Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Punching With A Golden Fist [Taijutsu]

Keiji

The Unfortunate Overlord
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Another go, another time, another generation.

The window was slightly open, the morning dew had settled, the sun's rays pierced through the dew on the window increasing its' heat and power. "Arr, Jesus Saito!" a voice excused.
The wooden floorboards was clean, in pristine condition, every table was utterly perfectly placed and oriented, the last time this person had been in here he had demonstrated chakra and how it enabled him to control the element of wood, better than most. A cough exhumed, and echoed slightly in the empty room.

The morning was bright and early, the students probably weren't even awake yet.
At least that was the assumptions, the sense of time was faint almost none existent him.
A yawn manifested itself and forced him to react upon it, he stretched his arms, reaching up.

As they dropped down again he licked around his lips as he eyed the little brown bag sitting lonely upon the teacher's table.
"Might as well honor the previous sennin and grab one or two.." he said out loud as he reached, grabbed and opened the bag, only to find it empty.
Wide eyes and a frustrated *Hmpf* came upon him as he immediately shouted "Hey! Who stole my donuts?" Out from his belt bag he quickly pulled out a kunai, as he heard a small rustle from the bushes beyond the window. *THCK!* "Av!" a voice exclaimed from the bushes. "That wasn't very nice!" The voice further exclaimed as the bush rustled a little again.
"Gimme back my donuts!" he shouted as he reached in and yanked whatever fabric he could.
Pulling out a piece of cloth attached to a small girl, maybe about the age of nine or ten. Presumably an Academy Student. She was dressed in all black resembling someone from the ANBU Branch, even though she was obviously too young for such a dangerous branch. her dark gray hair only improved on her dress code all the more, making her resemble the very ideal shinobi.

"Okay! OKAY!" she screamed as she was pulled up to the windowsill.
She turned and sat upon the windowsill and handed him the bag as he face the ground in respect for her wrongdoing.
With excitement he yanked and look into the bag, facing the now half-eaten donuts. "Awrr.." He exclaimed in frustration.
"Here," He said as he pushed the bag onto her chest, and as she fell backwards she had managed to grab the bag and held it in hand as she landed on the ground on the other side.
"Are you sure?" She asked as her forehead and eyes stuck up, eyeing his discontent.
"Yeah, it's fine.." *Sigh* "I'll eat after the class.."
"Roger, roger!" the girl quickly shouted as she turned around walking away very stiffly, turning around a few times to see what he might do.

He turned around and placed his bum back on the chair behind the teacher's table and rested his legs on it, and lifted his arms behind his head in a relaxed fashion.
"Where are my students? They should've been here by now?" He asked out loud to himself.
4BX8fLW.png
fsIdtdC.png

Gai Shiiamatsu - Main Branch Jounin
Teacher dNPC​

OOC:
Heyo! All you lovely Cloudie Academy Students!
You guys wanna do some Taijutsu training? This is your time!
This'll be a quick, easy, and presumably a very short class.
Ready? Go!

I'll be open for students in 2 rounds.
And I'll be posting again around the 19th (monday) initiating the next round!

If you have any questions about roleplaying, what to write, how to introduce yourself, anything, feel free to PM me.

Hazumi Kiroku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
'I wonder if I can kill myself to get out of this...'

A poorly made porcelain mug was held precariously in one hand while the other was occupied by a hastily made egg sandwich. He absolutely despised waking up early, a habit he had developed before coming to the village due to necessity, but he was thankful for the chill still creeping through the streets and giving him the much needed shock to get a move on. The bitter taste of black coffee also helped in that department, it also created and interestingly foul scowl but that was irrelevant.

Kiroku polished off the last of his sandwich in three large bites, cheeks pushed to the brim to accommodate the food as he scarfed it down in a similar manner to the truly impoverished. The mug followed in a similar manner as he downed the coffee in one large golf, shaking the remains sticking from the sides so it would not spill inside of his bag. The reason he had so eagerly finished his breakfast and was now adorning his trademark grin was due to the fact that he was finally able to learn something from the academy, and he dearly hoped it was something interesting unlike the civilian classes he had taken as a child which he mostly slept through.

The academy's architecture was of little interest to him, but he hated the twisting halls and humongous amount of classrooms. Luckily for him the class was on the first and the commotion currently taking place inside was a good marker. "Good morning!" he shouted in his normally energetic voice, high pitched yet booming as he over anticipated the amount of other students inside, of which there were none except for who he assumed was the sensei. "Eh? I'm the first one here? That's gotta be a first."

