Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Reformation II [Private]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Santaru Rin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Rin only gave a small, wry smile when Hayata chided her for trying to give Isaki a pep talk. I would think it's encouraging to be told that the ANBU Sennin doesn't want to discredit or assassinate you... But Hayata-san doesn't hear what I hear. Remembering that last part was just another challenge. She nodded in placid assent. Submitting to the Raikage was not difficult for her.

Masao had his own unique way of trying to disippate the accumulated tension. "Mm," she replied. "When will you be naming people to these posts? I'll want their names as well... In advance of the rumor mill, if you please."

Isaki's next statement was far more interesting to the ANBU. Ketsueki Satou... Someone with demonic ancestry or a Jinchuuriki... Or worse. Delightful. And someone was arrogant enough to keep this individual on a leash outside of the institute?

"It might be best to have a little Q&A with him when he comes back for blood... If you don't mind, please include orders to radio ANBU. I'd like to dispatch someone to meet with this Ketsueki-san. I'll see about tracking him down to his lair as well." Just for insurance. She badly wanted to rub her face. Perhaps it would have been better if Isaki had declared the man insane. Didn't multiple identities warrant that treatment anymore? But Kato Haruka had been allowed out... With a bomb collar. The contradictions were too frustrating to dwell on.

"Death's Shadow sounds like some people I might know... So at least that's a starting point," she murmured.

"Additionally, before we depart... I am giving some thought to the leadership of the Raikage Guard. The Torre Celeste may see some fresh masks soon."

She bowed politely to the assembled players of this little scene. "Thank you for the meeting. Hayata-sama... I do not believe you mentioned the matter of designating your successor?"

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Interesting." Shin said rubbing his chin. It was not the first time he heard the name Ketsueki Sato. The man who had attached himself to an innocent girl like a parasite simply so he can indulge in his tortured past. The man simply did not understand that his demonic nature was a danger to himself and the people around him regardless of his claims. Shin knew the man was going to loose control at some point and he certainly did not want the village to share in the consequences.

"I encountered Satou-san some time in the past. I mentioned his name to Rin prior so I feel it is appropriate to discuss it again here. When I met him I found himself attached to a young girl named Higa Kahako. She was an academy student at the time but now a genin. Apparently, she had formed a contract with Satou similar to a master and servant relationship. I could not stand for such a relationship especially among shinobi, but more importantly I feared that Satou's dark charkra would be too much for Kahako-chan to handle. I attempted to seal demonic chakra but was stopped by the old man you mentioned, Kushin. The old man's name is Rurou Kotsurugi. He was a temporary leader to internal affairs before I delegated the division back ANBU." Shin said. He looked at Kushin seeing if his words were following his.

"I did not purse the matter further when I came to the realization that Satou-san's sanity is maintained when he is around Kahako. Somehow the girl reminds him of his own daughter that he lost years ago. As a security measure I placed a protective and tracking seal on Kahako to watch Sataou. I have not discovered any sudden anomalies as of now."

He stopped as he reminded himself of Rin's earlier question.

"Yes, I did mention that. I have not nominated anyone as of now to take my place if anything is to happen to me. All of you are all equal candidates I just fear that if you leave your position the branches would return to shambles again."

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“Another Kato Haruka. How lovely,” said Masao, expertly facepalming at the story Kushin and Shin told. Then again, the Main Branch was full of degenerates like this and that was part of the reason he had been appointed. Would he forever serve as Fujinami Souseiki’s janitor? Probably, for the remainder of his career (let’s be realistic). “Part of me feels that the bloodsucker should be outright eliminated, however, I suppose he should be one of the individuals who undergoes some intensive therapy before he inevitably snaps and tries for one or all four of our necks. I’ve met Rurou-san as well, and frankly the man also bothers me as well. Too many secrets. I’ll be dropping in on both of them. Let me know, Raikage-sama, if the Lo-Jack you installed on Higa Kahako ever starts acting wonky. I’d hate to have this rape turn into a murder.”

Now for the final issue at hand – something that needed to be discussed a while ago but wasn’t, due to distracting internal politics.

“Then it might be wise to have a candidate besides us three in mind, and if you do not, you may wish to start grooming someone of your choosing for the role. Even if that person is young and less powerful, we can still serve as regents of a sort until he or she is really ready to take up the mantle. Otherwise, you get into a situation like the Shogunate just found itself in. A consideration for the future.”

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He listened to Rin's reaction and nodded to her request. That could certainly be arranged. It was unfortunate that without the man having committed a crime that Kushin under the current conditions couldn't force someone to remain in the Takao Institute. It was a failing in the laws in his mind, though chances were if he were to suggest it being amended then he would be accused of trying to gain too much power. That had been part of the law change he thought he and Rin had discussed in the past, but he realized now that that had not been the case in retrospect she had been talking about setting up the tri-branch push to try and stop mental illnesses before they get to an institutionalized state.

Shin on the other hand seemed to be aware of the man Kushin had spoken of. He was connected to someone named Kahako. Higa Kahako, why was that name familiar. What was it, what was it, wha... trainee. She was a medical trainee. None of this really made any sense. If he was calm when he was around the girl and the old man had taken him into his care, then, why was he in the Takao Cells at all? Nothing was on the records of him doing something worth imprisonment, the notes themselves said it was by the mans own request. Had he simply wanted to know more about himself? Questions. As answers were raised twice as many questions were as well.

