Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Private Reflecting on Tragedy [Req. Nanaka]

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
1701799031639.png
Shin was walking through the dark passageways of the Black Bazaar at what had to have been three or four in the morning. The night was long and treacherous. He had completed a mission to track down and eliminate an underground smuggling ring of organ harvesters. There had been various young shinobi that had been dead with various organs missing from their bodies. Eyes, arms, and even in one instance where the child's very skin was peeled off of their body.

Shin's face was emotionless as he walked, splatters of blood across his face and armor, some his own and some that of his targets'. Kohana was walking alongside her brother, unphased at the brutalities the twins had committed. Her form untouched and pristine, thanks to her illusory form.

`Do you think that there is a larger threat that will be reoccurring in this village? I fear that there is a black market for sources of genetic material used to illegally implant into people.`

"I agree, the organs missing have been linked to Kekkei Genkai, I will have to check with the Oracles on this one to see if we have heard any rumors throughout the Land of Wind. I know that the Harvesters are based in the Land of Lightning's Kumogakure, perhaps I should reach out to them as well on matters like this."

He would let out a sigh. This was something that he had feared was happening. It had been some time since he last knew that Akujin-Sensei was navigating these streets keeping them clean from the filth that would try and destabilize the village as a whole. Shin had taken on the duty himself for some time, but due to his travels it appeared that the vile scum that would kill children for yen were growing in numbers.

His feet would echo through the caverns of the ancient ruins of the village that has moved on from these slums and had rebuilt above ground. He was agitated. The students and children of this village were a responsibility he took very seriously, and this threat was starting to truly piss him off.

Komorebi Rin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
"Now, now, you struggle so much," she was doing a two-step around a figure, bound and gagged and helpless, its form shaking with every word from her and desperately harder with every beat of silence. Her hands trailed behind her at the small of her waist, string limp off the point of each finger - and an eye following the way they shimmered in streetlight would find them pull taut where they came in contact with the webbed shape. She flicked a digit and it drew a muffled yelp from the creature. She did this repeatedly as she paced in what could be described as a mesmerizing dance. A turn and an about. A hum on the crest of red, red lips, the flash of pink joining them to drag tongue in thoughtful prose over its round. "You brought this on yourself, you know. Harassing a poor little girl in the slums of our fair city ... my, what kind of monster could you be?"

She got closer, confident and controlled, but there was a manic quality to the hint of her eyes - rimmed in what could almost be red, glowing in the off-light of the little alcove they found their dialogue. A dangerous peculiarity tinged every word that otherwise surged like sweet perfume from such a small, lethal beast. Whatever the man had hoped with her - murder, robbery, harvesting - he had picked the worst possible child on these streets. It was just another day for Nanaka.

She was having fun with it, in that way that she could. Another tug. Another agonized noise as wire shred through skin and bit into bone. Harder. Tighter. Her hands started pulling in to each other, curling at the knuckles as if they threatened a fist. "I won't make it quick. Don't worry. I've had a lot of time and a lot of rabble to hone my claws on. I know how long it takes for your nervous system to break under torture. I know how long until blood lost renders you completely inert and boring. I don't need this over soon, but I might speed the process if you tell me what I came for --"

An edge had inched into her voice on every thought, ending in a hiss that she interrupted as something caught a flick of her ears - and a twitch of her nose - and she froze. Froze. She had average sensory abilities for a Shinobi, but she had terribly precise survival instincts. She had already memorized the sound of those footfalls, especially as the owner seemed to have no intention of his stealth. She wavered for a second, shoving her tongue into her cheek, and then stepped back from the wide eyes of her captive. She shoved a heel into turned dirt and ground it, clicking against the inside of her teeth until she came to her conclusion.

She slipped away from the man after her wires were tightened around him and detached from her fingers. She'd be back. Hopefully. All it took was a turn into the other's path, stepping out of the shadows like an aspect of them. "Chikamatsu-san." Ever respectful, offering her curtsy and peering up through half-lidded eyes at her foster father. "What brings the Overseer to our neck?"

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
A brow would be raised as the smaller frame would bob out into Shin's path. "Nana-chan?"

