Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Reflection on the Future [Private w/Souji]

Moyamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A-Rank

Dusk was drawing to a close as it followed the setting sun, the sky overlooking the village had become dark with tinges of starlight appearing while the horizon of the ocean still glowed vibrant with hues of fading oranges and reds. Streaks of fading hues of blue and purple connected it all together and made for a rather peaceful looking setting to the day. Although it was past time for Oyochi to have been at home, usually a child whom stuck to the rules set forth every once in awhile he did find himself losing track of time altogether while mentally wandering. Resting upon a smoothed over boulder, his body sitting indian styled and comfortably warm within his kimino his eyes would remain fixated upon two towering wonders. Overlooking the pass were two statues that he had grown up in his short life idealizing, "The Brothers" which were sentinel guardians of Iwagakure's entrance. They were carved to perfection and stood strong to face any adversity that may befall the village of stone. He idealized these monuments in part because within his dreams he wished to do the same with his older sibling. While their age difference was past a decade there were close ties between the two of them particularly surrounding Oyochi's inabilities.

"If only I was normal...my dreams could expand....Oniisama."He was speaking towards the statues, which were in his mind physical imagery of strong brotherhood and the ability of blood to come together. Closing his eyes for a minute the boy took the time to gather his breath, something he constantly and easily would lose throughout the day. Unique to Oyochi, his body was frail and incapable of doing many things that would have been easy for a child his age. Where his bones were not the hardest, nor his lungs and heart the greatest, Oyochi was an enduring poster child for sickness. A fact that made his dreams so much more the realm of fantasy since those dreams revolved solely upon being able to follow his brother's footsteps as a guardian and protector of the village. While physical ailment did not mean one could not go on to be a reputable shinobi, in Oyochi's world he was cursed with a second misfortune of his early birth in the form of an incomplete chakra system. While he did not know the exact details of what that meant given his youth and Iwagakure's medical mistrust, he was aware that his body simply did not produce chakra normally neither did it retain it. Although his body had the capacity to store a large amount of chakra, in realization he only possessed nearly 1/8th the amount a child his age should have at a given time. This is what made his dreams seem like just that and created fruits of doubt and despair within his mind.

Holding both arms around the knees, the boy would lock his body close while his gaze returned their focus on the statues. While tears wanted to form below his eyes they were silently willed back...."Is that to much to ask?". An ocean breeze motioned through causing his long, black hair to flow with the wind all the while the night continued to slowly creep towards the horizon.

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
ImHere_zps92ea7536.png

"My blood..."

Like a wave of emotion, washing on the shores of ones iniquities. The subtle breezes of shame and sorrowful dismay curled through the flowing attire of Souji. He always watched his brother. Knowing that ever since being born he could do nothing to help. Nothing would work it seemed not even trying to cover him with a consistent string of Genjutsu... his chakra would disrupt it. The problem was... Oyochi... his brother was truly one of the strongest he had ever seen... but he had no control nor could he retain the large amount of chakra he had. The chakra sickness... he couldnt manipulate any elemental chakra. It was odd... but Souji knew he would be the only person his brother could look to for guidance. His brother was his life. Everything to him when it came to it. Along with his loyalty to his village he had a deep devotion to his family.

Allowing the winds to take him... allowing them to take his form shifting it like the shadows he would cast... stretching over to his brother and stepping into them. The void of darkness like a gaping hole in you sometimes. it was apart of all living beings to have that darkness, to have that void that could only be filled with one thing. Or a series of things, but something had to fill it. Like a junkie needing its 'fix'. Souji needed his brother and this village. Either way, emerging in the form of a small black cobra... Souji's white spotted spine would curl up up on his back leading into the Yukata symbol on the back of its neck.

Looking up to Oyochi, Souji couldnt help but give a soft smile. Something that only his brother would see from him. Aside from Haruka... sometimes. "Normal is overrated brother. You dont want to be another face in the crowd. You want to stand out like a sore thumb... Those are the ones that are remembered. The Legends.", shifting back into his form Souji would allow the manifested shadows to take him and seemingly consume him whole before revealing himself in his guardian's attire. This time without his mask but his collar covered a majority of his facial features... "Being normal is something I never want you to be. I want your name to be remembered. I dont want you to be a 'shadow'..." '...Like me...' finishing the statement in his head Souji's distain on his face seemed to tell the story of hsi heart. HAruka was oblivious... There would be no way to move forward because he had not yet made his stand on the Guardians. He was still just a regular Guardian... He was just a Shadow. A nobody. ANd no one wanted to just be a shadow... everyone, if possible, wanted to have someone they wanted to care... care. Though, Souji was to be another face in the crowd. Someone that didnt get anything... nor would ever be noticed. And if he was... it was just to be used for something to give someone else praise. That was the Abomination within speaking... trying to sway his thoughts.

