties of a shinobi. I fasted for days and prayed at the clan shrine for my Lord's forgiveness. Though I forfeited leadership years ago, they could not deny me that. And there, at last, I received a revelation from Lord Raijin. And now I have, I believe, realized it to its greatest potential. I have reconciled the techniques of a fallen hero, a demon's descendant, and the divine breath.

"So. With what I learned, I was able to read the mind of Inuzuka Gekido. I cannot see into all hearts all the time, but I can see enough some of the time. If you can rely on my word as truth, then such is the manner of that testimony. The other issues I uncovered before our meeting... I think those issues lend more credibility.

"But I am more concerned that you know the extent of my power, as I am now--as I am now a tool in your hand, rather than one rusting idly."

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shin took a moment to himself. It was surprising to see how much devoted Rin was to her 'lord' and to think that her faith could lead her to pursue such abilities was disconcerting. What other actions has she committed in the name of her god? Shin could never understand the inane fascination to following Kumogakure's derelict traditions. In fact, it was these practices that Shin believes to be the cause of civil turmoil within Kumogakure ever since Aion had departed and Shinbatsu had reigned. Some people even believed that Shinbatsu was a messiah or some form of diety in his years of power. At the time, Shin could only see it a means for people to keep their mind in tune to reality. For them it was a way for them to relate to each other and to make sense of the world that the lived in.

"It is not a matter of confidence rather your logical assertions." Shin said waving his hand swaying away the frivolous statement. "Regardless, as you said I am a bit more concerned that you disregarded my warning against seeking such abilities. Saying that you achieved this power in the name of some god is just another excuse. You must understand that I don't share the same dogmatic faith that the rest of the village professes and I say this with no disrespect. There are just some things that men are not ready to dabble with." Shin said. He let out a deep breath as he went back into his thoughts. He knew this very well in a personal way. The fact that his father would attempt experiments to his mother for the sake of science was detestable. Even though Shin still honors his father it is his father's hubris that he whole fully strays away from. He did not want to see his comrades seeking the same things.He gave a moment for Rin to collect her thoughts. There was difficult to see what Shin was feeling. There was not much emotion shown by the tinted glasses that made him so distant from Rin. She could still see the movement in his brows as

"Do you know why I designed Deta?" Shin

Santaru Rin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"There are just some things that men are not ready to dabble with," the Raikage finished, visibly disappointed.

"Hayata, you know I have no space to call you a heretic anyway. The path I follow is more offensive to the priests than your agnosticism, simply because my beliefs are heterodox and they preach always and nothing but orthodoxy. I think your willingness to not just believe but say otherwise is... Refreshing."

"Do you know why I designed Deta?" he asked.

"I could guess. Honestly, I do think Deta makes you a hypocrite on the matter of forces men should not toy with. A man is born of a woman. It is unnatural, and I find it terribly disturbing," she replied. Rin had only ever related to Hayata Shin in a direct manner. Sometimes not even she was sure of the territory from which arose that terrible straight-forwardness, but the words he and she exchanged had always been sharp with what each believed was true. Conversations were not just idle chatter but the wounds exchanged in traditional shinobi sparring on a different field and with a different set of techniques. If he felt bruised after such a meeting, then it was natural that she, too, felt exposed afterward.

The man had no feeling for the faith she held and viewed it as illogical and thus unnecessary--the kami which shaped their world had no place in his perspective. She had to accept that from where he sat, such unnecessary things could not exist, and things which did not exist had no place in the rational ordering of mankind's affairs. But beliefs in the unseen, the intangible, and that-which-was-hidden did shape so many interactions, and were made the vehicle of so many deeds, heroic and depraved. Was 'look underneath the underneath' not the best expression of that faith?

But Rin had to admit that even by the religious standards of Kumogakure, her beliefs were bent harshly towards the mystic end, and dangerous for that... So I will not push.

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shin shifted back as he pressed his fingers together. It did not surprise him that clergy would decry her actions as heretical. As long as Shin had remembered Rin was not a woman to blindly follow the orders of others. His only concern was whether her duties would be distracted by her devotion.

"I see." Shin said not quite satisfied with the response.