Kiroku lazily threw his small burlap bag into the second chair in the first row of seats before lazily plopping into the first seat and sinking until his head touched the back of the chair, and it was nearly depressing that this was also one of his more unhealthy habits since it proper manners weren't very big when growing in an orphanage. He adjusted himself once so he looked as if to have proper seating posture even though he would eventually slide back down and waved to the man in the front, "Hello! Hazumi Kiroku reporting for class."

[MFT; WC: 405]

Keiji

The Unfortunate Overlord
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
"Heyo-bayo!" He said with his feet on top of the table and his hands by his forehead saluting the only student who had dared step into his class, granted his previous one had a little over six students, a pretty big number for anyone to flaunt at the others, but one was better than nothing he thought to himself as he dotted the time, slapping his wrist as he eyed the clock above the entrance door.

"Shiiamatsu Gai, just call my Gai-sensei. Worked for the previous set of students, should do fine here as well, don'cha think?" he asked with a joking grin on his lips.

Kicking his chair back a little he stumbled to get his balance only to slam his feet onto the floor boards beneath him, making a loud BUMP!

"Let's get this ball rolling then shan't we? The others will just have to join up if the suddenly pop their heads in." he commented as he stood up tall.
Being a grown up he would naturally reach several feet up in the air just by standing up, his hair only helped by a few inches, the kid in the class's hair seemed to help him twice, if not thrice as much as his own.

"Okay, mistah Kiroku, or should I just call you spiky hair? I'll just call you Spiky.. Like a little purple spiky lizard that rides roller coasters and skateboards.." he paused for a second, as he realized he had let his thoughts carry on too much. "Not that, that holds any relevance to what I'm gonna be teaching you." he quickly added. "I'll be teaching you combat, hand to hand, Close Quarter Combat, face to foot styles or was that foot to face styles? ALSO known as Taijutsu! I'll just go through some simple minded techniques that might help you better understand your enemy and your own body." He took a short deep breath. "Shall we get started?"

He turned around to face the chalkboard, took a few steps up to it and Grabbed a piece of black chalk and started scribbling.
After a few seconds he had scribbled the words:
noZjmdE.png

He turned around again to face the Kiroku.
"And we'll be doing it right out there!" he pointed with a fully extended arm in the direction of the window. As he did so the bushes right outside of the window rustled quickly as something ran from inside of it to the side and away. Presumably to ensure no one would step on whatever was inside.
"Any questions before we run and jump out of the window?" he asked before readying himself to get a running start.
Next post this Wednesday - Just to leave it more open for late entries!

Nakaguri Eiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Eiko was awake for hours before she really had to get up. Today she will attend her very first academy class and the excitement combined with a slight nervousness woke her when the first birds started to sing their songs. The chirping was a bit annoying, but she had nothing to do, so she just kept turning around and staring into the ceiling until she eventually fell asleep again.
Something started to bother her. Is someone poking me? She felt someone shaking her shoulder and heard a faint voice calling her. »Mmmm, just a little longer...« A booming voice of her father finally threw her out of her dreams: »EIKO, GET UP, YOU'RE LATE!« Late? Late for what? Smelly eggs, the class! She sprang out of her bed as fast as possible, ran to the bathroom to wash her freckled face and changed into the clothes she had prepared the day before and were waiting on the chair. Her turqouise hair was very messy, but because she was in a hurry, she decided that just a quick brush with her fingers would have to suffice. On her way out, Eiko stopped in the kitchen to grab an apple and her lunch bag, hugged her parents and ran through the door.
While she sprinted through the streets, she tried to chew on her apple but gave up after she almost choked on it. When she entered the academy building, she was already gasping for air and her face had reddened. She almost fell into the classroom because her legs got tangled just a second before. »Hi! Uhmmm, I'm sorry for being late,« she said and made an embarassed smile. Eiko bowed slightly to the man that was most likely the teacher and introduced herself: »I'm Nakaguri Eiko. And sorry again for being late. I slept in a bit.«

[marked for training, words: 307]

Hazumi Kiroku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
A vein throbbed on his forehead as the man poked fun at his hairstyle, but it wasn't like he could exactly say it was natural or anything plus he looked damn cool with his hair styled like this. 'This man is insane!' was the simplest conclusion to come to when his new teacher wanted him to jump out of a freaking window to get to the courtyard, this was exactly the reasons stairs were made! He made to stand from his seat, a petulant scowl marring his childish face as he was about to protest, the door to the opened and a seemingly clumsy girl tumbled through while tripping over her own two feet. Kiroku face turned blank at the sudden appearance, confused and a good bit amused at the embarrassed, and who he assumed to be, academy student. He took up his grin once more and pointed it towards the new student, glad to have someone else to ease the edge from the teacher's obvious mania. "Yo! Hazumi Kiroku over here, nice to meet you."