However, he had to hold himself together... for his brother at the very least. And he would do that as best as he could.

[MFT]

Moyamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A-Rank

It was certainly strange the way his brother chose to appear though for the two of them it was hardly new or surprising. He had grown to enjoy and even envy his brother's ability to move with the shadows in such a way, his ever present sneakiness having proven to keep Oyochi guessing his location which ended up with him not being able to follow his brother. This form was usually used around Oyochi on two different occasions, one which he was being approached or two when Souji simply did not want Oyochi to follow him somewhere. Either way the appearance of Souji brought a calm smirk to his lips that followed Souji's own smile. It was when his brother began to talk did Oyochi's eyes break from glancing at his sibling to staring at the encroaching darkness above, taking every word mouthed from Souji's lips to heart solely because it was his brother which spoke them. "Legends...Oniisama, if I ever were to become a legend it would be because I followed behind you." His statement was marred in honesty and the energyonly he had when mentioning anything dealing with Souji. It would suffice to say that Oyochi's whole world evolved around following his brother whom had been his source of light. While they still retained both their parents and had no hostilities in their household, as brothers they were naturally close and even with a generational gap unnaturally closer. "I know you always say that it is good that I am not normal, but sometimes I cannot help but wonder what if...I mean just dreaming of a different path is kinda normal right?". Cryptic almost was his statement but that was who Oyochi was...

"I've decided to enter the Academy...mom and dad do not know yet but I think it is time that I at least tried. The other day I tried something different in secret even though I know I shouldn't have. I cannot explain it but...I was able to use a basic fire jutsu...except there was no fire. It was strange Oniisama since with my chakra I shouldn't be able to do anything outside of genjutsu...yet it felt the same as if I was practicing yin-release techniques." Oyochi would stare at the seals within his palms, two eyes equally staring back at him as he talked. There was absolute truth in his words as with his chakra sickness Oyochi was only able to utilized the spiritual energy behind it, though even doing that was difficult enough for the boy to get a hang of. Though he was expecting his brother to potentially scorn him for trying to use ninjutsu knowing that even using basic techniques brought Oyochi on the brink of death due to his chakra imbalance.

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
ImHere_zps92ea7536.png

"My blood..."

Sitting down next to his brother, he couldnt help but to think alittle bit about how deep the young boy was. He was forced by their parents to grow up fairly quickly to take on the task of his sickness. Knowing that his limitations were very noticeable and the fact that he was very different from the others. It devastated Souji. His little brother was all his responsibility. Their Parents didnt really take care of him. Souji watched over everything Oyochi did, from his morning routine to his rituals throughout the day. However, recently he had been getting increasingly more occupied. Taking more missions... because his brother wanted to become more independent. He respected that, but Souji always had an eye on his sibling. He was one of the most important things in his life. Aside from worshiping the Gods. Then again... if it came down to it. He would give everything up for his brother. Even his life.

And it was all worth it to him.

"Oyochi, Listen as you have been all these years my dear brother. I want you to make the world look like you... Not you look like the world. Make them bend to your thoughts... Your mind... Your ideals... Show them that your differences only make you as good... IF NOT better than the rest of those who think you are some 'abomination'... Okay? Promise me. No matter what it takes... Keep the loyalty to our family. Our Village. But Show the world... That you are better than what they expect of you.", smiling. Yes... a full smile he would give to his brother. What would Haruka say if she saw this. Lordie. Souji smile? Was the world going to end soon? Though after that was all said Oyochi laid a bomb on him. However, Souji already figured this would be coming. And with that would come the talk of Oyochi's abilities... being used on those students. He was strong. His brother was very capable of fending for himself. However... Souji was gonna worry regardless.

"Hmph... So you have really been thinking about this, huh?", Souji's smile from a moment ago was now a moment in history as he'd return to the plain stoic face. It seemed that it was more stern now... more focused and listening. He wanted to make sure this was the best decision for his young brother. "So Tell me... since you've been practicing... why dont you show me?"

Moyamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A-Rank

"Alright Onii-sama...", Oyochi sounded as if he had expected his brother to want a demonstration of what he had meant and partially speaking he had. He had found it to be a stepping stone in his growth and wanted his brother to be the first to see just how far he was capable of coming along. Oyochi did not move from his perch on the smoothed over stone but instead folded his legs underneath him and brought both his palms together in a clapping motion. His unstable chakra reared its head at that instant and momentarily became visible as a blackish color that flowed around his body in incomplete sections, further proof that his chakra coil system and tenketsu were incomplete. Oyochi's hair would raise slightly while a few drops of sweat rolled down the edges of his face. It was taxing on his system to utilize so much of his chakra at one time but his fingertips began to move through a series of handseals that was unusually longer for a jutsu of his level...

"Tora, Tatsu, Ni, Tatsu, I, Uma, Tatsu, Uma.....Tora!", as his fingertips flowed into the last seal and his words called out the seals corresponding name the black chakra which flowed around him suddenly withdrew back into his body while his chest expanded. He would purse his lips while his cheeks filled and his back arched slightly. "Katon Release: Thermal Maw", was his thoughts as his lips parted just enough for a stream of what looked to be fire expelled from his lips and rapidly collected into a sphere before being fired outwards. The reason why it resembled fire was because unlike any other Katon release jutsu, his was void of actual fire. Truthfully speaking his fire jutsu was not even hot and neither was it the color of red or yellow or orange which could be associated with fire. His fireball was expelled and it was void of color almost purely made of chakra at it's purest form. The outline of the fireball however did have a black hue to it on the otherhand and this color would flow with the nature of the flames embers itself (Imagine how fire looks in a manga).

He felt taxed, as sweat ran down his face but for his brother he would feel something different. With Oyochi's body expending a good portion of chakra his innately learned ability to draw out chakra from others had kicked in. While it wasn't a large drain, Souji could definately feel as if a small part of his chakra was being siphoned from him. For Oyochi he did not truthfully know he had this ability and simply stared at his diminishing "flame" with a slightly exhausted look on his face. "See......I...did it.."

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Watching the little one he would realize that his brother's ambition. The sheer will that he had to not be denied a life that was his own. Something... that he could be proud of. And his pride made him push through every strain in his body. His sickness was literally a testament to the theory of "Mind over body" a person could overcome their body's weakness with sheer determination. Someone could overcome their bodies 'limitations'. It was amazing, and Souji could only stare in awe for the moment as he saw the display from Oyochi. It was... something he had never seen before. He could do something similar... but using the Yin-Release... it was straining and taxing on Souji's chakra... without using shadows to do his bidding... it made things extremely hard. Oyochi was only able to do this. So he had to push even harder to do this. Then... their family trait of Illusionary Ninjutsu he had a deep grasp on this and Souji hadnt even fully trained with him. Alot younger than Souji was when he pushed himself through the academy. Souji was eight when he had entered the academy... but he hadnt gotten to this level until he was around twelve.

". . ." completely at a loss for words at the moment Souji would shake it off and look back into the eyes of his younger sibling. And for the first time in Souji's life he felt like he had a meaning beyond his Guardianship. He could help his brother become everything he wanted him to be. Stepping out of the Shadow of their Family... and into a light of something that could forever be remembered. Something that would send a ringing throughout the years and would chime for generations after their deaths. Oyochi's name... etched in stone and Souji's being lost in the dusts of time. It was worth it. "...My brother... There is no need to tell Ma and Pa about your entry into the Academy... I'll pay for your classes myself. But how do you know such a high level jutsu for your age?", tilting his head a bit he would lean in to learn the secrets of his brothers training.

"I just dont know how you do it... You're the prodigy of our family for sure. I just dont know I plateaued after becoming a Guardian. I've been sitting here as a guardian for eight years... and was forced to await my official candidacy for five years... shunning my growth... no one sees me. But they will see you my brother.", bringing his hand closest to Oyochi to the young one and placing a gentle hand on his brother's head. "I'm proud of you.", then ruffling his hair for a moment he would simply shake his head and look out into the distance, '...Hmph... I wonder what I could do to help him...'

[MFT]

Moyamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A-Rank

Beneath his straightened hair which freely draped over his eyes in neat bangs, Oyochi's eyes found themselves watering at the praise his brother gave him. While he was not unaccustomed to being given a compliment, the beats of his heart did resound within his chest when praise came from the closets person to him and from someone who garnered his complete admiration and trust. Feeling his brother's fingertips rummaging through his hair, the sleeve of his kimono would rise up and rub along the edges of his eyes which helped him stave off the will to shed tears. Lifting both of his serpentine pupils to watch the last glimmer of the day's sunlight fade into the eclipsing night, Oyochi's gaze could not help but remain tacked to the starlight above. "They seem so different Onii-sama, the stars above us. All are so bright and wonderful yet at the same time some shine brighter than normal.....but even the dull ones do not take away from the beauty as a whole."