"Going back to Deta, we all know that chakra is life energy." Shin said as he lifted palm bringing out a light blue light. "As shinobi we use this energy to create jutsu, but we can only access this energy through the use of seals. These seals prevent us from overexerting ourselves." Shin said as he released the light blue energy from his hand. "Deta is this life energy personified, specifically Akira Saito, Karubin, Kogan, and myself."

"It would be logical deduction to say that Deta is a clone, but that would be incorrect. Clones are quantized chakra that share the same similar restrictions that shinobi do, but Deta is holistically formed and does not exhibit such restraints. In fact, Deta requires no handseals when producing any jutsu. Essentially, if you were to remove my chakra and removed all chakra constraints it would form Deta. He is more than me than you really know. Every living being is capable of personifying their chakra which will lead to efficiency when using jutsu. More importantly, it would give us a better understanding of chakra and to prevent ourselves from perverting our abilities." Shin said. He paused for a moment to give her time to think.

Santaru Rin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Rin pursed her lips. "I fail to see how this is less of a perversion than stealing a corpse or robbing a Hyuuga of his precious eyes. Perhaps it is even moreso--the former is simply cannibalism. You are perverting not only your own life essence, but the life essences of other heroes of our village and holding that life power outside of you in a permanent form imbued with its own will. If it succumbs to some evil, as a thing without a conscience and under your aegis, then you have none but yourself to blame, Hayata."

She shook her head. "Kinjutsu was not the only thing I came to speak with you about. I fear we will only argue if that's our topic of discussion. I had a talk with Isaki Kushin about one of our shinobi. I think it is high time we took a more organized approach to the mental health plague in this village. Though years ago we managed to stem the tide of executions of ill shinobi, we still have not successfully addressed this problem in a comprehensive, consistent fashion. Not only is this a public health problem, it is an issue of village--even national--security. International, if one of our most vulnerable goes rogue in response to delusions and then attacks one of our neighboring nations. Will you hear me out?"

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Her fears were improbably. Shin had made sure that Deta would not fall into such a debauchery state where Deta's dogmatic views would overrule the village. Why did she not understand that Deta was not a threat nor become an opprobrium to humanity. The only thing she be concern would be how someone could abuse his knowledge of chakra personification. It was a miracle that Shin was even able to do this considering those long years of chakra composition.

"I am sure that you would have nothing to worry about Deta, Rin. It is man that you should be afraid." Shin said debasing her fears.

She shook her head. "Kinjutsu was not the only thing I came to speak with you about. I fear we will only argue if that's our topic of discussion. I had a talk with Isaki Kushin about one of our shinobi. I think it is high time we took a more organized approach to the mental health plague in this village. Though years ago we managed to stem the tide of executions of ill shinobi, we still have not successfully addressed this problem in a comprehensive, consistent fashion. Not only is this a public health problem, it is an issue of village--even national--security. International, if one of our most vulnerable goes rogue in response to delusions and then attacks one of our neighboring nations. Will you hear me out?"

"Could you be a bit more specific with your concerns? Who is this shinobi that you are referring? I have no doubt that this is an issue even more so in this new generation. Have you met with a young girl named Kahako?" Shin said.

Shin shook his hand disregarding his statement waiting to see her reaction. "Regardless, please continue."

Santaru Rin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"The individual isn't the specific concern," Rin replied. "Nor have I met a Kahako, though one was involved at the problem at the Academy during the new year festivities. Putting that aside..." She slowed for a moment, thinking of how best to state her idea.

"At the end of the Kage-less era, Masao and I instituted reforms with Shinbatsu-sama to reduce the number of shinobi executed on grounds of treason when their offenses were primarily of a non-violent nature. An example is someone attempting to go missing without attempted murder or assault.

"We had researched the previous years of such crimes and found that many shinobi who attempted to go rogue were suffering from mental illnesses. These people had noticeable symptoms before they tried to flee, but no one from the Medical Branch, Main Branch, or ANBU had tried to get these sick shinobi any treatment or rehabilitation.

"In nearly every case, the shinobi in question had committed a minor crime or experienced a severe shock during a mission, exam, or in their private life which led to psychological imbalance. These signs went ignored by the village and the established government.