His gaze moved back towards the teacher and a rather visible downward twitch of his lips before they curled back into a grin, he truly wished he could make some voice of complaint but that might lead to him not learning a single thing from this day and he was absolutely terrible at taijutsu. His back cracked loudly as he plopped past the desk and towards the teacher's desk, his arms stretching out as he prepared to follow his teacher. "This sucks, this sucks, this sucks." would be muttered under his breath as he waited for the other student to join them.

Dokuro Shiki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The morning sun shined dimly in the early day. There was a loud commotion of citizens moving about the village, the sound of birds cawing in the distance. Shiki had just awoken from a rare peaceful slumber through the night, his fingers rubbing against his eyelids like sandpaper. The rheum wiped from his eyes fell slowly to the ground in small flakes, like autumn leavens dancing their way to the ground. He groaned quietly, squirming as he tossed and turned about. He had gotten a good night of rest and prayed that it didn't have to end, but above all else he feared being late. His classes for close quarters combat should be starting soon, the only motivation to get him off his lazy rear. Withing a few minutes of his awakening, he sat up in a ninety degree angle, still rubbing his tender eyes. Shiki mumbled quietly to himself something about having to get up so early in the day as a cold breeze rolled in. He shivered lightly, still in his sky blue zip-up jacket. The newspaper beneath him crinkled as he very slowly rose to stand on his feet, his head looking from side to side to see if there were any activity near the alley way. His sight showed him nothing, the immediate area was fairly silent and devoid of physical presence. With a sigh of relief he decided to grab a bottle of water lying on the ground nearby, gulping it down like it were medicine to a fatal disease. A closed hand reached his mouth, stifling a burp. He looked at the metal of a nearby rafter to check his appearance, dirty and covered in all sorts of layer of sweat, grease and built up filth. His hair was weighed down significantly by the amount of grease built up, and his normally soft porcelain skin was replaced by a gritty, rough and soft yellowish brown tone. He shrugged his shoulders so lightly that is was barely comprehensible by the human eye. He didn't care, it didn't matter. He had no means to wash himself or the heart withing him to care the slightest. The Kaguyan renegade decided against going out of his way to rinse his hair out as he strolled out of the alleyway with his hands in his coat pockets.

It took him nearly half an hour to reach the academy from his place of residence, more than likely the latest student to arrive. His right hand gripped the handle to the entryway of the building. He greeted the green flak jacket clad ninja in the front with a nod as he made his way towards a separate wing, one he knew was hosting the class on Taijutsu. He pushed his weight to open the door, too lazy to grab the handle again. From where he stood he saw the teacher and only two other students, believing himself to late, or that the class simply wasn't popular enough to bring in more students. As his soft yellow eyes roamed the classroom he noticed that one if the students was Kiroku, a newfound friend and ally that he had met a couple weeks ago. He knew from their spar the previous week that he could be made up to be some competition for him, driving him only further to prove himself. One of his small hands slid out of his right pocket, waving from side to side to show his presence. "Apologies for potential tardiness." he mumbled quietly though loud enough to likely be heard by the sensei as his eyes shifted focus from Kiroku to him, skipping right over the stranger as if she didn't even exist.

Senka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The day began like almost every other; Senka lay in bed wide awake, the dark bags under her eyes testament to her sleeplessness over the past seven years. She had been barred from true sleep and whenever her mind entered any semblance of rest, gruesome memories of the past would rear their ugly heads, making sure that she was haunted in even the sanctuary of oblivion, which sleep promised. The stitched-up girl had moved about in her blanket the entire night and stared out the window at times, wondering why she still tried even though there was no hope of fruition in her attempts at slumber. It might have been but a human reflex, which caused her to lie down every evening, at around the same time as Kurogane, and stand up when he did in the morning. Maybe it was to keep up appearances, to not lose the last semblance to humanity she held.

Senka's day duty consisted of patrolling the village in her civil clothes, but ever since her inception in the ANBU forces, there had been not a single case in which her presence had been needed. Maybe it was because she had been unaware of such cases, or because she had never been called in to such situations, or simply because for a Ninja village, it was beyond peaceful.

The doll-like girl's breakfast consisted of only a fourth the portion children her physical age ate, and only a sixth the portion a girl her mental age consumed. However, it was more than enough to sustain her fleeting life; water, air and the tiny particles within those two media would normally be sufficient as nourishment, as her body barely had a metabolism. In fact, Senka was using her Chakra to digest the food and break it down, or else it would simply stay inside her body forever.