Oyochi was a cryptic child at times but a lot of his observations did have some symbolic meaning to what he was feeling on the inside. There was without a doubt self-understanding on his part about what level he stood upon and just how he compared to others, which is why he found motivation in the starlight. Some were brighter than others yet when everything was said and done as you looked up into the night's sky above all you could see was the scene the stars made as a whole in that black abyss of night. "Just like us, you are the bright star and I am the dull one, but no matter the light we are both considered stars in the night. Brother, I want you to promise me something...I want you to no longer call me a prodigy unless you will call yourself one as well. Promise?" He did not look at his brother as he said this but instead simply held his palm towards him with all the fingers balled into a fist with the exception of his pinky finger. While he waited on his brother to respond Oyochi did answer a question that was initially asked to him by his brother concerning the nature of his jutsu. "It is a low level basic fire jutsu from a scroll I read...I think my chakra simply makes it look more dangerous than it actually is...."

His feet would cross at the ankles as he continued his visual focus upon the night's sky, the crashing of the waves against the shoreline and cliff side below making a serene noise for the moment the two brother's were having. Oyochi's mind thought about the final few statements Souji had made and they were ones that made him look at his brother with a gaze that could have survived the end of times. "I see you and so do others. Together we'll be seen by everyone. The village will someday hail you as the greatest guardian Iwagakure has produced and it will be with your help that I will be able to make a name for myself as well..." There was no smile on his face however Souji would understand that his brother was simply serious about his statement and as soon as it was spoken a gentle smile formed upon the lips of Oyochi as he leaned his head on his brother's shoulder.

"Besides...i'm proud of you too."

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Much to his amazement, Souji knew that his brother was quite wise beyond his years but there were many things that would lead to him thinking deeply about how to do things, what he was going to do, and who was going to come along for the ride. Souji knew, that if he had to be a special being in his brother's life, that he would have to make changes in his own. The Darkness that surrounded him. The dealings he involved himself with. The life that he was going to begin living had to be something to be respected. As before, he did nothing but sink deeper and deeper into self sulking sorrow. It was not going to be easy, but it had to be done... and with every word his brother Oyochi said... it would lead Souji to come to grips with the life he had been given and the life he was to live. His family meant more to him than anything... His friendship with Haruka... something of a paradox at this point... He loved her but was it enough to get to to spend time with him? She was always working for the people with little time for her own family. Her mother... and that suspicious guy that was always around. Never to far from her mother...

"Hm, I promise Oyochi...", looking back up to the stars once again, Souji let a smile appear upon his lips. Happiness slowly flooding in... but it was quickly brought to a silence as his brother spoke again... To make a low level jutsu, look that powerful? His brother was stronger than he had previously thought. Souji's chakra nature was a mixture of Fire and Water... but he could not make fire nor water Jutsu. It all came out as a pool of shadows. Eh... He'd shake the thought off and continuing his ideals. Though, his heart locked up... as he heard...

"I see you and so do others. Together we'll be seen by everyone. The village will someday hail you as the greatest guardian Iwagakure has produced and it will be with your help that I will be able to make a name for myself as well..."

He couldnt think straight and his eyes began to swell slowly, what was this feeling? What could it be? Something that he had never truly felt before, something that was inside him all this time just waiting to be released. His brother truly did love him. Just as he loved his brother, but his young sibling was proud of him. He had never heard anyone say this. Never. All of his work... all of his ideas and fighting. He wanted more... he wanted to finally be recognized. And this was a better feeling than he could get from any of his elites. Any of the Sennins. This was his very flesh and blood telling him that he was doing something right... Something. It was always that question as to if he was, but now it solidified in his mind. He would continue doing better and better. Bringing himself slowly away from pure darkness. To fight again... to drive... to feel... to love.

"Thank you Oyochi... that truly means so much coming from you.", he'd speak wiping away a the tears falling from his face he couldnt help it. Leaning back he would not say anything else before standing to his feet. "Alright, lets go home, and I'll cook whatever you want for dinner... and we'll get you enrolled tomorrow.", nodding he'd hold his hand out to his brother to help him up... this was going to be a stepping stone for the both of them in the future. This moment...

No one would ever be able to take this away.

[Topic Left unless stopped]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back