Masao's opinion was an interesting one, though Kushin was never quite sure when the man was joking and when he was being serious. Simply wiping him out was an option, and probably the cleanest one. Yet what would that tell the populace of their leadership. Would they begin to shy away from gaining powers and flaunting them, deliberately playing weaker due to some misconstrued idea that if they showed their enjoyment of battle, of killing, they might be killed themselves. Yet Masao was going to look into it from his position, exert some authority on matters.

I believe Kahako is a member of the medical branch's trainee group. I will question her on the matter as well, find out what developments have occurred and see if I can figure out why he would have institutionalized himself.

Then Rin raised the idea of Shin designating his successor. Oh Raiden, please don't let it be him. Looking at the other two he realized that the chances of that were very slim. If his previous thoughts were in the slightest accurate then it would be amazing if he were still even a sennin at the time. Yet the last thing he wanted was to be made Raikage. Too much responsibility, too much power.

A thought which might shock some people, but in the end Kushin preferred to work behind someone else. That he made a play for Sennin was almost out of his character, but there were things which he couldn't do as a Mednin Chief and with a barely present Sennin around he couldn't push through from behind the scenes either. (OOC: not in thoughts, simply explanation)

He looked at Shin and waited for his thoughts. And he could breath a sigh of relief. If nothing else what that meant was "I don't want to voice it here because people might be annoyed" and by people he must surely mean him, as if it were him then chances were Shin would have spoken with Masao and Rin before hand about it. Which meant that it wouldn't be him. Which was perfect.

Masao suggested having someone else, someone to be groomed to the position. Yes, Kushin thought, that would be the perfect solution. I agree with Masao. Besides, even if they are less powerful at the time of choosing you can have them receive training from all four of us. It wouldn't take long before they gained their strength and showed promise. Besides I'm sure you're not considering stepping down anytime soon.

At least Kushin hoped that's not why this topic was being raised. Though by saying as much he would likely receive something to confirm or deny it.

Santaru Rin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC said:
Sorry for holding things back during the con!

"Yes... There's a generational problem in Cloud, I think. Many of us with experience are getting on in years or are satisfied in our current roles. The position of Kage doesn't fit in everyone's life plan. There's almost no one left in Isaki-san's generation who is competent--besides yourself, doctor--as recent cases show. They're either dead or deranged, generally speaking, and for our purposes, one is the same as another. The rest of our forces are simply young and inexperienced. These are both remedied with time... But we might not have that," Rin murmured.

"Regardless, if we have trouble with Ketsueki Satou-san, I believe we should involuntarily commit him. If Rurou-san tries to stand in the way of that, then he might have a stint in the prison. It will piss off the Nanjirou clan, but given the status of their last scion, they will simply have to bow their heads and deal with it. I had arranged a date to meet with Rurou Kotsurugi anyway--events have simply conspired to postpone it, but now it looks like it's more of a priority..."

She imagined herself as Raikage. As a child, it had seemed like the perfect dream. As an adult, she was uncertain. In times past, she had taken up many of the roles of the position, but never the true authority. Indeed, she had left to avoid usurping that authority. She was ambitious, but for the village and the nation. Put in a position where her presence would harm either, she had resigned; the alternatives she had seen were untenable.

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shin folded his hands appearing contempt at the whole affair. There was not much he could do with Rurou-san but watch his movement. There was no denying that his demonic bloodline would be a threat to the village but he was still a valuable member of the village and as such should treated justly. Shin sighed positioning himself in his seat. The conversation had been dragging along for quite a while. He noticed the slowly shifting of the weather as the sun rays was cascaded over the tiled floor with a deep dark orange. The end of the day was drawing near.

"I believe has time passed us. We should reconvene at another time. If there is nothing more to be said then you are all dismissed." Shin said raising out of his chair. "Kushin and Rin.[/'b]" Shin began to face them "If you require any more resources to help you on renovating Takao's Institute let me know." Shin said. "I must entertain some other matters around the village. For now I bid you all farewell." Shin said as they all walked out the office.

[Leaving Topic w/ Rin, Masao, and Kushin]

[Sorry to keep you guys waiting]

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kushin nodded silently. The application for funds for the rebuild had already been filed and so it was only a matter of time before that would begin.

All in all there was much of interest in this meeting. Kushin went away from it with some people who needed a visit for their friendly neighborhood medical sennin.

[topic left]

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Now would begin a new direction in his life, and certainly a far more dangerous one. The politics of the Main Branch was a seething mess of overblown rivalries, insatiable blood vendettas, and of course the constant penis-measuring contests between the various clans. It was a searing eruption; a ceaseless discharge of malfeasance and conspiracy that made the Council of nobles look like a model of transparency. This was his final task - to bring law to the lawless and hope to the hopeless. Shin had entrusted him with this responsibility for a reason, however.

He would have to summon the Branch and address them - let them know he was now in charge and that the game had changed. First, however, he had a commitment to make, and a trainee to evaluate and hopefully help survive her first mission. This trainee was a unique case, in that she was an orphan with no identity. Her name was Kaoru, and she had a date with destiny.

[Topic left]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back