Thus, there was no comical and clichéd scene of her running through the street with a toast in her mouth, mumbling that she was late for school... ever.

Her patrolling took her into the farthest corners of the village, including the slums and other bad places, but her appearance, coupled with her attitude depending on the circumstances, deterred most people from speaking to her. And if they were still nosy, she would lower her surgical mask and show them a wide grin; that has always shut people up.

However, today, her feet took her to the academy, which she had skipped due to her personal training with Kurogane for the six years before they had joined the village hidden in the clouds a year ago. She had been discovered by ANBU as a child prodigy, even if she had explained that her looks were clearly not a reflection of her mental and molecular age.

"Hmmh... I've never even been inside. The building sure looks impressive though."

Senka commented on the academy and decided to simply take a look inside, disregarding the strange looks she got; if they chose to bother her, she would tell them her rank and show them the forehead protector she never wore but always carried with her just in case.

"Oh, now comes the good part."

Her feet carried her in random directions and it so happened that she saw a young boy, covered in filth and grease, entering a classroom by pushing on the door with his body. Lifting an eyebrow at nobody in particular, Senka decided to take the opportunity and look into the classroom, to find a person who appeared to be a teacher, the filthy boy who had just entered and two other children. They were all the age the stitched-up girl looked like, so the latter decided to play a little game.

"Ah, I'm sorry I'm late!"

She proclaimed as she entered the classroom, her whole appearance suddenly gaining a filter as if she was in a Shoujo-Anime, her voice as cute as it could get - but all still in stark contrast with her otherwise dark and uncaring appearance.

[Don't mind me, I'm actually just joining this class.]

Keiji

The Unfortunate Overlord
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
"Haha, welcome to the class, stumbling girl." He looked away for a second in pondering. "Ah, stumbler, I'll call you stumbler.."
His grin didn't fade at all. "Stumbler," He added after Kiroku introduced himself. "Meet Spiky." Letting her enter the class properly another one stumbled into the class room, greasy and resembling that of a homeless. Strangely enough, homelessness was, if anything a rarity in Kumogakure, if someone was seen being homeless they'd be offered a place in the militia, there's always a place for everyone, he pondered for a second, perhaps he just had a long night? Maybe he's waiting on a room to be available in the academy dormitories, even some Chuunin decide to stay there throughout their entire career.. Oh well..

"Welcome aboard, youngling! Nice jacket," He spoke to the newly arrived student with the greasy hair and dirty clothes. "Ah, I see you brought, a friend.." He stared at the last arrival for a few seconds, clearly he could see something odd about her, not only was her appearance that of what resembles an abomination of what one might consider human, at least it wasn't something like those Revenants he had fought not more than months earlier, assassins the lot of them. "Well now, such a merry gathering of promising students" he eyed Senka, "And more, we have here."

"My name is Shiiamatsu Gai, you can all just call my Gai-sensei. I'll be your sensei for the day."

"I'll try and keep this class short and concise for you all." He protruding his thumb and indicated the board behind him as he looked around the class room. "As you can see we're heading outside of that window." He pointed at the window with the same hand. "We've prepared out there, unfortunately we couldn't get the Colosseum, as it is currently in use, so let's make the best of it. He eyed Senka once again. "While this class is only for Academy Students, you'd be foolhardy to think I wouldn't suspect one of the people who apprehended a mercenary at our gates would be a normal academy student." He's read the reports, as a Jounin and as a social butterfly one hears and sees things. "And while I appreciate the concern for our academy students, your place is not in here, you may stay, but you are not participating, maybe, you would care to assist me in the class?" He asked genuinely curious of her reply, but unfortunately time was of the essence, and he did not let her reply properly.

"Let's head out, everyone! Come with me!" He shouted quickly as he turned and began walking towards the window. As he walked he continued; "As I told Spiky here, I'll be going through some basic, simple Close Quarter Combat and some basic defense and fighting techniques. Maybe a grapple or two, depends on our time frame.." He paused as he reached the window and jumped over the window sill.
~OUTSIDE~

[OOC: I'll assume that you all follow along and are outside of the class at this point]

The second courtyard rightly named so for the the second of the three courtyards located by the Academy buildings, the gravel was perfect, the winds weren't strong, and the sun was baking the clouds above. White lines indicated a sports field of some kind, but instead of any goals, all there was, was a small leathery ball in the mid center of the rectangular field. He walked nonchalantly towards the ball and rested his left foot on top of it.
"Please, everyone, single line in front of me" He instructed the class.