He was slightly confused as to why the recently placed child under his supervision was in this area of the village, but when she said `our neck` it became more clear. Nanaka was one of the children that had spent most of their life living in this shell of a cavity. The empty festering hole which used to be Shin's home. He smiled, he could lie. He could tell Nanaka right now that there was nothing going on and that he was off having a scroll, but he knew that her keen senses could have heard him speaking to his invisible sister.

The still wet blood was still slightly warm against his skin, having come from the target he have neutralized in a few alleys back. He couldn't lie to her, She knew this smell, she knew it well.

He sighed.

"You're working on becoming a Chuunin right?"

He hesitated.

"It would seem that fate has a funny way of providing. I am actually finishing up on what would be considered B-Rank Mission, nothing too hard, but I believe you have the skill set I need that I, personally, do not carry throughout my many souls."

His voice trailed off once more.

His eyes would look distantly into the night lined cavern.

"I am trying to fix this village, in any way I can to protect those who cannot protect themselves. The Life of Service is more Noble than Royalty, after all. This is a mission I have been carrying on for decades that I was given from my Sensei, the woman who taught me to be a Swordsman, a Medic, a Teacher, and a Parent..."

His eyes would return to Nanaka.

"If you would like, I could use the assistance."

Komorebi Rin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
Now, wasn't this a curious turn? The noble Overseer of her adopted clan, the hand from the heavens that had so deigned to reach down and grace her in that alley, and - he was inquiring as to her help? Her 'skill set'? It was, in many ways, a startle the which Nanaka rarely fell to. She accounted for many things. She knew the general opinion about her, and acted appropriately - she knew what someone wanted from her, and she acted appropriately - she knew what was needed, and acted appropriately. Why, then, did this man continue to defy her expectations? No self-respecting adult had ever asked for her confidence before. They didn't want her for their reindeer games. Not when the hazel of her half-lidded gaze would turn, turn, and brighten, a predator amongst the night.

It did so, here. There were little quirks she was never able to manicure over. "My, Chikamatsu-san, is everything quite alright?" Her nose would twitch at the tip, and that copper tinge would invade all of her senses until a little shift would misplace her foot. She dug a heel into the gravel, still smiling, but the muscles of her back clenched antsy. This meant he was less likely to admonish her for the man she had captured around the way, yes? Better still to keep him - and the rest of them - preoccupied here, even if the scent would both rile and turn her senses. The smell of blood always had a unique effect on Nanaka. There was a feeling in her chest - an urge - that she smothered here, and she never quite knew if it asked her to attack or to run. Judging this situation, however, and the man in front ...

"Well, you've been busy, Overseer. I've heard tales of troubles. I was doing my own, albeit less informed, investigation - I had a little friend, see, once upon a way. They had the prettiest white eyes. I believe them to be no longer with us, but there would be no record or trail to follow."

She smiled up at him, tail twisting and twining out the side. It framed her like a snake, teeth visible beneath the gap of her lips as she spoke. "This is fortuitous, sir. I'm honored to be able to assist you. Humbly, perhaps this will give me the answers I ... desire, as well. What would you have me do, Chikamatsu-san? My claws for our family." She purred.

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
”It’s not, but it will be, and please… call me Shin.“

Shin’s face would grin a little bit, though his warmth my not be as impactful thanks to the blood splattered across his face.

”As I am sure you noticed, even before joining the clan, that the caverns under the newly built village have been left to be ruled by criminals and thugs.“

Shin’s eyes looked out towards the distance.

”Theres been a string of murders which are exceptionally problematic, as they are skilled assassination of not just chakra sensitive children, but those who’s latent genetics recently bloomed into their Kekkei Genkai. Their Bloodlines had awakenend no more than a week before they were slaughtered.“

Shin looked down to Nanaka again.

”The Land of Lightning has an organization known as “The Harvesters” which are specialized in bloodline organ removal? And we even have a recovery team within the ANBU Branch here in Sunagakure no Sato to prevent our genetic skills from being leaked. I am concerned that someone with a similar skill set has found their way into our darkest recesses and has begun cultivating black market implants by slaughtering our children.“

He paused.