"We succeeded at that time in diverting some individuals from sure death. We also increased the number of acutely mentally ill shinobi involuntarily committed to the Takao ward for long-term treatment. However, psychiatric research at that facility all but stopped after the disappearance of Taji Yuki and Santaru Ryuuto. The same problem occurred in the ANBU branch. We were unable to sustain such research with the resources at hand. I am ashamed that we were unable to provide a more holistic solution. Reducing the number of deaths is not a source of pride. It is shameful that Kumogakure killed so many to begin with, and we only set the village back on the course of reason. Now, however, I believe we can do better by our shinobi than simply incarcerating them.

"At the time of my first tenure as ANBU Sennin, we also began keeping a list of subjects we considered flight risks. You, Hayata Shin-sama, were on this list. So were many others." She was not even slightly apologetic in her tone. Being put on lists was the fate of most ninja, especially Uchiha.

"This list was kept quiet, and will continue to be kept quiet, as it does no good being publicized. We can do better than petty lists, though."

She opened the folio she had brought into the office with her. The first page was a list of names. She offered the page to Hayata Shin, facing it toward him for his easy perusal.

"This is a list of shinobi with known psychoses, including multiple identity disorder, mood disorders, and personality disorders. It is a short list because it is incomplete. This list is already too long.

"I propose the creation of a database between the hospital and the ANBU to track ill shinobi for the purpose of treatment and intervention. In the second, I propose the creation of a joint treatment facility between the hospital and the ANBU for the purpose of said treatments of shinobi we evaluate as not requiring indefinite in patient treatment at the Takao Institute. In the third, I propose a specialist unit from the Main Branch, partnering with the Medical branch, with auxiliary support from the ANBU, for crisis interventions in the case of suicide attempts, murder attempts, and rogue attempts precipitated by such grave sickness."

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shin listened to what Rin had to say and she had much to say. She was meticulous with her words presenting Shin with a general capitulation starting from the history of mental illness in Kumogakure to her own propositions. She paused for a moment to reach to her lap where she lifted the parcel that she was holding in the lobby. Shin opened revealing a slew of names written with excruciating detail ranging from incidents to rehabilitation dates. It was not difficult to find his own named plastered at the near the beginning of the documents. There were mentions of the destructive incident in Susukino District that caused thousands of property damage as well as his severe teaching methods.

Shin calmly closed the folder as he began to clear his throat. "It is well documented, Rin." Shin commented. "I agree to your proposals; however there are some general concerns that I need to address as well as my own questions. Let me start with my questions. Why do you feel the ANBU should be heavily involved in this or better question how much control do you feel each division will have. How will deal with your ANBU inflicted with possible mental illness and will it jeopardize this system as a whole? Furthermore, how are we going to go about proclaiming someone as mentally ill especially if these illness are caused by internal forces?"

Santaru Rin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Rin had expected more resistance, or at least more ambivalence, from Hayata. She exhaled softly through her nose, re-ordering her supporting arguments in light of his receptiveness.

"First, I believe ANBU should be involved because we are the major policing organization over Kumogakure's shinobi--thus we are often on the front lines of handling incidents involving imbalanced elements of the village's ninja. We see them both in these flagging incidents and at the inevitable crisis. Second, because we are also the most well-positioned to capture information on shinobi and assist in identifying individuals either already in the grip of illness or prone to illness. Our screening methods help detect these problems, but until now, there has been very little opportunity to put this data to a productive use before a problem arises. The data's utility has been limited to keeping individuals out of some sensitive areas, but has not been utilized in providing treatment or rehabilitation.

"Second, it is not a question of control from the divisions. What we would be doing is enhancing the free flow of information between those who witness disordered behavior and those who can most efficiently treat it. As it is, we already assist in involuntary commitments. From a public health standpoint, that is simply insufficient. We can do more to help our people than lock them away. The roles of our staff will change--in a more positive manner, I hope. Our protocol for screening and flagging will become more robust, and we may be able to help intervene and save lives earlier, rather than ending them later.

"Third, it is because of the diseases of mind and spirit I've observed among ANBU that I propose this. And they would be targets for such treatment. But the ANBU is not alone in this; illness haunts all three services. You know this to be true. How much better could our lives be if we weren't yoked to these problems? Sickness shouldn't be destiny. How much safer the village, the nation, and the world if we did not ignore our duty to our own people?