"First, speak your name and bow before begin exercising, this is practice, not a real battle, and when practicing here we show etiquette and respect to our peers, even friendly rivals are to be treated with respect."
He made the bull hand sign and instantly conjured up two clones to stand beside him. "These here are wood clones," the center Gai said. "Each will act like me, and fight like me.."

"The first session is simple. Defend, and then attack, don't worry I won't attack hard. Simply defend yourself against a full flurry of attacks, two punches, and two kicks. Simple as that. In the next round you may attack me, but for now, I only want you to defend."
"You," the center Gai pointed at Senka. "You may spectate as the students defend themselves and attacks, if you wish to participate, then you shall have the honors of deciding the next practice."

All three then turned towards each student, the mid Gai kicked the balled softly to the side over to Senka, then closed their eyes and bowed with their heads in respect for each student, and then shouted in unison "GAI!"
Within a split second they all took the same fighting stance. "HAJIME!" the center Gai shouted.

Himself and the two clones will attack accordingly: two punches from the front coming one after another aiming at each shoulder. And then two kicks from either side one after another.
OOC said:
You may RP as the attacks are incoming. You may decide for yourself if the hits are successful or unsuccessful, if your character is hit or deflects the attacks successfully.
A good idea is to roll a d20 at your own pace and every hit on the dice above 10 is a successful dodge/deflect. And then write accordingly with the dice rolls.

Senka, I see what you're doing, I'll permit your presence, but be advised, this is an ACADEMY STUDENT ONLY class, so you won't really gain anything from it.
If you play nice and is a good sport I might assess if we can't figure something out for you, so thank you for giving me the added challenge, lol.

I apologize for the delay, distractions of all manners has been protruding on my schedule of late.

Deadline for posting this round will be next Thursday. (29th May)

Nakaguri Eiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Eiko smiled back to Kiroku: »Nice to meet you too.« He's a friendly person then. She decided not to mind the stupid nickname the teacher gave to her and just smiled when he introduced the boy, using similarly funny nickname. Another boy joined and she didn't bother to say hi, because he ignored her as well. The last person to join was some girl with a cute voice, yet somewhat creepy looking and that woke up her curiosity a bit. The guy who was going to teach them introduced himself. Gai-sensei it is then, a funny and maybe a bit annoying person. As he jumped through the window, she wondered wheter she made the right decision by joining that class. With a sigh, she followed sensei's example.

She landed with a loud thump and a bit unpleasant feeling in her ankle, but apparently nothing was damaged, because there wasn't any pain. Afterwards she just listened carefully and followed given directions. There was a slightly uneasy feeling in her throat, because even if those were harmless wooden clones, she was afraid to get hurt. You already jumped through the window, dummy, why are you afraid of those things?! She took the stance and waited for the command to start.

The clone attacked and punched towards her left shoulder. Eiko managed to defend herself with her left forearm, but the clone's fist still brushed her upper arm a bit. Within a moment, the next punch followed and she managed to push it away with her hand. It looked clumsy, but it worked and a smug smile appeared on her face again, anticipating the kick. It was delivered properly and she failed completely at trying to defend herself. She ended up on the floor for the second time today. Smelly eggs, this is horrible. The girl quickly picked herself up, but the clone didn't give her time to breathe and attacked again. This time, she jumped away and dodged the incoming kick nicely. Yay, didn't embarass myself too much. »I'm done, sensei.«

[mft, word count: 339]

Keiji

The Unfortunate Overlord
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
The fighting went on easily, went as expected. Thankfully himself and the clones didn't punch or kick too hard intentionally. It was quick and easy. Not too painful he hoped.

Kiroku and Shiki didn't appear to be doing all too well and was quickly dropped on the ground and didn't appear to be moving. Upon delivering the blows that made them fall he said out loud to them. "ten points!" For no apparent reasoning.
One girl did particularly well, and managed to take a blow even though she was lying down and quickly managed to get up again. Nodding at her proper reaction speed and expected abilities he smiled widely at her. "Great job.." He paused for a second. "Nakaguri Eiko-san!"

"Now, the next and final round. I want you to perform the very same attacks, in any consecutive order up to you. And one last attack of any form you decide. Got a special weapon? Maybe a special attack you want to test out? Try me!" He personally stood in front of Eiko-san as the clones awaited Kiroku and Shiki to make their moves.
OOC said:
This is the easy round. You write what attacks you do, and in what order, then I respond with how I take those attacks. You do NOT include how I block or what I block with, you only write what attacks you perform and how you do them. Make them as detailed as you can to make it just that little bit more awesome!
Lastly; Take your time! I'll be waiting patiently this time around.

Keiji

The Unfortunate Overlord
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
[Left due to inactivity as well, no rewards given, sorry guys and gals.]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back