”While I do not expect you to join the Medical Branch of the Omni Prime Medical Facility since your assimilation into the Clan, I will still expect you to try and carry the motto of providing service to those that need it, and from what your sensei had said about you in the past and what the Inner Court reported to me during your recent class about poisons, I believe you could help me navigate through the shadows and infiltrate this ring of organ smugglers and human traffickers. Hell, you could even form your own team if you feel so inclined.“

Shin snap his fingers, causing a roster like illusion to appear behind him, five faces tall and about ten faces wide. All of them with the exception of one or two with a translucent red ex floating before their faces.

”These are the known associates I have found with connections that have been dealt with.“

He pointed to the two women who’s faces were not blocked out.

”Fa Tsuchi and Fa Mikado, twin sisters that have been able to evade me for some time now are still out in the slums working. While they could be a lead, I don’t expect you to follow on the only lead I have as I trust you to have your own network being established.“

Shin would turn his hand, causing the illusion to fade.

”So, does this sound like something I can trust you with? If you help me close this I’ll be able to speak with Raizo about granting you even more trust and, if you want it, responsibility within the Shinobi Forces.“

Komorebi Rin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
The perfect curve of her lips twitched. Edges couldn't make the decision to turn up nor down. Shin? What blatant upheaval of her manicured formality was this? "As you wish ... Shin ... sama." She was fourteen - not even her quick mind and skilled diatribe could keep up with such obvious discomfort. Still, she smiled. Perhaps a little toothier than necessary. "Yes, I make myself well known down here. Service and Loyalty and nobility and all, yes? Someone has to look out for the -," a thought "misfortunate." That worked.

Death and thievery were not uncommon down here, but Nanaka hadn't been privy to any of these details or the resources Shin had for his mission - a Kekkai Genkai black market? That would explain Fuu ... And, she reasoned, that made a lot of sense. When certain ninja - like her and Akizuki Shiki - were born better than other people, as was divine right, the filthy and desperate would make their ploys to grasp onto that. She was surprised, even, upon hearing this, that it wasn't more of a problem; but she supposes it was now. That's why her Overseer, in his glory and bloodstain, was looking to her for assistance. He had correctly assessed her unique ability to manuever in these slums and among the seedier dredges of society. She had cultivated these connections and power for many years, and it all led her to ...

Well, this. Right here. In the Chikamatsu clan. Playing another game. Oh, how she loved games. Maybe this time ... "You require my assistance, simply? You're correct that I hold host to many skills, my -- Shin-sama." This was exciting. This was unknown, and unexpected, and thrilling. How much chaos would reign? How much blood would be spilt? If the Chikamatsu patriarch was anything to go by, more than enough to satiate her curiosities. "I would be more than able to get this information for you. I might even dismantle everything myself, if I'm not careful." She never took on a challenge she couldn't weave her way through. She never fought a battle she hadn't already won. This was almost too easy - almost exactly what she already wanted, but now with Clan & State support. A grin.

You never give a spider a bigger spindle.

She scanned across every face. More "responsibility" seemed ... almost disparaging, but she could talk her way through anything. If responsibility came with power, and power came with the ability to do whatever she wanted, at what point did responsibility cease factoring in? Mm ... sure. She could run this village, at least around. Why not? "Consider it an honor, Chikamatsu-san." Old habits die yowling. "Shin-sama. It doesn't take more than a mention of lord Kazekage's favor to turn the head of any in Sunagakure, I imagine." She dipped in a bow, looking up at him through lidded hazel. Every motion a ghost, every word a song. "I believe I can manage this. I believe you do, as well. I even have members in mind for this...," a quirk of her lips "... team. Oh, how fun.

Oh, but of course, I will treat this mission with all seriousness as necessary. I have a bone or two to pick with these evils."
A sigh, one kittied ear giving a full twitch. "Worry not, personal feelings would never get in the way of a job. Thank you for the opportunity, Overseer."

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
((OoC: Sorry for the delay and short post! Life has been Life-ing))

As Shin got confirmation that Nanaka would take on the mission offered. "If you find yourself in the situation to dismantle the structures that are encouraging the death of our Sunan children I expect you to act immediately. The additional loss of a single children after you taken this mission will fall on your shoulders as well as mine. I expect you to act quickly and precisely. I have full faith that this is something you can complete. If you need any additional resources at all do not hesitate to call on the Omni Prime, we will be able to provide any support you may need."

With that Shin would nod at the Chikamatsu child and simply fade from view, as he had more work to do tonight.

[topic left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back