"Fourth--we already have the mechanisms in place to identify the worst of our ill population. Screenings, review of records, and even patrols. We barely scrape 2% of our afflicted. Being able to do more with that information we already have would be a great help. Being able to recommend treatment and have individuals who can provide it would help. Mandatory annual at minimum psychiatric evaluation would help. Mandatory evaluations in response to low-level criminal offenses would help. Evaluations as part of debriefing after deep cover and extremely violent missions would help! All of these tools we have lying around can tell us who needs help. We must develop more expertise in delivering that help, but we cannot do that without first trying to render aid. Identifying these people through intelligence we already have means we can give them treatment--either by ordering them to receive it or taking the treatment directly to them.

"You seem to want to be a man of peace leading a people of war. I am offering to establish a practice which will help our people win their internal battles between sickness and their better natures. It may help drain the poison in our own community and put us on a better path to the future. This is a legacy worth leaving." By the end of her talk, she was leaning forward over the table, eyes lit with passion. With people looking out for others, if she had been looking out for others, cases like Dashi's, like Ryu's, like that poor suicided Santaru child's so long ago might have been prevented. Scores of deaths in the intervening years might have been avoided. Assaults, rapes, acts of treason might have been avoided. Above all else she did not want to leave Cloud always at war with itself, always holding a knife to the throat of its most vulnerable, always subject to the same from those very people...

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shin held his head back absorbing every word. His expression was empty but not his mind. His thoughts raced through all the possible issues that could arise if this system was put into action. Her reasons were ideal but she did not address any possible issues. There were solid reasons to believe that some of the ANBU did not agree with her proposals. Also, what would happen if initial intent of this plan was turned in a method of oppression to constrict and control the shinobi of this village. It would cause uncontrollable conflicts that the future raikage would have to deal with despite it being designed for prosperity.

"I do agree with your statements, Rin. However, I am worried about the possible problems that could arise if we put this plan into motion. Your passion is admirable as always but I would be lying to you if I said that everyone in this village would agree with you. Have you spoken to anyone in your division besides myself or do you believe they will be as well receive as I have." Shin paused for a moment. "I am not asking for infallibility but I am asking for you to be aware of the risks." Shin said. He raised his index finger as he began to iterate his followup statements. "For instance, you said free flow of information and I say this loosely because much of the information in the ANBU division is restricted to at best. If we open the branches our internal relations need to be at our best or this will not work. I do not blame you for the incident with Souseki but such events would hinder our goals, this is not excluding the lower ranks. Before I approve this do you have any risks that you think should be addressed?"

Santaru Rin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"What am I supposed to do about Fujinami-san?" Rin replied. "Obviously we should clear this up before we discuss my proposal further. I don't think he's necessarily ill. I think his threats of blackmail against me and his extortion of the Inuzuka is criminal. You agreed. Do you want to blame me for bringing up accusations in front of him, rather than creeping around behind his back?

"You had asked for our mutual critique. I gave it. He gave a defense, however irrelevant I think it was, and you stripped him of his powers, though not his position, and in response he has apparently all but vanished. As a result, the three of us, as well as Masao, have all been forced to take on the weight of his responsibilities. I am not resentful, but the additional burden is not welcome. It makes me recall the early days of when I was first Sennin. I thought when I returned that the Main Branch had become strong--but those who made it so have given it up." She shook her head slightly. Her tone was weary, rather than strident.

"If you think I am accusing him of illness--well, wouldn't it be appropriate to have him evaluated by someone trustworthy who is neither myself, someone he or I has power over, yourself, or Kushin? You seem to be the one with the problem--you seem to be fixated on him. He is not the be all, end all of this village. You, however, might be," she finished with a sigh.

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shin crept his right hand toward the table and gently rested against Rin's clasped hands. His dark gray eyes peered outside of his lens like the mystic moon crawling out of the the clouds. His touch was not merely a sensual one basing his reasoning on a simple psychology element. The touch from hand signified awareness to the other person that he or she existed.

"Rin I am not blaming you." Shin said softly as he released his hand away from her. "You must have misconstrued my statements. This has nothing to do with Souseki rather I am saying that there are makebates in the village who would stop at nothing to keep your proposal from succeeding. We must think generations ahead of us so that our legacy will still hold and no one will twist our work against the village. Our internal relations is our highest priority for everything we do, especially for a proposal as this. I am the village head and I am the daiymo of Kumogakure but most importantly I am a servant to you all and so must the rest of the village be if we are to grow. I hope you understand"

Shin clasped his hands his on the table. "Now that we go that out of the way. Would you prefer if we discuss the formalities of this proposal so I can arrange what needs to be done.

Santaru Rin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Rin's eyes clouded with confusion. What...? She leaned forward in response to his manipulations, listening intently. Before he could drawn his hands away, Rin caught them in her own.

"Hayata... What is a 'bake mate'?" she asked, brow delicately furrowed in consternation. After a moment, she shook her head and leaned back, releasing Hayata's hands in the process. "No, nevermind. I apologize for misunderstanding."

She cleared her throat once again. "I spoke with Isaki-san about this before and agreed to propose the idea to you before proceeding, so he is familiar with what I have in mind. There has been no one in the main branch to speak with, so I have not made a consultation there.

"First, we would require a database. Terminals can be situated distally, in the Aesculapium, for input purposes. They can be connected by subterranean wire to a mainframe housing the database. We have a similar system in the Sileo Tempestas. I suggest housing the actual mainframe under the Torre Celeste or in a strongroom at the Legation, where authorized personnel from each branch can access it and it will be secured against malfeasance. A small complement of the Guard will suffice as guards. There are similar databases elsewhere in the village, but the nature of a database on flagged individuals is just different enough that I assess the risk slightly higher. The existence of such a database will likely not remain a true secret for long--so we cannot count on security through obscurity. Nor would I want this database located only in the Sileo.

"Second, I proposed the establishment of a separate practice for treatment. Though I sense this is not Isaki-san's interest, both the Aesculapium and the ANBU have experts on matters of psychology. This center would be for joint treatment and research of mental disease between our branches. It would not be for indefinite detainment like the Takao ward. Shinobi would come here for periodic, regular treatment and periodic assessments by experts. Short of a clear danger to self or others, to repeat such conversations as might be had between a shinobi and counselor would warrant the highest punishment--thus individuals treating such shinobi should be absolutely trustworthy. If there were a way to seal them against repeating those conversations except in the most exigent circumstances... Alas, there isn't." She shifted in her seat. They had been in conversation for some time.

"Last, as I said, we already have the means to perform basic identification and flagging. The database is for a more advanced collection and analysis of such data. Utilizing that information requires teams. The ANBU branch formerly had a joint emergency response division with the Curatio Domus--I established that years and years ago. I suggest something similar; teams composed of ANBU operatives or Main Branch agents as well as a Med Nin for the purpose of interventions when an individual seems to be in crisis. Such individuals would need to be chosen not just on the basis of their skills, but also their personalities. They would need to be able to take control and act in a comforting, not confrontational, manner."

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shin felt Rin grip his hands as she pulled him forward. Her faced fill with confusion as she contemplated on Shin's vocabulary. She shook her head understanding that her inquires were irrelevant. She rested back to her seat and began to answer Shin's concerns. She elaborated the need for a collaborative database that will be stationed in Aesculapium but the most interesting factor was the use of electrical terminals to manage the database. She was right that the library had small catalog terminals to search for the various books in the library but this was a different matter. Would it be better to use an electronic database than a written one? He would have to meditate on this issue at a later date. She continued suggesting creating proposing a joint treatment facility between the ANBU and medical branch.

Shin pulled out a small black notebook from underneath his cloak. It was rather small compared to the other notebook Shin has been known to carry. The black vinyl covering shimmer as he opened the book searching for an empty page. His right hand reach for a white quill pen and began to write.

"Utilizing a computer based database of this scale is an expensive resource. I will have to negotiate with some of our export clients before we can consider it. You mentioned Isaki's disinterest. Could you elaborate on that. Also, in regards to the risk of highly fragile information. There is not much we can do about that at this time but I correct your last statement. There are ways genjutsu seals that may prove useful to you but I prefer that we do not go that route. We can discuss that once we get to that point." Shin said as he finished scratching his notebook. He placed the quill pen back into the jug and slip the small black notebook into his cloak.

He took a moment to examine Rin. Her periodic changes in her posture was easily noticeable. He had not notice how long they have been talking. There were other matters that he had to attend to. Perhaps it would be best to conclude this session.

"Well it seems we spent much time on this. I believe we should put this on hold for now. Is there anything else that you need to speak to me about?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back